What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 13th, '12, 13:39

I watched the first episodes of "History of a Salaryman" and "12 men in a year" but none of them really caught my attention, so I started to watch "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" instead. I like this drama. The story is very original and pretty much unlike anything I've seen before in a K-drama. The main guy is so cute you just want to hug him and pat him on the head (lol! xD). I really disliked Shin Min Ah in "A Love to Kill", but after watching a few episodes of "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho", I realized it was more her character that I despised rather than the actress herself. I actually think she does a pretty good job in the role of the Gumiho.

I'll have to give "History of a Salaryman" and "12 men in a year" a second chance sometime in the future.

As the summer hiatus is getting closer to its end for American tv-series, I'm starting to feel my interest for Asian dramas wavering again. I do want to finish "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" and watch "Nice Guy" though before dropping dramas for however long again.

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 13th, '12, 13:58

Keikan wrote:I watched the first episodes of "History of a Salaryman" and "12 men in a year" but none of them really caught my attention, so I started to watch "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" instead. I like this drama. The story is very original and pretty much unlike anything I've seen before in a K-drama. The main guy is so cute you just want to hug him and pat him on the head (lol! xD). I really disliked Shin Min Ah in "A Love to Kill", but after watching a few episodes of "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho", I realized it was more her character that I despised rather than the actress herself. I actually think she does a pretty good job in the role of the Gumiho.
You seem to have totally different taste in dramas. :mrgreen: I thought My Girlfriend is a Gumiho was very typical k-drama and that you wanted something different. I should stop recomending any dramas or just suggest the popular ones...

Anyway, still watching Reply 1997 and Five Fingers and having Arang as my filler drama. Although, might not need it anymore as Nice Guy and Vampire Prosecutor 2 started. Please save some good series for next year as well!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 13th, '12, 14:07

Keikan wrote:The main guy is so cute you just want to hug him and pat him on the head (lol! xD).
Me too. With a shovel.

This was one of the worst dramas I watched, but we have billions of people and billions of opinions (sometimes more if we count schizophreniac people too).
Added Nice Guy, finally Arang and Vampire Prosecutor 2 to "watching" list. Panda & Hedgehog as my filler drama.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Sep 14th, '12, 04:40

My home computer has a freakin' virus and is in the shop for repairs. :cussing:

I've just watched ep. 61 of Queen Seon Duk at my local 24-hour internet cafe/pool hall (sounds dodgy, huh? :wink: ). The hostess here is working on her degree in Korean history. Pretty cool. I will be back tomorrow evening for the grand finale!

Neither sleet nor snow nor hail will prevent me from the faithful viewing of my K-dramas.
:P
P.S. I hate you Bidam - you lousy beep - beep -beep. I'd like to pat you on the head with a battering ram.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 14th, '12, 07:39

@rootabega: here *hands it*. :twisted:
That's the spirit! All hail the crazy!
:mrgreen:

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 14th, '12, 08:10

Viande: I don't know. I might change my opinion later (I've only watched 4 episodes ) . Right now I'm just enjoying how funny and original the story is. I'm not saying it's the best drama ever, but it makes for a nice distraction from studying. As long as it doesn't turn into another chaebol story I'll be happy. :whistling: I've only watched the first episode of "History of a Salaryman" and "12 Men and a Year", and since K-dramas should never be judged on their first episodes, I'll definetely give them another chance to see if my opinion changes. I'm very hard to please though. I'm one of the rare persons who hated "Secret Garden" and the J-drama "Nodame Cantabile", and who gave up on "Coffee Prince" after 4 episodes. xD

@Ethlenn: aww! :P

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Sep 14th, '12, 08:21

Keikan wrote:and who gave up on "Coffee Prince" after 4 episodes. xD
Wow, that hurts! XD But I agree about Secret Garden.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 14th, '12, 08:33

Keikan wrote: I'm one of the rare persons who hated "Secret Garden" and the J-drama "Nodame Cantabile", and who gave up on "Coffee Prince" after 4 episodes. xD
You're not as rare as you think you are. :whistling: SG was painfully "don't care"-ish for me so I dropped it. And I know quite a few people who did the same. Nodame is one of the worst I've seen, CP however I liked.
As for me, I judge every kdrama after the first episode, I can say I'll watch it or not.
@Ethlenn: aww! :P
Yeah, I'm a charming little girl :P

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Sep 15th, '12, 00:38

I did it! I did it! I just finished my first taeha. :-)
Queen Seon Duk - what an amazing woman.

OK, what's next??? So many good suggestions on this thread.

Only look at this spoiler if you want to know how hooked on K-dramas I am now:

I went camping once this summer and all I could think about after the first night was home much I wanted to be at home watching my dramas. OK, the weather turned sort of sour, but REALLY. That is addiction, folks. :blink Met a guy on the way back who totally commiserated with me, so I guess I'm not the only one.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 15th, '12, 08:00

You know that feeling when it's 4.30 am and you have two last episodes left? True story.

Thanks to evil Issy, I have to add The 1000th Man to the list...

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Sep 15th, '12, 08:55

Ethlenn wrote:
Keikan wrote: I'm one of the rare persons who hated "Secret Garden" and the J-drama "Nodame Cantabile", and who gave up on "Coffee Prince" after 4 episodes. xD
You're not as rare as you think you are. :whistling: SG was painfully "don't care"-ish for me so I dropped it. And I know quite a few people who did the same. Nodame is one of the worst I've seen, CP however I liked.
As for me, I judge every kdrama after the first episode, I can say I'll watch it or not.
Another person that is also considered rare! LOL

I did like "Secret Garden" but had issues with some of the plot in the end...

I HATED "Nodame Cantabile" and could not get pass the 4th episode because I wanted to save my brain cells for something else. And I did not find ANYTHING funny about it at all. For me all of the characters were extremely annoying.

And "Coffee Prince" was the worst IMO. Boring and not one feeling of romance for me... It was a struggle to watch and I skimmed through it just to see if it got better... For me it did not... So you are not alone in not liking some of the "popular" dramas.

Right now I am watching "Arang and the Magistrate' and "Faith". Still looking around for some other funny dramas at the moment. :D

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 16th, '12, 10:41

Just finished the first two episodes of "Nice Guy" and I'm hooked. As expected from a drama written by Lee Kyung Hee, the story and the characters are very dark, but that's precisely what I enjoy so much. I'm looking forward to the next episode! :D

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Sep 17th, '12, 09:17

Keikan wrote:Just finished the first two episodes of "Nice Guy" and I'm hooked. As expected from a drama written by Lee Kyung Hee, the story and the characters are very dark, but that's precisely what I enjoy so much. I'm looking forward to the next episode! :D
Yea I just finished the first 2 episodes of Nice Guy.It's not the usual genre that I would watch but somehow I'm hooked to it XD Another would be Faith :D Any other interesting ongoing Kdrama? :-)

safe weapon

Post by safe weapon » Sep 19th, '12, 13:43

I've also watched the first two episodes of "nice guy" and while I greatly enjoyed it I couldn't help but think the whole thing was based on silly details. The first one when the hero has to take the blame for a murder he did not commit and risk several years of criminal reclusion ( 5 years for a murder????? If you want to kill someone, do it in Korea ) only to save his lover.

the second one is the extremely awkward way he met with his lover's stepdaughter. after seeing she was being chazed by a motorcycle, she plays along and act as if she was racing with him

JSYa

Post by JSYa » Sep 19th, '12, 13:55

Watching Ojakgyo brothers, such a long Drama but sound interesting.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 19th, '12, 19:52

Just watched first 2 episodes of Nice Guy. Right from the moment I read the sypnosis, I thought - damn, I will probably love this drama so damn much!

Reminds me of Bad Guy. Not only title-wise, but plot-wise, too. And that's a very, very good thing, because I loved it so damn much. And Nice Guy is very, very promising. I am already sad that I can't watch all it's episodes in one go. I hope that it won't make me disappointed... but it'd be very, very hard thing to do.

Yeah, girls, I am back. Kind of. :D Very little free time, yet I miss dramas and varieties.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Sep 20th, '12, 22:01

back with phase on Kdrama so
Faith - hooked, nice fighting parts, I watched better politics scheming then here but I can manage
Arang And Magistate - hooked, LJK still one of my favorites and here better then ever + very interesting plot and funny at the same time - the best option so far (I so hope warewolves are not involved ;) )
To beautiful you - on fastforward - MinHo is sweet but not much of actor, sorry, the worst adaptation ever
Nice Guy - waiting for subtitles but looks promising

btw why wuxia feeling everywhere?

I vote for Secret graden anti team too. I started it like 3 times and at the end watched on fastforward stoping only for this weird pairing singer, director and young singer/composer. They were at least entertaining.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 20th, '12, 22:55

so me right now
Faith
I have unhealthy obsession with this drama right now. It lacks so much in directing, editing, storylines and so and so. it's story going in circles lots of times but somehow it has captured my heart, my mind and maybe my sanity. there are 3 OTP that I ship in there and it has its cute little moments every where. I came to discover what a gem actor is RDH and now fangirl like crazy over him and MinHot.

Arang
probably one of the best fantasy, spooky, sageuk I have seen so far. I am also hooked on this one badly. LJK is doing his best in portraying his character and you just can't not be impressed by him. it also has stunning visual sceneries

Five fingers
lots of angst and lots blood boiling involved when I watch this drama. and It has Mokdan girl from Gaksital who i reall wish if she can have a same ending as her gaksital character but in much earlier eps. This girl just can't act. she's a living proof on how netizens can't not recognise the real talent from no talent at all sometimes

the Thousand's Man
This drama is fun, unpredictable and really good. I was impressed by its 1st ep and is still keeping me highly entertained

Nice Guy
I have only seen half of first ep and have to admit that did not really impressed me much. maybe I change my point of view with later eps but so far I really don't like any of its characters. sorry petto

Mushin is on hold for while because I simply ran out of time to watch anymore. same with the Third ward

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 24th, '12, 19:13

So far behind all of you in this neck of the woods. I rely more on TV showings now.
I am deeply into 'Mushin'. the last episode 28 was fantastic baby. Really getting into a more humanistic level. Not so much just war. I think this is when the Mongols retreat for awhile. Now we will have the human crises into full flow.
Also keeping an eye on 'IDo I Do' which is light and funny and still manages to run a very serious subject in many scenes. I just admire the two leads so much and despite the age difference they still look good and act well together.

'Light and shadows' is coming to an end. My first Korean heartthrov, Ahn Jae Wook still gives me a flutter. He looks wonderful. Wicked eyes and smile still.

QSD is also still repeating in the a.m I watch most of the times and at last, now that Kim Nam Gill is on board, the story will begin to liven up.

Arang, Faith and Five Fingers are looming on the horizon and then you will already be on to more new dramas...!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Sep 25th, '12, 00:18

I think I'm dropping both Faith and Arang I thought it was just my absolute obsession with Answer me 1997 that was causing my disappearing desire to watch them but now that It s over it seems like that's not the case, I have to work to make myself watch them now and when I do I love them but yea I'm going to drop them.

Watching

Vampire Prosecutor 2- awesome

Nice Guy- as she is Eun Gi is my second favorite K-drama heroine ever right after Sung Shi Won, I hope she doesn't change too much after the amnesia strikes, unless it already has and we don't know it

Invincible Youth season 1- I know technically it's not a drama but it's just as fake and scripted as one, as for why I'm watching it sometimes I just need to look at eye candy and turn my brain off

on hold

Capital Scandal and Flower Boy Ramen Shop, I still fully intend to finish them someday it's just that day seems to be falling further and further into the future

jackieb

Post by jackieb » Sep 26th, '12, 02:13

Brain - Monday Melodrama Night.
Warrior Baek Dong Soo - Tuesday Travel Back in Time Night
A Man Called God - Wednesday OutWit the Bad Guys Night.
A Gentleman's Dignity - Thursday Thirsty for Romance Night.
History of a Salaryman - Friday See it Again for the First Time Night.

When new episodes air,
Mooshin (God of War)
Vampire Prosecutor 2
Arang and the Magistrate
Nice Guy

analovedrama

Post by analovedrama » Sep 27th, '12, 02:59

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (Must watch, cuz is already a classic)

Dream High 2 (good but not awesome like the original)

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Sep 27th, '12, 12:36

I'm currently watching the 5th episode of "Will it Snow for Christmas" and I'm considering dropping this series. Nothing really happens and the main actress, apart from having a pretty face, has no talent in acting whatsoever.

I watched the first episode of "Thorn Birds". It seems interesting. I'll reserve my judgement for after I've watched episode 2.

I just finished episode 5 of "Nice Guy" and once again I have nothing but praise for this series. It seems to get more and more interesting every episode. Finally a drama that manages to get rid of clichés while at the same time maintaining an interesting and unpredictable plot. You just never know what's going to happen next, and I love this! That's how dramas should be written IMO. I think I might start to like it even more than "I'm Sorry I Love You" if it continues to be this good in the future. We'll see. :P

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Sep 30th, '12, 11:26

Life is beautiful :-)

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Sep 30th, '12, 21:30

I'm just loving all the k-dramas right now. Tis actually the first time I'm watching dramas as it airs and for some I could live with it but for some I wished I should have waited. :crazy:

Golden Time: I'm half way through. This drama is not a biggie for me so I'm just watching it when ever I feel like it. It does start of draggy but as it progresses it gets better.

Faith: Love it. I have to agree with you Issy. There are problems with this show but it does drive you to continue watching it... and well LMH :wub:

Arang and the Magistrate: Love it! I like how SMA portrays her character as Arang. I've only seen her from My Girlfriend is a Gumiho so I was kinda worried on how the drama was going to be. OMG! Dol-Soe and Bang-Wool are just killing me, hence the new siggy.

Nice Guy: One of the dramas I wished I would have waiting until it finished so I wouldn't have to wait in suspense until next week epi's. I always loved SJK's acting and this one doesn't disappoint.

The 3rd Hospital: Same as Golden Time but this one is a tad better than GT. This one too I'm watching it when I feel like it which is usually on Fridays when I get home to relax after work.

From the weekend dramas I'm watching Panda and Hedgehog and Vampire Prosecutor. As for P and H, You can't take this drama serious because there is nothing that serious about it. Yeah a bit of mellow from the characters background but that's about it. Just a nice and lighthearted drama. And, I seriously have to stop myself from wanting EVERYTHING Seung-Ji makes or my health will seriously go down hill. But it does get better with VP. With the sexy prosecutor, funny detective, and with the cutie just makes my weekends all better. and dammit just make him a full timer already so we can have more scenes :mrgreen:

This week I'm going to squeeze in The Thousandth Man and when I have more space I'll pick up May Queen and Five Fingers. Seriously, when I was writing this post the only thing going on my mind is, "how in the hell did I get time to watch all this!" :scratch: :blink

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 30th, '12, 21:44

esmer86 wrote:Seriously, when I was writing this post the only thing going on my mind is, "how in the hell did I get time to watch all this!" :scratch: :blink
Welcome to sobbing ladies club. Sobbing cause lack of time and this drama season hell-bent on destroying us. Should join our spazzing on twitter, certain Issy would welcome any other Faith maniac.
BTW. you and your sigis, woman...

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 30th, '12, 21:50

@esmer
:blink :blink :blink

shocked at number of dramas you are currently watching dear... :mrgreen:

I am studding for a new course so I am behind everything. the only dramas That I am keeping up with is Faith and The 1000th Man.

:|
Last edited by Issy on Sep 30th, '12, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Sep 30th, '12, 21:52

Ethlenn wrote:
esmer86 wrote:Seriously, when I was writing this post the only thing going on my mind is, "how in the hell did I get time to watch all this!" :scratch: :blink
Welcome to sobbing ladies club. Sobbing cause lack of time and this drama season hell-bent on destroying us. Should join our spazzing on twitter, certain Issy would welcome any other Faith maniac.
BTW. you and your sigis, woman...
I know, I know. I really need to get used to using social sites. As my sisters say, I like to stay in my own little cocoon and I really need to get out. :whistling: And Issy, I'm shocked too!

Viande

Post by Viande » Sep 30th, '12, 22:15

Esmer, your signature again... :mrgreen:

Indeed, we're bunch of zombies soon. So many great dramas going on at the same time.

I wish I had time for more but at the moment I can only barely manage 4; Five Fingers, Vampire Prosecutor 2, Nice Guy and Arang and the Magistrate.

As soon as I get that time, I was planning to check at least May Queen and probably also The 1000th Man, Faith and Haeundae Lovers. And God's Quiz is still waiting for my attention.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 1st, '12, 01:13

Ethlenn wrote: certain Issy would welcome any other Faith maniac.
ummm, as it is to do with a drama and matter of taste, I much prefer the term enthusiast or even obsessed to be honest... :whistling:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 1st, '12, 19:47

certain Issy would welcome any other Faith maniac.
actually I keep her company on this topic :lol
Good season for dramas thats for sure, I am suffering from lack of time so I am saving Nice guy, Vampire P and Five Fingers for all-nighters when they will end. Still giving myself manicure with teeth watching Arang and Faith. And Panda to let them growth a bit to next week :lol
Thinking about Ghost..

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 3rd, '12, 09:55

Ended watching :
"Reply 1997" : Best drama of the year period.
"God's Quiz" S01&S02 : The cutie's character ROCKED !

Watching:
"God's Quiz" S03: not sure avout this season though.
"Arang & the magistrate": still loving it, one of the best dramas I've ever watched.
"Nice guy" :1st ep was meh but after that great !this drama is good, love it, love the cast, love the story.
"Five fingers": I dunno really about this, if it wasn't for JJH I would have dropped it!
"Story of a man" : a GEM, one of the best performances I've seen, everyone rocks here, the story is not bad at all and I've fallen for Park Ki Woong such a cute baby <3
"1000th Man" :This drama has crazy people ! :D :D
I guess that's it .
Oh on hold:
"Haeundae lovers" & "Faith" well no time, I barely manage to watch the dramas above !

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Oct 3rd, '12, 12:39

I dropped both "Thorn Birds" and "Will it Snow for Christmas?". I watched two episodes of "Thorn Birds" and for some reason I just couldn't find myself invested in the story nor in the characters. Loads of people like this drama though, so I guess it must become interesting later on, but to me it just seemed like another tale of parenthood mystery (and I'm a bit tired of those >.<).

I just started a drama called "Flowers For My Life" and I really like it so far. It's been a while since I last watched a drama that made me laugh so hard. I do have to say though that you need to appreciate dark humor in order to enjoy this drama. Btw the main girl is borderline sociopath with her fascination for death and money, and it's a welcome change from the usual K-drama heroine! :P

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Oct 3rd, '12, 13:06

Keikan wrote:I dropped both "Thorn Birds" and "Will it Snow for Christmas?". I watched two episodes of "Thorn Birds" and for some reason I just couldn't find myself invested in the story nor in the characters. Loads of people like this drama though, so I guess it must become interesting later on, but to me it just seemed like another tale of parenthood mystery (and I'm a bit tired of those >.<).
The first 2 episodes made it look like parenthood mystery, but Yoo Kyung already knew who her mother is by then. She wants acknowledgement and why she was abandoned, which brings to her being mislead and seeking revenge. Because of one girl's actions, the lives of both girls end up being tightly bound to each other (why would one girl ask the other on the whereabouts of the child in the opening scene of the first episode and why would the other girl respond to her in that way). The drama begins in the present when they are in their 30's, flashbacks to their childhood, then forwards to their 20's, and finally returns to the present.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 3rd, '12, 18:55

I just finished watching Chuno. It's definitely a 10/10. The cast, the plot, the acting, the emotions, everything is exceptional. I like historical dramas, but most of the time they're too slow paced and has too much dialogue and political intrigue and too less action. Chuno is not like that, it has a perfect balance between plot progression and action/fighting scenes and comedy.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 4th, '12, 02:50

Keikan wrote:
I just started a drama called "Flowers For My Life" and I really like it so far. It's been a while since I last watched a drama that made me laugh so hard. I do have to say though that you need to appreciate dark humor in order to enjoy this drama. Btw the main girl is borderline sociopath with her fascination for death and money, and it's a welcome change from the usual K-drama heroine! :P
that's one of my all-time favorite dramas both Cha Tae Hyun and Kang Hye Jung were spectacular

onto

watching

Nice Guy- I've decided that since Ma Roo doesn't want Eun Gi I'll take her

Vampire Prosecutor 2

Oohlala Couple- can we have a spin off of like 10 or 12 episodes in which Narsha and Byun Hee Bong follow around a different couple every episode maybe take action if necessary

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Oct 5th, '12, 06:14

Chuno is the best k-drama I've ever seen. It is some of the best television I've seen from any country. The creators have every right to feel proud of their achievement.
Characters and a theme I could truly care about, coupled with superlative direction, acting and production values - I felt enriched watching this program.

Meanwhile, back in reality, I'm currently slogging through popular favourite Dong Yi aka "Dong Yi - A Tale of Dumb Luck", "Slavery - the Musical!", and "When the Smartest Guys in the Room.....Aren't Very Smart."
Le sigh......

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Oct 8th, '12, 02:12

Big (on 2nd episode) and Baby-faced beauty.

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Oct 8th, '12, 09:28

I can't bring myself to finish "Flowers For My Life". I mean it's a really good drama, it's filled with dark humor and it's very funny for about 9 episodes, but than suddenly around the 10th episode...
1 main character dies, and we learn that the main male character has terminal cancer... just like that... out of the blue.
It seems to suddenly become really sad for no specific reason other than to make the viewer feel depressed. I usually love sad dramas, but this one is making me feel depressed in a frustrated kind of way. This drama starts off with a very optimistic and hopeful view on life and death, but then somewhere along the middle it becomes extremely pessimistic, leaving the viewer a bit frustrated and caught off-guard. After watching episode 11, I get the impression that the message of this drama is "we're all doomed to die and there's nothing we can do about it". Don't get me wrong, this drama is highly entertaining. I just find this concept so depressing that going on to the next episode seems like a challenge right now. I'm a very optimistic person and I don't like what this drama is doing to me, that's all. >.<

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Oct 8th, '12, 15:46

After seeing the praises of 'Chuno' I have now added that to my list and after watching two episodes I think I am going to like this one a lot! :D

I am still watching 'Arang and the Magistrate' and 'Faith'. I started 'Queen Insoo's Man' and I plan to drop it... It felt like a struggle just trying to make it to episode 5. Something about it is just boring and I hate the acting... :-(

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 8th, '12, 16:02

MitsukaiKuroi2 wrote:After seeing the praises of 'Chuno' I have now added that to my list and after watching two episodes I think I am going to like this one a lot! :D

I am still watching 'Arang and the Magistrate' and 'Faith'. I started 'Queen Insoo's Man' and I plan to drop it... It felt like a struggle just trying to make it to episode 5. Something about it is just boring and I hate the acting... :-(
Do you mean Queen InSoo or Queen Inhyun's Man? There are two different dramas you know :whistling:

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Oct 8th, '12, 16:58

Issy wrote:
MitsukaiKuroi2 wrote:After seeing the praises of 'Chuno' I have now added that to my list and after watching two episodes I think I am going to like this one a lot! :D

Do you mean Queen InSoo or Queen Inhyun's Man? There are two different dramas you know :whistling:
Thank you for correcting me... Queen Inhyun's Man... Just can not get into it...

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 12th, '12, 18:49

Nice Guy- so awesome just, please drama don't ruin my Eun Gi in the second half

Vampire Prosecutor 2

Oohlala Couple- had trouble watching at first because every fiber of my being wants to murder Yeo Ok's husband, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, but now watching Shin Hyun Joon act as Yeo Ok is hilarious however as much as I like Kim Jung Eun her role would benefit from a better actress

Yellow Boots- it's Ice Adonis on dramafever but I trust d-addicts more so Yellow Boots it is, I liked the first episode but I really really like you is by far the longest drama I've ever been able to finish because really anything over 16 episodes gets mindnumbingly boring so I doubt I'll finish but hooray for mentaly handicapped people they're frequently the most likable people in the dramas they;re is so can we get a drama where the whole cast is mentally handicapped?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 12th, '12, 22:48

I just tried Queen Inhyun's Man as addition to Faith and Arang as Panda and To Beautiful you ended (the second one total waste of time I must say but fast forward do not cost me that much) but I do not have heart for it. I went up to 9th episode and something is missing here. The main actress is giving me mixed feelings but rather on :glare: side. Time traveler here is so incredibly clever and adjust to the level which make me :goggle: and everything is so false that it is affecting my judgement. Had potential but it was lost on the way. Time travel consequences are interesting here but with no feelings to characters I can't find energy to analyze them. Weak.
I am going to start Nice guy I guess and check Seer

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Oct 17th, '12, 15:50

Hello, fellow addicts.
I just popped in to say that I've started watching Painter of the Wind and
***my life is so much better now***.
Quality, through and through. :thumright:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 17th, '12, 16:31

Buckets of tears marked the ending of The 1000th Man. It's a heavily underrated drama, both bitter and sweet.
Continuing with Five Fingers and I swear, my five fingers would suffice to strangle the Satan's Offspring that is Evil Mother. Love this drama to halfnotes and eighths.
Vampire Proseutor 2 but that's a given, I'm shallow and you know...
Arang... but this ends this week, Nice drama, with some fillers, but like I care, there is God Yoo and (look the explanation above).
Nice Guy, because no one there is nice and I'd love to kick everyone in the face in this drama.

Rascal Sons and Faith as filler dramas when I have nothing else to watch. Will probably start on Horse Healer and The Great Seer but with the beginning of November. Real life is a b*tch on its own...
Have to finish Panda and Mushin sometime soon...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 18th, '12, 05:14

Whatever you do don't rush Mushin/Soldier. I am watching this on 'TV and it is rivetting. there is so much to take in even when it slows up a little. I still think the guy is slow with his talking. There have been so many places where he could have set things clear for himself but NOOOOOO. However I do see that is necessary for the plot to thicken. And it is going to get really soupy soon. Songi is going to be a real villainess and slightly mad in the head I think. She is getting that unbalanced look in her eyes.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '12, 07:10

Peggy wrote:Whatever you do don't rush Mushin/Soldier. I am watching this on 'TV and it is rivetting. there is so much to take in even when it slows up a little. I still think the guy is slow with his talking. There have been so many places where he could have set things clear for himself but NOOOOOO. However I do see that is necessary for the plot to thicken. And it is going to get really soupy soon. Songi is going to be a real villainess and slightly mad in the head I think. She is getting that unbalanced look in her eyes.
Oh, I felt the samething about him. It's annoying when he has the chance to say it, he doesndoesn't.

Well, I'm here so I might as well
Finished The 1000th Man and that was a hidden gem. Short, precise on the topic and well paced. Crying at the end is just inevitable of course.

Still madly obsessed with Faith and really enjoying it. With all ups and downs still has managed to capture my heart.

Nice Guy picked it up again and watched whole 8eps in two days. So it means I am hooked now. I can take its angst as it is less annoying than other ones I have seen.

Will finish Arang this week. It was a very good drama but couldn't connect to its OTP as Faith. I liked them each individually but some how not as much as a couple. It's pity that I can only fully commit and connect to one drama at a time. Faith got there first and managed to stay there so Arang got left out.

Dropped Five Fingers. It's just not me. I can take some makjang and can't take some. FF was of those I couldn't. It's angst is full on with no break so I only can take it if I'm watching for some I care about. JCW was not enough. Plus, it has the broom (dami) as the love interest ! As if all those angst was not enough to hurt poor Jiho so now he has to be romantically in love with a broom. I hope I can see JJH in some thing else in near future.

The Great Seer might have to wait until Faith is over. Still not so sure. I am very excited about it but now there are two different take on same king and same dynasty and they are both clashing in my brain so I let one cool down before I start other one.

And Mushin is still on hold. There are just not enough hours in a day unfortunately.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 19th, '12, 00:54

Almost finished Arang.. (need some claryficationwith subtitles for last episode) and sitll in love with Faith.
Started Nice Guy and rooting for MR but with bad feelings about ending.
I think I will go with Wampire P.. next but it is second season. Should I start with first? I did not have oportunity to go through it. Is second season understandable without seeing first? Or can I watch it in pararel?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '12, 12:27

shiofmedea wrote: Is second season understandable without seeing first?
Different cases, but there is still one common spine through first and second. There are some mentionings, flashbacks, characters.
Plus, first season has smoking hawt bartender and his (in)famous red pants. How about now?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 19th, '12, 12:43

first season has smoking hawt bartender and his (in)famous red pants. How about now?
well, this is what I call winning argument. :lol You know how to convince people!
And red and black are my favorite colors..

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Oct 19th, '12, 14:59

You can completely watch the second season without the first on Vampire Prosecutor.

But there are some things that happen in season 1 that play into the second season, Plus..it's just so well done, it's so worth the watch (And it's actually done airing, so you can watch through quickly). With only 12 ish episodes it's relatively quick watch as far as what i'm used to.

It's also fun to watch how the team changes their chemistry - i rewatched the first season before starting the second, and there's a few small details I would've completely missed.

Keep in mind these aren't your normal vampires...they can at least walk around in the daylight..lol. Dr. Blood is hawt too :D (that's the bartender, and yes, he's really a doc too:D)

As for dramas I'm watching..

Arang - Can't wait to finish this weekend (i almost always watch with subtitles).
Golden Time - Waited till it was done airing because I hold a special place in my heart for medical dramas (that are good and aren't boring). Plus Lee Sun Gyun is in it, and i had to watch it for him. However, his character is completely different then I expected (Complete opposite of Pasta, if you've watched it). But I love it, he plays the character well, right down to his aimless mumbling.
Me Too, FLower - on episode 10, and.. thinking about dropping it. I like moments in the drama, but not in love with it as a whole. Which really sucks, because the kiss scene in episode 6 was epic (as in..i want more like that!).
To the Beautiful You - finished. I liked it as in it was light and fluffy and a good play on an old favorite for me. Made me wanna drag my manga series out just to reread it.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 19th, '12, 20:00

Lludara
If you liked To the Beautiful You I suggest watching first jap version Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, way better and more funny. The best part Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu Shuichi. Hated Horikita Maki there (and everywhere to be honest) and not to fond of Oguri Shun here as well but still the best choice among 3 I know.
I have only 3 episodes of Nice Guy to be on line with airing and will start with hot bartender thing :lol

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Oct 19th, '12, 20:14

Lovers in Prague
I am watching the first episode and I paused it to post this :D

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Oct 20th, '12, 19:25

shiofmedea wrote:Lludara
If you liked To the Beautiful You I suggest watching first jap version Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, way better and more funny. The best part Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu Shuichi. Hated Horikita Maki there (and everywhere to be honest) and not to fond of Oguri Shun here as well but still the best choice among 3 I know.
I have only 3 episodes of Nice Guy to be on line with airing and will start with hot bartender thing :lol
Thanks...but i've already watched most of the japanese versions of those manga :D J-drama is actually where I started before I started watching korean dramas.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 21st, '12, 13:01

There is no living thing that didn't like Chuno. At least I have never, ever heard or even thought that there might be.

I am watching Nice Guy. Every week anxiously waiting for new episodes to air. And loving it to bits.

Some time ago I finished Haeundae Lovers. First half was quite good but the rest was just... painful to watch. Painfully boring. :mrgreen:

Even though I have no time, since I have work after school, I still want to watch dramas. I wanted to find something quite serious like Nice Guy, Bad Guy, Chuno, The Devil, Resurrection and so on. But I have had no success with that. Seen them all.
So I just found two dramas that seemed to be watchable - 1000th Man and Reply 1997. Not sure which one to start with. :alcoholic:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Oct 21st, '12, 19:41

Just started Arang and the Magistrate and I am so happy because it has my two fav leads Lee Junki and Shin Min Ah. I hope I can finish it within a week.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 22nd, '12, 20:18

Lludara So am I, I started from Jdrama (still I watch them) and then graduated here :lol
Started with Vampire P season1 - plot per episode could be a bit less predictable I mean crime part but nice variations started around episode 6 (the one with tough Cleaner woman?) and Fighting Club was amusing. And cute laboratory guy is nice break to watch, red pants too :lol I agree.
Arang done
Nice Guy is climbing to second obsession position right after Faith and I hate melodrama so I am surprised myself.
I am thinking about TEN, any insight?

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 24th, '12, 18:32

Nice Guy- so much love I'm still a little wary of the amnesia but I can see how Eun Gi needed it and well it helps Maru as well it's just Eun Gi was so awesome and now since it was caused by brain damage who knows if we'll get our awesome Eun Gi back

Vampire Prosecutor 2-

Ohlala Couple- thinking about dropping

Yellow Boots- taking my time on this one

rewatching for the first time in 2 years

Soulmate- 2 years ago when I first watched Soulmate it was one of the dramas that got me hooked but it's steadily fallen since then, rewatching its flaws are more obvious this time but I still like it a lot it's just not a favorite anymore, but I've been surprised by how much I remember before it happens

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Oct 25th, '12, 16:31

Crime Squad
Just finished watching the first episode!!!

cherrymafia

Post by cherrymafia » Oct 25th, '12, 16:57

Only watching 2 at the moment! Nice Guy which I like a lot, and trying to finish Dr. Jin, but it's not that interesting. Oh, and I'm currently also watching jdrama called Rich Man, Poor Woman.

kfanatic

Post by kfanatic » Oct 25th, '12, 17:20

I'm currently watching Nice guy and Arang and the Magistrate...

miyachanfan

Post by miyachanfan » Oct 27th, '12, 02:53

Since yesterday, totally hooked on New Tales of Gisaeng!!

As for newer stuff, Nice Guy and Arang (obviously^^) and finishing Panda and Hedgehog (which I delay on purpose, just can't part from these lovely characters xD).

I had originally followed Faith along the first 11 or 12 episodes, but it grew more and more ridiculous and utterly boring. What a horrible waste of good(-looking) actors. But thanks to it I discovered Sung Hoon and the gorgeous drama Gisaeng he's in)))) :heart:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Oct 28th, '12, 00:47

Little Mom Scandal- just watched the first episode, it has the potential to either be really good and thought inducing or really preachy.

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Oct 28th, '12, 16:57

Just finished watching Crime Squad.
I watched one episode after the other :D
Song Il Guk :wub:
And now I am watching Jumong.

rorein

Post by rorein » Nov 1st, '12, 17:50

I've just finished Secret Garden (my third KDrama) and what a show it was. I usually watch Jdrama but I may be converted if other Kdramas are half as good as this.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 1st, '12, 19:29

Faith ended :cry:
Nice Guy cont.
and inspired by its hero going back to SKKS I hope this time I will finish it, this drama has serious bad luck in my drama watching history, always interupted
Great Seer - let's cont. with time frame after Faith, I need to catch up
Vampire P2 - very good but I should have wait for it to end and then pull all-nighter
Gag Show.. need something to laugh at

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Nov 6th, '12, 12:36

nice guy
five fingers

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Nov 6th, '12, 13:55

time to catch up with the new dramas :P

watching now Arang and the Magistrates ^_^

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 6th, '12, 14:17

Faith is over :cry: :cry: :cry:
watching
Nice Guy
The Great Seer

need to add some more dramas to the list.
will start King of Dramas

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 6th, '12, 14:52

still loving Nice Guy

Vampire Prosecutor 2

Little Mom Scandal 2-

Can We Mary?- I had never heard of this before it showed up on dramafever, but it has a young cast Han Groo, Sung Joon, and Kim Young Kwang who I had been impressed with or at least liked in what I'd seen them in before I've never seen Jung So Min though. It's kind of weird though for 2 reasons 1 is even though it's going to have parental interference and that's my least favorite k-drama trope I like it, 2 it's kind of weird when Jung Min So is only 23 and playing a 28 year old and I don't think they've said her characters age but Han Groo is only 20 playing a similarly aged character as well same thing for the guys

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 6th, '12, 15:15

I can finally write it ! :D
Finished watching :
The thousandth man: short, funny, sweet...a little gem.
Arang : Something was missing in the last episodes but it was a good drama and the OST was brilliant !

Watching:
-Nice guy: I'm not expecting anything anymore which is good , I enjoy the acting ,the cuteness, the hotness...
-My love, madame butterfly : It's a family drama, loved it from the 1st episode,it's sooo funny, now waiting for the subs of the last aired epsiodes, it's quite slow.
-A man's story:Awesome.

Will start: Vampire prosecutor finally !
And some dramas are on hold because of time.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Nov 6th, '12, 23:21

Que Sera Sera on ep 2. Still working on Baby-Faced Beauty now on episode 9. Its so good! I cant believe I dragged on this drama... Still working on Arang the Magistrate.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 7th, '12, 03:28

still Vampire prosecutor 2 and Nice Guy (more and more predictable but not-so-nice-guy keeps me there)
SKKS finished ( :blink 3rd attempt and finally) - I always thought it was a bit strange that SJK and YAI won Best Pair award but SJK was :blink :w00t: incredible here, so..
starting Tree with deep roots
finally started Great Seer
I would like start King of Dramas but day has only 24H

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Nov 8th, '12, 04:38

Hey what's up you guys, thought I'd be a little more active on this forum.

Currently I'm watching:
vampire prosecutor 2
the horse doctor
nice guy
the great seer
And I've almost completed you who rolled in unexpectedly.