My Sassy Girl vs Windstruck

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.

WHICH IS BETTER?

Sassy Girl
65%
Windstruck
12%
EQUALLY GOOD
21%
THEY BOTH SUCKED
2%

Total votes: 187

DonlySuperman

My Sassy Girl vs Windstruck

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 7th, '05, 23:20

same actress. Just wonderin what you think is better. I like them both but sassy girl is a little funnier.

rinimeatballs

Post by rinimeatballs » Apr 8th, '05, 01:27

i liked them both...windstuck was sad and ...hehe a little corny but very touching my sassy girl was silly and funny...and sweet. but i dont think u can watch one without the other just because of how they go with each other. when i show my sassy girl to my friend they almost always go crazy when they see the end of windstuck. i wish more movies had great ending like these.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 8th, '05, 01:59

Gotta go with My Sassy Girl. It's hard to beat. To me, it's the kind of movie that can be watched over & over again. Windstruck gets old after watching it the 2nd time (which I did). And it seemed to drag on a little too long, even when I was watching it the 1st time at the cinema. But I loved the ending! :mrgreen:

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 8th, '05, 02:05

my vote goes to My Sassy Girl. It was much better and funnier compared to Windstuck :-)

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Apr 8th, '05, 02:05

They're also the same director.

I liked My Sassy Girl better.

Btw, who thinks of these english titles? -.-;; Windstruck especially, it's Korean title doesn't really mean Windstruck .... and even My Sassy Girl's title is a bit off from the original. But they seem to do that to all Korean movies. O.o

numbers

Post by numbers » Apr 8th, '05, 02:54

i like sassy more than windstruck, even though they are both played JJH (1 of my fav).
i thought windstruck is trying to take advantage of sassy girl's success.

Dodbos

Post by Dodbos » Apr 8th, '05, 03:26

i think MSG is alot better than windstruck

Sana

Post by Sana » Apr 8th, '05, 06:46

My Sassy Girl. Even with the UFO, it had a better storyline than Windstruck. :whistling:

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Apr 8th, '05, 06:52

My Sassy Girl, it's funnier and has a better storyline than Windstruck. I also feel the urge to watch MSG over and over again, and I still haven't gotten tired of it, while Windstruck is your average 'watch one time only' movie for me. :D Just for the record, I loved both of these movies' endings, although the Windstruck one had me laughing and pointing wildly at the screen. :P

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Apr 8th, '05, 10:23

my sassy girl was a lot better movie storyline wise... it was funnier more realistic, nothing seemed forced, jun ji hyun looks better in it... windstrucks storyline was just too unrealistic for a movie that started off completely realistic until the wind part... that seemed very forced in the to make a storyline as well as the saving from the water part. if nething windstruck only matches my sassy girl in soundtrack... although i still like my sassy girl ost better windstruck has THHEEEE best song by MC Sniper called BK love

otcho

Post by otcho » Apr 8th, '05, 12:26

21 for sassy girl 0 for windstruck ^^

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Apr 14th, '05, 09:00

Sassy girl!!!! well I have nothing against windstruck, i enjoyed the film as well, but somehow it was corny especially in the scene where the dead man appeared to Jeun ji hyun.

But I really love My Sassy girl. It's my fav Korean movie. You should also watch my "little bride"

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Apr 15th, '05, 03:37

is this really a fair poll?? so far, any movie that goes up against MSG will surely lose! :D well, in my world MSG will always win. :mrgreen: i gotta get out more. :P

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 15th, '05, 04:13

I wonder who was the one that voted they both sucked ?

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 15th, '05, 20:00

DarReNz wrote:I wonder who was the one that voted they both sucked ?
seriously

sakura_r0se

Post by sakura_r0se » Apr 15th, '05, 20:20

My bf and I have watched My Sassy Girl together with our "hard-to-please" friends, and even THEY liked it. I SERIOUSLY don't know any girl or any guy who's watched the movie and totally thought it sucked.

My Sassy Girl rocks!

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Apr 16th, '05, 04:11

sakura_r0se wrote:My bf and I have watched My Sassy Girl together with our "hard-to-please" friends, and even THEY liked it. I SERIOUSLY don't know any girl or any guy who's watched the movie and totally thought it sucked.

My Sassy Girl rocks!
haha same here. i showed it to a few caucasian fans that hates oriental movies (even jet li and such) and i gotta tell u, it's funny when u see boys cry. lol (when CTY was chasing after JJH in the subway, and when JJH was crying when she tries to call him)

athida

Post by athida » Apr 19th, '05, 07:30

These two should be in different categories. I watched Windstruck first so I had a different feeling about Sassy Girl when JJH was crying...

WhiteboyLoveAsian

Post by WhiteboyLoveAsian » Apr 19th, '05, 07:47

My sassy girl is more addictive to watch.

I've watched My sassy girls for at least 4 times now and the movie is still damn funny.

fixated2ken

Post by fixated2ken » Apr 21st, '05, 09:22

its my sassy girl for me. there was some kind of magic after watching it... with windstruck it was soo touching but then MSG has already established that good feeling it has brought its viewers

.. but then what i have observed is that if people watched windstruck first before MSG, then they will prefer it over our fave. POV. :D

leduytien

Post by leduytien » Apr 21st, '05, 10:46

watched both and fairly say, My sassy girl is much better than windstruck, although Windstruck has better soundtrack. Scences in Winstruck doesn't seem to be naturally.

plongan

Post by plongan » Apr 22nd, '05, 06:17

maybe I should wote for Windstruck?? I almost feel sorry for the movie because It seems like it always gets in the shadow of my sassy girl??
but to be honest I can't choose between them. (maybe because I saw windstruck first?)
my sassy girl was fun and you really got "sucked" in to the movie, but Windstruck was sad and did the same thing :unsure:

Miss Bouakham

Post by Miss Bouakham » Apr 30th, '05, 08:09

i seriously love them both
but had you only made two options, i would have voted for windstruck simply because i cried more...A LOT more :cry:

apples

Post by apples » Apr 30th, '05, 09:06

i watched my sassy girl first. when i was choosing my first korean movie, i made sure that's the one i see. though i voted for my sassy girl, i had to replay windstruck so more many times.. just some particular scenes. maybe it was the soundtrack, or the unnatural scenes (dancing in the rain?)... or because it's just sad. But overall, MSG is slightly better though.

i guess it's the sort of irony between MSG and windstruck kept me thinking days trying to relate the two movies. Thinking (somewhat like savoring food instead of just gulping on it).. Something i get out of kmovies compared to many hollywood films these days.

for those who haven't watched any of the movies yet yet, i think it's so much better to watch My Sassy Girl first.

alysha

Post by alysha » May 3rd, '05, 12:37

My Sassy Girl is such a good movie and its hard to find a good movies these days. My Sassy Girl is like a standard for me now and i must admit that i've watched it like over 20 times and i still laugh at the same scenes, get teary over the same scenes and get happy over the ending. i just love a good ending.....(oh yeah watch this hk movie "comrades: almost a love story" though you might have to be a fan or know who teressa teng is and know the meanings of her music.....i loved this before sassy girl was made..)

I've watched Windstruck but didn't think its good enough compared to sassy girl and was only trying to ride on the sassy girl fame.
If you loved sassy girl.....you all have to watch "il mare" which also stars our lovable sassy girl..

well i still can't believe that hollywood bought the rights to sassy girl and il mare (two of my favourite films)...THEY ARE SO GOING TO RUIN IT...!! DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!!

wwu_1

Post by wwu_1 » May 4th, '05, 08:03

I voted "Both Good". Cause I reckon both were good in their categories.

One's humourous and the other is ... dramatic (melodramatic?)

But I enjoyed both. Can't really say which one's better than the other.

But I don't understand the link between the guy throughout MSG and the end of WS

Care to explain? :blink

choco_miruku

Post by choco_miruku » Aug 16th, '05, 14:47

Sassy Girl wins hands down, loved every second of the movie, great pace, funny yet touching. Windstruck got way too draggy towards the end.

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Aug 16th, '05, 15:30

My Sassy Girl is in a league of its own.

aznkiddo_416

Post by aznkiddo_416 » Aug 16th, '05, 22:49

my sassy girl is way better of course.. haha.. windstruck was kinda crappy but the storyline ain't that bad.. 8)

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Aug 16th, '05, 23:05

Well for me, my sassy girl owned Windstruck..well I liked windstruck, but I liked sassy girl way more

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Aug 16th, '05, 23:53

Sassy girl hands down win in comedy i think they just released Windstruck to make extra money but then again any movie of Ji Jeon Hyun is good for me :lol

Chaser

Post by Chaser » Aug 17th, '05, 03:38

No contest. My Sassy Girl.

I've only seen Windstruck once. It just doesn't strike a chord with me the say MSG does.

orian

Post by orian » Dec 26th, '05, 04:14

I voted for My Sassy girl, it will be a timeless classic over many years to come because I don' t think any film could do better than My Sassy Girl. I wish they would make a sequel because I wanted to see more of Jeon Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun those two have excellent chemistry together.

orian

Post by orian » Dec 26th, '05, 04:14

I voted for My Sassy girl, it will be a timeless classic over many years to come because I don' t think any film could do better than My Sassy Girl. I wish they would make a sequel because I wanted to see more of Jeon Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun those two have excellent chemistry together.

Last_Son

Post by Last_Son » Dec 27th, '05, 06:00

I'd have to disagree with the majority. I don't know why so many people picked Sassy girl, is it the fact you guys saw it first. Does it make a huge difference if you're korean? Is it the hype? I was actually bored most of the time. I pick Windstruck simply cause it made me cry big time. Plus Jang Hyuk is much better looking than the other big nose dude. :glare:
I'll never know. Who cares. Everyone has their tastes.

splur

Post by splur » Dec 27th, '05, 06:11

Without a doubt, My Sassy Girl. It was just good lol, everything about it. Personally, I hate chick flicks, but My Sassy Girl made it enjoyable. Windstruck was pure chick flick romantic tragedy, which made me snore.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 27th, '05, 06:17

dun get me wrong but they're both great movies. If I had to choose between them then I would hav to go wit My Sassy Girl cuz it's more of a movie that is enjoyable even after u've watched it a thousand times whereas Windstruck was more of a movie where u can watch wen u want a sad romantic storyline once in a while. My Sassy Girl was more funnier & had a happy ending ehil Windstruck was more sader & had an unexpecting ending.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Dec 27th, '05, 06:24

I liked Sassy Girl more hands down... I thot Windstruck was ok... buh it had a lot of parts that didnt seem possible... (like her falling off the building and landing on a balloon)... I know that Sassy Girl had UFOs and aliens buh it actually did something for the storyline. Windstruck seemed more corny too... especially the ending... My Sassy Girl was one of the first korean movies Ive seen and it remains one of my favourites (besides Tae Guk Ki[sp?])... ^^

shinkou

Post by shinkou » Dec 30th, '05, 04:32

I voted for My Sassy Girl because the story was clever and more realistic although, I think Windstruck's soundtrack was much better.

ahaw

Post by ahaw » Dec 30th, '05, 04:41

1 vote 4 my sassy girl......

:salut:

yakusoku92

Post by yakusoku92 » Dec 31st, '05, 00:37

i liked them both but i picked
Windstruck.. i liked the story. it was kinda like a tragic love story. i really liked sassy girl but somehow i just like windstruck more. yes i'm a bit weird

weirdo90

Post by weirdo90 » Dec 31st, '05, 22:44

my sassy girl

Hest foder

Post by Hest foder » Jan 25th, '06, 16:21

I must say.. My Sassy girl

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Jan 25th, '06, 16:31

i loved them both..i think windstruck is better though, i guess i'm just a sucker for romantic movies..

mh

Post by mh » Jan 27th, '06, 16:50

I like them both so I can't pick etiher one they have both their good and bad So I vote for "EQUALLY GOOD!"

[D-W]Katsu

Post by [D-W]Katsu » Jan 27th, '06, 17:12

i prefer My sassy girl, it's the first Korean, movie i 've seen. this movie give me the desire to see some more with Jun Ji Huyn, and other Korean movie.

chinuku

i too like

Post by chinuku » Jan 27th, '06, 17:23

hi guys,
one of my first korean movies is mysassy girl then i went through windstruck, ii mare.

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » Jan 28th, '06, 14:46

I find My Sassy Girl to be the very embodiment of a feel-good korean movie.
It has all the elements, poignant love story, an equal dose of laughter, and moments when you just reflect on your own experiences.

Windstruck, i remembered crying so much for this one.
Much more than for My Sassy Girl.

But I have to give props to My Sassy Girl, why?
Cause i've watched it 30+ times and counting, and I still never fail to laugh.
Personally one of the best movies I've watched..yet.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jan 29th, '06, 13:24

Windstruck. Won't get tired watching it because of the great OST. Love Tears! Cried buckets.

dayzi

Post by dayzi » Jan 29th, '06, 13:53

Hmm. I've watch the sassy girl and later on move to windstruck ( in which after few months it was release and it was directed by the same director). But I prefer Sassy girl since it was recommended by my friend and besides it was funnier and less emotional involvement whereas windstruck was also funny but more emotional involvement and in the end both is still good and has their own specialty javascript:emoticon(':cheers:')
cheers

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Jan 29th, '06, 14:15

my sassy girl was way better than windstruck... yup yup.

but i don't really see what's the big deal w/ MSG... i think it's a lil overrated...but then again..i am bias..since i'm not so into movies of this genre

erio

Post by erio » Feb 3rd, '06, 07:48

both are excellent! can't go wrong with either one since jun ji hyun is in it!!!

Sadden_One

Post by Sadden_One » Feb 4th, '06, 22:47

they both were good to me
i think the main reason why people voted more for my sassy girl is cuz they watched it first, so they have a different vision on windstruck
i also watched my sassy girl first, and yes it was excellent, but windstruck was as good as my sassy girl if u take the time to watch it without comparing any scenes to my sassy girl, just like if u watched windstruck first
so i voted both :D

smileyface(:

Post by smileyface(: » Feb 8th, '06, 02:49

isn't windstruck the prequel to my sassy girl or something like that?
i haven't seen my sassy girl, so i won't vote =X