Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 25th, '11, 22:01

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 25th, '11, 23:23

Oh God, YES! Very good news!

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 2nd, '11, 23:32

Episode 5 reminded me of one of my all time favorite otps: Haruhi x Kyoya.
Kyoya-sempai, why you so sexy without glasses? :wub: There was an episode in the anime where Haruhi went "commoner" shopping with Kyoya, right? I wish I could see that in live action as well...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 3rd, '11, 03:10

Episode 7 was so adorable!! :wub:
Totsugi Shigeyuki as Ranka, Haruhi's transverstite father, was awesome! I just thought his voice is too deep for an okama though, but other than that he made me laugh most of the time :lol He's such a great combination with Yamamoto Yusuke's Tamaki!

I'm amazed at how similar the comical special effects are, I didn't think they could actually do the Ranka-throw-Tamaki-to-the-wall scene in a live-action, lol!

Then, there were Tamaki-Haruhi's so sweet and adorable scenes! I love that Haruhi kept holding Tamaki's hand/arm at the supermarket. Also, the talk when Haruhi asked him what he wants to eat, and Tamaki said "O-nabe... with Mr. Prawn, Mr. Crab..."... kawaiii~~
Also the part when Tamaki accidentally pushed Haruhi down. In the manga/anime, Tamaki immediately apologized, but in this live-action, they were gazing at each other for a moment, and I like that! :thumleft:

Disappointed that there was no scene of Mori giving strawberry to Haruhi, but Kyoya accidentally rolls open the aluminium foil wrap, was cute, haha!

nell123

Post by nell123 » Sep 3rd, '11, 14:30

^ Yuup, absolutely adorable! :wub:

But at the same time I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get our OTP in the end? Tamaki&Haruhi are very cute together but not much more than that and i don't see any romantic sparks yet. With so very little episodes remaining till the end how are they going to sell the love story? :glare:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 4th, '11, 02:16

nell123 wrote:With so very little episodes remaining till the end how are they going to sell the love story? :glare:
Anoo... I hope you have read this?
yanie wrote:Ouran will get a movie sequel!^o^
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/08/ouran- ... -adaption/
But yeah, I guess even a movie can't cover much, imo :unsure:

You're right, at this stage, Tamaki/Haruhi doesn't has any romantic feelings for each other at all. Tamaki keep saying his love is a parental love and Haruhi finds him annoying. The manga took so slow in the romance dept, the first half was basically focusing on the host club's members' friendship/family bond. The live-action follows the manga so closely, that's why the romance part is going so slow as well.

They need to make a sequel series if they'd like to cover the whole manga in a good pace. But I guess it would all depend on how success the movie can be.

I don't want to see TamaHaru's relationship development being rushed, so I really hope they can make 2nd season for the drama :unsure:

nell123

Post by nell123 » Sep 4th, '11, 07:31

^Yes, I saw the announcement you posted. Thank you! :-) But considering that the movie will be out in Japan sometime in the future and who knows if (or when) I would be able to get my hands on a subbed version, I'm not very hopeful that I'll be able to see the story develop into proper romance. :cry:

I would have liked it better if we could get another season rather than a movie. A drama with 11 episodes gives more time for a relationship to develop than a hour and a half movie. But I guess it's not up to us to decide. :-)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 4th, '11, 12:41

If they want some romance in the movie they have to stray from the mangastory line. I mean it took gazillions of chapters until Tamaki even realized that his feelings for Haruhi were not that of a father and even more until Haruhi realized her feelings as well. I just wonder about the story of the movie. Will it be one storyline? Will it be the start again, for people who didn't watch the drama? Or will it follow the tv-show? Or maybe even jump in time towards the end of the manga? I'm curious about this.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 4th, '11, 15:21

According to what Haruna said, seem like the movie will be a continuation of the tv drama's plot. But there's no official statement from the production team to the media yet. I guess they're still keeping it a secret until the air of the final episode.

And if the movie is really like a sequel then I guess we can expect a cliffhanger ending for the drama^^;

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 4th, '11, 23:02

Ouran Live-Action Fans Worldwide Map!
http://bit.ly/nYxAuo

If you love this drama, please join!^o^

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 18th, '11, 22:22

Can't believe it's almost over. Every episode just seems even better than the last one. Even though it is so similar to the manga, I love those little touches they add so that the drama version really stands on its own. The love of detail in every scene is just amazing. I often have to watch several times to see what's going on in the background and what each of the Host Club members is doing. Why does it have to end? ;_; It's just too good. I'm happy there is a movie but I'd love a second season.

Haruhiiii!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 20th, '11, 02:23

Episode 9 rating -> 4.0%

Highest rating for FRIDAY BREAK SLOT (Friday 24:20) so far! (highest before was 3.6% which was "ShimaShima" Ep2)

If the final ep reach 5%, I hope they'd consider for a "Season 2" in golden timeslot XD But if it move to golden slot, Yusuke said the title has to be changed to "Ouran High School Fun Hour", lol.
(the reason why the live-action is made a midnight drama was becoz of the 'Host Club' title)

r1ck

Post by r1ck » Sep 20th, '11, 02:51

yeah 1 season isn't enough.
yanie wrote: (the reason why the live-action is made a midnight drama was becoz of the 'Host Club' title)
oh that's why, but that's impact for their rating.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Sep 20th, '11, 15:51

yanie wrote: Episode 9 rating -> 4.0%

Highest rating for FRIDAY BREAK SLOT (Friday 24:20) so far! (highest before was 3.6% which was "ShimaShima" Ep2)
Congratulations, Ouran team! :cheers:
yanie wrote: If the final ep reach 5%, I hope they'd consider for a "Season 2" in golden timeslot XD But if it move to golden slot, Yusuke said the title has to be changed to "Ouran High School Fun Hour", lol.
(the reason why the live-action is made a midnight drama was becoz of the 'Host Club' title)

I have absolutely no idea what is it about host clubs that is so inappropriate, considering how many of those they have in Japan, but I bet TV executives and producers are pulling their hair out of frustration. If this aired in a normal time slot, they'd have a ratings monster with more air time to sell for CMs than a night drama. I sooo wish we could get a normal S2 instead of a movie. ... I know it's impossible in the near future and that I should be happy with the little they give us but one can still dream ... :cry:

GolfDude

Post by GolfDude » Sep 24th, '11, 22:55

whats odd is that they are airing the final episode outside of its timeslot next week (12:45 am)

that cant be good...

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 25th, '11, 01:04

Hahaha, what is it with Kyoya and Honey-sempai perving around all through episode 9... So cute!
I can't believe it's almost over. Of course there's gonna be the movie, but I doubt it's gonna be out very soon. I was so sure I wouldn't like this at all, but it managed to be very anime-like and good.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Sep 25th, '11, 01:25

I'm gonna make a really scary confession:

I don't read any manga. Ever. I read a few volumes of Astro Boy some years back, but that's it. Same goes for anime (except Studio Ghibli). OK. I know - I'm a freak.

There's something I've always wondered about. It seems like things follow a natural progression. First comes the hit manga. Then perhaps an anime. Then a highly anticipated dorama, followed by possible sequels, specials and movies.

Is a big part of the appeal of manga-based doramas seeing your favourite manga go live action? Anticipating who's going to play the parts and commenting on how the producers have departed from the original? For someone like me, who hasn't read the manga (and won't - don't kill me, now), would the experience of watching, in all honesty, be a lesser one?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 25th, '11, 08:41

rootabega wrote:For someone like me, who hasn't read the manga (and won't - don't kill me, now), would the experience of watching, in all honesty, be a lesser one?
That's an interesting question... I watched the anime first 4 yrs ago, and then the live action, not the other way around, so I won't know the answer to that.

I didn't expect for Ouran to be made into live action, not to mention the manga author herself was determined before, not to give any copyrights at all for Ouran to be made into a live action, bcoz she has principals that Ouran is definitely not for live-action. (she has rejected TBS once long ago, but TBS was very dilligent in trying to persuade her and finally change the way she think, she posted a long entry about this in her blog)

And to tell you the truth, I didn't had much expectation on the live-action. But it really has surpassed my expectation, to the extent that I become miraculously addicted to it.

In my case, 4 years ago, I liked the anime... but totally not addicted to it. I've watched it once. That's it. But the 1st episode of the live-action, made me want to rewatch the anime, and before I know it, I was reading the manga as well, and I've repeated each episode of the anime at least, 3 times. The LIVE ACTION made me addicted to Ouran!

So based on my experience, if you yourself don't like manga and/or anime much, then I don't think you're losing anything. As long as you're enjoying the live-action drama, then just watching the drama is enough :-) The production team has done a good job in making a compact version of Ouran without leaving the important details, so far, imo. (except for the Karuizawa ep though :cry:)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 25th, '11, 08:51

May I? I didn't read the manga, I didn't watch the anime, but I enjoy the surreality and comic-ness of this series. It's the best anti-stress 20 minutes. Pure entertainment. If someone doesn't mind anime characters that came to life^^ because Tamaki is supr hyper ADHD kid.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 25th, '11, 09:03

Ethlenn wrote:May I? I didn't read the manga, I didn't watch the anime, but I enjoy the surreality and comic-ness of this series. It's the best anti-stress 20 minutes. Pure entertainment.
Yay!
Ethlenn wrote:If someone doesn't mind anime characters that came to life^^ because Tamaki is supr hyper ADHD kid.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder? Image OMG! So it's a disorder!!! That's why!! Image

GolfDude

Post by GolfDude » Sep 25th, '11, 11:41

the movie is due out in March.. but really? they have to end the live action show the same way as the anime? ppl are gonna want a season 2 after hte movie.. and liek the anime, its gonna be dam nnear impossible for it to happen at this rate despite its awesome ratings the live action has been getting...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 25th, '11, 11:52

Different situations...

When the anime ended, the manga was still written halfway.

This time, they have the whole complete manga story to be materialized. So I'd say the live-action has better chances for a 2nd season. They just need awesome and dedicated fans who can push the products, soundtrack cd and DVD's sales high up and make them best-sellers and for the movie to hit #1 box-office.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 25th, '11, 13:25

I don't think it matters whether you've read the manga or seen the anime. Most live action is done so that it works well as an individual piece. I personally think it's pretty fun to see drawn characters come to life, but most of the time the original (manga/anime) is still the best for me. So you don't need to know the original to enjoy live action, but imho you're missing out on the best version of the story.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Sep 27th, '11, 02:46

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful (and fun) responses.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Sep 27th, '11, 02:50

Double post.
Last edited by rootabega on Sep 27th, '11, 04:29, edited 2 times in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 27th, '11, 04:16

I kind of wonder if Wentz Eiji might have a better choice for Tamaki? From the story he seems to be mix of European and Japanese. I'm sure he could pull off wacky characters.

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Oct 3rd, '11, 18:22

Just finished the last episode, oh Tamaki, why are you so over the top. XD I don't have much to say except that I like the ending. :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 25th, '11, 07:12

News of the movie...

In case, anyone didn't know yet. News for guest in the movie.

As reported previously, the TBS drama “Oura High School Host Club” which was aired in this summer will get movie adaptation starring Kawaguchi Haruna and Yamamoto Yusuke, and today on October 16th, it was announced that AKB48 member, Shinoda Mariko will make an appearance in the movie as a spoiled daughter of a rich family.

“Ouran High School Host Club”, which is based off the original anime of the same title, is a romantic comedy centered around the popular host club of the prestigious ‘Ouran High School’, where the female student Haruhi (Kawaguchi) has to disguise herself as a male host, and the movie will show “Haruhi” and the host club’s president, Tamaki (Yamamoto) get into a closer relationship. Shinoda’s role will be an international student from Singapore, Michelle, and she will cut in between Haruhi and Tamaki for some kind of plot.

Though Shinoda’s trademark is her short hair, she will appear in long hair by wearing hair extension in the movie. She said bashfully about the long hair, “I look somehow mature. It’s been three years since I last had a long hair, so it feels uncomfortable.” Also Shinoda’s role “Michelle” is set as half Singaporean, half Japanese, so there are scenes that Shinoda speaks English. ”It’s hard. I memorized the lines by reciting them like a charm, but I’m really enjoying the filming. I always burst out laughing with the co-stars.” Shinoda said with a smile.

Upcoming movie “Ouran High School Host Club” is scheduled to be released on March 17th 2012.

source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/10/shinod ... ub-movie/x

More pics:

Also new pictures from the movie. One of my FAVORITE COSPLAY from the manga makes it's way to the live action! Yippiiiee!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 28th, '11, 10:18

I never though I would use this drama as the teaching tool. Yet, during our upcoming classes today we are going to talk about "host clubs" in Japan, and this situation almost begs for giving the first episode.
I'm not sure if I don't damage students' sanity with that. :unsure:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 14th, '11, 00:42

MOVIE's Official Trailer:

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Nov 14th, '11, 00:44

Oooh trailer!

IS this a TV movie or a cinema release? It looks exactly the same as the show? O_o

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 14th, '11, 01:46

It's a cinema release. Which part's the same with the TV show? The cosplay this time is definitely something we haven't seen before, that I can tell.

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Nov 14th, '11, 03:29

The cinematography, directing style, music, and level of costume/production design I mean is on the same level as the drama.

I'm not expecting Pirates of the Carribean or Chicago talent level of epicness of course, but daaamn I'm not sure if that'd get good Box Office :\ Wasn't most of the ratings from the show through recorded TV and internet downloads?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 14th, '11, 04:10

moustachegai wrote:The cinematography, directing style, music, and level of costume/production design I mean is on the same level as the drama.
LOL, that's true, I can't deny that.

But they just finished shooting the movie a few days ago, so let's just hope this trailer is still the RAW version, maybe we haven't seen the best previews yet...

Hope so... :unsure:

Still... that AKB gal really doesn't look like a rich lady at all....

polkadots

Post by polkadots » Nov 15th, '11, 06:06

moustachegai wrote: Wasn't most of the ratings from the show through recorded TV and internet downloads?
but the original broadcast time was midnight something so it should make sense? I dunno.
anyhow it will focus on haruhi's feelings toward tamaki huh?

i'm in for kyoya anyway :whistling:

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Nov 22nd, '11, 07:44

Haruhi is not Horikita Maki , right ?

Why is it writen on cast that Horikita Maki play role as Haruhi ?

CMIIW ><

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Nov 22nd, '11, 23:30

?? Horikita Maki isn't, where is this written?

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Nov 23rd, '11, 13:44

moustachegai wrote:?? Horikita Maki isn't, where is this written?
taurianangel wrote:well there have been rumours goin on bout a ouran live action so i jus wanted to confirm if it was true or not..are there any official sites claiming that it is?? or is there any news bout it...a site had given this info on the cast:-
Haruhi - Horikita Maki
Tamaki - Yamamoto Yusuke
or am I wrong ? :unsure:

btw just watch this dorama till end.
overall, it is a good dorama.
But Kawaguchi Haruna is kawaii in short hair. :wub:
Not really like when she was long hair :-(

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 23rd, '11, 13:50

That post is a few years old. As is this thread. These were rumours long before the live action actually happened. The title of the thread is also wrong. :blink

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Nov 23rd, '11, 13:53

MaiKitty wrote:That post is a few years old. As is this thread. These were rumours long before the live action actually happened. The title of the thread is also wrong. :blink
oh I see.
sorry then didn't read it well :cry:

Perzona

Ouran Host Club movie subs?

Post by Perzona » Sep 4th, '12, 16:49

Hi everyone. I loved the TV show and can't seem the find the movie subbed anywhere.

Is there any word on this??

Thanks

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Nov 8th, '12, 07:20

Did someone here on d addicts posted the movie download of Ouran? I can't seemed to find it. :( Could anyone post the link? Thanks! :D

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Nov 16th, '12, 17:44

ilovejdramas wrote:Did someone here on d addicts posted the movie download of Ouran? I can't seemed to find it. :( Could anyone post the link? Thanks! :D
Movies/films are not allowed to be posted in DA.

I'm looking for the movie too. :( DVD has been released since 10 Oct but haven't manage to find a place to download. I find that rather surprising since I thought Ouran is pretty popular.

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Nov 18th, '12, 07:49

Movies/films are not allowed to be posted in DA.
Oh, I see. That's why. Thanks for telling me. :)
I'm looking for the movie too. :( DVD has been released since 10 Oct but haven't manage to find a place to download. I find that rather surprising since I thought Ouran is pretty popular.
Until now, I still haven't find a download link for Ouran. :(

Mallora

Post by Mallora » Jun 23rd, '13, 22:00

I have no idea whether anyone is still looking for the movie, but I can help there. Since I'm not allowed to post links, etc., PM me for information! I haven't downloaded it yet, but I trust this site to supply good stuff, and it even has subtitles!

My lateness is due to the fact that I didn't trust this drama to live up to the manga/anime that I loved, until my sister assured me that it was, in fact, really good! Watched it one night, then hopped on here~

X Mallora