Sport JDramas!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
RedLink

Sport JDramas!

Post by RedLink » May 9th, '05, 23:42

Hi, I'm new here. Anyway, I really like Japanese sport dramas anyone got a good serie to suggest? I've seen H2 and I'm currently watching Attack No.1! Thanks <3

discotea30

Post by discotea30 » May 10th, '05, 01:47

Try Pride if your into hockey.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » May 10th, '05, 01:51

I'd recommend Water Boys :lol It's one of my favs., the drama is about synchronize swimming. It is funny, sweet, heart-warming, and full of action... a very nice drama all around :D I'm sure you will fall in love with the boys.

azn_wrx

Post by azn_wrx » May 10th, '05, 01:56

H2 is really good. Cant wait to see more sport drama's

Ace wo Nerae is a tennis drama thats kinda cheezy but is still enertaining with Aya Ueto.
J-tv

groink

Post by groink » May 10th, '05, 02:02

Seeing I'm a golf fanatic, I'm waiting for a drama that's linked to golf.

--- groink

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » May 10th, '05, 04:37

groink wrote:Seeing I'm a golf fanatic, I'm waiting for a drama that's linked to golf.

--- groink
That would be great! :D

sikexl

Post by sikexl » May 10th, '05, 05:46

discotea30 wrote:Try Pride if your into hockey.
Still good even if hockey isn't your thing. If you like it, it just makes the series that much better.

The only other sports related series I've seen was part of Water Boys which I didn't like much.

Also, I forgot about when I posted this, To Heart. Not that great but it involves some boxing...worth watching but not if you are into something elese already,
Last edited by sikexl on May 10th, '05, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

RedLink

Thanks, guys!

Post by RedLink » May 10th, '05, 11:32

I'm actually downloading Water Boys, and I love Hockey so I'm really looking forward to that one. ありがと!!!

I think I've seen a poster from "Ace wo Nerae", I'm going to try to see if I can find it. ohh, yea. Anyone know about the real action movie based upon Initial D? (a little of topic ;D)

sikexl

Re: Thanks, guys!

Post by sikexl » May 11th, '05, 05:07

RedLink wrote: ohh, yea. Anyone know about the real action movie based upon Initial D? (a little of topic ;D)
It stars Jay Chow as Takumi, Edison Chen as Ryosuke, Chapman To as Itsuki, Anthony Wong as Bunta, Jordan Chan as Sudo Kyouchi, and thats all I can remember....probally spelt some of those names wrong as well. Its being filmed in Japan and the budget was 13 million if I remeber correctly.

RedLink

!! Pride !! ^_^

Post by RedLink » May 12th, '05, 19:45

I've watched the first ep pride and it looks good, exept the quality of the sub. It's so bad, anyone know where I can get Pride raw? ^_^

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » May 12th, '05, 20:00

groink

Re: !! Pride !! ^_^

Post by groink » May 12th, '05, 20:05

RedLink wrote:I've watched the first ep pride and it looks good, exept the quality of the sub. It's so bad, anyone know where I can get Pride raw? ^_^
Yes... Buy the DVD. JTV bought the DVD.

--- groink

mikomi

Post by mikomi » May 12th, '05, 20:05

Another sport-related dorama is Golden Bowl. This drama deals with bowling :P So if you're a fan of this sport, I bet you'll enjoy it. Even if you aren't, there're always the lovely cast to look forward too, lol :lol .

RedLink

Post by RedLink » May 13th, '05, 10:26

I watch first buy then buy. ^_^ It's like a golden rule, since I don't want to buy something I don't like.

Mattman

Post by Mattman » May 13th, '05, 22:33

so, apart from to heart, is there any other drama that includes some martial arts (in a training/sports way)? doesn't have to be japanese, but preferably includes some aikido (i like aikido :D)

Ashtaway

Post by Ashtaway » May 13th, '05, 22:37

hey mattman, i think some of the best dramas that have martial arts are in chinese and HK dramas. They arent really the common "forms" like aikido or what now, but they are cool. Try The Proud Twins or Twin of Brothers.

RedLink

Post by RedLink » May 13th, '05, 23:12

hmm, I think that the sub I'm using is translated from Chinease. The thing that's so darn bad is the fact that they use "Him" when they are speaking about girls :D

homi toshiaki

Post by homi toshiaki » Jun 24th, '05, 13:35

hi'

i new here can anyone tell me what can i get the link to download the following j-drama now i looking for. :cry:

1.) ace wo nerae
2.)Attack No. 1

:P :P

RedLink

Post by RedLink » Jun 24th, '05, 19:04

homi toshiaki wrote:hi'

i new here can anyone tell me what can i get the link to download the following j-drama now i looking for. :cry:

1.) ace wo nerae
2.)Attack No. 1

:P :P
If you find somewhere to download ace wo nerae please post it in this thread :D

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jun 25th, '05, 19:58

There's a new sports drama coming out this summer called "Ganbatte Ikkimasshou" with Suzuki anne and Uchi Hiroki. I think it has to do with the crew team and is kind of like the female spoof of "water boys"

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 30th, '05, 02:02

apparently, i wasn't paying too much attention to this thread. i was just giving it some thought, and it occured to me that i don't see asian dramas about golf.
groink wrote:Seeing I'm a golf fanatic, I'm waiting for a drama that's linked to golf.
very interesting. i see dramas about baseball (h2), hockey (pride), swimming (waterboys), tennis (ace wo nerae), basketball (my mvp valentine), and even volleyball (i think attack #1??).

but some of asia's most popular sports are not covered: golf and soccer. at least i can't think of one that comes to mind. it was just quite mind-numbing.

groink

Post by groink » Jun 30th, '05, 02:11

jholic wrote:but some of asia's most popular sports are not covered: golf and soccer. at least i can't think of one that comes to mind. it was just quite mind-numbing.
Man, you should see Maruyama Shigeki's wife. I can't seem to find any photos of her on-line, but I met her in person at the SONY Open in Hawaii when Maruyama-san was in the field. She's soooooooo beautiful! She could probably be part of the cast in one of those golf dramas.

--- groink

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jun 30th, '05, 02:20

jholic wrote: but some of asia's most popular sports are not covered: golf and soccer. at least i can't think of one that comes to mind. it was just quite mind-numbing.
Well, actually, there is a HK drama about soccer called Kung Fu Soccer. It has Dicky Cheung in it, but I must say, it must be one of the lamest dramas ever made :lol . It's pretty entertaining though, so if you like soccer and don't mind some stupid jokes, check it out.

apples

Post by apples » Jul 15th, '05, 12:07

Definitely PRIDE and H2. :wub: I can watch h2 episodes over and over again.. and it would still be as funny, sad or sweet the first time i saw it.

vis

Post by vis » Aug 1st, '05, 14:26

I really liked Pride XD But Ace wo Nerae seems awesome too! Thing is I've only been able to find 2 eps of it >_____< *gahhh! Wanna watch more!* So if anyone knows where to get Ace wo Nerae (even if it's raw and I won't understand a thing) plz let me know! I'll be hunting for it :) *thanx~~

miaceres

Post by miaceres » Aug 10th, '05, 03:00

I can't believe that nobody suggested Engine to you.
Car racing is a sport but now that I think about it, it centers more around something else a bit more then car racing but it is stil mentioned a lot. I just think you should see it and judge for yourself ^__^

Lia-D

Kendo dorama?

Post by Lia-D » Aug 23rd, '05, 19:29

Hi,
I hope that I'm posting in the right place, please don't kill me if I'm wrong...

I've just searched for a dorama about kendo and couldn't find one! I wonder if there really aren't any kendo doramas? Or have I missed something? If they make doramas about tennis, baseball or volleyball, kendo shouldn't be missing on the list!

I'd really appreciate if someone could point me to a dorama (or a movie or anime/manga series or anything) about kendo... Thank you!

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Aug 23rd, '05, 19:35

Well from all the doramas I have seen, only drama that has a mention of kendo is a chinese drama called Love Contract.That's the only drama I know of having some emphasis on Kendo by one of the main chara's.Aside from that donn think I can recall any other kdrama or jdrama that has kendo as one of the main focus

Lia-D

Post by Lia-D » Aug 23rd, '05, 21:28

Oh... :(

Thank you!

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Aug 23rd, '05, 23:33

Matsuura Aya's drama Aijou Ippon! from last year is about kendo. It's pretty mediocre though..

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Aug 23rd, '05, 23:43

doink-chan wrote:Matsuura Aya's drama Aijou Ippon! from last year is about kendo. It's pretty mediocre though..
hmm..well I only saw like 1 ep of Aijou ippon and wasen't it Judo instead of kendo :unsure: maybe later eps had them using swords, i donn know

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Aug 24th, '05, 02:28

doh, I thought it was about kendo...I guess I misremembered.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 24th, '05, 08:34

we have a 'sport jdrama' thread. i'll merge this with that.

Lia-D

Post by Lia-D » Aug 24th, '05, 10:23

Yeah, I've looked it up and it's about judo... :(

k2sky

Post by k2sky » Aug 24th, '05, 20:11

blackstarjr wrote:Well from all the doramas I have seen, only drama that has a mention of kendo is a chinese drama called Love Contract.That's the only drama I know of having some emphasis on Kendo by one of the main chara's.Aside from that donn think I can recall any other kdrama or jdrama that has kendo as one of the main focus
Hmm... that's too bad, a drama focusing on kendo would be quite interesting to me. I enjoy watching sports training and the like haha :D

beer

Post by beer » Aug 24th, '05, 20:55

Golden Bowl, if you think bowling is a sport.
Food Fight, if you think eating more & quicker is a sport. It's also the top contender for wors jdrama ever.
Actually Shota no Sushi comes to my mind, though making better sushi is a different kind of competition.

I also want to be notified as soon as Ace wo Nerae pops up somewhere. :D JTV is apparently stuck with the drama while ILA is stuck with the anime. :cry:

BTW: while I didn't really believe it until I experienced it myself - it appears sports anime is highly addictive. :D I guess that's why H2 and Ace wo Nerae are as popular as they are.

imaretard

Post by imaretard » Oct 8th, '06, 03:39

yess attack no.1 rocks

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 14th, '06, 01:32

moving into jdrama discussions

edongs

Post by edongs » Oct 21st, '06, 10:52

i like H2 and Attack NO.1!!!

a-chan8269

Post by a-chan8269 » Oct 21st, '06, 18:02

beer wrote:Golden Bowl, if you think bowling is a sport..
Yes it has the great Takeshi Kaneshiro in it :wub:

I also recommended: Pride and Engine (both Takuya Kimura's drama). First one is about Hockey, second about F3000.

JokerCard

Post by JokerCard » Nov 11th, '06, 05:05

edongs wrote:i like H2 and Attack NO.1!!!
attack no.1 good.... :cheers:
H2 after this i watch...
not finish download... :mrgreen:

JokerCard

Post by JokerCard » Nov 11th, '06, 05:06

where can i download ACE o nerae...
long time i want see this drama... :scratch:

Mamoru24

Aijou ippon

Post by Mamoru24 » Nov 11th, '06, 05:15

where i can find aijou ippon drama tel me please :O

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Nov 11th, '06, 14:10

I think H2 and Pride are the best sports drama around.

Ace wo Nerae is good too. I love the OST of this drama.
JokerCard wrote:where can i download ACE o nerae...
You can get it here.

66jzmstr

Post by 66jzmstr » Nov 12th, '06, 01:49

My wife would get self-conscious after I chuckled at the bad tennis when she was watching "Ace wo Nerae." :)

So Japan hasn't done any snowboarding drama/comedy yet? It's still popular and trendy over there, so I'm a bit surprised it hasn't made it's way to a TV series. I had an episode of ロンドンブーツ with some snowboarding nampa in it, which was pretty unique, but that hardly counts.

shinorei

Post by shinorei » Nov 12th, '06, 19:27

Water Boys & Water Boys 2 are highly recommended. I'm impressed by their determination to get their synchronised swimming right & known. Not only girls get do synchronised swimming yeah! Or is it water ballet? o.o Oh well.. Sports dramas are nice ... depending on which sports it is, ne? Appeals to others differently.

P/S: Thanks for all your recommendation. I watched Ace no Nerae.. ahh, it's yeah... cheesy. XD

JokerCard

Post by JokerCard » Nov 13th, '06, 01:52

expanzee wrote:I think H2 and Pride are the best sports drama around.

Ace wo Nerae is good too. I love the OST of this drama.
JokerCard wrote:where can i download ACE o nerae...
You can get it here.
thank for ur information...

btw...
where can i get drama Teru Teru Kazoku..
someone have or know where to download..
please tell me...

thank in advance.. :w00t:

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Nov 13th, '06, 04:05

mikomi wrote:I'd recommend Water Boys :lol It's one of my favs., the drama is about synchronize swimming. It is funny, sweet, heart-warming, and full of action... a very nice drama all around :D I'm sure you will fall in love with the boys.
Water Boys FTW!

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Nov 13th, '06, 06:32

Waterboys, both, is recomendable ... Seeing from the many positive reviews. But I personally don't find it interesting. Never finish the 1 season and the 2nd one, I barely finished it ... Thanks to my love for Satomichan >_< The movie is good though (",)

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 14th, '06, 02:06

If you like boxing, I really recommend Nagura Onna. It's one of my favorites and it's about a girl (Wakui Emi) who learns to be a boxing coach after she is laid off from an office lady job.

Another one is To Heart Koi ni Shinitai which stars Fukada Kyoko and Domoto Tsuyoshi. It's about boxing too, but not as good as Nagura Onna.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 23rd, '07, 13:10

mikomi wrote:
jholic wrote: but some of asia's most popular sports are not covered: golf and soccer. at least i can't think of one that comes to mind. it was just quite mind-numbing.
Well, actually, there is a HK drama about soccer called Kung Fu Soccer. It has Dicky Cheung in it, but I must say, it must be one of the lamest dramas ever made :lol . It's pretty entertaining though, so if you like soccer and don't mind some stupid jokes, check it out.
i know this is rather long after this was posted and its not evena jdrama but where can I find this drama