Amazon.co.jp possible to log in and buy with Amazon.com?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Amazon.co.jp possible to log in and buy with Amazon.com?

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 27th, '11, 15:10

I'm interested in buying the following piano scores book with Nakajima Miyuki's songs, but I do not know Japanese (very little).
Looking at the top right you got the link "Click here to see in English"
I'm wondering if it's possible to log with your Amazon.com account and place an order, or do you have to register a new account at Amazon.co.jp?
I have looked at YesAsia and CDJapan and none of them has this book what I can see.

ISBN: 978-4401024186

cocomonk22

Post by cocomonk22 » Mar 14th, '11, 10:33

Can't remember, but easiest way is to try to login to amazon.co.jp using your amazon.com information. If it doesn't work, you will have to create a new account for that site. Also, some sellers may not handle international shipping.

Kumakun

Amazon.co.jp

Post by Kumakun » Apr 8th, '11, 19:53

Amazon.co.jp offers both Japanese and English versions. You'll need to set about an account there which basically no different from setting one up with Amazon.com. Be advised that some items cannot be shipped directly to the USA. The way around this, which I strongly recommend, is www.tenso.com, which also offers both Japanese and English versions. There's no cost to set up an account, which provides you with a Tokyo, Shinagawa address. You can make your purchases from www.amazon.co.jp, http://www.rakuten.co.jp/, etc, have them shipped to your Tenso.com address in Tokyo, and Tenso will forward them to you. They will even combine your purchases into a singtle shipment, and accept Paypal.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Apr 8th, '11, 20:15

Did anyone have some some experience with http://www.kinokuniya.com/ ?

I know www.yesasia.com but the are sometimes expensive.

edit: your wanted book at yesasia:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/gakufu-na ... /info.html

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 8th, '11, 21:04

k361 wrote:edit: your wanted book at yesasia:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/gakufu-na ... /info.html
Thank you so much for that! :)

Kumakun

Kinokuniya

Post by Kumakun » Apr 9th, '11, 00:34

Kinokunia ia highly reputable book seller with branches all over the world. There's a large branch facing Bryant Park on 6th Avenue in Manhattan. I've ordered from them many times and never have had a problem. I recommend getting the ISBN number to search on their website.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Kinokuniya

Post by k361 » Apr 9th, '11, 19:11

Kumakun wrote:Kinokunia ia highly reputable book seller with branches all over the world.
I miss an europe sale point. :(

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Jul 7th, '13, 04:13

I wish we'd get a Kinokuniya in my country. The nearest one I know is Bangkok and Singapore.
Thanks for the info about Tenso. Now that gave me a lot of ideas on online shopping :D

tuku99

Shopping, From Japan, online,while NOT in Japan... tabun...

Post by tuku99 » Jan 17th, '14, 05:51

Yes, loads of things are available at Amazon.co.jp, but the deliver to usually only Japanese addresses.

Well, most of the vendors. I found some things, from Amazon and other Japanese vendors, but most will only deal with a Japanese address, OR if you go to their physical shop, or send to an Japanese address.

My last 2 times in Japan, I did this.

For the Danbo san robots, I had my buddy front the CC bill and, he sent it to his work; when they came, I picked them up and paid him the Yen

For a buddy that wanted a Yonex Bag that was NOT sold outside Japan, which he discovered on the web, he pestered me to get it for him. My buddy helped to call the number for the sports shop in a suburb of Osaka and FAR off the beaten track, but a great little neighborhood; tho owner had reserved it for me. I took the metro while I was in Osaka, it was about 90 minutes with 1 transfrer to get there. A part timer was working who didn't know I was coming, and didn't have the "sale price" I asked for. He was a NEW part timer too! Somehow, after hanging out for an hour in the really small shop, the owner showed and had "laid away" my order, so I got the pricing wanted, all the while Whatsapping to my little buddy in the states afraid that the Prized bag was going to escape him. He greatly prizes the bag today for it's uniqueness and quality, not seen with the usual Yonex bags exported to us...

For a camera Lens, NEW! that was $100 Cheaper than a refurbished Lens, from a Camera Vendor in Japan. My buddy bought it online, shipped to his house. When he came back to the states, he shipped it USPS to me, I sent him a check.

We have Kinokuniya here. They had a good selection of Anime goods, like "cels" back in the day, also their Pen and Pencil selections are not to be sneezed at!

:fear: :fear: :fear:

JackBauer2424

Re: Amazon.co.jp possible to log in and buy with Amazon.com?

Post by JackBauer2424 » Nov 12th, '16, 11:30

Needs separate amazon jp account (can't use same amazon.com account).

I successfully bought an amazon jp gift card without reading much Japanese, but was not able to use it to buy Japanese digital music MP3's since they still require a credit card with Japan mailing address. I ended up buying used CD singles and regular CDs instead.