Dramas released by furransu

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
xEyelessx

Dramas released by furransu

Post by xEyelessx » May 23rd, '13, 16:59

Hey guys. I picked some dramas to watch this season and they were being released by furransu when suddenly they stopped being released. I do not know him or have even talked to him and I'm not sure if he gave out this information (though it is in a link in his uploads) but he is releasing his dramas here now: http://jdramacity.blogspot.com.

If like me you were depending on his RAW's I hope this helps. Of course I will keep preferring D-Addicts, but there are just no more releases of some of these dramas here.

P.S: Oh god please tell me if I did something wrong here, this is my first topic and I just wanted to help people, as I've seen some asking for the new episodes, just as I was.

koreandramafan

Post by koreandramafan » May 27th, '13, 03:00

oh, dear, oh dear .......... :cry: was wondering if i should download the smallest Galileo 2 files and if they sync with the 848x480 x264 subs :cry: there goes the rest of my downloads of Take 5, Kakushou, Kamo, Kyoto e Iku, Kumo no Kaidan and Doubles dramas, i guess :cry: :cry: :cry:

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Jul 4th, '13, 18:44

Does anyone know the reason behind this move?

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Jul 4th, '13, 19:47

For some bizarre reason, Furansu always requires that someone out there spend a tremendous amount of effort creating English subtitles, even though the vast, vast majority of Dorama fans don't need or want English subtitles (D-Addicts gives the opposite impression only because it is an English language WWW site). I suggest looking on the generic torrent WWW sites for the corresponding Dorama without subtitles, or downloading the Chinese-Japanese subtitled version. Also searching for the Chinese name of the Dorama or looking on the usual Korean WWW sites can be effective. People are posting these torrents, but often they don't appear on D-Addicts, which tends to be English-centric.

ina

Post by ina » Jul 4th, '13, 20:36

I don't find it a bizarre reason. As far as I know furansu depends on English subtitles. Why should he/she make the effort to upload dramas he/she can't even understand?

And do you have a source for your take on how many people needing the subtitles? It's my impression that people needing subtitles are the ones making posts and being active on this site

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jul 4th, '13, 22:27

kotsukotsu:
D-Addicts owes you exactly nothing.
Buzz off to one of the many sites you can DL doramas without the subs.

fellow D-Addicts:
Having said that, furransu is taking advantage of D-Addicts by uploading one or two "teaser" episodes of several doramas and then cutting off the supply, thereby funnelling traffic to his website, which I sincerely wish folks would stop advertising here. He doesn't seem to have a problem uploading doramas without subs if he can hitch a ride off D-Addicts' relative popularity. There are other dorama uploaders besides furransu, thankfully.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 5th, '13, 02:34

ina wrote:And do you have a source for your take on how many people needing the subtitles? It's my impression that people needing subtitles are the ones making posts and being active on this site
As of today D-Addicts have 290826 registered users.
Plus, add all the unregistered users which download subtitles.
Minus, inactive users/accounts. If I'm not mistaken inactive accounts (if a user hasn't logged into thier acccount) is deleted after a certain time.

You also can see how many downloads subtitles for dramas on the forum, but those numbers varies greatly from drama to drama, depending on how popular they are.

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Jul 5th, '13, 03:39

rootabega wrote:fellow D-Addicts:
Having said that, furransu is taking advantage of D-Addicts by uploading one or two "teaser" episodes of several doramas and then cutting off the supply, thereby funnelling traffic to his website, which I sincerely wish folks would stop advertising here. He doesn't seem to have a problem uploading doramas without subs if he can hitch a ride off D-Addicts' relative popularity. There are other dorama uploaders besides furransu, thankfully.
No, I dont think furransu is taking advantage of DA. He's been posting his torrents here for a darn long time, before he moved over to his own site. And that was only after the chinese tracker websites were shut down temporarily or something because the government was involved. Something like that. Not too sure of the details. And he hasnt posted anything else since. Not that I've seen, anyway. I reckon DA's pretty well-known for whoever downloads Asian dramas, so if one day, were there to be a crackdown on DA, I wouldnt be surprised at all. All I can guess is that he's one of the major 'suppliers' here, so there's a possibility that he might be tracked down. Before that happened, he moved over to his own site. Is that so bad?

Or is it so bad because he's now using adfly for his links? Cant fault him for wanting that bit of cash though. At least we're not the ones paying ourselves. I dont know how he does it, but damn, he seems to have a whole lot of free time downloading and uploading all the various dramas. And he's not just active in dramas, he handles even the movies on asiatorrents. Really gotta give it to him.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jul 5th, '13, 04:17

Thanks for your post, kangxy67. You've definitely given me some pause. There's no doubt furransu's been a "major supplier" in the past. I actually went through the torrents to see just how much he contributed - a great deal, though it is ironic that the only raws I ever DL'd off him all that time were for "Soredemo Ikite Yuku" (great show). Despite this, he also has a long history of UL'ing one or two eps and then someone else taking over in the same res. "Atami no Sousakan", my favourite dorama of all time, is but one example. (I prefer the lower res, for the record, so I'm grateful to whoever does it.)
There are a couple of things that don't quite add up for me:
1. I just find it strange he made such an issue of "no eng subs, no raws", withholding them on D-Addicts, and then merrily UL'ing the same raws on his own site. :scratch:;
2. I find it even stranger that a new thread is started up in which the OP, despite the bafflegab and "oh, sorrys" and whatever-happened-to-furransu's awesome raws that just disappeared on me (present tense implied), says here's a nice big, obvious link to his website. "Oops, my baad". Oh, come on now. :rofl:
I think it's just awesome furransu's taken his show on the road to keep the heat off of D-Addicts. However, he's not the only "major supplier" around here. Far from it. Rhetorically speaking, should the remaining "big Ul'ers", in a bid to protect D-Addicts from unwanted attention, start cutting off their raws (throwing in an ultimatum for good measure) after an ep or two, and keep on UL'ing on their personal websites? For purely selfless reasons, of course. :D

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Jul 5th, '13, 05:16

rootabega wrote: 1. I just find it strange he made such an issue of "no eng subs, no raws", withholding them on D-Addicts, and then merrily UL'ing the same raws on his own site. :scratch:;
Actually, no. He still has that notice up on on his site, in the individual drama posts themselves. Then again, it's not too hard or time consuming to create a torrent once you have a file.
rootabega wrote:I think it's just awesome furransu's taken his show on the road to keep the heat off of D-Addicts. However, he's not the only "major supplier" around here. Far from it. Rhetorically speaking, should the remaining "big Ul'ers", in a bid to protect D-Addicts from unwanted attention, start cutting off their raws (throwing in an ultimatum for good measure) after an ep or two, and keep on UL'ing on their personal websites? For purely selfless reasons, of course. :D
All the major uploaders seem to have their own specialization: resolutions. :P He'd be the main one for his own resolution anyway. They totally could, but that'd be the start of the downfall of DA, maybe. Lol. Afterall, it's because one can find almost everything here that makes it that useful. But who's to complain of they wanna protect themselves, right? Actually, more like there definitely will be people who complain, but they just gotta suck it up and look for other sources. :P I'm not going to risk someone else just to satisfy my drama addictions.

ajb_advance

Post by ajb_advance » Jul 5th, '13, 05:34

rootabega wrote: I think it's just awesome furransu's taken his show on the road to keep the heat off of D-Addicts.
Eh, you don't think it's related to those extra clicks that he gets paid for? Anyway, taking a torrent site from a privately run host to a google hosted site seems like a bad idea, how many other torrent sites do you know that are hosted by google? Also, not providing raws because someone can't provide subs at that time is short sighted. It's not like he's actually doing the capture, he's just filtering stuff he downloads himself.

ina

Post by ina » Jul 5th, '13, 07:03

I don't think it's short sighted. Dramas either get subbed during their run (or at least subs get started) or not at all. Subbing older dramas is really the exception.

And if it's so easy to provide raws, regardless of where you get them. then just more people should do it.

I really can't understand people complaining about this. If you think someone has a monopoly on something and is abusing his power, don't complain but break the monopoly by providing the things yourself. If all the dramas get uploaded to d-addicts by someone else, it doesn't matter where and how furansu shares them.
He could just stop altogether if he wants to, it's his decision alone.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 5th, '13, 08:58

I don't get why are people complaining about furransu's move to his/her own website? As far as I know, I don't have any problem with that, and I don't have any problem with him/her having that "no eng sub, no raw" rules either.

furransu has been contributing a lot, like a LOT for such a long time and I've been getting RAWs from him/her for as long as I can remember, if there's a drama I wanted that furransu is not providing, then I'll search elsewhere. As easy as that. Let's appreciate those uploaders and fansubbers.

mocha0409

Post by mocha0409 » Jul 11th, '13, 05:58

Is furransu close his/her blog?
I still can opened his blog yesterday but when I tried it again a while ago it said the viewers must have permission first or get invite :(

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Jul 11th, '13, 06:40

Unfortunately, it seems to be the case. =/ Hopefully this is temporary!

Anya2186

Post by Anya2186 » Jul 11th, '13, 08:40

totally quote avieamber. Only hope he's going to re-open it soon 'cuz it's not possible that just for some idiots (if it's this the reason, of course) all of us has to be penalized.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 11th, '13, 09:01

im fixing some scripts on the blog, plus there are no new updates yet

VampireXxX

Post by VampireXxX » Jul 11th, '13, 09:15

furransu wrote:im fixing some scripts on the blog, plus there are no new updates yet
thank you furransu...i already afraid you locked your blog... :mrgreen:

gokurousama :salut:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 11th, '13, 09:49

since some series are already being uploaded here, there's no need for me to upload them anymore i guess. no need for duplicate raws.

ZemusDS

Post by ZemusDS » Jul 11th, '13, 10:20

Thank you furransu.

By the way, those duplicate raws are actually your encodes to begin with. Same file size and name.

I doubt they would be able to continue providing them if you stopped.

NoraNeko33

Post by NoraNeko33 » Jul 11th, '13, 11:36

@Anya2186:

Although it is regrettable to have not obtained permission in advance, it is innocent by he having thought of us and having carried out. I consider.
As a fellow of the same D-A, he probably wanted to help us
can not blame anyone

I'm sorry in poor English

Anya2186

Post by Anya2186 » Jul 11th, '13, 12:52

@NoraNeko33: I think you got me wrong. I wasn't blaming anyone, just saying that if the blog was closed 'cuz people was complaining about something of furransu' "work" (like adfly or not subs or the rule "no sub no raw"), than it would have been unfair to close the blog like that even for those people who didn't do anything wrong.
Thanfully, like furransu kindly explained, the blog was closed for a completely different reason.

Thank you furransu for letting us know =)
By the way, those duplicate raws are actually your encodes to begin with. Same file size and name.
exactly what I was going to say

RikiGrawR

Post by RikiGrawR » Jul 11th, '13, 14:02

I thinks it's a good idea for Furransu to made his own blog, when you search subtitles on it you'll be redirected to D-A so that's the same thing anyway !
Good luck to you Furransu and thanks for your hard work !

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 11th, '13, 15:31

furransu wrote:since some series are already being uploaded here, there's no need for me to upload them anymore i guess. no need for duplicate raws.
ZemusDS wrote:By the way, those duplicate raws are actually your encodes to begin with. Same file size and name.

This is actually a bit worrisome. I noticed the the 480p encodes and at first assumed they were different encodes. However I noticed that not only are they the same video files but are in fact the same torrent file as well. From semi-fly's comments on the Summer Nude ep1 comments it seems as if there was no permission asked for. We've dealt with this problem in the past and as I recall, for a torrent posted by a person/group on a seperate tracker, the rule was not to upload here unless given specific permission from the original uploader/group. Exceptions were made only for files for which the original source was unknown or where it was not possible to contact the uploader/group (ie inactive uploader, disbanded group, etc).

mocha0409

Post by mocha0409 » Jul 11th, '13, 16:31

furransu wrote:im fixing some scripts on the blog, plus there are no new updates yet
Thank you :)
furransu wrote:since some series are already being uploaded here, there's no need for me to upload them anymore i guess. no need for duplicate raws.
ZemusDS wrote:Thank you furransu. By the way, those duplicate raws are actually your encodes to begin with. Same file size and name.
I just noticed it now too. the same size and name for summer nude ep.01 file. hmmm.

superdevilgundam
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by superdevilgundam » Jul 11th, '13, 16:40

i read in one of the posts in his/her blog that he/she puts the 'no english sub show will be paused' rule cuz he/she watches it.

hey furransu, just writing to say please keep on uploading the shows. ive been going to your site and its a great place to get raws. one of the few where we can get our jdrama fix.
ignore the naysayers talking about adfly. if they dont agree with it then they should find their raws elsewhere.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jul 11th, '13, 17:57

furransu, thanks for all you're doing!

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Jul 11th, '13, 18:05

I don't understand when you say "duplicate raws" because what is duplicated when you personally are NOT posting here? If you do not permit anyone to post your raws here, you should state so clearly on your site. I go there often, I don't see it. AND, do you mean if anyone is posting any other raws of the same show, you'd stop?

I've downloaded your raws for a long time, enjoyed them, hope to continue to enjoy them; but I don't like the feeling of under threat and uncertainty. This is a place of enjoyment.

I don't complain when you stop something because of lack of English subs, even when I can get Chinese subs. I just have to look elsewhere.

If this is your hobby/love/enjoyment, I think you should continue regardless of what anyone says, do it your way, and just do it because you enjoy it.

ina

Post by ina » Jul 11th, '13, 19:46

saigo_x wrote:This is actually a bit worrisome. I noticed the the 480p encodes and at first assumed they were different encodes. However I noticed that not only are they the same video files but are in fact the same torrent file as well. From semi-fly's comments on the Summer Nude ep1 comments it seems as if there was no permission asked for. We've dealt with this problem in the past and as I recall, for a torrent posted by a person/group on a seperate tracker, the rule was not to upload here unless given specific permission from the original uploader/group. Exceptions were made only for files for which the original source was unknown or where it was not possible to contact the uploader/group (ie inactive uploader, disbanded group, etc).
Actually semi-fly said in the comments that he got the raw elsewhere and not from furransu. And since he is quite a busy uploader of k-dramas he probably knows what he is doing.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 11th, '13, 22:04

ina wrote:Actually semi-fly said in the comments that he got the raw elsewhere and not from furransu. And since he is quite a busy uploader of k-dramas he probably knows what he is doing.
semi-fly wrote:
choyroer wrote:Is this RAW from furransu? Have you got permission to do this?
But of course we'd like to thank you first for doing this, since furransu had decided to upload his stuff only in his blog.
Thanks for sharing this ^^
I got the torrent elsewhere so if there is some procedure for this, like a schedule like we have in K-drama and someone else has signed up for the show I can certainly ask to have this one removed while that poster posts their own torrent.
I've added the bold and underline formatting for emphasis.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Jul 11th, '13, 23:07

I check for new shows every day here. I don't see anyone else posting those new ones other than semi-fly. So, I can't understand how it's being called "duplicate." The other person no longer posts here.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Jul 12th, '13, 00:20

Well, we'll find out soon enough whether the next epis of a drama posted to d-addicts that are x480 are furransu's or not since furransu will be uploading new episodes in batches (i.e. when ep 2 is released it will be included in the torrent for ep1-2, when ep3 is out, it will be in the torrent for ep1-3). If the torrent for following epis that gets uploaded to d-addicts occurs in the same manner....

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Jul 12th, '13, 15:24

I don't understand. Even if it is furransu's, is it a problem? I checked furransu's own site, there's no prohibition like on other sites. TTG is very specific about what is or is not and when their torrents can be posted elsewhere.

Even if it is furransu's, is it not allowed here? Is it because of the adfly click? I think it's great to have everything in one place.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 12th, '13, 16:47

dtyc wrote:I don't understand. Even if it is furransu's, is it a problem? I checked furransu's own site, there's no prohibition like on other sites. TTG is very specific about what is or is not and when their torrents can be posted elsewhere.

Even if it is furransu's, is it not allowed here? Is it because of the adfly click? I think it's great to have everything in one place.
Because that is the agreed upon procedure that has been used on this forum for a long time. Ruroshin tried his best not to write specific rules for uploads and this "courtesy" was the compromise that was decided on when these type of problems arose. I know there are posts on here that show the evolution of the procedure, but they are buried deep in the converations of long ago. The same "courtesy" can also be found in the rules regarding subtitles.

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Jul 12th, '13, 19:04

Maybe I'm trolling, maybe I'm not, but it's something for fansubbers to think about. If I ever go back to fansubbing I would sub from the raws that are available only from D-addicts. :whistling:

aldricho

Post by aldricho » Jul 12th, '13, 23:05

rootabega wrote:Thanks for your post, kangxy67. You've definitely given me some pause. There's no doubt furransu's been a "major supplier" in the past. I actually went through the torrents to see just how much he contributed - a great deal, though it is ironic that the only raws I ever DL'd off him all that time were for "Soredemo Ikite Yuku" (great show). Despite this, he also has a long history of UL'ing one or two eps and then someone else taking over in the same res. "Atami no Sousakan", my favourite dorama of all time, is but one example. (I prefer the lower res, for the record, so I'm grateful to whoever does it.)
There are a couple of things that don't quite add up for me:
1. I just find it strange he made such an issue of "no eng subs, no raws", withholding them on D-Addicts, and then merrily UL'ing the same raws on his own site. :scratch:;
2. I find it even stranger that a new thread is started up in which the OP, despite the bafflegab and "oh, sorrys" and whatever-happened-to-furransu's awesome raws that just disappeared on me (present tense implied), says here's a nice big, obvious link to his website. "Oops, my baad". Oh, come on now. :rofl:
I think it's just awesome furransu's taken his show on the road to keep the heat off of D-Addicts. However, he's not the only "major supplier" around here. Far from it. Rhetorically speaking, should the remaining "big Ul'ers", in a bid to protect D-Addicts from unwanted attention, start cutting off their raws (throwing in an ultimatum for good measure) after an ep or two, and keep on UL'ing on their personal websites? For purely selfless reasons, of course. :D
its a strict but straight-forward policy, he needs incentive to justify his uploads hence the no subs-no raws, so DEAL WITH IT and please another huge reason why he preferred his own site is due to d-addicts being offline late last year and early this year, he provided a temporary site where he can continue uploading, and he has the right to move his raws. its not an issue of popularity amongst uploaders. and NO, if you really are following furransu you will know that he is true to his word on continuing the upload IF somebody provides the english subs, he discontinues projects due to lack of subbers, he also clearly states that on his update page of releases.

swampy27
United States of America

Post by swampy27 » Jul 13th, '13, 04:30

I also have no problem with furransu having his own site for uploads, I've been depending on his uploads for quite some time and, frankly, those complaining about it don't seem to be uploading much, if anything. It comes down to whether you want to make use of his downloads or not, if you don't fine, if you do fine. I really can't see where he makes any money on the downloads, what is it, $5 for every 10,000 downloads? Are you seriously complaining about that? As someone who has to pay the monthly bills, not using his parents' internet access I can see where he might want something back for all the trouble he's going through.