Woman
Information from Jdrama Weblog
Official Website

Broadcast

From 10.00 p.m., Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Station
NTV

Cast
Mitsushima Hikari, Tanaka Yuko, Oguri Shun, Kobayashi Kaoru, Nikaido Fumi, Tanimura Mitsuki, Suzuki Rio, Usuda Asami, Takahashi Issei

Story
Aoyagi Koharu (Mitsushima Hikari) is one of some 1 million single mothers in Japan. Her husband Makoto (Oguri Shun) was a globe-trotting mountain climber until he married her and they had children. He quit mountain climbing and switched to a safe job but ironically died in a freak accident. Koharu lives bravely for the sake of their two beloved children Nozomi (Suzuki Rio) and Riku despite the family’s poverty. One day, she is reunited with her mother Uesugi Sachi (Tanaka Yuko) whom she last met 10 years ago. Sachi divorced her husband and abandoned Koharu for love after a chance reunion with Kentaro (Kobayashi Kaoru), the man she liked from way back. Now she learns that she has two grandchildren …

New drama for this summer. Has it already been 2 years since Soredemo, Ikite Yuku? Maybe there will be something exciting following.....in the form of Woman. With the scriptwriter of Mother and Saikou no Rikon involved and of course the fantastic Hikari Mitsushima what can go wrong? Not much, if you ask me. Even with a storyline that sounds pretty average to me on first read, I think we might be in for a treat this summer with this drama. I'm looking forward to it!
Last edited by MaiKitty on Jul 5th, '13, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

xploring

Post by xploring » Jun 10th, '13, 15:46

Yeah, one of most anticipated drama for me too. Same production team made the series Mother. Tanaka Yuko was great in Mother. Suzuki Rio's role is difficult, I read that she plays someone who tries to act like an adult. There's a lot of hardship ahead for Koharu. Single mothers' income on average is a third of the average salary in Japan, I read somewhere.

Japanese blurb from newspaper/magazine

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2346262000
Promo with Mitsushima Hikari and Suzuki Rio (Still captures of tv blurb)

Filming has started
http://photo.weibo.com/2414665100/wbpho ... 20sg0lc779

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 13th, '13, 05:52

A timely topic. Unless the single mom has a well-off and unusually supportive family (I can think of a couple of cases), mother and child are looking at a very grim slog. I can think of one family in which the dad has gone from "enjoying his drink" to "abusive drunk" over the course of three years (the family business being on life support is not helping) and the mom, though she clearly cares for her husband, is going to have to make a very tough choice for her and her seven-year-old kid. If she leaves, she's going to be crazy poor and will have to give up many of the dreams she has for her son, like a decent school.
This isn't a dorama plot - it's real life. I hope this dorama will do the subject some justice. Whew...that's some load to get off my chest. :sweat:

Cyberwave

Post by Cyberwave » Jun 16th, '13, 10:06

A 15s teaser after the broadcast of the 9th ep. of Kumo no Kaidan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBykvc27oEI

And as a reminder, based on that chart on the japanese blurb,
The nurse whom Mitsuki Tanimura plays finds out Koharu is somewhat abnormal in body condition
Nikaidou Fumi who plays the only daughter of Tanaka Yuko & Kaoru Kobayashi has some untold secrets.
Although the single mother storyline seems a bit lighter than Mitsushima's previous Soredemo Ikiteyuku, her role's life looks tragic as usual. :-(

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 16th, '13, 12:27

Wow, thanks for sharing, Cyberwave. I'm sure it won't be as depressing as Soredemo but hopefully just as good. The trailer looks awesome and I just can't wait to see Hikari having the lead role in a drama. She absolutely rules the screen even if she only runs through the frame or says one little sentence.

It seems like John Lennons "Woman" is the theme song? Interesting.

Cyberwave

Post by Cyberwave » Jun 16th, '13, 16:01

MaiKitty wrote:Wow, thanks for sharing, Cyberwave. I'm sure it won't be as depressing as Soredemo but hopefully just as good. The trailer looks awesome and I just can't wait to see Hikari having the lead role in a drama. She absolutely rules the screen even if she only runs through the frame or says one little sentence.
Yes, she freaking rules, and I can't believe it's only the 1st time Hikari has leading role in TV dramas. :scratch:

Given the promising quality writer Sakamoto Yuji (It's the 3rd time he collabrates with Hikari as well), and those supporting cast with superb acting skills, I have really high expectations in this drama. So I hope it wouldn't turn out to be just a series of tear jerking moments, without digging deep in the current situation of single mother in Japan. :roll

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Jun 16th, '13, 23:27

This drama can hardly go bad. They have everything to be the best in the season (or even the best ever)

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 17th, '13, 06:59

I, too, am a big fan of Mitsushima Hikari. Between Amachan, this dorama and the upcoming Pan to Soup to Neko Biyori, the J-screen will be positively teeming with top female talents, real actresses with many impressive film and stage credits to their names. It's feast or famine, and I, for one, am ready for a feast! :cheers:

yuizaki_libra

Post by yuizaki_libra » Jun 17th, '13, 10:55

Absolutely thrilled about this drama. Though I can hardly imagine Hikari in the role of a mother, I hope she pulls it off. Can't believe it's been 2 years since Soredemo Ikite Yuku which I utterly adored.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 18th, '13, 02:41

I'm looking forward to this the most next season! I'm so excited!!!!

Cyberwave

Post by Cyberwave » Jun 19th, '13, 16:11

Another 15s trailer with a few new scenes, just after Kumo no Kaidan finale:

And TV magazines out today contain some screenshots of the drama as well.
There are some looks of Hikari as gas station worker and waitress in izakaya. Seems like she takes extreme workload as single mother for the living.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 20th, '13, 01:07

Thank you for the update!
This is gonna be good! I'm so excited! :cheers:

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 21st, '13, 02:50

I know it's foolish to judge anything by a 15 sec trailer, but all I could think watching Mitsushima san was, there's a real actor and no doubt about it.

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Jun 21st, '13, 03:54

rootabega wrote:I know it's foolish to judge anything by a 15 sec trailer, but all I could think watching Mitsushima san was, there's a real actor and no doubt about it.
She's not the only real actor in the show. You still have to mind others. :-)

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 21st, '13, 06:32

She's not the only real actor in the show. You still have to mind others. Smile
Heh, so true. Strong lead, strong support. Pinch me, I'm dreaming! :mrgreen:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 21st, '13, 07:24

looking forward to this drama! Mistushima Hikari impressed me a lot in Soredemo Ikite Yuku.

And now with that production team, I'm putting high hopes for it.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 22nd, '13, 04:15

rootabega wrote:
She's not the only real actor in the show. You still have to mind others. Smile
Heh, so true. Strong lead, strong support. Pinch me, I'm dreaming! :mrgreen:
The cast is too good to be true. :lol

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Jun 29th, '13, 20:14

After reading the network WWW site info, sounds like a good drama to explain the situation of some working widowed women in Japan, but I'm concerned that the entire plot depends on people following the exact details of the Japanese welfare system, so this might be of less interest to people outside of Japan. Anyway, a drama is a drama, and even if some of the problems are some arbitrary restrictions set by some provision in some law, it is still a drama. Everyone in the welfare states has to live with this sort of stupidity, although the exact details may differ from country to country. We can't all move to Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. to live without these sort of endless rules.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jun 29th, '13, 22:37

kotsukotsu

Considering the fact that over 95% of doramas ever made never allow reality to intrude upon their noble mission to entertain the masses, I'd say your concerns are probably misplaced. Still, no one is forced to watch. I managed to miss the "Cinderella" dorama, and countless others of its kind, without the slightest difficulty.

As for single moms (or anyone without $$) living a life of glorious freedom in HK....
:doh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 3rd, '13, 01:11

http://www.ntv.co.jp/woman2013/chart/index.html

The official website has been updated with synopsis of the first episode and characters' description and relationship chart. Unfortunately it appears that the video preview for the first episode cannot be viewed outside Japan.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 5th, '13, 09:59

As predicted Woman is a cry-fest for me. I only watched raw/w japanese subs, but almost couldn't stand the first episode. It is so emotionally draining, that I'm not sure I'll watch it english subbed. :cry: I don't know why it is so hard for me to watch it, it wasn't even THAT sad. :cry::cry::cry:

That said, I think it is good. Maybe a little bit slow, as there is no real sense of direction where the story is going. But it was only the first episode.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 5th, '13, 15:06

It sure is a cry-fest! I think the first episode is at a right pace though. But I think they meant it for an introductionary episode as we get to see all the characters involved. And I think they directed it pretty well, the first part...
where we get to see how she handles her kids every single day, brings them to school, how tough it is to do alone etc...then the trouble comes when fees start to increase and all. The mother-daughter relationship was good too. But her stepsister kinda creeps me out, she seems to take interest of Shin-kun.
And the kids are adorable. :wub: Everybody did well in the first episode, needless to say, Mitsushima never really disappoints.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 5th, '13, 15:28

I don't know why Shiori shot mean looks against the kids. Did she and Shin have some sort of relationship? I hope not. It's pretty early to tell, but if she is going to have some negative impact on Koharu, I see myself hating her character. After just one episode, I already feel very protective of Koharu. The way she asked the welfare worker for 500 Yen was heartbreaking.

The kid actors were great. The one's who played smaller Nozomi and Riku, too. Really cute. I think it was done really well, how other people react to the children. The people in the train, the neighbour who sternly said that children aren't pets and especially the old man in the Konbini. I could've kissed him when he said that it is only natural for a child to cry.

antspace

Post by antspace » Jul 5th, '13, 22:42

Episode 1 was indeed an introduction to the different people in this series. It felt very subdued, and soon very depressing. Tanaka Yuko is again a failed mother, but it feels so different from her role in Mother. Actually all of the cast, except Mitsushima Hikari san, feel different from the previous roles I've seen them in. Quite incredible in this industry that loves to type cast. It must be the director.
This is no criticism on Mitsushima san by the way. She's not so different in this because she's always extraordinary!
I'm looking forward to episode 2, but am also very worried about it becoming even more :cry: and :pale: and more :cry:

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 8th, '13, 06:45

Woman episode 1 was really good. Got a bit teary there in the middle. A lot of room for back story and development for Koharu's relationship with her mother, not entirely sure of their emotions and thoughts during their conversation. The hardship and challenges in Koharu's life feel very real, though there are a nice balance of the brighter side of life too.
MaiKitty wrote:
I don't know why Shiori shot mean looks against the kids. Did she and Shin have some sort of relationship? I hope not. It's pretty early to tell, but if she is going to have some negative impact on Koharu, I see myself hating her character.
That shot happened so quickly I am not sure Shiori was being mean. I was thinking maybe Shiori met Shin when he went to inform Koharu's mother of the marriage, and he somehow had a profound influence on her life from that short time... Only guessing though.
Living expenses in Japan are so expensive compared with wages. I remember a drama from the 90's where the single mother made 900 yen per hour as a supermarket cashier. And here over 15 years later, the hourly wage is still 900 yen per hour. And day care costs 800 yen per hour...

jedmed

Post by jedmed » Jul 8th, '13, 07:05

Thanks for creating a discussion for Woman. Hikari Mitsushima in both movies and dramas deliver topnotch performances and I expect nothing else.

I think she will be given a lot of scenes to show her dramatic range and with Tanaka playing her mother, there are expectations as to their acting duels. Their first confrontation is awesome!

It's always good to have a drama written by a capable scriptwriter with a very talented cast. Too many mediocre shows (Last Cinderella for one and that Shota Matsuda-starrer where the actor magically jumps from one building to another as if he's Superman) have the Jdrama fans been bombarded with.

A quality drama/show is always a breath of fresh air.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 8th, '13, 15:15

Anybody knows the song played in the first part? Which band sang it?
thanks in advance.

hype8750

Post by hype8750 » Jul 8th, '13, 15:30

avieamber wrote:Anybody knows the song played in the first part? Which band sang it?
thanks in advance.
Its from androp :D

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 8th, '13, 15:32

hype8750 wrote:
avieamber wrote:Anybody knows the song played in the first part? Which band sang it?
thanks in advance.
Its from androp :D

thanks!!!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 11th, '13, 20:15

After episode 2 it seems like Shiori was involved in Shins accident. I don't think she is a negative factor anymore. She even seemed interested in Koharu, calling her Onee-chan. Their mother is in denial and feels guilt. I'm curious about Koharus illness, but this is all a bit too much for poor Koharu. How unfortunate can you get? I should be used to unfortunate circumstances from Soredemo, though.

And Nozomi, oh, you really could feel her conflicting emotions about the fireworks. I love how the drama portrays children, how they act and what they think. Very well done.

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 13th, '13, 11:10

Episode 2.
I don't understand Nozomi's reaction to getting her hair cut. Why did she run away then and not before? Actually I didn't understand why Nozomi pretended to be asleep when Koharu called, until she explained at the train station later.

Hope they don't turn Koharu's illness into one of those cliche plots. Was Shiori's suspected molester Shin or did he happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time? I was thinking Shin was knocked over by the molester during his escape. Shiori's eerie smile at the end suggests to me some sinister motives/feelings towards Koharu...

Mitsushima Hikari was great again but episode 2 was very sad overall. Koharu's loneliness was apparent and well expressed. Extra long preview of the next episode. Looks like Koharu has to ask her mother for help to get out of this vicious circle, but lot of obstacles lie ahead.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 13th, '13, 17:14

^
You could feel the guilt coming like waves from the moment the dad brought the fireworks home. She was torn apart inside. Wanting to do them right then, and then wanting to do it with her mother. I thought it was pretty clear. She did pretend to be asleep, because she couldn't bear to tell Koharu that she had fun and they had the fireworks earlier. Remember Koharu asked her earlier if she was feeling lonely? Maybe Nozomi sensed that her mother was the one who actually felt the most loneliness.

Also that she ran away only after the hair cutting is no wonder. Of course the fireworks still were on her mind. Additionally for a girl that age her hair is very important! To have it cut like that - a decision made in seconds, she couldn't bear it. But she is a child and probably felt like she couldn't disagree with her mothers friend. This was all too big of a shock and then she just wanted her mother. I don't know why, it made absolute sense to me. Maybe because something similar happened to me as a child.

antspace

Post by antspace » Jul 13th, '13, 20:46

I can relate too, I had to stay with friends of my mum for a couple of weeks when I was 7. They were very strict and I ran away on my socks, since they had hidden my shoes away.
I found this episode sadder than the first one, although It seemed lighter in a way. I loved he scene at the end of the episode where Koharu came to get Nozomi. Mitsuhima was so beautiful in that scene, so full of love. Shiori meeting Koharu was also very exciting. I have the feeling that she wrongfully accused Shin san and thus somehow caused his death... Her darkness and sadness is eminent. Nikaido Fumi did really well. I'm glad she's making it as an actress. Since Atami no Sousakan I thought her quite a talent as well. Actually, all of the cast is doing so well, but Mitsushima Hikari san is really shining! I've no words for the abundance af talent she displays!

lovesituation
United States of America

Post by lovesituation » Jul 14th, '13, 00:14

This drama is so hard for me to watch because it reminds me so much of my childhood and how my own mother struggled working three jobs to support us.

There's one thing in episode 2 I am a little confused about though...
The newspaper that Koharu's mother finds at the end of the episode suggests that Koharu's husband sexually assaulted Shiori, right? Or am I seeing something wrong?" Because if that's true, that is really going to add a plot twist to things...
So far though the drama is really good. Mitsushima Hikari is a fantastic actress!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 14th, '13, 11:30

just watched ep2
Initially, I was thinking that it was kind of absurd to have Shin die because he was picking up pears when the train hit him. Instead, I thought the writer should let him die because of car accident at the roadside, which would sound more believable. But ep2 shed some light for the incident, esp that newspaper clip about some molester and Aoyagi Shin as suspect. Personally, I don't think Shin has that part of him (a molester) so there could be some twist with how he actually died that day, like someone mentioned above, it could be that he was knocked over by the molester. Definitely unlucky.

It'd be very interesting to see how the writer explores the Shin incident. Next up - Koharu's sickness. I guess hints of her anemia episodes definitely showed there's something more than just anemia. I don't mind if they decided to let her character suffer another unfortunate case (sickness) I just hope it won't turn out like Beautiful Rain.

Nozomi impressed me quite a lot in this episode. She's doing great! That scene where she hesitated to play fireworks and cried alone at night, totally reminded me of my childhood (something similar happened and I can somehow relate). And needless to say, Mitsushima Hikari is as usual, stunning. The scene where she thought for so long about the wine at the mart, then the welfare guy came up and commented that way about her, that was just sad to watch.
The rating for 2nd episode dropped slightly, but I don't think the show's losing its momentum, in fact, everything's just beginning. So much area the writer can cover with those characters.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 19th, '13, 20:42

Episode 3
So the molestor thing. What do you guys think, is it actually true? I think it is untrue. Reason is that Shin just came from Koharus mother and had a whole bunch of pears on him. Isn't that molesting thing something you do with your hands? Hard to imagine how he could've done that. And for the person who pushed him, that's outreagous. Was he really pushed on the tracks? If so, that's almost murder. But I also understand how Koharu didn't want to go and investigate.

Shiori can go and look after her own issues instead of judging Koharu all the time. She obviously lived a happy life with BOTH parents there, so how dare she judge Koharu. I didn't like the way she accused Koharu, when she doesn't know anything from her parents directly, but only through her uncle or the newspapers. And SHE is the one acting as if something bad happened to her. I understand why Sacchan left her husband. But couldn't she have fought for her 8 year old daughter? I don't think Koharu didn't love her mother. Even if she stayed with her father, they didn't have contact at all. Maybe Koharus father forced Sacchan in some way to give Koharu up, to say "I have no daughter!"
Episode 4 seems focused on Riku. He's so cute! I love the children in this show. The cow car Riku made was awesome :lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 20th, '13, 07:48

^ bout ep3
I don't think it's true that Shin would do such a thing either, there has to be some twist or secret we haven't been revealed to yet. I trust the writers will give us more than that vague ending for Shin. Though I have to admit, the timing of the revelation from Shiori is too perfect, the way how Koharu's dad was revealed to be an abusive father (total opposite from his image in front of Koharu), and then about Shin, a suggested molester. But I refuse to believe Shin would do that, I mean, c'mon...IF he was molesting a student, with a bunch of pears in his hands, and then got caught, then chased, and dropped the pears, why on Earth would he even try and pick up the pears when he was being chased? :roll Doesn't make sense.

I like how the show hasn't lost its momentum, rather, picking it little by little and giving us powerful script in each episode. This episode in particular, the verbal argument between Koharu and Sacchan was amazingly captured. That tension between them! Mr. Sloth is fun to watch too, trying to mediate them both.
The cast is strong and they continue to deliver. I hope this will follow Soredemo Ikite Yuku by picking up those awards they so deserve to win. I'd love to see Mitsushima Hikari picking up that Best Lead Actress.

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 21st, '13, 13:24

Just finished episode 3.
Just when all hope for reconciliation were lost, there is light. I was not sure about the director's decision to not show(or blur) Koharu's face at various times, but now I guess that was trying to convey something, even though I probably would rather see Koharu's facial expressions. Felt like Koharu has forgiven her mother by the end. Mitsushima Hikari was great at conveying Koharu's emotions, the look with her eyes when she thanked Sachi was particularly memorable.

I think I understand where Shiori and Sachi are coming from. Shiori probably felt like she is the replacement for Koharu in her mother's eye, and all of Sachi's kindness towards her were really to make up to Koharu. Shiori is resentful towards Koharu for this, probably. Sachi did remember and miss Koharu (while being resentful at the same time), keeping her yutaka all these years and have it close enough that she could give it to Nozomi almost immediately. She wouldn't have been pained at Koharu's siding with her father otherwise. And Sachi obviously felt Koharu's more attached to her father, and didn't want to destroy her image of him. I don't think Koharu's father was a totally bad person as you would normally associate with someone who commits domestic violence. The fact that he lovingly raised Koharu suggests a different, kinder side... Not an excuse, but life and work pressure probably contributed to it.

There is definitely some misunderstanding with how Shin came to be accused as the molester. I thought that Shiori was the one who accused Shin but her tone of voice seemed to suggest she wasn't the one who was molested? May be I misunderstood too, I don't know.

I found it hard to make out Koharu's and Sachi's facial expressions during their showdown. The director and the lighting didn't help but I was also busy reading subtitles. Not the type of drama I am keen on re-watching though. Mitsushima Hikari looked beautiful in a couple of shots. Curious as to how the government official will become involved. Hope he will become a supportive ally to Koharu.

antspace

Post by antspace » Jul 21st, '13, 13:58

Thing about ep 3 is, that we don't know anymore how much we can rely on Koharu's memories. We've been looking through her eyes at first, but know her view in things seems very undependable. Since she had a totally wrong view on eho her father was, we cannot trust her view on Shin I think. The whole pear incident is already changing, so what else will we find out?!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 21st, '13, 15:22

^

While that's true for her father (though I would say we don't know the whole story here either) Shin is a different matter. Opposed to Koharus father, we see how Shin behaved in flash backs. Also the logistics of the molester incident seem a bit weird, as avieamber and me noted. And I also think it is possible that Koharu's father was a good father to Koharu and never laid a hand on her, so it doesn't necessarily mean that Koharus memories aren't trustworthy. From age 8 on, he was the only parent Koharu knew, and she only seems to have fond memories. It was horrible what he did to his wife, so much is for sure. But no one seemed to have explained a thing to Koharu, so it is no wonder she felt abandoned and focused her affection on the only person left.

Well, I'm sure this will be revealed sooner or later. But for now I don't believe in the molester theory, and Shiori even saying, your husband is a molester, the newspaper said so, so it doesn't seem like she knew it from personal experience.

jedmed

Episode 3 reveals!

Post by jedmed » Jul 22nd, '13, 06:56

Great discussion! I have no idea other viewers are also speculating on the molesting issue and that Shiori is supposedly a victim, though it's still to be confirmed...
If Shiori is molested by Koharu's husband, then it added another dimension to the story and the relationship between the half-sisters.

I wonder why Shiori said she felt shy when they met at the train station and appeared to be nice, but when she was eavesdropping at the argument between Koharu and their Mom, she turned nasty and mean and accused Koharu of having a molester for a husband.

If she resent and hate Shin, then there is a big possibility she's the student who cried wolf at the station and is responsible for his death by driving someone to push Shin.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 23rd, '13, 15:24

just dropping by to share this awesome theme song for the show. I love it the first time I heard them use it (that scene where Koharu was carrying little Riku up the stairs at the station). Great PV too by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_rg-TnGNs

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 26th, '13, 06:39

Episode 4
Right now, i just feel so much hate against Shiori. :cussing: I don't think this brat deserves redemption. And I have a feeling, she is still jealous of Koharu. She was bullied...so what? So were others. I hate what she did and how she acts like the victim.

The story with Riku and the dog was cute - bummer they didn't find Bun in the end...

What kind of illness does Koharu have? Is it really leucemia? Please don't let her die in the end. That would make this drama into something I hate.
Last edited by MaiKitty on Jul 26th, '13, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 26th, '13, 12:12

^ I agree with you about Shiori.
This episode, another mind-blowing one. We finally get to see Shiori speak the truth about how she was connected to Shin. Can't help but feel Shin was really at the wrong place, wrong time. Sometimes, good men just die like that. I am mad at Shiori for all the things she had done esp to Shin, but she's a complex character and the writers try to justify her actions. Of course, being bullied at school for years doesn't justify her wrongdoings towards her sister and Shin. But I think she was at a limit of her life that she just wants to destroy any happiness because she was suffering, so she couldn't stand seeing other people, esp finding out her sister having such a wonderful husband.

The only thing that she didn't expect was having Shin being dragged and beaten by the crowd and then pushed to his death. And this reminded me of Soredemo Ikite Yuku...having someone close killed by someone else who's connected. I can't wait to see how Koharu confronts her when she finally finds out (in the future).

Riku's so cute! :wub: So looks like Koharu has some illness...probably related to leukemia although it isn't revealed yet. But that moment when the doctor told her the news, her face...incredible. And to put a strong happy face in front of her kids. Another masterpiece.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 26th, '13, 12:41

Oh, I agree Riku is so adorable. What a cutie. And I love how Nozomi always looks after her younger brother. I think it is so amazing that children this young can act in these dramas, and you feel like they don't act, they are the characters. I think Japan has fantastic child actors! So much talent.
About Shiori, interesting that you draw a parallel to Soredemo, Ikite Yuku. Because until the end, even though a complex character, I don't think that Fumiya deserved forgiveness. Also in Mother, Renas real mother is a similar character. They all seem to have mental sickness, depression or whatever. But that doesn't excuse what they did, and in my opinion they have to pay for it.

Shiori has issues, that's for sure. But right now, I just cannot feel sympathy for her. Regarding the wrong time and the wrong place, didn't Shiori specifically choose Shin for her molester act? I think it is a real cruel game she was playing. Calling someone a molester, destroys not only that mans life, false accusations also serve to destroy womens credibility when they REALLY get molested. This is the reason so many women rather stay silent. Disgusting behaviour from Shiori, not only with Shin - but every other time she did it.

What also makes me angry is that she knew it was her fault and she acted that way in episode 3, insulting Koharu. I wrote a few pages earlier that I'm protective of Koharu. So maybe that's why I cannot see the good in Shiori right now.

At the moment I have a worst case scenario ending: Koharu dies and for redemption Shiori decides to become Nozomi and Rikus mother. Please NOT!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 26th, '13, 14:08

About Shiori
Yes, I also agree that she needs to pay for her sins. It's cruel of her and of course, I didn't think Fumiya deserves any forgiveness either. Actually, what Fumiya did was far more cruel coz he really did plan to murder the kid, while Shiori didn't actually want to kill Shin, perhaps just to frame him of molesting and ruin her sister's reputation/happiness in a way. But she definitely has issues. I think bullying was definitely a cause and like her friend said " as always, you're creepy right?" That totally proves Shiori is not normal, messed up to be exact.

About your prediction~ No please...don't let Koharu die. Why must the writers make her suffer like this? I know it's supposed to be a drama, still :-( And you might be right, I can like totally imagine now that Shiori might take care of the children as redemption.
Japanese child actors have always amazed me. Remember Ashida Mana? Although some people might think she's bit overrated by now as her popularity soared. But imo, she was amazing in Mother.

Cyberwave

Post by Cyberwave » Jul 26th, '13, 14:36

Unfortunately the offical website had already revealed Koharu got leucemia. Damn you Sakamoto, how many tragedies do you want to happen on Koharu? It's just too much to bear for a single mother.

Besides the bitchy Shiroi, I don't give a little sympathy on her mother as well. Her worries that she will lost Shiroi.and Koharu if the truth about the accident is divulged,, is really selfish and unfair to Koharu. My detester against this family just can't be settled even if Sakamoto tends to take Shiori's bone marrow as compensation for Koharu's better life. :cussing:

I truly don't want the story be mere despair like that. This is a story of single mother struggling for everyday's life, right? Cliche twists like deadly disease shouldn't overshadow the story.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jul 26th, '13, 15:08

Of course, I remember Mana Ashida. I still think she is a one in a million talent. That she is pushed in your face and in every second movie/talkshow in Japan is probably her parents fault, but that doesn't change the fact that this girl was amazing in Mother and is born to be an actress.
I'm also a bit disappointed that they decided to go with the sickness route. That's just one misfortune too many which Koharu and her children have to suffer. And do we really need another sickness drama? Now that you wrote it, Cyberwave, I think this is the way the story will go. Shiori will donor marrow from her bones and thus earn forgiveness for her sins. As long as Koharu does not die, I'm ok with it.

Yes, Fumiya of course takes the cake, as a "bad guy". While Renas mother is a close second to me. But Fumiya had weird mother issues and was mentally really sick. Regarding Shiori, I know, being bullied is not to be taken lightly, but revenge in the form of destroying your sisters life? Her parents seem to love her very much, and she at least had a pleasant home all her life.

antspace

Post by antspace » Jul 27th, '13, 00:31

I think you have to take into account that Shiori is only in late puberty. Some people tend to be very impulsive at that stage. I know I was...
Of course you have to pay for your actions, and she already started to feel the gravity of it. It's all very unfortunate. I still don't believe the diagnose for Koharu san. I think the doctor is weird. He was laughing as he delivered the first diagnose. I think this series is still very good, and is slowly turning into one of my absolute favorites!

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 31st, '13, 07:59

antspace wrote:
I think you have to take into account that Shiori is only in late puberty. Some people tend to be very impulsive at that stage. I know I was...
Of course you have to pay for your actions, and she already started to feel the gravity of it. It's all very unfortunate. I still don't believe the diagnose for Koharu san. I think the doctor is weird. He was laughing as he delivered the first diagnose. I think this series is still very good, and is slowly turning into one of my absolute favorites!
I agree it's all very unfortunate. Shiori had a lot to deal with but it's hard to sympathize with her. I dislike her too. She's just a teenager who can only think of herself. There are plenty of people like her in the world, some much older than her. I don't know about punishing her further... she will probably suffer and live with her guilt for the rest of her life, though she doesn't seem to realize the full extent of suffering her action and Shin's death had caused.

With the doctor, I don't think he is weird or insincere or something like that. They give bad news probably every day. His smile is probably a mean to deal with that. When there's nothing to be cheerful about, sometimes it seems like the only thing to do is smile. My mother's doctor also smiled when he gave her the bad news.

Not keen on the illness plot development. Hope it will turn out ok.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Aug 1st, '13, 21:55

Episode 5
While I love Woman as a dorama, this latest episode was the weakest so far. I hate sickness storylines, so I hope it won't be the main focus for too long.

Shiori spent another week in self-wailing and Sacchan's actions don't make her exactly my favourite character either. But she sent an aircon, so that was kind of her. The father is the saving grace of that family. Honestly Shiori blaming her mother for giving birth to her and making her the way she is. Ew. :glare:

The doctor is turning out to be a pretty decent person it seems, and Hikari was amazing in the scene where she declared that she cannot die. I almost believe Koharu will conquer it all through sheer willpower, haha. The pool scene in the beginning was really adorable. And Nozomi get's a prize for being a mature and awesome girl and supporting her mother the way she does! :cry:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 2nd, '13, 16:48

So episode 5
Shiori makes me hate her more in this episode and I was giving her benefit of doubt in ep4 thinking she was going through a tough stage in her life like any rebellious teenager (because I went through those years as well). But the moment she blamed it on her mother and kept on saying she wants to die, just makes me feel like slapping her. :cussing: How dare she even blamed her mother in the process? She's beyond me now. Sacchan's being a hypocrite. She sends the aircond and I felt she was kind to do so, even Koharu for a moment, felt she might reconcile with her.

but that scene when she just walked past them like they're strangers, that was just cruel. I think I know the reason she did so, probably to cut off their ties asap since Shiori's the cause of Shin's death. So maybe she thinks, the less communication between them, the better to keep the secret. But I really felt so sorry for the kids, her grandchildren and Koharu. Koharu's disappointed face. Nozomi was great though to deliver the cake.

The scene that made me tear up was when Koharu collapsed. That was just a great scene, but it was when she pretended to swim to cheer the kids that got to me. :cry:
Then the whole "I just can't die" scene with the doctor. And I like his line a lot too, "prepare to live". Very powerful indeed for a patient like Koharu. If you know what I mean.

Overall, I feel this episode is on the right track. Yes, the illness plot is cliche but since they decided to add it in, then this episode is crucial imo. Because it shows Koharu's initial reaction, denial and then finally realizing denying is not an option but to embrace it. And fight it. It's great she finally confided with the dr.
This show is definitely my favorite this season, together with Hanazawa Naoki. I'm going to recommend this to my family and friends :lol And yes! Nozomi's a great daughter. Watching her interaction with Koharu just makes me smile you know.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Aug 9th, '13, 19:45

Episode 6
So, Koharu moved into her mothers house. And it kind of seems like everything is running smoothly at the moment. Sacchan cannot be more obvious. She knows her daughter even though it's been such a long time. She already suspected that Koharu was lying. Of course, it seems weird how Koharu acted from Sacchans perspective. In this episode I felt strongly that Sachi still loves her first daughter and in fact never really stopped loving her. She feels so guilty and right now is torn between her love for Koharu and Shiori. I don't know what to think of Shiori. Does she want to atone? What is her motivation? I'm interested in Shins past and parents. Curious how that will work out. Both of the doctors seem to support Koharu, which I find nice. And Nozomi is wise beyond her years with her not wanting to love the garden too much! :wub: All in all I think this episode is a bit "calm before the storm" I have positive feelings for all the characters this week. Even Shiori seemed nice. But I don't think this'll last.

xploring

Post by xploring » Aug 14th, '13, 12:33

Episode 6
I really like the ambience in the scene when Koharu and Sacchan talked in twilight by the courtyard. Finally they are honest with each other, though not completely open about other things. Quality drama like this is really few and far between, even though I would have preferred the story to develop in a different direction, the story telling itself is outstanding.

Nozomi was totally convincing as an adult when she said she was not sure whether to like the courtyard or not.

The final twist with the letter was completely unexpected. Although it still feels like the rest of the drama will be predictable, I feel like it's a journey that I would like to watch and follow.

angelblue

Post by angelblue » Aug 14th, '13, 13:07

i just download this series
i think this drama will a lot of tears but the story is so great
it will be great drama in this season

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 16th, '13, 12:02

So they decided to give Shin a chance to shine this week
I think this is a much needed episode to break from the usual cycle of Koharu's life. I never expected Shin's past to be that sad and dark. Well, it's not exactly dark but I can't believe his mother would leave him to stay alone for 3 whole years while she went to Tokyo with another guy! Shin coped with the situation really well, and it's rather amazing that he didn't turn out bad or even hold a grudge against her mother. He's slightly more forgiving than Koharu (I just realized it's similar to how Koharu's mother also abandoned her).

So Shiori wasn't a coward, instead of running away from her guilt, she decided to embrace it. Probably the only good thing about her for now. Koharu's reaction when Shiori confessed, broke my heart. Just so...sad.

How is Koharu going to forgive Shiori now? That's making me very curious of the next episode.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Aug 16th, '13, 16:10

Hrm. Episode 7 was interesting, and a bit heartwarming. I spent the entire episode knowing something was going to happen at the end, though. That's just how it is with this kind of drama.
I thought that Shiori would destroy the letter out of even more guilt, having discovered Shun's intentions and wanting to erase him, only to have her increased guilt push her over the edge somehow.

Despite her guilt, she's always seemed spiteful toward Koharu behind her back. She toys with her mother's emotions quite a bit, and throws fits because things just aren't going her way. In North America, she would be taken to a doctor or counsellor, no? And she definitely has a very strong sense of self-entitlement. I mean, she only confessed because she wants to be forgiven by the only person who can forgive her: Koharu. It's never been about her feeling genuinely sorry, because in the end I think a part of her feels she did the right thing.

On the one hand, Shiroi is an interesting character and I think the actress is doing alright in the role. On the other hand, she antagonizes me quite a bit; to the point where, even despite my personal battle with depression and suicidal feelings, I actually kind of want her to just shut up and die already. :glare:

Yeah. There's something wrong with me. :crazy:

No, I can sympathize with Shiori. I'm actually scared that she will attempt or succeed at killing herself by the end of the show. But this episode and the confession was also a giant leap forward, away from that pit of despair Shiroi likes to wallow in. Now that her involvement in Shun's death is out on the table, I'm sure she'll feel less pressure, despite that she's broken Koharu's heart for a second time.

Ugh. Typhoon Shiori, though!

The most maddening part of the show as a whole:

It's obvious that either Shiori or the mother, or both, will end up being a match for Koharu's bone marrow transplant which is what will save her life. It seems like whether she lives or dies will hinge on her ability to reconcile with her mother and to forgive her sister.

Personally I think the leukemia was unnecessary; the story had plenty of drama with just the stigma of Shun's death hanging over the women's heads. The series is just overdone in that respect.

I get that it's trying to portray an, "everything happens all at once" kind of realism, but even with the fantastic performances all around (even the kids!), it's so much to take on. The series lacks subtlety in some areas, unfortunately.

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Aug 24th, '13, 22:46

EP 8
It's apparent Shiori is going to be the key to save Koharu's life after all this.

Her mom won't be a match to be the donor so the mom will search all over Tokyo for Shiori. Koharu will be saved and she will forgive Shiori for giving her a chance to see the kids grow up. The end/ :salut:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Aug 26th, '13, 14:35

^Yep, I'll be very surprised if there is another twist to this, this is the way it'll go. I still think Shiori is selfishness incarnated, no matter what she does. Each and every action from her is selfish. In episode 7, when she finally confessed what she did to Koharu, she blamed her mother for the way she turned out! She doesn't tell her father what she has done, because he is the only one still thinking of her as a good child....gosh.

Even though it is quite predictable by now, I think Woman hit the slowest point in episodes 5&6. Episode 7 was better, and I really liked episode 8. I also feel kind of sorry for welfare-worker-san and his issues. Interested in where that'll go. And Yuki is a true friend!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 30th, '13, 04:53

ep 9
This episode is a personal high for me.
Things are starting to work faster, as Sacchan went to test for donor, but ultimately, we all know she's not going to be compatible. Because the only one that can atone for this is Shiori. That conversation between Sacchan and Koharu at the kitchen was really touching as they reminisce the past, and for the first time, mother and daughter made up although Koharu was blunt and still couldn't forgive what Sacchan and Shiori did. But that plead "Save me" oh man...I was tearing up!!!

And another great scene was when Sloth-san went to find Shiori and asked her to come back and atone. Sacchan finally told him everything. So he's not in the dark anymore and I can only pity him for thinking only good things of his only daughter and when the moment of truth came out, he must be really devastated. Even so, he's doing his part. That convo btw them at the park - another hit to my tear glands.

About Shiori, I expected her to refuse to face the truth, and she's in total denial. She's thinking escaping to Tokyo and starting a new life, ignoring her past will make up for everything. she's a bit messed up, and we all know that by now, I sense everyone hates her character. I can only hope either Sacchan or Sloth-san can talk some sense into her and I want her to volunteer herself to test as donor with feelings of regret, but not forced. Only then can she really atone.

But there's also another short final scene :cry: when Nozomi somehow overheard the convo btw Sacchan and Koharu. Crying by herself at night, refusing to tell Koharu what happened, and finally asking "Mom, are you sick?"
How many episodes will this have? 10 or 11?

KeiserSoze

Post by KeiserSoze » Sep 1st, '13, 01:25

wow, ep 09 was really something.... it was really hard to not shed a tear during the scene in the kitchen :cry:
unfortunately i don't see a good ending coming, koharu is gonna die....
everyone recall the end of Mother, it was a bittersweet ending.
There can't be only 10 eps, there's still too many loose ends in the main and side plot. So I guess it will be 11 eps.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Sep 1st, '13, 03:51

About the ending
There are two possibilities...a lot of us think that Shiori might be able to atone by being the donor if miraculously she's positive and then everybody lives happily afterwards. But this is the cliche route and I do wonder if the writer would want to go that way because that's kind of predictable.

Another ending would be like you said, Koharu dies because there's no donor. This route will be more perhaps...realistic? Adds more sadness to the plot. Personally, I do want Koharu to live, because she deserves that much, just to live and watch her kids grow old. But with Sakamoto Yuji, I guess we'll never know until the end.

KeiserSoze

Post by KeiserSoze » Sep 7th, '13, 00:37

Guess I was right, just saw ep10 and it seems that she's really gonna die....Can't help to feel sorry for the children, 1st they loose their father and now Koharu....shitty world...But damn, all the actors of this drama are awsome !!!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Sep 7th, '13, 07:26

Another episode before this ends.
While ep10 is much lighter than previous episode, it's only a matter of time before they unravel the ultimate ending for Koharu. I'm not sure from the doctor's reaction whether Koharu can be saved or not, I hope yes! but either way, any ending is fine with me. It seems to me that Koharu, although shortlived (if she's to die), can be proud of her two kids and the way she has brought them up, although a short period but she'll be the awesomest mom the kids will ever have. If Shiori's blood is compatible, then good news. All is well.
Am I the only one who thinks Koharu is one of the most tragic characters this season? :cry:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 7th, '13, 19:00

Episodes 9 & 10 were amazing. I think if you compare Woman to Soredemo... and Mother in all the sadness, I think it is the most positive one, no matter how it'll end. And the reason for that is Koharu. She is an awesome woman. Strong until the end. She takes her children seriously and still allows them to be children. Of course, Hikari Mitsushima acts like a pro, but I also think that Koharu as a character is written wonderfully.
I love her speech about seeing herself as a member of a three person family.

I'll be honest, I think the reaction from the doctor seems like Shiori is not a donor. It would be my favourite ending if she was, I don't care if it is cliche or whatever, I want Koharu to live a long life with her children. She has suffered enough and it would even be a kind way to let Shiori have just a little bit less guilt in her life. I just don't want to see Riku and Nozomi alone. All of them have suffered enough.

Even if Shiori isn't a donor, that doesn't mean the end for Koharu right away, I guess. Could be that the series ends before Koharu dies/survives without us knowing what'll happen.
:|

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Sep 8th, '13, 02:35

^ Indeed Koharu's character is written wonderfully, not that it's without flaws, but they manage to portray her really well, both as a woman and mother.

The ending might be open again, who knows...Soredemo didn't give us an ultimate conclusion and we're still hoping down the road, both the lead characters will be together. So maybe they'll leave it open again this time for Woman.

You know I watched the first few episodes again last night and still, I can't help but tear up at some scenes, this is a show I can watch repeatedly and still cry like a baby. :D

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Sep 9th, '13, 00:51

Personally, I think they could do without the story with the social worker and the female doctor unless they are trying to mock and to draw attention to the current social welfare system in Japan(Someone's check got cut because the family brought flowers to the funeral). I don't see how their story contributes to making the story any better than it is. I'd rather they go more in depth with Shiori. I want to know more about her school life before she was bullied and after her incident with Shin. To me, Shiori is still a mystery person with a lot of question marks even at this stage of the story. She's obviously sorry for what she did and if she's not a match, I can see her taking her own life away as a last resort to repent. Her Mom and Dad may follow suit as well. Then the story will spin of of control into despair and sadness....

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Sep 9th, '13, 01:12

avieamber wrote:About Shiori
Yes, I also agree that she needs to pay for her sins. It's cruel of her and of course, I didn't think Fumiya deserves any forgiveness either. Actually, what Fumiya did was far more cruel coz he really did plan to murder the kid, while Shiori didn't actually want to kill Shin, perhaps just to frame him of molesting and ruin her sister's reputation/happiness in a way. But she definitely has issues. I think bullying was definitely a cause and like her friend said " as always, you're creepy right?" That totally proves Shiori is not normal, messed up to be exact.

About your prediction~ No please...don't let Koharu die. Why must the writers make her suffer like this? I know it's supposed to be a drama, still :-( And you might be right, I can like totally imagine now that Shiori might take care of the children as redemption.
am i missing something? what do you meant by..
Actually, what Fumiya did was far more cruel coz he really did plan to murder the kid
which one is Fumiya? what kid? which episode mention this? (i probably miss it coz im very novice in Japanese and watched it without subs). and im on 9th episode.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Sep 9th, '13, 02:37

digitalcoconut wrote:
avieamber wrote:About Shiori

am i missing something? what do you meant by..
Actually, what Fumiya did was far more cruel coz he really did plan to murder the kid
which one is Fumiya? what kid? which episode mention this? (i probably miss it coz im very novice in Japanese and watched it without subs). and im on 9th episode.
Sorry for my misleading post, Fumiya is a character in Soredemo Ikite Yuku (if you're a fan of this drama, I recommend you watch this too, Mistushima Hikari (koharu) stars in the drama together with Eita). I was referring to the character in that drama. Nothing to do with this drama, but kind of similar, in a way.

The sub-story - social worker and his wife. I don't know what relation they have with Koharu really, I guess that's just a subplot the writer decided to show like you said, the welfare situation in Japan. I agree they should've shown more depth into Shiori's life before Shin-incident happened too because it's just a story by Shiori's friend to her mother that we know about the bullying. But even that wasn't enough to justify her actions. Oh well, it'd be genius if somehow the subplot has some kind of twist in the end but I highly doubt so.

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Sep 9th, '13, 03:02

^OIC. thanks for clarify that..

im downloading the 10th. so far, im loving this drama. i was skeptical after 1st and 2nd episode. too ordinary, too cliche i thought.. maybe because i have a high hope, i loved Mother and this drama have the same team behind it.

but the 3rd one made me changed my mind (when they revealed a bit about the Shin accident, 'molester' and about why Koharu have a bitter relationship with her mother)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 9th, '13, 07:42

^You have to watch Soredemo, Ikite Yuku. It is kind of hard to me and if you ask me any other day I would give you a different answer, I guess but Soredemo is my favourite of the trinity that is Mother, SIY and Woman. :)

I guess, I'm the odd one out, but I enjoy the story of Shunsukes parents. It makes the dramaverse of Woman vaster. It shows that there isn't only the microcosmos of the family, there are other people with very real problems, problems the viewer can relate to. Because let's face it, Koharus situation is very special. Single parents are more often found in the form of Yuki or Shunsukes parents' - divorced couples who don't have sweet memories of the love of their life and who fight in front of their kids. Well, I just want to say I like the story for the realism it is adding to the story, and I also think it shows how hard it can be for the father in Japan.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 14th, '13, 08:47

They really kept us hanging until the last second, didn't they?
Especially cruel how Koharu was missing from Nozomis later diary entries all the time. I wasn't sure until the last scene if she made it. But I'm so happy she did. All in all this is a happy ending to me. Even though many people probably won't like it, I'm just happy that everything turns out to be ok for these characters and they will hopefully live on happily ever after. I'm glad.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Sep 14th, '13, 15:41

:cry: :cry:

I thought the last episode wasn't going to make me cry anymore since ep9 didn't, but oh man...
The whole slow motion sequence was really making my heart thumping so heavily! The part where they were all kind of tense, waiting for the call from Shiori, and then Sacchan nodded ...I wasn't sure what was the verdict, coz Koharu sort of cried after that, both Sacchan and Sloth-san too until when Koharu said "Because of you, I'll live." :cheers: But till the end of the episode, I wasn't too sure yet. Even Doctor's backward fall was making me wonder if he was too happy or too frustrated of the result.

But the ending was really great. Yes, it's cliche but really, I want Koharu to live because she deserves that much at least. Before this, I don't mind how it ends, but now, during the verdict waiting scene, I totally wish and hope that it's a match! Thanks to the writers for making her live. I love that scene where Koharu and Sacchan were sharing childhood stories. I bawled there. :cry: And Nozomi's diary - madoisen made a great ending for them.
Great drama. :thumright:

KeiserSoze

Post by KeiserSoze » Sep 16th, '13, 02:44

Great drama !
I've never been so happy to be so wrong :cheers: . I guess Koharu could (should) have died, but i'm really OK with this happy ending :thumleft:

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Sep 16th, '13, 05:53

The ending was what I wanted but it wasn't all the satisfying to me...
The hyped up Shiori's HLA test result for this very last episode and I was disappointed that they revealed it mid-way into it. I pretty much lost interest for the rest of the episode after learning that the story would end on a positive note. I would rather they left us hanging all the way to the very end with the slow-mo phone drop, the doctor falling backward in joy, and then maybe with Koharu playing with the kids in the playground..