What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 24th, '13, 05:52

Watching Answer 1997. And I love it to bits! Ironically, I dropped it after fast-forwarding the first episode. I kinda didn't like the 'going back in time' thing and Busan accent. Now that I gave it another try - I totally love it. This may sound wierd but I have to say - it's perfect! Chemistry, actors(main ones) are just marvelous! It's a shame that episodes go by so fast, I'll soon finish it and I'm feeling a bit sad about that. :thumright:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 24th, '13, 21:12

Neliets,

Oh I am so happy that you re watching Reply1997. I have been so sad that no-one would listen to my raving about this drama. You are so right saying it is perfect. I did not like the going back and forth in time either at first but then as I got to love the characters I realised that I was seeing their lives and it was all so engrossing. I have been watching this on TV and so it has been repeated and I have watched it three times I think. I would watch it again any time. Loved the cast. Loved the way they used one actor and he used to be a member of one of the groups. His posters used, and even a snatch of his voice while he was there on screen playing the drama role. So funny. I wondered how they managed to get all those touches in because there were several clever scenes like that. Don't you just love the way Seo In Guk plays his role. He looks so forlorn but underneath he is seething with passion all unrequited. I got worried about him..

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 26th, '13, 00:11

I've also watched the first episode of Answer Me 1997, but skipped most of it. Someday I'll give it a second try and watch it until the end, but right now I have so many dramas in my watch list that I don't even know when I'll finish. Gosh why a day have only 24h?

I dropped Hwang Jin Yi at episode 3, I'm now watching God of Study (along with currently airing You're The Best Lee Soon Shin, Gu Family Book and the japanese drama Itazura na Kiss~Love in Tokyo~), after I finish it, i'll resume again Hwang Jin Yi at where I were.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » May 26th, '13, 01:22

Gu Family Book- despite its flaws I love it

Birth Secret- I started with low expectations watching for Sung Yu Ri because a) I think she's a much better actress than most people give her credit for, I'm not saying she's on the level of her peers Yoon Eun Hye and Eugene but she's considerably better that all but 2 1/2 of the current generation of idol "actors" and b) I find her voice oddly soothing. But about 10 minutes in I fell in love with the whole show and I'm currently about 20 minutes in to episode 3 as I write this atill loving it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '13, 20:19

I'm deeply into two sageuks: Mandate of Heaven and Cruel Palace. Bot are good. Cruel Palace is really cruel. I still hope Hyuk is not dead and will come back and turn this b*tch' life into all of Buddhist hells. :alcoholic: :evil:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » May 28th, '13, 04:38

Dating Agency: Cyrano- the first episode was cute, but whether or not I continue depends on the next episode or 2. Does anyone know if the show is going to follow just one couple or if they'll have a different couple and different guest stars every week? Cause one couple might be enough for a movie but for a drama they're going to have a new couple every week or it's going to get old at the speed of light.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 29th, '13, 04:10

OK E. since Asadal is a closed lockbox for my comments I will have to put one here re Shark.

Have only seen the first episode with subs. I love the young man in school He shows a sensitive way of using his smile as if he knows how he will smile once he turns into his older self a la Nam Gil. Quite surprising to see that in a young actor.
Otherwise I found the starter rather slow and not terribly interesting The premise has been used so often before. I am sure it will resolve in a far different way however, and then we will see our Nam gil work his magic treachery or whatever he has in mind.

kiritani-chan

Post by kiritani-chan » May 31st, '13, 14:19

I'm starting Monstar today. Hope I won't be disappointed this time.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '13, 14:53

Peggy wrote:OK E. since Asadal is a closed lockbox for my comments I will have to put one here re Shark.

Have only seen the first episode with subs. I love the young man in school He shows a sensitive way of using his smile as if he knows how he will smile once he turns into his older self a la Nam Gil. Quite surprising to see that in a young actor.
Otherwise I found the starter rather slow and not terribly interesting The premise has been used so often before. I am sure it will resolve in a far different way however, and then we will see our Nam gil work his magic treachery or whatever he has in mind.
We're all praying for this. So far I didn't watch, waiting for having at least 4 eps, because I know what happened to me when I started Cruel Palace and devoured all aired eps in 3 days.
And honestly have no idea why blog doesn't allow your comments... weird...

Other than that, too many dramas to watch and real life things piling up, sadly...

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 1st, '13, 06:45

Birth Secret- just watched episode 8 I thought reading the comments and description of the next episode that this would be it for me but after watching the episode I'm still pissed at Yi Hyun but I understand her reasons and sort of sympathize with her a bit but still she's doing the wrong thing, also I thought her aunt was just as evil if not more so than her uncle but maybe she's trying to protect Yi Hyun a little.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 1st, '13, 06:59

Trying to watch 'Fugitive of Joseon'

I am truly disappointed with the new Lee Dong Wook Joseon drama. It does not seem to be natural for him to be in that costume. He is a modern guy and his forte is to be brisk and romantic and funny in a clever role

Even his face does not look like him. It could be me being picky but I want my Dong Wook back again..

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 1st, '13, 17:22

Peggy wrote:Trying to watch 'Fugitive of Joseon'

I am truly disappointed with the new Lee Dong Wook Joseon drama. It does not seem to be natural for him to be in that costume. He is a modern guy and his forte is to be brisk and romantic and funny in a clever role

Even his face does not look like him. It could be me being picky but I want my Dong Wook back again..
That's exactly how I feel. even my sister who has never seen LDW in any drama before and now watching FOJ with me, said the same thing. I was surprised to know that it was not only me.
I am watching it on KBS World each week even though I have all new eps on laptop. some how I am not in such hurry to watch it. he certainly does not look like him (keeps reminding me of OJH in Chuno for some reasons). The drama is good but I just can't go crazy about it. for me it's missing something but I can't tell what. but I have decided to marathon all eps that I have to see if I change my mind about it or not.

while on this thread
Finished All About My Romance and totally loved it. last ep was very poor but I have enjoyed it till the end. Shin Ha Kyun is truly an amazing actor. for me he's the BEST :wub:

Picked up Gu Family Book (after I left it by end of ep2) because Hot daddy Gumiho is back and I honestly only watching this drama for Gumihot and Choi Jin Hyuk who's doing a great job in his character.
warning; drooling, fainting, short breaths ...usually happens when Gumihot is around and when starts to talk, remember to breathe.. :goggle: :shocked: :w000t: :hissy: :dopey: :heart: :faint:

also watching Queen of Office (on KBS World again, no hurry to finish it off)

dropped When A Men Loves A Woman by ep3. the show is BAAAAAD and the female lead annoying to the point of wanting to strangle her so... :glare:

started Ugly Alert (daily drama) with my Lim Ju Hwan and even though after 10eps there are still no English subs (I wonder if there will be at all :cry: ) till now, but I am totally addicted to this drama and really loving LJH's character (ok, I'm his bias but trust me, he's really really good^^)

want to add some more dramas when I can and I am also watching 3-4 Jdramas
so little time, so many dramas...sigh

:-(

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 2nd, '13, 00:35

Issy,

Well the thing is that most of the romance dramas have wishy washy men as the main lead. I won't mention names but you probably know who I mean. Pretty faces don't do it for me when it is supposed to be a grown man doing emotional scenes with a woman. Dong wook was always perfection in those situations. He was manly and loving and sexy in just the right proportions. He did not stand for silly girls but he certainly could do a love scene with the right actress. Now he is bundled up in costume and beard and headgear and it is just not right somehow.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jun 2nd, '13, 18:38

Lee Dong Wook is pretty meh. Song Jong Ho as the hottie detective/constable Jung Hwan is the one to watch, methinks.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 3rd, '13, 18:27

The Thousandth Man- call me crazy but I swear from some angles Kang Ye Won looks exactly like Han Ye Seul

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 4th, '13, 09:01

Monstar - well, I did NOT expect this to be this good. My new drama crack.

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Jun 7th, '13, 21:54

I hear your voice.
Very interesting. I wanted to watch a drama with Yoon Sang Hyun again.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 8th, '13, 22:52

Watching City Hunter now, I'm amazed. Never thought it would be so great, I recommend for those who like a mix of action and romance, and of course a bit of family touch.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jun 13th, '13, 22:20

Started Heartless City. Jung Kyung-ho is sexy!

kiritani-chan

Post by kiritani-chan » Jun 13th, '13, 23:17

I'm watching Monstar and will start Nail shop paris tomorrow or after ^^

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 14th, '13, 07:01

I started Nice guy, pretty dramatic and to many revenge and hate. but I'll stick it to the end.

Other drama that caught my attention is I hear Your Voice, I wonder if I'll watch it in the near future, but I'll let it air more episodes so that when I decide to watch I will not have to wait too much.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jun 14th, '13, 12:43

Sister made me watch Monstar and I'm loving it!!!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 17th, '13, 04:11

currently airing dramas

Heartless City
Dating Agency: Cyrano
Birth Secret
Monstar
Gu Family Book
I Hear Your Voice
Ten 2

also

Ghost- so far so good through episode 4 but one question are they legally bound to use the music from The Phantom of the Opera every 5 minutes or something cause it's getting kind of annoying.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 19th, '13, 08:59

I had a short break from Kdramas since there was nothing interesting airing but now I'm back with a growing pile watch!

Dating Agency Cyrano: I was going to watch only certain cameo episodes but ended up watching it from start and still going to continue. Damn you Flower boy series for not letting me go!!
Monstar: I have a hate/love relationship with this drama. Firstly, I seriously hate "lets fix everyone's problems" kind of dramas but some of the stories are heartwarming so I'm not that annoyed. Secondly, some of the characters (Seon Woo & Se Yi) are just so annoying that if the story itself wasn't interesting, I'd have dropped this after first episode. On the positive side I can't but just love Kyu Dong and Seol Chan and all those remarks about what kind of problems whole idol system has.
I (Can) Hear Your Voice: I started watching this for teh cutie Lee Jong Suk and Yoon Sang Hyun but there are so many thing bothering me about the actors and the drama itself so I will probably drop this at some point.

Other on/off dramas I plan to continue when I feel like it:
God's Quiz, Me Too Flower, Missing You

Was also thinking of checking Queen's Classroom.

moreuneuncheok

Post by moreuneuncheok » Jun 19th, '13, 09:12

Fashion King, it's good, but I've read a few thing that makes me question which will the ending of the drama.

syaokizz

Post by syaokizz » Jun 20th, '13, 10:28

Gu family book
I hear your voice

Both are my favorite drama at the moment!

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 20th, '13, 22:35

Ok I take my words back about I Hear Your Voice. The drama got whole lot better after ep 3. I hope they stick to horror/thriller (in addition to romance) instead of mediocre melodrama. I'd really like to see more horror in Kdramas but it seems to be rare treat. :-(

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 21st, '13, 13:33

I picked out Pasta, and I'm really loving it so far. But I still need to finish Nice Guy.

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Jun 21st, '13, 14:26

Birth Secret.
I want to watch the episodes non-stop but I can't :(

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 21st, '13, 15:21

what am I watching...

Cruel City totally hooked and madly in love with it

Fugitive Of Joseon
so I caught up with all eps and changed my opinion about it and am really liking it now. apart from both leads that I still think they are the most boring part of the story. LDW is not doing a very good job here. maybe it's how his character written because there is no development at all. it stayed the same through out the drama. I'm totally bored with his scenes and always look forward for Red Demon JungHwan scenes. I love all the fighting scenes specially the ones between JungHwan and Du Moon (he's another eye candy :P ) not to mention I just love how JungHwan and CW's sister are getting romantic with each other now

Ugly Alert
this daily drama is my daily LJH fix. I just can't have enough of this drama. LJH is totally has taken over by his character and there is so much chemistry between the main OTP. why this drama is still not getting subbed I am puzzled and confused. I read that viki is working of getting the licence by June 29th though so fingers crossed.

Starting I Hear Your Voice today and still have Cyrano Dating Agency too

add 3-4 Jdramas to that too
why there aren't enough hours in a day for our drama life :cussing:

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jun 21st, '13, 22:15

Issy wrote:what am I watching...

Cruel City totally hooked and madly in love with it
Yay! So glad to find another fan of the drama! :cheers: I am totally hooked and totally loving Jung Kyung-ho's performance. He's hands down the best thing about the drama.

Prescilla

Post by Prescilla » Jun 22nd, '13, 00:24

I'm currently watching the last two episodes of Star's Lover.

Up next, Oh! My Lady.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 1st, '13, 16:13

watching right now

Loving them, hooked and addicted:
Heartless City/Cruel City
Ugly Alert
I hear Your Voice

Liking it
Cyrano Dating Agency

want to start
Goddess of Marriage
Goddess of Fire
(I guess Goddesses are back in fashion now :whistling: )

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 4th, '13, 08:13

loving

Monstar
Cyrano Dating Agency
I Hear Your Voice
Heartless City

watching

Ghost

Ad Genious Lee Tae Baek- The first two episodes were light hearted fun, but it's going to get real angsty real fast isn't it?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 13th, '13, 16:58

I was away from dramaland for a long long time, starting again was quite hard until I tried two days ago " I hear your voice" and OMG I remembered that feeling to love a drama, the characters, the story...everyhting about it ! So this is why I was obssessed with dramas before ? For that need to watch more ? For the crying in sad scenes ? And the laugh in the funny ones ?
Thank you for bringing me back to the beautiful dramaland !
May be I'll try " School" ( needless to explain why) while waiting for the next episodes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '13, 19:19

Sham26 wrote:I was away from dramaland for a long long time, starting again was quite hard until I tried two days ago " I hear your voice" and OMG I remembered that feeling to love a drama, the characters, the story...everyhting about it ! So this is why I was obssessed with dramas before ? For that need to watch more ? For the crying in sad scenes ? And the laugh in the funny ones ?
Thank you for bringing me back to the beautiful dramaland !
May be I'll try " School" ( needless to explain why) while waiting for the next episodes.
Welcome again, cutie-pie and happy you love this fine fine drama^^ :wub:

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Jul 18th, '13, 10:03

Currently watching dating agency cyrano!

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 18th, '13, 14:39

Sham, welcome back! :cheers: You should also try Heartless City, it's great gutter fest!

I'm currently swooning over Heartless City and I Hear Your Voice. These dramas like to torture us with the waiting every week. Couldn't get enough of nuna-dongsaeng relationship so had to start Loveholic. kkk

I still have two episodes of Dating Agency Cyrano left but sadly it lost its spark somewhere in the lovesqure battles. I really liked it before it became a bit too "heavy" but it's not still that bad. Also, still watching Monstar for Seol Chan and Na Na. I wish they would be the couple instead of Seol Chan and Se Yi. ^^

I tried a few episodes of Goddess of Marriage but it let me down after first episode, it appears to be too slow/draggy to my impatient taste.

Finished God's Quiz season 1 but it was total mess to me. What was that sad last two episode romance there? It was so corny! Also started watching The Virus and it doesn't seem that bad unlike all comments made me assume it's total disaster (hehe). I hope no important cutie will die later on...

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 18th, '13, 15:11

I'm currently watching You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly and it was unexpectedly good! I really never thought I would enjoy watching it. Love each character's love story and most the scenes are so funny! :) It sort of remind me of High Kick because of it's family-comedy genre. :D

angeliclady25

Post by angeliclady25 » Jul 20th, '13, 17:24

Watched " A Gentleman's Dignity" loved it :thumright:
then " I do, I do" :wub: Kim Sun Ah! :thumleft:
now watching "My Flower Boy Neighbor" :-)

still looking for another ROMCOM to watch after "My Flower Boy Neighbor", any recommendations? Thanks in advance :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 20th, '13, 18:30

Newest drama for me is called 'Princess Aurora' I dont know if it is new or old but it's first time I saw it. It is on TV here in California. Interesting. somewhat funny and very strong and bitchy women taking charge in many instances. Chaebol family. Restaurant owner's Family . Owned by woman. three sisters who are not married but they take care of their younger handsome writer 'little' brother. He seems to have been married somewhere along the line. I did not see the beginning of this drama. I am a little adrift of the whole story. It seems there is murder in the past or maybe in the future... It's interesting all right.

I think I will watch for awhile.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 20th, '13, 19:16

Finished Dating Agency Cyrano...it was ok, nothing special but it made me drool and swoon over Lee Jong Hyuk in a way I never thought i would. :P

Still watching and addicted to Heartless City, I Hear Your Voice and Ugly Alert

added The Blade and Petal/Sword and flower to my list. This is one really really really weird drama. It's fusion wuxia style western sageuk with loooooooong silent pauses and stares and some strange background music . ...so obviously I got hooked and really loving the OTP. :nuts:

haven't started any goddesses drama yet because there is not enough hours in a day.

hey Sham! Nice to see you again 8)

AnimeCanuck

Post by AnimeCanuck » Jul 23rd, '13, 03:54

I'm watching Lie To Me. (about mid-way through it.) I made a thread about it's music... ^ (I've been marathoning it since I discovered it yesterday!)

I started watching Oh La La Couple a while back, but stopped within the first 3 or 4 episodes. I thought the premise was so funny, that they switched bodies, but then it took so long for that to happen, and I don't think the characters and/or actors really grabbed at me. I may pick it back up later, though, because I think I remember it just starting to get funny. I don't remember specifically why I stopped.

The last one I watched before Oh La La was Queen of Reversals, which was VERY good. Parts of Lie To Me remind me of that, a little.

If I liked Queen of Reversals, Lie To Me, Coffee Prince, and (this one is Japanese) Hotaru no Hikari, what are some dramas I should watch next? (J- or K- ... if K- can you recommend another good one with Yoon Eun Hye or the lead CEO guy from Queen of Reversals?)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jul 23rd, '13, 11:57

AnimeCanuck wrote:If I liked Queen of Reversals, Lie To Me, Coffee Prince, and (this one is Japanese) Hotaru no Hikari, what are some dramas I should watch next? (J- or K- ... if K- can you recommend another good one with Yoon Eun Hye or the lead CEO guy from Queen of Reversals?)
With Yoon Eun Hye, you can watch Goong, Take Care of the Young Lady and I Miss You.

AnimeCanuck

Post by AnimeCanuck » Jul 23rd, '13, 16:14

I've seen Palace already. It was very good, and the aunt character in that made me sick to my stomach! And, I've seen Palace S as well, aka PRINCE HOURS ... first! (But only the first episode or 2... )so when I told my friend who was showing me Goong/Princess Hours/Palace about it, she was like "it sounds like they're copying". The more I watched Palace the more I laughed at how bad that first episode or two of Prince Hours/Palace S was copying them. Nothing was original at all.

On to episode 9!

(Vineyard Man was also quite good.)

Are Take Care of the Young Lady and I Miss You Rom-Coms?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 26th, '13, 01:21

Now picked up a drama called 'TEN' It is a detective/psychologist mystery drama. Takes two or three episodes to deal with a case. It is interesting. The professor is Lee Sang Soon (?) handsome hunk who was the husband in the rather bad drama about 'My Daughter Sayeong' He was the best thing in it.

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Jul 26th, '13, 04:29

I finally have some time to kick back and I am now in Drama overload!!! Currently I am watching "Jang Ok Jung", "Goddess Of Fire", "I Hear Your Voice", "Shark" and "Scandal".

I am also peeking here and there at an older drama called "Hwang Jin Yi".

So far all of them are really good! :D

hek

Post by hek » Jul 26th, '13, 08:19

Finished Dating Agency Cyrano - nice drama, lovely and cheesy love stories, but the age difference a little bit too much for me (Is the female lead an idol? how come she is sooo damn skinny?) . also in the last episodes lost it's flavour but I guess it couldn't be done different.
Now I'm watching Level 7 Civil Servent - meh, it's ok , but it doesn't blow my mind.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jul 29th, '13, 20:21

I had break going through US production but I am back, so:
I can hear your voice - interesting mix of supernatural, comedy and crime, last time I was so involved it was Vampire Prosecutor but this is much lighter, the best so far
Sword and pental - strange one, I still can't say if climat, camera work and music is working for me or not. My finger keeps going to fast forward but it stops every time at last moment so maybe there is something there? But story itself I saw it already so many times... well history likes to repeat itself.
Shark - ok I liked two previous revenge stories so I started it but I don't know? Even KNG is not helping much... but I just started maybe it will be better?
Heartless City - waiting for it to end so I can watch it in one go, I like my nails to be in one fine piece!

MCGar

Post by MCGar » Aug 1st, '13, 01:21

I'm watching You're the Best Lee Soon Shin.

I love the two main actors. They have such great chemistry and I think their acting is really top notch. :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 1st, '13, 16:51

I am disappointed with SHARK. . Considering it is Kim Nam Gil I never expected such a dismal drama.

The basic story would be one to become so interesting after the first few episodes. However, it just bogs down and the concentration on the lead actress makes me wonder why Kim Nam Gil is even there. He is like a ghost at a party. Only this drama is not a party

It's gloomy and there is not a pleasant character in this drama as far as I can see. I don't care who wins whatever the problem is.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 1st, '13, 18:30

So no more Shark, I don't like it, Peggy does not like it, not worth to loose more time
I started Heartless City - nice! well nice maybe not the best word
I tried You are the best but I do not have mood for long, slow, family drama right now, even if I like IU here to this point. I will come back to it later maybe.
I am going to try Cyrano Agency - something light for vacation time, and TEN 2 - I liked TEN so why not?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 3rd, '13, 19:30

shiofmedea,

If you want a slightly off the wall but light fluffy drama you might enjoy 'PRINCESS AURORA
I like it altho there have been people against it. I find it funny and tongue in cheek at times. the three families involved are so 'larger than life'; that they are incredible.

siiuations are similar to many other dramas but they are given a totally different treatment.. the characters are interesting, out of bounds but never exceed boundaries of their place in the story. Hard to describe but give it a try.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 3rd, '13, 20:57

peggy

Thanks for your tip, I may try it. I just started School 2013 but I find it so depressing. I guess I am too old for school drama. I do not remember such level of violence from my school days (and I went to one of "those" too)... or maybe I was one of top dogs then and did not see it? Anyway after all those reflections on law system after I hear your voice I need something light to balance Heartless City.

Ashess

Post by Ashess » Aug 3rd, '13, 21:33

I'm TRYING to watch The Ballad of Suh Dong but I can't seem to find it anywhere =[

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 4th, '13, 23:17

I plan to finish Love Rain today so that I can finally finish Baby Face Beauty.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 5th, '13, 17:13

Finished watching *I hear your voice*, loved it, unlike many people, I liked the extentions, it did good to the characters I think , we had a nice closure for everything.
Currently watching :
" Who are you " : despite some flaws and someone's acting, 2 first episodes were quite promising, I'm keeping an eye on it.
"School 2013" : I don't know what to think about it, some episodes are good, some aren't!
" My Daughter Seo Young " Ep 07/50, I'm already in love with it, may be it's too soon to say that, the story may be so cliched , I like the female lead, the stories are cute.

expression

Post by expression » Aug 5th, '13, 19:44

all about MONSTAR :cheers: :thumleft: :thumright: :D :-) :lol

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Aug 6th, '13, 04:57

I'm watching the Blade and Flower - and just loving it. The story is quite usual (Romeo and Juliet type of story) but the style is amazing. Depends heavily on actors expressions and slow camera work. If you can't get into the mood, and enjoy the slowness then you probably will not like the series. For me the best since Soldier.

shallamar

Post by shallamar » Aug 6th, '13, 07:22

just watched the first episode of Joo Won's "Good Doctor"

mcatcher

Post by mcatcher » Aug 6th, '13, 11:39

This is probably a quite old drama, but I'm currently loving Life is beautiful (2010), a surprising take on homosexuality. Though the drama still lacks of in-depth details on the topic, but is still a rare and enjoyable journey of two men falling in love and overcoming obstacles.

On another note, am keeping my eyes open for Good Doctor (2013) with my fav Moon Chaewon and Joowon. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Cheers.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 8th, '13, 00:28

I finished I hear your voice - good one
Heartless city - very good
finished School 2013 - I could not stop at the end it has grow on me, depressing (begining mostly) but a lot more believable then most I saw. And no love line! Great idea. But I come to conclusions: I could not be teacher I do not belive in saving everyone especialy when it makes all others suffer.
I did not find find subtitles to Princess Aurora drama my Korean is good enough for action drama but family one is a bit too difficult for me :(

So I am checking new dramas maybe they will catch my eye?
And maybe Answer to 1997? How good it is?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 8th, '13, 01:04

shiofmedea wrote: And maybe Answer to 1997? How good it is?
A MUST watch ! :thumleft:

shallamar

Post by shallamar » Aug 8th, '13, 04:00

currently watching: Good Doctor, Who Are You, & Master's Sun
along with a few dramas I need to finish up

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 8th, '13, 07:20

Oh Sham, you bad bad gurl, you!

Started Who Are You but first ep was bad. Like really, really bad. And Taec can't act to save his abs. Nope. But I'll give this drama 3 more chances.

Finished Monstar, IHYV (best drama of 2013 so far), waiting for Hwatu. Nothing interesting at the moment.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 8th, '13, 15:41

Finished
Heartless City
I Hear Your Voice

Still watching
Ugly Alert
The Blade and Petal

started
Who Are You
The Master's Sun
Two Weeka

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 8th, '13, 18:28

For IHYV I can't agree more. Not perfect but nice combination of different genere. And I must confess I like this charming guy LJS more and more.
Who are you put me off in first few minutes I did not even reach Taec appearence, the most stupid police action, undercover or not, I saw in long time. I still have small hope but...
I will try Master's Sun and Two weeks for now.
And Answer to 1997 (as answer to my question was soooo strong :lol )

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '13, 20:06

Taec is Taec and never will be an actor. He is entirely too consumed by being totally conscious of Taecyon.

He cannot even be natural in a silly reality show with a giggily girl who is from Taiwan I think. she lets herself go completely and he just cannot be anything but a stiff idol. It is an interesting puzzlement.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '13, 20:11

Ah !! Reply 1997. I am watching again on TV. Love that show. Love that Seo. Makes me glow.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 9th, '13, 08:41

Peggy wrote
He cannot even be natural in a silly reality show with a giggily girl
to be honest for that I can't blame him, this kind of girls would make me unconfortable too.. does not change fact that guy is visual and that's all. Still he is not at the bottom of my list of idol actors and some of them are way better at acting

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 9th, '13, 19:27

Shiofmedea,
Well it seemed to me that the girl had been given a different set of instructions about the show and how to act at the various places. I don't think she is really that ditsy. However, I also thought that Taec had not been told that this was a reality show that needed some acting or pretending in every episode. He looked out of his depth most of the time. I could not honestl give either of them credit for being anywhere near doing a good job., Of course they did not understand one another with language either. Not easy. I would say fail all round with actors and director and staff.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 12th, '13, 06:34

Watching now Shark. Had(and still have) expectations for that drama. The main plot looked like the drama will be so damn good, but now - not so much. Intro took 3 episodes, for god sake! I fast-forwarded all of them. Now hoping on something decent. But reading what you all said, it's better to not expect much.

EDIT: and I hate KNG`s little moustache.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 13th, '13, 01:17

I really had to give up on this drama. I only truly enjoyed the first episodes when the 'hero' was being played by that charming young actor. He looked good and can act and I liked his smile.
Now it is all gloom and doom and too much leading lady. they move around in halfdarkness and too many shots of Nam Gils feet. Maybe for a shoe company commercial??

I wonder what happens to some of our favourite actors once they are two years older and spent those two years in the military. Wouldn't you think they would want to do a drama that is light and more of a rom/com than a dark and dreary murder mystery.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 15th, '13, 00:38

I am enjoying a light rom/com called Princess Aurora. The cast it good and they play their roles as if they believed in them which is a hoot. The story is light but with some heavier background and it has some very tongue in cheek humor which is unusual in Korean dramas. I like it very much.

Just the thing for a hot day to relax and laugh.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 27th, '13, 20:48

Just finished watching Heartless City. I am short on words.... Just an awesome drama. Ok, it has some weird touches to it, but still. Very confusing storyline but that keeps you deep into the story and drama. Acting is very good. So good in fact, that even I was almost crying, when I was watching the last episode. I could really feel the emotions and their feelings, somehow. But that goes thorough the drama.

I really recommend it to everyone who likes more serious-action-kinda drama.

I haven't watched a single drama(from first to last episode) since a long time ago(april?) and I am glad that I chose to try this drama.

P.s. - sorry, if something is not understandable, I am still a bit drunk. :D