KOREAN CULTURE QUESTIONS

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
LayLay3377

KOREAN CULTURE QUESTIONS

Post by LayLay3377 » Nov 1st, '13, 03:04

Hey Guys! So I'm addicted to KDramas, and decided to do some research of the culture to incorporate in my next art project. I really wanted some first hand insight from those indigenous to the country. I was hoping, any of you guys, native to the Korean culture could help me out, by answering a few of these questions:

Who holds the most “status” in your family? Why?

How important is education in your family?

What is the most important meal of the day?

Do you eat foods that are indigenous to your culture? Why or why not? If you answered yes, name some of the foods that you eat. If you answered no, what types of foods do you eat?

Did you ever live with your grandparents or extended family?

How important is religion in your family? Why ?

Are the roles of men and women specifically defined in your family? If so, what are they?

Do you have any eating habits/rituals that are specific to your culture?

Define and describe the most important (or most celebrated) holiday of your culture.

How is physical contact viewed in your culture?

What is considered most disrespectful in your culture?

What would you say is, from your perspective, the most commonly held misconception about people of your culture?

So, I'm not really expecting for all the questions to be answered, but if any you guys have the time to answer any of these questions, then please feel free to do so. Thanks in advance guys. I was just hoping to get a variety of different opinions.