[Discussion] ANDO-LLOYD: ~A.I. Knows Love?~

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
RetroHelix
Germany

[Discussion] ANDO-LLOYD: ~A.I. Knows Love?~

Post by RetroHelix » Sep 7th, '13, 18:46

I could not find a thread about the new TBS drama featuring Kimura Takuya and Kou Shibasaki so I'm making one.

Yea, I fixed this up myself. Inserted the Kimura Takuya picture from the newspapers.

Plot (from asianwiki.com):
Reiji Matsushima (Takuya Kimura) is a genius physicist. He realizes that he and his fiancé Asahi Ando (Kou Shibasaki) will be killed a theory that he advanced.
One day, in the year 2013, Reiji dies in a airplane explosion & crash. He was a handsome and world-famous professor who studied wormhole theories. It is a mystery whether his research on wormhole theory caused his death or not.
His fiance Asahi is a capable career woman working at a large IT company. She is beautiful and smart, but she met Reiji and fell in love with him. Her days with Reiji were happy, but one day he dies and somebody tries to killer. Asahi doesn't know why someone wants to end her life.
Lloyd, who looks exactly like her dead fiance Reiji, suddenly appears in front of her. Lloyd came from the year 2113. His mission is to protect Asahi from any risky situations. Without Asahi's knowledge, Lloyd fights to protect her. Lloyd doesn't know what "love" is and doesn't understand human anger or sadness.
At first, Asahi doesn't like Lloyd, but slowly her feelings change. Lloyd also begins to develop feelings for her.
Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ANDO-LLOYD/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LloydAndo

I'm not expecting much after Priceless. I would love to see a more serious show, something that does not comes up with silly jokes to satisfy the viewers. But it looks dramas today are much different from way back in the 90ths :P
Last edited by RetroHelix on Sep 8th, '13, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Sep 7th, '13, 19:10

I'll watch for Kou Shibasaki. Not really excited to see Kimura act as an emotionless robot. ?_? But I l'm looking forward to see the Good Luck!! combo once again. Good Luck!! was one of my favourite Kimura Takuya dramas. For me his dramas in the last few years were just lacklustre and I hope the script and story are better this time.

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Sep 7th, '13, 21:11

I'm actually really excited about this. I love Kimura & Shibasaki Kou and I also love dramas with sci-fi elements to them, so I figure I can't lose. It's my most-anticipated drama this fall.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Sep 16th, '13, 18:54

jadefrost has posted a link to a CM of Ando Lloyd ~ A.I. Knows Love

http://jdramas.wordpress.com/2013/09/17 ... s-love-cm/

Only some snippets of actual drama footage but at least something.

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Sep 17th, '13, 15:59

I got really excited when I heard there is a new drama starring kimura, but I hope it's not gonna be the same as priceless, a complete waste. Even thought the plot doesn't seems so strong and satisfying :O
anyway, looking forward to it...

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Sep 18th, '13, 11:49

When I first read the synopsis, I wasn't all that excited about this drama either. But after hearing about the scriptwriter and the person who laid out the story concept, my anticipation for the drama jumped up! Looking forward to it!

And thank you for the CM, it seems good to me so far.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Sep 23rd, '13, 22:44

I keep an eye on

funretrolook

Post by funretrolook » Oct 9th, '13, 02:05

You'll find 3 Ando Lloyd-related 2ch threads on Maji de if you're interested in hearing the thoughts of Japanese netizens on it :-)

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/08/t ... -star.html

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/09/n ... -ando.html

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/10/t ... le-on.html

funretrolook

Post by funretrolook » Oct 9th, '13, 02:06

You'll find 3 Ando Lloyd-related 2ch threads on Maji de if you're interested in hearing the thoughts of Japanese netizens on it :-)

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/08/t ... -star.html

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/09/n ... -ando.html

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/10/t ... le-on.html

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Oct 9th, '13, 06:06

This could be so good.
Or so bad... I really hope they make the best out of the very capable actors.
Love Shibasaki Kou!

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 13th, '13, 22:43

I liked most of Ep1, but the final 5 minutes of it was absolutely painful to watch.

Hopefully it was an isolated incident, but I have a feeling it'll only get cornier from here on :unsure:

maya2500

Post by maya2500 » Oct 13th, '13, 23:09

@8thSin can you please post a link to where we can Watch it even without sub .thanks

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 14th, '13, 03:41

I fast forwarded through the first episode as I do with ever new dorama, so that I get a rough outline of whats going on.
I was quite surprised about what I saw. Dorama meets Terminator. Nice. The story, as far as I understand by watching maybe 3 minutes, seems to be interesting. I highly doubt, that they will keep on with the fighting and with the use effect shots in the upcomming episodes. It would be too expensive I think. I guess, it'S more like a hook, to get people to watch the second episode. But time will tell.
If someone subs this, I'll definetly give it a try, because. I really like Takuya Kimura, so I usually at least give all his doramas a try. :)

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Oct 14th, '13, 05:34

8thSin wrote:I liked most of Ep1, but the final 5 minutes of it was absolutely painful to watch.

Hopefully it was an isolated incident, but I have a feeling it'll only get cornier from here on :unsure:
Just finished the 1st episode, i think it's a great start.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Oct 14th, '13, 17:32

I liked the first episode, but wish less action (fighting/guns).
look forward for subs nad next episode

maya2500

Post by maya2500 » Oct 14th, '13, 22:58

I read some of his Citizens remarks and honestly , it freaks me out. they are armed to the teeth and are getting ready to lynch him without giving him a chance to prove himself.
to start with , to be forty and a father of a family , do not automatically class him among fossils. this maturity polished and accentuates his masculine charm .
I saw almost all his dramas and movies including the oldest ones like “ototo , Asunaro” and I think he’s literally bursting the screen by his presence . he has nothing to envy to the big americains stars that everyone worships like brad pitt, richard gere , Tom Cruise , Nicolas Cage and others who won their fame thanks to the great hollywodienne machine unlike him and other Asian artists who sweat blood and water in the hope of finally getting the global recognition they deserve .
regarding the plot of the drama, it is not new and has already been used with great success by American cinema . arnold schwarzenegger "Terminator" and robin williams "Bicentennial Man" have proven if necessary that it was possible to ensur a box office based on a relationship between a 40 years robot and a much younger human lady .
Japanese citizens would be better advised to follow the example of Koreans who work hard (uploading movies, dramas, shows, translating ...) to promote worldwide their artists and therefore their culture .
I just hope that the producers and scriptwriters will not do the same mistake as those of "mr brain" and "priceless" who make his character like cartoon , which in my humble opinion made this dramas flop .
sorry for the long essay and my frankness , i mean no harm .

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 15th, '13, 15:02

I'm not sure what to think of the first episode. But one thing is for certain, Kou Shibasaki is gorgeous! Honestly - she sparkles and looks fantastic! I liked the few love scenes between her character and the human Reiji. The rest seemed a little weird to me, but it is nice to see something different, a science fiction drama. There are few of them.
Last edited by MaiKitty on Oct 17th, '13, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

shelly123

Post by shelly123 » Oct 17th, '13, 06:00

The first episode ratings is 19.2%, it's a great start I think.

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Oct 17th, '13, 08:23

shelly123 wrote:The first episode ratings is 19.2%, it's a great start I think.
Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think sci-fi is something for everyone, quite limited target audiences actually. So, this is quite amazing to me.

Wakashimazu

Post by Wakashimazu » Oct 18th, '13, 01:54

Love Shibasaki Kou in this drama, she look pretty and gorgeous. :)

But the drama itself? It was OK until they pulled a "Doraemon" scene, TWICE. God, that was silly and horrible. :unsure:

Somehow the style of this drama reminds me of Keizoku II: SPEC where a sudden, mysterious character/plot appeared out of nowhere.

Hopefully the upcoming episodes will have more rom-com, less action and silliness in it.

p.s: Ayano Fukuda + wig = pretty :P

t12345

Post by t12345 » Oct 18th, '13, 02:13

In my opin, i think the "doraemon scene" is something that foreigners will have touble understanding but for japanese this should look normal as many of their CMs that will not be appreciated in other regions but are so common in japan.

funderfurby

Post by funderfurby » Oct 18th, '13, 03:10

first episode was great, not what i expected at all, more emotion and more SF and moral conflict too, fantastic.

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Oct 18th, '13, 05:59

I pretty much loved the first episode so far, since I wasnt expecting very much. Shibasaki Kou is gorgeous here, really. Last thing I saw her in was in Galileo first season, so that was a few years ago, granted. But she's absolutely stunning here. KimuTaku is so awkwardly cute here. Argh. I LOVE the picture of them together. There should have been more interaction with him as human and not a robot. ):

verbish

Loved the first episode!

Post by verbish » Oct 18th, '13, 13:21

I like sci-fi, and the 2 leads, so I am really happy with this show so far :) I heard some Evangelion people are associated with this dorama, so I expect that the story might not be resolved, or if it is, it will be all ambiguous and left up to the viewer.
It'll be interesting to see how they will make each episode different. Laplace was saying that there are 10 of them sent from the future, so I'm guessing 1 android has to be defeated in each episode? That might become boring.
Anyway, can't wait for the story to play out !

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 18th, '13, 19:07

First of: Mega unrealistic Brick wall fail! Why computer animate everything but put a cheap styrofoam brick wall there?...
That and that the cop is some kind of clairvoyant who knows everything
Ok, I'm a science-fiction fan but if there is no explanation to any of all the insane stuff that's going on, it just feels dumb to watch it. They threw the viewer right into a crazy new universe without explaining anything at all. Besides that, everything felt rushed to me. As if they were just trying to get to the action scenes as fast as possible. I'm missing a deeper back story. It's only for the great acting that I felt some sort of connection between the two mains
(I was a bit shocked about the passiveness when Kimutaku died though)
Simply said, this was too much for me (just the stupid nurse scene would have been enough if not Kimutaku was there). Damn Fanservice.

I hope they slow down a bit, I mean only one of all these crazy scenes would have been enough for a good cliffhanger. Enough time to build some plot around it.
(Robots from out of nowhere, Time traveling, the hologram police and so on...)

MarlinaZ

Post by MarlinaZ » Oct 19th, '13, 03:03

I read some of his Citizens remarks and honestly , it freaks me out. they are armed to the teeth and are getting ready to lynch him without giving him a chance to prove himself.
to start with , to be forty and a father of a family , do not automatically class him among fossils. this maturity polished and accentuates his masculine charm .
I have to agree whole-heartedly with you on that statement. Kimura Takuya has been in the business for more than 20 years and has played many diverse and challenging roles. He is a very seasoned and polished actor but I would have to say that playing an android is his toughest challenge yet. I have not seen him in this "mode" before and I think he's doing a pretty convincing job as a robot (albeit the cheesy scenes). I suspect the coming episodes will see him evolving to a more human-like character and that will certainly be an interesting watch :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 20th, '13, 20:28

:roll :roll :roll

For heavens sake...this is Science fiction . What do the people with hatchets expect...REAL LIFE..?????. I have seen episode one so far and I think it is very interesting and I like the strange ways of brnging people into and out of a scene. Just takes a little imagination and thinking power to understand I guess.

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Oct 21st, '13, 02:06

Ep01 looked like 'Kimutaku meets The Matrix'. Not much chance for kimutaku to show the more subtle facial expressions in scenes requiring sensitivity that we've come to expect.

taiyaki-kun

Post by taiyaki-kun » Oct 21st, '13, 03:26

sensei991 wrote:Ep01 looked like 'Kimutaku meets The Matrix'. Not much chance for kimutaku to show the more subtle facial expressions in scenes requiring sensitivity that we've come to expect.
I think the more subtle facial expressions should come in later episodes when an adroid starts to develop some more feelings other than just a determination to protect Asahi? I'd be surprised if an android shows a complex emotion right from the start of the drama.

OO0nMe

Post by OO0nMe » Oct 22nd, '13, 14:40

Plot line not very original yet, but I do like the main male/female leads and the support cast very much. I hope the scripts is decent enough. The action scene's didn't do that much for me, but the slightly awkward slice-of-life scenes between the two 'nerds' were very funny and awesome. Lots of chemistry between Kimutaku and Shibasaki Kou.

Definitely not as gripping as last seasons Hanzawa Naoki, but this could be the most entertaining dorama of the winter season.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 22nd, '13, 20:29

I wonder why they let a top star do the stunts in any drama or movie. I guess it's quicker and saves some money but now that Kimura has been injured he has to recover which is a very expensive downtime. He had slight concussion and facial scratches. Not good for the leading man.
They do the same thing in films in Hollywood when stars want to be super macho and do their own stunts. It always surprises me that the insurance companies will allow this.

darji

Post by darji » Oct 24th, '13, 21:47

Ok watched the first episode and my first reaction.

What the hell was that???? It felt really like some B movie sci-fi series with a great lead actor actress. It makes no sense for my why they are in this series. The acting from them is great as always but the rest especially all these strange androids are totally out of place.

I keep watching it but it feels so strange^^

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 26th, '13, 06:45

darji wrote:Ok watched the first episode and my first reaction.

What the hell was that???? It felt really like some B movie sci-fi series with a great lead actor actress. It makes no sense for my why they are in this series. The acting from them is great as always but the rest especially all these strange androids are totally out of place.

I felt similar about the first episode. Wait for the second one. It is just plain stupid.
I'm out of it.

KimiToDeatta

Post by KimiToDeatta » Oct 29th, '13, 12:14

Peggy wrote:I wonder why they let a top star do the stunts in any drama or movie. I guess it's quicker and saves some money but now that Kimura has been injured he has to recover which is a very expensive downtime. He had slight concussion and facial scratches. Not good for the leading man.
Really? When did this happen?

maya2500

Post by maya2500 » Oct 31st, '13, 19:46

as far as I can remember, the Japanese manga have always been my favorite. it have managed the feat of capturing the attention and passion of the children as well as adults Independent of their background or culture.
Paradoxically, this definition is rarely applied to their dramas and movies,
yet they have great artists that have nothing to envy their overseas colleagues.
I do not think I am wrong in claiming that Kimura Takuya could perfectly play the leading role in one of those movies: Troy, ncis, star gate, pretty woman or minority report.
i totally agree with you " darji " and "Peggy" .I wonder if these producers and writers are completely stupid .they not only produce mini-series of 40 minutes the episode, when all other make seasons of their dramas, but in addition, they do nothing to highlight the actors skils and even less the movie plot .I think if these officials settle these shortcomings, the cinema and Japanese artists will gain the global recognition they deserve.

keylock32

Post by keylock32 » Oct 31st, '13, 20:43

the plot is okay for manga/anime

but real-life action? it just didn't fit.
I have to dumbed-down my brain to watch this
super high-tech android, machine, robot whatever and yet they use a pistol?
no matter how logical or non-logical is just doesn't make sense in every way.

Enemy goal: kill the wife.
Ando-llyod goal: protect the wife.

Chobits has more interesting plot than this.

People only watch for people who cast it.
3 eps... flat same storyline, same pace, same style.
new droid show up, find the target, get terminated.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 1st, '13, 19:46

Well I must just point out that this is a DRAMA. tt is not real life... not even supposed to be real life since it is SCI-FI. :roll Anything goes in this type of drama.

I do agree I have thought about the necessity of android needing a pistol. surely he can point his finger and out comes laser beam to pulvarise target????????????

He is not a very efficient adroid as yet methinks. New out of the factory.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 1st, '13, 21:39

It totally makes sense for them to use the pistol, because you don't want some future projectile or lasers marks found in autopsy and the alter future... The androids can just blame it on yakuza or whatever by hacking into the database, or through direct orders from the top to stop investigating.

What made less sense to me was how the androids were using normal rifles in the future in his dream, which was probably actually happened.

I personally like the concept/setting of this series, but I have to say, the script and plots are pretty poorly written and you have to stretch your suspension of disbelief by quite a bit to enjoy it.

maya2500

Post by maya2500 » Nov 2nd, '13, 19:33

I agree with @8thSin, they are forced to use weapons of humans on humans if they don't want to attract the attention of investigators on their own origin.
I also find credible the idea of a war of extermination between the different factions of androids. we have already seen several examples in the americaines series like terminator, matrix ... etc..
I blame on the writers, the lack of logic in their immagination.
otherwise, how can one believe that an "AI" that have managed to find a way to create a pond with the past and infiltrate it, do not have the idea to go to the origin of the problem and prevent the birth of Professor "regi " or struggle to terminate his wife .
anyway , I will continue to follow the series just for the pleasure of seeing the charming scenes between regi and his companion .
i hope you'll continue your favor by uploading and translating this drama .
thanks to all

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Nov 2nd, '13, 20:03

Peggy wrote:

> I wonder why they let a top star do the stunts in any drama or movie...

But various other users asked if this was the case. A few seconds of searching on the WWW provides lots of information. Just use the obvious keywords for a Google search, i.e." 怪我" and "安堂ロイド". There is lots of information.

wewa

Post by wewa » Nov 9th, '13, 02:24

Yeah.
Bad.

20 min into ep 1 and I wanted it to end already.
Like a Japanese high school play.
Remake of Terminator.

Priceless was better. Good Luck! was the best.
Engine. Orange Days.

I'm done with this one, sadly.

:salut:
darji wrote:Ok watched the first episode and my first reaction.

Taichi11Yagami

Post by Taichi11Yagami » Nov 9th, '13, 05:00

The first episode was too boring, but truth to say, the next episodes are getting exciting. I wonder why. But for me, this drama is good. The fighting scenes, the androids, the sci-fi theme: all of these patterns are what I liked the most. I just can't conform to the other reviews where they don't like this series. Yes, it's like Terminator, but let's not do comparing things from other things. If it's similar, then it's similar. Just put up your comparisons when the series ends. With that, the comparisons can be proved. Without the whole plot, we can't fully say that this series is a total rip off from Terminator. I'm just sharing my opinion. :)

:D :D :D
Let's calm down, and make a good judgment! Banzai! :)

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Nov 9th, '13, 05:48

I too was done with the first episode but it got more and more interesting as each episode enfolds! I'm so into it now. Yes, i have to admit there are still some cheesy scenes here and there but the plot does starts to build up. I especially cant stand the nurse. Kimura and the team is doing a great job!

LarcKen

Post by LarcKen » Nov 25th, '13, 05:58

This dorama have been a mediocre showing up to episode 5.
But if you can endure it, it started getting better on episode 6, and i have to say episode 7 is the best episode so far even with my 70% understanding of the dialog without the sub :thumleft:

D_Na

Post by D_Na » Nov 25th, '13, 08:53

I hate to admit it, I was really despised this drama in the beginning, so wtf, the only thing made me watching it is, I love the terminator fighting scene and the cinematic vibe of this drama. But I can;t stop thinking about this drama nowaday, it really getting interesting after Supply died (dont like her since the beginning), also jealous Roido is so cute.

maya2500

Post by maya2500 » Nov 28th, '13, 20:07

as the saying goes, "tout arrive à point à qui sait attendre" witch means ""good things come to those who wait."I hope that kimura and all the drama cast will reap the laurels they deserve.
although I am not a big fan of Japanese drama, I waited impatiently for the difusion of this one for the pleasure of seeing my preferred star in action and I admit I was charmed by his play from the very first episode.
I will not deny that like most of you, I was annoyed by some scenes that seemed out of context.
It now appears that they are not only justified, but they gave meaning to the plot.
IMHO, this drama is alot more realistic than it gives the air.
if we consider the evolution of the world with its share of war, famine, population explosion and economic crises plus the planetary rechaufement, it would be logical to think that the great leaders would resort to such radical solutions.
anyway, I'm looking forward to see more. I just regret that jdrama are so short.
only do we begin to enjoy the story that the end comes.
Once again, thanks a lot for both the uploaders and translators for their great work

maya2500

Post by maya2500 » Nov 28th, '13, 20:36

BDW, I live in Africa and I hope that I would no more be in this world, when they decide to start their extermination operation !

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Dec 5th, '13, 20:28

Ep 8, probably the most painful episode i saw so far...

I'm disappointed

verbish

loving it still !!! but many lingering questions.

Post by verbish » Dec 9th, '13, 20:19

I just saw ep 9 (no subs though) and it was very exciting! :)

This dorama has its ups and downs, but I have enjoyed watching it overall. Probably the worst episode for me was #2, when many things didn't make sense...
...like the dialog at the end between Asahi & Nanase-chan, when Asahi told her, "what I'm about to tell you, you cannot tell anyone, not even Reiji...
...Reiji was killed."
LOL! It just sounded so absurd and I thought to myself, that the writer just phoned in this episode.

Another strange thing in ep 2 was Nanase-chan's behavior. She wasn't shocked at seeing someone that looked exactly like her brother disappear into thin air...also her weird reaction at the end when Asahi told her that her brother was indeed murdered. Although her behavior, thankfully, was explained in later episodes.

Yes #2 was the lowest point for me.
But even with all the inconsistencies, loopholes, and silliness, something about this dorama really sticks and makes me think.
I especially like some of the images / stills shown throughout the show. LIke the end of ep 1 when Lloyd was about to shoot Asahi, Lloyd charging at the foot of her bed, Suppli at the end of ep 5 encased in a glowing ball confessing her feelings. Very cool, I thought, and pretty original for a japanese dorama. The filming and storyline are definitely closer to manga.

I also liked some of the ideas that are brought up (nothing original but still enjoyable to see). Like the idea of what makes us human (detective vs Ando Lloyd), that information / data / feelings / thoughts have no mass and thus can be transmitted back and forth through time (really neat how data from the future can be sent to the past and printed out), how "things" can develop character or a "soul".
Other good points are the chemistry among the cast. Kimura & Shibasaki are great together! Hoshi & the detective are fun to watch too. Also loved the acting of Laplace, the first android, and the Last Queen is also quite good.

Even though some questions have been answered up until ep 9, there are still many questions:
1) There are 3 important years: 2013, 2066, and 2113. Android police from 2113 have travelled back to 2013 because the "channel" (?) which they have used to time travel has been closed by Reiji's "brain data". My question is, if Reiji was killed in the plane crash, how & when was his brain data retrieved?

2) How did Reiji know the details of his death in 2013? Like he knew it will happen on the plane on the way to India. These 2 questions are probably easy for the writer to answer.

3) Reiji's brain data has been obliterated in 2113. How was he able to communicate from the future 2113, to the present, in ep 7?

4) Ando Lloyd was sent from 2113 to the present. But he was already around in 2066 as a soldier. Why does he look like Reiji? His friend, another soldier in action in 2066, was also sent from 2113 in ep 4. Why choose these androids to have the faces of renowned physicists from 2013? What happened to Reiji's friend? Was he killed / kidnapped in 2013? Anyway I hope the show explains the events between 2013 & 2066 that led up to the creation of these particular soldier-androids.

5) If the Last Queen is so powerful, why not just kill Lloyd & Asahi right away? Why did she send Laplace after Lloyd in ep 1 (rather than kill Asahi in the oozed out phase)?

6) How come Suppli helped Kadoshiro? It seems like as long as the data (memory) is there, these androids can be created ad infinitum.

7) In ep 9, what was the thunder / lightning thing that scared off the 2 androids?

Imja

Post by Imja » Dec 9th, '13, 22:35

I gave up on the show after episode ... is really worth watching ... i am a huge fan of KT but to much action

verbish

Post by verbish » Dec 14th, '13, 01:55

To Imja: If you are not into action or sci-fi, this probably isn't for you. But I am a big fan and I will miss this dorama when it's done :cry:

MisS Lonliah

Re: loving it still !!! but many lingering questions.

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 14th, '13, 18:07

@verbish
I agree with most of what you have wrote..
What I'm sure about even before watching the final episode, is that this drama will never be one of my fav dramas for sure..

My guess for your question # 6
verbish wrote:
6) How come Suppli helped Kadoshiro? It seems like as long as the data (memory) is there, these androids can be created ad infinitum.
They probably won't have time to explain that, but I guess his (data) was kept in the teddy so that he can be a spy(?) But her (emotions) changed him so he decided to help her. She was carrying him the whole time so he watched how much she's thoughtful and helpful.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 20th, '13, 20:02

Final Episode
Not even close to average. The end of the story seemed too dull . It felt like the screenwriter was like "I'm the one who wrote it, so I can mess up as much as I want".
Feeling bad for Kimutaku, hoping for a better upcoming project for him to delete the failure of this drama from his drama history.

narsha1000

Post by narsha1000 » Dec 20th, '13, 21:34

I pretty like it after all, very entertaining.

Skywolf

Post by Skywolf » Dec 22nd, '13, 08:48

MisS Lonliah wrote:Final Episode
Not even close to average. The end of the story seemed too dull . It felt like the screenwriter was like "I'm the one who wrote it, so I can mess up as much as I want".
Feeling bad for Kimutaku, hoping for a better upcoming project for him to delete the failure of this drama from his drama history.

You're Right!! Too Much Unanswered Questions!! wish they make a special episode!!

funderfurby

Post by funderfurby » Dec 31st, '13, 02:09

What a great ending, good as any SF anywhere and with real heart.

anneinnagaoka

Post by anneinnagaoka » Jan 8th, '14, 20:57

Disappointing overall. Hope Kimura Takuya gets something better next time.
Despite not thinking this was very good, I still cried at the ending - so feeling a bit ashamed that I'm so easily manipulated.
Was confused by the very, very last scene though (but I doubt there's a great, satisfying explanation).

Better projects for Kimura onegai!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 13th, '14, 19:24

anneinnagaoka wrote:Disappointing overall. Hope Kimura Takuya gets something better next time.
Despite not thinking this was very good, I still cried at the ending - so feeling a bit ashamed that I'm so easily manipulated.
Was confused by the very, very last scene though (but I doubt there's a great, satisfying explanation).

Better projects for Kimura onegai!
I totally agree!
The most confusing thing about the last scene would be, what about his body?? Is he going to live in Lloyd's body forever??!

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Jan 13th, '14, 19:45

I love Kou but another person strikes me the most is Kiritani Mirei, for me her acting here is quite good, I like her holding a katana so cool.

well I guess there will be a special since they show on the last scene that the title's "?" becomes "!!" (becomes 2), well.....

DarkWarrior

Post by DarkWarrior » Jan 15th, '14, 18:39

I don't think there will be a special. The drama was very expensive to make yet had disappointing ratings, especially considering how well Hanzawa Naoki did previously (same time slot). Honestly I wouldn't want to see a more of Ando Lloyd anyways seeing how much a mess the story became. Just bury it and move on, hopefully Kimura Takuya hops on a better drama next time.

anneinnagaoka

Post by anneinnagaoka » Jan 15th, '14, 19:09

I don't think that there will be a special either - if they couldn't make a special for Mr Brain with the fine setup they had at the end, I don't think they'll make one for this mess based on two exclamation points...

Also, was anyone else if not shocked, at least confused by the language Ando Lloyd? It seemed weird that the androids liked to use the f*** word so much. I know that the Japanese are keen on inappropriate use of swear words - I once watched a tv show for toddlers where the presenter wore a t-shirt reading 'Motherf***ers' which was an interesting choice, but it seemed odd for a 9pm Kimutaku drama to include so much swearing.

It did make me laugh that half the time I wouldn't have realised what they were saying except for the subtitles because the pronunciation was so bad! :lol

Watanuki

Post by Watanuki » Feb 8th, '14, 16:34

So I pretty much ran through this drama over 2 days, & I just wanted to add my comments.

I totally agree with the swearing--what was the point with that, I wonder? it's not as if the swearing was done at an appropriate time...it's like a person who is smiling & seemingly happy all of a sudden swearing just with one word. it didn't seem called for.

also, I can't help but notice that whenever Kimura's character fell down/over, I am reminded of Mel Gibson's performance of Hamlet. it had the same feel to it.

lastly, while others may not have been terribly interested in this show, I found myself liking it, in spite of the inconsistencies. it's a sci-fi show. it's hard to explain everything, & some things just have to be accepted on faith. True, Kimura could have taken a better role, but it wasn't THAT bad.

I don't think there will be a special either. I certainly wouldn't mind if there was one though...

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Feb 8th, '14, 18:17

Watched the first two episodes with pain in my eyes - the story is more than trash. I can't understand why Kimutaku and Shibasaki are in this B-, or let's say C-quality drama... I think i have to stop watching this drama, although it's with some of the best actor. Can't believe it. Disappointing, very disappointing...

JackBauer2424

Re: [Discussion] ANDO-LLOYD: ~A.I. Knows Love?~

Post by JackBauer2424 » Jul 11th, '15, 01:31

Didn't really like this series even though it had live action Dragon Ball Z type battles.

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 26th, '15, 05:16

The story line was interesting to read but half way through felt corny.
The special effects was great. A lot of new pretty eye candies too.

If not for Takuya Kimura and Kou Shibasaki, I believe some of the actors
deserves more recognition for their performance.

Yuko Oshima who played Nanase Matsushima, sister to Reiji Matsushima
really had me fooled as a naive innocent baby sister. She really potrayed
her character well with multiple personalities.

Sayaka Yamaguchi carried her role well, looking way younger than
her real age. And funny how Tsubasa Honda came to save the day.

I am also grateful for the producers who introduced the works of
Oda Kazumasa - Woh Woh ! now I Know Love.

ChaleChangZambarau

Post by ChaleChangZambarau » Jun 12th, '17, 02:04

I loved this drama. I dig sci-fi so the synopsis along with the leads drew me in and the episodes kept my interest. 8)