[Discussion] Gochisousan

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

[Discussion] Gochisousan

Post by salparadise » Oct 18th, '13, 05:07

Image

Congratulations to Gochisousan for already hitting a higher viewership than any single episode of Amachan. Wed (10/17) episode hit 27.3% in it's 15th episode!!! Je je je??!!

For reference, Amachan's highest episode was #145 which hit 27% even. Considering how popular Amachan is on here, I'm surprised no one picked up this drama for English translation, as I'm the only one uploading episodes on here. If no one is going to do it, then I will by myself if there's enough interest. Respond if you are interested in this drama, or an English sub project. Thanks!!!

And again, congratulations to Anne and Taizo on this great drama :thumleft:

anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 144
Joined: Feb 20th, '10, 23:31

Post by anolibb » Oct 18th, '13, 06:52

I love this one so far!! It's really fresh and uplifting. And Anne is so pretty in the opening! :)

I hope you will upload the upcoming episodes. This is my first asadora, but so far it's very promising.

Thanks for showing this one to me. Without you I wouldn't even have realised about Anne being in it...

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 18th, '13, 07:19

I agree. She's pretty great in this. Taizo is also really good. He's a member from the comedy group Neptune. He's really funny on the show Shabekuri 007 (the show is pretty good as long as they have a fun guest on. If not, the show is kinda boring).

Anyway, yeah, Anne does a wonderful job. It's pretty obvious that she takes after her father Watanabe Ken in the acting department :)

User avatar
purisu
Posts: 295
Joined: Dec 21st, '12, 04:57

Post by purisu » Oct 18th, '13, 07:46

I watch this everyday and so far I enjoyed it even though I only can understand about 50 % of the dialogue. Not a fan of Anne but she's good in here (and the child actress who play the child version of her also did a good acting!), and Higashide Masahiro is super adorable. And as Shabekuri fan, I really happy to see Taizo in this series. It will be nice if I can watch this series with english subs :)

anolibb
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 144
Joined: Feb 20th, '10, 23:31

Post by anolibb » Oct 18th, '13, 07:59

They did manage to pull the cast off well so far!! I liked the way Higashide Masahiro's character was introduced too, it was very entertaining. And Taizo's acting makes his character very easy to relate to, really good. I haven't seen him in comedy, but I am sure he has the right attitude for it.

I am glad Anne followed his father's steps, hopefully the ratings of the show will keep good and she'll be one more step closer to the "best scripts only" acting world :D

Where can you check the ratings for Asadora?

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 19th, '13, 02:16

Well, usually you can check them on the Japanese wikipedia page for the drama. I just happened to see the article when I was browsing some Japanese news and thought I would pass it along.

Also, it seems like the demand for English subs are pretty low, so I don't think it's worth the amount of time I would have to put in (since it's only me and I'm not a part of a group) to do the project. Maybe if the demand grows, but so far this has been up a couple days now and only has about 150 views and only a couple responses.

In any case, I'll continue to upload the episodes on a weekly basis. Enjoy!

User avatar
Docnty
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 1st, '13, 23:06

Post by Docnty » Oct 19th, '13, 02:41

I'd be interested watching with Eng subs...

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 19th, '13, 08:05

After having watched Japanese dramas and films for a lot of years, I lost a bit of interest in watching non-top. Now I only pick those who I really feel that I will finish until the end (like Jin&2, Kaseifu no Mita, Hanzawa Naoki... it's been a drama per year almost now).

But as I never watched an Asadora, I tried to see what it was and I loved it. I watched Ohisama and Gegege no Nyobo, I'm currently watching Amachan and I started Oshin. After I finish Amachan I will watch Carnation and Umechan sensei. I only watch Asadoras post-Gegege no Nyobo because it's more recent and the quality is better, except Oshin, because it's a legend and monster-ratings and also because Gegege no Nyobo helped to regain the great status of an Asadora, and so because of that, Asadoras that came after it have had great ratings.

Gouchisousan seems to be very intretaining. Anyone can tell me a more detailed synopsis of the story? Ohh which period the drama takes place?
The period is very important to me, because I've been watching regular dramas all this years and I never got hold on WWII pre&post period kind-of drama, but Asadoras have them!!! I thought Amachan was one as well, it was a shock and I thought to drop it but since I'm at episode 50, I will finish it until the end.

czaffni
Posts: 56
Joined: Jun 17th, '09, 20:32
Location: Hungary

Post by czaffni » Oct 19th, '13, 09:19

I'm also interested in the english subs of this show because I love asadoras so much and this one looks good! Thanks for the effort! :D

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 19th, '13, 09:47

Kathia,
I'm pretty similar to you. There's so much out there that most of it is just not very good (very much like American TV). Hanzawa, Legal High, and Kodoku no Gurume are about the only ones I've watched this year. I tried Amachan, but it got too boring for me once they got into all the Yui-Aki-Senpai love triangle drama. I've watched a bit now and then throughout the rest of the series since my wife is watching all the episodes, but it didn't hold my interest in the long run.

So far, I'm enjoying Gochisousan a lot more. I enjoy the period more (end of meiji era up to end of WWII) and as I've said before, I'm a Harada Taizo fan, which is the only reason I started this drama anyway. I like Anne, but I wouldn't watch a drama just for her. The story is basically of a chef who owns a small French restaurant at the end of the Meiji era (1911). It's pretty cool since he's trying to be strictly French (no rice, no chop sticks!) and makes lots of extravagant French dishes for high class clientele (everyone looks like Natsume Soseki imo, haha)

Anyway, I don't want to say too much of the story, but Anne is the chef's daughter who grows up LOVING food and doing just about anything for it. I'm hoping there's enough to sustain the show for the length of an Asadora, but we'll see. After the first 2 weeks though, it seems pretty solid. Give it a chance, I think the first week will definitely have you hooked! :D
Last edited by salparadise on Oct 19th, '13, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

narsha1000
Posts: 370
Joined: Mar 27th, '12, 14:38
Location: France

Post by narsha1000 » Oct 19th, '13, 09:48

I would like to have eng sub also, I love Anne so much...

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 19th, '13, 23:15

salparadise wrote:Kathia,
I'm pretty similar to you. There's so much out there that most of it is just not very good (very much like American TV). Hanzawa, Legal High, and Kodoku no Gurume are about the only ones I've watched this year. I tried Amachan, but it got too boring for me once they got into all the Yui-Aki-Senpai love triangle drama. I've watched a bit now and then throughout the rest of the series since my wife is watching all the episodes, but it didn't hold my interest in the long run.

So far, I'm enjoying Gochisousan a lot more. I enjoy the period more (end of meiji era up to end of WWII) and as I've said before, I'm a Harada Taizo fan, which is the only reason I started this drama anyway. I like Anne, but I wouldn't watch a drama just for her. The story is basically of a chef who owns a small French restaurant at the end of the Meiji era (1911). It's pretty cool since he's trying to be strictly French (no rice, no chop sticks!) and makes lots of extravagant French dishes for high class clientele (everyone looks like Natsume Soseki imo, haha)

Anyway, I don't want to say too much of the story, but Anne is the chef's daughter who grows up LOVING food and doing just about anything for it. I'm hoping there's enough to sustain the show for the length of an Asadora, but we'll see. After the first 2 weeks though, it seems pretty solid. Give it a chance, I think the first week will definitely have you hooked! :D
Thank you salparadise for your explanation. It seems to be very interesting, I always love the food parts from dramas, I loved watching Fumie cook in Gegege no Nyobo, and I liked the soba (or was it Udon? I can't recall) from Ohisama. BUT Gochisousan is mainly about food which is great IMO AND its a period!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

I'm just like you on Amachan, when I knew it was not a period, I was going to drop it, but I watched a little bit at the begining and I really liked the Ama part of the story, even though it was from this "jidai", it was very traditonal and nostalgic those Ama scenes, but then it came the senpai love triangle and the idol stuff and I lost some interest and after that I read that the Idol thing is to keep going (and to Tokyo, meh) and so I even lost more interest (if there was any left). I would loved to see more of the Tohoku stuff and more deep scenes on the Ama. Pity. In the end, I finally decided to drop Amachan, really pity, it was so good at the start...

blue_typhoon
Posts: 31
Joined: May 24th, '12, 04:02

Post by blue_typhoon » Oct 20th, '13, 00:27

I would like to see this subbed too please. :)

Sorry for the off-topic but there is talk about Amachan here, too.
I liked it and finished it in the end, and feel the need to defend it so...
as the subber had said, which I agree, "It's not about just being an Ama, an idol or that love thing with Senpai... the story is bigger than that." something like that. It would help if you look at the big picture and not the details here and there. And if you just stick to finish it, you'll also see that one of the main points of this asadora is forgiveness like what this article said:
http://mainichi.jp/english/english/pers ... 1000c.html

but to each his own, i guess :-)

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 20th, '13, 02:44

Well, there isn't really a need to "defend" a drama because 2 people say they didn't care for it. Reading a blog from someone else isn't really going to change my view of the drama either. I'm fully aware that the love triangle wasn't a huge part of the story or the main "theme" so to speak. It's just that for some people, it's quite frankly just not interesting. Once they went with the whole idol/Tokyo route, I knew I wasn't going to continue watching,. If the content doesn't interest me, then it doesn't matter what the "bigger picture" is, I'm not going to stick with it.

I also prefer time pieces more than current day drama (seeing just small things in Gochisousan like tomatoes being referred to as "red eggplants" because they weren't a common food then, or seeing beer labels as "ru-bi" because back then everything was still written from right to left, even words in katakana). For some people, it was great and for others, not so much. If you enjoyed it, that's great, but I don't think you should be somehow implying that we didn't get the drama just because we didn't like it.

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 20th, '13, 07:22

blue_typhoon you don't need to be like that, salparadise is right, just because it wasn't interesting doesn't mean we didn't like it, it probably happened to you too (a drama that was good but wasn't interesting anymore and so didn't watch until the end). There's no need to "defend" it, we're just sharing opinions, not hateful comments about Amachan itself.

Actually, the discussion that me and salparadise had about Amachan is here, because we're comparing Amachan and Gochisousan with the things that are interesting to us and the things that aren't.
If we decide to discuss Amachan "only", we'll go to it's thread. ;)

User avatar
gz2009
Posts: 48
Joined: Feb 18th, '10, 08:18

Re: [Discussion] Gochisousan

Post by gz2009 » Oct 20th, '13, 07:40

salparadise wrote:
Congratulations to Gochisousan for already hitting a higher viewership than any single episode of Amachan. Wed (10/17) episode hit 27.3% in it's 15th episode!!! Je je je??!!

For reference, Amachan's highest episode was #145 which hit 27% even. Considering how popular Amachan is on here, I'm surprised no one picked up this drama for English translation, as I'm the only one uploading episodes on here. If no one is going to do it, then I will by myself if there's enough interest. Respond if you are interested in this drama, or an English sub project. Thanks!!!

And again, congratulations to Anne and Taizo on this great drama :thumleft:
I am definitely interested if you are going to sub this.

himaori ne
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 1st, '06, 15:06
Location: Singapore

Post by himaori ne » Oct 21st, '13, 18:09

Finally, there is a topic for Gochisousan. I was looking forward to this asadora way before it was aired. I also followed Amachan but dropped when they focused on the idol thingy. The asadoras that I have watched fully were Churasan and Ohisama, especially Ohisama coz I love the chemistry of the cast.

Though I did not understand what they were talking in Gochisousan, I watch it everyday on F2C website. I really like Nishikado and Meiko's interaction.

That would be great if this asadora is subbed.

birtman
Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 8th, '07, 22:24
Location: California

Post by birtman » Oct 21st, '13, 18:54

I would definitely love this drama to be subbed. It's the first asadora I'm watching with my sister, and we're both just guessing what's happening.
Be excellent to each other. ~ Bill & Ted

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 21st, '13, 20:27

Ok, thanks for everyone's response so far. I got the HD Raws* (with no Chinese subs), so I'll start subbing the episodes and uploading the raws with English subs as I complete them.

*Thanks to Avallac'h and VampireXxX !! :)

I must say that after 3 weeks, I'm absolutely loving this show. Of course I'm a sucker for foodie doramas (Kodoku no Gurume and Shinya Shokudo rank among my favs). I hope I can help spread the love to non-Japanese speakers as well!! ^_^
Last edited by salparadise on Oct 22nd, '13, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
inlovewithmaki
Posts: 96
Joined: Mar 19th, '11, 23:00

Post by inlovewithmaki » Oct 22nd, '13, 00:37

I'm interested

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 22nd, '13, 08:07

salparadise wrote:Ok, thanks for everyone's response so far. I got the HD Raws* (with no Chinese subs), so I'll start subbing the episodes and uploading the raws with English subs as I complete them.

*Thanks to Avallac'h and VampireXxX !! :)

I must say that after 3 weeks, I'm absolutely loving this show. Of course I'm a sucker for foodie doramas (Kodoku no Gurume and Shinya Shokudo rank among my favs). I hope I can help spread the love to non-Japanese speakers as well!! ^_^
OH MY GOD :w00t: THANK YOU SO MUCH :wub:

I started Carnation (which is good by the way, to bad there isn't a discuss here about that Asadora), and after I finish it I thought I would start Umechan Sensei BUT Gochisousan looks so interesting and fun AND FOOD (I loved food-related shows), so I'll watch it after Carnation. Ohhh It looks promising :mrgreen:

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 22nd, '13, 08:47

I'm glad to hear you are interested. I just got the raws and did the first episode just now. I'll try to do a couple each day to catch up since I'm 3 weeks behind!! Should be able to get Week 1 up on here by Thursday or Friday.

Also, my Japanese should be good enough, but bear with me as I've never done a subbing project before and it's only me. Feel free to give any constructive feedback after I upload the first week :)

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 982
Joined: Jan 11th, '09, 08:52
Location: Coffin

Post by VampireXxX » Oct 22nd, '13, 13:19

Thank you for picking this dorama :cheers:

I really want to see this :mrgreen:

gokurousama deshita :salut:

himaori ne
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 1st, '06, 15:06
Location: Singapore

Post by himaori ne » Oct 22nd, '13, 13:26

salparadise wrote:I'm glad to hear you are interested. I just got the raws and did the first episode just now. I'll try to do a couple each day to catch up since I'm 3 weeks behind!! Should be able to get Week 1 up on here by Thursday or Friday.

Also, my Japanese should be good enough, but bear with me as I've never done a subbing project before and it's only me. Feel free to give any constructive feedback after I upload the first week :)
Just take your time. This asadora is a long project so you do not need to rush it. I'm happy and grateful enough that you've decided to sub it. Thanks so much.

tinytfans
Posts: 15
Joined: Oct 22nd, '13, 13:42
Location: Indonesia

Post by tinytfans » Oct 22nd, '13, 14:17

salparadise wrote:Ok, thanks for everyone's response so far. I got the HD Raws* (with no Chinese subs), so I'll start subbing the episodes and uploading the raws with English subs as I complete them.

*Thanks to Avallac'h and VampireXxX !! :)

I must say that after 3 weeks, I'm absolutely loving this show. Of course I'm a sucker for foodie doramas (Kodoku no Gurume and Shinya Shokudo rank among my favs). I hope I can help spread the love to non-Japanese speakers as well!! ^_^
I'm interested. I've been waiting for 3 weeks. Thank you for taking the time for subbing this. :D

beailoveyou
Posts: 231
Joined: Oct 7th, '10, 16:58
Location: Sunshiny Pearl of the Orient
Contact:
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Oct 22nd, '13, 14:31

Will start watching this after I'm finished with Amachan!!! Looks really promising though! :wub:

StayIcy
Posts: 10
Joined: Jun 7th, '12, 14:01
Location: Singapore

Post by StayIcy » Oct 23rd, '13, 15:40

salparadise wrote:Ok, thanks for everyone's response so far. I got the HD Raws* (with no Chinese subs), so I'll start subbing the episodes and uploading the raws with English subs as I complete them.

*Thanks to Avallac'h and VampireXxX !! :)

I must say that after 3 weeks, I'm absolutely loving this show. Of course I'm a sucker for foodie doramas (Kodoku no Gurume and Shinya Shokudo rank among my favs). I hope I can help spread the love to non-Japanese speakers as well!! ^_^
I'm interested too! I can understand a little Japanese and I'm loving this show so far! :wub: I'm gonna recommend this drama to my friends who don't understand Japanese. It would be awesome if there's English subtitles available.

Thank you so much for willing to spend your time on subbing Gochisousan! :cheers:

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 23rd, '13, 19:23

No problem. Week one should be up by Friday or Saturday. I can do about an episode a day or two episodes on my days off of work. Please recommend it :) it's a great show so far!!

StayIcy
Posts: 10
Joined: Jun 7th, '12, 14:01
Location: Singapore

Post by StayIcy » Oct 24th, '13, 12:12

salparadise wrote:No problem. Week one should be up by Friday or Saturday. I can do about an episode a day or two episodes on my days off of work. Please recommend it :) it's a great show so far!!
That's great to hear! It's so much easier to convince (force?) my friends to watch when there's actual English subbed video where they can try out to see if they like it. :mrgreen:

User avatar
j_halo7
Posts: 374
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 06:04
Location: Singapore

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 24th, '13, 12:41

salparadise wrote:I'm glad to hear you are interested. I just got the raws and did the first episode just now. I'll try to do a couple each day to catch up since I'm 3 weeks behind!! Should be able to get Week 1 up on here by Thursday or Friday.

Also, my Japanese should be good enough, but bear with me as I've never done a subbing project before and it's only me. Feel free to give any constructive feedback after I upload the first week :)
I'm so glad you decided to sub this drama! I love dramas about food so I was looking forward to this drama.

But I'm very bad at finishing dramas because I lose interest halfway so I'll have to restrain myself and only start watching when it has been completely subbed.

Thank you in advance for subbing this drama. :salut:
Now watching: Too many to count. XD

User avatar
VampireXxX
Posts: 982
Joined: Jan 11th, '09, 08:52
Location: Coffin

Post by VampireXxX » Oct 24th, '13, 14:10

salparadise wrote:No problem. Week one should be up by Friday or Saturday. I can do about an episode a day or two episodes on my days off of work. Please recommend it :) it's a great show so far!!
My friends and me are waiting patiently :mrgreen:

otsukare :salut:

frankch001
Posts: 69
Joined: Mar 1st, '12, 00:16
United States of America

Post by frankch001 » Oct 24th, '13, 19:52

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to it. (Love watching food related programing - only drawback is watching it while hungry and driving all over town to find it)

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 26th, '13, 00:13

Anyone know where to find Japanese subs for Episode 6? It's the only one missing on jpsubber. Having to copy and then time from the YYeTs hardcode would be a REAL pain. Any help would be great so I can upload the first week sooner rather than later. Thanks!!

hopeful_colour
Posts: 13
Joined: Jun 26th, '12, 08:31

Post by hopeful_colour » Oct 26th, '13, 04:19

salparadise wrote:Anyone know where to find Japanese subs for Episode 6? It's the only one missing on jpsubber. Having to copy and then time from the YYeTs hardcode would be a REAL pain. Any help would be great so I can upload the first week sooner rather than later. Thanks!!
I don't know any website other than that, but I could help you to type the japanese sentences from ep 6 or help you to translate it. I don't know how to do 'timing' and neither english nor japanese is my native but I hope it could help somehow.

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 26th, '13, 05:14

Thanks. I appreciate your offer. I'm not concerned about my translation abilities. It's just the timing is the real pain. Basically I just watch the show and translate the Japanese from the jpsubber files. That way I don't have to mess at all with the timing. Without that though, it means I have to try to put the times in for every line. Oh well, nothing else I can do about it if there isn't a .srt for the episode around somewhere.

I just was hoping the .srt was up on jpsubber in the past and maybe someone grabbed it before it went down. If not, then I'll be busy, haha. First 5 episodes are done, just need to do 6 so I can upload week 1.

hopeful_colour
Posts: 13
Joined: Jun 26th, '12, 08:31

Post by hopeful_colour » Oct 26th, '13, 06:36

salparadise wrote:Thanks. I appreciate your offer. I'm not concerned about my translation abilities. It's just the timing is the real pain. Basically I just watch the show and translate the Japanese from the jpsubber files. That way I don't have to mess at all with the timing. Without that though, it means I have to try to put the times in for every line. Oh well, nothing else I can do about it if there isn't a .srt for the episode around somewhere.

I just was hoping the .srt was up on jpsubber in the past and maybe someone grabbed it before it went down. If not, then I'll be busy, haha. First 5 episodes are done, just need to do 6 so I can upload week 1.
Is that so? I just thought that you hate it because there maybe lots of kanji and you must need to look it up. It takes time and troubesome once you can't copy. I can't help if it's about timing.

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 26th, '13, 08:12

Yeah, it's pretty much just the timing that's well...timeconsuming, haha. It takes me maybe an hour to translate an episode, so that's not too bad. But, I haven't had to do timing on any of them yet, and that's gotta be a real pain to do for each line. Oh well...I don't see it online anywhere and YYeTs only has it hardcoded. Thanks anyway though!! :)

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 26th, '13, 10:15

Wow such an hardwork, I'm unfamiliar with subbing videos, so I can't help ;_;
It must be tough to do it all alone.

himaori ne
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 1st, '06, 15:06
Location: Singapore

Post by himaori ne » Oct 27th, '13, 13:29

salparadise wrote:Yeah, it's pretty much just the timing that's well...timeconsuming, haha. It takes me maybe an hour to translate an episode, so that's not too bad. But, I haven't had to do timing on any of them yet, and that's gotta be a real pain to do for each line. Oh well...I don't see it online anywhere and YYeTs only has it hardcoded. Thanks anyway though!! :)
Can you use aegisub?
I can do the timing of ep 6 for you. It's just that I don't know much Japanese. If it's possible, you can give me the link to download ep 6 raw then I can start timing.

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 27th, '13, 17:18

Thanks for the offer. Already got it though . Just cleaning translations up and should be uploading soon!!

himaori ne
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 1st, '06, 15:06
Location: Singapore

Post by himaori ne » Oct 27th, '13, 23:18

salparadise wrote:Thanks for the offer. Already got it though . Just cleaning translations up and should be uploading soon!!
That's great. Looking forward to your release.

Thanks for your hard work.

User avatar
salparadise
Posts: 69
Joined: Sep 2nd, '10, 09:20

Post by salparadise » Oct 28th, '13, 08:51

Week one English subs are available.

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 29th, '13, 22:52

Ahhh I tried to wait until it was subbed (150 eps), but the curiosity was so BIG that I couldn't wait any longer. I watched the first week subbed and I LOVED it!!! I'm now watching 3 asadoras at the same time, Carnation, Oshin and Gochisousan, at least I won't suffer that much while waiting for more episodes since I have other asadoras to finish as well.

Thank you so much for your hard work!!! I truly mean it!!!!

ooijanice
Posts: 94
Joined: May 9th, '04, 12:16

Post by ooijanice » Oct 30th, '13, 01:59

I would also like to add my thanks for your harwork and also your generosity it sharing it here.
Looking forward to your subs.... thanks again.

selma26
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 14th, '13, 12:34

Post by selma26 » Nov 1st, '13, 16:44

I'm a big fan of Masahiro Higashide ( :wub: ) and I really never thought that I would get to watch this drama so thank you very much for sharing this.
this drama turned out to be much better than I expected ( now I'm actually watching it for the story hhh ) anne's acting is so much better than in her previous dramas
keep up the good work and thaaaaaaaaak you so much again :cheers:

has episode 4 already been broadcast or not yet ?

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Nov 2nd, '13, 21:09

Gochisousan is proving to be a huge hit already, the episodes always go above 20%. The last episode on Saturday did an amazing 24.3% ratings.

Congratulations to the cast and prodution staff!!!

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Nov 4th, '13, 02:35

Planning to check this asadora out soon after I finish Amachan. Congratulations on the great ratings! :salut:

thehibiscus
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 14th, '07, 09:23
Location: In a Cupcake

Post by thehibiscus » Dec 27th, '13, 06:51

Does anybody know whether the uploader is planning to continue uploading the series?

omochiwokudasai
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 23rd, '14, 23:19

Post by omochiwokudasai » Jan 23rd, '14, 23:20

Ehy guys, I was wondering: is there any chance to get the Japanese subtitles somewhere? :)

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sep 12th, '11, 23:40
Location: Northern California
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Jan 24th, '14, 00:18

omochiwokudasai wrote:Ehy guys, I was wondering: is there any chance to get the Japanese subtitles somewhere? :)
Just do a Search. There are Chinese and Japanese hard subbed 1280x720 readily available.


:|

omochiwokudasai
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 23rd, '14, 23:19

Post by omochiwokudasai » Jan 25th, '14, 11:55

dhisashi wrote:
omochiwokudasai wrote:Ehy guys, I was wondering: is there any chance to get the Japanese subtitles somewhere? :)
Just do a Search. There are Chinese and Japanese hard subbed 1280x720 readily available.


:|
Thank you very much!
I did a search actually before posting this but I wasn't able to find anything.
I'll try again right now

I'm really sorry if i've bothered someone with my request, I'll try to do by myself for the next time ;)

Again, thank you very much!

benjamnkleins
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 19th, '14, 14:44

Post by benjamnkleins » Feb 20th, '14, 12:57

why salparadise has stopped the translation he's dead ?

y0ssy
Posts: 228
Joined: Nov 2nd, '09, 09:52

Post by y0ssy » Feb 20th, '14, 14:19

omochiwokudasai wrote:
dhisashi wrote:
omochiwokudasai wrote:Ehy guys, I was wondering: is there any chance to get the Japanese subtitles somewhere? :)
Just do a Search. There are Chinese and Japanese hard subbed 1280x720 readily available.


:|
Thank you very much!
I did a search actually before posting this but I wasn't able to find anything.
I'll try again right now

I'm really sorry if i've bothered someone with my request, I'll try to do by myself for the next time ;)

Again, thank you very much!
JPsubbers Path: /ごちそうさん

omochiwokudasai
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 23rd, '14, 23:19

Post by omochiwokudasai » Feb 26th, '14, 15:29

y0ssy wrote:
omochiwokudasai wrote:
dhisashi wrote: Just do a Search. There are Chinese and Japanese hard subbed 1280x720 readily available.


:|
Thank you very much!
I did a search actually before posting this but I wasn't able to find anything.
I'll try again right now

I'm really sorry if i've bothered someone with my request, I'll try to do by myself for the next time ;)

Again, thank you very much!
JPsubbers Path: /ごちそうさん

Wow thank you :) missing just the 6th one but it's ok :)

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Feb 26th, '14, 19:16

Hopefully with the japanese subs and timers, someone who's capable in Japanese could retake this project. I really hope so. My japanese is poor, if I knew it fluently I could sub.
If anyone is willing to give translations, I will probably do it, poorly, but better than nothing^^

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Mar 2nd, '14, 17:31

I'm so confused, can anyone help me?
Yuutaro's mother passed away when a house went on fire, that's way its his motivation to build a better place in Osaka. But when he and Meiko arrive Osaka, there's a lady she call Okasan, and he said she is his mother. How come? Is that lady, the second wife of his brother? Can someone explain to me please?

User avatar
hype8750
Posts: 82
Joined: Apr 10th, '12, 02:52

Post by hype8750 » Mar 2nd, '14, 18:26

kathia_sophia wrote:I'm so confused, can anyone help me?
Yuutaro's mother passed away when a house went on fire, that's way its his motivation to build a better place in Osaka. But when he and Meiko arrive Osaka, there's a lady she call Okasan, and he said she is his mother. How come? Is that lady, the second wife of his brother? Can someone explain to me please?
Shizu-san (mother) is the second wife of Yutoro's father. I think it were meant to be "father" instead of "brother" in the subs.

User avatar
dhisashi
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sep 12th, '11, 23:40
Location: Northern California
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Mar 2nd, '14, 19:11

kathia_sophia wrote:Hopefully with the japanese subs and timers, someone who's capable in Japanese could retake this project. I really hope so. My japanese is poor, if I knew it fluently I could sub.
If anyone is willing to give translations, I will probably do it, poorly, but better than nothing^^
I know that you already know this but "Tails" has been nice enough to pick up the subbing.

For others that may not know Tails new thread is here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_p1651932.htm

:-)

User avatar
Tails
Posts: 61
Joined: Feb 27th, '14, 14:32
Location: Australia

Post by Tails » Mar 3rd, '14, 08:28

Sorry, I made a mistake! I will fix and re-upload.
It was meant to say that the mother is the second wife and the children aren't hers. Nothing about a brother.

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Mar 3rd, '14, 17:30

Ah I see, thank you for the information.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests