[Discussion] Arisu no Toge

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
vege-okonomiyaki

[Discussion] Arisu no Toge

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Apr 6th, '14, 00:56

New Japanese show starring Ueno Juri, Nakamura Aoi, Joe Odagiri, Naoki Tanaka, Omi Toshinori, Nakamura Baijaku.
(TBS, 10pm Fridays from April 11 2014)

Official page: http://www.tbs.co.jp/alice2014/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/alice_tbs

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alice2014.tbs

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/alicenotoge ... kILveyGgPQ

Show synopsis (YouTube): https://t.co/x2xGBMGSpp

Articles:
DoramaWorld: http://doramaworld.blogspot.com.au/2014 ... -2014.html

Cinema Today http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0060793
Last edited by vege-okonomiyaki on Apr 6th, '14, 01:11, edited 2 times in total.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Apr 6th, '14, 01:08

Various other links for YouTube videos (compiled from Juri Ueno D-Addicts page, thanks original posters!):

First episode promo:
http://t.co/0XbphRyKcU

Short interview with Ueno Juri:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs3cg3hHEjw

First Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs3cg3hHEjw

Behind the Scenes photoshoot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sz6cIxqSC0
Last edited by vege-okonomiyaki on Apr 7th, '14, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

GokaiGold

Post by GokaiGold » Apr 6th, '14, 02:33

*bookmark it and added to the watch list*

can't wait to see this drama soon!

am00339

Post by am00339 » Apr 6th, '14, 03:08

looking forward to it :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 6th, '14, 04:52

Thanks for starting the thread! :salut:

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Apr 6th, '14, 09:54

I keep an eye on.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Apr 11th, '14, 23:24

delilah28

Post by delilah28 » Apr 12th, '14, 03:48

Any news who will be subbing this?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 13th, '14, 07:21

I hope someone will pick this up soon. I saw the longer trailer...and her character is so dark!
Awesome 8)

Will watch the first episode tonight even without subs hehe...

WOW....just WOW

I watched the first epi and it was great. Filled with suspense and some thriller-like scenes. Ueno Juri does amazing job so far for her role. I never expected it to be this dark! Really enjoyed the 1st epi.
I like the flow of the first episode. Everything moves quite fast...like 10 mins into the show, we already get to see Asumi's dark side and the past she endured, that made her who she is now. I also like the interaction between her and Joe Odagiri's character, Nishikado. I especially love the sakura scene where they met. Those slow-mo :thumright: Also, Nishikado knows her in the past so having a new name and identity, Asumi's trying to avoid contact with him, but Nishikado seems to have taken some interest in her. I wonder if they might go for some romance in the later part of the show? :lol

As for the thriller-like sequences, I thought for sure she was gonna kill Ebisu in the first 10 mins lol, that was quite shocking. Gosh...I just love her character. It's not a 100% protagonist and yet, we want her to win.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 13th, '14, 16:06

watching this after google translated on jap sub LOL. This drama is beyond my expectation... if i compare it with Maou or Saki, this one i think the way more intense which why i like :wub: really pray for translation :-D
avieamber wrote:
I like the flow of the first episode. Everything moves quite fast...like 10 mins into the show, we already get to see Asumi's dark side and the past she endured, that made her who she is now. I also like the interaction between her and Joe Odagiri's character, Nishikado. I especially love the sakura scene where they met. Those slow-mo :thumright: Also, Nishikado knows her in the past so having a new name and identity, Asumi's trying to avoid contact with him, but Nishikado seems to have taken some interest in her. I wonder if they might go for some romance in the later part of the show? :lol

As for the thriller-like sequences, I thought for sure she was gonna kill Ebisu in the first 10 mins lol, that was quite shocking. Gosh...I just love her character. It's not a 100% protagonist and yet, we want her to win.
i agree with your point
the revenge went so quickly and she did not kill them (yet maybe)...still wonder how she going to shut up Ebisu's and Date's mouths so the revenge wont be ruined?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 14th, '14, 00:55

ailahai wrote: i agree with your point
the revenge went so quickly and she did not kill them (yet maybe)...still wonder how she going to shut up Ebisu's and Date's mouths so the revenge wont be ruined?
Yeah it was quicker than I expected.
I thought Date is one of the main villains in the drama judging from the trailer and assumed Asumi is just getting in and slowly finds out the truth about her father. Apparently, she knew from the beginning and has already plotted everything. Didn't expect she'd go for Date already in the first episode. I'm thinking how many villains in the show, the big one should be that professor I guess. I guess there are only 3 villains left? lol...

But that's the good thing about the first episode, we can't predict anything. I just hope the script won't lose steam in the future episodes...

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Apr 14th, '14, 04:21

Pilot episode got 14.2% viewership rating. (source)
I think it's pretty high for the time slot. :thumright: :thumleft:
I shall wait for the subs before watching although I'm curious to watch it raw. :lol

Thanks for the thread btw! :salut:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 14th, '14, 04:50

totally_0bsessed wrote:Pilot episode got 14.2% viewership rating. (source)
I shall wait for the subs before watching although I'm curious to watch it raw. :lol

Thats great! It's even higher than Mozu (13.3%) and BORDER (9.7%). I've yet to watch Mozu but I've seen BORDER and if I were to compare, I really prefer Alice over BORDER at the moment.

I wonder if Ueno Juri's return to drama after 3 years may have contributed to the rating :D

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 14th, '14, 05:00

avieamber wrote:Yeah it was quicker than I expected.
I thought Date is one of the main villains in the drama judging from the trailer and assumed Asumi is just getting in and slowly finds out the truth about her father. Apparently, she knew from the beginning and has already plotted everything. Didn't expect she'd go for Date already in the first episode. I'm thinking how many villains in the show, the big one should be that professor I guess. I guess there are only 3 villains left? lol...

But that's the good thing about the first episode, we can't predict anything. I just hope the script won't lose steam in the future episodes...
i guess the story just not about revenge only... but maybe some characters will appear to make Asami get on track, as she is doctor, so has follow the ethic of doctor to save the souls. To kill/hurt someone isn't right thing.

and first episode likely she didn't show any mercy to those doctor/nurse, didn't hesitate to do what she want... maybe as the story goes, some feeling (like feels sorry on those villains) will involved...probably

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Apr 14th, '14, 05:00

avieamber wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:Pilot episode got 14.2% viewership rating. (source)

Thats great! It's even higher than Mozu (13.3%) and BORDER (9.7%). I've yet to watch Mozu but I've seen BORDER and if I were to compare, I really prefer Alice over BORDER at the moment.

I wonder if Ueno Juri's return to drama after 3 years may have contributed to the rating :D
I haven't seen Mozu yet because I'm also waiting for the subs. lol I'll try to check out Border since the subs are already available but the plot doesn't interest me at all. :unsure:

I hope Juri-chan's return contributed to the ratings. I also hope that those viewers who tuned in to the first episode would be back for the next ones. *fingers crossed*
Last edited by totally_0bsessed on Apr 14th, '14, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 14th, '14, 05:01

i already fall in love with the soundtrack and ending song :D

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 14th, '14, 05:56

ailahai wrote:i already fall in love with the soundtrack and ending song :D
me too :D
It's very fitting ^^The BGM during Asumi and Nishikado's scene at the sakura tree was lovely too.
So in the next episode, we'll see her kidnap the spectacled sensei's daughter...I don't know whether I like this twisted character of Asumi or not but if that's the direction for now, I like it
:P

Seriously, someone needs to pick this drama up for subbing :-)

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Apr 14th, '14, 21:48

I couldn't resist and watched the raw. :lol

and WOW.
JURI-CHAAAAAN!!! I missed her so much! Her performance was splendid! THAT FIRST 1O-15 MINUTES WAS SO INTENSE. I loved that Asumi got a lot of things done in the first episode. I wonder how the other episodes will pan out.

Also, I loved Juri's chemistry with Odagiri Joe. That scene with the sakura was beautifully done. Also, I liked that he actually already confronted her about her past at the end. I was expecting a cat and mouse thing but I'm glad it didn't happen. Things were really unpredictable.

Although, I worry that the lines will be disappointing once it has been subbed. I also thought that the execution (confrontation with Date) at the end was a bit over the top. Hmm... let's see...
I hope this gets picked up by a subbing team asap. I'm excited to see it again. :lol

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Apr 15th, '14, 09:10

I didn't understand the details but if it doesn't fall into redundant paths it could be very interesting.
On the shallow: Juri-chan lookin' good! I've always liked her death-stares. :alcoholic:
totally_0bsessed wrote:
Also, I loved Juri's chemistry with Odagiri Joe. That scene with the sakura was beautifully done. Also, I liked that he actually already confronted her about her past at the end.
I don't know, she surely had chemistry with the bubbly nurse. Their brief exchange at the party was rather cozy. :lol :lol

I was surprised that she already went after 2 people. Looked like her preys will shift the blame to the next ones. Wonder how it will go on for 10 (?) episodes, I hope we will have different pacing and the flashbacks will reveal more each time and not fall to stagnation.

Tony09
Italy

Post by Tony09 » Apr 15th, '14, 09:28

If you look at the page of jdramafansub map, it is written that subie06 is working on this project. Let's hope so!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 15th, '14, 14:07

I like how it's fast-paced and things are unpredictable in the first episode. I hope there's some twist at the end of it if they're gonna pass the blame from one to another.
If subie06 is working on this drama, then great!

I can't wait for 2nd episode!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Apr 16th, '14, 00:45

7th-key wrote:
I don't know, she surely had chemistry with the bubbly nurse. Their brief exchange at the party was rather cozy. :lol :lol

I was surprised that she already went after 2 people. Looked like her preys will shift the blame to the next ones. Wonder how it will go on for 10 (?) episodes, I hope we will have different pacing and the flashbacks will reveal more each time and not fall to stagnation.
:lol :lol :lol
Maybe they plan to have it in two arcs? Have her revenge on the people in the first half and probably have another conflict for the latter half. :scratch: I really hope it won't fall to stagnation.
avieamber wrote: If subie06 is working on this drama, then great!

I can't wait for 2nd episode!
This is really good news! Yay! :cheers:

Ndosan7

Post by Ndosan7 » Apr 16th, '14, 08:02

I really love 1st episode..!! even i don't understand japanese yet still i was watching it RAW :lol looking forward to watching it with sub :)

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 16th, '14, 13:44

dekitta, sub for ep01

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 13#1660913

subie06 san, yoroshiku onegaishimasu :salut:

read interesting recap of epi 1 by Mr Jordau

http://helloheydays.com/alice-toge-epis ... cap#topbar

hype8750

Post by hype8750 » Apr 17th, '14, 08:18

Ending song PV : Taiyo to Hana

Anyone have any idea why Asumi seems like she's targeting Yuma (Nakamura Aoi)? I dont get why she's targeting the son too~

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 17th, '14, 09:08

hype8750 wrote:
Anyone have any idea why Asumi seems like she's targeting Yuma (Nakamura Aoi)? I dont get why she's targeting the son too~
i think she just want to get close to Yuma as step stone to get close to professor Bandai... like her revenge before... she will observe before play the revenge but still not kill anyone

hey9

Post by hey9 » Apr 18th, '14, 03:02

Yey revenge dramas! I haven't seen one in a while.
Agree about the great pacing. I usually dislike first episodes - they always make them extra long and (imo) end up being slow-paced and seeming like the writer creates filler scenes to make up for the length. This one didn't waste any time.

I don't like Ueno Juri that much but she's great here (also, her hair is on point lol). I think these types of characters fit her more naturally than Nodame Cantabile types. Her chemistry with Odagiri is already off to a very good start (smouldering haha). Cherry blossom scene was epic, like a really nice camera commercial. I wonder if he's that boy she was viewing sakuras with in the flashbacks? Even with Nakamura Aoi, his immediate liking to her doesn't seem tacked on.

Also surprised that they've dealt with Date so quickly. I wonder if they'll do 1 revenge per episode? That's quite a few.

My one criticism would be the engrish on the cards...eugh lol. So far we have "Liar of Humpthy Dumpthy" and "A Fool on the Death".

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Apr 18th, '14, 14:22

Sorry, the whole thing just irritated me. I don't mind the basic idea; but, to my mind, the way it was executed by the production staff was very poor.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 18th, '14, 23:06

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 19th, '14, 04:50

Just watched 2nd episode
Seems the pace has slowed down just a bit but it's still progressing faster than I thought. I seriously wonder how many people is she going to go after in this show? If every episode is made for 1 person, at this rate, by 5th, there won't anyone left in the hospital right?

Well that aside, I really love every scene between her and Joe Odagiri, so much chemistry and tension. He already found out that she's behind the kidnapping (though she didn't actually kidnap the kid) what a twist there, she's not that evil afterall. I suppose he's going to try stop her from taking revenge in the coming episodes.

I also love her expression! So fierce! Her mad glare haha
So the lawyer will be the next target. I'm thinking maybe Prof Bandai will be the last person? Since he's at the highest position. There's also the part where her father was framed, there could be some light shed on that matter in the coming episodes. We see more and more different flashbacks in the second epi, making me think that the case is not as simple.

The other Prof who is Bandai's competitor is taking an interest towards her too.

superdevilgundam
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by superdevilgundam » Apr 19th, '14, 20:16

a positive of this show is another ueno juri drama.

but it seems that the show is too...cartoonish maybe? the villains give up too easily. plus so far she lets them off easily.
i thought that this show would be darker with the heroine actually killing people for revenge. but so far its just so...mild.

and yay chiaki kuriyama has another show! but sadly only a side character :(

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 20th, '14, 15:13

avieamber wrote:Just watched 2nd episode
Seems the pace has slowed down just a bit but it's still progressing faster than I thought. I seriously wonder how many people is she going to go after in this show? If every episode is made for 1 person, at this rate, by 5th, there won't anyone left in the hospital right?

Well that aside, I really love every scene between her and Joe Odagiri, so much chemistry and tension. He already found out that she's behind the kidnapping (though she didn't actually kidnap the kid) what a twist there, she's not that evil afterall. I suppose he's going to try stop her from taking revenge in the coming episodes.

I also love her expression! So fierce! Her mad glare haha
So the lawyer will be the next target. I'm thinking maybe Prof Bandai will be the last person? Since he's at the highest position. There's also the part where her father was framed, there could be some light shed on that matter in the coming episodes. We see more and more different flashbacks in the second epi, making me think that the case is not as simple.

The other Prof who is Bandai's competitor is taking an interest towards her too.
actually i have problem with Odagiri Joe's acting... he try so hard to look cool rather than acting, kinda ruin a bit of good moment, thought if an actor like Kaname Jun can pull this role for better.

after watching epi2, I change my mind about why she kinda aiming on Bandai Yuma, but she wont play her revenge on him. I think...
her father was died, one of among villains is Prof Bandai who have a son about her age. When she grew her life in difficulty without a father, Prof Bandai still led happy life with his son.

About Yuma, through Asami, he found confident after got pressure after his father told him not took so much care on patients, Asami supported him by telling it's also important to face each of patients, and she want to choose a doctor like him (on patient's perspective). And I do expect love Yuma toward Asami.

Nishikado knew he was misunderstanding about accusation on Asami's father and so sorry about it... he also offers Asama for the help on revenge 8)

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Apr 21st, '14, 01:31

superdevilgundam wrote:a positive of this show is another ueno juri drama.

but it seems that the show is too...cartoonish maybe? the villains give up too easily. plus so far she lets them off easily.
i thought that this show would be darker with the heroine actually killing people for revenge. but so far its just so...mild.

Perhaps the villains are just totally caught up by surprise, especially in early episodes
I hope the villains realize the antics pulled by Asumi and start to counter-measure her in later episodes

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Apr 21st, '14, 07:44

lontong.stroong wrote:
superdevilgundam wrote:a positive of this show is another ueno juri drama.

Perhaps the villains are just totally caught up by surprise, especially in early episodes
I hope the villains realize the antics pulled by Asumi and start to counter-measure her in later episodes
I feel like this is gonna happen in the second half of the drama. The episodes focusing on Asumi's revenge are going really fast (so far lol) so the villains might try to take her down afterwards.

kei.maggot

Post by kei.maggot » Apr 21st, '14, 15:58

Just finished ep 2, seriously, I can't get enough of this show! It's been a while since Juri-chan last played such cold-hearted person (maybe since Engine, Ruka's LF is more of the cool type), and her acting is just superb, her eyes, her smirk, her expression, perfect!! The story's good too, when I saw the trailer i thought it was kinda lame, but actually it's very interesting, went straight to the point and didn't waste anytime. Really hope it can keep up!

kotsukotsu

Post by kotsukotsu » Apr 24th, '14, 19:05

So far, the explanations of why people like this drama have been entirely lacking and unconvincing.

I dislike this drama because the plot is full of so many holes, you could use it as a fishing net. When the writer of the script has done such a bad job, I feel it is too much to ask the audience to put up with the drama. Good acting of one or two of the characters is irrelevant when the plot is so badly constructed. This is junk. Ratings in themselves mean nothing, and trash dramas sometimes have high initial ratings.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 25th, '14, 06:10

kotsukotsu wrote:So far, the explanations of why people like this drama have been entirely lacking and unconvincing.

I dislike this drama because the plot is full of so many holes, you could use it as a fishing net. When the writer of the script has done such a bad job, I feel it is too much to ask the audience to put up with the drama. Good acting of one or two of the characters is irrelevant when the plot is so badly constructed. This is junk. Ratings in themselves mean nothing, and trash dramas sometimes have high initial ratings.
Well it can't please everyone :whistling:

But yes, rating doesn't mean anything. Soredemo comes to mind. Rating's mediocre but that drama's gold. Still, I think fans of Ueno Juri are in general just happy to have her back in dramas after a short hiatus. Her acting is great so far for what the show requires. I just hope the script won't fall short in the later episodes.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 25th, '14, 07:48

avieamber wrote:Well it can't please everyone :whistling:

But yes, rating doesn't mean anything. Soredemo comes to mind. Rating's mediocre but that drama's gold. Still, I think fans of Ueno Juri are in general just happy to have her back in dramas after a short hiatus. Her acting is great so far for what the show requires. I just hope the script won't fall short in the later episodes.
I guess it is just matter about taste... if any of you remembered Kaseifu no mita got splendid rating, even we can felt many holes on story itself.
tonight will aired revenge on the lawyer... from preview, it's look like she gonna have tough time this one... maybe she will fail it?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 25th, '14, 08:10

ailahai wrote:
avieamber wrote:Well it can't please everyone :whistling:

I guess it is just matter about taste... if any of you remembered Kaseifu no mita got splendid rating, even we can felt many holes on story itself.
tonight will aired revenge on the lawyer... from preview, it's look like she gonna have tough time this one... maybe she will fail it?
I actually wanted to abandon Kaseifu towards the end but I didn't just for the sake of Nanako. I hated all other characters in there, esp the useless father. The high rating still sometimes befuddled me.

Can't wait to watch ep3 tomorrow (hopefully it'll be up on dailymotion) :cheers:

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Apr 28th, '14, 08:32

just watched epi 3
I love how Yuma comes to Asami worrying about her after got scold from Hyuga mistress... and even give her his phone number and email... he without hesitate really show how he has interest on Asami :w00t:

Do you think Prof Arima (rival of Prof Bandai) also have something with what happened 15 years ago... he looked shady, i think he also eavesdropping conversation between Asami and Nishikado when Nishikado offered to help Asami. There is quote: "keep your enemies closer" so maybe he is the real / most accurate to say who put the blame on Osanai Takao sensei

Ndosan7

Post by Ndosan7 » Apr 28th, '14, 09:16

I just watch the 3rd episode..i really love it!! this drama make my heart race and even sometime i forgot that i hold my breath :lol
I really love watching ueno juri in this drama, she act reallllllyy damn good ...my favorite scene in ep 3 is when she's see Nishikado with hyuga sensei walking together..in this scene i can really feel sadness, disbelieve, disappointment, betrayed....all of this shows in her eyes :-(

Daish

Post by Daish » May 2nd, '14, 02:39

Watched the first 3 ep... i consider myself as a moderate fan but and so far this drama is really lacking for me hopefully it picks up...
a few things really bother me, the 1 ep, 1 villian, who promptly tattles on the next one right at the end of the ep really gets old fast, hopefully there isn't any more of that garbage...

the other thing is there really isn't much mystery to this drama, even though it is a revenge plotting drama... the plot is so linear, everyone is good or bad, no grey areas...... perhaps i am expecting too much from a jdrama, as i must admit these types of things are pretty common as far as jdramas go but i guess it still bothers me.

I'm really hoping that the first few ep. are intro and build up to a decent story that they have planned and not representative of how the drama will be structured from now

nikid

Post by nikid » May 3rd, '14, 09:47

Im loving this drama! Best drama this season. Cant wait for more :w00t: and I missed Juri-chan ^^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 4th, '14, 08:15

Just watched ep4

Another awesome episode :thumright:
We're finally seeing how this whole revenge thing is driving Asumi to a corner and to an almost crazy state. It's taking a lot of toll on her and Nishikado has to constantly do damage control. I'm glad the pair finally works together (well, at least watching them discuss the case together or sitting on a table dining together is a good sign lol).

I'm still wondering whether Bandai is really the Big Boss here. The other Prof is also spying on Asumi, which is worrying. I just want to say Ueno Juri's acting in this episode, in particular was brilliant. So many subtle scenes, like the part where she was having doubts and that slight tremble in her hand, holding the needle...

Next episode's preview :w00t: We're finally seeing Asumi taking a step further towards Yuma, Bandai's son. How will that affect Hoshino? Will there be some sort of love triangle?

Tran

Post by Tran » May 4th, '14, 13:14

I like this one. It makes me want to know what will she do next and what will become of her. Ueno is doing a good job, very convincing.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » May 6th, '14, 02:36

avieamber wrote:Just watched ep4

We're finally seeing how this whole revenge thing is driving Asumi to a corner and to an almost crazy state. It's taking a lot of toll on her and Nishikado has to constantly do damage control. I'm glad the pair finally works together (well, at least watching them discuss the case together or sitting on a table dining together is a good sign lol).

I'm still wondering whether Bandai is really the Big Boss here. The other Prof is also spying on Asumi, which is worrying. I just want to say Ueno Juri's acting in this episode, in particular was brilliant. So many subtle scenes, like the part where she was having doubts and that slight tremble in her hand, holding the needle...

Next episode's preview :w00t: We're finally seeing Asumi taking a step further towards Yuma, Bandai's son. How will that affect Hoshino? Will there be some sort of love triangle?
Yea... her acting in this episode very superb... I like her glance when look back at Bandai,, kowaii :lol

Preview for the next episode looked like going to torture me :D I meant, I really hope the nurse really can be her friend as she's always alone... and Bandai's son also very kind, completely difference from his father. At least if they cant make it together, they still can be friend. But ....

What do you think if Yuma has to choose between Asami and his father, who going to be chosen?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 6th, '14, 04:57

ailahai wrote:

Yea... her acting in this episode very superb... I like her glance when look back at Bandai,, kowaii :lol

Preview for the next episode looked like going to torture me :D I meant, I really hope the nurse really can be her friend as she's always alone... and Bandai's son also very kind, completely difference from his father. At least if they cant make it together, they still can be friend. But ....

What do you think if Yuma has to choose between Asami and his father, who going to be chosen?
I think if Yuma finds out Asumi was using him just to take revenge on her father, he's gonna be crushed. Heartbroken, considering how much he likes her, looks up to her and all. And I can totally understand that. But if Yuma knows the dirty works his father did (if it's true he's behind the whole medical error secret), then I hope he'll consider the reason Asumi does what she does. But I pity Yuma and to be honest, I don't really agree with using another person to get what you want.

Like what Nishikado warned Asumi about involving strangers. But it won't be exciting if she doesn't go ahead with her plans so yea, I look forward to see some more internal conflicts and I think Hoshino might not like Asumi after that. I want some love triangle haha...
I'm curious how far Asumi will go for the sake of revenge.

Ndosan7

Post by Ndosan7 » May 6th, '14, 21:21

avieamber wrote:
ailahai wrote:

I think if Yuma finds out Asumi was using him just to take revenge on her father, he's gonna be crushed. Heartbroken, considering how much he likes her, looks up to her and all. And I can totally understand that. But if Yuma knows the dirty works his father did (if it's true he's behind the whole medical error secret), then I hope he'll consider the reason Asumi does what she does. But I pity Yuma and to be honest, I don't really agree with using another person to get what you want.

Like what Nishikado warned Asumi about involving strangers. But it won't be exciting if she doesn't go ahead with her plans so yea, I look forward to see some more internal conflicts and I think Hoshino might not like Asumi after that. I want some love triangle haha...
I'm curious how far Asumi will go for the sake of revenge.
My favorite scene is when Juri looking up to the rainbow i want to cry with her too... and when she said she can't talk with the people without lying to them..its so sad :-( i reallllyyy love her acting in this ep
me too...i'm so curious since she already throw her life for the sake or revenge..

Akane_61

Post by Akane_61 » May 6th, '14, 23:42

I'm loving this drama!! I love revenge dramas, it looks a bit like Maou and Guilty, which I LOVED:)
I liked Ueno in Last Friends, but really hated her in Nodame and Go, so I was curious to see her in another dark and serious role...well she's awesome in this drama!:) and I love her hairstyle, it really makes her look smart.
I have a problem with Odagiri's acting, though. He's not convincing, he tries too hard to be cool but he doesn't pull it off...he's kind of ambiguous and I don't like him:/
The other characters are so much fun to watch, and the plot is simple and very entertaining!! Love it!! hope it gets even better!!
:cheers:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 7th, '14, 00:21

Akane_61 wrote:I'm loving this drama!! I love revenge dramas, it looks a bit like Maou and Guilty, which I LOVED:)
I liked Ueno in Last Friends, but really hated her in Nodame and Go, so I was curious to see her in another dark and serious role...well she's awesome in this drama!:) and I love her hairstyle, it really makes her look smart.
I have a problem with Odagiri's acting, though. He's not convincing, he tries too hard to be cool but he doesn't pull it off...he's kind of ambiguous and I don't like him:/
The other characters are so much fun to watch, and the plot is simple and very entertaining!! Love it!! hope it gets even better!!
:cheers:
I'm afraid you're right about Odagiri. He's also in Gokuaku Ganbo (small detective role) and I see not much difference in his acting in there and this. The same coolness but doesn't quite reach out to viewers.

It's funny because I thought he's a good actor? Or maybe he's just better in weird roles like Johnny Depp? I don't know :scratch: I hope he'll drop that 'cool' act and just be like a normal guy which suits the character Nishikado better I think.

Ah you didn't like her in Nodame? Nodame made me a fan though lol...by the way, this is out of topic, but have you by any chance checked out her most recent movie Hidamari no Kanojo with Matsujun? I recommend that. But she took on a romantic role in there so I'm not sure if it's everybody's cup of tea. I just thought she was brilliant as Mao in it, whimsical, quirky and playful girl, don't worry, not the Nodame type :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '14, 03:08

avieamber wrote:Ah you didn't like her in Nodame? Nodame made me a fan though lol..
LOL, hard to believe... Nodame made Juri-chan the star that she is now. :wub:

jedmed

Post by jedmed » May 7th, '14, 07:17

Great to read different POVs on Joe Odagiri.

I have to disagree on his performance on Alice's Thorn. Viewers, mostly fans of Ueno, are concentrating too much on the "intensity" of the actress and enjoying her return. But Odagiri's role as the investigative journalist is that of a cool guy with the ability to discover hidden truths, and he has an agenda to atone for his big blunder which further gave anguish to the young Alice as she mourns the death of her father, now accused of crimes.

Ueno has limited acting range - the kind that would make you feel sorry for her or even root for her cause, but not as sublime and as dramatic as Hikari Mitsushima. But her role in this drama is perfect for her. Sometimes performances rely on the script and on the director, and while we can forego on the script "holes", the pacing has enough tension to keep viewers at the edge of their seats, thus the high ratings - we cannot blame local Japanese audiences for loving it.

Akane_61

Post by Akane_61 » May 7th, '14, 10:28

avieamber wrote: I'm afraid you're right about Odagiri. He's also in Gokuaku Ganbo (small detective role) and I see not much difference in his acting in there and this. The same coolness but doesn't quite reach out to viewers.

It's funny because I thought he's a good actor? Or maybe he's just better in weird roles like Johnny Depp? I don't know :scratch: I hope he'll drop that 'cool' act and just be like a normal guy which suits the character Nishikado better I think.

Ah you didn't like her in Nodame? Nodame made me a fan though lol...by the way, this is out of topic, but have you by any chance checked out her most recent movie Hidamari no Kanojo with Matsujun? I recommend that. But she took on a romantic role in there so I'm not sure if it's everybody's cup of tea. I just thought she was brilliant as Mao in it, whimsical, quirky and playful girl, don't worry, not the Nodame type :lol
Really?! If we're having the same feelings about his acting in this show, then yeah he really is too ambiguous haha... Exactly, I thought he was good, too! I mean I had seen him in a quite a few roles before, and while he never was amazing, he always was ok...but here, he isn't doing a good job at all:(((

Yeah....actually, I'm not a fan of shows like Nodame, so I admit I just saw the first episode and dropped it completely, because I don't like that kind of humor....so it's not really Ueno's acting that bothered me I guess, it's the show itself XD (and her acting in Go reminded me too much of Nodame, although it's a taiga drama, so that really put me off)
No I haven't watched Hidamari no Kanojo...I'll check it out though, it sounds interesting!! thanks!!!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 9th, '14, 02:21

jedmed wrote:Great to read different POVs on Joe Odagiri.

I have to disagree on his performance on Alice's Thorn. Viewers, mostly fans of Ueno, are concentrating too much on the "intensity" of the actress and enjoying her return. But Odagiri's role as the investigative journalist is that of a cool guy with the ability to discover hidden truths, and he has an agenda to atone for his big blunder which further gave anguish to the young Alice as she mourns the death of her father, now accused of crimes.

Ueno has limited acting range - the kind that would make you feel sorry for her or even root for her cause, but not as sublime and as dramatic as Hikari Mitsushima. But her role in this drama is perfect for her. Sometimes performances rely on the script and on the director, and while we can forego on the script "holes", the pacing has enough tension to keep viewers at the edge of their seats, thus the high ratings - we cannot blame local Japanese audiences for loving it.
I've yet to watch River's Edge so I was probably too quick to judge. I'll watch it tonight and I'll most likely to change my mind about him. I've heard great things about Odagiri Joe so I've no doubt he's a good actor. It's just probably the similarities between his body language in Alice and Gokuaku (which his screentime is very limited anyway) that I hoped to see more acting range. Anyways, I like his chemistry with Juri in Alice, love every scene of them together. In fact, a part of me hoped for a little romance to bud between them :D

I'm putting this in spoiler since it deviates from discussing Alice.
I love both Hikari and Juri as actresses. I admit that Hikari is definitely more superior in acting than Juri, by far. To me, Hikari is great with how she adjusts body language, the way she speaks to suit every different character she plays, she shines most in subtle acting roles, the kind that doesn't need exaggeration or over-acting to win viewer's hearts. She's at the top of my list for fav J-actresses. I've yet to be disappointed by her drama/movies.

As for Juri, her range is quite limited but I won't say compared to other young actresses out there, she's mediocre. In fact, among her peer, I'd say she's very good. She's so far challenged herself in comedy, quirky, weird, playful roles (Nodame), the conflicted Ruka (Last Friends), the innocent romantic cat-ish Mao (Hidamari) and many more actually. But because Nodame was so immensely successful, I think the public just can't seem to separate her Nodame role and the other quirky characters she plays after that. But yes, it was a mistake to make her act as the young Gou in 'Gou' when they could've just gotten any younger actress at the right age to play them. I'd say it's also the director/whoever did the casting's mistake. In the later episodes, I find her performance was rather good as the character got more mature. I don't know I just feel looking back at her filmography, she's played very different roles and most of them were great. However even as a fan, I'll say I didn't quite like her character in Sunao (I thought Haru was quite boring but I'll blame that on the script).

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 10th, '14, 07:52

Episode 5 was pretty intense :O
Before anything, I'll take back my doubts on Joe Odagiri's acting here. I'm liking him more and more now. I think the scene where he visited her younger sister's grave showed a side of him that I've not seen before, the flashbacks too. I just thought the whole sequence was very nice. I don't care how this show will end, I just want romance to bud between Asumi and Nishikado! :wub:

Koichi Iwaki as Bandai was very convincing too. I first watched him in Miss Pilot and his character was totally different - happy-go-lucky, kind and gentle. I think he really got the evil villain icy cold stare. A great combination for Ueno Juri's Asumi. Makes me more eager to see the showdown between them in later episodes.

As for Hoshino-Asumi-Yuma triangle, it's tragic to begin with. I know the route the scriptwriters decide to go to is a bit cliche but it adds to the tension and personal conflict within Asumi. I especially love the scene when she contemplated for a while whether to 'seduce' Yuma or not when she knew exactly Hoshino was right there, watching them.

I pity Hoshino a lot and of course, Yuma for being tangled in this whole mess. Sometimes I wonder if Asumi can use another method without involving them. At the same time, I feel sorry for Asumi too for forcing herself to go this route. I was rooting for her to get to the villa before Bandai and what a heart-breaking moment when she saw him already burning the files to ashes. So sad to watch Asumi dug helplessly afterwards :-(

I was pretty shocked when they killed off Hyuga's character. Finally, someone died. I didn't see that coming at all. So another suspense, cliffhanger. But I think we know who murdered him. That much is predictable.

Tran

Post by Tran » May 10th, '14, 18:24

I wonder who is going to save her at the end? Does she know when to stop and find happiness again? Is her living so just for the revenge? Can she really take down Bandai by herself? It's unreal if she did. Still waiting to see ep5. BORDER is always faster than Alice. Don't know why. I like them both.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 11th, '14, 02:52

Tran wrote:I wonder who is going to save her at the end? Does she know when to stop and find happiness again? Is her living so just for the revenge? Can she really take down Bandai by herself? It's unreal if she did. Still waiting to see ep5. BORDER is always faster than Alice. Don't know why. I like them both.
You can get episode 5 here @ dailymotion
Episode 5 Alice no Toge
That's usually where i get them if I want them fast. They'll be there the next morning (Saturday) :thumright:

BORDER is always faster because it's airing time on Thursday while Alice on Friday night.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 11th, '14, 04:43

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 12th, '14, 06:17

I just checked the ratings for this show:

14.2% - 11.9% - 11.9% - 11.3% - 9.5%

It's been slowly decreasing ever since 1st episode, will it go up to double digit again? While I'm not one who worry over ratings because it doesn't truly reflect the quality of the drama, I'm concerned whether this might affect Ueno Juri in a way since it's her first drama after 3 years :-( Also, I'm not sure if anyone read this news about Odagiri Joe.

http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2014/05 ... roles.html
Basically, he was initially offered a lead role alongside Juri in Alice, but he declined due to bad experience being lead for a drama that had low ratings. I'm not judging him, in fact, he has the right to accept or decline being lead. I can also understand his worries. I thought he's doing a pretty good job so far in Alice. But that being said, doesn't this mean Ueno Juri will bear more responsibility if the ratings keep declining in the future. We can blame on the screenwriters etc...but at the end of the day, it's almost always the lead actor/actresses' fault in the public eyes. I just don't want the same thing to happen to her again after Gou's case.

To be honest, I think the rating went down because things have slowed a bit. Still, I find this show is one of the more interesting/exciting and filled with enough suspense, as compared to others like Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai (which is a typical bank drama with mediocre cases but only hyped because it shared the same author as Hanzawa Naoki).

ailahai

Post by ailahai » May 12th, '14, 07:47

avieamber wrote:I just checked the ratings for this show:

14.2% - 11.9% - 11.9% - 11.3% - 9.5%

It's been slowly decreasing ever since 1st episode, will it go up to double digit again? While I'm not one who worry over ratings because it doesn't truly reflect the quality of the drama, I'm concerned whether this might affect Ueno Juri in a way since it's her first drama after 3 years :-( Also, I'm not sure if anyone read this news about Odagiri Joe.

http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2014/05 ... roles.html
Basically, he was initially offered a lead role alongside Juri in Alice, but he declined due to bad experience being lead for a drama that had low ratings. I'm not judging him, in fact, he has the right to accept or decline being lead. I can also understand his worries. I thought he's doing a pretty good job so far in Alice. But that being said, doesn't this mean Ueno Juri will bear more responsibility if the ratings keep declining in the future. We can blame on the screenwriters etc...but at the end of the day, it's almost always the lead actor/actresses' fault in the public eyes. I just don't want the same thing to happen to her again after Gou's case.

To be honest, I think the rating went down because things have slowed a bit. Still, I find this show is one of the more interesting/exciting and filled with enough suspense, as compared to others like Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai (which is a typical bank drama with mediocre cases but only hyped because it shared the same author as Hanzawa Naoki).
I think that not gonna be happened (reduce episodes)... it did happen before to dramas on TBS Friday slot get this much of rating but stayed....

EDITED:
I think the case going to be larger... about how Bandai threat Yokoyama san (that patient of his 30 years ago) to cover on company which donor much to hospital... we still don't the essential of case to this murdering.

Also, Nishikado's sister was under Osanai sensei, right. So she died not cause from medical error... or what do you think? I was pause a moment watching the scene when Arima sensei offered something to Nishikado through what happened to Yui chan...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 16th, '14, 14:51

ailahai wrote:
I think that not gonna be happened (reduce episodes)... it did happen before to dramas on TBS Friday slot get this much of rating but stayed....

EDITED:
I think the case going to be larger... about how Bandai threat Yokoyama san (that patient of his 30 years ago) to cover on company which donor much to hospital... we still don't the essential of case to this murdering.

Also, Nishikado's sister was under Osanai sensei, right. So she died not cause from medical error... or what do you think? I was pause a moment watching the scene when Arima sensei offered something to Nishikado through what happened to Yui chan...
Yeah, that final part was quite interesting. Arima seemed to have regretted something in the past and Nishikado didn't take it very well, cutting him off (or maybe he was just worried about Asumi at the time as he couldn't contact her) but it is quite suspicious. I'm wondering if they'll spend the last 4-5 episodes just trying to bring Bandai down. I'm worried this will drag the plot to a slower pace and things might get boring afterwards. Unless, they still have some twists about to be revealed.

On the side note, I find it very motivating when their scripts have those Alice illustrations too ^^

Been browsing Twitter as well and it seems most Japanese are full of praises for Juri-chan's performance. I'll take that as a good sign at least :D I just saw someone complained that he/she couldn't believe that the rating for Alice is lower than expected since it's interesting.

nice compilation of ep5 juri-chan
Can't wait for tomorrow to come, need to watch ep6 :w00t:
Watched it.

Jeeezzz Hoshino! :cussing:
You really did some very unnecessary stuffs there.

But kudos to Kuriyama Chiaki, she did good for her character ^^
Ah...what a good episode. Is this the first time Asumi let Bandai's accomplice go without hurting them? But I do sympathize the nurse. Anyone else noticed she gave a good icy cold look as well haha I really think for a second Ueno Juri has found her competitor in this show.
My fav scenes - Asumi's confrontation with Naoko at the end. Those flashbacks with Osanai was touching :cry: Also the scene before that, Asumi standing under the tree and the gust of wind as she looked at the pocket watch. Beautiful indeed.

So now that Bandai found out her identity, does Asumi need to continue pretending like she has anything for Yuma? I mean, I feel sorry for Yuma being used like that but is he of any use in the future for Asumi? Nishikado didn't know Asumi pretended to like Yuma right? Mann...the more the episodes go by, I'm losing more and more hope to see anything bud between him and Asumi :-(

Date coming back in the next episode? :lol

Tran

Post by Tran » May 18th, '14, 06:22

The rating is decreasing. I hope the drama won't get shorten. I really like Ueno's performance in this one. Could it be also because of the director?

I feel like someone else is watching Asumi's actions?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 19th, '14, 01:46

Looks like 6th episode's rating went down again from 9.5% -> 9.0%
Average rating currently 11.43%, which is actually not bad compared to the others this season, but I feel it's still bit underrated considering how good the show is (personal opinion).

It's a very minimal decrease and from what I observed a lot of other dramas also suffered decreased rating last week, no idea why. Still, I hope it'll recover in the last few episodes as we reach the climax (double digit at least).

http://artv.info/ar1404.html

ailahai

Post by ailahai » May 19th, '14, 23:31

Finally... Date sensei will back...

yea... kudos to Kuriyama Chiaki... she's so excellent in this episode...

about ep 6:
1. Discussion the two persons about revenge at Asami's adopt father seems weird to me... the shop is so small and likely others can hear them.
2. Asami got the record immediately after the death of his father. Then Nishikado told Asami he got record 6 months before from anonymous sender which I guess is Asami ... WHO is actually send the records to her then?
2. Prof Bandai is so powerful and dangerous
3. Actually the part when prof Bandai asking Hoshino to check out about Asami's background, I thought she going to erupt right there at the same time LOL :lol when prof Bandai want ascertain whatever Asami suitable to be his son's partner.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 20th, '14, 00:58

Yes the big question still not answered is who was the one that sent the documents to both asumi and nishikado?
I hope they don't just ignore that part and hopefully there'll be some twist again at the end.

hey9

Post by hey9 » May 22nd, '14, 15:42

Ep. 6
Freaking Hoshino! Unravelled Asumi's plan over some stupid guy that no one gives a crap about! Augh...to go down over such a frivolous thing, I would be out for Hoshino's blood lol.

Although I understand Miura being between a rock and a hard place, she needs to atone for what she did - she helped murder someone and then covered it up by not telling anyone.

Still trying to figure out Yuma's involvement in all of this. I'm not convinced he's a good guy.

I'm seriously loving Juri/Jo chemistry...they need to star in another drama together.
I really hope that rumor about Odagiri isn't true. He would have been an amazing co-lead. I think he has a small but devoted fanbase (me included) and you just aren't going to see that translate to big ratings. Maybe if this was on WOWOW. Haaa~~

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 24th, '14, 01:17

Episode 7 brings this show to another whole new level. I even felt myself suffocating throughout and my heart broke so much for both Yuma and Asumi. one thing you have to remember while watching Alice is 'never judge a book by its cover'.
Well, who knew Arima sensei turned out to be evil or maybe even more than Bandai? I have to admit I didn't see it coming because I really hope Arima to be a good guy. I mean, is there even one good doctor in the department/hospital? It's scary when all of them are as portrayed (it's fiction I know :whistling: ) but deep down, I was hoping for Asumi to finally find an ally in the same profession. Nishikado's a great sidekick, no doubt and he plays a huge role in assisting Asumi and keeping her in line. But it'd be nice to have another ally and Arima was portrayed as a great caring doctor right from the beginning although I found it suspicious because he kept this notebook all the time with him and jotting down notes, even spied on Asumi.

Yuma-Asumi scenes are so heartbreaking. For a fraction of a second, I really want them to find happiness. Like, even though I love Nishikado more and never really cared for Yuma, his sacrifice in this episode is real and nothing else speaks more than that. He kept his promise to Asumi by protecting her and became stronger. Even though he risks his life in doing so. But that smile he gave Asumi even though he was in pain, wow....I think this will really hit Asumi hard, in the next episode.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » May 25th, '14, 10:54

epi 7: OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! sooooooooo intense, THE BEST episode up til now from my opinion :thumright: and Date sensei has coming back on right time :D wish the rating has pump up.
when Nishikado met with wheelchair girl, i just thinking maybe she will end up with him? coz Yuma really stole this episode... indeed he wasn't looked have much bond with his father, so i think that's why he chose Asami instead.

I think Asami has feeling toward him, not as love but more like respect/amuse by how nice and kind he is even was brought out from evil father... still become such an angel, a naive angel. yes, he is totally opposite from his father.

the moment when Arima sensei appear and he is actually accomplice with Bandai was so surprising... even i thought he looks shaddy, but never thinking how close he was with Bandai sensei... thinking maybe he just involved with Nishikado's sister death... and the scene before when he asked Asami is she Osanai sensei daughter, it made me wondered "where he's got that information?"... do not ever thinking Hoshino has told him as well (btw next epi preview he will getting Alice's trump card)

Hoshino getting some thought... how her father ended up died in that hospital so maybe in the end of episode maybe she will be nice with Asami even she still have those jealousy and Bandai prof also still provoked her... the jealousy is just stupid, when she know how strong Yuma's love toward Asami.

and til this episode, how Asami will end up? i mean her life is for the sake of revenge... so if she finish her revenge, what she will choose? Follow Yuma as well to face each patients or something like that (if he still alive)?

and maybe there will be another surprise too, like maybe Osanai Takao not good as his daughter thinking? .... btw looking it forward the rest episodes

I love new soundtrack bringing in this episode (and ep6 too)... And its so about 3 or 4 episodes left.... gonna miss this drama when it end for sure. :wub:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 25th, '14, 11:18

ailahai wrote:epi 7: OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! sooooooooo intense, THE BEST episode up til now from my opinion :thumright: and Date sensei has coming back on right time :D wish the rating has pump up.
when Nishikado met with wheelchair girl, i just thinking maybe she will end up with him? coz Yuma really stole this episode... indeed he wasn't looked have much bond with his father, so i think that's why he chose Asami instead.

I think Asami has feeling toward him, not as love but more like respect/amuse by how nice and kind he is even was brought out from evil father... still become such an angel, a naive angel. yes, he is totally opposite from his father.

the moment when Arima sensei appear and he is actually accomplice with Bandai was so surprising... even i thought he looks shaddy, but never thinking how close he was with Bandai sensei... thinking maybe he just involved with Nishikado's sister death... and the scene before when he asked Asami is she Osanai sensei daughter, it made me wondered "where he's got that information?"... do not ever thinking Hoshino has told him as well (btw next epi preview he will getting Alice's trump card)

Hoshino getting some thought... how her father ended up died in that hospital so maybe in the end of episode maybe she will be nice with Asami even she still have those jealousy and Bandai prof also still provoked her... the jealousy is just stupid, when she know how strong Yuma's love toward Asami.

and til this episode, how Asami will end up? i mean her life is for the sake of revenge... so if she finish her revenge, what she will choose? Follow Yuma as well to face each patients or something like that (if he still alive)?

and maybe there will be another surprise too, like maybe Osanai Takao not good as his daughter thinking? .... btw looking it forward the rest episodes

I love new soundtrack bringing in this episode (and ep6 too)... And its so about 3 or 4 episodes left.... gonna miss this drama when it end for sure. :wub:
Indeed I hope the rating will increase but after watching ep7, I just don't care about rating anymore because this show deserves more than what it's getting anyways. In fact, I feel like it's a bit underrated to be honest.

About the episode
You pose a good question about Asumi's future plan after she got her revenge. Remember the scene when Yuma told her about his dream to be visiting doctor, just before the phone rang (Arima's call), you can actually see her sort of thinking for a bit there - I don't know but I have a feeling, she must be thinking about her own life. What is her dream? After revenge...then what? And to hear Yuma speaking about his dream so honestly like that, it must be giving Asumi some second thoughts. But Arima's call made her go back to her revenge plan.

I think that girl named Suzu is Arima sensei's daughter. He has a sick daughter, he told Asumi before. And that somehow will connect to Kenta and most probably, Osanai Takao's death. The plot's getting thicker and everything is not predictable. That's exactly why I love this show so much. When we're convinced about something, they changed the direction and bam!
Anyone else thinks the theme song by Takahashi Yu (the one heard at the end) is very fitting? Love it.
The soundtrack of this drama deserves some praise too :thumright: It really gets the mood set in especially during suspense.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » May 25th, '14, 17:17

avieamber wrote:
About the episode
You pose a good question about Asumi's future plan after she got her revenge. Remember the scene when Yuma told her about his dream to be visiting doctor, just before the phone rang (Arima's call), you can actually see her sort of thinking for a bit there - I don't know but I have a feeling, she must be thinking about her own life. What is her dream? After revenge...then what? And to hear Yuma speaking about his dream so honestly like that, it must be giving Asumi some second thoughts. But Arima's call made her go back to her revenge plan.
yea, that's what i meant about her future, and her father's quote "tomorrow will be the better day" is the key, so that was not the first time she thinking over about it... i remembered when Nishikado met her in shop after first meet (ep1), he asked "why you decide to be a doctor?" but the conversation was cut when her adopt father brought the food to Nishikado.
avieamber wrote:
I think that girl named Suzu is Arima sensei's daughter. He has a sick daughter, he told Asumi before. And that somehow will connect to Kenta and most probably, Osanai Takao's death. The plot's getting thicker and everything is not predictable. That's exactly why I love this show so much. When we're convinced about something, they changed the direction and bam!
yea, hard to find the cliche in this drama... the drama itself i think first time the revenge happened in hospital and targeting doctors as villains.

wish Yuma still keeps alive, right now Hoshino, Bandai, Arima and Yuma already know about Asami's identity and her revenge... and look like Yuma chose to help her too... he also has curiosity to now about what was happen actually, is it true that his father was a killer?

when you mention about Kenta... so maybe he also have *something*... as Bandai always refuse any patient with long treatment, so either Kenta's from influential family or his family was asked to "clean" what was happened in this hospital under Bandai's instruction
avieamber wrote: Anyone else thinks the theme song by Takahashi Yu (the one heard at the end) is very fitting? Love it.
The soundtrack of this drama deserves some praise too :thumright: It really gets the mood set in especially during suspense.
True :D and its my current ringtone

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 26th, '14, 01:04

Found this from twitter, still waiting for official news/source but this looks convincing. The rating went up last week! Finally...back to double digits. I hope this will continue to increase as it reaches the finale.

第1話 14.2%
第2話 11.9%
第3話 11.9%
第4話 11.3%
第5話 *9.5%
第6話 *9.0%
第7話 11.5%←

po0t

Post by po0t » May 27th, '14, 01:17

watching ep 7 without translations was a slight miscalculation on my part :|

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 31st, '14, 16:22

episode 8

:cry: :cry:
two deaths and a suicide attempt. I still can't believe they killed off 2 characters at one go in this episode! I had an inkling Yuma won't survive but I definitely did not expect Bandai to be killed too! Gosh...who's the murderer? Arima?

About Arima, I think it was quite obvious the reason he did what he did. the motive was predictable but I still wanna praise the screenwriters for the plot twists and surprises. I was never once bored by this show.

Asumi's depressed state and the suicide attempt was well executed too. I like how it builds up to that intention. Anyone noticed the new background music especially during the suicide scene? :cry: So gooooood. I seriously need the OST when it comes out. Nishikado was great too in this episode. I like more and more.

Hoshino...I don't know man...she got her hands on the recorder so basically, that evidence can be used against Asumi (confessed she was involved in Date, Chihara and Hyuga's cases) and now that Bandai is dead, she's at risk for being a murder suspect. I hope Hoshino doesn't do unnecessary stuffs again.

I like that Asumi now has to protect Kenta from that evil Arima. At least, she can do something for Yuma.

I have so many fav scenes in this episode - Arima appearing from the side blocking Asumi from seeing Kenta and making her step back (that brought chills to my spine) awesome!
- Asumi telling Nishikado "I should have died."
- The whole suicide attempt sequence and the moving BGM :-(
-Nishikado stopping Asumi from jumping and talking sense to her kakkoiii!
- Asumi back in action at the end and saying "I will protect Kenta" right into Arima's face :thumright: I thought the shot of her walking with that determined face at the end was so cool.
Mind-blowing episode but also sad :cry:

ailahai

Post by ailahai » May 31st, '14, 18:08

avieamber wrote:episode 8

:cry: :cry:
two deaths and a suicide attempt. I still can't believe they killed off 2 characters at one go in this episode! I had an inkling Yuma won't survive but I definitely did not expect Bandai to be killed too! Gosh...who's the murderer? Arima?

About Arima, I think it was quite obvious the reason he did what he did. the motive was predictable but I still wanna praise the screenwriters for the plot twists and surprises. I was never once bored by this show.

Asumi's depressed state and the suicide attempt was well executed too. I like how it builds up to that intention. Anyone noticed the new background music especially during the suicide scene? :cry: So gooooood. I seriously need the OST when it comes out. Nishikado was great too in this episode. I like more and more.

Hoshino...I don't know man...she got her hands on the recorder so basically, that evidence can be used against Asumi (confessed she was involved in Date, Chihara and Hyuga's cases) and now that Bandai is dead, she's at risk for being a murder suspect. I hope Hoshino doesn't do unnecessary stuffs again.

I like that Asumi now has to protect Kenta from that evil Arima. At least, she can do something for Yuma.

I have so many fav scenes in this episode - Arima appearing from the side blocking Asumi from seeing Kenta and making her step back (that brought chills to my spine) awesome!
- Asumi telling Nishikado "I should have died."
- The whole suicide attempt sequence and the moving BGM :-(
-Nishikado stopping Asumi from jumping and talking sense to her kakkoiii!
- Asumi back in action at the end and saying "I will protect Kenta" right into Arima's face :thumright: I thought the shot of her walking with that determined face at the end was so cool.
Mind-blowing episode but also sad :cry:
OMG! this episode, about the twists in this drama (from 1st epi) just reminded me to Bloody Monday Season1... it was directed by same director Hirano Shunichi san. Well done Hirano san.

So far after watched this episode :
It almost certain Prof Bandai got killed either by Arima or under Arima's instruction. I won't surprised it was the same case for Hyuga as well.

Its such frustration, i want to see Bandai more after the death of his son, even for bit longer. And Hoshino just randomly accused Asumi on Bandai sensei by saying "did you kill Bandai too?".

Date sensei after stabbed Yuma made an attempt suicide and still unconscious. So maybe after waking up, she will be the one who going to confess tell everything was happen in hospital, maybe next week or at final episode?

The main focus now is Kenta, will he also end up die... hope he wont (please scriptwriter, don't torture me so much :mrgreen: )

and in

they keep introduce new soundtrack.... lol when i can get that if this keep going :lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 2nd, '14, 15:50

Anyone knows how many more episodes? If I'm not mistaken, I think I read on Twitter, this show will have 10 episodes?

Anyways, I'll just drop this here, it's a 10-min interview. Alice will be shown in Korea so they asked her some stuffs about it.

Also, the OST will be released on 11th June :cheers:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UZCL-2056