Carnation (Ono Machiko, 2011)
21%

Total votes: 117

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Asadora (NHK Morning Drama)

Post by yanie » Apr 5th, '12, 12:27

This is a thread to talk about asadora-s (NHK morning drama). Exchange download info and comments on the dramas.

My all-time fav is Gegege no Nyobo and I'm very much enjoying Carnation now (thank you, Heiwa!). I watched about 2 weeks of Ohisama and I was disappointed, Mao's acting or maybe her character, bothered me here, the story wasn't that interesting too.

First week of Teppan was only so-so, so I didn't continue.

I watched a couple of weeks of Churasan, but it got draggy starting Week 7 or so, so I stopped. It was quite funny and interesting though, I love the Okinawan dialect, and the silliness of the family. But it just got draggy when the lead goes to Tokyo, I think. I didn't like the male lead too.

I soo want to watch Matsushima Nanako's Himawari... I wonder where I can find this?

Meanwhile, I think I'm gonna download Dandan... the heroine is twin sisters, shld be interesting^^

Has anyone started watching Umechan Sensei? Is it good?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 5th, '12, 16:54

yanie,
this would be such a good thread and I would love to discuss but unfortunately they don't put English subs for the morning shows in my area. I am trying to understand Carnation which looks very interesting but I just can't get into it. I loved Gegege and watched it all the way through. I really loved it and to this day I couldn't tell you if it had subs or not!!

zettaiKaren

Re: Asadora (NHK Morning Drama)

Post by zettaiKaren » Apr 7th, '12, 20:01

I think if you got the free weekend Japanese programming in early to mid 2000's (like in Hawaii and California), you (like me) might have also seen Sakura, Wakaba, and Kaze no Haruka, etc.. So I guess nobody watched these? I thought Sakura was pretty interesting, and I watched Wakaba because of Harada Natsuki :P . Also, Mio-Tsukushi features a very young and gorgeous Sawaguchi Yasuko, and I thought Oshin was excellent (actually don't remember too much of it, just that it took east and south-east Asian countries by storm at the time).
yanie wrote:Has anyone started watching Umechan Sensei? Is it good?
I wasn't going to watch it because of Maki, but the script's written by the same person who penned KDO and Shiroi Haru, and week 1 had just been made available w/ Chinese soft subs, so I'll give it a shot.
Last edited by zettaiKaren on Apr 7th, '12, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 8th, '12, 01:29

I have only watched Churasan, Asuka and Junjo Kirari (the last two in condensed versions) and Churasan is one of my favourite series. Asuka was charming and Junjo Kirari was unexpectedly dramatic and moving.
Plan to watch Oshin some day(daunted by length), and Honmamon(which I have been looking forward to for a long time now), and the 3 latest ones on the list too.
zettaiKaren wrote:I wasn't going to watch it because of Maki, but the script's written by the same person who penned KDO and Shiroi Haru, and week 1 had just been made available w/ Chinese soft subs, so I'll give it a shot.
Can you let me know where to download this please?
If anyone wants to trade, please let me know too, asadoras are so hard to find. I can read both English and Chinese subtitles. I only have Churasan, Honmamon and Carnation in English subtitles though.

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Apr 8th, '12, 03:05

xploring wrote:Can you let me know where to download this please?
http://bbs3.gogo.la/thread-325976-1-1.html

Just watched the 1st week. Even though I can't identify w/ ep.1, I can already say that it's better than the 1st week of Tsubasa (most recent one I've seen and dropped), by a country mile.

Vivienlove

Post by Vivienlove » Apr 9th, '12, 06:30

I really love Asadoras! something about them just warms your heart and you end up carrying for every character!

Right now i'm watching Carnation and loving it so much! I'm up to week 8 thanks to heiwa subs!! things are getting intense since now they are leading their lives into world war 2 :( and the man itoko married has a funny handsome charm about him!
for the people watching who is your favorite character? and also what I love about it is seeing all the vintage fashion! :wub:

and its a shame but im looking for ohisama! an asadora I always wished I could watch hopefully soon!!

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Apr 9th, '12, 07:01

So far I've only finished Ohisama and Gegege no Nyobo (thanks to Heiwa and yanie, respectively!), and I've got to say I'm loving asadoras! I'm currently watching Carnation and it's really an interesting and wonderful series. :lol

I've been meaning to watch the older asadoras but even if I can find some videos, they're raw so I wouldn't be able to understand them. ;;____;;

I also started watching Umechan Sensei on tudou and I think it's going to be a funny and interesting watch. Soo-jin has just started uploading eps 1&2 on d-addicts, so I'm really happy yaaay!l
xploring

If anyone wants to trade, please let me know too, asadoras are so hard to find. I can read both English and Chinese subtitles. I only have Churasan, Honmamon and Carnation in English subtitles though.
Is Chusaran good? I've always wanted to watch it. :D
Vivienlove

and its a shame but im looking for ohisama! an asadora I always wished I could watch hopefully soon!!
I have Ohisama! It's still uploaded here in d-addicts, right? I can seed as much as I can. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 9th, '12, 08:15

Vivienlove wrote:Right now i'm watching Carnation and loving it so much! I'm up to week 8 thanks to heiwa subs!! things are getting intense since now they are leading their lives into world war 2 :( and the man itoko married has a funny handsome charm about him!
for the people watching who is your favorite character? and also what I love about it is seeing all the vintage fashion! :wub:
I love to see the old fashion too, in Carnation!^v^ I don't really have a fav in Carnation, maybe it's Itoko herself. But I was kinda disappointed there was very little romance between her and her husband :(
I guess I'm loving dramas about reaching one's own dream. That's why Gegege and Carnation are my favs so far.

Someone's asking Churasan, I'd say give it a try, many give positive reviews (and it got many sequels too, up to Churasan 4), so it must be good. It was just not my cup of tea. I enjoyed about the first 3 weeks of it though. Yamada Takayuki stars, as the heroine's younger brother... oh, Becky too!

Sadly, I decided to drop Umechan sensei... :( Nothing wrong with the story or characters, but somehow, I'm always just not fond of stories set on the 1940s WWII era. (except GHIBLI's Hotaru no Haka XD) It's just so gloomy... i mean, I gotta say umechan crews did a good job with the destroyed city, but it made me feel sad to see it :(

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 9th, '12, 13:35

zettaiKaren wrote:

Just watched the 1st week. Even though I can't identify w/ ep.1, I can already say that it's better than the 1st week of Tsubasa (most recent one I've seen and dropped), by a country mile.
Thanks! Just watched the first 6 episodes of Umechan Sensei today. I like it very much. They got right into it and every fifteen minutes felt like more in that they told a lot about the story and the characters but without feeling rushed at the same time. That impressed me. A lot of outdoor settings, the shots by the creek looks great, and the ruins look quite authentic. Definitely looking forward to watching it again.

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 9th, '12, 13:47

beailoveyou wrote: Is Chusaran good? I've always wanted to watch it. :D
It's one of the best series I have watched. It's so funny but not just that, all the wacky and not so wacky characters are really interesting and when they get together, the sense of togetherness and how they are straight and also supportive with each other is very rare and really won me over. The cast is the strength in this series, the chemistry they have and how they jelled is second to none I think. That said, it is very long and the second half was dragged out compared to the first. The romance that is central to the series was also a bit underwhelming compared with other aspects of the series.

Vivienlove

Post by Vivienlove » Apr 10th, '12, 08:05

yanie wrote:
Vivienlove wrote:Right now i'm watching Carnation and loving it so much! I'm up to week 8 thanks to heiwa subs!! things are getting intense since now they are leading their lives into world war 2 :( and the man itoko married has a funny handsome charm about him!
I love to see the old fashion too, in Carnation!^v^ I don't really have a fav in Carnation, maybe it's Itoko herself. But I was kinda disappointed there was very little romance between her and her husband :(
I guess I'm loving dramas about reaching one's own dream. That's why Gegege and Carnation are my favs so far.

Someone's asking Churasan, I'd say give it a try, many give positive reviews (and it got many sequels too, up to Churasan 4), so it must be good. It was just not my cup of tea. I enjoyed about the first 3 weeks of it though. Yamada Takayuki stars, as the heroine's younger brother... oh, Becky too!

Sadly, I decided to drop Umechan sensei... :( Nothing wrong with the story or characters, but somehow, I'm always just not fond of stories set on the 1940s WWII era. (except GHIBLI's Hotaru no Haka XD) It's just so gloomy... i mean, I gotta say umechan crews did a good job with the destroyed city, but it made me feel sad to see it :(

Me to! and sadly I don't think her husband will be around much longer :(
and at first watching I was wondering who she would marry Kansuke? or remeber that guy at the place she apprentice at where she first saw a sewing machine. and he was a young guy..I can't remeber his name but he had an attitude i think! but I like her husband now! and i'm with you I wish there was more story line to them ! also the kansuke's (the beauty shops son) older brother is really really handsome! and gege was a really good one to :D osamu mukai <3

and oh I never seen chursan but i'll try it! and i just started watching Oshin and loving it! it's so diffrent so far and really real!

I hope asadoras get more love here!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 10th, '12, 14:27

Vivienlove wrote:or remeber that guy at the place she apprentice at where she first saw a sewing machine. and he was a young guy..I can't remeber his name but he had an attitude i think!
Haha, yeah I know who you're talking abt! I thought he had feelings for Itoko too... but apparently nothing happened :blink With Kansuke, it's obvious Itoko only thinks of him as a friend. I don't think Itoko ever really fall in love or have feelings for a guy even for a bit... her world seem to be around western clothing only XD

Vivienlove

Post by Vivienlove » Apr 10th, '12, 17:52

yanie wrote:
Vivienlove wrote:or remeber that guy at the place she apprentice at where she first saw a sewing machine. and he was a young guy..I can't remeber his name but he had an attitude i think!
Haha, yeah I know who you're talking abt! I thought he had feelings for Itoko too... but apparently nothing happened :blink With Kansuke, it's obvious Itoko only thinks of him as a friend. I don't think Itoko ever really fall in love or have feelings for a guy even for a bit... her world seem to be around western clothing only XD
haha thats true he's more of a brother she never had xD hopefully he will make it thru the war! :( and yeah theres a lot of side characters that didn't do to much like I wish they had like the kabuki actor he seemed interesting! lol! but im excited for after the war eps cause i think thats when we will really see more interesting and diffrent clothes <3 and yeaah week 9 subs are out!! :D hopefully I can watch it soon, but i'm gonna be busy shopping today for shoes :)

also did u finish gege no nyobo? i haven't yet! but i'm enjoying it!

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Apr 10th, '12, 19:13

I have seen three: Oshin, Churasan, and Gegege. I must say, I loved Oshin, anyone's all-time favorite.

and thoroughly enjoyed Churasan -- really enjoyed the characters in Tokyo apartment, especially Maliya san. I know, you just gotta give it a chance after the Tokyo move. Once it gets situated, many new charactors emerge.

Gegege is just so very sweet and warm. I love all three of them.

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Apr 13th, '12, 00:19

xploring wrote:Thanks! Just watched the first 6 episodes of Umechan Sensei today. I like it very much. They got right into it and every fifteen minutes felt like more in that they told a lot about the story and the characters but without feeling rushed at the same time. That impressed me. A lot of outdoor settings, the shots by the creek looks great, and the ruins look quite authentic. Definitely looking forward to watching it again.
You're welcome! I've watched up to ep.10, and it's gotten to the point where I can't say enough good things about the show and need my daily fix. It's updated here, usually within 24 hrs after broadcast:

http://share.dmhy.me/topics/list/sort_id/6

For those who can't read traditional Chinese, you can do a search in the top search box or just look for Umechan Sensei, click on the link, then click on the magnet link on the next page and just download the .mkv file. No registration is req'd.

Vivienlove

Post by Vivienlove » Apr 13th, '12, 01:03

this is for all the carnation fans! found an article about the real life itoko and her daugthers! ^^ and the article also has photos of them
http://www.sawfnews.com/fashion/9605.aspx

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Apr 13th, '12, 01:10

zettaiKaren wrote:

Yeah, I think so. I got 1st week 6 episodes from d-addicts (RAW uploaded by soo-jin). But it has been dropped and removed. No torrrent can be found. Would you share/upload the next episodes here on d-addicts? I can't read Chinese character at all. :-(
Thanks in advance.

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Apr 13th, '12, 01:47

zettaiKaren wrote:You're welcome! I've watched up to ep.10, and it's gotten to the point where I can't say enough good things about the show and need my daily fix. It's updated here, usually within 24 hrs after broadcast:

For those who can't read traditional Chinese, you can do a search in the top search box or just look for Umechan Sensei, click on the link, then click on the magnet link on the next page and just download the .mkv file. No registration is req'd.

Thanks for this! I was away for a while and found the torrents of Umechan Sensei uploaded in d-addicts gone, so this is a really big help! Thank youuuu!!! :salut: I'm really loving this series! :wub:

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Apr 13th, '12, 02:58

beailoveyou wrote:
zettaiKaren wrote:You're welcome! I've watched up to ep.10, and it's gotten to the point where I can't say enough good things about the show and need my daily fix. It's updated here, usually within 24 hrs after broadcast:

Thanks for this! I was away for a while and found the torrents of Umechan Sensei uploaded in d-addicts gone, so this is a really big help! Thank youuuu!!! :salut: I'm really loving this series! :wub:
Yatta... :cheers:
Thanks guys :salut:

ps790

Post by ps790 » Apr 14th, '12, 20:35

The thought police at NHK have clearly been putting pressure to get as many torrent and Umechan streaming sites as possible offline. The Umechan videos at Souku.com have become inaccessable outside of China, and the non-China torrent sites seem to have suddenly similarly removed the Umechan files. Are those of us without access to International NHK by cable and satellite TV going to have to rent proxy servers in China? I hope not.

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Apr 17th, '12, 08:05

ps790 wrote:The thought police at NHK have clearly been putting pressure to get as many torrent and Umechan streaming sites as possible offline. The Umechan videos at Souku.com have become inaccessable outside of China, and the non-China torrent sites seem to have suddenly similarly removed the Umechan files. Are those of us without access to International NHK by cable and satellite TV going to have to rent proxy servers in China? I hope not.
So sad to hear that. Looks like no one nor fansub who confirm about its subbing.
Furthermore, it has long episodes. Maybe people think it will spend a lot of time and energy. It can't be helped.

ps790

Post by ps790 » Apr 25th, '12, 00:04

For those of us continuing to watch UMECHAN via the Chinese mainland torrent sites, some interesting background is on the following NHK special about the fire bombings of Tokyo during WWII. This helps you understand how the area that Umechan lives in was reduced to a Yakenohara:

By the way, Pandora.tv has Umechan, just like they featured almost all of Carnation. Somehow that site in Korea seems to be beyond the influence of NHK's attempts to squash all efforts for their cash cow Asadora or other programming to appear out there on the net. Pandora.tv is rather poor resolution, and full of troublesome commercials, so I recommend the Chinese sites. The Chinese sites also have other Japanese dramas and programming before it appears (or doesn't) on D-Addicts, so it makes sense to spend the time to learn how to use them. I think that any person with basic Japanese literacy (JPLT n2 or better) should be able to navigate through the Chinese WWW sites.

choyroer

Post by choyroer » May 7th, '12, 05:39

Hi guys. Recently I read Maki-chan fans Live Journal community. It is said that they're currently subbing Umechan sensei. Anybody heard about it or even had joined them? I can't really tell much, 'cuz my request to join them is still pending.

Here's the link
http://horikita-maki.livejournal.com/ta ... n%20sensei

I hope they will post the subs here on d-addicts. :roll

groink

Post by groink » May 14th, '12, 02:19

I wrote the following list on my web site back in 2007. The following are my top-10 lists of NHK morning dramas:

Overall Best

Asuka (1999-2000)
Fight (2005)
Oshin (1983-1984)
Churasan (2001)
Junjo Kirari (2006)
Futarikko (1996-1997)
Himawari (1996)
Mio-Tsukushi (1985)
Teruteru Kazoku (2003-2004)
Piano (1994)

Compact Disc Soundtrack

Fight (2005)
Churasan (2001)
Kaze no Haruka (2005-2006)
Asuka (1999-2000)
Hirari (1992-1993)
Himawari (1996)
Karin (1993-1994)
Junjo Kirari (2006)
Piano (1994)
Hashiran ka! (1995-1996)

Favorite Heroine/Hero

Kido Yuu (Fight)
Oshin
Miyamoto Asuka (Asuka)
Mizuno Haruka (Kaze no Haruka)
Arimori Sakurako (Junjo Kirari)
Minamida Nozomi (Himawari)
Matsushita Sakura (Sakura)
Iwata Fuyuko (Teruteru Kazoku)
Hidaka Manten (Manten)
Mizushima Nagisa (Yanchakure)

Since this list, not much changed. I really liked Chiritotechin and Gegege no Nyobo. I also finally got around to watch Kimi no Na wa. Talk about 312 episodes of dark, drab historical boredom!!! Could not get beyond episode 90. And, watched Miyako no Kaze which was the last asadora aired by TV JAPAN before getting rid of its "encore" asadora timeslot.

--- groink (crawls back into his hole and hides for another few years)
@groinksan at Twitter

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Jun 1st, '12, 15:45

お帰りなさい~ groinkさん Good to have you back. Just want to say... miss reading your posting. :-)

Gegege is a heartwarming drama in the modern time, relatively speaking. Though I enjoyed it but I ended up casting a vote for Oshin.

Oshin is the best asadora (imo), as it depicts a longer period which really gives a good understanding of the commoner livelihood during pre-war and post-war time. The main actresses (from young Oshin, adult Oshin to elderly Oshin) really brings out the character in their respective roles.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Jun 11th, '12, 19:13

How do I vote in the poll? According to my permissions, I am allowed to vote in the Forum.

Since I have watched only 2, Churasan and Junjo Kirari my vote may not mean that much. I am a big fan of Miyazaki Aoi, so my vote would be for Junjo Kirari. But I really liked Churasan and have watched all the added seasons 2 through 4.

:scratch:

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Jun 26th, '12, 00:25

ps790 wrote:... so it makes sense to spend the time to learn how to use them. I think that any person with basic Japanese literacy (JPLT n2 or better) should be able to navigate through the Chinese WWW sites.
I'm pretty fluent in Japanese and I can mostly figure out these Chinese sites, but anything I find for Umechan tells me that the video can only be played in mainland China (but I can watch the video you linked for some reason.)

The other site that has been linked:
has become very slow at uploading the episodes, and I'm worried they're going drop off eventually.

Does anyone know of any other sites? I'm totally happy watching them raw, happier actually, because the subbing might be what's taking so long. I wonder where the Chinese get their raws from?

onemogin

Post by onemogin » Jun 26th, '12, 08:07

@occultangle
How about this site? http://vlog.xuite.net/e10000

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Jun 26th, '12, 09:31

@onemogin

YES!!! Thank you!!! You are a life saver.

The quality is definitely pretty bad, but beggars can't be choosers. Now I just have like 30+ episodes to watch to catch up.

fedex

Post by fedex » Jun 26th, '12, 09:49

@occultangle:i have a HD raw of a asadora Umechan Sensei ,but can someone pick up it to upload it to d-addicts to reserved for the future ,becoz the raw now in the host ,it easily be deleted ... i intend to up this but my internet line is so slow ,so i am looking for someone can up this...
thank you :)

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 3rd, '12, 09:46

occultangle wrote:@onemogin

YES!!! Thank you!!! You are a life saver.

The quality is definitely pretty bad, but beggars can't be choosers. Now I just have like 30+ episodes to watch to catch up.
I haven't been keeping up-to-date, but may be you can try here:
http://mytvbt.net/viewthread.php?tid=19 ... a=page%3D1

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Jul 3rd, '12, 20:18

@xploring

thanks for this site, but they are not accepting new members so I can't register. Also, they don't tell you what you need to download. Thanks for this alternative.

ttkh62

Post by ttkh62 » Jul 6th, '12, 03:55

I just finished watching Gegege no Nyobo and it was good. Now I want to watch Churasan but I don't know where? Can someone let me know where to download or watch online please!!!!!!!! Thanks

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 6th, '12, 09:13

ttkh62 wrote:I just finished watching Gegege no Nyobo and it was good. Now I want to watch Churasan but I don't know where? Can someone let me know where to download or watch online please!!!!!!!! Thanks
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... n&start=25

Subtitles
Churasan 1
Churasan 2
Churasan 3
Churasan 4

ps790

Post by ps790 » Jul 8th, '12, 21:19

ttkh62 wrote:

> Now I want to watch Churasan but I don't know where?

A few seconds of searching on D-Addicts or on the WWW (in Japanese, naturally) will answer this immediately. There is a Chinese torrent site up to episode 42 and streaming video thereafter.

hamanosilence

Post by hamanosilence » Jul 27th, '12, 18:53

So far I have "just" seen,
Churasan, Hitomi, Tsubasa, Teppan, Welkame, Gege no Nyoubou and Ohisama.

As only Churasan and Gegege are on the list I decide for Churasan as I like it best. Even though it is hard to compare Gegege to Churasan. But I think Churasan has more interesting and developing characters in the story. Besides the heroine I am way too fond of Maria in it :)

Between every of those 7 I think it is a close call between Hitomi (2008) and Churasan who is first. Churasan compels with the fairtalelike story , the setup and the vast interesting characters. Hitomi has a nice setting around foster parenting and also the dancing part for Eikura Nana. I think without doubt I can recomend, Churasan, Gegege, Hitomi. Teppan is nice too but lacks somehow a bit of athmosphere. Tsubasa has a ncie idea but is sometimes too wacky for my taste. Ohisama is really well done but it get's somehow draggy in the end, and worst is that they dissolved the 3 girls group so early that MAiko and Hikari get too less screentime later on. Welkame was okay, but nothig special about it.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 3rd, '12, 11:07

I just started watching Jun to Ai. I really liked the first three episodes. It's so cute and I love Juns (Natsuna) tomboyish character. And Shunsuke Kazama is a gift from the acting gods anyway. :)

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Dec 2nd, '12, 02:16

You think there might be someone who'd be willing to re-seed an older asadora? Like Dondo Hare or Hirari? That would really be awsome!

itthaq

Post by itthaq » Jan 9th, '14, 03:00

i had watching oshin, gegege no nyobo and carnation. and now i trying to watch gochisousan.
hope it good like the other three..
:D

fookie

Post by fookie » Jan 16th, '14, 21:12

I haven't been watching asadora for long so i have only seen a few (Amachan, Ohisama, currently watching Oshin and i have seen a few episodes of both Teppan and Gochisousan) but Amachan is my favorite :) I really LOVE Amachan!

Cannot vote for that one in the poll though...
Last edited by fookie on Jan 17th, '14, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Jan 16th, '14, 23:46

itthaq wrote:i had watching oshin, gegege no nyobo and carnation. and now i trying to watch gochisousan.
hope it good like the other three..
Right now there are quite a few fairly recent uploads. Most are RAW, though.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:16 am Post subject: Hitomi (2008) (Asadora) (704x396 Complete batch)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_145031.htm

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 am Post subject: Chiritotechin (Asadora) (Complete batch)
English subs available
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_125289.htm

Teppan (2010) asadora
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... rch=teppan

Jun to Ai
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... =jun+to+Ai

Junjo Kirari
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... omplete%2C

Fight (2005)
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 am Post subject: Fight (2005, Asadora) RAW
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_139766.htm

There may be more.

:unsure:

fookie

Post by fookie » Jan 17th, '14, 01:12

Keiko1981 wrote:Churasan? :)
Subtitles available for all seasons.
I've just downloaded Chiritotechin. When I'm done watching that (might take a while :) ) Churasan is next on the menu. I don't speak Japanese so I can only watch subbed asadora.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Jan 17th, '14, 01:40

fookie wrote:
I've just downloaded Chiritotechin. When I'm done watching that (might take a while :) ) Churasan is next on the menu. I don't speak Japanese so I can only watch subbed asadora.
Add Carnation which is excellent and has English subs right here at D-Addicts:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... n+%28weeks

You can also get Gegege no Nyobo (complete) with English subs at AsiaTorrents and Registration is Open currently if you are not already a member there.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Jan 17th, '14, 03:51

Yes, I like Churasan too!

occho

Post by occho » Jan 17th, '14, 05:19

iam only watch churasan and amachan in asadora
so i vote churasan, i like okinawa

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jan 17th, '14, 18:53

I watched Ohisama and Gegege no Nyobo from the begining to the end, I loved them both.

I have an issue with Amachan, it was my first Asadora to be on Modern day, so I was a bit uneasy if I should continue to watch it or not.
(I love the early 20s theme, doramas don't quite have it, they have either 21st century or Bakumatsu or earlier, that's why Asadoras picked my interest, many of them are from early 20s until World War II).
But I gave a go to Amachan and I loved the Tohoku/Ama arc, it was so traditional and nostalgic. But... when the Idol thing came, I lost interest and I stopped watching it. Maybe someday, I'll watch it again, maybe...

I started Carnation, Oshin and Gochisousan. So far I love the three of them, especially Gochisousan (it's a pity that the episodes and subtitles are taking a while;_;). I put on hold on Carnation and Oshin because of Gochisousan, but maybe I'll start again, while waiting for Gochisousan again!

For future, I'm planning on watching Umechan Sensei.

fookie

Post by fookie » Jan 17th, '14, 21:33

dhisashi wrote:
fookie wrote:
Add Carnation which is excellent and has English subs right here at D-Addicts:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... n+%28weeks
Thanks, just added it to my download queue :)
dhisashi wrote:You can also get Gegege no Nyobo (complete) with English subs at AsiaTorrents and Registration is Open currently if you are not already a member there.

Thanks again! I didn't know about that site. I'll go over and register there now. You can never have too many dorama sources.
Gegege no Nyobo seems to be quite nice :)

When I've downloaded both shows i will definately have enough heartwarming asadora to get me through those boring and cold winter evenings!

fookie

Post by fookie » Jan 17th, '14, 21:48

kathia_sophia wrote:I watched Ohisama and Gegege no Nyobo from the begining to the end, I loved them both.

I have an issue with Amachan, it was my first Asadora to be on Modern day, so I was a bit uneasy if I should continue to watch it or not.
For me it was the opposite. Amachan was the first asadora I watched, so I was a little surprised when I learned that many asadora take place in earlier times. I do like those a lot though :)
kathia_sophia wrote:
(I love the early 20s theme, doramas don't quite have it, they have either 21st century or Bakumatsu or earlier, that's why Asadoras picked my interest, many of them are from early 20s until World War II).
But I gave a go to Amachan and I loved the Tohoku/Ama arc, it was so traditional and nostalgic. But... when the Idol thing came, I lost interest and I stopped watching it. Maybe someday, I'll watch it again, maybe...
I really liked the idol arch :unsure:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 3rd, '14, 05:56

So I saw the first 3 eps of Hanako & Anne. Haven't been watching asadora since Jun to Ai which I dropped midway. I decided to watch Hanako because I love the 2 main actresses, Yoshitaka Yuriko and Nakama Yukie.

Still too early to judge whether this is a good one or not, and the child actress didn't impress me either. But the interesting factor for me, this drama reminds me of Oshin a lot, because of the same Meiji period... same clothes, same house, poor family, the girl have to work at a rich family's house so her family can get loads of rice which is too expensive for them.

But reading the general synopsis seems like the story is gonna be interesting when Hanako attends boarding school where everyone speaks English. Every asadora girl has her own dream. Hanako's dream is books, she wants to read as many books as she can. (this is based on a true story of a Japanese-English translator who lived in the Meiji to Showa period)

First episode rating was 21.8%.

I'll keep watching.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Apr 8th, '14, 14:09

yanie wrote:So I saw the first 3 eps of Hanako & Anne. Haven't been watching asadora since Jun to Ai which I dropped midway. I decided to watch Hanako because I love the 2 main actresses, Yoshitaka Yuriko and Nakama Yukie.

Still too early to judge whether this is a good one or not, and the child actress didn't impress me either. But the interesting factor for me, this drama reminds me of Oshin a lot, because of the same Meiji period... same clothes, same house, poor family, the girl have to work at a rich family's house so her family can get loads of rice which is too expensive for them.

But reading the general synopsis seems like the story is gonna be interesting when Hanako attends boarding school where everyone speaks English. Every asadora girl has her own dream. Hanako's dream is books, she wants to read as many books as she can. (this is based on a true story of a Japanese-English translator who lived in the Meiji to Showa period)

First episode rating was 21.8%.

I'll keep watching.
Can I asked where did you download the series? I want to watch Hanako & Anne for Yoshitaka Yuriko too but don't see a torrent link here. :(

gz2009

Post by gz2009 » Apr 8th, '14, 14:55

Don't know if they are getting it from here, but it is currently being broadcast on NHK World Premium:

http://nhkworldpremium.com/program/deta ... false&c=26

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 9th, '14, 23:22

j_halo7 wrote:
Can I asked where did you download the series? I want to watch Hanako & Anne for Yoshitaka Yuriko too but don't see a torrent link here. :(
With Chinese subtitles
http://www.kamigami.org/forum.php?mod=v ... &tid=76268

kane.tai.masa

Post by kane.tai.masa » May 21st, '14, 14:36

Hi all. I just came back from an amazing first trip in Japan and watching Asadoras really give you a different perspective of the culture there. They're highly respected there and I heard from the locals that Hanako to Anne is interesting.

Anyway, here's my Asadora album. Hope you guys enjoy them and encourage you all to go visit Japan sometime, although I bet a few of you (especially fansubbers) are living there at the moment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124829205 ... 778131194/

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » May 27th, '14, 21:54

j_halo7 wrote:Can I asked where did you download the series? I want to watch Hanako & Anne for Yoshitaka Yuriko too but don't see a torrent link here. :(
"xaxa" has uploaded here at: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_150450.htm

He also has them on his web site.

I have Japanese retimed subs at: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_150669.htm

:-)

pearlyriver

Post by pearlyriver » Dec 5th, '14, 08:26

I hope this thread can stay active. I hate soap opera and I can never watch past the 5th episode of an Asadora, but Massan is surprisingly very good. Charlotte Kate Fox stole the show and I find myself looking forward to new episodes even when I don't care for whisky.

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Apr 4th, '15, 04:11

I want to thank xploring for that link to kamigami. They are now uploading CH/JP hardsubs of Mare.

I fear they will likely fall behind, so if anyone knows of any streaming sites, or better yet, torrents of the raws, please do tell.

The first week isn't even finished yet, so hopefully raws will start showing up on Nyaa eventually.

ZemusDS

Post by ZemusDS » Apr 4th, '15, 08:39

I am sure they will. As far as I know, DoA is planning to release Mare as well, so yeah, there should be RAWs up on Nyaa in due time.

Really excited for Mare myself. Can't wait to watch it!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 4th, '15, 08:54

ZemusDS wrote:I am sure they will. As far as I know, DoA is planning to release Mare as well, so yeah, there should be RAWs up on Nyaa in due time.

Really excited for Mare myself. Can't wait to watch it!
That's great news! :)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 6th, '15, 08:07

Here's the ratings of Asadoras from 2010 onwards: (thanks to tvkansou)

2014年後期『マッサン』   (関東)25.0/21.1(関西)26.2/22.2
2014年前期『花子とアン』  (関東)25.9/22.6(関西)25.0/21.6
2013年後期『ごちそうさん』 (関東)27.3/22.4(関西)24.6/21.8
2013年前期『あまちゃん』   (関東)27.0/20.6(関西)22.1/16.9
2012年後期『純と愛』    (関東)20.2/17.1(関西)18.4/15.9
2012年前期『梅ちゃん先生』 (関東)24.9/20.7(関西)21.3/18.5
2011年後期『カーネーション』(関東)25.0/19.1(関西)22.7/19.6
2011年前期『おひさま』   (関東)22.6/18.8(関西)21.3/16.5
2010年後期『てっぱん』   (関東)23.6/17.2(関西)19.8/16.2
2010年前期『ゲゲゲの女房』 (関東)23.6/18.6(関西)20.0/15.9

I didn't watch the modern ones, but for the periods I watched (Gegege, Ohi, Carnation, Gochis, Hanako and currently Massan), I absolutely loved Gochisousan and Hanako to Anne (I always love food-related shows and as for Hanako, loved her love story).
Ohisama was my first Asadora and because of that, it belongs to a very special place of my heart. Gegege no Nyobo was a funny ride for me and I have a fond feeling of real-life stories. I haven't finished Carnation yet, but for me is the weakest of them all. Massan is my current Asadora and I'm loving this one, such an heart-warming story.

The other ones, such as Teppan, Jun to Ai, Amachan and Mare, I won't watch. I think I got my portion of current-times doramas on my belt, so I've been interested on the Word War II kind of settings, and Asadoras are the best ones that bring that period to it's best form.

I'm still waiting for Umechan Sensei. I hope there is someone out there to take this series and do english substitles.
Last edited by kathia_sophia on Apr 6th, '15, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 6th, '15, 08:12

Just out of curiosity. Which one is the second most poplar asadora by viewership ratings?

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 6th, '15, 08:34

Keiko1981 wrote:Just out of curiosity. Which one is the second most poplar asadora by viewership ratings?
Before Oshin (52.6 viewership), there was Mayuko Hitori (47.4%). After Oshin is Mio Tsukushi (44.3%).

For more info, see below:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mayuko_Hitori
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mio-Tsukushi

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 6th, '15, 08:43

kathia_sophia wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:Just out of curiosity. Which one is the second most poplar asadora by viewership ratings?
Before Oshin (52.6 viewership), there was Mayuko Hitori (47.4%). After Oshin is Mio Tsukushi (44.3%).

For more info, see below:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mayuko_Hitori
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mio-Tsukushi
Thank you. :)

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Apr 6th, '15, 08:53

To add to that, after a general decline in ratings, dropping to 13.5% for Welkame in 2009, there has been mostly a rise in ratings. Hanako to Anne seems to be the highest amongst recent ones at 22.6, followed by Gochisousan at 22.4, according to the Japanese Wikipedia page.

ZemusDS

Post by ZemusDS » Apr 6th, '15, 13:29

Keiko, you could take a look at the Video Research page if you want to check more on ratings (in Japanese, last column):
http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/program/02asa.htm

Or Japanese Wikipedia, http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%80%A3% ... 0.E8.A6.A7 Click on the % column to sort according to ratings.

Champstice

Post by Champstice » Apr 6th, '15, 21:25

Is there a list anywhere for which Asadoras are subbed?

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Apr 6th, '15, 23:35

Champstice wrote:Is there a list anywhere for which Asadoras are subbed?
There are English subs for the following 10 available here at D-Addicts just check the Subtitle Index. Junjo Kirari should be finished shortly as the first 25 of 26 weeks are finished.

64 Churasan (ちゅらさん?) 2001 2001 The first Asadora set in Okinawa. Starring Ryōko Kuninaka
74 Junjō Kirari (純情きらり?) 2006 2006 Starring Aoi Miyazaki. Events take place in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture.
77 Chiritotechin (ちりとてちん?) 2007 2008 Starring Shihori Kanjiya. The storyline focuses on the art of rakugo.
82 Gegege no Nyobo (ゲゲゲの女房?) 2010 2010 Starring Nao Matsushita. Fumie is the wife of manga artist Shigeru Mizuki.
84 Ohisama (おひさま?) 2011 2011 Starring Mao Inoue. The title refers to the sun, and thus also relates to the heroine Yoko.
85 Carnation (カーネーション?) 2011 2012 Starring Machiko Ono. Based on the life of fashion designer Ayako Koshino.
88 Amachan (あまちゃん?) 2013 2013 Starring Rena Nōnen as a young woman who becomes an ama and then an idol.
89 Gochisōsan (ごちそうさん?) 2013 2014 Starring Anne Watanabe
90 Hanako to Anne (花子とアン?) 2014 2014 Starring Yuriko Yoshitaka as Hanako Muraoka
91 Massan (マッサン?) 2014 2015 Starring Charlotte Kate Fox as Ellie Kameyama, wife of Masaharu Kameyama, (Tetsuji Tamayama)

The number in front is the sequence number as Churasan was the 64th Asadora to be broadcast and Massan was the 91st.

Finding the RAW may be a bit more difficult however.

Hope this helps you.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Apr 6th, '15, 23:38

kathia_sophia wrote:Here's the ratings of Asadoras from 2010 onwards: (thanks to tvkansou)
2014年後期『マッサン』   (関東)25.0/21.1(関西)26.2/22.2
2014年前期『花子とアン』  (関東)25.9/22.6(関西)25.0/21.6
2013年後期『ごちそうさん』 (関東)27.3/22.4(関西)24.6/21.8
2013年前期『あまちゃん』   (関東)27.0/20.6(関西)22.1/16.9
2012年後期『純と愛』    (関東)20.2/17.1(関西)18.4/15.9
2012年前期『梅ちゃん先生』 (関東)24.9/20.7(関西)21.3/18.5
2011年後期『カーネーション』(関東)25.0/19.1(関西)22.7/19.6
2011年前期『おひさま』   (関東)22.6/18.8(関西)21.3/16.5
2010年後期『てっぱん』   (関東)23.6/17.2(関西)19.8/16.2
2010年前期『ゲゲゲの女房』 (関東)23.6/18.6(関西)20.0/15.9
Machine translation:
2014 Massan 21.8 25.0 21.1 ※ 11
2014 Hanako and Anne 21.8 25.9 22.6
2013 Gochisōsan 22.0 27.3 22.3 ※ 10
2013 Amachan 20.1 27.0  20.6 ※ 9 
2012 Jun to Ai 19.8 20.2 17.1
2012 Umechan Sensei 18.5 24.9 20.7
2011 Carnation 16.1 25.0 19.1
2011 Ohisama 18.4 22.6 18.8 ※ 8
2010 Teppan 18.2 23.6 17.2 ※ 7
2010 Gegege no Nyobou 14.8 23.6 18.6 ※ 6

:-)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 7th, '15, 07:49

dhisashi wrote:
Champstice wrote:Is there a list anywhere for which Asadoras are subbed?
There are English subs for the following 10 available here at D-Addicts just check the Subtitle Index. Junjo Kirari should be finished shortly as the first 25 of 26 weeks are finished.

64 Churasan (ちゅらさん?) 2001 2001 The first Asadora set in Okinawa. Starring Ryōko Kuninaka
74 Junjō Kirari (純情きらり?) 2006 2006 Starring Aoi Miyazaki. Events take place in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture.
77 Chiritotechin (ちりとてちん?) 2007 2008 Starring Shihori Kanjiya. The storyline focuses on the art of rakugo.
82 Gegege no Nyobo (ゲゲゲの女房?) 2010 2010 Starring Nao Matsushita. Fumie is the wife of manga artist Shigeru Mizuki.
84 Ohisama (おひさま?) 2011 2011 Starring Mao Inoue. The title refers to the sun, and thus also relates to the heroine Yoko.
85 Carnation (カーネーション?) 2011 2012 Starring Machiko Ono. Based on the life of fashion designer Ayako Koshino.
88 Amachan (あまちゃん?) 2013 2013 Starring Rena Nōnen as a young woman who becomes an ama and then an idol.
89 Gochisōsan (ごちそうさん?) 2013 2014 Starring Anne Watanabe
90 Hanako to Anne (花子とアン?) 2014 2014 Starring Yuriko Yoshitaka as Hanako Muraoka
91 Massan (マッサン?) 2014 2015 Starring Charlotte Kate Fox as Ellie Kameyama, wife of Masaharu Kameyama, (Tetsuji Tamayama)

The number in front is the sequence number as Churasan was the 64th Asadora to be broadcast and Massan was the 91st.

Finding the RAW may be a bit more difficult however.

Hope this helps you.
I think Oshin is being subbed right? I think it's half away. I thought Jun to Ai was subbed as well, I remenber people discussing that Asadora back then.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 8th, '15, 23:03

I finished Massan and I was so sad it was over, and got bored because I had nothing to watch, so I gave a go to Mare.

Even though I don't quite appreciate modern-day Asadoras, I loved Mare, at least until week 4 which is where I am. It's still 2002 on Mare's cronology, which is so charming as it reminds me of my childhood (clothes, tvs, early computers). And it was the first asadora heroine who had no dream and hated them, though we know she'll have an amazing one soon. I'll keep watching it until the end. Thank you Heiwa!!!!
(because of Mare, I finally will resume Amachan, which I dropped after episode 50, I hope I don't regret it)

Have you all heard about the upcoming asadora? The one to follow Mare will be Asa ga Kita. It will be another story taken after a real-life person (NHK surely is making quite a few of them right?). "Asa ga Kita" is modeled after businesswoman Hirooka Asako who lived during the end of the Edo Period to the Taisho Period. It depicts the life of "Asa" (Haru) who marries a man running a prominent money-exchange business in Osaka, and makes every effort to run a colliery company, to establish a bank, and more, on behalf of her prodigal husband. Credits @ Tokyohive.
Miyazaki Aoi will return to Asadora and will play the heroine's younger sister AND Tamaki Hiroshi will be the heroine's prodigal husband. So far seems promising.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » May 9th, '15, 01:47

kathia_sophia wrote:<BigSnip>
Miyazaki Aoi will return to Asadora and will play the heroine's younger sister AND Tamaki Hiroshi will be the heroine's prodigal husband. So far seems promising.
I will be looking forward to this one. I love the work that Aoi Miyazki does. Interestingly my user icon is from a movie that Aoi starred in alongside Tamaki Hiroshi, "Heavenly Forest".

But I also have liked Mare very much. It has such a strong supporting cast. Yuko Tanaka and Guts were in Oshin. Yuko was Oshin for about 180 of the 297 episodes (there were three actresses that portrayed Oshin).

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 9th, '15, 07:24

dhisashi wrote:
kathia_sophia wrote:<BigSnip>
I will be looking forward to this one. I love the work that Aoi Miyazki does. Interestingly my user icon is from a movie that Aoi starred in alongside Tamaki Hiroshi, "Heavenly Forest".

But I also have liked Mare very much. It has such a strong supporting cast. Yuko Tanaka and Guts were in Oshin. Yuko was Oshin for about 180 of the 297 episodes (there were three actresses that portrayed Oshin).
I like Miyazaki Aoi, I've seen her lots of time. I also seen that movie "Heavenly Forest" and I really liked.

I didn't know Tanaka Yuko was the adult Oshin, but that is because I'm still on the child portion of the show.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » May 9th, '15, 12:23

kathia_sophia wrote: Miyazaki Aoi will return to Asadora and will play the heroine's younger sister AND Tamaki Hiroshi will be the heroine's prodigal husband. So far seems promising.
Miyazaki will play the older sister, actually. I was quite surprised since she definitely looks younger than Haru (although she is older than Haru actually), and I wanted her to pair up with Tamaki after their Heavenly Forest turn, heh.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 9th, '15, 13:19

kitty10 wrote:
kathia_sophia wrote: Miyazaki Aoi will return to Asadora and will play the heroine's younger sister AND Tamaki Hiroshi will be the heroine's prodigal husband. So far seems promising.
Miyazaki will play the older sister, actually. I was quite surprised since she definitely looks younger than Haru (although she is older than Haru actually), and I wanted her to pair up with Tamaki after their Heavenly Forest turn, heh.
Oh yes she will be the older sister, I got it wrong when I wrote here :P Well I don't mind to Tamaki to pair with Haru, I think it will lovely to get a suffle once in a while :D since he already appeared with Aoi before as her romantic partner.
And I agree with you, Aoi looks definately the younger sister, but its because she has that timeless look. To me, she looked like a elementary school student in Heavenly Forest, even though she is in her late 20s :blink

I will check on Asa ga Kita, as I never watched an Asadora heroine who is a bussinesswomen before. I think it will be very interesting considering it was a time where women had a minor role in society (Edo to Taisho period).

But for now I will keep busy with Mare, and I've got to finish Amachan and Carnation yet, I've stopped that 50 episode for both, so I have plenty to watch. I'm still waiting for Umechan Sensei though. It's a pity no one is picking up that project, if the japanese subtitles were available, I would try to translate it, but those aren't around either.

pearlyriver

Post by pearlyriver » Jun 20th, '15, 08:19

I wonder if there's been an Asadora about an elite athlete i.e Olympics level?