[Discussion] Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 13th, '14, 01:21

Oh boy. Oh wow. Okay, I'm pretty sure Hanae and Yuto are still end game, but episode 9 did throw in a few (cliche) surprises. And Tamaki Hiroshi was super cool, super sexy in this episode! Yu is perfect!
Yuto and Hanae meet Yuto's mom again, and he tells her he plans to work after graduation instead of going to grad school. Mom is relieved, but wonders if he'll be able to find a job since he rejected Teiko's offer. Yuto assures her he'll find something and that he plans to be with Hanae (ie get married) once he finds a job. Mom has no objections. She then gives them coupons for an onsen trip that must be used during weekdays.

Hanae tells her parents about the marriage proposal and her mom is delighted for her. Dad is happy too, but also feels sad.

Hanae asks Boss Tachibana for permission to take leave, while Yuto calls in sick on that day. The two enjoy themselves, with Hanae feeling particularly thrilled at being addressed as "madam" (meaning she's someone else's wife). Yuto even gives her a massage after they soak in the open-air bath.

Hanae then dreams that it was all an elaborate joke - Yuto proposing, quitting his research etc - by Sayaka (Ichika's daughter) and Yuto and Bushi-san were going along with Sayaka's plan. Her dream makes her realise that while Yuto has been making her happy, she hasn't done anything for him in return.

This troubles Hanae, so she tries any number of things - such as offering to clean his ears (something she'd seen Mom do for Dad), pretending to fall down, acting coy, etc - to either get his attention or do something for him. Yuto just wonders why she's acting all weird.

Hanae goes to the udon shop for lunch and runs into Yu, who greets her and invites her to sit at his table. She does so and he wonders if she's got something to ask him - usually she refuses his offer to sit at the same table. Hanae confesses that Yuto has proposed to her - they plan to get married after he graduates. Yu merely goes "I see" and continues eating. Hanae looks a bit put out, thinking that normal friends would be happy at such news but Yu's reaction is so cold - Yu and her are indeed like monkey and dog (aka enemies).

Hanae asks Yu how should a woman make a man happy? Yu grins and asks if she plans to reward him? Hanae says it's for Yuto instead, and Yu suggests she wrap her nude self up as a present and tell Yuto "I'm your present", hahahaha. Hanae snaps that she's asking a serious question. Yu sobers up and says to make someone happy, it should be to stay by that person's side and work with him towards his dream. It'd be perfect if she could occasionally give him a push in that direction. But to find such a person is sometimes even harder than achieving one's dreams. Yu then leaves as Hanae mulls over his words.

Hanae drops by Bushi-san's diner with souvenirs and meets Yuto's professor Shibayama and his assistant Tosaki Keiko. Prof says (nicely, though) Yuto has changed since meeting Hanae, to the extent of giving up on his research dream. Prof feels it's a shame, since he had high hopes for Yuto. Later, Keiko comes back and it turns out she's Yuto's ex. Keiko figures Yuto must really like Hanae for him to give up research to be with her. Keiko says Yuto is willing to go the distance for the people he cares for even if it may be hard on him - that's both his strength and weakness. She feels it's a real shame for Yuto to give up research since he's got such a bright future.

Yuto talks to Boss Tachibana whether the job offer is still open, and Boss figures it's becuase of Hanae...

Yuto comes by the diner and Bushi-san asks about not doing research. Yuto says his priorities have changed and even though Hanae asks if it's really okay for him not to go to grad school, Yuto says he can't allow her to wait so long for him. On the way back, Yuto invites Hanae to go look at the illumination lights tomorrow. Hanae once again feels the love from Yuto and is troubled she still hasn't been able to do anything for him. Both Yu and Keiko's words come back to haunt her and she feels she's actually an obstacle in Yuto's path in life. and wonders what she can really do for him.

Kagami sees Hitomi trying to reach some boxes on the top shelf and helps her out heroically. He wonders if the office hasn't found out about their dating relationship since they've dined three times together, but Hitomi just scoffs at his fantasies. Hitomi then tells him Yu's restaurant is opening and that Kagami should make a reservation soon, specifically on the 24th (probably her birthday), and he should take care of the present too. Kagami is over the moon.

Hanae and Yuto admire the illumination lights and she thanks him for always being thoughtful and considerate. Hanae says Yuto shouldn't have given up on research after all, but Yuto says there's way he'd be without her in his life. Hanae thanks him for that but feels it's wrong for him to give up his dream for her. Yuto asks if she doesn't want to marry him? Hanae says he's bound to regret his decision in years to come, and asks him to forget her and concentrate on his research instead. Yuto says it's impossible for him to forget her.

Hanae then says she no longer loves Yuto and that she's dating Yu. Yuto asks why she's telling such a lie, but she insists it's true, that she's been two-timing Yuto and going on dates with Yu behind his back. She asks him to forget her and returns him his apartment key. She says it was like a dream to be able to date Yuto, and thanks him. Hanae then goes home and cries in Mom's arms.

Early next morning, Hanae calls Yu and asks him for a favour - can he pretend to be her boyfriend? Yu agrees and asks what he should do. Hanae says if one day Yu meets Yuto, he should tell Yuto he and Hanae are dating. Yu wonders what happened, weren't they going to get married? Yu asks if she's okay and she assures him she's fine. He says she can call him if she has problems, he'll be right over. Hanae thanks him.

Even Oshiro asks Hanae if something happened, but she merely thanks him for his concern. He says she can talk to him if she wants.

Yuto drops by Yu's restaurant to ask whether Hanae is really dating him? Yu is all "oops, you found out after all - Hanae asked me to put up a good show..." then smiles and assures Yuto that he and Hanae are not dating at all, so is Yuto relieved now? Yuto thanks Yu and gets up to leave, but Yu invites him to sit down for coffee. Yuto reluctantly does so. Yu asks if it isn't awful to continue torturing Hanae like this? Yu thinks Yuto forgot himself and got complacent after falling in love with Hanae. The more one gets attached to the other party, the more one wants to meet the other party's expectations. The other party is also struggling to maintain the same pace. This is the classic path to breaking up. Yu says Hanae has noticed it, that to continue like this would destroy Yuto, so the best thing she could do for him is to break up with him. Yu wonders if Yuto really hasn't noticed it? Yu had given Yuto advice: Has Yuto really properly understood Hanae? Yuto admits that he doesn't seem to have, not even from the beginning.

Hanae is browsing at the bookstore when she realises the books she's flipping through are all writing about her situation ("high-grade love"), so she buys a pile and sobs through them, lol. Ichika stops by and wonders if she's just wallowing? Even if she's down in love, don't quit and be a nun or something. Hanae wonders if Ichika is psychic, haha. Ichika says time will heal all wounds, and that it's better to break up now than for Yuto to realise years on that this isn't the life he wanted.

Yuto is moping at the university when he runs into Keiko and admonishes her for being nosy. Keiko says it's because she doesn't want him to regret and waste time on romance. She says she doesn't regret breaking up with him, because at least now they can speak freely and honestly with each other, unlike when they were dating. This gives Yuto pause.

Hanae can't bring herself to delete Yuto's number, but then gets a call from Yu, who invites her to his restaurant tomorrow night. He wants her to try some new dishes, and also the sausage which she helped get for his restaurant. Yu says Yuto came to find him and admitted he hadn't properly understood Hanae. Yu says he'll tell her more when she comes over tomorrow.

Yuto formally turns down the Teiko job offer in favour of research.

Hanae drops by Yu's restaurant (which is oddly called green swamp/marsh, wtf) and sees him dressed in a tux. Turns out Hanae is Yu's first customer - he'd intended it to be so all along, so he's happy that she is able to make it. He figures good food can help lift Hanae's spirits, Yu says she's kind of weird though - women her age would usually find another boyfriend before breaking up with the first. But she's really stupidly honest. Hanae rolls her eyes and says men of Yu's age usually don't speak so rudely to women since they're not high-school kids, so can he stop poking his nose into other people's business? Yu says he can't possibly abandon her to live a normal life, but Hanae tells him not to worry, she's perfectly okay. Yu isn't convinced, but says he'll do his best to not speak rudely. Hanae agrees and says today should be a fresh start for Yu to start saying lovely things instead. But she figures Yu couldn't do it even in 100 years. Yu says that's something she's likely to say, and Hanae bites back that she knows Yu is going to say something that'll hit her sore spot next - she knows his habit by now.

Yu asks Hanae to marry him. Hanae is stunned, then asks him not to joke. Yu says she's fine the way she is, she doesn't have to do anything to change. She can say what she wants, do what she wants, so long as she stays by his side and smiles. Yu again asks Hanae to marry him...

Holy crap, I did not expect that. I mean, okay, I figured something was up when I saw Yu in the tux but well... a bit sudden, though?? But oh goodness, it's been a while since I saw Tamaki in a tux (in a drama, that is), reminds me of his Chiaki days, ahhhh :wub:

This can go a number of ways:
1. Hanae agrees to marry Yu
2. Hanae agrees but Yu backs out to help Hanae patch up with Yuto
3. Hanae agrees but then later backs out and runs back to Yuto
4. Hanae rejects Yu's proposal and runs back to Yuto (this is most likely)
5. Hanae rejects Yu initially but then agrees to later date him to test waters
6. Hanae rejects Yu but doesn't end up with Yuto either
7. Massive fake-out by Yu
8. Some other fucked up ending...

I just think it's a bit weird for Hanae to suddenly force the break-up on Yuto, because she's being way more grown up in one episode than she has been in the past 8. But I'm so glad that Yu told Yuto straightaway he isn't playing Hanae's game. Yu is really such a nice guy, it really sucks that he won't get the girl or anything. But no matter what, he's really the most awesome character in this drama.

And there's Yu doing the kabe-don on Hanae in the preview!
Anyway, a pic of sexy Yu:

Next week is the last episode!
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:54, edited 2 times in total.

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 13th, '14, 02:26

omg @kitty10, it sounds so stalker, but I've been waiting for you all day! Once again, thank you so much for your recap and thoughts~
So, Yuto does know what she's doing... because Yu pretty much told him?

Dang, my copy had the preview cut off, I want to see that Yu kabedon.

pondloso

Post by pondloso » Dec 13th, '14, 03:07

Ep9 really shock me !

when i just though this drama really dead now it raise up from the dead
tamaki really only one who make this drama move forward the thing he does
it all make sense and meaningful and his coolness in this drama really sky high.

knuts

Post by knuts » Dec 13th, '14, 06:06

I think this drama is fine.
The only drama that I am watching now
Easy to watch
Tamaki hot
Shota very cute
look forward to ep 10

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 13th, '14, 08:02

desertbanshee wrote:omg @kitty10, it sounds so stalker, but I've been waiting for you all day! Once again, thank you so much for your recap and thoughts~
So, Yuto does know what she's doing... because Yu pretty much told him?

Dang, my copy had the preview cut off, I want to see that Yu kabedon.
Haha, glad you enjoyed the recap :D
Yes, Yuto knows. Yu is too nice to go along with Hanae's lie - he understood why, but it wouldn't help anyone if he did what Hanae asked. It was more important to make Yuto realise why things went wrong.
And here's the kabe-don:

Fwah! So hot! :heart: :wub:
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

ladyofshalott

Post by ladyofshalott » Dec 13th, '14, 10:19

thank you for the recap!

amz

Top caster info

Post by amz » Dec 13th, '14, 11:18

Can u please tell me where can I find Top caster Japanese drama ???
kitty10 wrote:GaussAlgorithmus: I know, right? It's really enjoyable so far, which makes the wait painful. I'm watching Top Caster for now, to stave off the wait - and to see a different side of Tamaki, he's a total goofball in there.

Hideaki_Ito wrote:After watching ep 1 raw, I knew I had to get some serious Tamaki dosage because ep 1 tibits just weren't enough. So I went and re-watched Nodame Cantabile all over again. (My next stop would be deer man.) I'm watching this for my Hiroshi/Ayase ending. The boy just isn't hot enough so I don't care for him. If my OTP won't end up together, I will smash some potatoes.

In Nodame, I fell for Tamaki-chan for his scholar secshiness. In this drama, he makes me fall for him again with his mature business man secshiness. So charming. (I guess he has been traveling. He has this tan.)
Mmm Nodame Cantabile. What an awesome drama all round. Love Tamaki as Chiaki senpai, he is unrivalled! Chiaki was so sexy in all those white shirts, and here, Yu is just slaying it again in his business suits. Yum! :wub:

He and Ayase have an almost completely different vibe in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, but it's totally worth a watch too, so I hope you enjoy it! As for the tan, Tamaki has a travel programme currently airing in Japan that shows him visiting various cities and introducing their local culture and sights. It's on every Thursday night, so the lucky Japanese audience can watch him two days in a row!

zooey wrote:Haha. Same here. I figured Jiken Kyuumei might do the trick.

I saw the first ep and will probably give the series a try since I haven't seen any dramas of this genre lately. Is this based on a manga? Because I'm deathly afraid that it could go the way of Last Cinderella.... and could sure use a heads up. Might be best to go into this without any expectations.
I like Jiken Kyuumei, I think it's the first time Tamaki has portrayed a medical professional. I hope they do continue the series even though it's in tanpatsu format. There were things still left unresolved by the end of the second one.

Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu is based on a manga, which is not yet finished. As far as I know, the manga is more about the romance between Hanae and Yuto, but it seems the dorama has upped Yu's screentime, which is a good thing because I find Yuto pretty bland. So far it doesn't look like the horror that is Last Cinderella, Hanae is more likeable and not as disgusting as Sakura. I'm hoping for more fireworks between Hanae and Yu!

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 14th, '14, 07:46

It's interesting Yuto's mom was originally concerned about his choice to go to grad school, and had no objections to him working.
Enter TA Keiko dropping in her 2 cents and now we have Hanae forcing him to choose the other direction despite his changed priorities, his mom's concerns, and hurting him in the process. Well done Hanae. Not a "burden" woman at all...
Yu runs circles around her with his wit and charm, and Yuto is too adorable to be put through this crap. Hope she gets it together for the finale~

Love love love the Yu kabedon photo! (Reminds me how cute it was when Kagami did his on the wrong side and Hitomi wandered off when the door opened)

Anne41

Post by Anne41 » Dec 15th, '14, 00:39

Thanks a lot @kitty10 for the recap. I wonder if Yu is really serious about her, if he is ready for marriage. I remember that he told Hanae's boss that he never thought about getting married.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 15th, '14, 03:48

Wow this thread is rather active. I dropped this show after ep2 because I just couldn't accept the whole older woman and young guy relationship, it's like someone mentioned, juvenile. There's just something annoying about them, the way they act towards each other and it reminds me of Shitsuren which I dropped too. The only thing that got me interested in this drama in the first place was Hiroshi Tamaki.

Now is there even enough Tamaki screentime for a fan like me? If yes, then I might give this a second try.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 15th, '14, 22:27

avieamber wrote:The only thing that got me interested in this drama in the first place was Hiroshi Tamaki.

Now is there even enough Tamaki screentime for a fan like me? If yes, then I might give this a second try.
Tamaki averages around 10-15 minutes of screentime every episode, which sadly isn't enough. In certain episodes, he does get a bit more - I would recommend episode 5, parts of 6 and 8 and quite a bit in 9. So if you're watching this solely for Tamaki, as I am, you may find it frustrating (fast-forward button may help).

Yu doesn't appear much and often, but he usually makes the most sense. Actually in this drama, it's the supporting characters who really sound the most logical: Yu, Ichika, Hanae's parents. Unfortunately, their good sense doesn't rub off on Hanae and Yuto.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 16th, '14, 01:17

^ Thanks for the info. Will probably give those few episodes a shot just for Tamaki :) I'm glad he's going to be lead in a drama next season.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 16th, '14, 09:48

avieamber wrote:^ Thanks for the info. Will probably give those few episodes a shot just for Tamaki :) I'm glad he's going to be lead in a drama next season.
Me too, so glad for that. Just hope that drama will be good too.

And oh, didn't realise you stopped at ep 2. So I recommend ep 3 as well, very nice bowling scene involving Yu (Tamaki in a white shirt! :heart: )

I provided summaries of the previous episodes in earlier posts - if you aren't averse to spoilers, perhaps you can check them out before you watch, then skip to the Tamaki bits. I tend to be a bit more detailed about his scenes :P

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 16th, '14, 18:21

Now watching Nodame Cantabile to round out my Tamaki / Kyou wa kaisha education, and he is just so... so... for lack of a better phrase... oh yeah! Super fun show, even the cheesy parts. :D

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 17th, '14, 20:49

I haven't seen the finale, but from comments on the Chinese forums:
Yuto sends Hanae a message saying that he had thought making Hanae happy meant they could be together but in the end that was not the case. Hanae is moved by that and rejects Yu's proposal.

Yuto comes back from the US after a year and Hanae takes a day off work to pick him up at the airport. They hold hands, hug and patch up.

Kagami and Hitomi get married.

All I can say is... time for the next Tamaki drama. Sexy CEO deserves much better.

I'll have the summary up once the Chinese subs are out.
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 17th, '14, 22:30

Thank you so very much for this new update @kitty10!
I was hoping the finale would be a little more romantic or something. :-(
The Hitomi part sounds cute, better than the leads!

pondloso

Post by pondloso » Dec 18th, '14, 15:04

well after seen final ep i can say it totally disappoint for me
well this show had go in circle since ep 2 but some how
they rush every thing in ep9 and in final story just gone complete nonsense for me
every thing go so quick and not make any sense because they waste 6 episode
so they have to pack main story in 2 episode and i really mean main story

you can just watch ep 1-2 and ep 9-10 and don't miss anything important in this show
I'm not even care who hanae end up with but the reason for it just sooooo stupid
and not make any sense she even think about if her lover be yu what will happen
and it all good in her mind her friends her parent all say it good and don't stupid threw it away she even think it might be good but oh lord suddenly after growth up for 20 min
she became middle school again i just cant get with her reason just i completely ok
if she reject yu cuz he just make his point clear that he want her and don't do much
cuz he just so mature far beyond hanae i can see that will not win over hanae
who is love to live in dream world but the reason just....

and about hitomi and kagami what the hell how can thing turn up so quick like that there just instantly click in for no reason at all sigh
well from i see how tamaki so cool it this show i really want to watch his own drama
for now so i can forgot this make nonsense j-dram i ever watch Japanese house-wife
really love this kind of dreamy drama now day good thing that it still have a lot of
good j-drama that fun and make sense from drama aspect for me this season i give
sen-taxi the best show really fun to watch and really fresh .

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 19th, '14, 00:19

Okay, here we go, the last episode.
We continue with Yu's fantastic proposal:

Yu says that given that his restaurant has just opened and his future uncertain, it's understandable if Hanae feels uneasy about marrying him, but he believes they can work together towards their future. He feels the both of them can do it, and asks her to consider a future with him.

Hanae says she doesn't feel that way for Yu, but he says she is inexperienced in love and doesn't understand that purely passionate love doesn't last - two people who are too absorbed in their relationship will only hinder each other's futures and in the end neither of them can get anywhere. That was what happened to Yuto and Hanae. But Yu says that won't happen to him and Hanae, because they can talk to each other without reserve - for Yu, Hanae is the first person he can do that with. Surely she must have felt that too? Hanae wonders if it isn't because they're friends? Yu says a love that is also like friendship is pretty good too, that is another kind of love.

As she walks home, Hanae thinks about Yu's words - she has realised it too that what she couldn't tell Yuto, she could confide in Yu. She thinks back to their dog/monkey conversation. Then she thinks it's not possible with Yu since she still likes Yuto.

Oshiro asks Hanae if she wants to skip out on Yuto's farewell gathering since it could get awkward, but Hanae says she'll go.

Ichika wants to check out Yu for Hanae, so they and Sayaka go to his restaurant. Since Ichika and Hanae were classmates, Yu wonders what Hanae was like as a student. Ichika says Hanae hasn't changed - she's still stubborn and pessimistic. Yu thanks Ichika for still being Hanae's friend despite knowing her nature. A grumpy Hanae wonders why Yu is thanking Ichika, and Yu says he admires Ichika's "volunteer" spirit. Ichika is touched that Yu understands how she feels, hahahaha.

Hanae snaps back that she's doing a service to Yu as well - she brought her friend here so that Yu's restaurant would have business. Yu grins that Hanae is so thoughtful to be looking out for him and Hanae snaps that she is only worried about the employees should the restaurant close. Sayaka pronounces the service and food great, and Yu says he's honoured that they like it and hopes they will come by often.

Ichika approves of Yu and says she was surprised Hanae could banter with Yu like that. She wonders if Hanae really isn't interested in Yu? Ichika figures there must be some interest and advises Hanae to just admit it. Even Sayaka is taken with Yu and has him lead her to the restroom. Ichika says if Hanae passes up this chance, there won't be another - it's a miracle that a handsome and capable man like Yu wants to marry her despite knowing her nature. She advises Hanae not to return to the abyss that is Yuto.

Hanae mulls over Ichika's words and is startled to find herself wondering about the possibility of being with Yu even when she is supposed to still like Yuto. She wonders if she really does like Yuto.

Hanae thinks back to what Yuto did for her - the kabedon and kiss in the elevator, giving her his apartment keys, telling dad he is serious about her, having sex etc - and wonders if she fell for him because he confessed first and gave her surprises.

(the following is a must-watch segment)

She starts imagining Yu doing the same thing - the kabedon in the elevator, where he asks her to marry him; giving her the keys to both the restaurant and new house before hugging her; asking dad for Hanae's hand in marriage and dad agreeing straightaway, saying he meant to marry Hanae to Yu in the first place, mom cooing that Asao Hanae is such a lovely name, and Yu addressing Hanae's dad as "otosan". Hanae wonders if she would have fallen for Yu had he been the one doing all these things? She concedes there is such a possibility.

She runs into Kagami and Hitomi acting lovey and Hitomi later says it's not a heart-pounding kind of relationship with Kagami - in the past, she would have rejected such a love, but it's not practical to just live on a "doki doki" relationship because even doki doki won't last. Hitomi says what's important is to be able to be herself and to have the feeling of being friends even when in love because it's very relaxing. Hanae realises Hitomi is saying the same thing as Yu.

Keiko tells Yuto that Prof Shibayama won't take him under his wing anymore after the research U-turn, but if he goes to America for an exchange program, there's still a chance he can continue with research.

Hanae is at home with her folks on Christmas Eve when a bouquet of flowers arrives for her from Yu. Hanae wonders if the surprises have started! Dad asks Yu's age and Hanae says he's around 35. Mom says Yu must be in his prime! Hanae denies they're dating.

Kagami and Hitomi are dining at Yu's restaurant and he's happy for them. Kagami then presents Hitomi with a room key and says he is willing to give his virginity to her. Hitomi refuses time and again, but she is smiling.

The colleagues give Yuto a farewell dinner and when they go their separate ways, they realise Hanae and Yuto have not talked the whole night. Hanae is forced to say something polite and wish him well. Later on, she receives a message from Yuto - in it, he says he's been thinking a lot about their relationship and his future since their break-up and realises that he's been forcing himself all along. He had thought they could remain together so long as he made her happy. But a person who cannot be good to himself is unable to treat his loved one well. He realised that after he met Hanae. Yuto says he still thinks of Hanae but he figures time will help him forget her. Yuto thanks her for everything.

Hanae is moved and goes to Yu's restaurant to reject his proposal. Yu asks if Hanae can't forget Yuto, but Hanae says she will. But she realised one thing when she received Yuto's message - deep down she is still waiting for Yuto to contact her. She's been thinking what it means to be in love and the feeling of not being able to forget that love despite trying hard to is what it means to love. Yu says she's the kind who has to forget a former love to accept someone new, so she can't be with him. He asks if she intends to continue being alone? Hanae gets a bit teary and nods. Yu smiles gently at her and says he's the one who feels like crying. Hanae smiles back and apologises.

The office spring-cleans to get ready for the new year. Hanae also tells Boss Tachibana she accepts the new job offer and finally deletes Yuto's number.

Ichika says Hanae is stupid for turning down Yu's proposal. She wonders if Hanae would reject a meat bun even if she were starving? Hanae says Yu is not a meat bun, but a pizza bun instead, and Ichika says she'll never be able to meet such a good pizza bun ever. Hanae says she'll just focus on her work in the new year. Ichika tells Mom that Hanae rejected a marriage proposal and Mom figures it is Yu since he sent the flowers.

Hanae is now following Oshiro out to meet clients as part of her new job scope, while a new female intern has joined Teiko. Boss announces Hitomi and Kagami are getting married in March.

Hanae watches movies alone again but runs into Keiko, who says Yuto is going to America for the exchange program. Keiko is happy Yuto is getting his life back on track. Hanae thinks Keiko is dating Yuto but Keiko says she's been focusing on research since she broke up with Yuto three years ago. She isn't in the mood for romance and thinks it's kind of nice being alone.

Oshiro tells Hanae Yuto isn't coming to Hitomi's wedding since he's flying off on the same day. Kagami and Hitomi exchange wedding vows, but Kagami suddenly gets a nosebleed ("bingo" moment, hahaha) when he is about to kiss the bride, and Hanae runs to the rescue with a packet of tissue, hahaha.

They hold the reception party at Yu's restaurant, where Hanae ends up being the server again. Yu comes up to her and says it's a pity Yuto didn't turn up when Hanae was hoping he would. Hanae insists she's forgotten about Yuto. Yu then suggests Hanae go get some wedding cake, since people who don't have enough happiness should eat more, hahaha.

There is a lucky draw of sorts and Hanae perks up when she hears one of the prizes is a ticket to America. Yu laughs and says she's kinda silly - she could just buy a ticket to America if she wants to see Yuto. Hanae insists she's forgotten Yuto already, but Yu says people who have really forgotten won't say things like that. Yu says he still likes Hanae, because Hanae still likes Yuto. He likes the Hanae who, despite her awkward ways, loves bravely. He pushes her to Oshiro, who has won a bicycle in the lucky draw, so that she can go after Yuto who is probably boarding the bus to the airport.

As Hanae rides away, Yu says Oshiro looks kind of lost. Oshiro denies it but Yu has figured out Oshiro also likes Hanae. Oshiro says he just wants Hanae to be happy since they're peers. Yu wonders if Oshiro didn't think about his own happiness? Oshiro says the same could be said of Yu! Yu says if Oshiro is willing to listen, they could talk about it over drinks.

Hanae manages to reach Yuto before he boards the bus and asks if he's forgotten everything about them. He hasn't, so she asks if it's okay for her to wait for him? Yuto smiles and says he called it from the start: Hanae definitely likes him. Yuto hugs her and asks her to wait for him since he'll be back in a year.

A year later, Yuto sends Hanae a text saying he'll be back the next day. Hanae wonders if Yuto has changed after being away. She goes to Bushi-san's restaurant but he doesn't seem to recognise her until she puts on her glasses. She then imagines that Yuto too doesn't recognise her when he comes back.

A round-up for the rest: Kagami and Hitomi are happily married but it's obvious Hitomi wears the pants at home. Yu's restaurant business is thriving.

On the day of Yuto's return, Hanae takes a day off work to go pick him up at the airport, shocking her parents who hadn't realised she and Yuto still have something on. Hanae reaches the airport and after hesitating a while, puts on her glasses. Yuto comes out of Arrivals and says "I'm home". He then takes Hanae's hand and they walk off. Hanae thinks to herself that she is now 31 years old and beginning round 2 of her relationship with her (ex-)boyfriend...
Well... after all that, I can say that this relationship is really only for the pea-brainers Hanae and Yuto. If you were to try to make sense of it, you'd blow your brains out. The writing is poor and the ending makes zero sense. After all that rubbish, it's like going back to square one and whatever growth Hanae went through in 10 episodes is wiped out in the last 10 minutes. Even HItomi got a decent character boost, albeit too rushed, but everyone else has come out of this drama smelling of roses except Hanae and Yuto.

This whole episode is about how fantastic Yu is, from start to finish. He's so gracious and gentlemanly that it is a good thing that
Hanae did not end up with Yu because she doesn't deserve him. Not at all. All the things he says make sense, and all the things Hanae says don't - in fact, she's so ignorant and naive that it hurts. She went through all that break-up, the lie, etc for nothing if she just went to Yuto like that. She could have just told him she'd wait for him - and she did - and they wouldn't have had to go through the whole farce. Yu helped her so much, but she just didn't take anything on board and it really makes you wonder if anyone should have helped her at all. It's all very aggravating.

Even Ichika said Hanae's stupid, and this isn't the cute stupid kind of stupid. It's the "I can't believe wtf came out of her mouth" kind of stupid that makes you wonder if Hanae had any brains at all. She intends to be alone just because Yuto is going away? She thinks she won't see Yuto forever even though he's only away for a year? What an idiot. I'm not against Hanae ending up with Yuto, but the way it happened was just too stupid and illogical.

Hitomi's progress with Kagami is way too rushed, but they're kind of cute together. I'm glad Hitomi didn't end up with Yu, she'd have been miserable with him and she's not his type anyway. Kagami adores her, so it's really better for her after all.
This writer really... needs to take some writing classes. You don't get actors like Ayase and Tamaki only for them to act in such a ridiculous drama. All I can say is, good riddance to this drama.

Fantastic Yu:
Image Image

Thanks everyone for joining the discussion here. See you all in the next Tamaki Hiroshi drama! If you need recommendations on what's a good Tamaki drama to watch, feel free to drop me a line :)
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 31st, '14, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 19th, '14, 04:41

Thank you @kitty10 for posting so quickly, and for all your thoughts and impressions. You were a lifeline to what (was) my favorite drama until
after Yuto got sick, and then it turned into one giant trainwreck with two gorgeous guys and a ding-a-ling.

p.s. I'll take those Tamaki suggestions, if the offer is still open~

ahtito

Oh my God!

Post by ahtito » Dec 19th, '14, 15:13

[quote="kitty10"][quote="akiyu"]I agree with you. I think Hanae is more relaxed and is more of herself when she is with Asao. I begin to sense some problem in her relationship with Yuto, when she referred Yuto as God in Ep 5.

I don't think she referred to Yuto as God. It's only an expression of surprise. Some people feel it's disrespectful to mention God and use the phrase "Oh my Gosh!".

kitty10
Japan

Re: Oh my God!

Post by kitty10 » Dec 19th, '14, 19:16

desertbanshee:
I see you're already watching Nodame, which is great. Tamaki was fantastic as Chiaki senpai, that's definitely one of his best roles. There is no other actor who could have pulled off Chiaki, and Tamaki had unbeatable chemistry with Ueno Juri. There's the drama, two specials and two films.

I recommend also:

- Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi: he reunites with Ayase here, and the story is brilliantly woven
- Love Shuffle: fantastic, hilarious and unique
- Kekkon Shinai: more of a supporting role, but his character is a real sweetheart
- Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru: film, bittersweet

He's also pretty good in these: Jiken Kyuumei (two-parter about medical professionals), Guilty (jaded detective) and Top Caster (supporting, really goofy). There are still some of his dramas I haven't seen, but I think these will keep you busy for a while. Enjoy! :)

ahtito wrote: I don't think she referred to Yuto as God. It's only an expression of surprise. Some people feel it's disrespectful to mention God and use the phrase "Oh my Gosh!".
She definitely referred to him as god because she thinks he's one for making her so happy. Her exact words were: この人はきっと神だ。私の神。(This man is definitely god. My god.)
Last edited by kitty10 on Dec 19th, '14, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

desertbanshee

Post by desertbanshee » Dec 19th, '14, 20:29

Your recommendations are very much appreciated, @kitty10, will start on the list today.

This was a fun thread, I enjoyed reading everyone's opinions.
:-)

knuts

Post by knuts » Dec 21st, '14, 18:58

after watching final ep.
I wished she had chosen the older guy

ahtito

Re: Oh my God!

Post by ahtito » Dec 22nd, '14, 13:52

She definitely referred to him as god because she thinks he's one for making her so happy. Her exact words were: この人はきっと神だ。私の神。(This man is definitely god. My god.)[/quote]

You're right. I talking about a different scene (which I can't seem to find).

shkendan

Re: [Discussion] Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu

Post by shkendan » Jan 4th, '15, 03:05

I just finished the drama yesterday. I think the opening is quite good but it then got a little boring. As one of Haruka's fans, I must finish the drama.
As a kojirase lady, Hanae was afraid to face to her true love at first. With the development of story, Hanae courageously changed herself, tried her best and use her own way to love Yuto. However I cannot feel any warm love from Yuto. Did he really love Hanae? (maybe due to Sota's poor acting).
PS. Tamaki is カッコいい~

ladyofshalott

Post by ladyofshalott » Jan 4th, '15, 18:21

Does anyone know the title of the song at the end of each episode or where I can find it?

shkendan

Post by shkendan » Jan 5th, '15, 02:12

ladyofshalott wrote:Does anyone know the title of the song at the end of each episode or where I can find it?
The theme song is 「Fall」 sung by Makihara Noriyuki(槇原敬之).

ladyofshalott

Post by ladyofshalott » Jan 6th, '15, 10:30

thank you so much shkendan

JennySolln

Post by JennySolln » May 25th, '15, 17:50

Is this drama already completed? and subbed?
I read the manga...but unfortunately not many chapters have been translated of the manga. But I already LOVE the story

DLUDIN
New Zealand

Post by DLUDIN » May 26th, '15, 01:25

JennySolln wrote:Is this drama already completed? and subbed?
I read the manga...but unfortunately not many chapters have been translated of the manga. But I already LOVE the story
Yes this drama is already completed and subbed. Find it at jdramacity.

JennySolln

Post by JennySolln » Jun 10th, '15, 16:39

DLUDIN wrote:
JennySolln wrote:Is this drama already completed? and subbed?
Yes this drama is already completed and subbed. Find it at jdramacity.

Thank you :) Just finished watching it. It such a beautiful drama ♥