My Name is Kim Sam-Soon (MBC, 2005)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
linco

My Name is Kim Sam-Soon (MBC, 2005)

Post by linco » Jun 12th, '05, 00:31

i just finished the first 2 eps of the series. its sooo funny and hyun bin is really hot. what do u guys think?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jun 12th, '05, 03:05

I'm still grabbing the raws off eDonkey, so I can't really comment on it except the fact that Hyun Bin is hot, as a matter of course. :mrgreen: I read comments on Soompi Forums saying that his acting has improved since Ireland. Anyway, it'll be nice to see him in a romantic comedy this time.

And in case you're wondering who's Hyun Bin, this is he:

Apparently, the supporting actor (Daniel Henney) is pretty hot too. He's Korean-American.

So you could say I'm downloading this series for the hot men. :lol Hope it's gonna be English-subbed, one way or another. There's an article on Korea Times on this drama & Only You: ‘Candyrellas’ Return to TV.

linco

Post by linco » Jun 12th, '05, 19:04

heres some more pics:

linco

Post by linco » Jun 12th, '05, 19:07

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Jun 13th, '05, 13:47

Heard this show is doing very well and recevied well in korea itself.

Any team subbing this? :D Too much to ask right.. i will wait patiently........

linco

Post by linco » Jun 13th, '05, 18:24

do u need english subs cuz i know chinese subs r available

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Jun 14th, '05, 02:45

linco wrote:do u need english subs cuz i know chinese subs r available

i wish i can read chinese sub........... it would have made a HUGE difference..... but thanks Linco...... gamsahamida...

ixesther

Post by ixesther » Jun 15th, '05, 00:29

is there going to be english subtitles for this drama?

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jun 15th, '05, 02:52

Is this show good? I don't know who Hyun Bin is :P but he's cute. Have to see how he acts....The lead girl is cute too, but not really attractive.

Nao

Post by Nao » Jun 15th, '05, 03:23

Awesome, that cute Hyun Bin. I was hoping to see more of him after IRELAND :D
I'm glad to hear a good review on his acting. Kehehe. He's just uberly handsome in a business suit *drools*
:wub:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jun 15th, '05, 06:47

Nao wrote:He's just uberly handsome in a business suit *drools*
My thoughts exactly... :wub: He looked fantastic in Ireland in that bodyguard suit.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Jun 15th, '05, 06:57

Hey .. is that the girl from She is on duty ??
I like her in She is on duty ^_^
so funny

lavendersky

Post by lavendersky » Jun 15th, '05, 07:13

Shinigami wrote:Hey .. is that the girl from She is on duty ??
so funny
yup, she's the one! :-)

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Jun 15th, '05, 08:02

lavendersky wrote:
Shinigami wrote:Hey .. is that the girl from She is on duty ??
so funny
yup, she's the one! :-)
thank you lavender for answering my question ^_^

L1ttl3_G1rl

Post by L1ttl3_G1rl » Jun 16th, '05, 06:29

If i'm not wrong Hyu Bin is a rising star now... :roll

cosmos0516

Post by cosmos0516 » Jun 16th, '05, 08:20

In this drama ,the actors all feel so confortable.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 16th, '05, 17:46

Ok, what is this drama about and where can I get it? Let me guess it doesn't have English subs yet, right? :lol

jlove1831

Post by jlove1831 » Jun 16th, '05, 22:15

Where? Are they traditional or simplified?

lavendersky

Post by lavendersky » Jun 17th, '05, 04:59

jlove1831 wrote:
Where? Are they traditional or simplified?
The YYCAF team has subbed this series in simplified chinese but it's in .rmvb format. :-(
If you can read chinese and still interested, can dl it from this site.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 17th, '05, 10:37

It looks like we can expect english subs for this soon.People at soompi are subbing it I think!

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 17th, '05, 13:26

WroW wrote:It looks like we can expect english subs for this soon.People at soompi are subbing it I think!
Oh that's great news! I've been hearing so many people talk about it, now I really want to watch it.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jun 22nd, '05, 07:03

I just watched the first episode. Good, good show. I really had 0 interest in it but gave in to peer pressure since so many people are talking about it. I really like it... or at least I really like the first ep. Here's hoping for consistency. Hwaiting!

annieme25

Post by annieme25 » Jun 26th, '05, 19:50

i'm already on like the 7th episode and so far so good ^^ recommend for anyone who likes a laugh and a cry at times. The beginning episodes were SO funny but of course in every drama, the middle is where all the conflict comes so i rather just skip right to the ending. The main actor is really COOL..and even tho the main actress isn't really "perfect" she's totally funny

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Jun 26th, '05, 21:24

Does anyone know on which date it airs on tv, and how fast Luxury released the prior episodes after air date? It'd be easier raw-hunting then. ;)

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Jun 27th, '05, 00:38

To answer the question of what it's about -

Apologies in advance for any mistake, I watch this off and on while my mom is watching it. ^^

There's a slighty overweight girl who hates her name which basically translates to 'third (sam) girl (soon),' because she is the third-born child (all girls) in the family. She's a baker and - this is where I'm not sure of the details because I watched it more closely episode 3+ - and she needed money for some reason, so she strikes a deal with this rich boy she met (not sure of how they met, someone spilled some food over the other?): they pretend to be dating. He's trying to forget his old girlfriend who left him mysteriously without a word (I think) and never called him for 3 years. This girlfriend comes back (of course) and wants the guy back. Love conflicts. You can kindof see where this is going yourself. There's another guy involved, a guy who is Korean-American, but doesn't know much Korean. He's in love with the ex-girlfriend.

Typical Korean drama story, but I do enjoy the way they're presenting this. I also think it's interesting to portray the main character as NOT gorgeous and beautiful as they usually always are. I wondered how well people would take this - but I'm glad people are not so superficial and hate the show just because the main character is not drop-dead gorgeous.

I hear the main girl gained 16 lbs. (8 kg) just for this role. o____o
Last edited by busyizzy on Jun 27th, '05, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

tequila_bb

Subs

Post by tequila_bb » Jun 27th, '05, 00:38

firestorm wrote:

i wish i can read chinese sub........... it would have made a HUGE difference..... but thanks Linco...... gamsahamida...

English subs for this series is available on d-addicts. I 've been watching the raws at first, then I found the English subs....then finally the Chinse subbed files from YYC. Traditional is already difficult enough but this was subbed simplified characters - oh well.... it's pretty easy to figure what it's going on even if you watch it w/o subs.
I have watched up to ep. 7 and hottie Daniel Haeni (Henry Kim) spoke only English!

piyota
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by piyota » Jun 30th, '05, 03:15

fromyjg

Chinese subtitles plz

Post by fromyjg » Jul 1st, '05, 11:02

linco wrote:
do u need english subs cuz i know chinese subs r available
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does any one know where can i get the Chinese subtitles plz

I've been CCY but couldn't find the only subs..there are all the drama files...

thanks
Attachments
oo..
oo..
fgd.jpg (100.16 KiB) Viewed 12703 times

annieme25

Post by annieme25 » Jul 2nd, '05, 23:05

i'm up to episode 8 already..downloaded it w/ chinese subs on clubbox and i TOTALLY love it!!! up till the point when the ex-girlfriend comes back dang..its getting high ratings so i'm glad. :-)

Suki37

Post by Suki37 » Jul 4th, '05, 08:17

I posted this over at AF so I guess I'll post it here as well.

Series Name: My Lovely Samsoon aka My Name is Kim Samsoon
Boardcasting Station: MBC
Release Date: June 1st, 2005 (every Wednesday and Thursday)
Ratings so far:
Episode 1: 18.5% (South Korea), 19.3% (Seoul only)
Episode 2: 20.3% (South Korea), 23.1% (Seoul only)
Episode 3: 27.8% (South Korea), 29.4% (Seoul only)
Episode 4: 31.2% (South Korea), 32.1% (Seoul only)
Episode 5: 35.4% (South Korea), 38.9% (Seoul only)
Episode 6: 35.1% (South Korea), 38.2% (Seoul only)
Episode 7: 35.6% (South Korea), 38.0% (Seoul only)
Episode 8: 37.7% (South Korea), 39.8% (Seoul only)
Episode 9: 40.7% (South Korea), 43.8% (Seoul only)
Episode 10: 41.2% (South Korea), 43.5% (Seoul only)

Characters:

Kim Samsoon / 30 years old / Pastry Chef
A woman in her late twenties, Samsoon is the third daughter of a family who manages their own restaurant. Not too pretty, she was once a basketball player in her high school days. Curious about everything and anything, she likes to eat in times of stress. Ice cream, fried rice cakes, ice wine; you name it! However, she knows that she could no longer meet her "prince charming". Because of this, she lives her live with optimistism and happiness. Although her ex betrayed her, she still misses him.

A man suddenly appeared right in front of her when she was still hurting over the latest break up. One day, that man suddenly became her boss and even tried to 'chase' her! However, Samsoon saw through his handsome and gentlman act immediately. Inside, he is actually very arrogent and possess a very bad temperment! But to save the home she grew up in, she agreed to go out with him, based on a business-like contract. They began dating, but it was all a show. They don't have any feelings for each other, right?

Hyun Sam Sek / 27 years old / Boss of Bon Appetit
Who doesn't have a painful past they could never forget? Three years ago, his brother and sister-in-law passed away in a car accident. Sam Sek was their driver then. Not only did he lose his beloved ones, but his left leg almost became useless because of that single incident. Add on the fact that his Hei Juan left him...

Originally, he was very lucky. Being born in a rich family who opened hotels, he had an smart, clear minded and handsome appearance. But since that mistake three years ago, he started to fear life. Therefore, he became rebellious, even more cool than before because subconsciously, he is blaming himself for his brother and sister's-in-law death. He told himself, "you can never live happily." The sudden disappearance of his beloved Hei Juan further brought his life into hopelessness.

Yu Hei Juan / 27 years old / Sam Sek's ex-girlfriend
She is beautiful. Her beauty brings people warmth that goes directly to their hearts and souls. Having parents who are doctors, she is an only child. Having grown up in a healthy background since childhood, she met Sam Sek in Grade 10, and started dating him in Grade 11. Their relationship lasted for 6 years. When her parents immigrated to the States, she chose to stay in South Korea to be with Sam Sek.

Henry Kim / 30 years old / Doctor, Korean who was raised in the US
"As long as you can feel my love, then I am satisfied..." A doctor, he was adopted at the age of two to the States and have lived there till now. Although they were not his biological parents, they still showered him with unconditional love and support, thus Henry grew up in a happy environment, giving him a optimistic personality when he grew up. He fell in love with Hei Juan at the first sight when she came to his hospital one faithful day. As a doctor and man, he gave her all his love but he also knew fully that Hei Juan didn't return his love. He could also tell that Hei Juan did her best to fight against death in hopes that one day, she could return to Sam Sek. Therefore all Henry wants is to stay by her side and take care of her. As long as she can feel his love than nothing else matters anymore. When Hei Juan returned to South Korea, Henry went back with her...

Introduction:

This seris is as sweet as pastry goodies. If you like characters with distinctive and interesting personalities, then this is the series for you. MBC's new series "My Lovely Samsoon" will begin airing on June 1st, and inside there is an unique character named "Samsoon".

As a 29 year old single woman, she is not pretty, not young and not too educated. However, she is strong, has a great passion in everyday life, and have the spirit to go forwards no matter what happens.

She met her first boyfriend in Paris when she was there to train as a pastry chef three years ago. However, as the days go by, he gradually became bored of her. In the end, the three year relationship ended up in heart breaks and a few sheded tears.

She lost her man and her job in one day. Just when she was scolding fate for her bad luck, destiny seemed to have other plans for her afterall. She met resturant owner Hyun Sam Sek, who offered her a job at Bon Appetit and that she would pretend to be his girlfriend for $50,000,000 (about $50,000 CAN). Whoa!

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Jul 4th, '05, 08:53

Suki37: Thanks for the information.Truly appreciated. No wonder HB doesnt drive. I thought that he didnt like to drive cos he was afraid -just like me hehe.
Gosh, didnt know that he blamed himself for his brother and sister-in-law's death!

His ex-girlfriend looks really sweet. Trust the writers to put her beside the plain-looking Sam Soon. But Sam soon, is so fun and spunky, making it so natural to like her :D :D . She's not a cut-cookie beuaty that stuns you. In fact, she makes you look past her physical appearence! She reminds me of Bridget Jones!!

The ratings for this show makes me speechless
:w00t: :w00t:

Nao

Post by Nao » Jul 5th, '05, 05:20

I am loving this drama to bits. Not only does Hyun Bin's character puts him into a sexy stylish business suit again, he's in a comedic role, which is completely different from his role in Ireland.

Sam-soon is such a lovably character. She's like a typical woman who's indeed got a spunky personality :D I love her! Energetic, great. At first I thought she looked too plain for the role, but she's awesome.

pinky

Post by pinky » Jul 6th, '05, 15:46

Thanks Suki37 for the info on the series. Really enjoying it. Can't wait for the subs for the next eps. Am so glad the soompi team is doing such a great job with the subbing. Hope they carry on on with the good work. :D :D :D

GeriBerrie

Post by GeriBerrie » Jul 8th, '05, 04:39

starryeyed wrote:Suki37: Thanks for the information.Truly appreciated. No wonder HB doesnt drive. I thought that he didnt like to drive cos he was afraid -just like me hehe.
Gosh, didnt know that he blamed himself for his brother and sister-in-law's death!

His ex-girlfriend looks really sweet. Trust the writers to put her beside the plain-looking Sam Soon. But Sam soon, is so fun and spunky, making it so natural to like her :D :D . She's not a cut-cookie beuaty that stuns you. In fact, she makes you look past her physical appearence! She reminds me of Bridget Jones!!

The ratings for this show makes me speechless
:w00t: :w00t:
I thought the same thing when I was watching. I thought SamSoon was the Korean Bridget Jones too. I'm really glad that the lead is not the typical beauty but relatable.

XtineZaiKen

Post by XtineZaiKen » Jul 10th, '05, 02:34

i got interested when i read a news saying that this series has a character like bridget jones. i just finished downloading episode 1, have watched less than 10 mins of it and found myself crying...hahaahah...

those ratings are woww...40+%!!!! aside from being a good drama, i think it is nice that for once, the female lead is not thin and uber-gorgeous. It makes the drama have a more real life touch to it.

Oh, would anyone know the name of samsoon's ex boyfriend? the one who broke up with her after 3 years? thanks!

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Jul 10th, '05, 03:11

I'm on episode 2 for the 3rd time and I still fall over laughing when she does her seduction dance. :lol :lol :lol

This is really a great drama. :P

eternalfame

Post by eternalfame » Jul 10th, '05, 03:16

am i the onli one experiencing this problem .. or the Kim SamSoon files from d addicts does not have audio .. first i tried a clubbox it doesnt have audio either :x :x :x .. is it me or is it the file?

Suki37

Post by Suki37 » Jul 10th, '05, 04:52

XtineZaiKen wrote: Oh, would anyone know the name of samsoon's ex boyfriend? the one who broke up with her after 3 years? thanks!
李奎翰 is his chinese name. Sorry I can't read it. ><

Here's a pic of him:

Latest ratings so far are:

Episode 11: 44.2% (National rating), 46.2% (Seoul rating)
Episode 12: 44.6% (National rating), 46.5% (Seoul rating)

It seems that My Lovely Samsoon's rating is improving every week!

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 10th, '05, 17:55

That Hyun-woo guy looks gay. Samsoon is better of without him.

Anyway, I am literally obsessed with this drama!!! I have to watch other dramas or do something else or else I'm going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels like desperately wanting another smoke while trying to quit.
(I never smoked, but it probably feels like that since a lot of people are having a hard time to quit).

I need some distraction. I need to peel off my butt from my seat or I might read all 600 pages from the samsoon thread in soompi.

I was about to watch Episode 5 without subs...
but when JH started mumbling Hee Jin's name in his sleep, I was so pissed off and stopped it..
That would hinder me temporarily, I guess...

dammit...knowing yoga at a time like this would help--
I need to clear my brain into emptiness XD

boba

Post by boba » Jul 10th, '05, 18:11

yes i think hyun bin and the korean amer guy is hot ..... :w00t:

eternalfame....i think its you....dl gspot.exe and see what the problem is

Suki37

Post by Suki37 » Jul 11th, '05, 21:42

Just wopndering; which episode are the english subs released up to? Cuz I currently at episode 12 (I know how to read chinese). So, I could put up episode by epsiode synopsis and pics if you guys would like. ^^

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Jul 12th, '05, 15:24

Then you've got all RAW eps so far. Airdates are Wednesday and Thursday evenings. English subs have been released from ep. 1-4 +6.
One other thing I'm wondering, more about LUXURY. Do they actually make SFV files with their releases? I wanted to seed an episode this morning with a copy I dled from eMule, but likely the CRC's didnt match eachother, so the version thats up the tracker overwrote my existing version and now I have to redownload the episode, which wouldnt have been necessary if I could sfv check the files.

downazzbxx

Post by downazzbxx » Jul 12th, '05, 23:21

I just started this drama and I love it I can't wait to see the rest. I have a question I don't know if this is accurate but I read somewhere that luxury wasn't capturing this drama any more. So does that mean that there won't be any more raw episodes of this drama any more?

L1ttl3_G1rl

Post by L1ttl3_G1rl » Jul 13th, '05, 12:51

anybody know which clubbox has the LQ???

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 14th, '05, 02:53

While I was at work today, I saw a newspaper lying around...I would have ignored it but then I saw "KOREA" in big bold letters on the headline...I quickly grabbed it and man I couldn't believe what I read...
It was on The Vancouver Sun, July 11, 2005

It was on the Arts and Life Section
SOUTH KOREA'S BRIDGET JONES
Soap Opera a Hit | C5

and then there was a big picture of Samsoon and Samshik doing their Dance pose (where she was wearing a red dress) at the top of the arts and life first page

I've found the electronic print of the article here

Anyway with all the Bridget and Samsoon talk going on, I think Sam-soon has more substance than Bridget. The weight watching, the oldmaid part, basic physical appearance, having a player for a boyfriend...the similarities probably stop there. When Bridget had the occasional epiphanies, Samsoon's defense mode is always ON. Almost nobody wins a conversation with her. Bridget sometimes makes us women sorrier for ourselves with her never-ending clumsiness.
I know she's just a fictional character, but aside from Jang-geum, Samsoon is becoming my korean idol~~bwahaha XD

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Jul 14th, '05, 03:32

spoiler for ep6 wrote: Ok, so did anyone watch ep 6 yet? Wooooo that was a beautiful kiss. Koreans usually disappoint me in the action department, but Samsoon did not disappoint me ^^. In fact, she kissed two different guys in the same episode and they were both great.

Lynn0419

Post by Lynn0419 » Jul 16th, '05, 03:00

Hi i'm just wondering which clubbox has My Name is Kim Sam Soon ...
because i want to download it but i don't know where ..
please suggest some clubbox addies to me..
thanks!

astyrae

Post by astyrae » Jul 16th, '05, 03:54

Generally speaking, I don’t usually like dramas much, but there is something in this show that appeals to me. I think a lot of it is the mood. I also really enjoy the actors and think they work well together. Generally, I think the show is put together well.

Also, from what I’ve heard, there seems to be a lot of interest/debate about Kim Sam Soon as being an unconventional female lead for kdrama. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Do you think the popularity of this show represents a trend of changing attitudes of women in Korea?

boltar

Post by boltar » Jul 16th, '05, 05:52

I cannot get enough of this drama. I saw the first two episodes with very low expectations (come on, a pastry chef?), but so far it has blown me away. I'm desperately waiting for episode 9 to finish downloading. I just hope it doesn't go downhill towards the end like most kdramas have done in the past.
possible spoilers wrote: Never have I seen the leading female role played by an "overweight, old" woman in a kdrama like this. She's constantly getting crap from everyone that she's old and fat. Getting rejected left and right by guys. Yet there's something about her that I find very attractive. Watching her, you realize that being 30 isn't that different than being 20. I don't remember the exact lines, but she said something along the lines of "I thought that when I'm this age, I wouldn't be heart-broken over a man... that I'd know better and I'd be prepared for whatever that may come my way."

You expect certain things to happen when you get older... but in reality, it's just the same old, same old.

purplexx

Post by purplexx » Jul 16th, '05, 07:53

Lynn0419 wrote:Hi i'm just wondering which clubbox has My Name is Kim Sam Soon ...
because i want to download it but i don't know where ..
please suggest some clubbox addies to me..
thanks!
hey.. u can try clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy
that's where i get my episodes..

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jul 16th, '05, 16:47

hey anybody know know wat movie or other drama hyun bin is in.?? im soo in love wit him!! :wub: :wub: ........lolz.... ive seen spin kick .he was in dat movie..... so anybody know other movies hes on??......

O hey ive been trying to find more stuff about him.... lyk hes profile but i cant find any...... :cry:
any body know stuff about him... lyk how old he is and stuf?? thankz :w00t: :D

minivan100

Post by minivan100 » Jul 16th, '05, 18:34

kimmie_ai_ni4 wrote:hey anybody know know wat movie or other drama hyun bin is in.?? im soo in love wit him!! :wub: :wub: ........lolz.... ive seen spin kick .he was in dat movie..... so anybody know other movies hes on??......

O hey ive been trying to find more stuff about him.... lyk hes profile but i cant find any...... :cry:
you can get more info on him over at soompi.

mashiso

Post by mashiso » Jul 16th, '05, 18:40

Could someone who has download this drama from clubox help me on the process...I was trying to download this drama from japaneseguy and I did the correct way of downloading. However, it keep prompting me to download ActiveX (which I already did)...I am also a member of clubox ... So confusing...Please help me... :-(

kim™©®

Post by kim™©® » Jul 16th, '05, 18:55

kim son ah staring also?...is that her?...

now it's catching my attention...:w00t: .i think i gonna watch it ..... :roll: u can see it everywhere in the clubbox... :D

mashiso

Post by mashiso » Jul 16th, '05, 20:10

Wondering if could someone please post episodes 10 - 14 that is already available on clubox. I am a clubox member but can't download from there....Please be kind to share your files...aja aja :unsure:

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jul 17th, '05, 04:37

I am really impressed by this drama. I don't know any of the casts but they're all great actors. Kim Sun Ah is pretty good. She acts very naturally. She's shining out of her ability to act, not her appearance. The storyline is unique too. I also like all supporting actors. Can't wait for the subs for this drama.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 17th, '05, 06:34

kimmie_ai_ni4 wrote:hey anybody know know wat movie or other drama hyun bin is in.?? im soo in love wit him!! :wub: :wub: ........lolz.... ive seen spin kick .he was in dat movie..... so anybody know other movies hes on??......

Here's Hyun Bin's profile, in the DramaWiki.: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hyun_Bin

sansan143

Post by sansan143 » Jul 20th, '05, 15:37

So far, I've watched 2 episodes and I'm so hooked! Sam Soon is not the typical beautiful lead so I think that makes me drawn to her. :lol I'm so excited to watch the rest of the episodes, I would just die if something happens to my DSL connection :P

JeWeLz x3

Post by JeWeLz x3 » Jul 21st, '05, 16:21

I'm in love with this drama.
and I'm in love w/ Hyun Bin =P

apples

Post by apples » Jul 21st, '05, 17:23

i'm at ep 9 and i really don't know what is going to happen next. doesn't seem likely that hyun-bin will fall for sam-soon.. i wonder how their relationship will develop. i'm trying to resist all temptation to skip episodes again and watch ep11 onwards.

sunnyblue

Post by sunnyblue » Jul 21st, '05, 17:39

mashiso wrote:Could someone who has download this drama from clubox help me on the process...I was trying to download this drama from japaneseguy and I did the correct way of downloading. However, it keep prompting me to download ActiveX (which I already did)...I am also a member of clubox ... So confusing...Please help me... :-(

Happened to me too. What i do is close the window, reopen new one and keep trying. Sometime the first time works, but most of the time I need to redo a few times. Maybe the server is too busy, don't know why. Good luck ! ^_^

jwcalvin

Post by jwcalvin » Jul 21st, '05, 18:11

sunnyblue wrote:
mashiso wrote:Could someone who has download this drama from clubox help me on the process...I was trying to download this drama from japaneseguy and I did the correct way of downloading. However, it keep prompting me to download ActiveX (which I already did)...I am also a member of clubox ... So confusing...Please help me... :-(

Happened to me too. What i do is close the window, reopen new one and keep trying. Sometime the first time works, but most of the time I need to redo a few times. Maybe the server is too busy, don't know why. Good luck ! ^_^
8) don't worry..hie hie..i'm here to solve ur woes.. :lol
the way clubbox works is a bit tricky..when u click on the download button, a pop up window appears. So, if it doesn't load right after u click your selection, this is what u can do to get it running. Believe me, i've experimented it and it never fails.

1. When u tick on ur selection, click download button.
2.After that, a popup window appear asking u to confirm ur selection

From here onwards, it all involves the pop-up window only.

3. At that window, click download
4.If the cb doesn't work, you have to go back to the previous page, that is by pressing alt+ <-(left arrow) sign to get back to the previous window. After that, press alt+ ->(right arrow) sign so that u go back to the forwarded page..There is no need to click on anything cause the download will automatically be queued in cb.

This applies to any cb regardless of the file size.

HAve fun trying. :P

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jul 22nd, '05, 02:30

When I went to download from lollol101's box, I was suprised to see that Kim Sam Soon ep 16 had "majimok" on it which means "final." -- I can't believe how fast time flies by, but then again, I jumped on this drama at about ep 8 or so, I'm not sure.

Anyway, eh. This drama is not bad but I'm not sure why it's so popular. Over at soompi, at any given moment like 50 people are viewing the Kim Sam Soon thread - one would think they were looking at a list of people browing an entire board but if's for that thread alone. In Korea the last two episodes maxed out at 50% viewer rating or something.

I won't spoil anything, it's not really possible to spoil this show, which is curious in itself. But.. hmm...I don't feel as though I've watched anything, though KSS is a fast-paced drama. I had some laughs, almost shed some tears. That's about it. :-)

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jul 22nd, '05, 02:57

does anybody know wer i can get da lyrics to this drama's songs?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 22nd, '05, 09:36

NOOOOOOOOOO i didn't want to see it end. That show was so much fun. Image

BABYPHAT

Post by BABYPHAT » Jul 23rd, '05, 16:42

OHHHHHH MYYYY GOOOSHHH...hyun bin is super duperly hott in my name is kim sam soon!! ahh...*drools* :wub:

swtxshelly77

Post by swtxshelly77 » Jul 23rd, '05, 23:15

does anybody have the soundtrack? and if anybody does can you send them to me? email me at swtxshelly77@yahoo.com

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 24th, '05, 05:50

swtxshelly77 wrote:does anybody have the soundtrack? and if anybody does can you send them to me? email me at swtxshelly77@yahoo.com
It's on the tracker & there are still seeds.

PinkieJosie

Post by PinkieJosie » Jul 24th, '05, 07:22

how good is this series? Is this totally reccomanded it?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 24th, '05, 08:17

PinkieJosie wrote:how good is this series? Is this totally reccomanded it?
Well, I haven't watched it myself so I can't personally recommended it. But the fact is this series is the highest rated in Korea this year, so it must be doing something right. Give it a try. :)

lilpiggi3

Post by lilpiggi3 » Jul 24th, '05, 23:23

I've only seen 2 episodes from this series, so far so good :] Sam Soon's daydreams are so funny hahah. Those yummy cakes in the series makes me wish I was a party chef.

question: is this series My Lovely Sam Soon or My Name is Kim Sam Soon? When i was watching Airirang and they did a story on this series they called it My Lovely Sam Soon. & now i see people at the forum referring it as My Name is Kim Sam Soon.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 24th, '05, 23:48

lilpiggi3 wrote:question: is this series My Lovely Sam Soon or My Name is Kim Sam Soon? When i was watching Airirang and they did a story on this series they called it My Lovely Sam Soon. & now i see people at the forum referring it as My Name is Kim Sam Soon.
Korean series usually have a variation of English titles. "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" is the literally translated English title of this series, but in Korea the English title "My Lovely Sam Soon" seems to be the one used most.

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jul 25th, '05, 02:27

PinkieJosie wrote:how good is this series? Is this totally reccomanded it?
TOTALLY RECOMENDED!!!!! HYUN BIN IS SOO HOTT!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

grcc

Post by grcc » Jul 25th, '05, 08:18

I have watched up to Ep 14 of this drama and I just love it so much. The nice thing about this drama is not only its great cast but also the story. It makes you feel more realistic than other K-dramas. What I like the most is all of the characters are very real and interesting. They fight for what they think they deserve and do not give up easily. For instance, SS doesn't give up her love when SSk' s ex told her to and SSk knows what he really wants and go for it. SS is my type b/c she is strong, optermistic and funny. Morever, SS is down to earth and loveable. This is my first time to watch about Hyun Bin but I think his acting is truly cute and adorable. The way he winks, smiles and loves SS just melt my heart and make me laugh, cry and dream. I don't know how much to say in order to express my feeling for this serie. It has been quite a while for me to have such feeling over a drama like this. The feeling that that you don't want the serie to end and want to watch more, know more about every characters' lives. This serie is one of my favorite K-dramas beside Full house and Sweet 18.
Cheer
Have a good one

XtineZaiKen

Post by XtineZaiKen » Jul 25th, '05, 09:05

i would definitely recommend this drama. i've seen it 3 times in the last two weeks. after full house, i havent watched any series at all. This drama is realistic in a sense that the characters are just like you and me. They're worldy, insatiable, indecisive, afraid. I think taht's why people are drawn to this drama. The characters are flawed, yet loveable. :D

...and it helped that they casted good looking guys... :D