[Discussion] MARS (2016)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ladyofshalott

[Discussion] MARS (2016)

Post by ladyofshalott » Feb 11th, '16, 23:17

Hello does anyone know the name of the ending song?
thanks

ZemusDS

Re: [Discussion] MARS

Post by ZemusDS » Feb 11th, '16, 23:40

Hm, I've only watched episode 1 so far. Are you talking about "Friends" by Rebecca? Its this dramas insert song.

The main theme song is "Gravity" by Kis-My-Ft2

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: [Discussion] MARS (2016)

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 11th, '16, 23:42

Only got the following info.

Theme song: Gravity by Kis-My-Ft2
Insert song: Friends by Rebecca

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/MARS

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Feb 12th, '16, 12:25

Please help me where I can watch or download it. The Taiwanese version is my all-time favourite drama, so I would very much like to check out this one.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 12th, '16, 12:31

gilnis wrote:Please help me where I can watch or download it. The Taiwanese version is my all-time favourite drama, so I would very much like to check out this one.
At Nyaa
Plotboxes (need to join)

Subtitles by http://oneokusagi.livejournal.com/

Oneokusagi wrote on Feb 11th at their Twitter
More of an update will come later but my life has exploded so I am assuming I will be on subbing hiatus for a couple months.

Long post explaining everything here. http://oneokusagi.livejournal.com/11203.html

(Other than Mars, Oneokusagi is also subbing First Class 2.)

resha22chad

Post by resha22chad » Feb 12th, '16, 14:33

gilnis wrote:Please help me where I can watch or download it. The Taiwanese version is my all-time favourite drama, so I would very much like to check out this one.
u can also find hardsub in this web:
fansub(dot)chiseen(dot)net

u need to ask password to entry her website by register in entrysheet in her website
its really easy

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Feb 12th, '16, 15:21

Oh, thank you guys so much! Thank you! You made my day! :cheers:

ladyofshalott

Post by ladyofshalott » Feb 12th, '16, 21:14

MANY THANKS!!
:dance:

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Feb 13th, '16, 09:05

Friends by REBECCA is a fantastic song. It was in Ryoko Hirosue's Lipstick. I bought the CD single in Tokyo.

Audrey Hopkins

Post by Audrey Hopkins » Feb 21st, '16, 07:25

Hi, you can download it at http://doramax264.com/29599/mars-but-i- ... rama-2016/.
they have a lot of other dramas too either Japan, Korea or China dramas. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Audrey Hopkins

Post by Audrey Hopkins » Feb 21st, '16, 07:29

i am a hardcore fan of Mars manga but i didn't watch the Taiwanese version because i didn't really adore the lead actress (no offence). So all these times i was hoping that either Korean or Japan entertainment industries would make their own adaptation of this manga. Surprisingly Japan did!! :cheers: And i've watched two episodes by now and i'm reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy satisfied!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: The lead actor fits Rei but if his hair is longer it would be perfect! And the lead actress is super kawai! I love how cinematic this drama is because i really couldn't enjoy a drama if the production is quite sloppy. I'm anticipating the other episodes as well. Can't wait!

To those who haven't read the manga, i recommend you to read it because there's a lot of things in the manga that wasn't even in the drama. There are sweet moments between Kira and Rei too.

Spoiler alert: :x

i didn't get it why they changed Masao's name? Do Japan has an issue with the name or what? And i didn't like it that they brought Masao too early in this drama. On top of that, he's being wayyyy too friendly and caring with Kira. In the manga, Masao supposed to show himself after Rei and Kira started dating. And Masao wasn't that friendly and caring with Kira. He wasn't even in the same class as them. Please someone explain this to me or maybe Makio is not Masao? Is he a new character they made up to create a love triangle maybe? And i'm glad they didn't really center the story on Rei's passion with bikes and his bikes gang because it was too boring when i read it in the manga LOL

I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH THE EPISODES DURATION!!! One episode should be longer than 20 minutes!!! This drama is toooo good to be that short!

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Feb 21st, '16, 13:04

Welcome Audrey, and thanks for the link. :)

I totally agree about the duration. I don't see the reason behind it and to put it mildly, it doesn't do any good to the drama. Despite being my favourite, I've always felt the Taiwanese version with its 40-45 min episodes was too short and so its plot was rushed a bit. But what can I say now? I was surprised that it could be shortened and I was shocked that it had been shortened so much. I had high hopes before but after I've seen four episodes I'm not so happy anymore. Either we'll only get rough synopsis compared to the manga or there'll be very big changes in the story. But what about depth and genuineness? Literally there's no time for them.

In my opinion the Taiwanese one had darker tone than the manga which I liked very much. You could feel the presence of fear, dark mystery and unsaid problems. Contrarily the Japanese version has the same tone as the manga or maybe even lighter where you have no clue about the darkness. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the story evolved nicely and I knew for sure that certain things would happen later, but once again, what can be done in 20 minutes?
(By the way, do you guys know how many episodes it will have?)

I think the actors fit their roles, however I'm not pleased with Makio's character either (the same reasons as you, Audrey) and what's worse, I don't like how Kira is shown
because she's too "not traumatized".
Her behaviour is a basic thing for the plot so she can't vary from the Kira in the manga. I wonder it's the director's fault or the actress's lack of ability. Even if one dislikes Barbie Xu, one must admit she was great being Kira (Qiluo). I say, unless you expressly are a hater, Audrey, you should really try the Taiwanese version too. It's a duty for a hardcore fan. :mrgreen: