What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Jun 12th, '14, 07:14

Going to start Bride of the Century and test Cunning Single Lady. From what we've caught on the OTA, Doctor Stranger looks pretty good, New Leaf also.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Jul 26th, '14, 07:46

Finished You're all surrounded and Doctor Stranger. I liked them both.

Picked up The Joseon Gunman. Looks entertaining. And Marriage without Dating which could be fun.

Totally by accident came across Fated to Love You (korean). May be fun.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 27th, '14, 15:49

Trot Lovers. Sadly, the 8th episode was already the firs filler episode and ow, after episode 10, I guess I know exactly what will happen. If I turn out to be right: Lame!

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jul 27th, '14, 16:01

Trot Lovers - it's nothing special, nothing new, but Jung Eun Ji's voice and way of singing are awesome!

sfnoona

Post by sfnoona » Jul 27th, '14, 17:12

Just started watching It's Ok It's Love with Zo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin.
It's nice to see Zo In Sung in something a bit more fun and Gong Hyo Jin is always so great as a comedic heroine.
I can't recall seeing a drama before that had a strong premise around people with different mental illnesses - hopefully the series can remain fun while not being to disrespectful of folks with mental health issues so far it seems to be working!

Also enjoying
Fated to Love You - Jang Hyuk is hilarious in this series.
Joseon Gunman - Interesting storyline and Lee Jun Ki is great as always. Hope they can keep the pace in the later half of show.
Glorious Day - Really loving this longer family drama at about the 1/2 way point it is still engaging and full of likable characters.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Jul 27th, '14, 18:28

At the moment (no real order):
1. Trot King [Music]
2. The Joseon Gunman [hmm ... the pretty]
3. Fated To Love You [Trying not to be reminded of the original -- Jang Na Ra aka Human Kryptonite]
4. Marriage Not Dating [Crazy Han Groo]
5. High School - Love On [Kim Sae Ron -- Our drama loving little angel]

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 29th, '14, 00:30

gilnis wrote:Trot Lovers - it's nothing special, nothing new, but Jung Eun Ji's voice and way of singing are awesome!
And, in episode 11 happend pretty much exactly, what I foresaw. *sigh*

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Jul 30th, '14, 01:13

Currently watching : Fated To Love you, High School King, Triangle, The Duo (never got around to watching it when it first aired, and Marriage Without Dating (Anticipate Marriage).

So far I like all of them! High School King was the biggest surprise for me.... I thought it was going to be extremely corny but it turned out to be quite good! :D

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 31st, '14, 14:38

I just started Answer 1997 because I heard much good about this one...but it's really a pain in theb utt, to get alle the raws and the subtitles together...It'S really hard to find the fitting raws for the subtitles I have...

Can anyone help me? Are there more then one subtitles? Are there batch torrents, that contain raws and subs?

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jul 31st, '14, 15:09

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:And, in episode 11 happend pretty much exactly, what I foresaw. *sigh*
Yeah... don't even mention it! This story is full of "what you should NOT use" cliches. I'd write it better. However I cannot just leave Jung Eun Ji and trot...
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I just started Answer 1997 because I heard much good about this one...
My thoughts exactly! Great minds think alike... :D

Plus I'm going to check out It's okay it's love.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 31st, '14, 15:28

gilnis wrote:Yeah... don't even mention it! This story is full of "what you should NOT use" cliches. I'd write it better. However I cannot just leave Jung Eun Ji and trot...
Same here. The problem for me is, that "Trot Lovers" is not only very predictable, but it uses ALL the cliché K-Drama things.
gilnis wrote:My thoughts exactly! Great minds think alike... :D[/b].
May I ask wich RAWs and subtitles you use?

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jul 31st, '14, 16:05

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:May I ask wich RAWs and subtitles you use?
I'm not sure whether I may say it, because I don't download them from DA. Have you tried Asiatorrents?

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 31st, '14, 19:53

Isn't AT invite only? And don't they have some super strict upload ratio rules?

ShiiinHee

Post by ShiiinHee » Aug 2nd, '14, 00:10

Currently finishing Good Doctor and i'm about to start Rooftop Prince..
I didn't get to watch these when they got out so i'm catching up now xp
I actually can't really watch a drama while it's airing and wait for a week each episode ^^"
I did that for "My love from the stars" and "You're all surrounded" bu those were special ones :3

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Aug 2nd, '14, 06:56

Shiiinhee, I'll bet you were like "AAARGGGHHH" at the end of nearly every episode of My Love from the stars and You're all surrounded. :P

I don't have watched that many kdrama's, but I have to say, that the male lead's laughter in Fated to Love you... well,... I don't think that I've seen/heard such mmm... explosive, laughter before :P
The waltz music at the end of episode 8, that was lovely though. Repeated that part several times, just to listen.

After reading the posts above, I think I'll check out
- Trot Lovers, (music, and singing, heh)
- It's OK, it's Love (unusual premise)
- High School - Love On (little angels ending up in the wrong/right(?) place, I like that ... more or less)
- High School King (mistaken/switched identities, could be fun)

It'll be a bit difficult if I happen to like those series too: so much to watch, so little time to do it :P

ShiiinHee

Post by ShiiinHee » Aug 2nd, '14, 13:08

Thierry23 wrote:Shiiinhee, I'll bet you were like "AAARGGGHHH" at the end of nearly every episode of My Love from the stars and You're all surrounded. :P
Yeah tell me about it especially when there's a kissing scene/confession scene/break up scene xD or like 80 percent of the time!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 14th, '14, 19:22

Just finished Once Upon A Time In Saengchori. Loved it. It has been years since I've watched a drama so passionately. Finished in 3 days. Yes, it is sometimes cheezy and cliche but still - full of surprises and both - very serious and funny.

Vultural

아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Post by Vultural » Aug 14th, '14, 20:43

Got two episodes to go of Athena: Goddess Of War.
I delayed viewing this for awhile because of terrible reviews.
IRIS, it ain't. The lead, Jung Woo-sung, mugged the camera too much at the beginning.
At times, I thought he was auditioning for a boy band.
Several of the foreign locations seemed pointless, and Athena, as an evil agency, seems weak.
For all that, Cha Seung-won is a devastating villain.

I will be glad when I finish, nevertheless.
Last edited by Vultural on Aug 28th, '14, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

vinz2318

Re: So, What Kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Post by vinz2318 » Aug 16th, '14, 04:04

The Heirs :roll

TempestRider

Post by TempestRider » Sep 22nd, '14, 23:20

Currently watching:

The Nightwatchman - I'm getting bored I almost dropped it, but I decided to stick till the end of this drama.

High School: Love On - Loving this one, it's only 1 episode per week though so waiting time really sucks.

Surplus Princess - This one I find funny, it's nice to see Song Jae Rim doing romantic comedy this time :)

My Lovable Girl - So far, I can't feel the chemistry between Rain and Krystal but it's too early to tell, :)

The Three Musketeers - I'm beginning to get confused about this one, all the secrets is frustrating , urgh!

Long Vacation - I miss Kimura and I decided to watch this one again, love it to bits :)

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Sep 29th, '14, 20:08

isn't it so difficult to find something to watch lately?
I started
My lovable girl - so far Dog (with big D as the best here) and L are only interesting parts and I can't belive myself I said it. If dog dies..
My Secret Hotel - still not sure but they started so well with dead body falling so I try a little bit more
Three hmm.. whatever they are.. maybe if I forget about tittle?
Surplus Princess - the best here as it is funny (GD parody win me over) and crazy

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Oct 14th, '14, 13:35

I am really enjoying a lot of the dramas that are out now!

Greatest Marriage - LOVE this one so far! SO sad that they cut it down to one episode per week!

Plus Nine Boys - It is okay... Not bad but not great... Good filler drama...

The Nightwatchman - Love this drama! Good amount of action and an interesting storyline.

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho - I know... It's old and one must wonder what rock I have been living under to have not seen it... I started watching it before and life got in the way... Finally getting around to seeing it. :D

kimchispice27

Post by kimchispice27 » Oct 14th, '14, 13:51

I've just started on Hotel King. Watched You're All Surrounded before that. I've been lagging quite a bit, 'cuz I've been really busy with work, but I'm working it out. :p

lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs » Oct 28th, '14, 21:16

Modern Farmer. I'm hoping that the first 2 episodes aren't the best the show has to offer. I quite enjoyed them and it makes for a much needed laugh.

diediebydie

Post by diediebydie » Oct 29th, '14, 14:43

lair game, secret door, surpluss princess, roommate

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Oct 30th, '14, 00:33

good season started?
Bad Guys: even if I have my doubts about some logic still the best thing here, Jung Moon is sooo innocent! I expect big conspiracy!
Liar Game: I saw Japanese version so I know outcome more or less and stakes are not so high with game being legal and it lacks atmosphere original had but not so bad
Cantabile tomorrow: good music but still as above
Pride and Prejudice: could be interesting if they do not go into melodrama too much once again (but they will, they will)
Three whatever: yeah, still, I need some period drama to follow I guess, even fake one
My lovable girl: fastforward mode, still for dog (less and less of him) and Myungsoo, I really don't care about this psychotherapy in waiting romance they promote
to consider: Reset, Night Watchmen

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Nov 5th, '14, 16:38

The two series I'm enjoying the most currently are:

Secret Door: it's very political, which I don't like usualy... So far it's hard to relate the main character to his historical description... but eventhough we know how it ended historically, it's still pretty interesting and enjoyable.
Bad Guys: it's all fiction but somehow works for me. There are several underlying misteries about the links between the past of the main cast. I'm looking forward for what's coming next.

Some I've tried:
Liar Game: only watched the first two so far, I guess I'll give it a try. Got bored of the japanese version pretty quickly, wonder if this one will get my attention longer.
Cantabile tomorrow: Eventhough the story comes from a manga, for a drama about music, one would expect some attention to details when it comes to music. But the actors do a pretty awful job at that, being when it comes to play the piano or to direct an orchestra. The actress is overacting, but I guess that's the concept, as the japanese one was similar. Not my thing.
My lovable girl: the story is dull. And the acting is even worse... apart from Shi Woo, who is the only character one still minds for after a couple of episodes.

The best from last season:
It's OK, it's love: I've enjoyed that drama more than I would have expected. The love story is developped in a pretty fast pace, which is unusual and it allowed to spend some time on other concerns. For once the relationship danger was not the eternal love triangle or parent opposition. It was somehow original, and I recommend it.[/b]

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Jan 18th, '15, 21:42

It was as I have feared: too many to watch, and too little time to do it :)
Well, I've finally finished most of the series I've mentioned in my previous posts. (The Joseon Gunman, Marriage without Dating, Fated to Love You, High School King, High School - Love On, The Three Musketeers, The Nightwatchman)

After reading posts above considering:
- Surplus Princess
- My Secret Hotel (the described start from ep. 1 sounds good to me)

Currently watching (Late start)
- Pinocchio
- Misaeng
At first I was a bit hesitant about this one, having read only a synopsis. But it was better, much much better, than I had expected. I will absolutely finish this one.

drex

Post by drex » Jan 22nd, '15, 16:01

- Birth of a Beauty
- Dr. Frost
- Healer
- Heart to Heart
- Hyde, Jekyll, Me
- Kill Me, Heal Me
- Mr. Back
- Nae Il's Cantabile (Cantabile Tomorrow)
- Pinocchio
- Pride and Prejudice
- Punch (2014)
- Shine or Go Crazy
- Spy
- The King's Face

A lot. :whistling:

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 6th, '15, 17:45

Finished:
- Pinocchio
A series that I really really liked. I'm a bit sensitive to depictions of relationships between brothers, so maybe that's why I liked it.
IMO the actor who played the Ki Jae Myung character (the older brother) did a good job, becoming another major secondary character in a series, that I liked very much.

- Misaeng
It was indeed a good series. Funny, without being a comedy. Tense moments, without being a thriller. The actor who played team leader Oh, was marvelous. Im Si Wan IMO was doing a good job, playing the Jang Geu Rae character. At the last episode I thought that he maybe could play a secret agent? :P

Currently watching:
- Healer
- Spy
- Hyde Jekyll Me
- Dr. Frost

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Feb 8th, '15, 04:24

Shine or Go Crazy; it is light entertainment

it's only my third KDrama (previous: The Joseon Gunman and Arang and the Magistrate)

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Feb 17th, '15, 22:06

Right now I am watching

The King's Face : Love it! Good acting and an interesting "fictitious but based on real people" plot. Enjoying this one!

Heal Me, Kill Me : Really unrealistic view of DID (the "Bruce Banner/HULK changes are almost hilarious) and the most unprofessional psychiatrists that I have ever seen portrayed in any drama BUT it is still entertaining. It is keeping my interest! And Ji Sung is doing an excellent acting job IMO.

Shine or Go Crazy : Kind of lame but it is a good "filler fluff" drama IMO so far.

Birth Of A Beauty : Struggling through this one for some reason.... It is okay but the "go from fat to thin and the world is at your feet" plot is getting tired.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 24th, '15, 21:40

Finished:
Dr. Frost
Quite an intriguing series.

Healer
Very entertaining. I don't know why, but that name Park Bong Soo, somehow got stuck in my head. :P

Started to Watch:
Heal Me, Kill Me
Indeed very entertaing one.

Blood
Primarily picked this one because of the lead actor. I've noticed him for the first time in You Who Came From the Stars (minor role), and noticed him later again in You're All Surrounded (major secondary role). I'm just very curious whether he'll be able to play a lead character.
Main drawback of this series, at least for me, are the endings of the episodes. I'm getting those "AAAARGH" moments again, like in You Who Came From the Stars. If that's the intention of the authors, well.... then they're bloody good at it. (no pun intended)

Is it just me, or are there quite a few series at the moment, with psychiatrists/psychologists/mental disabilities ?

Eun-ju Lee

Post by Eun-ju Lee » Feb 26th, '15, 19:49

Personal taste: It was completely wasting of time.
I started to watchin "I hear your voice"Ive finished ep 4,but its too cold and boring.The charecters dont have any intresting point and I dont like the lead actress,so I want to drop it :-(

sanrockps

Post by sanrockps » Aug 8th, '15, 14:18

Just finished hidden identity.. gonna start my beautiful bride and I remember you...

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Aug 8th, '15, 15:28

Both of them are so underrated. They can get you hooked up, imho.

Oh my gosh, how much I love every minute of I remember you. It has a really exciting, great plot with just plain amazing performances from the whole cast.
And My beautiful bride also has a very good and original story and setup so far (I've only seen 6 eps), your usual cliches are nowhere to be found.

lilmanjs

Re: What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Post by lilmanjs » Sep 26th, '15, 01:43

I Order You
My first stab at watching web-dramas. No clue how long they've been making these, but this is getting better with each episode. The first was kinda bland, but I gave the second a chance and have kept on watching. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Does anyone know when they started making Web Dramas?

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 7th, '15, 19:29

Deleted
Last edited by Hitokiri_Johndoesai on Nov 14th, '18, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Nov 19th, '15, 14:04

Gosh, almost 9 months ... In that time I've finshed a few drama's.

Finished

Blood
Was indeed entertaining. I wonder if they will ever make a sequel.

Kill Me, Heal Me
This one was ok IMO.

Angry Mom
Drama in a High School setting. Gosh, all the corruption that they had to contend with.
One secondary character that stood out to me was the Go Bok Dong character (played by Ji Soo. He played a similar character in Cheer Up - Sassy Go Go).

Who Are You - School 2015
Another High School thingy.
I was impressed by how Kim So Hyun played both twin sisters, and Jo Soo Hyang, who played the main antagonist Kang So Young. Jo Soo Hyang played her character so good.... I wanted to strangle her :P

I Remember You
This one was a very good one, at least that's my opinion.

Oh My Ghostess
It was really funny how Park Bo Young played the Na Bong Sun character, especially when possesed by the ghost. She looks so innocent, but then she says something that makes you go "Whaaaaat???..." because of all the innuendo that's oozing from her words :P

Twenty Again
I totally loved this one. The way the main character, Ha No Ra (played by Choi Ji Woo), is kind of seeking a new meaning for her own life, apart from being a wife and mother was enticing.Three scenes with Ha No Ra that really stood out for me were:
  • So Fun:
    Episode 6, when her son coming home and waiting at the elevator sees this high school girl waiting besides him... only to realize it's his mum!
  • Heart wrenching:
    Episode 9, When Ha No Ra cried after the dance performance with the university dance club, realizing that she has missed her chance to become a dancer 18 years ago
  • Total satisfaction
    Episode 13, She slaps her husband... not once but twice! She just found out that she was prevented to go to her grandma's funeral 18 yrs ago, because he lied to her
She Was Pretty
This one was very good and fun too.
Maybe I'm rambling a bit too much about secondary characters, but again I'm having a weak spot for the secondary's in this drama.
The Min Ha Ri character (played by Go Joon Hee) did something very meanto the main character, but somehow I could understand her, and I didn't go into "I-want-to-strangle-you"-mode. Choi Si Won (yes the one from Superjunior) played the Kim shin Hyuk character in such a way... it was just ... absolutely fun to watch. I haven't seen him before in a drama, but he did extremely well IMO.

Cheer Up - Sassy Go Go
Light entertainment in a high school setting.

Yong Pal
It started out very strong, but halfway I lost interest and went into fast-forward mode... not sure why, maybe because the story could not entice me? I don't think it's Joo Won's and/or Kim Tae Hee's fault. They portrayed the mains good enough IMO. The action-scene's were very good though.
Not sure whether this counts as "finished" :P

Currently Watching

Oh My venus
Strange premisse, but Shin Min Ah... ah.. she's so adorable, even with the extra weight :P (not really extra weight but.. artificial ... i think...)
It hasn't clicked for me yet, but I'm willing to give it a few episodes.

The Village - Achiara's secret
The story has completely captured me. I want to finish this one, even when it's just to find out, who did what to whom and why... erhm...

Sweet Savage Family
Saw some trailers at the end of She Was Pretty, and I'm willing to give this one a try. It could be fun :P

Also stumbled across a little gem of a Taiwanese gender bender drama,
Bromance , but will say more about that in the appropriate section.

HelloStranger_

Post by HelloStranger_ » Nov 26th, '15, 01:51

I'm watching Spring Waltz.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Jan 13th, '16, 13:54

Finished

Oh My Venus
Was quite entertaining, with nice secondary characters (especially Snake... It took me a while to realize he played the white haired flute assasin in Faith)

The Village - Achiara's secret
This one was indeed captivating. Shin Eun Kyung did a wonderful job as that ... uhm... 'deranged' mother.

Watching
Newly picked up

Cheese In the Trap
I had seen Park Hae Jin acting before in Doctor Stranger, and especially in You Who Came From the Stars. So I became curious when I found out he would be acting in this one. Well, he hasn't disappointed me at all... in the very first episode, already giving off the air of, bored and spoiled chaebol brat, then a chaebol brat with a mean streak, and then giving off the aura of a killer (He didn't ... I think...)
I Think I'm going to finish this one

Moorim School
Primarily picked this one up because of Lee Hyun Woo and Lee Hong Bin. I had noticed Lee Hyun Woo for the first time in To the Beautiful You and afterwards in the movies Secretly Greatly and The Technicians (aka The Con Artists). So I was wondering how he would do in a lead role.

Lee Hong Bin is the visual of the group VIXX (I think I'm becoming a fan of them). After having seen their leader (N, Cha Hak Yun) in Sassy Go Go, I was wondering how Lee Hong Bin would do in a drama. IMHO he acted good in the music videos of VIXX, especially in the music video of their song Error, but a drama series is a bit different, I guess. When I saw their music video of G.R.8.U for the first time, I thought, that Hong Bin would do fine acting as a chaebol brat. And guess what? That's the role he's playing now in Moorim School.
I liked the first two episodes very much and am really curious what direction this series is going to take.

Contemplating
Hotel King
Found out that Cha Hak Yun (N, leader of VIXX) has played in that series too, so... wondering how he did in that one :)

(No... I'm not a fangirl... just a guy who is curious how the members of VIXX are doing :p)

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Mar 18th, '16, 17:51

Finished
Moorim School
It was entertaining and also with a satisfying ending. Even while the ratings weren't that good.
IMHO Lee Hong Bin improved his acting during this series. In the first episode I felt a few times that he was a bit off, but those instances were fewer and fewer. His fight scenes during the tournament at the school made me think: "Maybe he could play an assassin or something." :P (Wouldn't that be something... a killer with the nickname 'Angelface' ... or 'Artwork' :p)

Dropped
Cheese in the Trap
It started out very good, but somewhere around episode 10 I dropped it, because something felt really off. I couldn't exactly put my finger on it at that time. But after the finale aired, I looked up the reviews, and that's when I noticed all the articles about the series. Behind that scenes there was apparently another drama going on, which ultimately led the production team to apologize to the original webtoon author, because the drama series went waaaaay off track. (And induced a 'piano-phobia' in quite a few people of the audience...) (If the main lead of the drama is almost missing in 3 or 4 episodes of 16, something isn't right. At least that's one of the things that I caught in those articles)
Real pity, it could have been the best series of 2016 IMHO, if they hadn't ruined it.

Watching
Come Back Ahjussi
Liked the premisse (Coming back after you die, but in another body. But the heavely return service isn't entirely flawless...)
So far there are enough funny moment, to balance the more dark ones.

Contemplating
Goodbye Mr. Black
Seems like a good revenge drama.

Madame Antoine
Another psychology drama, i.e. psychologist are experimenting, althought the main experiment seems quite unethical to me, and I'm not even a professional psychologist. Probably they use it as a convoluted plot device to drive the story... o well...

Hotel King
Still haven't found the time to watch it :D

tysjiang

Post by tysjiang » Apr 2nd, '16, 05:04

Just finished watching:
Healer
- Fun to watch, modern Korean drama with some nice effects. Recommendation at 80%

Watching now:
Cheese in the Trap
- so/so, in the middle of it, will finish but the series started off great then slowed down a bit, hoping it will pick up again, recommendation at 65%

Going to watch:
- ? I don't know yet... any recommendations?

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Jul 19th, '16, 08:05

Again it's been quite some time since my last post. :)

Finished
Come Back Ahjussi
It was indeed an entertaining series, with nice acting from the 2 (4?) leads. Sometimes makes you think too, like "would I be doing that?" or "Would I retry some things in my own life?". I'm not completely sure about the ending though...

Madame Antoine
I was kind of right, when I thought that the psychology setting would be used to some of the stories. And the experiment ... well... If they had tried something like that on my mom or my (not existing) sister... I would be contemplating some highly illegal things to do to the experimenters :P
The side stories of the secondary male leads were also kinda cute: one (Jung Jin Woon) being oblivious to the effects he has on an older woman, and the other (Lee Ju Hyung) adorkably (not a typo!) trying to get the interest of his girlfriend.
I think the female lead (Han Ye Seul) acted better in this series than in Myung Wol The Spy. Not sure why I felt that. Maybe she left more of an impression on me in this series...

Jackpot
Came as a surprise to me. Have watched it to the end, although at certain points it was a bit dragging (how many attempts does it need in a drama to kill the bad guy...?). For me not too special, but it was an alright thing to watch, especially for a sageuk, with lots of court intrigues, assassination (attempts) etc.

Mirror of the Witch
Costumes, lost princess, (lethal) court intrigues, supernatural thingy's, what more do you want? :P Oh yeah, Kim Sae Ron! Her acting already impressed me in The Man From Nowhere while she was still a little girl. I've seen her in High School - Love On, so I was curious how she would do flitting around in a hanbok :) Very well actually... at least... in my opinion :)

Vampire Detective
Premise was good, but IMO they could have done more with the stories. The acting was good though, very good. Wondering a bit about the ending, whether they leave it open for a 2nd season...

Page Turner
A miniseries of 3 episodes, where the female lead, played by Kim So Hyun, an aspiring pianist becomes blind after an accident and the male lead, played by Ji Soo, hears after his accident, that he can´t continu his sports. They meet and.. well, see for yourself. I found it an very good short mini series. The ending was not shown, only implied, but it was still good.

Watching
Police Unit 38
(aka 38 Task Force / 38 Revenu Collection Unit / Squad 38)
Using criminals and/or con artists to collect huge sums of tax arrears, especially from rich, corrupt individuals, sounded as an interesting premisse. Watching it is quite entertaining, and a point in favour is Seo In Guk as the good bad guy trying to help the good good guy (played by Ma Dong Suk) , against the bad bad guys (a whole bunch of 'm).
The premisse reminded me a bit of Ogon no Buta (JDrama, 2010) where a female swindler assists the Board of Audit to investigate and reposses misused taxes.

Let's Fight Ghost (aka Bring It On, Ghost)
Ok Taecyeon playing a 23yr old college student who can see (and fight against) ghost and uses that to earn some extra money as an excorsist. Until he comes across Kim Hyun Ji, the ghost of a 16yr old girl (played by Kim So Hyun, yes, the one from Page Turner and Who Are You - School 2015). He fails in his 'excorsism', and later on she helps him.
I think that Taecyeon does a good job in this comedic role. The first 2 episodes were very good, so I'm anticipating the rest of the series. (LOL watched that scene where the 2 are fighting several times. Kim So Hyung, 16 yr hs girl, punching and kicking the manly, muscular, tall Taecyeon until he loses... ok, a kick in the nuts helps, but still... :P)

Contemplating
Goodbye Mr. Black
Still contemplating this one. I've seen snippets here and there, and I think that to watch this one, I should have no other distractions to really get the story.

Doctors
A former female school delinquent as a doctor sounds good. I wonder if they will make use of her being a former delinquent, in her current occupation. Having seen snippets of the 1st episodes maybe they will, but whether they will continue to do so in the rest of the series remains to be seen.

Hotel King
Still haven't found the time :P

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jul 19th, '16, 10:46

Thierry23 wrote: Contemplating
Goodbye Mr. Black
Still contemplating this one. I've seen snippets here and there, and I think that to watch this one, I should have no other distractions to really get the story.
Don't bother. It's pretty silly.

I'm watching Beautiful Mind, it's very interesting and I enjoy the exploration into humanity and ethics. Jang Hyuk is doing a phenomenal job as Young-oh and I love his portrayal, it hits all the right notes.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Jul 19th, '16, 15:08

kitty10 wrote:
Goodbye Mr. Black
Really? mm... maybe you have saved me some time. I'll read a wee bit more reviews before I start this one. Thanks!
(And maybe I'll just ignore the reviews, start it anyway... and drop it somewhere in the middle ... :P)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jul 19th, '16, 18:13

Thierry23 wrote:
kitty10 wrote:
Goodbye Mr. Black
Really? mm... maybe you have saved me some time. I'll read a wee bit more reviews before I start this one. Thanks!
(And maybe I'll just ignore the reviews, start it anyway... and drop it somewhere in the middle ... :P)
If you don't mind spoilers, I wrote a review on it on my blog (link in sig).

if you're looking for a solid currently-airing drama, I recommend Beautiful Mind. It's 10 episodes in.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Jul 22nd, '16, 16:05

kitty10 wrote: If you don't mind spoilers, I wrote a review on it on my blog (link in sig).

if you're looking for a solid currently-airing drama, I recommend Beautiful Mind. It's 10 episodes in.
Thanks for the review on Goodbye Mr Black. The series is now postponed indefinitely. For when I'm really, really, reaaaaaallly bored :P.
BTW, I saw a few reviews you had on some JDrama's , maybe I'll pick up a few of those.

New on my Watching list:
W
the first 2 episodes were quite good. I haven't felt this level of anticipiation since ...mm... My Love from the Stars... and Misaeng. I am really looking forward to the next episodes of this series. And I'm hoping fervently that it will not loose itself somewhere in the middle...
[Edit 29-07-2016]
Having watched episode 3 and 4 I still can recommend this one. And still hoping and praying that it will stay as strong or become even stronger.
[Edit 04-08-2016]
Couldn't wait and watched ep. 5 ... it blew me away, incredibly good, especially the acting of Lee Jong Suk in this episode. I've seen him in I Hear Your Voice and Pinocchio, but in this episode of W it's the first time it felt that he really gave off a very threatening aura, almost as if he was an assassin or a maffia boss.
Awaiting episode 6 this night with impatience and filled with anticipation ...

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Mar 5th, '17, 16:21

I just finished Hwarang the beginning. A nice drama although it has some down times :(

Currently watching High Dream and I want to watch My first time, high dream 2 and high society.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Mar 27th, '17, 00:48

Gosh, already 8 months...
well, anyway:

Finished
Police Unit 38
(aka 38 Task Force / 38 Revenu Collection Unit / Squad 38)
A quite entertaining one. A bit strange here and there, but satisfying ending.

Let's Fight Ghost (aka Bring It On, Ghost)
Ghostbusters korean style. Very entertaining, with a nice twist at the end.

Doctors
I was afraid that they would not use the background of the former female school delinquent turned doctor. But as it happens she does use her skills from the past during the series.
A special mention for actor Kim Min Seok
His character, Choi Kang Soo, a 1st yr. resident neurosurgery, is diagnosed with a brain tumor. In episode 17 he is shown, shaving off the hair of his head, in preparation for the surgery. That in itself was a very moving scene, but what made it even more heartfelt, was that Kim Min Seok really cut off his hair.
W
Started out strong, with a few twists in the middle, that can give you a whiplash, if you didn't pay attention.
Ending was a bit soso, but even that had a very small surprise

Apart from those I've also watched a whole bunch other series (under spoiler)
Cinderella and the 4 knights, ^
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds,
Gogh Starry Night, (a woman, whose current boyfriend is her ex-boss, and her current boss is her ex-boyfriend, and they're all working in the same company...yeah... well)
Scarlet Heart Goryeo (start and middle were allright, ending felt very rushed),
Shopping King Louis (can recommend this one, with Seo In Guk as the chaebol heir with amnesia),
1% of Anything (remake of the 2003 series, but without too much family interactions, felt faster)
Man Living In Our House
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo (nice one, light hearted romance)
Legend of the Blue Sea (entertaining, with romance, but felt a wee bit heavier than Weightlifting Fairy, Shin Wonho from Crossgene plays in this one, first time I've seen him, did good IMO)
Goblin (bromance between dokaebi and grim reaper make it interesting, the side stories of how the grim reaper treats the deceased ones, also add to that)
Hwarang (very nice one, not perfect, but entertaining. Park Hyung Sik really got my attention with his depiction of the king in hiding. Kim Taehyung (V of Bangtan Seonyeondan) also acts in this series)
Tomorrow With You (interesting way of timetravel, should you try to change the future or not?)

Currently watching
Strong Woman Do Bongsoon
Interesting premisse. Felt and still feels promising after 10 episodes.
Park Hyung Sik plays a lead role in this one too, after Hwarang. I felt a streak of comedic acting in him in this series, which he pulled off very nicely, not only by his facial expressions, but also by how he uses his voice.

Radiant Office
After 4 episodes, it gets interesting. The exploits of 3 temp workers in an office...

The Liar and His Lover
I like the premisse, and so far the storyline is still interesting. A composer, played by Lee Hyunwoo, who only lives for music, at least, that is what it looks like... until he meets a highschool girl.

Tunnel
A serial killer is on the loose. A detective who is on that case, timeslips 30 yrs into the future (our present). Only 2 episodes in, I cried "AAARGGGH" when episode 2 ended, because I've got to wait a week, before it continues.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Apr 2nd, '17, 09:56

Thierry23 wrote: Currently watching
Strong Woman Do Bongsoon
Interesting premisse. Felt and still feels promising after 10 episodes.
Park Hyung Sik plays a lead role in this one too, after Hwarang. I felt a streak of comedic acting in him in this series, which he pulled off very nicely, not only by his facial expressions, but also by how he uses his voice.
Park Hyung-shik is doing well in this and his character Min-hyuk is the only reason I'm still sticking with this drama. It's a mess, tropes are casually dealt with and things are milked for laughs without much thought. Bong-soon is not as likeable as I'd hoped - she treated Min-hyuk horribly before she started liking him, and is a terrible employee throughout. It's credit to Park Bo-young that Bong-soon is even worth rooting for.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Sep 17th, '18, 19:28

Witch's Love but not sure we'll finish, episode 5 ended with 10 minutes of filler and ep 6 began with filler. Those halfway points seems like the writers get replaced or change the story line.

Started I.D Gangam Beauty so we'll see.

RabiaZubair

Post by RabiaZubair » Sep 21st, '18, 11:43

can someone tell me where can i download korean dramas and movies but in raw????

RabiaZubair

Post by RabiaZubair » Sep 21st, '18, 11:44

plus i finished voice 2 the day before yesterday...

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Jan 20th, '19, 04:53

One that has been sitting... W Two Worlds. Why we waited, IDK.

And Witch's Love...couldn't finish that one.

elsiedarling

Post by elsiedarling » Feb 15th, '19, 00:33

Six Flying Dragons - I've got less than 10 episodes left to watch of it. It's really an incredible drama. All of the characters are awesome, and my favorite is Moo-Hyul.

Touch Your Heart - I've been really excited about starting this drama, mainly because of the fact that Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na are the leads. I loved them in Goblin, so hearing they'd be acting together again in this was awesome news to hear! The first episode, her character (Yoo In Na's) kind of annoyed me a bit, but by the second episode I started enjoying it more. The character Choi Yoon-Hyuk seems like a really funny guy, I'm looking forward to seeing more scenes of him.

Dokgo Rewind - I began the webdrama Dokgo Rewind yesterday. It's really amazing! The fighting is awesome, but some of the bullying in it is a bit hard to watch. I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of it today.

kaoristar
Canada

Post by kaoristar » Nov 14th, '20, 01:19

Currently watching "Start-Up" as it airs, and since im on a Suzy kick, I'm watching Vagabond too!
Both are equally addicting!!

Lev

Post by Lev » Sep 30th, '21, 22:27

Hi everyone
Currently watching Six flying dragons
it may have 50 episodes but it is a detailed story of how political and social changes were made through efforts of scholars, soldiers, politics and common people.All these groups of people through talks, conflicts, difficult and painful moments drove Korea'shistory in a new age.