What do you think of Sandara Park??

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
jandevangel

What do you think of Sandara Park??

Post by jandevangel » Jun 18th, '05, 17:37

well nothing just wana ask what other people think of her??

miriko

Post by miriko » Jun 18th, '05, 17:58

Who? :blink

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Jun 18th, '05, 18:06

she's korean, but doesn't act in dramas.

i wonder why her name ended up here in d-addicts. she's not even popular.

alaina

ugh

Post by alaina » Jun 19th, '05, 08:05

PAMBANSANG KRUNG-KRUNG NG pILIPINAS!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

apples

Post by apples » Jun 19th, '05, 08:12

krungkrung? anu yun?

I've seen her in that movie called "Bcoz of U." I wasn't impressed with her acting at all. korean with a broken tagalog and english. really distracting. it was better if she stuck with either good tagalog or english.

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Jun 21st, '05, 03:28

apples wrote:krungkrung? anu yun?
believe me, you don't wanna know. :lol

she even started that stupid hand gesture! :x

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jun 21st, '05, 17:09

well since i'm FLIP, i'd say she's o.k. cuz i watch some tagalog movies n i saw her in some of da movies like Bcuz of U and Can this be Love(new) with Hero. :D i say she's pretty good at acting. and she is Korena. :P

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 21st, '05, 17:21

i know her.. i see her here in TFC channel/...............
I dnt think she can act at all ( no offense)
but dats mah opinion..........
shes pretty though,.,,, and very skinny....
but her acting skills and singin skills r pretty low.... also she seems very innocent in all things...how ever her tagalog is pretty good....but hey those are only mah opinion....... (no offense toi sandara fans)

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jun 21st, '05, 22:25

many koreans that arer acting and singing cannot do either of them well... but hotness is the reason y they r there and frankly thats fine with me... sung yuri cant act or sing very well yet i luv her b/c shes soooo damn cute... SHK (no offense SHK fan but seriously) she cant act... shes either a good quiet girl or a good loud girl... shes the worst kisser... shes very monotone in her dramas... nothing to it... but why is she so popular b/c shes so damn hot. sandara is new and fresh and pretty damn hot... and that will take her a long way although it would help if she wasnt a solo artist and maybe should be in a group like how sung yuri took a backseat to hyori in finkl

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:25

people who don't know wat she look like.....here's some pics :D
Attachments
sandara_debutalbum.jpg
sandara_debutalbum.jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 14637 times
sandara2.jpg
sandara2.jpg (69.53 KiB) Viewed 14637 times
Sandara...
Sandara...
sandara.jpg (21.35 KiB) Viewed 14642 times

Lynn Minmei

Post by Lynn Minmei » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:32

Sandara sucks! She doesnt have talents. I wonder why she becomes a star here in the Philippines. I dont know why here in the Philippines, the looks does matters not the talent. If you have good looks then you have a potential to be a star.

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:44

Lynn Minmei wrote:Sandara sucks! She doesnt have talents. I wonder why she becomes a star here in the Philippines. I dont know why here in the Philippines, the looks does matters not the talent. If you have good looks then you have a potential to be a star.

I agree.. :D ... ppl should really stop lookn at looks and start lookn fer talents......and i thk its bcuz meteor garden was really popular in phil den.....dats y... dey picked hero and sandara. cuz it knda match vic zhou and BArbie hsu........ but it annoys me how also hero tries tooo hard to copy vic... wen da only thing dats similar btween dem is da shape of der face,.,....... but da looks are really far apart....... (no offense hero fans)....but hey dats just mah opinion..... :D

Lynn Minmei

Post by Lynn Minmei » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:48

add Rainier also. doesnt know how to sing, dance and act.

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Jun 22nd, '05, 12:00

topnotch97 wrote:she's korean, but doesn't act in dramas.

Why is this here :P shouldn't this be under General Discussion she's not a korean actress or it says she's in Philippines but isn't this section korean entertainment only

No offence, btw i think is just average i've seen heaps of better looking azn girls then this :lol

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jun 22nd, '05, 22:41

Tekuza wrote:
topnotch97 wrote:she's korean, but doesn't act in dramas.

Why is this here :P shouldn't this be under General Discussion she's not a korean actress or it says she's in Philippines but isn't this section korean entertainment only

No offence, btw i think is just average i've seen heaps of better looking azn girls then this :lol
very very bad pics... ive seen way better

apples

Post by apples » Jun 23rd, '05, 04:46

topnotch97 wrote:
i do want to know what it means. i've even heard/read the word jologs but i still don't know its meaning.

topnotch97

Post by topnotch97 » Jun 23rd, '05, 22:54

apples wrote:
topnotch97 wrote:
i do want to know what it means. i've even heard/read the word jologs but i still don't know its meaning.
oh wait! i've heard some people said that she is jologs! so there's no need to figure out what jologs meant. ehehehe :lol

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jun 24th, '05, 04:11

Personally, I started to like Sandara Park... I'm not in the Philippines, so I'm not very updated with whatever is going with her... I heard that she's in Korea right now... I do understand that a lot of people do not like her... but considering that she's not a filipino and grew up in Korea... her tagalog is way way better than a lot of Filipino out there... I mean, what do you expect... of course her tagalog and english is all broken up.. but i saw her movie B Coz of You and I think she did a great job...(her character is a korean tourist.. so it work out fine)... I'm not saying that we should give her an acting award, but I think she's even better than some filipino actress out there... she can cry, act, and remember all those tagalog lines...that's pretty hard for a foreigner.... (i saw her Maalaala mo Kaya episodes.. it was good)....
I say good luck to her...there so many filipinos out there that loves her.... it means that they saw something special about her.... I give props for that... :D Good Job!!! 8)

Lynn Minmei

Post by Lynn Minmei » Jun 24th, '05, 04:24

Lil_Bubot wrote:Personally, I started to like Sandara Park... I'm not in the Philippines, so I'm not very updated with whatever is going with her... I heard that she's in Korea right now... I do understand that a lot of people do not like her... but considering that she's not a filipino and grew up in Korea... her tagalog is way way better than a lot of Filipino out there... I mean, what do you expect... of course her tagalog and english is all broken up.. but i saw her movie B Coz of You and I think she did a great job...(her character is a korean tourist.. so it work out fine)... I'm not saying that we should give her an acting award, but I think she's even better than some filipino actress out there... she can cry, act, and remember all those tagalog lines...that's pretty hard for a foreigner.... (i saw her Maalaala mo Kaya episodes.. it was good)....
I say good luck to her...there so many filipinos out there that loves her.... it means that they saw something special about her.... I give props for that... :D Good Job!!! 8)
i beg to disagree. you dont know anything about her acting. im even surprised that she won the star circle quest. Im not criticizing her tagalog or english proficiency but she should have at least talent. That's one bad thing about competitions nowadays. They give a lot of percentagefor those text votes thru cellphones. Its not a popularity contest but a talent contest.

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Jun 24th, '05, 15:08

I don't think I can see Sandara star among the likes of Song Hye Gyo and Ha Ji Won! :crazy: I watched the whole Star Circle Quest thing, and it was just popularity that carried her through the whole thing. Just look at the commercial for the final five- a potential 'leading lady' (Roxanne), comedy guy (Joross), 'leading man' and nice boy appeal (Hero), someone who could model well (Melissa), and what did they put for Sandara? 'Always the texter's choice'! :roll: Come on!

Kre

Post by Kre » Jun 24th, '05, 15:32

As long as Sandara is Korean.. I dont mind if she's a bad actress!!!!! :wub:

timbits

Post by timbits » Aug 23rd, '05, 05:16

I watched the movie "Can This Be Love" starring her and and that hero guy. Anyway, I noticed that when she speaks tagalog there's no korean accent and she speaks english like filipinos. :lol How long has she been in the Philippines?

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Aug 23rd, '05, 05:28

she speaks english like filipinos
I know, but at least I can understand her english way better than most of the regular korean actors. "Slowly...slowly..." :lol
I've seen "Can this be love" too(courtesy of the inday-tracker)
Okay, she can't act but I think Hero is covering for the both of them.
The plotline becomes cliched halfway through, but it's been so long since I've seen an entertaining filipino romantic comedy.
"Impooorrrteddd to eh!" Damn... Roderick Paulate never lost his touch :lol :lol
and the "sarang-hae" part...instead of it being romantic...I ended up laughing, coz I think it was spoken for about 4 times, and the way Hero pronounced it, sounded like he was in pain or something... ha ha ha...

timbits

Post by timbits » Aug 23rd, '05, 05:43

jaycee05 wrote:
and the "sarang-hae" part...instead of it being romantic...I ended up laughing, coz I think it was spoken for about 4 times, and the way Hero pronounced it, sounded like he was in pain or something... ha ha ha...
lol, Roderick was so funny getting pissed cause of the 3 cans of corn beef. I think a filipino guy should never say sarang-hae unless he has a deep voice. It didn't sound romantic at all. He should've stopped after saying it once. :lol

" anyong seyo! anyong seyo! Ewan ko sa yo! " :D

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Aug 23rd, '05, 10:25

I don't like Sandara. Come on, she can't act and sing. The popularity of Korean and Taiwanese shows became her ticket to fame in the Philippines. However, there's one thing that I like about her. I've read in a newspaper (Broadsheet) last year--- I think, that she wants to continue her study because she felt that her talents were limited and she wanted to develop her skills to improve as a person and maybe as an actress. :-)

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 23rd, '05, 18:21

timbits wrote:
jaycee05 wrote:
lol, Roderick was so funny getting pissed cause of the 3 cans of corn beef. I think a filipino guy should never say sarang-hae unless he has a deep voice. It didn't sound romantic at all. He should've stopped after saying it once. :lol

Hahahaha!!! So funny! I too just recently saw their new movie " Can This Be Love". I thought it was really sweet... Haven't seen a lot of Pinoy movies lately, it as some kilig factors... :D Oh yeah! about the cornbeef... hilarious!!! It reminded me of one of my Aunts when I went back for a visit!!!! :P
They said that she's in Korea right now... I saw her in the news, when she visit her Pinoy BF for few days.. She looks way way better.. rested, and more matured...
Since she's in Korea? Is she planning on doing working there??? I thought I saw her somewhere , where she was in a front cover of a Korean Magazine??

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Aug 23rd, '05, 18:51

Are you in or out? I start cracking up just thinking about it.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Aug 23rd, '05, 21:29

Lil_Bubot wrote:
timbits wrote:
jaycee05 wrote:

Hahahaha!!! So funny! I too just recently saw their new movie " Can This Be Love". I thought it was really sweet... Haven't seen a lot of Pinoy movies lately, it as some kilig factors... :D Oh yeah! about the cornbeef... hilarious!!! It reminded me of one of my Aunts when I went back for a visit!!!! :P
They said that she's in Korea right now... I saw her in the news, when she visit her Pinoy BF for few days.. She looks way way better.. rested, and more matured...
Since she's in Korea? Is she planning on doing working there??? I thought I saw her somewhere , where she was in a front cover of a Korean Magazine??
well, from what i heard a guy is training her to sing. but in Korea she has alot of HATERS. she already has SANDARA HATERS in Korea.people were saying she was the next BoA...but Korea don't think so. so i don't know if she's still planning on working there.

asil

Post by asil » Aug 23rd, '05, 22:18

i've heard a lot of people say she looks like eugene

Carn

Post by Carn » Sep 10th, '05, 21:41

I didn't think that Hero was that bad, but my god, Sandara had so few facial expressions!! >_o;; They could have acted the scenes with Hero and a cardboard cut out of Sandara's expressionless face. O_o

The corned beef was one of the only redeeming parts of the movie.

That, and hearing "sugar mommy haponesa" (or however you spell it, I don't know Tagalog) ^_^;;

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Oct 29th, '05, 11:21

I Like her before becoz i got carried away wid their Hero- Sandara tandem. they luk so cute and sweet. but now, it^s juz a so- so. it^s hard to elaborate but u juz have to search for the current news abt her. it^s becoming a real turn off.

sasayins

Post by sasayins » Oct 30th, '05, 10:34

the important is many people is entertain by her cute face and funny gestures. :D many yahoo groups for sandara are popping out today, like this, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WeLoveSandara/

kwuintessence

Post by kwuintessence » Sep 17th, '07, 09:44

ooh. i find her really cute & pretty, she's also very funny & friendly.

it's also wonderful that even though she is korean, she can speak tagalog (a foreign language to her) very well.

as for acting, singing, dancing, etc.
as long as she has the passion & drive for it, i'm sure that she can make it.
many people excel with hard work & determination.

i heard she is at Korea right now under YG family.

i wish her the best of luck in her career.

i hope i didn't offend anyone :)
each & everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and we all have a choice.

Last edited by kwuintessence on Sep 18th, '07, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.

kwuintessence

Post by kwuintessence » Sep 17th, '07, 21:46

these pix are posted by koreana1112 (that's Sandy alright :) ) at her PEX thread.isn't she just so lovely :DImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raimaru

Post by Raimaru » Sep 18th, '07, 21:28

Well, she's gotten prettier from the last time I saw her, but in all honesty, I do not think much of her.

I felt like the only reason she came close to winning that competition was because of her korean background. She had no special talent in singing, dancing, or acting, from what I witnessed from her tv appearances. Not even when acting as herself. I also feel that she underhandedly used her family as a way of getting attention. They way they struggled, then when her popularity was fading, a story of how her father left them.

But really, that's just my own opinion, and seeing as how she is famous (for whatever she may be famous for) and I get to be poor, it must not really matter.

I do give props to her for knowing how to speak tagalog, since I am filipino, and I cannot. If she's trying harder to become better, or attempting to enter herself into the korean market, well goodluck to her.

(She shouldn't frown in her pictures, she looks so much better smiling than she does looking angry at the camera.)

kwuintessence

Post by kwuintessence » Oct 1st, '07, 07:25

andie

Post by andie » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:08

i also liked her before.. i find her funny..

really? she's with YG family? wow, i wish her good luck with her career..

i do hope to see her in some series.. and hopefully, she'll have better acting then..

kwuintessence

Post by kwuintessence » Aug 6th, '08, 17:18

hey guys!!

i just want to invite you to join "Sandara Park International Online"

it's a forum created for all Sandara fanatics worldwide.

here is the link to it: http://sandara-park.forumotion.com/index.htm

please click the link to redirect to the forum.

thank you so much and we hope to see you there :]

kwuintessence

Post by kwuintessence » Sep 15th, '08, 18:42

"Sandara Park "wallpaper

made in about 15 minutes.

no brushes, just textures.

someone has requested this Sandy wallpaper from me.
unfortunately, i can't remember who, hopefully she likes it :]

feel free to use it guys :lol!:

konaxis

Post by konaxis » Sep 28th, '08, 17:58

she is out of the business now?

kwuintessence

Post by kwuintessence » Oct 17th, '08, 21:02

@ konaxis: she's debuting in korea next year (February 2009)
she's under YG entertainment (Big Bang, Se7en, etc)
she'll be with Park Bom, Min Ji and CL :]