Hair wax VS Mousse VS Gel (Please read first post)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

What Hair product is better to use?

Hair Wax
37%
Mousse
21%
Gel
21%
Gel
21%

Total votes: 119

Tekuza

Hair wax VS Mousse VS Gel (Please read first post)

Post by Tekuza » Jan 28th, '05, 09:10

Hi guys me and some frenz were drinking couple days ago and i just remembered our debate about hair styling me & my gf agree that Mousse is the best styling one. BTW this is for hair styles like Cloud & Titus 8) (Final Fantasy) or Bi (Sang Doo) i just think it's easier too style wif Mousse. I know every asian guy like me when through heaps of hair phase or still are still remember back in High School colouring hair Full Blonde when no one asians done it yet. So hopefully get ppls opinion or comments about this. And i've submitted a vote also girls that have boyfriends like me pretty vain about hair style :lol jkz please give some input as well.

Hope to hear from heaps of ppl i hope :P

Plz if you oppose Mousse someone please add why :lol
Last edited by Tekuza on Jan 29th, '05, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 28th, '05, 09:15

mousse~ :lol because it's not sticky...and not stiff...and it holds very well. and i don't flake from mousse.

very interesting debate you were having there. :lol

and nice signature...i'm a big P.O.T. fan!!!!!!! Fuji-senpai, aiishiteru~ :wub: "Tsubame Gaeshi" :-)

Carn

Post by Carn » Jan 28th, '05, 09:23

What is hair wax? ^_^

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 28th, '05, 09:30

Carn wrote:What is hair wax? ^_^
hmms...wells, i've only used one type of hair wax before and it was Nolita whipped wax. it's creamy white that feels like lotion and you slick it on your hair.

but i don't use it much so my twin uses it instead since i prefer mousse.

but by reading the back of the bottle, this is what Nolita whipped wax is:

"Nolita whipped wax: lightweight texture, big city shine.
Never a dull moment.
This lightweight, whipped cream wax forms, separates and defines, while providing flexible hold.
Adds traffic-stopping texture and fierce shine - minus the grease.
No limits. No boundaries. Nolita.
"

hmms....i didn't like using because it's like i always have that feeling that my hair isn't clean and that i need to wash it every second. :glare:

Carn

Post by Carn » Jan 28th, '05, 09:32

It sounds delicious! :lol I only chose hair gel because that's the only one people I know use.. XD Hahaha..

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jan 28th, '05, 09:49

Well, I'm a girl and I have fine hair, and it's pretty long (more than halfway down my back). I like mousse. I'm in LOVE with Garnier Fructis Ultra Strong Mousse. I put it on every time I get out of the shower, no matter whether I leave it down or style it. It's not sticky or stiff, but it makes my hair behave and not fall so flat. Oh the perils of straight fine hair :cry:

But if I'm pulling it in a ponytail and I have some time, I'll use an eensy bit of hairwax if the weather might make it not cooperate with me, to keep pieces from slipping out and to make it look smoother and neater. I like Bedhead Molding Wax. It's a mint green color in a small tub. I prefer that when not using hairspray. I never use hairwax unless I'm pulling my hair back. There's a better kind that's sort of on a stick and looks like clear deodorant, but it's expensive salon crap. I don't use it often enough to spend the money.

I'm not anti-hairspray if I want something to stick hardcore, but I don't really use it often. If I use it I'll use Garnier Fructis Strong Hold.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Jan 28th, '05, 12:41

Hair styling paste is the only way to go.. Gel = only good with a hair brush. Same with moose, and I've never tried wax.
Paste is great if you style your hair with your hand. Makes for crazy ass designs.
Rusk 1Wild Paste is the only styling product I use on my hair.. They're around $20.00 CDN at my salon, and should last around 3 weeks worth of styling.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 28th, '05, 13:21

LOL... this thread is too funny....

Just make sure you folks don't get too close to cigs or candles, lest your hair ignites in flame! :P

Michael Jackson had that happen to him during a Pepsi commerical a while back I believe. :lol

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jan 28th, '05, 13:40

BT-Slut wrote:LOL... this thread is too funny....

Just make sure you folks don't get too close to cigs or candles, lest your hair ignites in flame! :P

Michael Jackson had that happen to him during a Pepsi commerical a while back I believe. :lol
Puhahaha! :lol That was sadly my favorite part of the Jacksons movie that they show on VH1 like once a year.

Nope, I never ignited my hair from candles or cigs :P

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Jan 28th, '05, 14:14

Hair wax is what the Korean celebrities use. I use it to style my hair ;)

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 28th, '05, 14:48

eww, I would never put any of this in my precious hair.
I'm all for natural style.
where is the 4th poll option? :lol

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jan 28th, '05, 15:02

i agree with moerkj~ lol i dont use anything to style my hair except maybe water lol :lol

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 28th, '05, 15:05

babyguh wrote:i agree with moerkj~ lol i dont use anything to style my hair except maybe water lol :lol
Why bother with water when you have spit? :D

In the old days, they'd use a bit of good ole spit from the mouth to style hair... They don't do that in Korea Touya? :lol

babyguh

Post by babyguh » Jan 28th, '05, 15:08

BT-Slut wrote:
babyguh wrote:i agree with moerkj~ lol i dont use anything to style my hair except maybe water lol :lol

In the old days, they'd use a bit of good ole spit from the mouth to style hair... They don't do that in Korea Touya? :lol
eww bt~ thats not what i had in mind at all~ lol :D

/me kicks bt

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 28th, '05, 15:12

babyguh wrote: eww bt~ thats not what i had in mind at all~ lol :D

/me kicks bt
Alright... alright... admittedly, I think it was mostly guys who did that, not gals. :roll

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 28th, '05, 15:17

BT-Slut wrote:

To funny... just a brief flash of odd pictures and old magazine clips when I read that.

Personally I would never use any of the three above as I'm allergic to most strange gunk used for this purpose. Besides, if my hair gets to long, there's always clippers and razorblades :D

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Jan 28th, '05, 16:17

techie wrote:
BT-Slut wrote:

To funny... just a brief flash of odd pictures and old magazine clips when I read that.

Personally I would never use any of the three above as I'm allergic to most strange gunk used for this purpose. Besides, if my hair gets to long, there's always clippers and razorblades :D
Eww yes spit that's just sick you might as well just spit on yourself, hahhahahaha. Well I am talking about styling your hair when it's short not long and the responses here so far are funny and yep im still a mousse person coz you can do those crazy final fantasy hair styles :P Well looks like only 8 ppl have submitted their votes :lol

guardianx

Post by guardianx » Jan 28th, '05, 18:00

omg i know so much about hair u wouldnt believe it ......... the best hair stuffs to use is paul mitchell sulpting lotion.... that is hands down the best stuffs for its price..

*fixes hair * and walk away

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Jan 28th, '05, 18:11

Well, I usually style my hair with a hairdryer and then spray it with hair spray... heyy.... there's no option for a hair spray in the poll :unsure:

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Jan 28th, '05, 18:18

A huge majority of the time I use Gel (Nexxus) however there was a period when my hair was really long ass and I use to style it with pomade, any one else use pomade?

TheBombastic1

Post by TheBombastic1 » Jan 28th, '05, 18:33

Isn't pomade just fancy grease?

Gel flakes.

And I'm not waxing my hair - my hair is not a car finish that needs to be waxed.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 28th, '05, 18:39

TheBombastic1 wrote:Isn't pomade just fancy grease?

Gel flakes.

And I'm not waxing my hair - my hair is not a car finish that needs to be waxed.

If you have no hair then you can wax a lot :D
(wonders if Shaolin's apples come waxed or polished :lol ) <- ok kick me...
Last edited by techie on Jan 28th, '05, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

aznxshinobi

Post by aznxshinobi » Jan 28th, '05, 18:40

I'm bald so I try to use a combination of all three and a hair dryer to get it to stand :D :D :D . Seriously though I'm monk bald (the hair stumps are there) its the best kind of hair style. Like MoerkJ said wheres the 4th option: au'natural (is that right?)

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Jan 28th, '05, 19:33

well I had to start using Gel cus I used to have curley hair then I shaved my head bald during the summer and now my hair is like all straight but on fire..its like touching a static ball and looks like I have spikes on my head, and that's without any gel, so have to use Gel to keep in down..lol

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 29th, '05, 01:25

techie wrote: If you have no hair then you can wax a lot :D
:lol :lol :lol

gel is sticky and disgusting... especially if u share a bathroom with a brother, hair gunk everywhere :scratch: good thing, he shaved it...now, i wouldnt have to worry of him stealing my precious hair products..as if :roll

pomade?hair wax? haha...the only people I know who use those are my grandpa and some of my great-uncles 8)

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Jan 29th, '05, 01:57

aznxshinobi wrote:I'm bald so I try to use a combination of all three and a hair dryer to get it to stand :D :D :D . Seriously though I'm monk bald (the hair stumps are there) its the best kind of hair style. Like MoerkJ said wheres the 4th option: au'natural (is that right?)
Yea it's too late to add that 4th or 5th option on the board now too late :P but gel is stick don't like it really mousse is shape and all wax make your hair look natural that it doesn't look like gel is on it. :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 29th, '05, 02:06

back in college, i'd usually use gel when going out. mousse was alright as well, but it didn't seem as strong as gel. in any case, nowadays, i'll use it only on very rare occassions. i'm just happy i still have hair. :lol

midnightblue

Post by midnightblue » Jan 29th, '05, 02:08

I only use Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz Serum myself. For real solid fixation though one can try soap, egg white or gelatin :P

I do use hair wax but only to make my shoes water resistant, no way I'm gonna put that in my hair :D

I think that mousse is definitely preferable over cheap gel but there are some good gels that don't flake.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jan 29th, '05, 04:01

hmm alot of interesting info..
I use Dep hairgel because it smells nice.
never tried mousse because it looks too foamy :P

baboisjjang

Post by baboisjjang » Jan 29th, '05, 04:46

for me i personally use gel or hair wax. hair wax gives your hair a greasy feeling but its basically the only styling product that wont curl your hair if you already have curly hair. and it looks pretty natural.

all my stylists say that mousse is bad for your scalp. so i quit using it.

my hair is still curly though. and i have a lot of it. and its thick. thats like the worst combo ever. it gives that, i just came back from surfing all day look.

im forever in search of something that holds like cement. cuz i want straight spikes but my hair always curls and falls down, even when i use gel. if you guys know of anything thats really hardcore please tell me :).

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jan 29th, '05, 05:01

Dep hairgel has 5 different strength (4-11). I think 11 is pretty harcore. I have curling hair too when I grow it long, and it works for me.

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Jan 29th, '05, 06:46

i am not going to read any of the posts above.

But I will say

Gel? The wet look went out in the 90s. And nobody should have hair that looks like a spikey/slicked fiber glass helmet. I don't mean to offend.. but really.

Mousse.... um. Crunchy hair? Even in milk? It's also very damaging to your scalp. Can we say "Dandruff"?

Hair Wax!!! It's the best thing since sliced bread. You have a natural looking hold and your hair can go from blah to WOO in a matter of seconds. Even so, it is oh so tricky. Not everyone knows which hair wax/pomade that works for them because there are so many different consistencies/ingredients for all different hair types. Suggestion? Go to some upscale salon, front the money for a style and ask them what hair wax for your needs would best suit. Sure, you're gonna shell out anywhere from 15-25 dollars for a single jar, but you're gonna make everyone break their necks doing doubletakes on your Do. I'd say it's worth it to be vanity's darling.

**edit**
i guess it pays to read before you post. *sigh*
anyway, i still stick with my guns. Hair wax makes a better titus and cloud look anyway.

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » Jan 30th, '05, 22:27

NatNat wrote:\
Hair Wax!!! It's the best thing since sliced bread. You have a natural looking hold and your hair can go from blah to WOO in a matter of seconds. Even so, it is oh so tricky. Not everyone knows which hair wax/pomade that works for them because there are so many different consistencies/ingredients for all different hair types. Suggestion? Go to some upscale salon, front the money for a style and ask them what hair wax for your needs would best suit. Sure, you're gonna shell out anywhere from 15-25 dollars for a single jar, but you're gonna make everyone break their necks doing doubletakes on your Do. I'd say it's worth it to be vanity's darling.
:nuts: Hmm... I'm a bit confused.... What happened to the pinko-commie-armpit-hair-hate-all-men-uber-**** NatNat in the other thread?

This one here sounds like spend-lots-of-money-in-beauty-parlors-to-impress-the-guys-barbie.

/me scratches head... :unsure:

Carn

Post by Carn » Jan 30th, '05, 22:30

No, it sounds like people hitting their heads on NatNat's wonderful head of hair and breaking their necks.. XD That's superliberated armpithair feminist NatNat!! :lol

Also, maybe she is talking about her armpits.. :crazy:

aziatik

hmmm...

Post by aziatik » Feb 3rd, '05, 03:23

I've used All and i think the Best is Wax, Gel is 80's Mousse Not Strong Enough for me. The One i use is Paul Mitchell's Wax Works. Not Gressy, Real easy to style. And Washes out in one Shampoo!!

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 3rd, '05, 23:52

BT-Slut wrote: :nuts: Hmm... I'm a bit confused.... What happened to the pinko-commie-armpit-hair-hate-all-men-uber-**** NatNat in the other thread?

This one here sounds like spend-lots-of-money-in-beauty-parlors-to-impress-the-guys-barbie.

/me scratches head... :unsure:
Man, I'm complex. Can't I be a multi-faceted human being? SHEEEEEEEEEESH.
ps
I can be a man-hating pinko-commie armpit hair havin **** with Awesome Hair and Clothes. It's true!
pps
i actually shave my pits

lilanglv

Post by lilanglv » Feb 4th, '05, 00:00

i'm all into the natural look (i.e. ponytail), but when I actually want my hair to stay in place I use pomade. i've tried gel, hairspray, mousse---but i'd rather stick to pomade cuz of the look it gives me. now, my bf, he uses gel to his heart's content. he actually uses more hair styling products than I do. that's kinda sad....

Vatima Corlati

Post by Vatima Corlati » Feb 15th, '05, 16:29

NatNat wrote:Gel? The wet look went out in the 90s. And nobody should have hair that looks like a spikey/slicked fiber glass helmet. I don't mean to offend.. but really.
*sniff*....*sniff*...aww NatNat...now you made me feel bad. ...lol :lol

I never tried any other hairstyling products besides gel. I tried making different styling
variations with my hair but the spiky look(well, not that spiky really...only on the top
sides. :P) seems to be the only one that actually looks decent on me. Without it, my
hair looks like a big fro'. :lol

My only problem with though is that usually during the first 6 hours, it holds up fine,
but any later than that, it looked like it fell down a bit. This may be a newbie
question, but is this common? Or am I just not using the right gel? I work 11 hours a
day, and without trying to sound conceided, being a waiter in a luxury restaurant
demands us to look sharp everytime, and I dont look and feel that way nearing the
end of my shift. :-(

kaosrave

Post by kaosrave » Feb 15th, '05, 16:32

im telling you gus its all about the hair wax, get something called "Murrays Hair Pomade" its nto really pomade buit its the BEST its meant for black people but its works perfect on normal hair its amazing.

aziatik

Post by aziatik » Feb 15th, '05, 17:28

Vatima Corlati wrote:
NatNat wrote:Gel? The wet look went out in the 90s. And nobody should have hair that looks like a spikey/slicked fiber glass helmet. I don't mean to offend.. but really.

My only problem with though is that usually during the first 6 hours, it holds up fine,
but any later than that, it looked like it fell down a bit. This may be a newbie
question, but is this common? Or am I just not using the right gel? I work 11 hours a
day, and without trying to sound conceided, being a waiter in a luxury restaurant
demands us to look sharp everytime, and I dont look and feel that way nearing the
end of my shift. :-(
No gel or ne water base product will do that. your own body heat mixed with sweat will make ur spikey masterpiece drop. Especially in a working enviroment. Best advice i could give is glue, no not elmers. it's sticky so u can touch it up during the course of ur shift or like i said b4 wax. If nething just try other products. best way to find out!!

Camui

Post by Camui » Feb 15th, '05, 18:20

Mousse all the way. I use Pantine Pro V - Body Builder Volumizing Mousse. I'm able to style my hair anyway I want with it. It gives me the control I need and the look I want. My hair feels clean when I use it. That's something very important. With other products I always feel like I need to wash my hair as soon as I apply them. Mousse is definently my fav. :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 16th, '05, 03:51

Vatima: maybe you should just 're-apply' on your break.

Dodbos

Post by Dodbos » Feb 16th, '05, 04:03

i used hair wax, but now i use lotion. it's convenient. i think one day i ran out of hair wax and there was lotion so i decided to run it through my hair. It doesnt have the strongest hold, but it does the job. plus you can never run out of lotion, someone always has some

aziatik

Post by aziatik » Feb 16th, '05, 17:12

Dodbos wrote:i used hair wax, but now i use lotion. it's convenient. i think one day i ran out of hair wax and there was lotion so i decided to run it through my hair. It doesnt have the strongest hold, but it does the job. plus you can never run out of lotion, someone always has some
WOW!! thats the first time i ever heard ne one use lotion other then for the usual purposes! =)

Camui

Post by Camui » Feb 16th, '05, 19:45

That's a first for me too...... :lol

Putting loition in one's hair...what kind did you use? :O

babyboi

Post by babyboi » Feb 16th, '05, 19:50

I use hair wax when my hair is short. I can achieve the messy look with it.

I use mousse or gel when my hair starts to get longer. The hold my hair better when it's longer. I use gel to spike it up and mousse when I feel like leaving my hair down.

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Feb 17th, '05, 12:19

i use wax and then the hair dryer .......

Vatima Corlati

Post by Vatima Corlati » Feb 17th, '05, 14:17

aziatik: Thanks for the info. Makes perfect sense. I never would have thought that
was the possible reason. ^_^
jholic wrote:Vatima: maybe you should just 're-apply' on your break.
Thats the thing. My break happens after the first 5 hours and it holds down during the last
few hours, so either way, it'll go down. If anything, I'm only reinforcing it for another 2-3
hours. But then again, that's not such a bad idea.

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 21st, '05, 17:31

im a girl .. and i use mouse..

iodesuwa

Post by iodesuwa » Jun 21st, '05, 18:28

geraid hair wax here

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jun 21st, '05, 18:52

aziatik wrote:
Dodbos wrote:i used hair wax, but now i use lotion. it's convenient. i think one day i ran out of hair wax and there was lotion so i decided to run it through my hair. It doesnt have the strongest hold, but it does the job. plus you can never run out of lotion, someone always has some
WOW!! thats the first time i ever heard ne one use lotion other then for the usual purposes! =)
yep, lotion works, so does facial moisturizer :P if you have a layered cut if defines pretty well and never feels sticky, but of course, it doesn't have maximum hold :D
usually, it's hair wax for me, but lotion will do in a pinch.

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 21st, '05, 23:15

^ yupz.... i use lotion.... sumtimes too..... wen i run out of... mouse....

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:44

what mousse do you people use that doesn't flake?!??!???!

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Aug 19th, '05, 00:32

it'l be a miracle for me to brush my hair, luckily ppl think i deliberately go for the outa bed look, i just use water to matt it down and run my fingers thru it.

most my guy friends dnt allow me or anyone else even their gf to touch their hair...guys can be sooooo vain ^^' but they all use wax or fibre putty.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Aug 19th, '05, 00:48

I use to use mousse, but then when i got my "asian" hair cut :D and got it straightened, i just need to comb it, and sometimes with a dash of Biosilk. But styling-wise i would think mousse is better, it doesnt flake and its easier to handle.

thatkidpercy

Post by thatkidpercy » Aug 19th, '05, 00:58

this is the best stuff ever. it even smells like watermelon, so you know it's good..

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 19th, '05, 08:12

I've tried all the above, including variations. Didn't you miss hair spray and hard wax in the poll? They are different you know.

I think some are a bit annoying because they flake if it rains or just general day-to-day use, so you unless you happen to have time to wash your hair day and night, you end up with tiny bits! I find this is not the case with wax and gel though. Mousse is kinda funny.. it really does rock solidfy your hair :) Ofcourse when you got hair as thick as mine, NOthhing works all that effectively.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 19th, '05, 09:23

nezumi wrote:it'l be a miracle for me to brush my hair, luckily ppl think i deliberately go for the outa bed look, i just use water to matt it down and run my fingers thru it.
pretty funny. i have not used a comb or brush since i was in high school. i don't have enough hair left to warrant it. :lol

i just cut my hair very short. anyone can run their fingers through my hair - if they can find it first!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 19th, '05, 18:07

jholic wrote:
nezumi wrote:it'l be a miracle for me to brush my hair, luckily ppl think i deliberately go for the outa bed look, i just use water to matt it down and run my fingers thru it.
pretty funny. i have not used a comb or brush since i was in high school. i don't have enough hair left to warrant it. :lol

i just cut my hair very short. anyone can run their fingers through my hair - if they can find it first!
ohhhh a buzz cut. *rubs jholic's head.

Being black is worse when it comes to hair. Jholic, the troll hair style, i didn't need anything in my hair. :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 19:05

I don't use any and I'm reading along the thread to find what suited best for a handsome hair style :P

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Dec 11th, '05, 03:35

When I have short hair i use either mud or clay (haha not real mud :lol

At the moment i've grown my hair so i dont do anything with it, just use decent shampoo

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Dec 11th, '05, 08:50

Mousse. I use it now and I think it's better than Gel. Mousse makes hair soft not harsh like Gel. Besides, I never use hair wax before so I don't have a reason for this.

Ohsu

Styling Your Hair...

Post by Ohsu » Mar 7th, '06, 07:11

Hm...this has probably been made like 348313847198902 times...

But who here uses Gatsby Hair Wax/Clay? I'm trying to learn how to do those nice/cool hair styles that the drama actors have...I mean I have a style right now but I'm sure there are better ones...

I've been using Clay, which I heard was better than Wax...there are people who say Wax is better and easier to style...so I'd like to try out the Wax for once...I have Gatsby Volume-Up and Hard & Keep. Problem is I don't really know how to use it correctly...

Should my hair be damp? Towel dried? Blowdryed first?

Do I apply it the same way like clay? (guy who cuts my hair says you blowdry your hair a certain way first, then put some clay on your hands, not too much, rub it together and apply it like you'd apply shampoo on your hair in the shower [both palms in circular motions to the places you want, I'm sure you guys know what I mean])

Hell, I'm not even sure if I'm using the clay right...I've went to many different hair salons/places and they've told me very different things.

The guy right now says the explaination above, but before, I went to a japanese hair stylist and he said you apply the clay TWICE. The way he explained it was you towel dry your hair, put some clay on, then blow dry it. Then you apply it again and style. Unforunately that explaination wasn't enough and I couldn't even style my hair the way he did =\

Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 10th, '06, 05:32

merged for Ohsu....

Ohsu

Post by Ohsu » Mar 10th, '06, 06:42

Thanks!

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 10th, '06, 08:09

Dapper Dan Pomade!

yusufborne

Post by yusufborne » Mar 11th, '06, 02:57

i use gel, cause i have short hair

when i dont i just put on some leave-in conditioner

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Mar 11th, '06, 21:31

I'm all about gel. I like using this Canadian brand called Quantum the best. It comes in a large container for ~$20 CAD, and it lasts me almost a year.

But, on occasion, (i.e. for a matte, textured look) I use a pomade, or a styling paste, but they're a bit sticky and take a bit of time to wash out.

Never been a fan of mousse... I have short, fine, slightly curly hair, so that's why mousse just doesn't cut it for me.

jonnyboi

Post by jonnyboi » Dec 5th, '06, 04:58

what type of mousse do u use tekuza? and where can u get it? I'm in Edmonton, alberta, canada...most of the shops here sell shitty ass garnier wax which IS THE WORST HAIR PRODUCT EVER CREATED.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Dec 6th, '06, 15:01

final fantasy hair = gel/hairspray + blowdryer
bi rain = hair wax

SeX1eStAsaBa

Post by SeX1eStAsaBa » Dec 7th, '06, 17:03

I use clay for only days when I go out. I don't do that much anymore. I usually use lotion and put a beanie on. I really do dislike that dirty feel whenever I put clay in my hair. Well, I've just recently heard about a "Natural Herbal Hairspray" from a guy in Paris. I'm just not sure which one to buy.

Chakl

Post by Chakl » Dec 7th, '06, 17:17

I like Hair wax best, then gel.
Mousse is not my things cause it dry off so quickly.

PJB

Post by PJB » Dec 7th, '06, 17:28

Theres different types of wax at my local store... hard wax.. soft wax.. super hold wax... argh.. so confusing, dunno what's really best, and it takes so long to warm up in your hands and put on - I just use hair spray 90% of the time and style with my hands, done in 30 seconds.

Arowana

Post by Arowana » Dec 10th, '06, 14:34

noooobs...

Strawberry flavoured Clay
is da way

2go

fearspooky

Post by fearspooky » Dec 16th, '06, 12:03

gatsby hair wax for style
hairspray for hold