RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 16th, '05, 18:15

^It's okay to post spoilers as long as u do it right, either use yellow fonts or
use this format {quote="Spoilers"}{color=white}TYPE SPOILERS HERE{/color}{/quote}
**change "{" to "["
--edit--
Last edited by jaycee05 on Jul 17th, '05, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.

sunsx_xiang

Post by sunsx_xiang » Jul 16th, '05, 18:31

Thanx. You know.. I think I messed it up with Springtime, a series starring Jang Dong Gun, Kim Hyun Joo, and Hwang Su Jung. The names are so confusing. :|
Info: http://www.walawala.net/kor064.html

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 16th, '05, 20:28

^^^ReallY??????????
:lol :lol :lol
oHHHHHHHHH mannnn, u've got me in a rollercoaster-mood-change today.

so no cancer in Spring days?
That's a relief, coz it's a very heartwarming drama even with some classic commandments strewn around.
Thank you very much for the correction :lol
I can continue watching with no worries then.
sunsx_xiang wrote:Info: http://www.walawala.net/kor064.html
I bought a kdrama DVD from walawala.net, Malaysian released and engrish subs to the max, but I guess ur chinese/malaysian coz they usually have chinese subs along with the malay.

evildevil

Post by evildevil » Jul 17th, '05, 05:02

I just finished Save the Last dance for me. I think its one of the best K-drama I've ever seen. The story is really addicted and the cast is perfect. Must see Must see.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 17th, '05, 20:34

My favorites:
1. Hello, My Teacher
2. Full House
3. Spring Day

my_valentine

Post by my_valentine » Jul 18th, '05, 03:58

my all time favourite "ALL ABOUT EVE"....I'm strongly reccommended to anyone that is new to watching korean movie....eventhough this serie is a little old but it is the best....Other series like Attic Cat or Sweet 18 will make your day...

freshy

Korean dramas

Post by freshy » Jul 18th, '05, 07:50

First of all, I want to Thanks every comments and recommendations for the dramas and movies! I found them very very helpful! I haven't watched that many dramas yet but I'm becoming a big fan of the korean dramas...personally, I don't like sad dramas that much cause when I feel really into the dramas, my mood gets worse :P so I prefer more of the romantic comedy with happy endings :D

My recommendation for the korean dramas so far are:

Full House - My most favorite drama so far...really funny and cute throughout the story, I can watch it again and again! Personally, I even love Song Hye Kyo's character in this drama much more than in Autumn's Tale....oh, and both her and Bi dance "Three Bear Song" really cute!

Sangdoo, let's go to school - so agree with the first comment from jaycee05, I didn't like GHJ at first but she does grew on me

At first I though Rain wasn't cute at all....but after I watched his dramas, he becomes more charming and adorable, especially when he smiles! And his acting talent is really as good as his singing talent...no wonder he becomes so popular... :-)

If anyone has more recommendations for me, please do so! I'm begining to watch "Love story in Harvard" and "I'm sorry but I love you," the latter one I heard from my korean friend that it's a MUST WATCH!!

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Jul 18th, '05, 10:44

Full House: This was my first ever K-drama (thanks to my friend dropping it on me like a bomb) and has been and will always be my favorite drama b/c of the special place it has in my heart for introducing to the drama world. It's unbelievably hilarious sprinkled with bits and pieces of seriousness. The chemistry between Bi and Song Hye Kyo is just spectacular not to mention that both are great at acting. Also you'll have a hard time choosing between Kim Sung Soo and Bi. It tends to be a teensy bit draggy towards the end and the finale wasn't quite the amount of closure I wanted, but it's satisfactory. Overall you'll be quite pleased and will be forever singing "Three Bear" and shouting "Aja aja fighting!" Theed rates it: ^_^

Hotelier: This is a serious, but not a dark drama. The first episode is kind of confusing since it brings you into the confusing world of working in a Hotel, but later on things get more organized and interesting. Song Hye Kyo is in this one and although she is a great actress, I just don't think this role was for her. Bae Yong Joon is in this too and I really didn't like his character. Because of this and BYJ's overall overratedness, I've been turned off on watching anymore of his dramas, but don't let that stop you. The first half of this series is pretty good and interesting, but towards the end it kinda loses balance and the last episode was terrible and had no closure for the love triangle SHK was in. Theed rates it: -_-;

Sweet18: One of my other favorite dramas. It's so hilarious and Han Ji Hye and Lee Dong Gun were made for each other. I don't I'd ever accept each of them paired up with someone else, they're just so great together. I really liked this because of the funny and heartwarming moments between the two and also b/c it was my first taste of what traditional Korean families may be like (can't always trust TV representations y'know). The psycho girl in this drama is also great to love b/c unlike some other psycho crazies in other dramas where there's some level of normality to them, Moon Ga Young is just pure crazy. The only downpart to this drama was that it had one or two side things that don't really need to be added in and the soundtrack isn't as good as Full House's or MiSa. Theed rates it: ^-^V

Delightful Girl Choon-hyang: This is one of the top dramas in my list of favorite dramas. It's so funny, but it does not lose at all in the serious department when it needs to be. You'll love Jae Hee in his role of Mong-ryong and Han Chae Young is just brilliant as Choon-hyang. I just loved their story and you just can't help yourself from watching one episode after another. My favorite part of this drama is the Chosun Dynasty parodies at the end of every episode. They also parody a lot of KBS's popular dramas in episode 15 so look out for that! Definitely a must see. Theed rates it: V(^_^)V

Bright Girl's Success Story: Initially when I first started watching this show I was quite hooked and couldn't wait to find out what happens next. But upon reflection I don't think this was such a great drama. I didn't really like the way the lead actor (sorry, don't know his name) portrayed his character, and while I found Jang Nara's character to be endearing, she wasn't that interesting to me. The things I wanted to happen after episode 4 didn't happen and was dragged out all the way to the last episode (where I still didn't quite get a sense of closure) and I think that was what turned me off of this series after I finished watching it. With that said it's not a _terrible_ drama as I have said that I was quite hooked on it while I was watching it, just don't expect to walk away from it perfectly satisfied. Theed rates it: : =/

I'm Sorry I Love You (MiSa): This is such a tear jerker. I only watched it once and I don't think I could ever watch it again. I'm not one for depressing movies or shows as I'm easily affected by really really emotional scenes and overall stories, so it'd be suicide for me to watch it again. After watching the final episode, I was an emotional zombie for about a week and couldn't sleep the night I watched it since I did not see that ending coming. That just goes to show how well made this drama is. The first episode has the feel of an independent movie to me. The cinematography is great as well as the music for the show. The acting of So Ji Sub and Im Soo Jung will capture your heart as they tell you the sad story of this drama. Although I never cry for anything, I was tearing up inside. I say watch it if you love tear jerkers and can handle the emotional stress this drama will bring upon you. Theed rates it: ;_;

Series I havent finished yet

1% of Anything (ep18): This is a pretty good drama. It's sort of a funny drama, but not as humorous or as good as say Choon-hyang or Full House is. It's one of those girl hates guy, guy hates girl then both fall in love kind of story lines, but that doesn't mean that you grow to love the characters. There's also the usually parents against the relationship thing and the usual third wheel trying to get b/n the two lovers. This drama tends to get into subplots of other characters instead of focusing on the main couple later on which makes this drama drag. It's not the greatest drama, but it's still nice and great if you just need something lighthearted to watch if you're bored. Theed rates it: =)

Thousand Years of Love (ep16): I started watching this drama b/c So Ji Sub was in it and I wanted to see him in a less depressing role than what he had in MiSa and also b/c the story line seemed interesting. However, as I watched the show, I soon got tired of Sung Yuri and her portrayal of the princess and the back and forth nature of problems the characters face. None of the characters seem to be endearing to me and are actually somewhat boring. Although this doesn't really add anything, but I really didn't like SJS's hair in this show at all (it's a mullet). The guy who played opposite of SJS was eye candy, but it really isn't enough to make up for his character. Only watch this if you really need an SJS fix, but look for his other dramas first before this one (although I have not yet seen any yet, but they can't be worse than this). Theed rates it: -_-;;;;

18vs29 (ep3) : This is a cute drama. You really love the lead character, Yoo Hye-chan, in this as she struggles to come to terms of thinking she's 18 when she's really 29 after getting amnesia. She gets into a love triangle b/n her husband (who she was going to divorce before she got amnesia) and a high schooler she meets at her old school beofre she realized she had amnesia. You get to see that love has no real boundaries for age. The flashbacks are really cute and it made me like the lead pairing even more. Alhtough I didn't see all of the show with subs, I did watch all the raws and from watching it like that I got an overall sense that this show is pretty good but not 5 stars good. The love rival for Yoo Hye-chan isn't really a rival to me b/c I got the sense she wasn't really butting in, but of course I could be wrong since I don't really know what they've been saying it. Theed's current rating: =)

Wonderful Life (ep13): This is a good but not great drama. I can't really pick out what it is that makes it subpar, but I still love watching it and I definitely wouldn't say that other people wouldn't love this show. Eugene and Kim Jae Won work really well together, and who couldn't love them as the parents of that cute little girl? Shin-bi is just so pinch-cheeks adorable that you'd probably end up watching the show for her if you really didn't like it that much in the first place. Although the story isn't that original I wouldn't say it was cliche either. Just watch it and see for yourself. Theed's current rating: =)

Stained Glass (ep6): This is a slow serious drama with its share of emotional moments. Right now I haven't seen enough of this show to say if it's going to turn out to be really really good or just ok. Right now it's at the ok point and I definitely need to see more. I think the reason why it only seems ok now is b/c of the storyline and development b/c I think the acting of Kim Sung Soo, Lee Dong Gun, and Kim Na Heul is great. If you're the type who likes slow and serious and oggles at KSS and LDG, definitely pick this up, although there aren't full subs out. Theed's current rating: :/

My Name is Kim Sam Soon (ep6): I L-O-V-E love this drama! Like everybody says, this is a korean Bridget Jones, except better. It's hilarious and I love the character of Kim Sam Soon. My Name is Kim Sam Soon doesn't fail in the eye candy department (at least for girls) with Daniel Heney and Hyun Bin and that guy who plays KSS's ex (sorry, don't know his name ^^;). The pacing is great and doesn't drag at all so far. The subbing team is doing a great job at releasing subs but I can't help but feel anxious for the next sub to come out b/c I'm dying to see what's going to happen! Theed's current rating: ^_~V

Dae Jang Geum aka A Jewel in the Palace ep(27): This is my most favorite drama along with Full House. You'd think that somewhere along the way that this show would drop like a ticking time bomb b/c it's just so long (54 episodes) and a lot of dramas tend to do that despite being a lot shorter (normally 16 episodes), but it just doesn't. I'm half way through the series and not once have I had the desire to stop watching. This is also my first period drama, so it's quite refreshing to have something like this after everything else I've been watching. It's serious, funny, hearwrenching and heartwarming all rolled into one and you'll just eat this up. Definitely, definitely watch this drama. Theed rates it: V(^_^)V

blueMC

Post by blueMC » Jul 20th, '05, 07:40

i've seen quite a number of kdramas and so far, my fave's All About Eve . i just love the story, the acting - by Jang Dong Gun mostly ^-^, and the sweet moments between the two leads. one of those rare series that will make you cry coz' of what happens to the antagonist towards the end.

oh, and this is the first korean series that i watched. :-)

others worth watching are MiSa and Full House . MiSa is just sooo beautifully made. i loved watching it till the end.. and Full House is highly entertaining - especially Song Hye Kyo's acting.

orlandobloomforever

Post by orlandobloomforever » Jul 21st, '05, 04:52

Prince's 1st love - pure torture!
pure torture? is it realy really sad?

orlandobloomforever

sad kdramas?

Post by orlandobloomforever » Jul 21st, '05, 05:12

does anyone has really really really sad kdramas that contain english subtitles or chinese subs?

v_boy

Post by v_boy » Jul 21st, '05, 05:35

sad sonata. first time i ever teared up watching this kinda stuff

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Jul 21st, '05, 05:41

Autumns Tale
Sorry I Love You
Winter Sonata
Stairway to Heaven

You can probably get some of the dramas here at d-addicts or at clubboxes. There is a subtitle section where you can get subtitles. You just need to do a little searching around here.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 21st, '05, 07:06

^Nope...it was that bad.
For sad dramas, you can try "Sorry, I love you"

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jul 22nd, '05, 01:48

Autumn in my heart REALLY SAD.made me cry :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jul 22nd, '05, 02:40

I should try.. I'm sorry, I Love you ... not only you will cry a lot, but it will leave a lasting impression... :cry: :cry: Great Series!

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jul 22nd, '05, 05:00

i like sad love story a lot more than im sorry i love you but thats my opinion... im sorry i love you is a good drama but its in the middle of the pack, but sad love story will definitely be moving especially if you get engrossed into the characters... others like winter sonata, stairway to heaven, and autumn tale are classics but once youve seen one uve seen um all... definitely follows every stereotype of korean dramas ull ever hear.

orlandobloomforever

Post by orlandobloomforever » Jul 22nd, '05, 17:50

i watched im sorry but i love you..T_T its really really sad.. :pale: bad ending T_T

what's sad story bout?

sathoopid

Post by sathoopid » Jul 22nd, '05, 21:08

autumn tale and stairway to heaven was good, yes........but in my opinion, Love Letter was the saddest series ive seen so far..........from beginning to end
its a great drama

orlandobloomforever

Post by orlandobloomforever » Jul 22nd, '05, 22:24

anyone has love letter in their clubbox? with english subtitles?

sathoopid

Post by sathoopid » Jul 22nd, '05, 22:49

http://clubbox.co.kr/gooddrama

this is where i dl the series frm........and you can get the subtitles from the subtitle thread here at d-addicts

tszyan

Post by tszyan » Jul 22nd, '05, 22:54

SORRY I LOVE YOU is the saddest drama I have ever watched. And Sad Sonata too. Both are highly recommended

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jul 26th, '05, 00:28

I haven't watched a k-drama yet..

what should I watch for my first one?

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Jul 27th, '05, 09:07

x_XJules wrote:I haven't watched a k-drama yet..

what should I watch for my first one?
If you're a tear jerker, perhaps you might start with Autumn's Tale or Love Letter :cry:
If you're not, try Full House and Sweet 18 :wub:

By the way the 4 Kdramas are actually my favorites :P

Co0kieD

Post by Co0kieD » Jul 29th, '05, 02:00

oh gosh, i am so lost. i'm tracking to track down a drama that i found to be completely hilarious a long while back. in korean, it was called "sun yuh wah sah gee goon". in english, it would translate to something like the angel and the swindler, but i know thats not the proper english name for it. i want to download the series but cant, since i dunno what exactly its called. anyways, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Aug 1st, '05, 19:08

MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON!!! i love dat drama speacially hyun bin :wub: der......... totally beat full house fer me......... and sam soon and hyun bin hab such a chemistry de.r..... :wub:

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Aug 2nd, '05, 00:56

DAE JANG GEUM (aka. Jewel of the Palace)

I think most ppl haven't seen this cos if you have, its SURE to be in anyone/everyone's top 5 if not their ALL TIME FAVOURITE!! Like most ppl I have spoken to, I was also reluctant to start watching it cos I thought it would be boring...but how wrong was I. I have never heard anyone complain about it or say it was bad...everyone who has watched it, loved it...so if you don't love it, you haven't watched it!! 54 episodes is way too short, I wish the story could go on forever!! Even if you're not interested in history, you'll still like it!! If your not buying the whole 'concept' of the drama like food/cuisine/medicine/etc. you'll still love it!! Even if your only mad for soppy love story type dramas, you'll still love it!! No matter what...you are bound to love it!! Its the longest Kdrama I've seen but the least draggy one!! I've watched it 4 times already!! There isn't a specific part I love most...the food parts, relationship with her teacher, love story part..arr..its all so thrilling and when my favourite character was about to die I thought I would lost interest but then the other main character in Jang Geum's life develops and its just so capturing!! You'll love all the main leads...even the bad guys can make you sympathise for them!! I can't express how much I love it...I just want the whole world to watch it cos its bound please everyone!!! Autumns Tales made me interested in Kdramas...the flame blow out in between but Dae Jang Geum re-lite the flame!!

khristine

Post by khristine » Aug 2nd, '05, 09:26

korean series that i've watched:

autumn tale
winter sonata
love letter
full house
attic cat
stairway to heaven
all about eve
what happened in bali (something happened in bali)
lovers in paris
save the last dance

i watched them all on tv but there's one series that i really cant get over with so i bought the dvd...my all-time favourite, what happened in bali.. i just cant understand why it's so underrated.

xHyeMin

What's the current hottest korean drama in korea right now?

Post by xHyeMin » Aug 5th, '05, 05:23

I finished My Name is Kim Sam Soon and I don't know what k-drama to watch next. and suggestions? ^^

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 5th, '05, 05:30

I have the same dilemma.. It's like, "What drama would top MNKSS?" But I'm currently downloading 18vs29... problem is the subs are only up the 4th one and im not sure if the project is stopped or what.. But Im not complaining, Im just anxious on when the next set of subs would be out. I guess I was hoping it would be like MNKSS where the subs came out really really fast.. Im still a Samsoonie Loonie till now.. :(

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Aug 5th, '05, 05:37

i like Fashion 70s!

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 6th, '05, 17:22

I have the same dilemma.. It's like, "What drama would top MNKSS?" But I'm currently downloading 18vs29... problem is the subs are only up the 4th one and im not sure if the project is stopped or what.. But Im not complaining, Im just anxious on when the next set of subs would be out. I guess I was hoping it would be like MNKSS where the subs came out really really fast.. Im still a Samsoonie Loonie till now..
I'm having same dilema like you guys... after watching My Name is Kim Sam Soon.. i don't know what to watch now... I went to the Recommended K-drama section and I've seen most of the highly recommended k-drama out there... :-( I don't think that there's going to be a drama out there right now that would surpass MNKSS.... ummmmm.. (what to do?).. I guess i'll just DL some older drama... while waiting for another good one to come out! :|

I just finish downloading Love story in Harvard... not highly recommended by others but since i have it... i guess, it'll be ok for now... :pale:

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Aug 6th, '05, 17:37

Dae Jang Geum! My favorite drama of all time.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Aug 6th, '05, 21:06

Don't know what to download after MNIKSS either, but I will give Fashion 70s a try. Hope that the subs for Fashion 70s keep coming.

mhugh

The Best Korean Drama

Post by mhugh » Aug 8th, '05, 01:35

I have watched my share of the Korean dramas, but I have never been as obsessed as "Resurrection." It has everlasting love, revenge, beautiful casts, excellent acting, and, yes, suspense.

I highly recommended this.

innocentchica

Post by innocentchica » Aug 8th, '05, 01:44

I say watch Fashion 70s!!! I am totally loving it though it's a bit heavy compared to Sam Soon.

babygurldoc

Post by babygurldoc » Aug 8th, '05, 10:14

Ive also watched alot of k-dramas since my first one AAE.
I must said I love AAE and Hotelier the most though.
Although I also love FH and MISA a great deal too. So if you're looking for something good to watch I really recommend these.
Im currently watching MNIKSS and Rebirth, and Im loving these too also. One is a comedy while the other is a melodrama. Both are really good.

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Aug 10th, '05, 04:32

1. Terms of Endearment aka Conditions of Love
2. Sad Sonata aka Sad Love Story
3. Full House

jyu3

Post by jyu3 » Aug 10th, '05, 04:52

i would say my name is kim sam sooon !!!!=)

hlude92

Post by hlude92 » Aug 10th, '05, 20:46

bodyguard
damo
all in
full house

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 11th, '05, 00:24

I cant find the post where somebody recommended the sitcom "Nonstop"... So sorry if it's a mispost here.....

But, can anybody tell me where I can get the torrents for nonstop 4 or 5? I'm still having a problem with Clubbox so it's out of the question to get it there. I tried searching here but cant find it. Hope someone could help me.. thanks so much

gelyn

Post by gelyn » Aug 12th, '05, 12:17

my recomendation ( although korean drama drags if not a little then ALOT somewhere between the stories, i think some are still worth watching) :

LOVERS IN PARIS - a cinderella type ... actually it is the first drama i encounter with two different ending... err... kinda let u choose which ending u prefer or which ending they show on tv.

BEAUTIFUL DAYS - story that revolves around 4 characters, their past and present, families etc.... it did drag a bit, but i kinda forget that it is dragging coz i love the story...

JULIET'S MAN - from a happy go lucky guy till he lost all his financial support... well just seeing the expression of Cha Tae Hyun is something... he always adds life to the role he potrays...just like in sunflower. another must watch...

wei_c

Post by wei_c » Aug 12th, '05, 12:51

my name is kim sam soon is definitely a must watch!!! It's seriously one of the best k-romantic comedies. Every ep gets better and better. The story didn't drag, and there wasn't any ridiculously evil character or too much drama. There were also some moments from the drama when the characterr says something, and it makes you really think, or really feel it. The show ended well, happy yet not too unrealistic. And it also has some of the funniest scenes, for those who have watched, the scene where they were singing karaoke just makes me laugh my head off everytime i see it. :lol

ph00ny

Post by ph00ny » Aug 12th, '05, 12:54

new yi soon shin drama

i_fotted

I recomend

Post by i_fotted » Aug 12th, '05, 19:47

Am I the only person that likes Her House? I like it so much and no one has mentioned it so far.

I also like:
All about Eve
Stairway to Heaven
Success story of a bright girl
Jewel in the Palace
Glass Shoe
4 sister
Romance

Currently watching Dating Now, Full House, Endless Love.

BadaBing

Post by BadaBing » Aug 13th, '05, 00:55

Here are my reccomendations (since I don't have anything to do right now :D ):

*Not in any particular order*

1. Dae Jang Geum - at first I was '54 episode...the hell...' but I gave it a try anyway (because I was bored) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! 54 episodes? NAH, I WANT MORE!

2. All About Eve - Jang Dong Gun - just watch it for this guy. :wub:

3. Endless Love - Many of you might find this series boring and little bit too cliche but WON BING :wub: makes up for everything.

4. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon - This series has one of the hottest casts around. It's not cliche at all and it's very refreshing. I can guarantee that on every episode you will laugh at something.

5. Full House - this is my first k-drama that was a romantic comedy. The cast's chemistry was awesome.

6. Lovers In Paris - Minus the ending, everything is perfect.

7. Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang - Jae Hee and his expressions are priceless.

8. Sweet 18 - Lee Dong Gun and Han Ji Hye makes the best on-screen/off-screen couple!

-edit-

i totally forgot about MISA

9. I'm Sorry, I Love You - GOOD SERIES! MELODRAMA? YES. But it is very good and addictive. Superb acting. GREAT SOUNDTRACK!
Last edited by BadaBing on Aug 17th, '05, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

jinx23

Best K-DRAMA

Post by jinx23 » Aug 15th, '05, 02:51

Series- Winter Sonata - All time favourite romance with breathtaking scenes & songs!
All About Eve - Classic, kick arse plot with great looking actors/actresses!
Glass slippers - Long but not dragging- a tear jerker cinderalla type drama!
Stairway to Heaven - cannot helped but fell in love with the main actor! Very sad...
Romance - Funny but very sad also!

Movie - The Classic - Definitely a tear jerker with beautiful scenes..a must watch for all
romantics!!
My Sassy girl - clever plot and great cast- acting was superb!

h2lam

Post by h2lam » Aug 15th, '05, 02:59

Hello everyone, where can I download Dae Gung Gum & those short 2-3hrs Korean movies? PLease give me links to websites if u can. I am not korean therefore, I wont be able to read any korean websites :(..........Unfortunately :(:::::::::::::::Please help!

tbtang81

Post by tbtang81 » Aug 15th, '05, 19:07

My favorites are
1) My Name is Kim Sam Soon - this is hilarious and both leads are really good especially Kim Sun Ah. If you are stranded on a deserted island and you can only bring 1 kdrama, this is it :)
2. Lovers in Paris - ending a bit disappointing, but the leads are just so charming and have so much chemistry with each other.
3) Sweet 18 - very funny series.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Aug 16th, '05, 05:08

I'm sorry I love you!! i love this drama sooo much! I actually haven't finished it yet (close), but even if they ended it using puppets and dolls it would still be my favorite.

yuuki

Post by yuuki » Aug 16th, '05, 22:40

my name is kim sam soon, simply the best. theres more but im lazy xd

hakurey

Post by hakurey » Aug 19th, '05, 16:21

Kim Sam Soon is excellent but stay away from crap like Choon Hyang and especially Wonderful Life.

chiabenitez

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Post by chiabenitez » Aug 19th, '05, 22:40

Im looking for MY SASSY GIRL, WINDSTRUCK and IL MARE.
i don't know if i can find it in this site. :pale: :pale: i've been wanting to download it but i got a hard time finding where i can get it. does anyone of you has it? just a favor. please.....
thank you :-)

falling_star

korean movie...ing

Post by falling_star » Aug 20th, '05, 15:45

:cry: i was able to download the movie Ing..in two parts. the first cd was corrupted though. does anyone know, im just curious..if a file is corrupted, is there anyway to fix it? or do i have no choice but to download again or but e real dvd? help, anyone. :cry:

falling_star

Re: CAN YOU HELP ME?

Post by falling_star » Aug 20th, '05, 16:00

chiabenitez wrote:Im looking for MY SASSY GIRL, WINDSTRUCK and IL MARE.
i don't know if i can find it in this site. :pale: :pale: i've been wanting to download it but i got a hard time finding where i can get it. does anyone of you has it? just a favor. please.....
thank you :-)
if you have edonkey2000 torrent client..you can search it from there and just choose from the results...there's plenty. some takes time to finish downloading though. and sometimes if your unlucky, after downloading for a long time youll realized, youve donwloaded a corrupted file like when i downloaded Ing. huhuhuhu. but windstruck turned out just fine ^^

nileey

My recommendation

Post by nileey » Aug 21st, '05, 07:52

hi! i'm kinda new to this forum...i don't watch that many dramas though......here are my recommendations

Must watch
Sorry I love you - Excellent acting, great couple chemistry, heart wretching storyline :cry:

Full house - Must watch for a good laugh, Bi and SHK are hilarious!!

Daejanggeum - the storyline is interesting, and I love the cooking scenes :P

All In - The storyline is interesting, especially towards the end...i like it when the love triangle does not overshadow the storyline for LHB's character.

Successful Story of a Bright Girl - My first comedy drama, I like the chemistry between JNR and JH

All about eve - whoa! talk about rivalry!! JDG, CR and KSY are really good, especially KSY's potrayal of her evil character.

Recommended

Stairway to Heaven - It's quite a good show, although i think it's overrated. I would have ranked it higher, if not for CJW's annoying wails (no offence, but i'm not a fan of CJW). I love the OST though......

Attic Cat - Also funny, and KRW is charming, but i still prefer Full house

Lovers in Paris - I like the storyline, and the chemistry between the characters (and PSY is sooo charming!!) Reason I rated it here coz of the lousy ending :O

Damo - There's a bit of suspense in this story, and Ha Ji Won acting is good. Can be a little too depressing though.

omer

water bloom?

Post by omer » Aug 25th, '05, 20:34

what happened to the warm hearted family drama Water Bloom?

Im new to the kdrama scene, but ive seen enough of poppy shows

and likes of them, so i think Water Bloom rocks! Best family drama

out there for me.. What do you think?

Linn

Post by Linn » Aug 28th, '05, 00:04

Some are still watching..

Korea
Full House
Sangdoo, Let's Go to School
Hello My Teacher
Love Story In Harvard
Sweet 18
Friends
Wonderful Life
9 Fox Tail
Attic Cat
Lovers In Paris
Snow White
Loveholic
18 Vs. 29
Only You
Kim Sam Soon
Bright Girl Success
Princes First Love
Stained Glass
1% of Anything
My Love Patzii
My Sister In Law is 19
Let's Go to the Beach
Princess Lulu
Wedding

Japan
My Little Chef

There're more...add later..

stanley888

Post by stanley888 » Aug 29th, '05, 04:23

Autumn Tale
must watch this

serenad

Post by serenad » Aug 29th, '05, 05:09

Why has no one mentioned :

HARDTACK TEACHER & SUGAR CANDIES....very good chemistry between the leads. The new (?) lead actor quite good too.
INVITATION.... maybe appeals to 20's above, but good acting. Jewel in the palace lead actress in it too.
THREE LEAVED CLOVER..... not fantastic but light comedy and entertaining. :blink

Kae

Sam Soon

Post by Kae » Aug 30th, '05, 05:16

This is my favorite Korean romantic/comedy drama so far. I lost a night's sleep over because I stopped watching at episode 7 or 8 I think. G@d, I slept maybe 11 pm Friday night then woke up 2 am and felt like I haven't slept. Ate a piece of bread and cold milk, went back to bed, woke up prolly 5 or 6 am then waited for 7 before I got up to go to the office. I had an upset stomach because of this. It's wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The characters are engaging to watch. In my opinion, all of them are good in this drama and the ending is not bad either. Definitely a must see!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 1st, '05, 08:55

hmm.. well the next drama i'm going to watch is what happened in bali since it is the kdrama of the month and i've fallen in love with So Ji Sup

but i was also considering trying full house. is that one well liked? or do you think i should avoid it?

khristine

Post by khristine » Sep 1st, '05, 09:04

x_XJules wrote:hmm.. well the next drama i'm going to watch is what happened in bali since it is the kdrama of the month and i've fallen in love with So Ji Sup

but i was also considering trying full house. is that one well liked? or do you think i should avoid it?
it depends on what genre u like. if you like heavy dramas, id say go for Bali.. but if you like the comedy/romance genre, then go for full house.. both are good. for me, since im a sucker for heavy dramas, i like Bali more (which happens to be my favourite also.. then again, i havent watched MISA yet). :mrgreen:

sunsx_xiang

Post by sunsx_xiang » Sep 1st, '05, 18:20

x_XJules wrote:hmm.. well the next drama i'm going to watch is what happened in bali since it is the kdrama of the month and i've fallen in love with So Ji Sup

Full House is pretty good. No need to avoid, I'm sure you'll love it or at least one bit. =]

ooazndragonoo

My Fav is!

Post by ooazndragonoo » Sep 1st, '05, 22:33

MY favorite korean movie right now is Windstruck, omg it's so funny at the begining and loving, but in the second half omg it's so sad! if you need something to cry to this is the one!

My sassy girl is funny! it's not a tear jerker really but it's really funny :D

noura

Post by noura » Sep 2nd, '05, 19:55

I want help finding a really serious drama with little romance that will make me cry :blink
yeah I know that's a little wierd but I just finished Lover in Paris and after that Full House and I got enough laughing so I want something different..could you please help me with suggestion??

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 3rd, '05, 12:42

Noura did u already watch Misa/I'm sorry I love you? I think this is quite serious and I'm sure you will cry while watching this.

my favorite drama:

I'm sorry I love you- This drama made me fall in love with the main character Moo Hyuk (So ji Sub) I just can't describe it. I love this series.

worst drama I've ever seen:

Summer scents- I couldn't even watch it to the end. So damn dragging.

Not sure about:

What happened in Bali- I think l iked it while watching. It was quite exciting... but the end of this series really made me go crazy. I thought ... what the hell? And I have to say i hate this main character girl Lee soo jung. But I love so ji sub... :wub:

kwon_88

Post by kwon_88 » Sep 3rd, '05, 13:29

seems im the only one who didn't like kim sam soom much............. what is better between these:

loveholic
only you
love story in harvard
attic cat
wonderful life
second proposal

serenad

Post by serenad » Sep 3rd, '05, 13:33

Love story in Harvard for me.

kc_l_4ever

Post by kc_l_4ever » Sep 3rd, '05, 17:30

i would have to say that i myself have very large ranges of different types of korean drama. i watched alot of dramas and i've loved dramas from autumn in my heart to snow white (taste sweet love).....which most ppl know are very contrasting dramas. here's a list of dramas that i've liked the most:

glass shoes
autumn in my heart
romance
stairway to heaven
snow white
woori's house
love story in harvard
wonderful life
and
sad sonata

some dramas that i watched but didn't enjoy that much are:
my love patzzi
beautiful life

others i watched that seemed okay are:
dating now
what happened in bali
lover in paris
i'm sorry i love you
loveholic
bright girl's success
full house
delicious proposal
thousand years of love
prince's first love

yeah so, i'm a little unique..lolz...i loved autumn in my heart and snow white at the same time while i hated my love patzzi and beautiful days at the same time...

so yeah, here's a list of dramas that i've decided that i could watch later on:
my name is kim sam soon
nine tailed fox
winter sonata (if i like it, i'll watch summer scent even though ppl say it's not good)
delightful girl choon hyang
sweet 18
attic cat
hotelier
save the last dance for me
and all in

pls tell me which of those dramas should i watch the most..

ps.
currently watching: dae jang geum

torres

Post by torres » Sep 4th, '05, 01:00

( full house + sweet 18 ) x 10 = sassy girl chun hyang.... the best i've ever watch.. brilliant storyline, superb jokes...

iguanafever

Post by iguanafever » Sep 6th, '05, 05:07

Here's a list of my favorite korean dramas...

Lovers in Paris - This romantic comedy drama is a must see...
Sweet 18 - This is really funny and touching.
Full House - I love this romantic comedy...
My Name is Kim Sam Soon- I only watched this drama because I heard so many good reviews about it and it turns out they were right, this drama is soooo good. Really funny...

I'm still watching sassy girl chun hyang... :roll

Michael

Post by Michael » Sep 6th, '05, 16:22

DAMO & Dae Jang Geum - 9/10

Thousand Years of Love - 8.5/10

The Nine-Tailed Fox - 8.5/10

Prince's First Love - 7.5/10

Love Story In Harvard - 7/10

. . : : Snow Fall : : . .

Post by . . : : Snow Fall : : . . » Sep 7th, '05, 10:37

My Favourite Dramas -

My lovely Sam-soon/ My name is Kim Sam-soon - BEST drama! Really good story too
Stairway to heaven - sad....all i can say is, that it's sad... .T_T
Attic cat - hahaha VERY funny drama! And sweet too
Glass picture - the story was great, but it kinda pissed me off sometimes
Full house - haha very cute and funny story! Must watch!
love story in Harvard - pretty boring if you think about it...but addictive
I’m sorry i love you - cute, sad and very heart warming... :cry:
Spring day - simply a good story

My Favourite Movies -

My love ssagaji/ 100 days with Mr. arrogant. - my all time favourite movie! Funny, funny and just FUNNY! X]
Windstruck - sad...funny...cute...all of the above but maybe a little boring at times
My sassy girl - a moving and funny story. a must watch.
Boyfriend Type B - FUNNY story! Love it!
il Mare - simply a great movie!
Oldboy - i love this! Very moving!
The guy was cool - the classic funny & cute story
Daddy long legs - great love story and a great twist....MUST WATCH!
My little bride - what a great story...very cute.
Jeni, Jono - i love this! but none of my friends seem to like it -_- it's cute, and not to mention that the guy, juno, is just sooooo CUTE!!!! x]

FantaxyStar

Post by FantaxyStar » Sep 7th, '05, 21:22

I LOVE FULL HOUSE!!

It's one of the bestest korean series i ever watched.

Autumn in my Heart is also excellent.