STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 286

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Discussion] Dragon Zakura

Post by xiaryx » Jul 31st, '05, 03:57

What do you think of this show? How is it compare to Gokusen, GTO, and Kinpachi Sensei?

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Jul 31st, '05, 17:10

So far it isn't too bad. I voted if you only have the time. Because nothing in the dorama has really stood out for me so far except for the situation of the dorama. Part of the reason I'm watching is some of the cast. Like Abe Hiroshi and Aragaki Yui. I enjoyed Abe in Trick and Survive Style 5+. And I enjoyed Aragaki in the tokusatsu/dorama Sh15uya. I hope it gets more interesitng.

risa

Post by risa » Aug 1st, '05, 00:18

I have the first episode, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm kinda iffy on whether or not to. Is it worth watching?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 1st, '05, 05:02

risa wrote:I have the first episode, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm kinda iffy on whether or not to. Is it worth watching?
Which version of episode 1 are you referring to? The RAW or the PB-Fansub version? I guess you want the PB-Fansub version since it has English hardsubs. After seeing this version, then you can decide if you like the series.

risa

Post by risa » Aug 1st, '05, 06:58

I have the raw...I didn't know there were subs for it.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 1st, '05, 11:17

risa wrote:I have the raw...I didn't know there were subs for it.
So far, the first episode has been posted, but I don't know if they released any other episodes yet. Just "search" the torrent page.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 1st, '05, 11:45

Saw the first ep yesterday and not too bad! Too early to jugde, but a beautiful cast =)

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Aug 1st, '05, 19:08

I've seen the subbed episode one.. when I saw the female pricipal? I thought :O GTO! but then she went spazy and I thought maybe not.. then when they were in the hall I thought :O Gokusen :D

It was a pretty good first episode overall methinks, I think the series is either going to be really good or just plain.. I don't think it'll be a bad series though.

risa

Post by risa » Aug 1st, '05, 19:12

yt_toshi wrote:
So far, the first episode has been posted, but I don't know if they released any other episodes yet. Just "search" the torrent page.
Is it called something different? I can't find it.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 1st, '05, 19:15

risa wrote:
yt_toshi wrote:
Is it called something different? I can't find it.
It's this one --> link

risa

Post by risa » Aug 1st, '05, 19:19

Thank you!

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Aug 1st, '05, 22:24

I've seen only the first episode, and I was reminded of GTO a lot. Perhaps it's a bit too early to judge, but I didn't really like it. For some reasons, I'm getting really bored of dramas that have situations that can be solved at the end of every episode.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 1st, '05, 22:32

@mikomi: I agree with you on this one since I felt the same way with Gokusen. At least watching Joou no Kyoushitsu is a nice change of pace since nothing ever gets resolved at the end of each episode, but it gets worst for the main character.

Of course, if you don't like watching kids in your dramas, then Joou no Kyoushitsu may not be for you.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Aug 1st, '05, 23:56

I think it's a pretty good series ^-^ I've never seen GTO, so I can't compare those two ^-^ It'll probably get better as it continues, though, because there's not much you can stuff into a first episode without overcrowding it ^^;; The second episode is a bit better ^-^

orangecoco

Post by orangecoco » Aug 2nd, '05, 08:30

I think it 's a good series.Yama-p is so good performance.I have a little Shock! because He cuts his hair
but now I think he look like a bad student! in this series 5 5 5.

Kenmei_K

Dragon Zakura ep5

Post by Kenmei_K » Aug 5th, '05, 23:09

when will someone upload the 5th episode. I curious to watch it. This is one of the best school dorama i have ever seen.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: Dragon Zakura ep5

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 5th, '05, 23:25

Kenmei_K wrote:when will someone upload the 5th episode. I curious to watch it. This is one of the best school dorama i have ever seen.
For you?! I don't think so. Get in the waiting line just like everybody else :P

Motoki18

Post by Motoki18 » Aug 6th, '05, 22:07

This drama is soooo good i love it. Dragonzakura is sooo a much see to young teens and also young adults. I also think Yamashiita acts like a bad ass in this drama but it fits his role. and saeko is soooo cutte!!!!! :wub:

Motoki18

Post by Motoki18 » Aug 6th, '05, 22:09

Kenmei_K wrote:when will someone upload the 5th episode. I curious to watch it. This is one of the best school dorama i have ever seen.
I believe you dont have to wait anymore since episode 5 is finally out!!! Sooo good the episode!

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 7th, '05, 01:30

Great show! Very enjoyable.

Prediction: I think everyone other than Yuusuke (YamaP) will make it to Univ. Tokyo :O
I think somehow he will choose the same path as Sakuragi.

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Aug 7th, '05, 05:22

Motoki18 wrote:I believe you dont have to wait anymore since episode 5 is finally out!!! Sooo good the episode!
I have to agree ep 5 was my favorite of the current eps so far. Especially because Ichiro has finally been included in the story, and I liked the direction of ep 5's story, it was really good.

shaselai

Post by shaselai » Aug 8th, '05, 23:00

the drama imo is so-so so far. I suppose it is "realistic" in the sense that you can crack the entrance exams just like the SATs (but much harder of course) but isnt it too late for the kids to raise their GPA? their avg. test score is 36 i think and i doubt the gang is much better than the score since few of them were quite content when they got a "70". I guess perhaps in japan they just care about test grades and not their GPA?

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 9th, '05, 00:32

I'm pretty sure that in Japan, each universities have their own entrance exams, and if you pass that exam (and maybe pass an interview), then you are in... They list people who passed the exam on a board.

I personally think that it's near impossible for people failing their class to be ready in Tou-dai in 1 year, but I don't really care whether or a dorama is "realistic" as long as it's exciting/funny/touching. :mrgreen:

sparky

Post by sparky » Aug 9th, '05, 01:14

To yt_toshi,
Quote: Of course, if you don't like watching kids in your dramas, then Joou no Kyoushitsu may not be for you.

Joou no Kyoushitsu is probably the most adult dorama this season. It has everything including humor, loyalty, betrayal, friendship, manipulation, cowardice and most of all, heroic bravery in the face of overwhelming odds. What it does not have are teen idols and a ton of cheese. I guess it doesn't stand a chance, but I really like this series. I also like Slow Dance and The Train Man.

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Aug 9th, '05, 03:17

I'll admit the situation of this drama is pretty outrageous. The lowest of the low studiying to become the best of the best in how long? Like half a year? It carries a nice message, but not sure how well it gets through. I'll keep watching for its characters and I'm interested to see the outcome. After that episode for Mizuno, where they were all expected to get perfect scores but didn't. I'm wondering that maybe they might not get in, but still try to get a positive message out of the story. I liked ep 5 for the introduction of more teachers, and the interaction between Maki and Hideki characters. And finally having Ichiro join the class, I've been waiting for him to join. He's like my fav character, cause he's such a space-case.

assuran

Post by assuran » Aug 10th, '05, 10:09

I like this drama very much even if it seems like some others, for example GTO. But it's great^^ :-) . The theme song is very great too, but I don't know where I can find (or download) it :cry:

assuran

Post by assuran » Aug 12th, '05, 09:04

Is there only the links for episode 1 and episode 2 (RAW) or should I buy some glasses :glare: ???

Please, can someone answer?

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 12th, '05, 12:32

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Aug 12th, '05, 13:18

i've been watching this series because i generally prefer young cast, teen drama etc..
must be trying to deny reality (getting old). it may not be the best series, but it's funny and outrageous, enjoyable for me.

assuran

Post by assuran » Aug 12th, '05, 14:47

Arigatoo gozaimasu!!!! for the answer. Really! I have missed it^^

sk

Post by sk » Aug 12th, '05, 15:08

so far i like this drama a lot.
it's just enjoyable to watch :)

sekaiai

Post by sekaiai » Aug 21st, '05, 05:03

:D :D Love this drama
It's very cool and useful.
Have fun, friendship and great hope for entrance.
When I saw it, I thought me last year.
Gambatte and Fight for entering Medical college
It's very pround when I succeed in it.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

BBoPPy

Post by BBoPPy » Aug 21st, '05, 21:37

it's a "must see" drama...
at first, when I saw the first episode...I was like.. "errr...should I continue watching it?"
but just to make sure...I downloaded the second episide and after seeing it...I can't wait for episode 3.
thanks PB-fansub for subbing it^^
----------
ano...does anyone know how many episodes are there? (this question might be early to ask...^^;;)

Motoki18

Post by Motoki18 » Aug 22nd, '05, 18:43

BBoPPy wrote: ----------
ano...does anyone know how many episodes are there? (this question might be early to ask...^^;;)
There are 7 episodes right now!!

lovenpeace

Post by lovenpeace » Aug 25th, '05, 09:12

only seen three eps, but love it. i thought it's better than gokusen. of course there are eye candies too

fishtail

Post by fishtail » Sep 16th, '05, 05:50

great drama!!!! very meaningful and touching !!! :mrgreen:

yamada kumiko

Post by yamada kumiko » Sep 17th, '05, 00:00

I love dragonzakura so much :wub:

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Sep 17th, '05, 09:53

This is the best drama I have seen all season... A must watch.

Compared to other dramas like Gokusen, GTO, etc, it has a real, very specific message... "Ganbbattara nademo dekiru, akirameruna" (Never give up, you can achieve anything).

Great words to live by, and it is my personal creed.

I found this drama to be most insprational.... and I don't think its as unrealistic as everyone makes it out to be. In Japan, college entrance is decided by the entrance exams for each of their respective universities. Other things, such as GPA, interviews, etc are not even submitted. And like all standarized tests, there are ways of studying for it, just like the SATs and the GREs in the US. Like demonstrated in the drama Hero, you can become a lawyer by passing the Japanese Bar exam, with out recieving a J.D.

I would recommend this drama for anyone who actually who are fighting or fought for something, anyone who has goals or ambitions in life. You know who you are...

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Sep 17th, '05, 14:08

Wow, just finished watching and I must say I didn't want it to end cause I've become so attached to the characters. I really recommend and the dialogue and story are pretty easy to understand except the parts where they debate the merits of certain approaches to teaching.

twixdawg

Post by twixdawg » Sep 17th, '05, 18:51

can someone explain why Yuusuke (Yamashita) wants to become a lawyer?

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Sep 18th, '05, 03:33

twixdawg wrote:can someone explain why Yuusuke (Yamashita) wants to become a lawyer?
It is because of his father running away and leaving his mom with the debt. He said something about not getting tricked/deceived (damasaru) again.

palmdrive

Post by palmdrive » Sep 20th, '05, 00:43

This drama is very fun to watch!

By the way, does anyone have the song that Yamashita Tomohisa sings in this drama?

jessy_yamaphai

Post by jessy_yamaphai » Sep 21st, '05, 15:08

this drama is so cool. I see it every ep.

kim™©®

Post by kim™©® » Sep 22nd, '05, 16:54

i really likes abe....i wanna be a cool guy like him(likes him very much in "Hero" :w000t: ). I'd watched it and it is Life-Altering especially when you are facing study problem...haha...:mrgreen:

yamikara

Dragonzakura

Post by yamikara » Sep 26th, '05, 08:24

I got some info on the specials of Dragonzakura.

1) will be aired on the 14th October as a Special version.

also
2) there will be a NG scenes of the drama on the 30th September, in the NG program.

If anyone can upload these after the in-air date it will be greatful.
For your information and my request :-)

Best Wishes

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 26th, '05, 08:26

hrm.. do u know if their are any soft subs? english for this series? just wondering ?
i dont think anyone sub'd this one yet?

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Re: Dragonzakura

Post by Akiramike » Sep 27th, '05, 16:21

yamikara wrote:I got some info on the specials of Dragonzakura.

1) will be aired on the 14th October as a Special version.

also
2) there will be a NG scenes of the drama on the 30th September, in the NG program.

If anyone can upload these after the in-air date it will be greatful.
For your information and my request :-)

Best Wishes
Wow dorama special! I'm looking forward to it cause I've grown to like the characters.

Baka_kun

Post by Baka_kun » Oct 23rd, '05, 06:35

(-Oni-Kazuki-) wrote:hrm.. do u know if their are any soft subs? english for this series? just wondering ?
i dont think anyone sub'd this one yet?
serz? there's soft sub?
i though there was only hard sub by PBF Fansub
but from the rumors, i heard they stop subbing it
(no translator) and plus someone else is subbing it (from pbf forums)

will this series be complete... i really want to watch the rest of the series but so far stuck on esp 4 by PBF

Reverbs

Post by Reverbs » Oct 23rd, '05, 12:10

Hi, do you guys know what song played arround min 29 of 1st episode ? I think I heard it before but I can't figure out what song is it. Thanks. :D :D .

Kashini

Post by Kashini » Oct 23rd, '05, 21:21

Dragon Zakura is a good show so far I've come = 4th episode.
Good actors, yamapi and teppei ^.^

robocop2

Post by robocop2 » Oct 24th, '05, 04:17

Reverbs wrote:Hi, do you guys know what song played arround min 29 of 1st episode ? I think I heard it before but I can't figure out what song is it. Thanks. :D :D .
Should be Tomohisa Yamashita's "Colourful". The ED for DragonZakura.

Reverbs

Post by Reverbs » Oct 26th, '05, 08:24

robocop2 wrote:
Reverbs wrote:Hi, do you guys know what song played arround min 29 of 1st episode ? I think I heard it before but I can't figure out what song is it. Thanks. :D :D .
Should be Tomohisa Yamashita's "Colourful". The ED for DragonZakura.
Thanks for the info :)

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Oct 28th, '05, 07:04

it has its charm...

o0omeh

Post by o0omeh » Nov 10th, '05, 02:04

hey...do u guys by chance have it in direct download...cuz torrent too slow for me to download...thx very much...

lil_vi3t_cupid

Post by lil_vi3t_cupid » Nov 12th, '05, 16:51

ohh i just started watching this....its pretty addicting..i love it..

soooo is any subbing team going to continue subbing it? and does anyone know any clubbox where i can download the RAW files???

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 12th, '05, 17:22

lil_vi3t_cupid wrote: soooo is any subbing team going to continue subbing it? and does anyone know any clubbox where i can download the RAW files???
pssst...
you could try here: Clubboxes with Jdramas
:whistling:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Nov 12th, '05, 22:55

It was quite a shock to see Yamashita as Yosuke. He is so cool and so bad-ass in Dragon Sakura. (As oppose to his drunken rich boy image in Nobutat wo Produce.)
I thought he did an amazing job in episode 2 when Sakuragi tried to buy his life with 3 million yen. I saw how it pained and crushed him to realize how worthless his life truly is. And, how the proud is being bend in half.

o0omeh

Post by o0omeh » Nov 13th, '05, 04:30

hrmm...does neone noe whea i can find a direct download for Dragon Zakura instead of torrent??

lil_vi3t_cupid

Post by lil_vi3t_cupid » Nov 14th, '05, 10:10

just just a quick question....because i only watched ep 1 - 4 subbed and then the last ep non subbed , i was wondering if anyone could tell me the ending very briefly? because
Mitsuno seemed like she missed an exam and when they all came out of the exam the little brown haired girl, was like crying.....i didn't get it :-( ALSO was there a little romance between Yajima and Mitsuno?
could someone plz explain it? or lead me to an english site which has the summary of all the eps?

Le Piaf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Le Piaf » Nov 14th, '05, 10:34

PMed lil_vi3t_cupid.

PBFansubs team has already released ep 1~4 as hardsubs. They will continue releasing after Nov 24th.

I only write French softsubs. I have released ep 1~6 and am translating ep 7. If you can read French...

lil_vi3t_cupid

Post by lil_vi3t_cupid » Nov 15th, '05, 06:25

thanks heaps!!! Its a shame...i stoped doing french at skoOl this year lolz...buh i can understand a bit...

but

THANKS HEAPS for your summary ^^

qilver

Post by qilver » Nov 15th, '05, 08:17

Le Piaf wrote:PMed lil_vi3t_cupid.

PBFansubs team has already released ep 1~4 as hardsubs. They will continue releasing after Nov 24th.

I only write French softsubs. I have released ep 1~6 and am translating ep 7. If you can read French...
wow, they are continuing the release after Nov. 24th on the subs? can't wait, cause i left off after finishing ep4, eng sub'd.
:mrgreen:

OyLChan

Post by OyLChan » Nov 27th, '05, 19:25

wow~~ that's really good news
i can't wait for ep.5 with eng hardsub
i just wondering....anyone subbing this in Eng softsub ? ? :unsure:
if so i'll d/l raw file then

Thank u so much PBFansubs :mrgreen:

mija

Post by mija » Nov 27th, '05, 19:35

*cough* kinpachi sensei can't be compared to :x;;

Only watched one ep.
YamaPi isn't a bad actor. His acting has improved now that I'm watching Nobuta.

Le Piaf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Le Piaf » Nov 28th, '05, 19:37

OyLChan wrote:i just wondering....anyone subbing this in Eng softsub ? ?
I don't think there will... Drama fansubbing is not a business... :D

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Nov 28th, '05, 19:51

i love what i have seen so far but i never got past episode 4 ]=

Iv3_imt

Post by Iv3_imt » Nov 29th, '05, 02:27

qilver wrote:

It's a good news. Im so relieved.
I have waited this for long time..
wondering and worrying whether they will continue the subbing
hope they wont

i love the series...........even not much as Gokusen

redsea

Post by redsea » Nov 29th, '05, 03:14

Arigatou gozaimasu. I love this drama. Just finish watching the first 4 eps and im hooked. Hope that there will be hardsub for ep5 soon. I'm so glad !!!! Ready to wait in line :D

jyrds

Post by jyrds » Dec 17th, '05, 14:38

I want more... its soo good..

vis

Post by vis » Dec 20th, '05, 02:12

Is this drama based on a manga? Anyone who has more info on that aspect? like if the manga is complete and done by who? I would really like to know :) I saw it somewhere.. that it was based on a manga and that surpised me a lot ^^ Anyone who knows?

I love this drama!!! And Yamapi is so hot and cooool here XD

I think Yuusuke and Naomi suit each other :wub: I dont like Yoshino at all and I definitely dun think that she and Yuusuke make a good couple since they are obviously not very close...

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 20th, '05, 06:51

I give it 5 globes. Abe Hiroshi, Hasegawa Kyoko and Yamashita Tomohisa rocks in this series. Especially Kyoko is way too much funny :) Love her :wub:
If I've such teachers at my school with such teaching techniques, I would have gone to the most prestigious U in the world LOL

Le Piaf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Le Piaf » Dec 24th, '05, 00:45

vis wrote:I definitely dun think that she and Yuusuke make a good couple since they are obviously not very close...
I've noticed that some Japanese couples were not really close...

Now, a little question : in your opinion, which actor/actress played the best his/her character ?

(My answer is Nogiwa Yoko who plays Principal Tatsuno, although she's not one of the central characters)

Harmonycloud

Post by Harmonycloud » Dec 24th, '05, 23:38

Hey I actually just started watching this drama, I saw the first four episodes only as well..I cant wait for episode 5..but it seems to be taking a long time....anyway, I think thus far my favorite character is Hideaki I think he's really funny..I also like his friend who plays the trumpet (I just forgt his name :unsure: ) ^^

neefo

Post by neefo » Dec 25th, '05, 07:51

if u goto PBFansubs' website, you will see that ep5 is already released. Just not released here.

so go grab it.

and oh yeah.... don't ask why they don't post in d-addicts. just say thanks to them. :D

cheers!

rainfall

Post by rainfall » Dec 25th, '05, 07:58

i got it as well from pb-fansub...
and pliz dont irritate them if u want them to continue subbing it.
appreciate them for their hardwork.

subbers are the one who make all these things possible for us to watch asian dramas.
thx