7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
2%

Total votes: 645

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » Aug 19th, '05, 16:31

I thought episode 7 was pretty good. The broken computer was pretty funny -- although I was kinda wishing that they would have developed the forum posters-meeting each other thing. Jinnkama and Keisuke were great in this episode, though.

Spoiler comments:
I KNEW that Sakurai wasn't about to let this perfect chance at Saori pass him by. He was absolutely hilarious in this episode, and I kinda felt bad for him at the end.

Also, I'm glad that the preview showed Yamada getting his otaku-ness back. I mean, he should have realized that from the beginning, Saori never even mentioned him being an otaku or anything like that as a reason to stop seeing him.It was the lie that broke everything. It looks like it will be quite funny to see her come over HIS house now...

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Aug 19th, '05, 16:51

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 19th, '05, 20:10

Cool site... There's ロケ for other dorama series too :w00t:

vipper

Post by vipper » Aug 20th, '05, 01:18

some translations:
http://academy3.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/e ... 098117242/
749 Name: 731 Posted date: 04/03/14 21:55
I went to Akihabara today though I had nothing in particular to buy.
There was a drunken old man on the return train.
Most of the passengers on the compartment were women except me
sitting on edge of seat and the old man.
Their ages seemed to be twenties to forties.

The old buzzard started hassling women around him.
At first, he bothered a young woman. She was so strong-minded that
she thundered out the old coot and quickly got off the train at the next stop.
Glancing at him during that time, I though what a nasty man he was.

Then, the old fellow came to our seat and started hassling several middle-aged
women sitting around the center of the seat.
“Don't use cell-phones on the train. You’ll pay for this!”
He was gorgonizing, I remember.
Women were bullied into silence with a look of annoyance like → (´・ω・`).
631 Name: Mr. Nameless Posted date: 04/03/16 19:54

M, Mmm...
I think it's impossible to develop.

632 Name: Mr. Nameless Posted date: 04/03/16 19:54

>>628
You should be brave again.

643 Name: Train Man, alias 731 Posted date: 04/03/16 20:00

I can't do...
I don't know how to do...

I can't call a woman... _| ̄|○

650 Name: Train Man, alias 731 Posted date: 04/03/16 20:03

I really don't know what I should do! ヽ(`Д´)ノ
Should I call her now? edrftgyhujikolp@

653 Name: Mr. Nameless Posted date: 04/03/16 20:04

I think phone is too rude.
However, you might have to force a little to make a progress because of its difficult situation.
How about writing a letter like "Since we met by chance, why don't we have some dinner sometime".
hehe

ymc

Re: hilarious series

Post by ymc » Aug 20th, '05, 21:19

luvanime wrote:Can anyone please recommend me a good Japanese drama like "Densha Otoko?" One that is hilarious, with good looking actors/actresses, and draws you in until the end. Thanks!
Gokusen? Not a love story but very funny and cute. :)

urchin

Post by urchin » Aug 21st, '05, 00:00

I'm just curious about dollar exchange and the yen. Its about 100yen to a dollar, ne? So the plate set in episode 7 cost about 265 dollars?

groink

Post by groink » Aug 21st, '05, 00:02

urchin wrote:I'm just curious about dollar exchange and the yen. Its about 100yen to a dollar, ne? So the plate set in episode 7 cost about 265 dollars?
As of 8/20/2005, the current exchange rate is $1.00 to 110.465 yen.

ymc

Post by ymc » Aug 21st, '05, 00:56

urchin wrote:I'm just curious about dollar exchange and the yen. Its about 100yen to a dollar, ne? So the plate set in episode 7 cost about 265 dollars?
It is about that expensive. That's one of reasons people use to say that this is not a true story. But then maybe Hermes is really rich?

greyhorse
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by greyhorse » Aug 21st, '05, 01:14

Xander_Kross wrote:but here is one thing that stood out.....Jinkama-san + red = HOT!!
For me it was Ito Misaki. She's never looked so good before this. Her skin tone was just droolicious, and when she smiled towards the end of that restaurant scene with Sakurai? Just too cute!! Then there was Kuroki Hitomi. I'm not sure how old that photo of her was, but Kuroki-chan kawaii!!

wachi

Post by wachi » Aug 21st, '05, 01:26

How old is Jinkama? She looks more mature & older than Herme's brother. They're not a very good pairing. I would have thought Jinkama be smokin' hot when they show her in slow motion with that red dress.. but she just looks like her usual self. Nothing special.
Ito Masaki has got to be one of the most beautiful woman in Japan. She has gorgeous skin and a beautiful smile. She's beautiful through-out the whole drama... even though they kinda exaggerated it a bit by adding dreamlike glow on her face and such, but she's definitely a natural beauty.

Anyone's interesting in a CAMRIP Densha Otoko MOVIE? No subs though. Haven't seen it yet, but I have it.

runpup

Post by runpup » Aug 21st, '05, 01:30

Just watched Episode 5...the girl in the hospital, is that Yuko Ogura? It sure looks like her!

greyhorse
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by greyhorse » Aug 21st, '05, 01:41

wachi wrote:How old is Jinkama?
In the drama she's supposed to be 26. In real life she just turned 27 on the 8th.
http://www.miho-dimple.net/

I just saw this, but Aoyama Saori is supposed to be 25 in the drama. In real life she's 28.
Hayami Mokomichi is much younger than either at 21. In the drama he's supposed to be 23.
runpup wrote:Just watched Episode 5...the girl in the hospital, is that Yuko Ogura? It sure looks like her!
She's 皆藤愛子 (Kaitou Aiko), a weather girl at FujiTV.
http://www.centforce.com/profile/t_profile/kaitou.html

And to try to pack as much info as possible in each post:
The woman suffering domestic violence in ep.01was FujiTV announcer 菊間千乃 (Kikuma Yukino). No wonder she had to go drinking with Uchi Hiroki!

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » Aug 21st, '05, 02:20

wachi wrote: I would have thought Jinkama be smokin' hot when they show her in slow motion with that red dress.. but she just looks like her usual self. Nothing special.
Sadly, even though I love Jinnkama, I have to agree. That dress was a terrible choice for her to wear. For shame. She's simply irresistable in her work uniform, but in her dress, it was really kinda blah. For that matter, Sato Eriko's dress was really unimpressive as well. I think it's just because the two of them look so beautiful in other points in the show that the dress thing was sort of...meh. Yeah, they could have done so much better.
wachi wrote: Ito Masaki has got to be one of the most beautiful woman in Japan. She has gorgeous skin and a beautiful smile. She's beautiful through-out the whole drama... even though they kinda exaggerated it a bit by adding dreamlike glow on her face and such, but she's definitely a natural beauty.
I agree. Although she is WAY more hot in this drama than any of the other ones I've ever seen. Check her out in Gokusen...she's not even 1/4 as beautiful as she is in this show. Or maybe they made her look bad on purpose because she wasn't the female lead in that show...

Xander_Kross

Post by Xander_Kross » Aug 21st, '05, 03:23

Not to get off topic, but people keep mentioning Gokusen. Anyone know where I can download Gokusen with english subs, not Gokusen 2.

thanx

erink

Post by erink » Aug 21st, '05, 03:32

I have to say, after the first episode, I wasn't really into it. But, it is quite addicting after the second one. My favorite moment is when Jinkama calls and it is Imperial theme(Darth Vader's theme). Also any scene between Jinkama and Densha is very funny.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 21st, '05, 03:46

Xander_Kross wrote:Not to get off topic, but people keep mentioning Gokusen. Anyone know where I can download Gokusen with english subs, not Gokusen 2.

thanx
:offtopic: --> find it here by "searching" the torrent section.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 21st, '05, 04:03

erink wrote:Also any scene between Jinkama and Densha is very funny.
I agree, along with Densha and his boss. :lol

nakajima

Post by nakajima » Aug 21st, '05, 04:04

be no ist

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 21st, '05, 08:28

HAHAHAAHA I just saw the scene with Jinkama and Saori's bro!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH Nice. ^__^ I love those two.

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Aug 21st, '05, 08:46

Molokidan wrote:I agree. Although she is WAY more hot in this drama than any of the other ones I've ever seen. Check her out in Gokusen...she's not even 1/4 as beautiful as she is in this show. Or maybe they made her look bad on purpose because she wasn't the female lead in that show...
What about her role in Lunch Queen, the grubby vegetable shop owner. :|

I had never seen her play a 'beautiful' role until I had seen Densha Otoko, it's put's the actress in a whole new light for me :D

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Aug 21st, '05, 12:35

wachi wrote: Anyone's interesting in a CAMRIP Densha Otoko MOVIE? No subs though. Haven't seen it yet, but I have it.
Ohhhhh, yes pleassssssssssssssssssee!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 21st, '05, 12:47

KameSan wrote:What about her role in Lunch Queen, the grubby vegetable shop owner. :|
I like her in that role as the shop owner in Lunch Queen. She look cute, although she didn't really have too many parts in the drama (based on the episodes that I've seen so far).
I had never seen her play a 'beautiful' role until I had seen Densha Otoko, it's put's the actress in a whole new light for me :D
I agree with you that Densha Otoko makes Misaki Ito :wub: look really beautiful.

However, the role that got me to take notice of her was in Love Complex, her debut drama, where she played the lesbian. :-)

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Aug 21st, '05, 23:56

As much as I love this drama, I have to say this. Itoh Misaki's acting annoys me. Especially with those scenes that involved crying, watching the way she forced her tears out made me cringe in despair. Am I the only one who feels this way??

key largo

I agree,

Post by key largo » Aug 22nd, '05, 02:48

The cuteness is really poured on with her, but some girls are like that. The over acting seems to fit the surealness of the drama. I know it's a true story, but still... seems so unbelieveable.
This is the first drama I have watched, and I'd have to say I am addicted. The characters are well done, and it's great to see all the places I regularly go to on television.
I live in Kokubunji on the chuo line, and it's cool to see where Yamada, and Aoyama live. I think someone on this board said Yamada lived in Musashi Sakai, and I know Aoyama lives in Kichijoji, because that was her stop when she got off the train, and it is such a trendy and expensive place to live. Both those places are only a stones throw from my place.

Anyways, Thanks to Junkboy, and greyhorse for allowing me to watch it in my native language! Keep up the good work!

erink

Post by erink » Aug 22nd, '05, 03:02

The only thing that kinda bothers me is that sometimes Densha can be too whinny and weak. For someone without a spine he really doesn't walk that funny.

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Aug 22nd, '05, 03:33

erink wrote:The only thing that kinda bothers me is that sometimes Densha can be too whinny and weak. For someone without a spine he really doesn't walk that funny.
Actually he does walk rather stranely :P

erink

Post by erink » Aug 22nd, '05, 05:18

KameSan wrote:
erink wrote:The only thing that kinda bothers me is that sometimes Densha can be too whinny and weak. For someone without a spine he really doesn't walk that funny.
Actually he does walk rather stranely :P
Yeah,I noticed that when I typed it, so I figured I should add the that. You know what I ment though! :P

Eddie Haskell

Post by Eddie Haskell » Aug 22nd, '05, 07:13

Does anybody think that homeless guy in the car is Saori's ex? He did made a comment to Yamada that he lost someone he loved becuase of lying. I think he is that "rotten bastard".

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 22nd, '05, 08:03

I thought that eps was meant to show he was... he was just as Saori had described him.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 22nd, '05, 08:20

Just saw eps 7...

I'm liking Jinkama more and more ^__^ I like her pairing with Keisuke, and am happy to see that Keisuke isn't yet another pretty boy that goes for the most beautiful girl in the series.

Densha's boss wasn't that funny this eps =/

...but Kazuya was hilarious!!! He's such a total weirdo!!!! (Dominoes?!? LOL!! and him freaking out making such a serious deal out of his "birthday present" LMAO) and it's great!! His acting is really good, even way back in Long Vacation.

Is the mom really Hitomi Kuroki? Or am I totally off and Hitomi Kuroki another character in Densha Otoko... cuz I remember her being way hotter than that (for a woman past 40 Hitomi is beautiful! and I'm only 24... hahaha) also on jdorama it lists Akiyoshi Kumiko as the mom.

ever since eps 5 this series has been on the up and up for me ^__^ and it's all thanks to the supporting characters.

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Aug 22nd, '05, 09:32

Eddie Haskell wrote:Does anybody think that homeless guy in the car is Saori's ex? He did made a comment to Yamada that he lost someone he loved becuase of lying. I think he is that "rotten bastard".
He IS. They were intentionally making that clear. Not just the comment, the biggest give away is you see him wearing the exact same bracelet as the guy in the flash back.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 22nd, '05, 09:33

Hahaha! >From the trailer for this week's episod it seems like Densha is getting back to pathetic situations. :mrgreen:

Eijnuhs

Post by Eijnuhs » Aug 22nd, '05, 15:59

Densha in full otaku mode with Saori in his room...now thats gonna be something...I can't wait to see it !!

Anyway, that dude with that eye on the hand whom Densha called him Amuro ray is that amuro ray from the first gundam series ? And he got long hair in the series ?

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Aug 22nd, '05, 20:02

mikomi wrote:As much as I love this drama, I have to say this. Itoh Misaki's acting annoys me. Especially with those scenes that involved crying, watching the way she forced her tears out made me cringe in despair. Am I the only one who feels this way??
I agree with you, mikomi. I find Misaki Itoh very beautiful, but her acting is poor. As I said before, she needs a LOT of acting lessons. Beauty doesn´t mean talent.

I´m loving the acting of Atsushi Itoh and Shiraishi Miho (Jinkama). Both of them are playing very well their roles.

kham

Post by kham » Aug 22nd, '05, 20:14

hello everybobdy *o*
Love this drama so much , especially Shiraishi Miho , love her :wub:
and also Sakurai Chizu , i really like her smile , her voice etc lol :wub: :wub: :wub:
i am going to watch the 7th episode , O yeah :roll

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 22nd, '05, 21:09

shiruchan wrote:I agree with you, mikomi. I find Misaki Itoh very beautiful, but her acting is poor. As I said before, she needs a LOT of acting lessons. Beauty doesn´t mean talent.
Exactly how I feel about Misaki Itoh's acting although this is her first starring role and it will probably take some time for her to adjust to being the main star of a drama.

From looking at one of the wiki pages, she going to be the main star of another drama coming up in the fall called Kiken na Bijou. Hopefully, her acting will start to get better when this drama debuts. :pray:
I´m loving the acting of Atsushi Itoh and Shiraishi Miho (Jinkama). Both of them are playing very well their roles.
I agree and they really make this drama really entertaining. I never could get enough of these two in any scene. :lol

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 22nd, '05, 21:20

hasnt she been in like hundred dramas? =D i think shes quite good

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Aug 22nd, '05, 21:56

Eijnuhs wrote:Anyway, that dude with that eye on the hand whom Densha called him Amuro ray is that amuro ray from the first gundam series ? And he got long hair in the series ?
Nah Amuro's hair wasn't thin and long. It's short but thick. The guy is obviously a Gundam fanatic so much that he dresses up like Amuro and uses Amuro's speech patterns. The second box is his. That whole scene is a Gundam parody, with the music, Amuro guy, and Matilda figure.

furuya

Post by furuya » Aug 22nd, '05, 22:04

saori's mother isn't hitomi kuroki, it's kumiko akiyoshi, who's sorta known for her immature older women-type roles.

http://www.jdorama.com/artiste.555.htm

wachi

Post by wachi » Aug 22nd, '05, 23:08

I just saw the movie version... I got to admit, after watching Itoh Atsushi portrayal of Densha, I don't think anyone else can pull it off, then again, I might be biased since I did watch the drama first.
However, Yamada made one hot Densha! He's so good looking after the makeover.
I'll up it to clubbox soon.. if you guys are interesting.
FYI, I'm still talking about the cam rip. like all camrips.. the quality is pretty bad, but watchable.

greyhorse
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by greyhorse » Aug 23rd, '05, 00:15

kusmog wrote:Is the mom really Hitomi Kuroki? Or am I totally off and Hitomi Kuroki another character in Densha Otoko... cuz I remember her being way hotter than that (for a woman past 40 Hitomi is beautiful! and I'm only 24... hahaha) also on jdorama it lists Akiyoshi Kumiko as the mom.
I only mentioned Kuroki Hitomi because she was the model gracing the cover of An-an magazine that Kawamoto-shi passed on to Densha-kun. It only appears for a bit, so I didn't translate the title, but it reads "Dating Lessons for Adults". A quick search reveals it was the July 27, 2005 issue of the magazine, so she's still as cute as ever. Am I the only one who was gushing "Kuroki-chan's soo cute!!", while watching that scene?... :|

Eddie Haskell

Post by Eddie Haskell » Aug 23rd, '05, 00:21

What's the eye stands for on Amuro Ray's hand?

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 23rd, '05, 04:44

greyhorse wrote:I only mentioned Kuroki Hitomi because she was the model gracing the cover of An-an magazine that Kawamoto-shi passed on to Densha-kun. It only appears for a bit, so I didn't translate the title, but it reads "Dating Lessons for Adults". A quick search reveals it was the July 27, 2005 issue of the magazine, so she's still as cute as ever. Am I the only one who was gushing "Kuroki-chan's soo cute!!", while watching that scene?... :|
ahh...my bad. I remember the an-an magazine but i didn't realize that was Kuroki-san. I'm gonna go check that out again later but she must be hot then, being on the cover of a fashion magazine. I thought Kuroki Hitomi looked amazing in Majo no Jouken. ^^ geez, I'm a moron. sorry for bringing up the confusion.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 23rd, '05, 04:55

Eijnuhs wrote:Densha in full otaku mode with Saori in his room...now thats gonna be something...I can't wait to see it !!

Anyway, that dude with that eye on the hand whom Densha called him Amuro ray is that amuro ray from the first gundam series ? And he got long hair in the series ?
no thats Akiba Kanpe, he's like the ultimate wota.

Eijnuhs

Post by Eijnuhs » Aug 23rd, '05, 05:16

Ruroshin wrote:
Eijnuhs wrote:Densha in full otaku mode with Saori in his room...now thats gonna be something...I can't wait to see it !!

Ultimate wota ? Mind explaining more about him ?

otaprince

Post by otaprince » Aug 23rd, '05, 05:52

Eddie Haskell wrote:What's the eye stands for on Amuro Ray's hand?
I could be wrong, but I believe it refers to the cult portrayed in the manga, 20th Century Boys. This eye (or a symbol very close to it-- it's actually an eye on a hand) is the symbol of a cult that tries to take over Japan, led by a man known only as "Tomodachi" ("friend").

kawaii-desu

ahhhhh

Post by kawaii-desu » Aug 23rd, '05, 06:11

lol ep 7 suck ! ! !! ! ! ! !! ! ! it suck coz it make me wanna watch ep 8 right away !!!! ! >_< !!
lolol :P

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Aug 23rd, '05, 06:31

is the movie version also called densha otoko? what year did it come out in?

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Aug 23rd, '05, 07:35

yep. the movie version is the same name, and came out in 2005, and as of this post is still airing in the theatres in Japan.

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Aug 23rd, '05, 07:47

well, from some review I've read, the series gets the thumb's up! :D For better casting choices... the hermes in the movie version looks old... 30s... :pale: and the guy's not 'otaku' enough... :D

furthermore, it'll probably take a bit of time for the dvd of the movie version to be released. :-)

ed: well, we can't blame to movie to be less 'elaborate' in developing the characters.... :-)

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 23rd, '05, 08:00

otaprince wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe it refers to the cult portrayed in the manga, 20th Century Boys. This eye (or a symbol very close to it-- it's actually an eye on a hand) is the symbol of a cult that tries to take over Japan, led by a man known only as "Tomodachi" ("friend").
hummmmmm I don't know.... The design is a little different. And there's also a character with a eye in the hand in akira so it might be a recurent thing in mangas ( the third eye?). Anyway I don't know gundamm so I can't tell. :-)

Senshi24

Post by Senshi24 » Aug 23rd, '05, 08:07

KameSan wrote:
Eddie Haskell wrote:Does anybody think that homeless guy in the car is Saori's ex? He did made a comment to Yamada that he lost someone he loved becuase of lying. I think he is that "rotten bastard".
He IS. They were intentionally making that clear. Not just the comment, the biggest give away is you see him wearing the exact same bracelet as the guy in the flash back.
Now I'm really confused. Your comments are all true and I thought it was him as well, with the comment about losing someone because of lying standing out. But what weight does that give how she brushed off Densha because of his small lie. If she can dump him over such a small lie then the man that hurt her before is still really affecting her relationships. How can she now be so close to the man that hurt her so badly? Laughing and being around him so much. And what about that scene in the Phonebooth? I can see her yelling at the guy standing right beside her, using the phone as a means of not confronting him directly, but I didn't get that impression at the time and thought it was someone else. And in his good self, bad self dialog, he mentioned that she was the person he treated like a sister and he never made a mention of having hurt her before.

Maybe I have to go back and rewatch cause I keep changing opinions if this is the guy from her past or not.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 23rd, '05, 08:49

Senshi24 wrote:
KameSan wrote:
Now I'm really confused. Your comments are all true and I thought it was him as well, with the comment about losing someone because of lying standing out. But what weight does that give how she brushed off Densha because of his small lie. If she can dump him over such a small lie then the man that hurt her before is still really affecting her relationships. How can she now be so close to the man that hurt her so badly? Laughing and being around him so much. And what about that scene in the Phonebooth? I can see her yelling at the guy standing right beside her, using the phone as a means of not confronting him directly, but I didn't get that impression at the time and thought it was someone else. And in his good self, bad self dialog, he mentioned that she was the person he treated like a sister and he never made a mention of having hurt her before.

Maybe I have to go back and rewatch cause I keep changing opinions if this is the guy from her past or not.
aha! I finally understood your confusion... Saori's ex is NOT Kazuya. Take a look at the ex at the time 07:23, 25:19, or 42:49 of episode 4. Then take a look at Kazuya from any of his many scenes (for example at 31:13). Kazuya has light facial hair. Also their voices are different. IOW, Kazuya, is not the homeless guy. He's way cooler than the rotten bastard ^^
Anybody know who the actor is for the ex? he Sort Of looks like someone I've seen from the drama "itsumo futari de" (the "new" boss =/) i could be wrong tho...
::edit:: oh crap.. i just looked it up! it is him! (time: 45:28 in the credits) Katsurayama Shingo 葛山信吾aka, not Long Vacation guy, Toyohara Kosuke who's Kazuya-san in Densha Otoko.

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Aug 23rd, '05, 10:02

kusmog wrote:
Senshi24 wrote:
KameSan wrote:

aha! I finally understood your confusion... Saori's ex is NOT Kazuya. Take a look at the ex at the time 07:23, 25:19, or 42:49 of episode 4. Then take a look at Kazuya from any of his many scenes (for example at 31:13). Kazuya has light facial hair. Also their voices are different. IOW, Kazuya, is not the homeless guy. He's way cooler than the rotten bastard ^^
Anybody know who the actor is for the ex? he Sort Of looks like someone I've seen from the drama "itsumo futari de" (the "new" boss =/) i could be wrong tho...
::edit:: oh crap.. i just looked it up! it is him! (time: 45:28 in the credits) Katsurayama Shingo ????aka, not Long Vacation guy, Toyohara Kosuke who's Kazuya-san in Densha Otoko.
Yes Kazuya and Saori's ex ae too different people. Also, the scene in the phonebooth, Kazuya is trying to help Saori have a cathartic release of her feelings toward her ex. So they're "yelling" at him over the phone, even though there's no one on the other end.

wachi

Post by wachi » Aug 23rd, '05, 17:20

fuddleduddle wrote:is the movie version also called densha otoko? what year did it come out in?
The movie version is also called "A True Love Story".

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 23rd, '05, 17:36

haha this is such a pointless observation... but i noticed in episode 7 the intro shows the cast of the Miina anime at the end when they're showing the sponsorsfor Densha Otoko. They never did that before.

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Aug 23rd, '05, 18:11

wachi wrote:
fuddleduddle wrote:is the movie version also called densha otoko? what year did it come out in?
The movie version is also called "A True Love Story".
Actually, it isn't. "A True Love Story" is the sub-title, in the same way that books have sub-titles. I can't think of anything more mainstream, so my example would be:

Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation http://www.cantstopwontstop.com/book.cfm

There's also a theatrical (play) version showing in Japan.

http://www.densha-otoko.jp/

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 23rd, '05, 18:48

:D this show is just getting more funnier and funnier....the guy from the resturant (what was his name again)....his character is getting interesting....crack me up in episode seven....ahahh, what love can do to a man's mind....totally in love with Hermes persona....but not the real Soari???....hmmm.....Am I confuse or what???....hmmm.... :unsure: :lol :lol :lol :lol ......

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Aug 23rd, '05, 23:38

Kazuya was really funny in this episode...but oh my, the cliffhanger... :O

I can't wait for the next episode!

Eddie Haskell

Post by Eddie Haskell » Aug 24th, '05, 02:02

kusmog wrote:haha this is such a pointless observation... but i noticed in episode 7 the intro shows the cast of the Miina anime at the end when they're showing the sponsorsfor Densha Otoko. They never did that before.
Yeah I notice that too, perhaps its just another oppotunity to sell more show related anime products since this series is so popular in Japan. CHA-CHING~

Here's the garage kit made by Volks:

http://dreamjap.free.fr/images/Miina2.jpg

Thank god for Geroge Lucus...

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 24th, '05, 02:23

Eijnuhs wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

Ultimate wota ? Mind explaining more about him ?
there use to be segment of nep league with Akiba Kanpe where he goes around to all the various idol functions and his mission was to get the idols attention. He did lots of crazy stuff and most of the time the idols try not to laugh and get distracted to what they were surpose to be saying. A lot of them fail :lol its quite funny how the idols would all try and get a sneak peak at what he's doing while trying to pay attention to someone interviewing them.

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Aug 24th, '05, 02:50

Exactly how tall IS Densha? I imagine Ito Misaki must be tall for a girl, but she really towers over him >.>

I like the humor and all, but sometimes, I prefer a little eye candy. ASCII man and Keisuke try their best to keep me happy, but I wish the casting for Densha was someone else. I wanted a more dramatic change (in his initial makeover) that makes him go from super-otaku to passably handsome. But he still looks like a kid playing dressup in his father's suits to me.

Maybe I'm just a shallow person >.>

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 24th, '05, 12:50

Itou Atsushi is 162cm according to my sources. Since he rarely stand up straight in this series, it seems he's even shorter :lol

fox666

Post by fox666 » Aug 24th, '05, 17:44

aisu_kurimu wrote:Exactly how tall IS Densha? I imagine Ito Misaki must be tall for a girl, but she really towers over him >.>

I like the humor and all, but sometimes, I prefer a little eye candy. ASCII man and Keisuke try their best to keep me happy, but I wish the casting for Densha was someone else. I wanted a more dramatic change (in his initial makeover) that makes him go from super-otaku to passably handsome. But he still looks like a kid playing dressup in his father's suits to me.

Maybe I'm just a shallow person >.>

That's what I love in this show its not another change to Mr perfect story like they do in other shows and movies. Densha is unique in all aspect sometimes its dramatic, sometimes romantic and off cource funny.
I think that the real "Densha" didn't get a full make over he just changed some clothes and all but could not hide his goofiness and otako moves.

taro

Post by taro » Aug 24th, '05, 23:58

And doing a search on Ito Misaki gives her height at 171 cm. About 5' 7" which is tall for Japanese girl, it's the same height as me, an average Japanese guy. & given posture & heals, the 3.5 inch difference can be made even more! & I think the casting is great, I think were about to see the show bring up that it's more important what densha is like inside rather than appearances.

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Aug 25th, '05, 03:28

I believe it is a physical representation of the psychic abilities of a newtype. Newtypes possessed a kind of sixth sense where they could sometimes predict actions in battlefield and sense the emotions of other newtypes and people.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Aug 25th, '05, 03:55

Just watched ep7 :D

I love this show sooo much :w000t:

key largo

So... hard.... not.... to spoil... episode 8!!!!

Post by key largo » Aug 25th, '05, 15:01

You're all in for a treat. Even with my crap-tacular japanese, I was laughing my ass off. Densha speaks way too fast for my liking in this episode though. Damn my gaijin ears!

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 25th, '05, 15:20

HOw is it? The funniest so far?

key largo

Post by key largo » Aug 25th, '05, 16:52

Not the funniest, but pretty good. I don't want to give anything away... but I'll tell you one thing....

sakurai is a real jerk.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Aug 25th, '05, 16:58

Is anyone else REALLY creeped out by how Yamada Takayuki looks in the movie version? O_o He looks like a particular fat doink who was in my Japanese class, and let's just say that I can't imagine HIM ever rescuing people from doinks on trains, or anyone falling in love with him. I love Yamada Takayuki, but in the movie version of Densha Otoko, he just looks.... :crazy:

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Aug 26th, '05, 02:41

key largo wrote:Not the funniest, but pretty good. I don't want to give anything away... but I'll tell you one thing....

sakurai is a real jerk.
Yeah I just finished watching it. Was amusing, but ep 9 looks hilarious, just because of 1 quote "MOE?"

The scene with Aoyama and Yamada in his room was very heartwarming almost made me shed a tear.

Xander_Kross

Post by Xander_Kross » Aug 26th, '05, 02:48

I think last nights episode was the best since episode 2 (which is my favorite episode). The first 30 or so minutes I could not stop laughing! :D

key largo

Post by key largo » Aug 26th, '05, 03:19

yeah, it was definitely quality, but I'm not a big fan of these ancient devices called commercials.

* shakes fist at catchy american home direct tune...

Prof Plum
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Prof Plum » Aug 26th, '05, 11:39

I have questions on the anime doll that Densha Otoko keeps fiddling with. Is it a real anime character? And why does she appear to have carrots coming out of her arse?

:scratch: