Only if you have time (2)
5%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 146

Elfunko

[Discussion] Pride

Post by Elfunko » May 6th, '05, 12:32

First, let's try not to let out any spoilers, for the others. :-)

A friend of mine suggested this series and I have taken quite a liking. Being a former hockey player myself, it just kinda get's me amped (even if I do have critiques of their performances). This series is partly the reason that I am going to get back into hockey (the other reason is supreme motivation lately to chase down anything I want). The storyline is ironic also, eerily similar to a situation I myself am in at the moment, even with that type of girl. :O And the music, hahahaha, it reminds me of all teh times I went to professional hockey games. :clap: Anybody else taken to this series? For reasons of acting and storyline, or can you personally relate? :cheers:

*poll added by xiaryx.

wickedlycute

I love Pride!

Post by wickedlycute » May 7th, '05, 01:49

i LOVE this drama. :D it's a feel good drama with sadness and a lot of REALITY, meaning the characters are all developed so well. i've seen two other versions but its disjointed, but u get the general picture. i've downloaded jtv's version (ep 1 and 2) and am currently getting the 3rd (just released today!). i'm loving it so much more because it has supppppppaaaaaaa subtitles and it shows all the scenes (more of yamato! :w00t: ). i cant say enough about this drama. :w00t:

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » May 7th, '05, 01:54

It's not a discussion if you don't fully talk about the show, its twists, and afterthoughts. So quote the spoilers and set the font white.

I'm still waiting for the HQ releases... :cry:

wickedlycute

Post by wickedlycute » May 7th, '05, 05:18

kood wrote:It's not a discussion if you don't fully talk about the show, its twists, and afterthoughts. So quote the spoilers and set the font white.

why don't u download jtv's version? it's DVD quality.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 7th, '05, 07:56

kood wrote:It's not a discussion if you don't fully talk about the show, its twists, and afterthoughts. So quote the spoilers and set the font white.

:D :lol :wub: :cry:

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » May 7th, '05, 20:51

:mrgreen:

Almost ready to watch ep3. :thumright: :mrgreen:

Discussion later tonight, after I go through that other thread on the front page to learn how to do text in white, and after a few hours of research paper writing (and the onset of the burnout). :D

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » May 8th, '05, 17:23

LOL, I just saw ep. 4 also. Rented it on VHS from a video store (I'm really stoked on this j-drama :mrgreen: ). I must say, the difference between JTV's "Dvd quality rip" and the video store's "I recorded this on my VCR off the TV" is night and day. On the video the colors are so dark, there is much I miss from the scenes. The sound is also very plain. Basically, I'm reminded of "The young and the restless" replaying in the daytime from 1975, it's really bad quality. JTV's on the other hand is so crisp and clean, it very much adds to the enjoyability of the show. So, JTV (and Kamui :P) :notworthy: :thumleft: :cheers: :mrgreen:

As for my spoiler discussions, those are yet to come when I have more time to sit still and write, opposed to research papers, study, work, study, papers, finals, finals, papers, study... :wink: :O :D

wickedlycute

each episode

Post by wickedlycute » May 9th, '05, 20:09

this drama is definitely not a typical love story. infact i wouldn't even call it one. its about a team, the members' lives, their friendships etc. its also about values. i've seen the whole drama, but realizing how much of the story i missed due to poor translations. thats why i'm so happy that jtv is releasing it now. in the uncut version they are releasing, it seems like we can understand all these relationships better, like the previous coach and halu, yamato and yuri's relationship.

question: hate or love yuri? :D

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » May 9th, '05, 20:22

Um.. I was talking about the remaining Pride episodes after FOB's ep07, and JTV has only subbed up to ep03. As much as I am tempted to dl from DA, I refuse to watch dramas in LQ. Even though the story may be the best, HQ makes the experience better.

wickedlycute

Post by wickedlycute » May 10th, '05, 20:48

kood wrote:Um.. I was talking about the remaining Pride episodes after FOB's ep07, and JTV has only subbed up to ep03. As much as I am tempted to dl from DA, I refuse to watch dramas in LQ. Even though the story may be the best, HQ makes the experience better.
Yea I saw those too. FOB has LQ, and JTV has HQ. JTV has been releasing these pretty fast though (not complaining JTV at all!) You're right, HQ is always best! Too bad many of the classics are LQ. :-(

wickedlycute

Pride 4 is released!

Post by wickedlycute » May 14th, '05, 01:56

Yay episode 4 is available on JTV! :w00t:

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » May 19th, '05, 19:12

Ok, I have a few questions (that come about from watching later episodes non-subbed), but these aren't spoilers.

Where is this taking place? Is this some small town up north or what?

This drama....no spoilers....ok, I am just....with the translated versions I will be able to get into their heads and see the reasons they do things, so I am very anxiously awaiting.

And I see the post above says ep. 4 is out. Yay! :mrgreen:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 20th, '05, 05:51

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 20th, '05, 07:24

i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course the bad engrish subtitles were a tad annoying but they were decent enough that i understood everything. i'm just so grateful for jtv for subbing their version of Pride.

Takeuchi Yuko and KimuTaku outdid themselves at Aki and Haru/Halu. they are my number one on-screen jdrama couple~ :heart: :heart:

and i'm heading over to jtv's tracker to see if episode 5's out yet. Thanks Kamui for the advanced notice~ :wub:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 20th, '05, 12:25

lilswtangel wrote:i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course the bad engrish subtitles were a tad annoying but they were decent enough that i understood everything. i'm just so grateful for jtv for subbing their version of Pride.

Takeuchi Yuko and KimuTaku outdid themselves at Aki and Haru/Halu. they are my number one on-screen jdrama couple~ :heart: :heart:

and i'm heading over to jtv's tracker to see if episode 5's out yet. Thanks Kamui for the advanced notice~ :wub:
Not til 8pm EST, we don't release til them.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 24th, '05, 19:08

http://jtv.kikuchiyo.net/index.php?show ... entry23476

Friday 27th Pride Uncut DVD ep 6

Thanks to the following individuals:

Translator: Kawaii433 & Bravozenji
Timer: Kukuri
Typsetter: Kukuri
Credits/SFX: Kukuri
Karaoke/SFX: Robbie
Editors: Kawaii433
QC: Yoshi8

Releases can be found @ the following locations:

- #japan-tv@irc.chatspike.net [Main channel]

Bittorrent:

Bittorent : http://japan-tv.afraid.org
http://drama.afraid.org/japan-tv

Newsgroup @ alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese

Clubbox : http://clubbox.co.kr/aiba

Enjoy...

wickedlycute

Wow!

Post by wickedlycute » May 25th, '05, 07:57

pride 6 already? :wub: yesssssssssss! thank you thank you thank you for the speedy releases! :D i'm the type who never asks 'cause i know there must be lots & lots of work behind something so perfect so im so grateful!

i like your signature too!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 1st, '05, 03:13

Friday 3rd Pride Uncut DVD ep 7

QC: Yoshi8
Encoder: Kamui6

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Jun 1st, '05, 03:47

Thanks JTV~!

wickedlycute

Thanks JTV!!

Post by wickedlycute » Jun 1st, '05, 07:23

Thank you JTV!! I <3 :wub: your Pride!!!!!!!!!!!

princessofwales

Post by princessofwales » Jun 1st, '05, 18:04

thanks SO much JTV!!!! i love pride too~ hehe :wub:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 6th, '05, 19:03

http://jtv.kikuchiyo.net/index.php?show ... entry23730

Friday 10th Pride Uncut DVD ep 8

QC: Kent
Encoder Kamui6

hatanaka

Love It!!

Post by hatanaka » Jun 14th, '05, 11:42

I absolutely love this drama. And like the original poster, it was the reason I started playing hockey again. (I'm a girl) I have seen the entire thing raw (from TV in Japan) then both the other versions. I love JTV's work and was so happy to see that they were doing Pride!!

I really like both main characters in this drama. There is a feminist review on this drama that complains that there is no depth to Aki's character and that she has no life except to be controlled by Haru (sorry, I just can't bring myself to spell it Halu) but I disagree.
Possible spoilers:

Aki's strength of character comes from honoring her promise to her boyfriend. Although I couldn't have done what she did. I also like Kimura's character because even though he is a tough "iceman" he still has some issues from his past that make him vulnerable (and more attractive by showing his sensitive side.) I won't get into more details becasue I don't want to ruin it for most of you that haven't seen the entire thing.]
I've seen this drama about 4 times and can't wait to watch it again after all the JTV episodes come out. My favorite is the end of episode 6[/quote]

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Jun 14th, '05, 23:39

Thanks so much for your work, JTV. I download from clubbox of aiba. Hope it turn gold soon. And thanks Kamui for updates.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 15th, '05, 13:45

mangosteen wrote:Thanks so much for your work, JTV. I download from clubbox of aiba. Hope it turn gold soon. And thanks Kamui for updates.
np, just copy and paste the update from the latest newest section on JTV forums :D

http://jtv.kikuchiyo.net/index.php?show ... entry23891

Friday 17th Pride Uncut DVD ep 9

Bittorrent:

Clubbox : http://clubbox.co.kr/aiba ;)
[/size]

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jun 16th, '05, 17:23

Yay, episode 9 is out!!! Thank you soo much, JTV team :-) You guys rock!!! Just two more episodes and I can start a Pride marathon night, lol.

supi-san

Post by supi-san » Jun 19th, '05, 01:56

ep9 came very fast
but great quality
thank...............so... much
my dear kamui6& company
:D

l7zhang

Post by l7zhang » Jun 21st, '05, 21:12

Hey,

Does anyone know where i can find the episode synopsis for Pride. I've watched up to ep. 9 and i'm dying to find out what happens in the last two episode. THanks for all the help in advance!!!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 21st, '05, 21:42

http://jtv.kikuchiyo.net/index.php?show ... entry24026

Friday 24th Pride Uncut DVD ep 10

Bittorrent:

Clubbox : http://clubbox.co.kr/aiba ;)
[/size]

Elfunko

Post by Elfunko » Jun 23rd, '05, 17:54

:mrgreen:

Man, I got so pumped I overtrained, so now I'm on rest for two weeks (this is actually the third week, gotta make sure you know). But between the fun and work, it's been a hell of a summer so far. Now I can go and download all these episodes that I couldn't understand, and see just why the heck she decided to do that! :blink (I saw up to ep 8 unsubbed)

Thanks again jtv. :mrgreen:

bakayaro

Post by bakayaro » Jun 23rd, '05, 21:10

I've watched this drama 2 times already, the first was with the poor subtitles with chinese names ( really confusing) and the JTV version. I thought the drama was ok, but they tried to hard to be cool. I felt it was abit too pretentious, they all acted like they were above everyone else. But I really liked Takeuchi Yuko in this one though, since she has in the past mainly played tomboyish roles. She's really feminin in this one which I liked. I felt kimura taku was a bit too snobbish though.

Hero

Post by Hero » Jul 3rd, '05, 17:50

Does anyone know where I could get the song called "Namida no request" sung in episode8?

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Jul 4th, '05, 12:43

Hero wrote:Does anyone know where I could get the song called "Namida no request" sung in episode8?
If you find out, let me know, it is a cool song. :D

starlitedr3amer

Post by starlitedr3amer » Jul 6th, '05, 08:48

bakayaro wrote:I've watched this drama 2 times already, the first was with the poor subtitles with chinese names ( really confusing) and the JTV version. I thought the drama was ok, but they tried to hard to be cool. I felt it was abit too pretentious, they all acted like they were above everyone else. But I really liked Takeuchi Yuko in this one though, since she has in the past mainly played tomboyish roles. She's really feminin in this one which I liked. I felt kimura taku was a bit too snobbish though.
I began watching Pride when FOB was still subbing it. I then started to watc the poorly subtitled version when I stumbled upon the torrents on this site. I think Pride was the second J-dorama I have ever seen (My first was Summer Snow :] ). I wasn't really that into it because of the hockey, but I suddenly decided to watch it after reading a book called Summer Light by Luanne Rice (also dealing with a romance with a hockey player). I agree with bakayaro in that Kimura's char. : Haru seemed very pretentious in this drama. Takeuchi Yuko was awesome, I loved her portrayal of Aki - very feminine indeed. But overall, I enjoyed Pride very much - after all , it was the drama that began my Kimura Takuya obsession. :P

princessofwales

Post by princessofwales » Jul 9th, '05, 03:44

hi all... i was wondering is there 10 or 11 episodes in Pride?! i thought there was 11 episodes altogether. If there is 11 epis, is JTV going to post the finale soon!? i wanna know what happened!!! hehe

apples

Post by apples » Jul 15th, '05, 12:04

princessofwales wrote:hi all... i was wondering is there 10 or 11 episodes in Pride?! i thought there was 11 episodes altogether. If there is 11 epis, is JTV going to post the finale soon!? i wanna know what happened!!! hehe
episode 10 was released quite some time ago. check this out: http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/ .

ap

Post by ap » Jul 15th, '05, 12:08

apples wrote:
princessofwales wrote:hi all... i was wondering is there 10 or 11 episodes in Pride?! i thought there was 11 episodes altogether. If there is 11 epis, is JTV going to post the finale soon!? i wanna know what happened!!! hehe
episode 10 was released quite some time ago. check this out: http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/ .
the last ep (ep11) will be released tonight by jtv, check there tracker

apples

Post by apples » Jul 15th, '05, 12:13

ap wrote:
apples wrote:
the last ep (ep11) will be released tonight by jtv, check there tracker
woah!! Awesome!!!! :w00t: Thank goodness I didn't download the one upped in here.. actually just one episode, but I get distracted with their chinese names.

Thanks JTV team!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 15th, '05, 14:21

you're kidding right? How long has it been since ep 10 got released? TWO WEEKS.
Jesus the series was released an episode each week. I say JTV should follow suite with luxuxy. So Lucky that episode 11 got done before my computer got F#@KED or it would have been even longer.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Jul 15th, '05, 17:00

Thank you, JTV for Episode 11 and the entire Pride series!

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Jul 15th, '05, 17:21

Thank you, JTV!

hatanaka

Post by hatanaka » Jul 19th, '05, 23:01

Thank you JTV!!!!!!

"maybe.....no, must be."

sosushi2

Pride

Post by sosushi2 » Jul 19th, '05, 23:43

JTV you did an awesome job. Thank you!

fullmetalalchemist

Post by fullmetalalchemist » Jul 19th, '05, 23:59

Thanks JTV!! It's superb!

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Jul 24th, '05, 04:11

Wah, just realized that JTV has completed this drama. My deepest appreciation goes out to them. They did a wonderful job again ^__^ Thank you soo much, JTV team ;) You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!

cler1c

help w/ a quote from the Jdorama Pride eps 10 and 11

Post by cler1c » Aug 23rd, '05, 08:40

was hoping to get a little help on this one... in episodes 10 and 11, Kimura says,

"There isn't any woman suitable for me in this world... Even if I look for her all over the world, there can't be one."

So is it, "Ore na onna wa ii nai... Sekai doko segashite kito.." I know I must be hella off... But if someone could correct my mistakes, I'd appreciate it... THX

KameSan

Re: help w/ a quote from the Jdorama Pride eps 10 and 11

Post by KameSan » Aug 23rd, '05, 09:13

cler1c wrote:was hoping to get a little help on this one... in episodes 10 and 11, Kimura says,

"There isn't any woman suitable for me in this world... Even if I look for her all over the world, there can't be one."

So is it, "Ore na onna wa ii nai... Sekai doko segashite kito.." I know I must be hella off... But if someone could correct my mistakes, I'd appreciate it... THX
I haven't seen the episode. But I would say it like this (sounds nice and poetic aswell :P):

Ore ni totte, kono sekai dewa tekisha na onna ga inai. Sekai no dokomade sagashitemo, iruhazu ga nai.

俺にとって、この世界では適者な女がいない。 世界のどこまで探しても、いるはずがない。

cler1c

Post by cler1c » Aug 24th, '05, 02:49

wow, thanks a bunch... I really appreciate the response... if you would like, I could send you the drama episode or link u the torrent :)... once again thanks for the response and your version :)

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Aug 24th, '05, 06:50

Yeah, i was already downloading the batch file from japan-tv when I saw your post. But I have a fairly slow internet connection, so it will take me a wile.

cler1c

Post by cler1c » Aug 29th, '05, 01:05

bump :)

wrongun

Post by wrongun » Aug 29th, '05, 01:34

I just finished this series. I found it pretty enjoyable. Yuko's performance was my favourite. So cute. The hockey theme was what got me interested. I'd say the gameplay was alright. A decent job. One of my favourite parts was when Halu signed a contract with my home team, the Vancouver Canucks, in the NHL. Haha!
Last edited by wrongun on Sep 1st, '05, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 30th, '05, 11:02

merged....

Ohsu

Post by Ohsu » Sep 1st, '05, 01:03

Hey is there any good Pride images out there? Or does anyone know photoshop and can make some good images to put in like...folders/binders?

Thanks in advance!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 2nd, '05, 15:09

Ohsu wrote:Hey is there any good Pride images out there? Or does anyone know photoshop and can make some good images to put in like...folders/binders?

Thanks in advance!
http://jtv-forum.clubbed.org/index.php? ... 2689&st=25
if you want anything more specific like a certain scene or screen-caps from a praticular ep. Post there.

wrongun

Post by wrongun » Sep 5th, '05, 04:43

a simple question: Is there an NG clip for Pride?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 7th, '05, 19:06

wrongun wrote:a simple question: Is there an NG clip for Pride?
There is a special that was to be completed but it's being delayed for reasons beyond anyone's control. Sorry.

wrongun

Post by wrongun » Sep 8th, '05, 07:46

Kamui6 wrote:
wrongun wrote:a simple question: Is there an NG clip for Pride?
There is a special that was to be completed but it's being delayed for reasons beyond anyone's control. Sorry.
I see. thanks for your reply. :-)

owl10

Post by owl10 » Sep 10th, '05, 08:46

The girl inside this show looks innocent

owl10

Post by owl10 » Sep 10th, '05, 08:55

By the way, just to ask something...Can anyone please tell me how can I download Pride subtitles? Thanks

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Sep 10th, '05, 17:26

owl10 wrote:By the way, just to ask something...Can anyone please tell me how can I download Pride subtitles? Thanks
Far as I know, the different versions of Pride that's available are all hardsubs. There are no soft subs.

hosmu

pride ost

Post by hosmu » Oct 6th, '05, 06:41

how can i get all pride ost without torrent files?
are there a website for download?
thank 4 helping.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 7th, '05, 10:54

It hooked me up for good toward Japanese dramas!! I like both Takuya Kimura and Takeuchi Yuko performance!

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: pride ost

Post by Kamui6 » Oct 27th, '05, 16:04

hosmu wrote:how can i get all pride ost without torrent files?
are there a website for download?
thank 4 helping.
opps
Last edited by Kamui6 on Oct 30th, '05, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Oct 29th, '05, 09:35

pride is my most favorite Takuya Drama series coz it combines excitement [bcoz of Hockey], friendship between his team mates, humour with everybody and of course, most especially Romance wid his preety leading lady. this will make u very anxious to finish and will get somewhat satisfied after watching this.

hieusays

Post by hieusays » Nov 6th, '05, 06:20

where do i find the version with good subttiles. i cant understand a single thing in this show. they're horrible. i need the good version so i wont waste a good series.
thanks in advance.

gemstar

Post by gemstar » Nov 6th, '05, 06:57

I loved this series... all the way up to the ending. I was pissed and so disappointed at how everything seemed crammed and rushed in the last episode. While technically it had the happy ending I was anticipating for 11 hours, I didn't feel an emotional impact from it. In fact what I felt was cheated, CHEATED! >o<I wanted to hurl my computer all the way to Japan and demand that they give me a more emotionally satisfying final epsiode.

Having said all that, this is still one of my favorite jdoramas :-D and I'm going to burn this series onto CD and rewatch my favorite episodes (the first five) in future.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 6th, '05, 09:18

hieusays wrote:where do i find the version with good subttiles. i cant understand a single thing in this show. they're horrible. i need the good version so i wont waste a good series.
thanks in advance.
.... :fear:
I'm not really sure what version of Pride you got, but JTV distributes their encode on their own tracker and they always do a good job on their projects...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Nov 6th, '05, 09:39

mizune wrote:
hieusays wrote:where do i find the version with good subttiles. i cant understand a single thing in this show. they're horrible. i need the good version so i wont waste a good series.
thanks in advance.
.... :fear:
I'm not really sure what version of Pride you got, but JTV distributes their encode on their own tracker and they always do a good job on their projects...
You mean you don't like Halu being written as Ching? :P

Get the batch torrent over at JTV 8 seeders currently....

hieusays

Post by hieusays » Nov 7th, '05, 00:03

sorry, i dont know what jtv is. can someone link me plz? i really wanna watch/understand it.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 7th, '05, 04:00

hieusays wrote:sorry, i dont know what jtv is. can someone link me plz? i really wanna watch/understand it.
http://jtv-drama.org/

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Nov 28th, '05, 18:05

mizune wrote:
hieusays wrote:sorry, i dont know what jtv is. can someone link me plz? i really wanna watch/understand it.
http://jtv-drama.org/
it's now www.jtv-drama.net :D

onizuka79

Post by onizuka79 » Nov 28th, '05, 22:00

My favorite Japanese drama!!!

athida

Post by athida » Nov 29th, '05, 06:21

Saw this a year ago. I like it. Of course with Kimura Takuya in it, it wouldn't be a disappointment. Takeuchi Yuko and Kimura made a fine couple here. =)

cler1c

Post by cler1c » Dec 20th, '05, 14:18

cler1c wrote:was hoping to get a little help on this one... in episodes 10 and 11, Kimura says,

Yukster

Post by Yukster » Dec 21st, '05, 11:00

cler1c wrote:

I guess you want the Japanese original?

"Ore ni au onna wa INAI... Sekai jyuu doko wo sagashitemo kito..."[/i]