GIRLS - What kind of guy do you like?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.

The romantic type
15%
The cool type
14%
The shy type
10%
The funny type
30%
The smart type
17%
The sport type
2%
The crazy type
4%
The quit type
1%
The polite type
6%
The party type
1%

Total votes: 502

yangkuang

Post by yangkuang » Feb 18th, '05, 22:13

I just want to see what kind of guys girls like.

nevada-tan

Post by nevada-tan » Feb 18th, '05, 22:23

shy awkward guys are so hawt! =D~ <3

Sana

Post by Sana » Feb 18th, '05, 23:06

The rich and dying type

midnightblue

Post by midnightblue » Feb 18th, '05, 23:06

The rich and dying type
How charming, maybe you could try your luck in the Klondike or something ;)

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Feb 18th, '05, 23:06

The smart type.. I like guys who are well educated and know a lot

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Feb 18th, '05, 23:06

the funny type so I'll never get bored

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Feb 18th, '05, 23:06

I would go with the funny and friendly type. :D

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 19th, '05, 01:17

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that men were so simple that they can't be more than just one type of dude.

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 19th, '05, 01:18

ps

I don't see "Cultured," "Sophisticated," "Worldly," "Witty," and/or "Stylish"

which is what a guy must be to catch my eye.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Feb 19th, '05, 03:14

nevada-tan wrote:shy awkward guys are so hawt! =D~ <3
ROFL maybe in romance novels. How the hell can the shy awkward guy land a chick if he's too shy to approch her?

Girls stop denying you're just as vain as guys are. You're looking for bling, or and good looking.

nevada-tan

Post by nevada-tan » Feb 19th, '05, 03:34

ROFL maybe in romance novels. How the hell can the shy awkward guy land a chick if he's too shy to approch her?

Girls stop denying you're just as vain as guys are. You're looking for bling, or and good looking.
Well I'm an aggressive girl, so i approach the shy/awkward guy =P It's fun to watch them squirm

FantaxyStar

Post by FantaxyStar » Feb 21st, '05, 23:19

Funny guys.. :P cheers people up!

nevada-tan

Post by nevada-tan » Feb 22nd, '05, 06:14

...no. :|

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 22nd, '05, 17:40

i'm all about manners... i love guys who are very polite... i think they're so attractive... something so mysterious about them....

oh yeah... i like guys are are 'LEFTIES'... i don't know why... but i find them very charming... (most of them)

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Feb 22nd, '05, 18:00

I like perfect guys: handsome like Kim Seung Su, smart like Einstein, rich like Bill Gates and polite like Lee Dong Gun in Sweet 18!! :wub:
Ah, and their mother must be nice, coz hateful stepmother is such a pain (according to drama, not to experience :P )...
If you recognize yourself in this description, feel free to pm me lol :lol :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 23rd, '05, 09:19

i like the smart and sweet type~ but since there are a lot of sweet guys out there.....i chose "smart" so that it'll be more challenging~ but i wouldn't want someone who's tooooooooooo smart for his own good.........

just modestly smart with a sweet nature..........a good sense of humour is a plus and i wouldn't mind if he had the whole package with decent looks and a decent body. but i go more for one's intelligence than for his physical appearance/physique. a guy who can look me in the eyes and talk equations out of nowhere is such a turnon...

i can't help it....................INTELLIGENCE itself is a turnon~ :roll

eerorikki

Post by eerorikki » Feb 23rd, '05, 09:33

It's hard to choose just one characteristic, but i voted for smart. I wouldn't like somebody whose a complete idiot, but too overwhelmingly smart can also be intimidating. So someone around my level of intelligence would be nice, haha.. and preferably someone who knows a lot about computers, because sadly, I know very little about them. :lol

dana

What attract me

Post by dana » Feb 23rd, '05, 09:34

What attract me is guys who wear white t-shirt and blue jeans. :D Who like to keep things private and he must be caring and outgoing.

eki

Post by eki » Feb 24th, '05, 03:33

smart and shy, well not necessarily shy and timid, but guys who don't go out of their way to pick up a girl. Smart guys really are sexy in their own way, better if they were real sexy sexy :lol , so i go for the smart guys who don't brag about their smartness 24/7.

miracles

Post by miracles » Feb 24th, '05, 04:41

A guy who's funny, smart, and outgoing is definitely a plus. I used to think that shy guys are cute too but not so much anymore. A guy who knows what he wants and goes after it is definitely a turn on for me. :wub:

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 24th, '05, 21:27

To be more precise I really love a girl similar to amamiya in HERO played by THE ONE AND ONLY ...... :w00t: :w00t: TAKAKO MATSU CHIIIAAAAANNNN!!!!!!........ :pale: oooopppssssss!!! wrong thread sooooooaaaaaaaaaryyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Girls!!!
(girls) :twisted:

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Feb 28th, '05, 08:43

To be more precise I really love a girl similar to amamiya in HERO played by THE ONE AND ONLY ...... TAKAKO MATSU CHIIIAAAAANNNN!!!!!!........ oooopppssssss!!! wrong thread sooooooaaaaaaaaaryyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Girls!!!
(girls)

I think you're in the wrong thread. :D

I like guys who can put up with my craziness, moodiness, and my hyperactivity. :D Any guy who can do that is gold for me, but specifically? He should be smart (he can keep up with me in intelligent conversations/ not a one-track guy) and respectful, but still fun and sociable (he doesn't have to be popular, he just has to know how to get alogn with others). Smokers and heavy drinkers are no-nos, as well as guys filled with hot air. :D

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Feb 28th, '05, 09:14

Sana wrote:The rich and dying type
Crazy god digger, but thats okay :glare:

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Feb 28th, '05, 09:15

Haven't thought much about guys since last relationship.

Single -
suits me better

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Feb 28th, '05, 10:09

~Hello~
Seeking tall, dark and handsome.
Only the strong, silent personalities need apply.
Applicants can be moody and/or bad tempered with a preferably "don't f*ck with me attitude".
Should also possess a perverted sense of humour and be prepared to play hard!
Previous applicants need not apply.

If you are the ONE, you know what to do...

Ps. Those with 6-packs, please move to the front of the line.
Everyone else move over!
:rofl:

(For those humour-impaired people, this is suppose to be funny!)

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 28th, '05, 10:31

animetama wrote:~Hello~
Seeking tall, dark and handsome.
Only the strong, silent personalities need apply.
Applicants can be moody and/or bad tempered with a preferably "don't f*ck with me attitude".
Should also possess a perverted sense of humour and be prepared to play hard!
Previous applicants need not apply.

If you are the ONE, you know what to do...

Ps. Those with 6-packs, please move to the front of the line.
Everyone else move over!
:rofl:

(For those humour-impaired people, this is suppose to be funny!)
WELL. I TOTALLY QUALIFY, TAMA. SIGN ME UP

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Feb 28th, '05, 11:10

I like the cool and funny type~ LOL, weird combination...I don't know why, but I have always found cool/cold people mysterious and attractive. :wub: And of course, a bonus would be that they could be funny if they open up. :P

And Tama, I totally love your avatar :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: *Fan service* :wub: :mrgreen:

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Feb 28th, '05, 11:34

NatNat wrote: WELL. I TOTALLY QUALIFY, TAMA. SIGN ME UP
*leads Nat to the *interview* room.. :w00t:
crazylazy_chief wrote: And Tama, I totally love your avatar
Yes!!
101 - tama vs 005 - jholic
bwahahaha
:P

xioxi

hi

Post by xioxi » Mar 25th, '05, 04:05

i would want someone nice and sweet. :-)

keaixia0jie

Post by keaixia0jie » Mar 25th, '05, 13:29

A guys that is... mysterious, strong willed, quiet, smart and genuinely caring. :wub:

Being tall and the strong slim body type always helps too. :P

apples

Post by apples » Mar 25th, '05, 13:45

i can laugh at the corniest joke.. so i'll go for the smart guy.. smart but still humble. i have a loooong list of my ideal guy's qualities.. actually, i thought it was a stupid list cos no such "great" (with imperfections i can tolerate) guy exist. however i realized there was one.. it turns out he's a relative.. wahaha.. :D it gives me hope that those sort of men hasn't been lost to extinction. maybe one day i'll meet another one. :D

|sUiZiD|
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by |sUiZiD| » Mar 25th, '05, 13:56

humpf looks bad for me, I am nether smart nor funny, well, I am aaaahhmm, yaeh, I am ,..... who I am, dammit....^^

Sannah

Post by Sannah » Mar 25th, '05, 23:22

Choose the polite type :D , funny is a good thing too, but not when people are trying too hard. :glare:

kuraizie

Post by kuraizie » Mar 26th, '05, 01:31

smart and funny for me...by funny i mean witty and not stupid jackass-type humour :P no offense if anyone likes that cuz a lot of ppl do...good word to describe it:
debonair! haha..i love that word, it just sounds so suave.

ladym

Post by ladym » Sep 25th, '05, 13:42

Well i don't know for shore what tip i like .... :D
i date just few .. :P :D till now but neinther of them was strong enough to keep me
sow :P :D :mrgreen: :w00t: :wub: i like the agressiv one :P not to agresiv just a littlebit :mrgreen: :P

azra

Post by azra » Sep 25th, '05, 13:55

I chose funny type coz I like to laugh.........even at the simplest jokes....... :rofl:

but he should be romantic once in awhile........ :wub:

@ ladyn......who is the pointing guy in ur avatar?

ladym

Post by ladym » Sep 25th, '05, 14:12

azra wrote:I chose funny type coz I like to laugh.........even at the simplest jokes....... :rofl:

but he should be romantic once in awhile........ :wub:

@ ladyn......who is the pointing guy in ur avatar?
He is HIROSHI ABE from Trick TV drama -UEDA JIRO-

inishi

Post by inishi » Sep 26th, '05, 23:24

oops i accidentally posted this in the guys' version lolol

i like guys who...breakdance, are smart, funny, has a good hair style, knows how to cook (some people have nooooooo idea how hot that is hahaha), dresses in a dress shirt w/ a blazer/suit on top with jeans, preferrably chinese/japanese/korean and lives in toronto hahaha but that's mostly the physical image...which makes up like 30-40% of what i look for XP

white.raine

Post by white.raine » Oct 5th, '05, 16:43

Hey girls, you better start lining up, because I'm funny and smart! Not to mention good looking and humble. Jks of course.

But really I dunno how accurately you girls are actually answerring this poll and how truthful you're being to yourselves, because the smart guys never get the girls. It's always the big macho meathead womanizing types, or the badass smoking drinking **** types that get the women. I think you should add outrageously hot as a footnote to Smart and funny :P . Face it, if a guys only smart or only funny he's going nowhere fast.

EDIT: oh and shy guys never ever get girls. You may say you like them but I know a lot of shy guys I know they've never ever had girlfriends before. The problem is they talk to girls and girls never approach a shy guy, they have no self confidence, it's not attractive. If you said it was I think you don't really know what you're talking about.

shang_warrior

Post by shang_warrior » Oct 6th, '05, 00:16

@white.raine
I agree with you, most girls go for "hot and popular" guys/jocks, but deep down they're all jerks with good looks. so, I'm really surprised when people here kept on saying that they like shy types, same goes for the guys in the other thread. no clue why you people are saying stuff like that, but i wouldn't want a guy who doesn't even talk to me!

i like guys who i can really talk to and understand, they need to be smart, funny, and polite. can't be too tall either, since i'm really short =P and they can't be too bad at sports.

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Oct 6th, '05, 00:38

It's hard to tell what kind of personnality I like in guy. I'm SURE I dislike rude and macho type of guy. As for the rest, it depends of the kind of feeling that the guy is giving me and also it depends of the context. So it's to hard to tell.
As for the physical aspect, my ideal is Daniel Henney but, welcome in reality, I will never meet him :cry: Who knows I will perhaps end up with a short blond haired guy? :lol

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Oct 6th, '05, 00:57

Well.... there's no specific type, but I cannot stand stupid people, so I guess smart guys.

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Oct 6th, '05, 03:00

You forgot one type : The boring type.

sharnock

Post by sharnock » Oct 6th, '05, 09:03

Seems like girls prefer men who will cheer them up and keep them laughing all the time :D

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Oct 6th, '05, 09:11

i like funny guys, but they have to know when to be serious :-) i love to laugh, so yeah...

and they can`t be obnoxiously funny, like a jerk and make degrading jokes.. just a guy who can make people laugh and have a good time.

it`d be nice if he came up to me and "wooed" me first, cuz i`ll like fall head over heels in love with him over time bwahahahahhaa. :mrgreen:

i`m so unrealistic XD i blame the dramas 8)
Last edited by P0KEY on Oct 7th, '05, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Oct 6th, '05, 11:50

I think it's easier to say which type of guy I don't like... The one who is full of hot air, full of himself, and unbelievably sexist. And trust me, I've met him in person! :P

My ideal guy is one who is not too shy. He has to at least have some confidence to approach me, right? I agree with the girls above: I like guys who can make me laugh, but they also have to know when to be serious. You can't have joking and fun in a relationship 24/7.

Aww, P0KEY, I'm a hopeless romantic too! Must be why I'm such a sucker for dramas.... :D

Amleth

Post by Amleth » Oct 6th, '05, 14:40

There's something I'd like to ask asian girls...

Why all the male idols look like girls? :P. Do you girls like gay-looking men? (gay people, no offence) Because most of the pics of idols I've seen around they look like girls....

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Oct 6th, '05, 14:56

LOL funny question >P
No they don't look like girls. Your brain is malfunctioning

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Oct 7th, '05, 01:15

Amleth wrote:There's something I'd like to ask asian girls...

Why all the male idols look like girls? :P. Do you girls like gay-looking men? (gay people, no offence) Because most of the pics of idols I've seen around they look like girls....
no, we don`t like "gay-looking" men. and btw, may i ask, what exactly do gay men look like, hmm? maybe you should check what kind of people really look like before judging.

and just because you don`t like those kind of guys doesn`t mean that the other people that do like those kind of guys like "gay-looking" men.

so excuuuse me, but i think you just don`t understand how people appriciate others' looks. :glare:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Oct 7th, '05, 02:03

Amleth wrote:Because most of the pics of idols I've seen around they look like girls....
They aren't called gorgeous guys for nothing. :wub: Also, a refined sense of male beauty isn't just an Asian thing. Some of the manliest Greek gods were described as having great beauty as well.

Besides, a lot of Asian hunks have really "manly" bods to go along with their beautiful faces. I wouldn't call that anything but perfection at its utmost.

I do understand what you're getting at, though it could be more carefully stated. There's nothing wrong with saying there is a softer side to many of these idols' hotness compared to, say, WWF wrestlers that some girls may consider hot. But so what? Obviously that doesn't make them any less attractive. I think these hot (or "girly" :roll) guys attract girls as much with their looks as with their self-confidence that they aren't afraid to be their beautiful Asian selves.

Amleth

Post by Amleth » Oct 7th, '05, 06:47

no, we don`t like "gay-looking" men. and btw, may i ask, what exactly do gay men look like, hmm? maybe you should check what kind of people really look like before judging.

and just because you don`t like those kind of guys doesn`t mean that the other people that do like those kind of guys like "gay-looking" men.
I'd like to know why always someone is offended when you ask about tastes...

Maybe it's my fault, beacause I'm not english and I can't "write" exactly what I'd like to say. I was not telling you that you (or anyone) are wrong for liking them. I was just being curious because while the main female sexual interest here are Hard, mature looking men (George Clooney, Brat Pitt, Tom Cruise, etc...), it looks like that asian girls prefer more female looking men... At least that's what I thought after I saw all those Yaoi and Shojo manga, and most of the idol pictures...

And yeah, I don't like them, but being a guy myself I don't like guys at all XD. Anyway if you got offended excuse me. I was just trying to know why, if there is a reason. Maybe I'm wrong and I've seen mainly a kind of pict that aren't like the most of picts asian girls like...

By the wa, wha I meant with "girl lookin" I mnt this>ImageImage

So, excuse me if I said something wrong, and excuse my bad english.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 7th, '05, 07:53

I think it's more "camp" looking than "gay" looking.

Because gay can be.............................................................as well as...
Image Image
Last edited by 20centuryboy on Oct 7th, '05, 18:46, edited 2 times in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 7th, '05, 17:29

20centuryboy: with that 2nd pic, you have caused me permanent blindness and emotional trauma.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 7th, '05, 18:01

really? :lol

it's from the french movie "la cage aux folles" (I think there's an american version called "the birds cage" or something like that, but it's not very funny).

Corona

Post by Corona » Oct 7th, '05, 18:33

After those pictures 20centuryboy posted I almost fell of my chair laughing!

Back to the old discussion; I like the funny type. If he's courteous too, then that is an excellent combination! (and if he's handsome to boot, then YAY)

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Oct 7th, '05, 18:38

nevada-tan wrote:

Well I'm an aggressive girl, so i approach the shy/awkward guy =P It's fun to watch them squirm
LMAO

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Oct 7th, '05, 18:49

Amleth wrote:

I'd like to know why always someone is offended when you ask about tastes...

Maybe it's my fault, beacause I'm not english and I can't "write" exactly what I'd like to say. I was not telling you that you (or anyone) are wrong for liking them. I was just being curious because while the main female sexual interest here are Hard, mature looking men (George Clooney, Brat Pitt, Tom Cruise, etc...), it looks like that asian girls prefer more female looking men... At least that's what I thought after I saw all those Yaoi and Shojo manga, and most of the idol pictures...

And yeah, I don't like them, but being a guy myself I don't like guys at all XD. Anyway if you got offended excuse me. I was just trying to know why, if there is a reason. Maybe I'm wrong and I've seen mainly a kind of pict that aren't like the most of picts asian girls like...

By the wa, wha I meant with "girl lookin" I mnt this>ImageImage

So, excuse me if I said something wrong, and excuse my bad english.

LMAO This is the funniest thread ever :D :lol :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 8th, '05, 10:43

20centuryboy wrote:I think it's more "camp" looking than "gay" looking.

Because gay can be.............................................................as well as...
Image Image
oh lordy :crazy:

NeoX

Post by NeoX » Oct 9th, '05, 11:49

although most girls says "funny" etc etc but I reckon it's ALWAYS the image of the guy (aka "sexy") that makes a girl want to know more about that person.

It's like when you talk to ppl they always ask have u got a pic first up, shouldn't it be "let me know you first" and then pics later?

Well that's from knowledge I gain through the net database hehe :P

IMAGE always first, personality comes in 2nd :)

pohting_86

Post by pohting_86 » Nov 5th, '05, 13:31

i think some gal wil like tat guy...is from some feeling...if the feeling not gd..if tat guy rich,smart,handsome o cool o any thing gal oso won't like 1...

but i like a guy...who can chat o

pohting_86

Post by pohting_86 » Nov 5th, '05, 13:31

i think some gal wil like tat guy...is from some feeling...if the feeling not gd..if tat guy rich,smart,handsome o cool o any thing gal oso won't like 1...

but i like a guy...who can chat o talk 1...if he is a quite type ...omg..it wil b bored..if can a bit romantic ...is better :wub:

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Nov 5th, '05, 21:25

NeoX wrote:although most girls says "funny" etc etc but I reckon it's ALWAYS the image of the guy (aka "sexy") that makes a girl want to know more about that person.

It's like when you talk to ppl they always ask have u got a pic first up, shouldn't it be "let me know you first" and then pics later?

Well that's from knowledge I gain through the net database hehe :P

IMAGE always first, personality comes in 2nd :)
I would definitely go for a funny guy, because that's one of the things that makes a guy sexy... Someone I can laugh with, makes me wanna get to know him...
And for what pictures goes, I never ask for any pictures and I don't send any either... If a guy still wants to talk to you after that, then you'll know he's not just thinking about looks, but deeper than that...

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Nov 6th, '05, 01:26

I chose the "quit type" lol, gotta love the kind of guy that quits in the middle of a relationship.......rofl... :cheers:

danielle

Post by danielle » Nov 6th, '05, 01:56

shy, funny, agressive, smart, and cute. I found that guy, but what if that guy doesn't like you back?

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Nov 6th, '05, 04:35

shy, funny, agressive, smart, and cute. I found that guy, but what if that guy doesn't like you back?
What if you found 2 guys like that and had to choose between the one living near you and the one living where you want to live. Then it gets supa craji!

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Nov 6th, '05, 04:42

errr... The smart type 28% [ 28 ]

it's over for me.

:cry:
Last edited by Felguard on Nov 6th, '05, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Nov 6th, '05, 05:02

Felguard
errr... The smart type 28% [ 28 ]
........haahaaaaaahhaaaaahhaaaaaaa!!! Takes a real man to admit that. :P

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Nov 6th, '05, 05:07

bad-boy attitude, quiet, smart, romantic ^___^;

pohting_86

Post by pohting_86 » Nov 6th, '05, 10:19

but now a day...most gal like the guy look a bit bad...in chinese"nan ren bu uo nv ren bu ai" :wub: the man not bad gal also dun like :lol ...a bit bad also cool....mostly now bad guy more gd looking...dunno y :unsure: ????

daalig

Post by daalig » Nov 6th, '05, 12:31

dmaechan wrote:bad-boy attitude, quiet, smart, romantic ^___^;
Does that exist? :lol

Interesting thread. I didn't think ' Smart Guy' would be so high. Atleast I got 'Funny' type and 'Shy' type to fall back on. :unsure:

danielle

Post by danielle » Nov 9th, '05, 01:26

CamCam wrote:
What if you found 2 guys like that and had to choose between the one living near you and the one living where you want to live. Then it gets supa craji!
...Nah lol one living near you would be my pick, then when you break up with that one you go to college or something then hook up with the one where you want to live. Either way you are better off than not having any at all.

rubyl3e

Post by rubyl3e » Nov 18th, '05, 19:26

i'd like someone who is smart, considerate, not bad looking and has opinions. is there a tread on what guys like in girls, because if there were i'd like to see what would be number one. I knowing the guys that i know in there twenties, i know they prefer physical qualities over character qualities

Hate Machine

Post by Hate Machine » Nov 18th, '05, 23:48

I like guys that like other guys.

sockhead

Post by sockhead » Nov 18th, '05, 23:52

Hate Machine wrote:I like guys that like other guys.
i like guys that wear abercrombie and fitch

no serously, i'm all for the anal

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Nov 19th, '05, 00:02

nevada-tan wrote:shy awkward guys are so hawt! =D~ <3
yupyup :wub: theres something mysteriously sexy bout shy guys isnt there :wub: