[Discussion] GARO

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Kyusaku

[Discussion] GARO

Post by Kyusaku » Oct 10th, '05, 00:20

This series has just begun last Friday, and someone has already made a script for ep 1 however the raw for this isn't available on D-addicts.

Torrent for ep 1 raw can be found here:
http://anarion.info/

English Subtitles can be found here (as well as an article with a description of the series):
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23159

Official series website is here:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/garo/

Now I know some of you are wondering what the heck is this suppose to be. Well it's categorized as a Hyper Midnight Action Drama. Any scifi/horror/fantasy/action fans should definite give this show a chance. First ep has given minor set up for the main characters and what exactly is GARO's target. The show is pretty dark and interesting so far, 24min episodes and expected to run for about 26 episodes. Please give the show a chance and provide some feedback, please.
Last edited by Kyusaku on Oct 18th, '05, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 10th, '05, 02:20

Sounds like an interesting show.

SHD
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHD » Oct 10th, '05, 03:43

Yeah, well... don't really want to steal downloads from anarion, maybe for next ep if someone can post it quick enough? I started a discussion thread in Japanese Entertainment section to at least to give it some more attention.
continued from the sub thread--yeah this thread is a good idea, never meant that the torrent should be here at d-addicts. also TV-Nihon has announced on their site that they'll take on Garo as a project.

Jitterbugger
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Jitterbugger » Oct 10th, '05, 04:28

Some impressions from the first ep...

Battle scenes are really cool.

Music was good.

Acting was mostly average, or below. Thankfully there wasn't much of it. ^^;;;

The lead actress has an annoying voice.

Some parts of the dialogue were really well written. Hopefully this continues.

I was thinking "Batman!" once I saw Kouga's servant, and his style of clothes.

The councelor must be the big bad guy! :w00t: :crazy:
(No, I don't really have any idea if he is or not)

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Oct 10th, '05, 23:44

Thanks for posting your opinions in the discussion Jitterbugger, and thanks for making subscripts for this show. Kouga is kind of Batman-esque, his jacket though, reminds me of Kaiba from Yugioh, LOL. I wish they had a better lead actress, I hope she doesn't drag things down. And interesting note that perhaps Masaki Kyomoto's(KouKou Kyoushi, KouKou Kyoushi 2003) character may turn out to be the main villian.

Mikazuki

Post by Mikazuki » Oct 11th, '05, 00:19

Jitterbugger wrote:I was thinking "Batman!" once I saw Kouga's servant, and his style of clothes.
Haha! The same idea popped into my head as well.

ShadowRider

Post by ShadowRider » Oct 16th, '05, 06:24

After watching episode 2, I think the action and special effects stand out more to me than the story does. I love the character designs though. I am looking forward to seeing more of those three god people and seeing more of how their organization might work. Are there other Knights aside from Garo? Honestly though, I don't think I would mind seeing Kaoru end up as a snack for a future Horror. Aside from being bait, I don't think she matters much (at least to me anyway :P sorry to those that might like her).

hinoai

Post by hinoai » Oct 18th, '05, 13:04

Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by it. I'm not really into this type of show, but I watched it before there was subtitles out, for the main actor. ^^

Not his best performance (but nothing can beat Ibu Shinji..), but at least worth a watch. ^^

I look forward to seeing it with subtitles! The production value is really high, I wasn't expecting something like that.. and the title sequence, to die for! XD;;

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Oct 18th, '05, 21:14

hinoai wrote:Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by it. I'm not really into this type of show, but I watched it before there was subtitles out, for the main actor. ^^

Not his best performance (but nothing can beat Ibu Shinji..), but at least worth a watch. ^^

I look forward to seeing it with subtitles! The production value is really high, I wasn't expecting something like that.. and the title sequence, to die for! XD;;
Yeah, I notice the script was holding him back a bit, hopefully we see his character develop in the future so he can display some emotion. The casting for this show is kinda hit-or-miss though, especially miss when it comes to Mika Hijii. :x

I really like the ending song, can't wait til CD comes out.

godmode

Post by godmode » Oct 18th, '05, 21:16

can someone elaborate on the plot of the show?

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Oct 18th, '05, 21:27

godmode wrote:can someone elaborate on the plot of the show?
I copied and pasted an article on this series in its subtitle thread here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23159

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 2nd, '05, 22:13

Garo............it's no shock to me that I'm already attracted to Hiroki Konishi (小西 大樹) in this series.
Will Koga kill her or nott........

dun dun dun... :lol

wells, i guess it'll be obvious in the end :whistling:

Kyusaku

Post by Kyusaku » Nov 2nd, '05, 23:15

lilswtangel wrote:Garo............it's no shock to me that I'm already attracted to Hiroki Konishi (小西 大樹) in this series.
Will Koga kill her or nott........

dun dun dun... :lol

wells, i guess it'll be obvious in the end :whistling:
I've really liked his character so far, and think he's a pretty good actor. I like how his character is slowly being revealed in the story by his past slowly surfacing from his encounters with the Horrors.
I think the bigger question is what is going to happen to her if Kouga lets her time run out.

myke

Post by myke » Nov 12th, '05, 07:24

Haii.
What is GARO?
I never heard of it.Does it like Kamen Rideer? :-)

Mikazuki

Post by Mikazuki » Nov 12th, '05, 07:32

myke wrote:Haii.
What is GARO?
I never heard of it.Does it like Kamen Rideer? :-)
Not really. The premise is similar in that a masked hero fights bad guys. In GARO's case he's in a suit of armor and fights Horrors.

Rewrite|Devil

Post by Rewrite|Devil » Nov 12th, '05, 07:40

is there any makai knights beside kouga??

ShadowRider

Post by ShadowRider » Nov 12th, '05, 08:32

Rewrite|Devil wrote:is there any makai knights beside kouga??
I've been wondering that myself and we get the answer in episode 6 with the introduction of another Knight. I believe his name is Ginga (Silver Fang).

As far as episode 6, it was a reasonably good episode. The new Knight seems to have more of a personality. He's at least more animated than Kouga. I loved the scene where he arrives and wipes the floor with that gang of guys.

I liked the Horror it had a creepy design. The effects were kinda bad this time 'round though. But damn Kaoru, she's running away from a Horror and where does she end up? Practically in a dead end. She really deserves to die.

All-in-all I enjoyed this episode, definitely better than the previous one.
Last edited by ShadowRider on Nov 12th, '05, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 12th, '05, 08:51

eek! I didn't even realize episode 6 was already up. I was on the tracker not too long ago, too.

*wells, guess I'll head over to the tracker now~ :)

ShadowRider

Post by ShadowRider » Nov 19th, '05, 07:19

Whoa, episode Seven was pretty good. Even though I've been wanting Kaoru to die, when Rei went after her I was like "oh no!" Which surprised me very much...

The fights between Rei and Kouga were just awesome. The armored battle was too CG heavy though, which wouldn't have been too bad if they had been rendered more realistically. Although I understand with such an involved sequence that would have both cost too much and taken too much time, especially on a weekly half hour show.

On the plus side, Zero's armor is pretty snazzy. Also Rei seems like a more interesting character as we've seen much more emotion from him than Kouga. I can't wait to see how their rivalry pans out and what repercussions might come form it.

myke

Post by myke » Nov 24th, '05, 13:14

haii..
the transformation into GARO is cool man...
like masked rider black..
why their did not remake the masked rider black again?
i love very much that kamen rider black :D

Xiah's_Babe

Post by Xiah's_Babe » Feb 6th, '07, 01:47

Hey does anybody know where I can get the OST for this movie? Especially the ending song for episode 1.

vinylgrrl

Post by vinylgrrl » Feb 8th, '07, 06:14

I second the above post....I love the background music used in the show!

vinylgrrl

Post by vinylgrrl » Feb 13th, '07, 06:28

Sorry for the double post....but I had to come squee about the hotness that is Hiroki Konishi!!!!!! How happy was I when I found out he's 25?! Finally I can lust after someone close to my own age, LOL!

If anyone has some HQ pics of him out of the armor, I'll love you forever!

And btw, the guy who plays Rei......he's 18 years old!!!!! I was shocked!

queeny_bee

Post by queeny_bee » Feb 21st, '07, 19:33

is there a seeding request thread for this? b/c it would be great if someone could help seed the episodes for GARO. thanks in advance!

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Mar 5th, '07, 16:33

queeny_bee wrote:is there a seeding request thread for this? b/c it would be great if someone could help seed the episodes for GARO. thanks in advance!
Check the tvnihon tracker http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/ . Seeders for every GARO episode :D

Teko_ueto

Post by Teko_ueto » Mar 11th, '07, 17:36

If you Like Action/Horror Show that is the Great One

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 23rd, '12, 10:31

Revisiting an old thread. :)

I just found out about Garo: Makai Senki yesterday and needless to say, stayed up all night on Christmas Eve / early Christmas morning marathoning this. It's been 7 years since I watched Garo so I had to turn to Wikipedia to refresh my memory on what happened in the first season.

How the heck did I miss out on Garo's sequel's release?? Oh and may I say, it's so good? Addictively good! Kouga even had a change of outfit in one of the episodes! My heavens. LOL~