STAY AWAY (1)
No votes

Total votes: 116

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Discussion] Slow Dance

Post by xiaryx » Jul 31st, '05, 03:51

What do you guys think of this drama? I really enjoy it because countless events in the drama are also happening to me right now. What do you think of Ryoko Hirosue? At first she seems to overshadow the main actress.. and it was hard to see her playing the supporting role. but once I got pass that it was pretty enjoyable. Please use Wiki for more info!
Last edited by xiaryx on Jul 31st, '05, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jul 31st, '05, 06:07

I think this drama is o.k. and I hope some people don't miss this drama because the actors and actresses in this drama are played really well.

However, I'm not too sure if the title of the drama fits what the show is about (I hope people don't think that this drama has anything to do with "dancing" or maybe I'm wrong).

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Jul 31st, '05, 06:23

i think slow dance refers to slow dance the way to relationship and stuff. :D

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jul 31st, '05, 06:36

From 4 eps I think the theme "slow" meant that the characters should approach their goals in their own paces, and should not rush or be discouraged by temporary failures...it is somewhat similar to Long vacation yea?

P.S....ryoko hirosue is still as kawaii as ever :w00t:

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Jul 31st, '05, 06:53

xiaryx wrote:From 4 eps I think the theme "slow" meant that the characters should approach their goals in their own paces, and should not rush or be discouraged by temporary failures...it is somewhat similar to Long vacation yea?

P.S....ryoko hirosue is still as kawaii as ever :w00t:
bwahaha! XD Awesome (I never noticed that!)! yet another Long Vacation similarity. really tho, just from watching the first eps it reeked Long Vacation all over ^^;; Senna is now Riichi. Minami is now Isaki. Momo is now Mino. Ryoko is now Ayumi. eerie ain't it? lol Sure, they're not exactly the same, but similar. But I still like it, nonetheless. =)

Speaking of Long Vacation and Hirosue Ryoko, she looked like a boy back then >_>;;

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jul 31st, '05, 07:07

i was expecting alot from 'slow dance' because of the cast,
and tsumabuki satoshi is my fav actor. it was overall a rather 'fresh' drama,
but not yet life-altering for me.. i suppose it's because i did'nt fully understand w/o subs

doon

Post by doon » Aug 4th, '05, 01:57

I'm not enthralled with Slow Dance like I have been when I watched so many other dramas...I was really looking forward to it, but at this point I'm just watching for Japanese practice rather than enjoyment. I don't know if I have just o.d. on dramas or if the plot just is slow... (I'm unexpectantly enjoying Densha Otoko though, so this season isn't totally lost.)

I agree that it is very similiar to Long Vacation - which I loved. So I'm very surprised this one is doesn't please me. I really like several of the actors and they do OK, so I have to think at this point the plot is the linkest link.

Giichi

Post by Giichi » Aug 4th, '05, 09:22

I've only watched episode 1 ( I don't understand japanese ). But I liked the actors and I wait to see how the plot develops.
It's similar to Long vacation. I gotta watch this one then. I've got it somerwhere on my hard drive :P

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Aug 4th, '05, 15:52

I have this feeling that it's called Slow Dance because Riichi is going to make a movie with that title, later on in the drama. I get that vibe from the opening sequence, actually. :-)

cytodex

Post by cytodex » Aug 4th, '05, 15:58

Sorry if it is off topic.

Do we expect the soft-subs to be continued for ep2 and on?? Thx.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Aug 4th, '05, 18:01

I thought the characters are better developed than Long Vacation. On the other hand, it lacks a great soundtrack besides the opening theme "Tokyo", and that really lowered the over all quality of the show. Among the shows this season I think this affects me as a person the most because it is so real... On the other hand, Densha is definitely most entertaining.

Haha O.D. on jdorama.. I am already O.D. on kmovie and I am expected to become o.d. on jdorama in the near future.

DareDesuKa
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DareDesuKa » Aug 5th, '05, 05:18

I O.D. on jdrama all the time, then switch to aniem for a while, O.D. on that, switch back to jdrama and the cycle begins again. You just have to take a break some times. Unlike real drugs, O.D. ing on asian shows doesn't actually mean a final finale.

Anyway, in response to the question about the soft subs, I really hope so. But... I (was) working on them, and the translator has been unreachable since shortly after the first episode's subtitles were released...

So when the next episode will come out, who knows sadly. :(

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Aug 7th, '05, 03:57

I just finished watching episode 3 and I have to say I really like this series. I'm disappointed that there's not much support for this series as Densha Otoko, but hey,what can you do. Everyone's got different tastes.

I'm really loving the chemistry between Isaki and Riichi. Fukatsu Eri does a great job playing Isaki. I love her personality!! "safe!" hahahaha. so adorable. I do agree that Slow Dance doesn't really have much going for itself in the music dept which makes it seem "slow" tho. =/ I like the opening theme also like xiaryx, but it's still not as great as "La la la Love Song" from Long Vacation. Maan, that song and the intro movie got me psyched and looking forward to every episode ^^;; It was so perfect! la la la laaa Love... Song!

I hope Ayumi stays with Riichi but my Long Vacation 8-ball reads "Unlikely" =( She is Ryoko after all (granted, less naive.. lol). She's gonna run back to Shinji (Eisuke). at least that's what I think.

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Aug 7th, '05, 04:45

Yeah, I was lured to this by the great cast line-up they had going. But like a few of you guys seem to be, I was rather let down.

Still, I've only seen one episode, it may develope better yet.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 7th, '05, 20:04

I hope this drama is well worth the download. My main purpose to see how much ryoko had changed since her litte break. :-)

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 7th, '05, 21:21

The title fits the show... It's a bit too slow :P

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 9th, '05, 15:18

I jsut wathced the 1st episode and I must say I love it. The drama is totally my type of drama. As usual one of my favourite actress Fukatsu Eri did really well with her character making me loving her even more. Epi 2, here I come! :D

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Aug 13th, '05, 17:28

Anyone know the name of the theme song?

Thanks.

Bahamut619
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bahamut619 » Aug 13th, '05, 20:53

It's Fukuyama Masaharu's 「Tokyo」.

To be released on Aug. 17

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Aug 14th, '05, 05:28

Bahamut619 wrote:It's Fukuyama Masaharu's 「Tokyo」.

Thanks 4 the info.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Aug 22nd, '05, 16:04

Bahamut619 wrote:It's Fukuyama Masaharu's 「Tokyo」.

I uploaded the song onto d-addicts. :-)

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Aug 24th, '05, 17:50

This is becoming one of my favorite drama of all time...the dialogues are ingenious! Too bad it had a bad start and alot of people would miss it because of that.

Caspian

Post by Caspian » Aug 24th, '05, 20:17

Maaaybee I could vote more knowledgeably if there was subs for more than epi 1 :(

tianj

Post by tianj » Aug 27th, '05, 15:35

Hi guys, well it seems that jamesieee is busy and we can't do anything without him. So if there is anyone willing to do the translation for Slow Dance, that will be great.
BTW, we have the timed subs already, so if you can translate from the audio.
Just PM me if you are interested.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 27th, '05, 15:37

Hey tianj, please pm Amano. He/she said he/she is willing to help translate for us.

Source: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20975

tianj

Post by tianj » Aug 27th, '05, 15:46

TIticamara wrote:Hey tianj, please pm Amano. He/she said he/she is willing to help translate for us.

Source: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20975
Actually, he is just learning Japanese and he can't translate from audio, so unless we have a Japanese transcription, it doesn't work. So if someone can find a transcript, it'll work.

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Sep 6th, '05, 16:07

hmm been waiting for episode 10 to come out. am I blind? :(

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 6th, '05, 16:16

Nah, you just need to know where to look. I have it on my clubbox. :)

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Sep 6th, '05, 16:45

i read the clubbox faq and whatnot, but i'm so confuzzled about how to get it to work. hanguk mal mollah yo! :(

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 6th, '05, 16:47

gosh! For those who can't get access to clubboxes because they use a mac it's a real torture! :-(

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Sep 6th, '05, 16:55

oh, that explains it too. I'm a mac user :(

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 6th, '05, 23:22

Eek! Poor you guys. But good news, the torrent is up. :)

Old Ant

Post by Old Ant » Sep 8th, '05, 06:14

I wonder if Hirosue got any acting lessons from Inamori Izumi during Long Vacation or Beach Boys because she's playing the part almost exactly the way Inamori did Momo. (But since I loved the character of Momo, I can't complain.)

Yeah, this series is right up my alley. I've only seen the first three so far, but I'm 100% hooked. Love the dialog, love the relationships, and for that matter, love the slow pace. It's a sweet show. I'm also liking Densha Otoko and The Queen's Classroom, so this Summer is a busy one for me as far as downloading good dramas.

tianj

Post by tianj » Sep 10th, '05, 11:34

**Update on SlowDance: If you're interested in translating just 1 episode(or a few), then join the Slow Dance group(so far, 4 episodes: 4 different translators.) It's easy, and you can work any pace(if you choose the later episodes) or if you translate fast, the newer episodes. Starting on ep 6+ (up to ep 10 is available at this moment). Take your stab at subbing without long term commitments... PM me if interested.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 11th, '05, 16:14

And this coming week, it's the last episod !! :P :P :P

Spoiler ep 11

Hehehe! I knew from the start that Yuta and that girl from the shop would end up together because of that talking of virginity in one of the first episods!

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Oct 17th, '05, 00:24

just finished episode 3, i like it a lot. ryoko still looks good. something great to watch other than densha otoko

the soundtrack is also good

shinkuji

Post by shinkuji » Oct 17th, '05, 17:57

kusmog wrote:I just finished watching episode 3 and I have to say I really like this series. I'm disappointed that there's not much support for this series as Densha Otoko, but hey,what can you do. Everyone's got different tastes.

I'm really loving the chemistry between Isaki and Riichi. Fukatsu Eri does a great job playing Isaki. I love her personality!! "safe!" hahahaha. so adorable. I do agree that Slow Dance doesn't really have much going for itself in the music dept which makes it seem "slow" tho. =/ I like the opening theme also like xiaryx, but it's still not as great as "La la la Love Song" from Long Vacation. Maan, that song and the intro movie got me psyched and looking forward to every episode ^^;; It was so perfect! la la la laaa Love... Song!

I hope Ayumi stays with Riichi but my Long Vacation 8-ball reads "Unlikely" =( She is Ryoko after all (granted, less naive.. lol). She's gonna run back to Shinji (Eisuke). at least that's what I think.
I really like how she said "American Style" when she didn't took her shoes off when entering her room and passed out on her bed...

shinkuji

Post by shinkuji » Oct 17th, '05, 18:02

hm.. i guess i am different. I don't like Densha Otoko just because it portrates of a otaku as a living zombie or a geek that think life isn't worth it anymore...

But i am impressed of how once he loves a girl, he will find a way to win her heart.

As for Slow Dance, I like it because if you are into the Japanese Culture, and as well as the life of a typical Japanese guy, and Japanese woman, you get to see their daily life: bbq, eat out on weeknight, chill, hangout, ..etc. Of course, we do the same in US, but you get to see what is it like in Japan as well, like Kagoshima, the Mystery Sake. :)

In Japan, when it comes to Love, it takes off really slow, just because most of them are conservative, except Mino, who is a active, outgoing person. I think this is a great TV-show for the couple, as well as a single out there. It gives you some ideas about relationship and how it works.

It starts off slow, but the dialogs, and slow relationship are interesting enough to make you want to see more.

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 18th, '05, 09:51

shinkuji wrote:hm.. i guess i am different. I don't like Densha Otoko just because it portrates of a otaku as a living zombie or a geek that think life isn't worth it anymore...

But i am impressed of how once he loves a girl, he will find a way to win her heart.

As for Slow Dance, I like it because if you are into the Japanese Culture, and as well as the life of a typical Japanese guy, and Japanese woman, you get to see their daily life: bbq, eat out on weeknight, chill, hangout, ..etc. Of course, we do the same in US, but you get to see what is it like in Japan as well, like Kagoshima, the Mystery Sake. :)

In Japan, when it comes to Love, it takes off really slow, just because most of them are conservative, except Mino, who is a active, outgoing person. I think this is a great TV-show for the couple, as well as a single out there. It gives you some ideas about relationship and how it works.

It starts off slow, but the dialogs, and slow relationship are interesting enough to make you want to see more.
I was thinking pretty much the same thing when I started watching this drama. From there drinking outings, to the size of there apartments, it gives you a pretty good idea of how Japanes really live. I really enjoy it for that. I also like how she said "American Style" when she didn't take her shoe off. So different from americans. I'm actually following there example and take my shoes off before entering my room...

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Oct 18th, '05, 09:55

I take off my shoes right at the main door too.

anyone have the translations to the theme song?

shinkuji

Post by shinkuji » Oct 18th, '05, 16:47

Most of or all of the Asian culture do take their shoes off, including me. :lol

Yeah, please post the translation for the Opening Song, and as well as the song title "Good Time" on eps 2, the one towards the end "35mins" or so... both are great songs.

tiongtiong

Post by tiongtiong » Oct 19th, '05, 06:59

I was hooked to this drama from eps. 1... well, it was kinda slow at the beginning, but when eps.1 ended, I couldn't wait to watch eps.2.. I just finished ep. 4 and I'm actually kinda confused with how the relationships are going.. there's too much chemistry between Riichi and Isaki, and I personally think it'd be too weird if they end up together...

Contrary to what other people think, I think the OST is awesome!! Most of the other dorama OST's contain mostly instrumental songs. Don't get me wrong, some of the instrumental songs are great... it's just that sometimes for me a dorama is more memorable with "vocal" soundtracks. Slow Dance has a great mix of songs, not just the opening theme, but also include other jazzy songs...

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 19th, '05, 17:41

I didn't think the OST was so great. I personally didn't like the opening theme. It's a little boring for me. The drama is great though. The relationships does seem a bit confusing at times, mostly due to everyone going back and forth. In my opinion, Isaki and Richi seem great together. I wonder what will happen to Ayumi and Mino...

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 19th, '05, 17:48

Old Ant wrote:I wonder if Hirosue got any acting lessons from Inamori Izumi during Long Vacation or Beach Boys because she's playing the part almost exactly the way Inamori did Momo. (But since I loved the character of Momo, I can't complain.)
Speaking of Long Vacation, does anyone know where I can get it? I searched for the torrents but no ones seems to have it.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 19th, '05, 18:02

i wouldn't say this drama was life-altering, but it's a must see~

i happen to be a fan of the entire cast. I really admire Fukatsu Eri ever since I watched "A Million Stars from the Sky". But for some reason, I couldn't watch this series straight through. I stopped every now and then to watch another series which only tells me I wasn't too hooked or anxious to watch the next episode. As much as I like Fukatsu-san in this drama, I found her annoying in the beginning because of her condescending attitude.
I was, however I was more interested in the developing love between the supporting characters. At first I thought the cool character played by Fujiki Naohito was mismatched with the ditzy persona played by Hirosue Ryoko...but the ending was cute
Also, I didn't find it credible that people didn't believe Tsumabuki Satoshi and Fujiki Naohito were related..............c'mon, they're both so good-looking! If they didn't want Tsumabuki Satoshi's character to be gorgeous, then they shouldn't have chosen him for the role.

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Oct 19th, '05, 20:04

albertoavena wrote:
Old Ant wrote:I wonder if Hirosue got any acting lessons from Inamori Izumi during Long Vacation or Beach Boys because she's playing the part almost exactly the way Inamori did Momo. (But since I loved the character of Momo, I can't complain.)
Speaking of Long Vacation, does anyone know where I can get it? I searched for the torrents but no ones seems to have it.
I dloaded long vacation from j-tv before, i dont know if they still have it up.

Can anyone here help seed episodes 4 and up of this drama?

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Oct 19th, '05, 23:19

Just finished this drama three days ago.
Not really a life altering drama, like what lilswtangel said a few posts above...but see it!

For the romance part, I felt it more from the Eisuke-Mino side.
What makes their story different is that there wasnt a big-bang explosion the first time they met. It was like a casual flirtatious meeting, but there's nothing special about it. And then after they slept together, you dont really know what's going on inside their minds especiallu Eisuke. And as for Mino, notice how she acts like a player around the other guys(Satoshi's friend and/or Eri's co-worker) but turns into a complete mute in front of Eisuke-san. My favorite scene from the whole drama was actually one of their scenes...when they were sitting for breakfast...Mino is getting tongue-tied again, and Eisuke said it out loud for her "I do love you Mino"-- :heart: :sweat: *melts*..ha ha ha,
For Fukatsu Eri and Satoshi, I'm not really a big fan of older woman-younger man relationship--the last one I've really enjoyed was Kimi wa petto. Regardless of the age,--thank god they didnt dwell on it too much--their story lies more within their dialogues and how they deliver them. Fukatsu Eri is an interesting person to listen to. One of the memorable ones was the "Obasan" discussion on Satoshi's couch. She gives life to her lines with the way she talks. Satoshi also made me laugh a few times. Especially whenever he tries to strike down Isaki-san with his two-minute-long wisecracks(Whoaa, dont u wanna breathe?) :lol . But he still has that boy-next-door charm from Orange Days except for his smoking habit in this drama. That kinda turned me off about 5%. I love their tandem--not as lovers...but as friends.

The OST rocks! I loveeeeeeeeeee Fukuyama Masaharu. Most of his drama theme songs are memorable. I also like the rendition of "Crazy Love" by Paul. My current favorite OST.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 20th, '05, 00:04

Hmm... Had to take a day or so to think about this one before replying. I'll watch anything with Eri in it, as she always brings a unique vibe to her characters. No exception here. Far and away the best job in this one.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this drama. While it was far from perfect, the two leads kept things going nicely. I wasn't nearly as impressed with the development or performance from the supporting cast, but that was more due to a lack in the writing department to me. Eisuke was a nice, but fairly one-dimensional character. Ryoko's Mino started out as an interesting character, but that whole mute stalker thing in the last several eps really turned me off to her character. Too much change from the playful, mischievious girl in the beginning to the self-conscious jealous creature toward the end. Still, I'd give her props for her first performance since reproducing. Isaki's mom was an entertaining bit of comic relief.

The two spurned ladies would have been more interesting if they'd been developed a bit. Reach's ex was incredibly cute (love that anime voice!!!), but seemed to be two people, depending on who she was talking to (Reach or his brother). That got a little old.
Eisuke's ex, on the other hand, looked to be a **** from hell in the beginning, but turned out to be a much bigger person than we originally thought. Eisuke, you let this one go?? She wasn't just out for your money, you moron!!! Aside from Eri, she was the most interesting character in the whole show. I'll be waiting for this actresses next project. Very nice.

Overall, I didn't see as much Long Vacation in this one as I thought I would. The age thing wasn't really a factor except for Isaki and Reach's initial impressions going into their relationship and her initially misreading her feelings about him because of her discomfort with thinking of a younger man that way. (Of course, liking his brother at first didn't help much...)

The title "Slow Dance" to me refers more to the long path they took to get together rather than anything else. (and did anyone notice that Reach's movie was titled "Slow Dances", not "Slow Dance"?

Definitely a See-It drama, though you could get by nicely without it. It's in my top 10 or 15 Japanese dramas, though Eri may have something to do with that....

shinkuji

Post by shinkuji » Oct 20th, '05, 00:11

well, since half or 57% of the people say "it's a must see", that should answer all the questions.

As for OST, I will give 2 thumbs up, cause it really go well with the drama.

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Oct 21st, '05, 08:16

im starting to like this drama more than densha...

tiongtiong

Post by tiongtiong » Oct 21st, '05, 16:46

Densha in my opinion is too overrated. The only part I enjoyed is the comments and facial expressions of the people in the forum and of course, Itoh Misaki :)

Cinemade

Post by Cinemade » Oct 21st, '05, 21:47

aNToK wrote: The title "Slow Dance" to me refers more to the long path they took to get together rather than anything else. (and did anyone notice that Reach's movie was titled "Slow Dances", not "Slow Dance"?
I didn't notice that, but I noticed when Reach was sitting in the director's chair it was written as "REACH" but then elsewhere (I forgot where exactly..) it was written as "Riichi." The english subs varied those two..but when I saw in the drama itself it was varied...I was like....what..???

shinkuji

Post by shinkuji » Oct 24th, '05, 04:07

tiongtiong wrote:Densha in my opinion is too overrated. The only part I enjoyed is the comments and facial expressions of the people in the forum and of course, Itoh Misaki :)
ya i agreed with ya, I didn't like it as much as Slow Dance. Maybe I just like the Slow part of the love life.. hehe..

ayahirayama

Post by ayahirayama » Oct 24th, '05, 05:16

this series was good, but i didnt really like the ending, it didint turn out the way i wanted

SPOILERS, highlight to read
i thought that mino should of ended up with Richi's friend and Richi should of end up with Ayumi because you cant really find out what was the problem they broke up in the first place, and lastly Isaki and Eisuke would of made a great couple since they seemed really happy in the scene when they were running in the rain.

tomeis1234

Post by tomeis1234 » Feb 24th, '06, 16:07

you know who is Paul the one who sang songs in the OST....? i searched in google....is it..Paul Simon Crazy love...hahahahha.....but indeed i found different lyric though.....and i'm interested in track no 6...the title of the song is 06 Thtee Years (橘佳奈) ....is Thtee or Three....? and what's the meaning of the kanji...anyone could help me out...thanks in advance....

tomeis1234

Post by tomeis1234 » Feb 25th, '06, 12:47

i already found out the song crazy love....actually sang by Ray Charles...and track no 6....hmm....member of "Dream" group ...hmm....forgot the name.....anyone got the lyric in romaji...and the translation for song..?

lissamae

Anyone out there?

Post by lissamae » Mar 21st, '06, 07:12

I am stuck at 99.7% for ep. 9, HELP!!!

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: Anyone out there?

Post by yt_toshi » Mar 21st, '06, 07:14

lissamae wrote:I am stuck at 99.7% for ep. 9, HELP!!!
This is not a place to ask for a seed request. Look for the "Seeding and Upload Request" forum.

jayph

Post by jayph » Jun 15th, '06, 05:04

anyone knows which episode when they were in a summer festival wearing yakuta

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Jul 2nd, '06, 00:56

I don't know what to rate this show yet in the poll 'cause I haven't finished watching it. Actually I just started watching it and am up to episode 3 right now. I had always wanted to see Satoshi Tsumabuki in another tv show for a while, but was hesistant about watching this show because I read some reviews on it from jdorama.com. Some people say that it's starts out slowly, but when I started watching the first episode, I found it to be quite enjoyable. I didn't notice any slow pacing or anything like that. It's just a nice, calming show. I can't wait to see the rest of it. So far, I give this show a "Probably Shouldn't Miss It".

sushi891

Post by sushi891 » Jul 13th, '06, 21:55

Wow, this is my first J-drama. I loved it. All the characters I loved, and the ending was great.
I didn't expect Ayumi to dump Riichi. They should be together!

Now I'm going to watch Oishii Kankei and see how it works out =P

Kuwa-Jiji

Post by Kuwa-Jiji » Jul 30th, '06, 16:21

I think this is probably one of the most underrated dramas out there. I really liked this drama a lot. I think that in order to enjoy it fully, you should watch it without epexcting any extraordinarily complicated plotlines or whatnot. Like the title implies, the series is about (well, I think anyways) the character's lives, and how they slowly dance around the decisions in their lives, not knowing which ones to make. I think a lot of people can relate to that. I haven't seen Long Vacation, so I can't compare the two, so tha tmight be another reason I like this drama so much. A++ from me. =)

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Aug 30th, '06, 06:20

I guess I'm one of the minority. I didn't really like this series that much. Even though I love Satoshi Tsumabuki (he was the only reason why I watched it in the first place), I thought the story dragged too much. The characters' personalities kind of bled together to me; no one spoke up about their feelings until a realllllllllly long time had passed. I didn't feel a lot of suspense from it either. I did think that the earlier episodes were much more enjoyable. But somehow or other, I felt the show lost some momentum somewhere. I don't think this show should be avoided though, but if you have a chance to watch it, then you might want to give it a try. You might like it.

incyphe

Post by incyphe » Aug 30th, '06, 20:57

Kuwa-Jiji wrote:I think this is probably one of the most underrated dramas out there. I really liked this drama a lot. I think that in order to enjoy it fully, you should watch it without epexcting any extraordinarily complicated plotlines or whatnot. Like the title implies, the series is about (well, I think anyways) the character's lives, and how they slowly dance around the decisions in their lives, not knowing which ones to make. I think a lot of people can relate to that. I haven't seen Long Vacation, so I can't compare the two, so tha tmight be another reason I like this drama so much. A++ from me. =)
I agree. This drama isn't plot driven, nor each episode self-contained like many jdoramas. You don't watch this drama expecting A to hook up with B or C.

Unlike many j-dorama, this one one just felt real to me. The atmosphere, the pace, relationships, personalities, etc. The only thing fake about this drama is how good looking these people are. lol

Having seen both Long Vacation and Slow Dance, I found Slow Dance much more enjoyable. LV might have been groundbreaking drama at its time, but I find many elements of the drama rather fake and hard to relate to.

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Sep 8th, '06, 03:20

I just back into watching this drama since stopping after 3 episodes (got lazy, for shame :glare:) and I'm finding it quite enjoyable. It doesn't cause too much anxiety but it doesn't seem to drag (yet?). Hope the rest will be a good watch too... :)

naoto

Post by naoto » Sep 14th, '06, 22:51

do you guys know any other torrent links for episodes 7,8,9,11? The ones here dead :(

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 16th, '06, 01:44

^ That's precisely why there's something called a Seeding and Upload Request Forum
:fear:

naoto

Post by naoto » Sep 16th, '06, 04:29

^yes I know there is request, but i wasn't going to bother asking for 4 eps seeding on an old drama not so popular, at best I'd get a few (wonderful person though) and the file would take forever to finish... my internet sooo slow.

NADDDD

Post by NADDDD » Nov 23rd, '06, 15:47

can i know who's currently uploaded this in youtube and any kind soul pls seed the torrents and whose clubbox has this ?

WinterParade

Post by WinterParade » Jan 17th, '07, 05:31

I recently uploaded the first ep for a friend so here's the link. I'll be uploading the rest of the series probably if enough people want it.

Episode 1

cruets

Post by cruets » Feb 1st, '07, 12:01

its 4am i just finished watching. ahhh sooo good. wish i could meet someone like isaki

gravill

Post by gravill » Feb 3rd, '07, 13:27

incyphe wrote:
Kuwa-Jiji wrote:I think this is probably one of the most underrated dramas out there. I really liked this drama a lot. I think that in order to enjoy it fully, you should watch it without epexcting any extraordinarily complicated plotlines or whatnot. Like the title implies, the series is about (well, I think anyways) the character's lives, and how they slowly dance around the decisions in their lives, not knowing which ones to make. I think a lot of people can relate to that. I haven't seen Long Vacation, so I can't compare the two, so tha tmight be another reason I like this drama so much. A++ from me. =)
I agree. This drama isn't plot driven, nor each episode self-contained like many jdoramas. You don't watch this drama expecting A to hook up with B or C.

Unlike many j-dorama, this one one just felt real to me. The atmosphere, the pace, relationships, personalities, etc. The only thing fake about this drama is how good looking these people are. lol

Having seen both Long Vacation and Slow Dance, I found Slow Dance much more enjoyable. LV might have been groundbreaking drama at its time, but I find many elements of the drama rather fake and hard to relate to.
I just finished watching this and I agree with this! Of course what got me interested first was because of Satoshi, but then I ended up really likeing it because somehow I can relate with their issues etc. etc. I like the bantering between Richii and Isaki and their lines just made me laugh ... as well as think at the same time.
I just didn't like much the love story of Mino and Eisuke.
I haven't seen Long Vacation yet, maybe this will be my next but some how, I like Slow Dance over Orange Days!

Moondy

Post by Moondy » May 11th, '07, 15:03

I finished to watch the episod 1..it is..normal :/
I m not fond of but i don't dislike

jkholic

Post by jkholic » May 11th, '07, 15:17

watched it because of Satoshi Tsumabuki and Fujiki Naohito...not too bad at least the ending was okay..

banpeikun

Post by banpeikun » Jul 10th, '07, 07:25

This was showing when I was visiting Taiwan, and I watched about three episodes. Sadly my Chinese reading skills are about the same as my Japanese listening skills, about 10-20%. So when I got back I found this site and downloaded the episodes. Looking forward to watching them :)