Korean-Japanese Idols

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
shtyr

Korean-Japanese Idols

Post by shtyr » Oct 23rd, '05, 17:52

I was looking to see if I could find any actors or actresses with mixed Korean&Japanese background. Its not easy to do on a search engine. Does anyone know of such people in any of the Kdramas or Jdramas? And my mixed, I mean one Japanese parent and one Korean parent, Not someone like Bae-sama, though he is a cool guy and all...

groink

Post by groink » Oct 23rd, '05, 20:03

I don't think she's an idol by definition, but singer Yuna Ito is mixed Japanese/Korean. Her song from NANA is currently number-one in the ORICON pop charts. I personally know her parents (dad is Japanese, mom is Korean.)

--- groink

shtyr

But....

Post by shtyr » Oct 26th, '05, 00:24

Isn't there a girl band that also has a Japanese-Korean member? I think the girl band is Korean actually... I saw it on Arirang once....

2triky

Re: But....

Post by 2triky » Oct 26th, '05, 00:27

The actrress/singer Sonim is actually of Korean descent but third-generation born in Japan...not of mixed heritage but a woman who speaks Korean and Japanese fluently...she appeared in KouKou Kyouhi 2003, Moto Kare as well as having a cameo appearance in the Densha Otoko Special
Last edited by 2triky on Oct 27th, '05, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

crystalis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crystalis » Oct 27th, '05, 06:38

Ayumi from korean girl band Sugar?
Pic of her:

As well as actress Yoomin...

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Oct 27th, '05, 17:30

Ayumi is 100% Korean
Yoomin is 100% Japanese

:P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 27th, '05, 17:41

really? I think I heard something about one of the girls from Sugar being Japanese :unsure: it was sometime when they were preparing a single in Japanese or something but I may be wrong...

shtyr

Post by shtyr » Oct 27th, '05, 18:48

Hey, its not like there is no one out there (Ito Yuna is truly mixed), but I'm sort of surprised there are no others...

I mean, I heard that Japanese people are culturally very exclusive, but I thought that was only against non-Asians, especially non-Whites. But Not even Korean people seem to b able to integrate their culture and community into Japan at all...Maybe I'm wrong.

2triky

Post by 2triky » Oct 27th, '05, 19:15

shtyr wrote:Hey, its not like there is no one out there (Ito Yuna is truly mixed), but I'm sort of surprised there are no others...

I mean, I heard that Japanese people are culturally very exclusive, but I thought that was only against non-Asians, especially non-Whites. But Not even Korean people seem to b able to integrate their culture and community into Japan at all...Maybe I'm wrong.
"cultural isolation" and "racial purity" are themes that are well represented, historically, throughout japan's development. the modern time in which we live in is but one logical consequence of these historical antecedents. given the particulars of japanese history, did you expect anything different?

DareDesuKa
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DareDesuKa » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:29

In some ways Japan is more racist against other asians... there's an old category of people in Japanese history called eta, which are, if I recall correctly, partially Japanese, partially other asian. They might have also been born in japan of foreign ethnicity, not sure.

But they were treated like dirt, banned from many things in the past, the Meiji constitution officially obolished the eta classification, but the racism isn't entirely gone.

All foreigners in Japan are discriminated against. White culture, especially english speaking, has the advantage of being "cool," and thus recently, whites are probably better off than asians.

Though racism is a lot less in japan than it used to be, it's still strong.

2triky

Post by 2triky » Nov 28th, '05, 06:10

okay i have a quick question....not technically about an idol but it concerns a japanese-korean model.

i know that japanese male celebrity yutaka takenouchi is currently in a relationship with hawaiian born japanese-korean model Brenda....i attempted to look up a photo of her out of curiousity but i couldn't find one...does anybody have one by any chance or, if not, could you point to a website that does? thanks.

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Nov 28th, '05, 20:22

im just wondering but why are you looking for a actor/actress thats mixed with japanease and korean

2triky

Post by 2triky » Nov 28th, '05, 22:59

Daisukimaru wrote:im just wondering but why are you looking for a actor/actress thats mixed with japanease and korean
i don't think your post is directed at me specifically but i'll just reiterate that i'm looking for pictures of a particular model who HAPPENS to have Japanese and Korean ancestry.

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Nov 28th, '05, 23:04

i see =]

2triky

Post by 2triky » Nov 28th, '05, 23:13

Daisukimaru wrote:i see =]
:)

like i said in my one of my earlier posts...the model's name is brenda from hawaii...she's going out with japanese yutaka takenouchi....i tried to find a picture of her on the web but i had no luck...it's ain't no big thang...just curious.

peace!