7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Nov 1st, '05, 10:21

Aprisea wrote:Pffff....I prefer the Taiwanese version! I fall in love with F4,Jerry Yan is so hot!
It'll be boring when I know the storie from manga, anime and Twdorama XDDDD
Finally got to watch the first two episodes, can't wait to see the next eps.
I think the japanese version is more compact, and i'm interested in watching to know which are the differences.
i love both version.
i think rui is played better in the taiwanese version (with zz playing rui, it feels more mysterious). But I surely love MatsuJun. couldn't choose, matsujun or jerry yan :P

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 1st, '05, 15:11

LOL it's incredibly hard not to fangirl about jun, but i'll try to contain my excitement =D

@ fybabe: the experiences i've had with chinese forums are scary~~ some chinese fans can be really really harsh to 'protect' their idols. i personally can't see how it's not possible to watch past the first 15 minutes even if you're a huge tw!mg fan. but in any case, quite a few chinese fans bash the 'opposition' to pieces, really just to make themselves feel better ^^''' perhaps they're just more protective of their idols (although, despite being chinese myself, i don't agree with their methods, but i guess we can be quite opinionated sometimes ^^''')

the viewership rating for episode 2 was 19.3%!!! hopefully it'll go over 20 next week with matsushima nanako's appearance, but even so, it's doing remarkably well for a drama that was apparently a late minute substitution for another drama that was originally airing this season. what i still can't fathom is where they found such a budget for this drama - what with all the name brands, the grand buildings, the flashy cars - perhaps the substituted drama also required a heavy expense ^^'''

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 1st, '05, 15:25

oh unkei!! i'm not saying we can't be fangirlish!!!
i was just encouraging others to write as well!!
i totally enjoy drooling over jun!

as for ratings, the high point was 27% at the part when nanako kicked domyoji!haha! so folks actually stayed to watch the trailer for nanako! ^^

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Nov 1st, '05, 15:44

That's right, I think I'm starting to like Jun more in this drama. But then, I think it's okay to discuss his acting in this thread, because commenting on the actor's portrayal of the character is also part of a discussion, ne :)? I was very impressed with the subtlety of that particular scene so I just had to voice it out, lol.

Personally, I don't see why people have to be so harsh on this drama. It's an adaptation from a manga, so it needs to be faithful to the original storyline. However, if you think about it, there is the manga, the anime, a movie, and even a Taiwanese live action for HYD already, so to depict every single detail in the manga onto this drama is pretty repetitive. I think that the HYD staff deliberately film this drama a little differently, so that even though it's the same old story, there's still a freshness in the plot. I have no problem with that at all. I was pretty disappointed with the number of episodes at first, but then when I heard about the complication behind it (HYD being a late substitution, limited time to recruit actors, etc..), I came to appreciate the efforts the staff and actors have put into this series.

The rating for episode 2 was 19.3%? It's pretty good. Some said that the first episode has an average rating of 18% or something, and there's also talk about the ratings being 23%?? Can anyone confirm what's the actual rating for the first episode? I'm just curious XD

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 1st, '05, 15:58

mikomi wrote:The rating for episode 2 was 19.3%? It's pretty good. Some said that the first episode has an average rating of 18% or something, and there's also talk about the ratings being 23%?? Can anyone confirm what's the actual rating for the first episode? I'm just curious XD
lol yeah it is pretty confusing. for episode one, the average rating overall was 18.3%. however, the highest viewership point was 23.1%. for episode two, the average rating was 19.3%, but as fybabe mentioned, the highest point was 27%.

~~

LOL this is a bit random, but when i saw jun's outfit for shizuka's party all i could think was 'g no arashi!'. he was also the only one who didn't wear a necktie...haha i would love to see him in one though =D

has anyone noticed the interesting 'dark and light'/'devil and angel' thing happening with tsukasa and rui? when tsukasa dresses tsukushi up, he puts her in a black dress. rui (through shizuka) donns tsukushi in an angelic white gown. on top of that, tsukasa's always wearing dark clothing, whereas rui is always wearing light clothing. tsukasa's mansion is eerie and dark, whereas rui's emergency staircase is lighted, and even when tsukushi meets rui at night in front of shizuka's posters, there are pretty lights all along the sidewalk =D

yes, i've read too much into this drama...

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 1st, '05, 16:15

yes! i did notice!
i think jun and shun make a great light vs dark couple!
actually that black dress also sort of subtly hints that jun wanna dress tsukushi like his sis! i mean nanako wears alot of similar black gowns in the photographs in her room!

gingin

Post by gingin » Nov 1st, '05, 17:10

I personally did not like what I saw of Meteor Garden. I may note I did not see all episodes.

The general opinion seems that the Taiwanese actors are hotter, but that the Japanese have better acting skills and better props/locations.

Of course this is all personal preference in the end, but I'd say, purely on global esthetic visions according to bone-structure...the taiwanese are prettier.
For me personally, the fact that they were pretty did not provide a special factor for me to be glued to the screen. Handsome is nice, but if the rest like acting, script, props etc isn' t, it's still missing essentialities to make it good.

Even though it was the guys' first real acting job, that makes it no real excuse for their mediocre performance. Of course you have a long way to go as a beginning actor, but you do expect a lot from your audience as a director (and casting director) when you show the viewers something that, on occasion, almost matches along the lines of amateuristic. Giving un-experienced actors Leads instead of supporting roles is a big risk and sometimes it just doesn't turn out that well.
So in that respect, it's really not just the actors who might have needed to do a better job.
If they wanted a more solid performance they should have opted for a more experienced cast, or at least mixed to even it out more.
Even if they fit the image physically up to near perfectly, it doesn't come across one bit if the rest of it doesn't. Regardless of that. I don't say all of them are bad actors now, just that they were too green back then to carry the show.

I find the Japanese props/fashion/locations much better. It's more convincing, has allure and a glamourous feel. The total quality of it all is what makes it believable.
Though, according to global esthetic visions according to bone-structure...the taiwanese are prettier, the Japanese 2 leading boys have indeed better acting skills, and a lot of screentime already behind them.
If they physically fit the bill perfectly...maybe not, but who says it's not legitimite to sacrifice a little of that to gain a lot more?

I can name a lot of actors I find esthetically to the eye, more pleasing, but not in any other way more truly enjoyable than Jun and Shun. These boys have something special, something compelling that *makes* me *want* to see them. Call it the x-factor if you want, but they do have it. (you can make a new discussion whether they have it in this particular series, but that would depend on a few things amongst which reading the manga would be one)

Since I'm not either burdened nor enriched by reading the manga, I have no trouble with Jun being too small or not muscular enough, or too mean or Shun being a little more smile-happy and a little less mysterious a Rui then in the manga. I can see how that might be disappointing a few, but also in this case, I want to say, it's not only in the hands of the actor who colours in the role, but also the director.
Furthermore, we've just seen episode 2. There's a lot that can possibly turn for the right or the wrong in future episodes.

As a last thing, so far, I cheer for for the Japanese Tsukushi. She's doing a wonderful job. Consistent and rounded acting overall. Very enjoyable to watch. Thumbs up for her!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 1st, '05, 17:43

unkei wrote:
mikomi wrote:The rating for episode 2 was 19.3%? It's pretty good. Some said that the first episode has an average rating of 18% or something, and there's also talk about the ratings being 23%?? Can anyone confirm what's the actual rating for the first episode? I'm just curious XD
lol yeah it is pretty confusing. for episode one, the average rating overall was 18.3%. however, the highest viewership point was 23.1%. for episode two, the average rating was 19.3%, but as fybabe mentioned, the highest point was 27%.

~~

LOL this is a bit random, but when i saw jun's outfit for shizuka's party all i could think was 'g no arashi!'. he was also the only one who didn't wear a necktie...haha i would love to see him in one though =D

has anyone noticed the interesting 'dark and light'/'devil and angel' thing happening with tsukasa and rui? when tsukasa dresses tsukushi up, he puts her in a black dress. rui (through shizuka) donns tsukushi in an angelic white gown. on top of that, tsukasa's always wearing dark clothing, whereas rui is always wearing light clothing. tsukasa's mansion is eerie and dark, whereas rui's emergency staircase is lighted, and even when tsukushi meets rui at night in front of shizuka's posters, there are pretty lights all along the sidewalk =D

yes, i've read too much into this drama...
yup yup , now that you mention , akaka , my favourrite colors are always black & white , akakakak :alcoholic:

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 1st, '05, 17:55

hey fybabe i was talkin bout jun in gokusen :D i know they both were in gokusen but i didnt really remember shun cuz i just watched like a few episodes of it :D (didnt like the girl's acting :roll ) anyway many ppl think that jun shouldnt be selected for the role in hyd cuz of his height... i was skeptical bout that at first too but now he has totally convinced me of his ability...after watchin him i knew that i wouldnt want a handsome tall wellbuilt amateur with no watsoever actin skills to play tsukasa cuz it would be even a bigger disappointment hehehe :D

Eria

Post by Eria » Nov 1st, '05, 20:26

just saw ep 2. speaking of eyes, i loved jun's expression when he was
waiting for tsukushi to clean his shoe
he had this restless at the same time relentless look in his eyes. kahkah-kawaii! :wub: . oh, and when those
3 breezes poured their drinks on tsukushi,
you can see jun's eyes from afar. he looked like he's about to devour those 3 with that glare. definitely thought about GnoArashi with his outfit.

about all that bashing, it's better to just get over it. people are born with opinions. either get over it or tell them to not shove it. and make sure you know where you stand too.

nevertheless, can't wait for the next ep. (warning: cheesy cliche')i find myself getting a dosage of jun everyday to survive. i feel like instead of having a good and a bad side, i have a 14 year old and a 25 year old mentality. the 14 y.o. says omg, he's so kawaii! and the 25 y.o. says, what in the world are you doing? you're 25 for crying out loud! it's a battle everyday in this lil brain of mine. wahahahaha! :lol :mrgreen:

*edited cuz i forgot the spoiler tags. gomennasai.
Last edited by Eria on Nov 2nd, '05, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 1st, '05, 20:31

gingin wrote:
I can name a lot of actors I find esthetically to the eye, more pleasing, but not in any other way more truly enjoyable than Jun and Shun. These boys have something special, something compelling that *makes* me *want* to see them. Call it the x-factor if you want, but they do have it. (you can make a new discussion whether they have it in this particular series, but that would depend on a few things amongst which reading the manga would be one)
Yep! ... definitly they have something....
hihi A X-factor...
because i wanna buy them and bring they to my home in a beatufil present box for my birthday!!! \o/
I do like F4 from Meteor Garden...
But i like too Matsumoto Jun and Ogurin Shun...
and i think that japanese has better acting too...
But i still like very much Meteor Garden...
because has all the things that i mostly like in HYD...

delsxyz

A friend of mine gave me this url

Post by delsxyz » Nov 1st, '05, 21:00

A friend of mine gave me this url by mail
http://news.livedoor.com/webapp/journal ... 554/detail
It looks like TBS produced this drama in haste, without expecting
anything but filling in time slot.

copy and paste
芸能

天才子役・井上真央の素顔
 TBSドラマ「花より男子(だんご)」の主役・井上真央(18)の評判が関係者の間でうなぎ上りだ。秋ドラマの初回視聴率で「危険なアネキ」(フジテレビ)、「熟年離婚」(テレビ朝日)に続いて第3位(18.3%)をマークした。

「実は、企画もキャスティングも“苦し紛れ”に決めた作品です。直前まで別の企画を進めていたが、調整不足でポシャったため、これまで何度も映画化、アニメ化された同作品でカバーしたんです。ところがフタを開けてみればビックリの結果で、“井上の実力”と評価されているのです」(制作関係者)

井上は1987年1月、神奈川県生まれで、現在、明治大学文学部の1年生。お茶の間にはTBSの昼ドラマ「キッズ・ウォー」の茜役と言った方が分かりやすいか。

「小さい頃から劇団東俳に所属し、5歳でいきなり『学校が危ない!』『真夏の刑事』などで子役デビュー。その後も『水戸黄門』『暴れん坊将軍』などで着実に実績を重ね、『キッズ・ウォー』で主役に抜擢されたのは12歳の時。不良になりそうな同級生を“ざけんなよ”などと叱りつける茜役が好評で、シリーズは5回を重ね、井上は“天才子役”などとうたわれたものです」(芸能記者)

キャスティングがドタバタだった「花より男子」には、第3話(11月4日)から松嶋菜々子が登場することも決定。「天才子役」と「視聴率女王」の合体で、一気に秋ドラマのトップに躍り出る可能性も出てきた。

【2005年10月27日掲載】

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 1st, '05, 21:22

@sunmoon: Do spoil CC for me so I can see your point or don't bring the subject up at all. Blaming me for saying something supposedly incorrect without clarifying anything doesn't really help, right? I sincerly apologized to you for saying something that apparently hurt you, so there's no need for you to sulk or anything.

@yamatsumi:
no I meant kowaii hehe thinking of myself turning into MatsuJun's fangirl is kinda scary but eh I guess it's too late now anyway

Well in this case I'm sorry to say it's "kowai" and not "kowaii". (and don't you even dare try to tell me the unnecessary second i was due to some weird exclamanation. :P)
Anyways, we won't let go of you so you might as well give in to your fate at last and accept your life as a Jun fangirl. On this note, please make the "kowai" (or "kowaii" in your case) a "kawaii" instead. :mrgreen:
this is amazing how well he can act!!! just compare this cold look to his puppy eyes in kimi wa petto!! omg I definitely prefer him as Tsukasa
I've seen only pictures of KwP but since I had originally planned on watching some drama that Jun starred in, I decided for Gokusen since this was the one where Jun's character supposedly came Doumyouji's the closest. When I watched the 7th episode of Gokusen again a couple of days ago, I was surprised how much he has changed ever since. His skin looked so tender back then. I notice only now how young he actually looked in the role of Sawada. (Still I got to say I prefer his looks in Gokusen.)

@TragicKingdom: I loved their first album. I have it, too. To my surprise they got better with each album though. Their new sound is really cool. They used to play more rock before whereas there are now unexpected influences of R'n B and... J-POP!! :cheers:
For Gwen's part, that is.
I guess in that sense, Jerry Yan (Tai Tsukasa) does have a better built. But but but, I'm biased about Jun. ^^;;~ Jun's eyes are really impressive in HYD.

Well... I re watched the third episode of MG today and I must say as much as I like Hanadan, I realized it sure lacks of the humor I'm used to from the manga and the anime. Even MG managed to do some really funny scenes. As for Hanadan there is that weird owner of the dango shop that's kind of funny and sometimes Tsukushi's family is. The acting of practically everyone in MG is awful (the only exceptions I can think of are the elder actors such as Shancai's parents, Daoming Sui's mother, his nanny and his 'boss' servant; then again their roles are probably a lot easier to play) but what eventually really put me off were the latter episodes, which was when the show lost its original humor. I remembered only today that the first episodes are quite good though, if you ignore their poor acting. However, I prefer the Japanese version with its cast anyway. (Except for Doumyouji's mother who is way too cute and lovely whereas Daoming Su's mother really looks like someone that could easily frighten off others. ^^; I kind of like Shancai's parents better as they are closer to the original without seeming unrealistic.)
Back to the topic. Jun's eyes are amazing. His acting seriously leaves me speechless. It's a pity he seems to lay his main focus on the music. Then again I've heard only one of his songs which probably makes it hard for me to judge. ^^; But honestly... That ditsy (in a funny way) Hanadan opening is nothing I had expected from a band with a name that translates to "Storm". :roll
So I'm all for Jun. I really want more interaction between tsukushi and tsukasa!!

Me too... *sigh* I miss such scenes as the one from the manga / anime
when Doumyouji comes to school with straighten hair and Tsukushi tells him she likes it, but then breaks out into laugher because his hair suddenly goes back to normal. It's basically just a stupid meaningless scene but I love it anyway because it pictures the two of them eventually starting to respect each other in some strange way (maybe because they accept being on equal footing?).
@shiruchan:
My fave scene in this episode 2 is
when he looks at Tsukushi smiling at Rui with those jealous/sad/desperate eyes like he was thinking something like that: "why do you smile at him and not at me?? why not meee???"
That reminds me so much of the scene in the manga / anime
when he heads Tsukushi off that night before the basketball game: He tries to kiss her but she refuses and he asks: "Why? Why Rui? Why does it have to be my best friend? WHY NOT ME?"
I'm on the verge of starting to cry when I only think of that scene. :-(
I usually like it when characters (wheather in manga / anime or drama) are being jealous but sometimes it also makes me sympathize the one being jealous. Just like in the end of episode 2. I think Doumyouji was really hurt when she smiled at Rui which is why I cannot think like: "Hey, that **** deserves getting the taste of not being the number one!" or anything... if you know what I mean. ;)
Ohhhh~~~~ Tsukasa, why are you not real?
I wonder that everyday, up to the point of having dreams of him... which makes me kind of feel like I'm nuts or anything. *sigh*

---

@everyone: I don't know who it was that said in this thread that MG often sort of insults our intelligence for spelling everything out. That's exactly what I thought at many points of the series. But the worst I remember is
when Shancai was bullied by everyone after the fake photo was spread and Doumyouji shouts at her: "You betrayed me!" I think this was a very silly line considering it 1. ruined the impression of him leaving under shock without any bad intentions or the slightest clue of what will happen to her, and 2. because his thoughts and feelings are obvious enough in the manga and anime when he silently leaves. And keep in mind, Hanadan is Shoujo which is *don't hit me* basically geared towards little girls.
And yes, Mao-chan alias Tsukushi often reminds me of Ayu. :glare: I'm not fond of their resemblance though as Ayu is everything Tsukushi isn't supposed to be. (Rich would be the first thing. :mrgreen: )

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Nov 1st, '05, 23:50

forgot how much I despise F4

rhap

Post by rhap » Nov 1st, '05, 23:55

Ahhh! The second episode was excellent. If it continues at the this rate, it'll definitely blow MG out of the water. I can't wait until the third episode. however, it's sad to think that there are only seven episodes until the end.

I love the setting and the clothes are cool as well - esp. Tsukasa's jacket (the one he wore at Shikuza's party). Also, Tsukushi's dress was pretty nice - much better than Shan Cai's transformation (what was with the hole in the dress?) - however, i didn't agree with the fluffy thing. And thier richness is effectively conveyed - so many brand names.

Then again, apparently MG couldn't pull off the rich look as well because of the limited funds they had. however, they didn't really give a rich vibe in MG2 either.

Jeez, i think i'm comparing HYD to MG too much...

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 2nd, '05, 00:40

@kathleen: im not sulkin or anythin... thats y i said id stop this conversation... i dont think it'd be appropriate to tell the reasons why u were wron about candy in this HYD thread ... besides the best explanation u can get is to read the manga itself -.- and if u dont want to then feel free to think that what u said was right ... i wont try to convince u anymore ... i just voiced my opinion as a person who has already READ CC.. my point was "plz dont jump to the conclusion of a manga be4 u even read it" and if u dont wanna believe me then its fine... so lets stop here ok. i dont wanna argue bout smth as little as this and so if u still want to think about CC as wat u said in ur previous posts then its fine with me... im goin to study for my midterm 2mr :(
sorry every1 if we have annoyed u with this CC talk :(
--- back to HYD, i think the manga is so perfect hehe :D so it ll be hard to have a drama that can portray exactly every aspect of the original manga... thats y im happy enough w J-HYD ^^ its very close to what i expected, especially Inoue :D

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 2nd, '05, 00:50

You were the one who wrote me a message in the first place... :roll But oh well...

I'm a huge fan of the manga but I don't think it to be perfect. There are too many chapters that seemed sort of like fillers to me, plus Tsukushi's stubbornness often enough reached the point of causing me terrible headaches. (That's why I curse myself for reading and actually being fond of such stories. They bother me so much, yet I cannot help but loving them. :wub: )

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 2nd, '05, 01:01

Kathleen wrote: Anyways, we won't let go of you so you might as well give in to your fate at last and accept your life as a Jun fangirl. On this note, please make the "kowai" (or "kowaii" in your case) a "kawaii" instead. :mrgreen:

:rofl: don't worry I'm not going anywhere..I can't even if I want to lol...is there some kind of therapy for fangirls or there's no hope at all?
eh thanks God no one else was home when I was watching HYD XD
(ups, sorry it's just that writing any japanese word in romaji makes me think too much :roll)
Eria wrote:i find myself getting a dosage of jun everyday to survive. i feel like instead of having a good and a bad side, i have a 14 year old and a 25 year old mentality. the 14 y.o. says omg, he's so kawaii! and the 25 y.o. says, what in the world are you doing? you're 25 for crying out loud! it's a battle everyday in this lil brain of mine. wahahahaha! Laugh Mr. Green
that's exactly what I was talking about :mrgreen: that's why I can't change it to kawaii after all :P
Kathleen wrote:I've seen only pictures of KwP but since I had originally planned on watching some drama that Jun starred in, I decided for Gokusen since this was the one where Jun's character supposedly came Doumyouji's the closest. When I watched the 7th episode of Gokusen again a couple of days ago, I was surprised how much he has changed ever since. His skin looked so tender back then. I notice only now how young he actually looked in the role of Sawada. (Still I got to say I prefer his looks in Gokusen.)
really? I actually didn't like him in Gokusen that much...I think there was nothing special about Sawada hihi but maybe it's because I was thinking about Shun-chan & Nari all the time :wub: but kimi wa petto was cute...I really wouldn't mind finding MatsuJun in that box hehe I'd take a good care of him :twisted:

oh and someone mentioned this black\white opposition before ne~ I think she looked better at the beginning of the ep in that black dress + better hairstyle :D but the opposition itself is very well done. was it the same in MG/manga/anime?

ohhhh I can't wait for next ep :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS which spoilers are dorama spoilers? and which one are story spoilers? :unsure:

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 2nd, '05, 01:36

gingin wrote:Even though it was the guys' first real acting job, that makes it no real excuse for their mediocre performance. Of course you have a long way to go as a beginning actor, but you do expect a lot from your audience as a director (and casting director) when you show the viewers something that, on occasion, almost matches along the lines of amateuristic. Giving un-experienced actors Leads instead of supporting roles is a big risk and sometimes it just doesn't turn out that well.
So in that respect, it's really not just the actors who might have needed to do a better job.
i've never found someone i agree with more =D there were quite a few ppl who said that it's 'unfair' to 'compare' the actors from hyd to the actors from mg. they're not defending their idols at all, by implying that people aren't allowed to compare the acting just because everyone knows they suck already =___= it is also a mistake of the staff, and not the actors, for casting all five of the leads with unexperienced actors.

haha jun definitely has that x factor!! i know he's not fantastic looking or anything (i've heard ppl say he looks like a frog!), but he was the first member of arashi i liked, because his presence always seem to keep your eyes glued to the screen. haha the fact that he's short, has incredibly pouty lips, and bad complexion all get thrown to the back with his convincing acting, his ability to make a character distinctly his own, and his charisma. that's why i've always liked jun actually...cause he's so charismatic =D and as for shun, i've loved him ever since his shy little role in gto. i really hope that after hyd, he'll get his first lead role, because he's totally deserving of it =D

as for the members of f4, i have to admit that their faces are good-looking, but i've never had a taste for buff guys...which is why i ended up only liking vic out of the four. and it's why i prefer the slim boys from japan over the buffier ones from china, tw and korea ^^'''''
Eria wrote:definitely thought about GnoArashi with his outfit.
haha when i first saw it...i thought it was THE GnoArashi outfit, and i was just like "wtf...?!". lol for ppl who don't know what jun's GnoArashi outfit looks like, here's a cap~~ (GnoArashi is Arashi's regular tv variety show)

Image Image
Image awwww...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 2nd, '05, 01:40

don't worry I'm not going anywhere..I can't even if I want to

Ha! Easy for you to say now. Trying to downplay your loss to the Jun-Fangirl-itis© by making it seem it was all your decision to stay. :cussing:

(©: name of a modern desease that first came out in the 21st century and apparently affected only girls with a very good taste in men 8))
lol...is there some kind of therapy for fangirls or there's no hope at all?
eh thanks God no one else was home when I was watching HYD XD
I was thinking the same. Hanadan makes me sort of spastic. I tend to cry and madly laugh at the weirdest scenes. Even though they are not even sad or especially funny, my emotions seem to go all haywire. ^^;
really? I actually didn't like him in Gokusen that much...I think there was nothing special about Sawada hihi but maybe it's because I was thinking about Shun-chan & Nari all the time :wub: but kimi wa petto was cute...I really wouldn't mind finding MatsuJun in that box hehe I'd take a good care of him :twisted:
I really like Sawada's character. He turned out being my second best loved of male favourite characters.
oh and someone mentioned this black\white opposition before ne~ I think she looked better at the beginning of the ep in that black dress + better hairstyle :D but the opposition itself is very well done. was it the same in MG/manga/anime?
First of all let me say Shancai's dress in Meteor Garden was really weird. Lol. According to your question: It was none of both. The dress she wore at Doumyouj's place was the ugliest outfit she ever wore. It was some kind of jumper that was awfully mixed with same as ugly accecoirs and a vest that previously may have belonged to a banker.
The dress she wears at Shizuka's party was yellow with red dots. There wasn't any intention to contrast those two make-ups of her though. If you'd like to look for any you could say she was dressed up in a really unsophisticated way at Doumyouji's house, while Shizuka dressed her up like a clown. :P
PS which spoilers are dorama spoilers? and which one are story spoilers?
ah, sorry. The first one to TragicKingdom is a spoiler to the anime / manga.
Shiru-chan's spoiler that I quoted from is from the drama. I spoiled on the anime / manga in my reply to her. And in my message to everyone I referred to MG.
Last edited by Kathleen on Nov 2nd, '05, 11:19, edited 2 times in total.

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Nov 2nd, '05, 01:56

Well I can't wait for the basketball scene thing, where Tsukasa gets upset Tsukushi doesn't like him. That kind of desperation and passion is what I like most about Doumyoji. Anyway, iIn the preview of the third episode, what was he doing running around Tsukushi and then saying something to her and running away? I can't remember what scene this was in the manga...

And I STILL don't see what's the big fuss with Jun's "jealous" acting scenes, I really thinks he looks too forced and just looks overall really pissed off. I don't see any of the "longing" or anything; I just think the pace is just too quick for that to register well. It's like Tsukasa is already mad jealous that Tsukushi is smiling at Rui and not him by the second episode?? I'd liked to have seen more of the development of his feelings. Because in the first episode, why would Tsukushi smile for him when he was insulting her by saying all poor people want to dress like the elite anyway. I guess you could say he thought he was doing her a favor. Whatever, this is so Pride and Prejudice it's funny.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 2nd, '05, 02:12

moonlit wrote:Anyway, iIn the preview of the third episode, what was he doing running around Tsukushi and then saying something to her and running away? I can't remember what scene this was in the manga...
he was asking her out on a date~ remember in the manga when all he said to her was the location and time and then ran off~
[/spoiler]

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Nov 2nd, '05, 02:28

^^ Oh yeah!! THANKS!! And then he waited for her for 3 hours or something and got a fever right?

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 2nd, '05, 02:47

moonlit wrote:Well I can't wait for the basketball scene thing, where Tsukasa gets upset Tsukushi doesn't like him. That kind of desperation and passion is what I like most about Doumyoji. Anyway, iIn the preview of the third episode, what was he doing running around Tsukushi and then saying something to her and running away? I can't remember what scene this was in the manga...

And I STILL don't see what's the big fuss with Jun's "jealous" acting scenes, I really thinks he looks too forced and just looks overall really pissed off.
About the basketball scene: I think it´s cool, but I don´t know if they´ll show it on drama. I would prefer another scenes to be shown, like the ones I´ve listed as my fave 5.

About Jun´s jealous scene. Thinking well, we´re over rating his acting. Ok, he´s good, he´s acting well as Tsukasa - and I can´t imagine anyone better than Jun to play Tsukasa, seriously -, but that scene wasn´t so fantastic at all, neither his acting. He´s good, but not GREAT.
Anyway, I´m very impressed with his job, since I always thought those Johnny´s guys were just looks and no talent. I agree when almost everyone says Jun´s eyes talk. He can show his emotions very well. And like some of you said before, he has some appeal, that charm that makes you keep on watching and not getting over seeing his face even if you have seen the same scene, the same expression a million times before! That´s why I´m impressed. (And actually, falling for him). Back to reality: it doesn´t make me think he´s the best actor at all. I guess I need to watch the whole series to get a final conclusion.

Katheleen:
You actually remember everything of manga!!!
I remembered it also. Tsukasa looked so pity on that scene that I couldn´t think too: "this guy deserves it!"
Or maybe, we like so much Tsukasa that we just can´t hate him! :wub:
I wonder how people who never read manga, watched MG nor anime thinks about Tsukasa on this drama. Do they think like us, who already know the whole story? Or do they think: "this bastard needs some lesson, deserves to suffer!"? My friend is going to watch it and I would like to know her thoughts about Tsukasa... and about Rui too.
Last edited by shiruchan on Nov 2nd, '05, 03:33, edited 2 times in total.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 2nd, '05, 02:52

moonlit wrote:^^ Oh yeah!! THANKS!! And then he waited for her for 3 hours or something and got a fever right?
Moonlit, be careful. You may be spoiling something! Hahahaha!!
Yeah, it´s that scene!!! He waited for Tsukushi for 4 hours under snow and without an umbrella! Poor Tsukasa! That´s one of my favorite scenes on manga - when they go inside the elevator! Hope it´s gonna show on drama too.

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Nov 2nd, '05, 03:01

I'm a big HYD fan, and enjoyed the Taiwanese version of HYD as much as I could, despite the amateurish acting and the rather bare-bones set and cinematography. I've been waiting for a Japanese version of HYD for a long time, and am totally psyched by this new series.

I haven't seen Matsumoto Jun in any other dramas yet, but I must say that I am slightly surprised by how much he seems to appeal to me. Like others have said, he doesn't exactly grab your attention with his looks, but he seems to exude a certain charisma that forces you to pay attention to him. I think he's a great Domyouji so far, although I'm curious to see as to how far the series takes the characters, considering that only 9 episodes are schedule to air (compared with the Taiwanese version, which had more than 20 episodes).

As for comparisons between the Taiwanese and Japanese F4...well, the Japanese series is set in high school, just like the manga, while the Taiwanese version takes place in a university, which could account for some of the differences. I think that the Japanese actors do a much better job of portraying the F4 and have a much better range of expression than the Taiwanese actors. Aesthetically, I think the Taiwanese F4 is a lot more...rugged, but the Japanese F4 are much better actors.

I'm totally excited for episode 3, and am really psyched to see how the scriptwriters manage to adapt the whole series into only 9 episodes!

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 2nd, '05, 06:26

kitsune714 wrote:I haven't seen Matsumoto Jun in any other dramas yet, but I must say that I am slightly surprised by how much he seems to appeal to me. Like others have said, he doesn't exactly grab your attention with his looks, but he seems to exude a certain charisma that forces you to pay attention to him. I think he's a great Domyouji so far, although I'm curious to see as to how far the series takes the characters, considering that only 9 episodes are schedule to air (compared with the Taiwanese version, which had more than 20 episodes)
i could not have expressed this better!
i saw him first time in gokusen, without knowing any hype about that drama beforehand, and not knowing any of the cast beforehand.
i just thought it was gonna be a 'leave your brains at the door' type drama, coz at that time i was very pressurized with work and i wanted a comedy - well, that's what i asked the shopkeeper...haha...
and jun was somehow magnetic... i don't like his hair, wasn't at all stunned by anyone's looks - i just thought the guys look like a bunch of picked-from-the-streets-delinquents, etc... but at the end of the series, i thought i've fallen in love with him...hahaha...

ok, anyway, back to hyd. i think that i'm still critically objective about the guys' performances, so my personal point of view is that jun is doing very well in hyd so far, and has the potential to be really great in future, when he learns to 'think less' about the character he's portraying (ok, i know this sounds confusing - so just ignore it if don't understand...) but his charisma and presense truely saves him from any acting flaws - which is also his inborn x-factor. just like he was truely green in acting skills in kindaichi, but his exuberance/awkwardness/x-factor/whatever makes me glued to the screen.

well, the only reason why i'm like disecting jun now is that i'm really bored waiting for the 3rd ep haha!

and about that candyx2 squabble - i must put in a word... i grew up on candyx2 and it's taken up a very celestial place in my heart. candy has been my childhood idol and i've seen the anime when a kid and read the manga countless times. it made me laugh and cry. she's been my inspiration of strength and spirit where no other anime character can come close to. and besides, this is the hyd thread so let's not critisize candyx2 here.
thanks!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 2nd, '05, 08:21

shiruchan wrote: Or maybe, we like so much Tsukasa that we just can´t hate him! :wub:
I wonder how people who never read manga, watched MG nor anime thinks about Tsukasa on this drama. Do they think like us, who already know the whole story? Or do they think: "this bastard needs some lesson, deserves to suffer!"? My friend is going to watch it and I would like to know her thoughts about Tsukasa... and about Rui too.
hihi I'm the one who have no idea what's going to happen next...probably the only one here :P and as you may read before I'm totally for Taukasa. but maybe it's because of MatsuJun's acting :scratch: not sure yet but I definitely prefer poor Tsukasa up to this point.
Rui is strange...I like Shun-chan and I like his acting but I don't think the character is interesting enough

btw, my Q about spoilers was a general question...I wasn't just asking Kathleen about her post....I really want to take at least a small part in this discussion but I'm afraid to read spoilers hehe since I don't know which one is a dorama spoiler and which one is a story spoiler :crazy: eh I guess I just should catch up with manga/anime and MG before ep 3 is out :-(

apples

Post by apples » Nov 2nd, '05, 10:48

Yamatsumi:

Honestly, I wish I could've watched HYD drama before all the others. The drama will surely skip out a lot of parts in the manga/anime/MG. Although the drama will spoil most of the major parts from the others sources, you'll still get a different impression from the others since they have good tidbits of HYD. That's why I sorta like how I first approached HYD (anime, which is shorter since it finished way before the manga completed ---> manga ---->MG, followed the manga very closely but has some differences). But if you think you want to watch MG, I suggest you finish it first way before this one or else you might give up halfway (maybe less) because of their acting. Though the guys tend to grow on you as MG progresses. At first I didn't think the guys were "that" attractive at all.. but later in the series, I mesmerized by them especially Jerry Yan and Vic Zhou.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 2nd, '05, 12:20

fybabe wrote: and besides, this is the hyd thread so let's not critisize candyx2 here.
thanks!
What a funny thing to say after we've already stopped the discussion. Not only are you dwelling up on a subject that everyone else agreed to forget about, you even give us a quite detailed opinion of CC yourself. So what's the deal?
shiruchan wrote:You actually remember everything of manga!!!
Of course. It's my all time favourite and I've read some chapters like 50 times. ^^v
Or maybe, we like so much Tsukasa that we just can´t hate him
This sure might be true. Although I was rather disappointed with him
when he sent Tsukushi home that time he was in NY for the 2 years deal. It really pissed me off to see he's suddenly the type of guy who thinks that far ahead, as we usually saw him acting out of his current feelings only. I kind of like the easygoing Doumyouji better, even if he may be selfish at t times. Frankly spoken, I think loving a person sometimes requires to be selfish or pushy.
(Manga spoiler)
That's actually what I really wanna know. I'd be nice to have more people here who tell us their opinion apart from comparing the show to Meteor Garden or the manga which I simply can't because I'm certainly affected by the manga. If I would start out watching the drama before any other versions I'd probably be pretty much fond of Rui though since he's a lot different from the manga / anime Rui which I didn't like too much at first. But then again, it wasn't like I came to like Doumyouji because I disliked Rui but because I thought he was a really interesting character that has more to it than one might think when watching him doing that silly bully game (speaking of the first time I watched the anime). In the end I might like Rui a lot more from the beginning but I'd root for Doumyouji anyway. :mrgreen:
I'd like to hear what your friend thinks of the show, btw!
apples wrote:: Though the guys tend to grow on you as MG progresses.
Funny enough it was vice versa for me. It took me 2 or 3 episodes to get used to their looks and the language so I could watch at them as the F4 + "Tsukushi", and once I reached that point I pretty much did enjoy the show as well. It has a great humor to tell you one thing I like about it, and the soundtrack is also very catchy, so I could even manage to ignore their awful acting. But I was really put off when the series envolved into a terrible tear-jerker later on. I'm more for the macho type of guy which is why I like Doumyouji. (You know, hard on the outside, soft inside...) Daoming Su though definitely cried and whined too much for my taste. ^^; And I didn't like Shancai from the beginning as she's first of all way too cute to portray Tsukushi who is told to be ugly by nearly everyone, and secondly she's really mean and unlovable whereas Tsukushi really does have some nice traits.
yamatsumi wrote:: eh I guess I just should catch up with manga/anime and MG before ep 3 is out

Hahaha! You'll get 1,000,000 bucks from me if you should manage to read 36 volumes and furthermore to watch 51 episodes until the next episode is out. There are still 2 days to go, girl. :thumright: In this spirit: Carpe diem! *raises her glas*

Anyways, everyone: Please respect Yamatsumi's request to mark your spoilers as "manga / anime spoiler", "MG spoiler" or "J-drama spoiler" which is probably the best solution to have the most people participating and also enjoying our conversations. I also think it's only fair to those who are watching Hanadan for the first time as we all probably agree that it would be nice to hear opinions of the few viewers that are totally free from any prejudices.

Lollypopchik

Post by Lollypopchik » Nov 2nd, '05, 12:55

Kathleen, have you watched 3 episode HYD idorama? I have read this topic by very long time and your posts about Tsukasa are so impressive))
I'm a Domuoji's fan! And I think that Matsumoto Jun is great. But his Tsukasa is a lot agressive... Isn't he?

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 2nd, '05, 13:20

Kathleen wrote:
fybabe wrote: and besides, this is the hyd thread so let's not critisize candyx2 here.
thanks!
What a funny thing to say after we've already stopped the discussion. Not only are you dwelling up on a subject that everyone else agreed to forget about, you even give us a quite detailed opinion of CC yourself. So what's the deal?
no matter how much i look at fybabe's message, it doesn't look like an invitation to start another hyd-unrelated argument on the thread. in fact, it looks like just the opposite. she just put in her own 2 cents and asked everyone to stop talking about it in the hana yori dango thread. let's not try to pick fights out of thin air and return to our lovely hana yori dango discussions :lol

~~

exactly 1 day 23 hours and 42 minutes till the next broadcast!! *squeals*

p.s. who else noticed that the shoes that shizuka gave tsukushi were too big for her? i thought her hair was prettier in the white dress, but the black dress suits her better. waaaah tsukushi's so cute i wanna glomp her to bits =D

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 2nd, '05, 14:06

yamatsumi wrote: hihi I'm the one who have no idea what's going to happen next...probably the only one here.
btw, my Q about spoilers was a general question...I wasn't just asking Kathleen about her post....I really want to take at least a small part in this discussion but I'm afraid to read spoilers hehe since I don't know which one is a dorama spoiler and which one is a story spoiler :crazy: eh I guess I just should catch up with manga/anime and MG before ep 3 is out :-(
Ok, I´ll try to do what you´ve asked for. Before the spoiler tag, I´ll write: manga spoiler/drama spoiler. I guess it would be better to all of you.

BTW, my advice is: don´t read the manga and don´t watch anime/MG before you finish watching HYD. Why? Cause you´ll know how the story ends, what´s gonna happen next, and most of all: it´s fun to see opinions from people who doesn´t know the storyline already. I guess I´d have a totally different opinion about the characters if I didn´t read the manga before. Probably, I would hate Tsukasa at first and fall for Rui. But, in the end, I would fall for Tsukasa anyway.

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 2nd, '05, 14:21

unkei wrote:
Kathleen wrote:
thanks!
no matter how much i look at fybabe's message, it doesn't look like an invitation to start another hyd-unrelated argument on the thread. in fact, it looks like just the opposite. she just put in her own 2 cents and asked everyone to stop talking about it in the hana yori dango thread. let's not try to pick fights out of thin air and return to our lovely hana yori dango discussions :lol
thanks dear!
i think i missed a few posts...

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 2nd, '05, 15:03

shiruchan wrote:
yamatsumi wrote: hihi I'm the one who have no idea what's going to happen next...probably the only one here.
Ok, I´ll try to do what you´ve asked for. Before the spoiler tag, I´ll write: manga spoiler/drama spoiler. I guess it would be better to all of you.

BTW, my advice is: don´t read the manga and don´t watch anime/MG before you finish watching HYD. Why? Cause you´ll know how the story ends, what´s gonna happen next, and most of all: it´s fun to see opinions from people who doesn´t know the storyline already. I guess I´d have a totally different opinion about the characters if I didn´t read the manga before. Probably, I would hate Tsukasa at first and fall for Rui. But, in the end, I would fall for Tsukasa anyway.

About the spoiler i think that we all can use the spoiler tag.. ^^
BTW- I advice you the same thing that shiruchan... Just what the show..
I too think that is funny to see what people that didn't know the history think about..
For a example Do you think that tsukasa all ready could be mad with jealous for tsukushi smile to Rui??
And more.. Manda has a end.. the anime has another one.. and Meteor garden.. other different... even if all are HYD.. ^_^

So below i will spoiler somethings from Manga
About the previews from the third one... I think that when Tsukasa is gonna ask her out... he will gonna use " ichigo Ichie" do Soujiro XD did i get wrong...
Just that small scene... Tsukasa saing "ichigo ichie" e left run.. make me laughter alot...

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 2nd, '05, 15:21

makino_sanbr wrote: So below i will spoiler somethings from Manga
About the previews from the third one... I think that when Tsukasa is gonna ask her out... he will gonna use " ichigo Ichie" do Soujiro XD did i get wrong...
Just that small scene... Tsukasa saing "ichigo ichie" e left run.. make me laughter alot...
I guess you got wrong, makino_sanbr.
I undertood that *DRAMA SPOILER*
Tsukasa says to Tsukushi the place and hour to date.
He says the place, and then "ichi ji", which means "at one o´clock".

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Nov 2nd, '05, 16:00

Im having a hard time with Oguri Shun playing HANAZAWA RUI. This doesn't just seem the part for him. Hopefully this will change by seeing some of the upcoming episodes.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 2nd, '05, 17:35

Lollypopchik wrote:Kathleen, have you watched 3 episode HYD idorama? I have read this topic by very long time and your posts about Tsukasa are so impressive))
I'm a Domuoji's fan! And I think that Matsumoto Jun is great. But his Tsukasa is a lot agressive... Isn't he?
:-) Thanks, but no, there are only 2 episodes out so far, even in Japan. So I haven't watched the third episode yet. But I've seen the preview at the end of episode 2 which is why I know some details about episode 3. I usually don't watch previews (terrified of spoilers ^^;) but Hanadan leaves me sleepless, I just have to watch them. I'm also a huge fan of Doumyouji's and I kind of like him for being of the rough type too but I agree with you, he's way too aggressive in the drama. :|
(I love him anyway... :wub: *sigh*)

@sesshu: I don't quite remember wheather it was makino_sanbr or shiruchan who said that Shun pretty much protrays the later Rui. I think that's true. Rui does smile quite a lot in the later volumes. The major difference between manga and drama is that it isn't Tsukushi that makes him open up. I do understand why Rui fans are bummed about not seeing the Rui they'd expect to see as Doumyouji fans like me probably are a little disapointed to have our personal favourite overly aggressive, but I'm kind of getting used to the charas in the drama.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 2nd, '05, 20:01

I agree with what sesshu.kotoyumu said... somehow shun just looks like a real gangster to me in a lot of scenes lol not the quiet cold and sweet rui in the manga... *sad for a few minutes* :)
@fybabe: hey u must be able to read my mind :D jk its just that u said exactly wat i feel about Candy... thanks :wub: *high fives fybabe*

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 3rd, '05, 17:39

Kathleen wrote:
yamatsumi wrote:: eh I guess I just should catch up with manga/anime and MG before ep 3 is out

Hahaha! You'll get 1,000,000 bucks from me if you should manage to read 36 volumes and furthermore to watch 51 episodes until the next episode is out. There are still 2 days to go, girl. :thumright: In this spirit: Carpe diem! *raises her glas*
hehe that was a joke of course :P I want to watch dorama first...well I'm not a manga/anime fan so I'm not even sure if I read/watch it later :whistling:
ok I'll be posting my comment here..

makino_sanbr: yes, I think he was jealous...it was all over his face and I was just waiting for his reaction + we knew before that he had feelings for Tsukushi ne~ I mean the shoe scene and that one during the party when we was going to rescue Tsukushi from being bullied..
Kathleen wrote:
Anyways, everyone: Please respect Yamatsumi's request to mark your spoilers as "manga / anime spoiler", "MG spoiler" or "J-drama spoiler" which is probably the best solution to have the most people participating and also enjoying our conversations. I also think it's only fair to those who are watching Hanadan for the first time as we all probably agree that it would be nice to hear opinions of the few viewers that are totally free from any prejudices.
gee thanks everyone :notworthy: and sorry I need a special treatment here :sorry: I hope I'm not the only one...

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 3rd, '05, 18:51

shiruchan wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote: So below i will spoiler somethings from Manga
I guess you got wrong, makino_sanbr.
I undertood that *DRAMA SPOILER*
Tsukasa says to Tsukushi the place and hour to date.
He says the place, and then "ichi ji", which means "at one o´clock".
Yep... I'm pretty lame to understand japanese T__T
I don't really know.. U_U
I was asking... but i forget "?"
^___^

Yamatsumi: Oh.. good. Because some did say something about don't understand the jealous scene ( i don't remember who is.. sorry U_U)...
I was think if I'm much with manga in head..
and saw more that really show....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 3rd, '05, 19:36

It's tomorrow !!!!! can't wait anymore yaaaaaa

oceansportrait

Hanazawa Rui

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 3rd, '05, 22:08

sesshu.kotoyumu wrote:Im having a hard time with Oguri Shun playing HANAZAWA RUI. This doesn't just seem the part for him. Hopefully this will change by seeing some of the upcoming episodes.
I share those opinions. I like Oguri Shun as an actor (he's proven time and time again through dramas and movies that he can act) but he just doesn't fit the role of Hanazawa Rui. In the manga, Shizuka and Rui looked very natural together. But in this drama (especially the one where the F4 meet with Shizuka at the airport) they just look awkward. I won't even mention the scene where Rui hugs Shizuka because they hugged like strangers.

And, another thing I noticed (but this isn't about his acting or whether he fits the role) are the clothes Hanazawa Rui wears. He's not supposed to stand out too much--so I don't see where they got the bright idea to put him in a blinkingly white suit. Everyone else was wearing neutral/dark colors so that made the attention even more drawn to him. Very un-Rui like. Not to mention the scene where Makino's about to be forced to lick Doumyouji's foot but freezes mid-way when she hears Rui speaking over other people's voices---that would never have happened in the manga.

Luna89

Post by Luna89 » Nov 3rd, '05, 22:24

I love this drama, im addicted!! hehe I have been watching the first episode around 10 times XD
I just love Jun Matsumoto and Shun Oguri!!

Kathleen

Re: Hanazawa Rui

Post by Kathleen » Nov 3rd, '05, 23:25

But in this drama (especially the one where the F4 meet with Shizuka at the airport) they just look awkward. I won't even mention the scene where Rui hugs Shizuka because they hugged like strangers.
I don't really think so. At least I would never hug a stranger like that. I do agree with you concerning his awkwardness towards her.
Strange enough I never considered him to be special or anything until I saw him in Hanadan, whereas most people think vice versa: They liked him before but think the role of Rui doesn't suit him. :roll
And, another thing I noticed (but this isn't about his acting or whether he fits the role) are the clothes Hanazawa Rui wears.
Maybe this is just a question of current fashion. At the time when the anime came out he was wearing jeans with holes in it, to tell you one thing, whereas I noticed Kamiio-sensei loved to dress him in all sorts of pink clothes in the later colour pictures. He really seems more for the casual style though... But then again, they have a weird taste in clothing and stuff in Japan. *remembers Jun's blue painted toe nails* ^^ So to them even Shun's white suit might be very casual and chic actually.
Regarding the colour, I think he mostly wears white in the drama whereas Doumyouji wears mainly black simply to contrast them the more, as they did when Tsukushi was dressed up first by Doumyouji, then by Shizuka.
Not to mention the scene where Makino's about to be forced to lick Doumyouji's foot but freezes mid-way when she hears Rui speaking over other people's voices---that would never have happened in the manga.
At least not at the beginning of the manga. The later Rui does speak up quite a couple of times. Think of (manga spoiler)
the time he screamed at Doumyouji at the airport in NY. Or when he gave Umi a piece of his mind. Gotta admit, I don't like the scene when he interrupts Tsukushi from licking Doumyouji's shoes though. :P (Before you get any funny ideas, I would've liked to have Doumyouji stop her instead.)
@yamatsumi: Surprised to hear you don't like anime and manga. I thought everyone came to J-drama via manga / anime. Hehe. Neways, of course you can enjoy the story only if you like what you're doing, so don't force yourself. It's really good stuff but then again I can only say this because I do enjoy manga / anime sometimes. I don't think you'll be kept in the dark about the happenings in the drama without knowing the manga.

tabris

Post by tabris » Nov 4th, '05, 01:21

well, this thread kept me busy at work today ^_^

as one of the *counts* three people that are watching this without any influence from the manga/anime/twdrama (ok, so i've seen the first dvd of the anime like a year ago, the second dvd is still in the plastic wrap, it doesn't count), i have to say i'm liking it very much so far. i'll admit, it's extremely hard for me not to be biased towards rui because i already adore oguri shun, but tsukasa has definitely made an impression. the evil bastard characters always grab my attention anyways, especially when they redeem themselves (as long as he doesn't redeem himself too much ^_~).

the atmosphere of the school *cough*harry potter*cough* is nice and eerie, almost surreal, which sets this apart from almost every high school centered drama/anime i've watched. :thumright:

*gigglesnort* i thought something entirely different when tsukasa walked into the party. feel free to check my last lj entry if you want to see; i don't feel like getting beaten by all the matsujun fans here. :whistling:

and i noticed something between here and the matsujun thread... am i the only one that likes his hair best in gokusen? :blink: *goes off to download kimi wa pet*

ps. thanks for the spoiler warnings.

makiono

Post by makiono » Nov 4th, '05, 08:33

wah! no! I agree completely! Sawada Shin's hair has been the best of all his character's yet. oh so good looking :wub: :wub: :wub:

ShinAkatora

Post by ShinAkatora » Nov 4th, '05, 08:50

im very dissapointed with this drama

i know that the actors of F4 didnt get the roles coz they are good actors
its purly on looks(and some dont even qualify for pretty boy anymore like Matsumoto Jun)
but this is really BAD(overacting and its like they dont even try to act in character they just go by their looks)putting these 4 together was really a bad idea
well its not their fault... but
i know fo a fact that their are Young Male japanese actors who actually can act
and look good at the same time
so why take these 4??? MyStErY

the girl is really good for some reason
and i think ill continue watching this 2 its end just BcoZ of her

if u compare this to Meteor Garden
atleast the acting quality is a GIGANTIC diffrence
all the members of F4 could act
(AND they all looked good lol)

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 4th, '05, 09:05

interesting point of view... i think there'll always be comments like the above every 34 pages or so...

i totally can't wait for tonight for the 3rd episode... hope the uploads are fast!

rhap

Post by rhap » Nov 4th, '05, 09:13

ShinAkatora wrote:
if u compare this to Meteor Garden
atleast the acting quality is a GIGANTIC diffrence
all the members of F4 could act
(AND they all looked good lol)

wait, i don't really understand - are you saying that F4 of Taiwan are better actors?

edit: i don't mean this question in a mean or mocking way ....
Last edited by rhap on Nov 4th, '05, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 4th, '05, 09:17

fybabe wrote:interesting point of view... i think there'll always be comments like the above every 34 pages or so...
wells, at least ShinAkatora was being honest in his/her views :) We can't all share the same views on everything.

but I have to comment on the acting of F4.........I thought Vanness Wu's acting was too stoic. His movements were too forced....weren't natural at all (his acting........not his singing, I think his singing's great). Maybe he has gotten better....but I couldn't stand to watch him in Meteor Garden I & II
fybabe wrote:i totally can't wait for tonight for the 3rd episode... hope the uploads are fast!
*fingers crossed* same here~ :pray:

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 4th, '05, 09:39

oh, i didn't mean anything bad, just thought her comment was pretty rare... geez... do i sound worse?? haha...
i absolutely encourage all kinds of views, i've already seen like the worst and the oddest in some chinese websites...lol
at least, i think on this thread, hopefully, for good or for bad, it's still pretty objective.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 4th, '05, 09:46

fybabe wrote:oh, i didn't mean anything bad, just thought her comment was pretty rare... geez... do i sound worse?? haha...
i absolutely encourage all kinds of views, i've already seen like the worst and the oddest in some chinese websites...lol
at least, i think on this thread, hopefully, for good or for bad, it's still pretty objective.
oh no no...i didn't mean to say you sounded bad~!! far from it!!!! :lol

i was only trying to mention that he/she was honest.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 4th, '05, 11:30

@ShinAkatora: lol i don't think i can ever see someone say "tw!mg acting > jdrama!hyd acting" and be able to stay totally neutral about it. jun's eyebrow alone can express so much more than jerry ever did in mg~~ i know everyone's entitled to their own opinions, so i just had to rebutt with my own =D

i totally don't care if jun's not some flaming pretty boy~ he's got DA COOL and he's got DA CHARM and he's totally got DA POUT. i'd do him anytime, anywhere =D

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 4th, '05, 11:48

unkei, i've seen some die-hard-for-taiwanese-f4-fans say things like that and more, and i find them amusing.
but they're rare, for sure. but they'll pop up every now and then too. for sure...^^ to prove their great love for jerry yan. anyway, as i said, this thread has been already pretty objective, so hopefully ShinAkatora isn't just defending her idol for her idol's sake.

i can't defend jun for his looks coz i think appearance is totally subjective. eg. i love slim cut guys like jun whereas others may find jean claude van dame sexy (howdoyaspellthat??)
but as for acting talent. we've already nearly praised most of 34 pages of jun so that probably means something, and it's ok for others to come in with their opinion i guess... haha... no matter how ground shakingly different!

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 4th, '05, 20:51

Uploading episode 3 to my clubbox right now. Let me just say, I haven't seen her much after GTO & Forbidden Love, but Matsushima Nanako is still as beautiful as always. Her appearance scene was pretty awesome, I like the way she kicks. haha

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 4th, '05, 20:58

wachi wrote:Uploading episode 3 to my clubbox right now. Let me just say, I haven't seen her much after GTO & Forbidden Love, but Matsushima Nanako is still as beautiful as always. Her appearance scene was pretty awesome, I like the way she kicks. haha
Can't wait!!! :D I'm looking forward to seeing Matsushima Nanako!!! HYD~~

EDIT: plz tell me when it's finsihed uploading. ^^ thanks

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 4th, '05, 21:01

^ in 12 mins. ^__^ i'll post the link up too.

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 4th, '05, 21:02

wonderful.

EDIT: btw, thanks for sharing so much stuff on your clubbox. I've downloaded quite a lot from there. ^_______^

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 4th, '05, 21:24

^__^ no problem. i share what i can. btw, the episode is done. check my clubbox. i'll post the link the clubbox thread.

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 4th, '05, 21:25

wachi, I love you!! Thanks so much!!

gingin

Post by gingin » Nov 4th, '05, 21:25

wachi wrote:^ in 12 mins. ^__^ i'll post the link up too.
^^; I feel...quite stupid, but how do I download it from your clubbox? The (Korean?) text kinda throws me off ^^;

Sorry about that. Heh.

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 4th, '05, 21:27

i just watched it...
this ep is....lmao!!!!

i totally don't understand what they're saying but domyoji is lmao!!!!
funny part 1: he chases tsukushi along the street. that was hilarious, i mean, this boy is clueless!!! he's literally 'chasing' a girl!

funny part 2: i love all the parts where he's obviously baka but he thinks he's so great! haha! eg. the letter part, although i don't understand the conversation, but from his sis' reaction, must be something wrong, but his expression was so haughty it's funny!
and when tsukushi chases out to ask him something after she was given the time and date, and his expression was lmao!

funny part 3: i don't understand why he circled tsukushi's table 2 times? but was damn funny! especially with the reaction from the 3 bimbos!

funny part 4: aw... loved the way he was writing the letter... actually more kawaii than funny...^^
what could be improved is:
the pace is too fast!! especially the airport scene was like...what the??? har??? sudden departures of both shizuka and rui?? and suddenly domyoji reacted so dramatically?? is it just waaaaaay too rushed??
ok, i want next ep... T_T

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 4th, '05, 21:27

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14132

this has faqs on how to download with clubbox! ^__^ it's easy once you get used to it and it works great (if and when it works)

Eria

Post by Eria » Nov 4th, '05, 21:34

wachi wrote:^__^ no problem. i share what i can. btw, the episode is done. check my clubbox. i'll post the link the clubbox thread.
Thanks Wachi! i'm dl'ing it as we speak!
Can't wait!!!
Last edited by Eria on Nov 4th, '05, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 4th, '05, 21:34

One thing I'm really surprised about is the average age of this thread's most active members. I always thought I was sort of a granny among (today's) Hanadan fans.
It will be only about half an hour until the next episode is up. I'm so excited. Can't wait to see what's that about Sakura.
Her strange look in the preview is very promising to make another good story twist. :D
Edit: And this is - of course - a drama spoiler.

Eria

Post by Eria » Nov 4th, '05, 21:40

Kathleen wrote:One thing I'm really surprised about is the average age of this thread's most active members. I always thought I was sort of a granny among (today's) Hanadan fans.
i'm not one of the most active members but i know what you mean. it's even worse for me cuz i'm a couple years older than you. :lol i feel like a 14 y.o. stuck in a 25 y.o. body. (drama-wise) when it comes to the real world, i feel like a 35 y.o. stuck in a 25 y.o. body. :lol

gingin

Post by gingin » Nov 4th, '05, 21:40

TragicKingdom wrote:http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14132

this has faqs on how to download with clubbox! ^__^ it's easy once you get used to it and it works great (if and when it works)
Ok! thank you very much! ^___^

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 4th, '05, 21:49

fybabe wrote:unkei, i've seen some die-hard-for-taiwanese-f4-fans say things like that and more, and i find them amusing.
but they're rare, for sure. but they'll pop up every now and then too. for sure...^^ to prove their great love for jerry yan. anyway, as i said, this thread has been already pretty objective, so hopefully ShinAkatora isn't just defending her idol for her idol's sake.

i can't defend jun for his looks coz i think appearance is totally subjective. eg. i love slim cut guys like jun whereas others may find jean claude van dame sexy (howdoyaspellthat??)
but as for acting talent. we've already nearly praised most of 34 pages of jun so that probably means something, and it's ok for others to come in with their opinion i guess... haha... no matter how ground shakingly different!
I agree. As I said before, Jun isn´t a great actor, but he´s acting well on HYD. And I am too critic when it comes to acting. I´ve seen some episodes of MG, and there´s no way tto find MG´s acting better than HYD. Anyway, it´s my opinion.

The best actors on this drama are surely Inoue Mao and Jun. Shun, IMHO, he is doing an average job, his role isn´t difficult and I think anyone - an actor, not just a cute boy, of course - could do it well.

Kathleen, I´m a bit "old" too. I´m 21. Sometimes I think I´m old to like these kind of stories such as HYD, but I don´t mind. :D

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 4th, '05, 22:01

im still dldin ep 3 from sm1 else in jdorama 's clubbox T_T 1 more hour to go... T_T dang and my coupon just ran out yesterday too... this sucks...

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 4th, '05, 22:09

aww, you're not downloading from mine? haha, anyway, i like this episode, but poor Rui. T__T he makes me wanna cry.

TragicKingdom

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 4th, '05, 22:11

I still have over two hours left before it's completed T___T.
Rui makes you cry? >_> Why is that?

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 4th, '05, 22:13

geez... why this sudden talk about age?? hmm... i'm like heaps older than most of you, haha!
anyone else who've seen this ep 3 yet?
wanna share your thoughts?
with spoiler tags of course!!
omg, it's 5+++am my time, gotta sleep... chat later...

and unkei, on the contrary, i think jun is a pretty good actor! and he's getting better!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 4th, '05, 22:26

Because this should still be fun as it isn't a life or death situation. Although... to some it might be... ^^
Anyways, it's not like we can get to see the episode sooner if we quit the random talks, so we might as well at least try to relax.
I've gotta admit though it's not all that easy to relax when I heard some of you have already watched it. I'm having a hard time downloading the third episode. It's not up here yet and I don't really get how that clubbox works. It has been saying "wait" for quite a while. Hmm... I wanna see the episode too. Right now. ;_;

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 4th, '05, 22:33

Kathleen wrote: I've gotta admit though it's not all that easy to relax when I heard some of you have already watched it. I'm having a hard time downloading the third episode. It's not up here yet and I don't really get how that clubbox works. It has been saying "wait" for quite a while. Hmm... I wanna see the episode too. Right now. ;_;
Kathleen, if you already got clubbox software, and it´s saying "wait", you must right click the file and then click "download file". It happened the same to me. I did it ("dl fil" click), and now it´s downloading. In about 3 hours I´ll be able to watch it.

Oh~~~~ I can´t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!