KAT-TUN Information (wikipedia~*)

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
PuddingBerry

KAT-TUN Information (wikipedia~*)

Post by PuddingBerry » Nov 13th, '05, 05:12

:wub:
*hope this is the right section..?!*

KAT-TUN is a J-pop group from Johnny & Associates that is made up of six young Japanese males, name:

Kamenashi Kazuya, 亀梨和也, (born February 23, 1986)

Akanishi Jin, 赤西仁, (born July 4, 1984)

Taguchi Junnosuke, 田口淳之介, (born November 29, 1985)

Tanaka Koki, 田中聖, (born November 5, 1985)

Ueda Tatsuya, 上田竜也, (born October 4, 1983)

Nakamaru Yuichi, 中丸雄一, (born September 4, 1983)

The sound intended from the Japanese pronunciation of KAT-TUN is the word 'cartoon'. The first letters of their family names form the group's name.

Typically like all other Johnny's group, KAT-TUN does not only sing and dance but the members also act and star in commercials. They are one of the most popular talent idols group in Japan at the moment, although they have not made their official debut yet.

---------------------------------------------------------

HISTORY
KAT-TUN is a unit of Johnny's Jr., a very large group of boys that have not yet made their professional debut (usually a debut is synonymous with a CD release).

Before joining KAT-TUN, each member belonged to different Junior units. In 2001, Kinki Kids member Koichi Domoto personally picked 6 Johnny's Jr. members to be his back dancers in the NHK music program, Pop Jam. He chose Kamenashi, Akanishi, Taguchi, Tanaka, Ueda and Nakamaru to join each other under the unit name of KAT-TUN.

Initially, KAT-TUN was only meant to be a dancing unit to support Koichi Domoto. However, KAT-TUN gained a lot of attention so the formation was maintained and KAT-TUN remains a solid unit.

MEMBERS
Kamenashi is affectionately called Kame and is one of the two most popular members of KAT-TUN. He is generally considered cute and charming. He does public speaking very well and is often appointed as the main speaker whenever KAT-TUN does their MC in TV shows or concerts. Kame-chan usually leads KAT-TUN's participation in the musicals. With Jin, he is the main vocalist of the group.

Akanishi has some affectionate nicknames from fans. Jin is one of them, but there is also Bakanishi (baka literally means stupid; because he often acts childishly) *~* [PuddingBerry : omg, this wikipedia is AWESOME]. Like Kame, he is one of the two most famous KAT-TUN members. He plays the guitar, sings extremely well, has sexy dance moves and writes quite a lot of song ("Care", "Hesitate", "Love or Like"). He starred in Gokusen 2 with Kame and now also the drama Anego (2005 summer season).

Taguchi is known as Junno. This tallest member of KAT-TUN is currently addicted to tap dancing. His trademarks are the acrobatic stunts he performs in their shows and also his smile. In 2004, Junno injured his knee and has had to take a few months' break from group activities after surgery. Junno has also acted alongside his senior from SMAP Nakai Masahiro's film "Mohouhan" (The Copycat) in 2002. Junno is left-handed.

Tanaka naturally gets called Koki. His role in the group is as the main rapper. He writes most of the rap lyrics in their recent original songs and has started to write his own solo rap songs. His style is hip-hop. Although Koki looks really tough, he is actually sweet and kind. Koki pairs up with Nakamaru most of the time and they have a comedic unit called TaNaka (TAnaka - NAKAmaru).

Ueda, the appointed leader of the group, is one of KAT-TUN's most striking members. Because he tends to change his image a lot he has been criticized for being "unstable" in terms of personality. He is learning the English language and plays the guitar. He once said he wanted to marry young and preferred Caucasian girls.

Nakamaru, or Maru, the oldest member, is very funny. He proves that by being in the TaNaka comedy unit with Koki. Maru's trademark skill is his human beatbox (sound of beats he creates with his mouth) that gets incorporated in KAT-TUN's songs a lot. Because of this skill, he seems to be gaining more popularity recently.

ACTIVITIES
TV Shows
In 2005, KAT-TUN become regular participants in the variety show Minna no Terebi. They also host the Shounen Club on NHK. Other TV shows that they have also appeared in include Yoru Mo Hippare and Hadaka no Shounen.

In early 2005, Akanishi and Kamenashi starred in the popular high-school themed TV drama series, Gokusen 2 alongside senior actress Yukie Nakama and other young actors. The show received much attention from the media and elevated not only Akanishi and Kamenashi's own popularities but also the group.

During the spring of 2005, Akanishi went on to play a role as an intern in a comic book based drama, titled Anego

Kamenashi currently stars along side NEWS member Yamashisa in a new TV drama series Nobuta Wo Produce.

Musical
KAT-TUN has appeared in numerous musicals. The most famous one is perhaps SHOCK (lead star Koichi Domoto). More recently, they backed up Hideaki Takizawa in his first solo musical, Dream Boy. The musical's lead was given to Kamenashi in 2005, perhaps much to the dismay of Takizawa's fans. Summary is yet another musical in which KAT-TUN performed with other groups.

Concerts
Since getting the opportunity to perform their own concert for the first time 2002, KAT-TUN now regularly holds concerts in almost every season of the year in Japan. This has helped them gain more popularity with the fans. It is considered remarkable for a non-debuted Johnny's group to be able to hold its own concerts. [PuddingBerry : this part gave me goosebumps of JOY]

Commercials
KAT-TUN regularly stars up until now in the TV commercials of two brands, Crunky (chocolate wafer/cookie snack) and Plus-X (flavored chewing gum) by Lotte.

They have recently appeared in a commercial/campagin for a line of lipgloss by Rohoto.

Photo Shoot
Every month, KAT-TUN is featured in various Japanese idol magazines (usually targeted for girls), such as Wink Up, Potato, Duet, Popolo and Myojo.

Recently, individual members and the whole group have also started to appear in male fashion and television-related magazines as well.

POPULARITY
KAT-TUN is not only famous in Japan, but also in other parts of Asia and they are known to J-pop enthusiasts in Europe and the USA, thanks to technology (particularly the Internet, there are various websites, fanlisting and forums dedicated to KAT-TUN). Despite the fact that a professional debut is still missing from their career, KAT-TUN's popularity is very big. This can be seen from how their first concert tickets were immediately sold out and how they still continue to hold their own concerts every year. The coverage they get from the media is also very significant. The attention they get is the same as the attention a senior and debuted Johnny's group receive. ^^

Credits :: Wikipedia

This is so cool ^^! Reading this makes me know more about
KAT-TUN... lol.. coz i didn't even know that they became
KAT-TUN because of Koichi Domoto >___<"

I hope this helps KAT-TUN fans ^^" much or less....~*

~~ CIAO!

jica

Post by jica » Nov 13th, '05, 11:29

wow :mrgreen:
thanks, that was interesting reading. I'm not a fan of KAT-TUN, but I like Kame :P

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 13th, '05, 11:49

AKAME :heart:

i just adore Jin and Kame with a passion :wub:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 14th, '05, 03:44

thanks for the KAT-TUN info i'm such a HUGE fan of them! i :heart: KAT-TUN very much!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: arigatou ne! :mrgreen:

candie

Post by candie » Nov 14th, '05, 08:17

I only found out about Kat-tun this past summer, and I've loved them ever since. They're very talented plus their smiles make your knees wobble. :wub:

I really hope they debut soon. The songs they've been singing on perfs are all incredible, so an album should be no trouble. Although Kame and Jin have been so busy with dramas and everything.... =/

KAT-TUN ROCKS!!

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 14th, '05, 21:28

Hey! A KAT-TUN thread! :D Thanks PuddingBerry! I've only just discovered Jpop, and that too thanks to jdramas! I know about Arashi coz of Matsumoto Jun, and about KAT-TUN and NEWS thanks to Kame and Yamapi from Nobuta wo produce. Since I'm so new to this world, your post was real helpful. :) Even though I've only just heard about KAT-TUN, i'm halfway in love with Akinishi Jin..he's got to be the best looking guy, ever!!

By the way, I've been reading that the members of KAT-TUN had a fight? :unsure: Mostly Kame and Jin.. I've seen some screencaps of their shows/concerts as well where they totally ignore each other. Anyone know about this?

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 15th, '05, 06:17

had a fight?? are u sure? hmm well they seem close in pics and set of gokusen.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 15th, '05, 06:38

Aku wrote:Hey! A KAT-TUN thread! :D Thanks PuddingBerry! I've only just discovered Jpop, and that too thanks to jdramas! I know about Arashi coz of Matsumoto Jun, and about KAT-TUN and NEWS thanks to Kame and Yamapi from Nobuta wo produce. Since I'm so new to this world, your post was real helpful. :) Even though I've only just heard about KAT-TUN, i'm halfway in love with Akinishi Jin..he's got to be the best looking guy, ever!!

By the way, I've been reading that the members of KAT-TUN had a fight? :unsure: Mostly Kame and Jin.. I've seen some screencaps of their shows/concerts as well where they totally ignore each other. Anyone know about this?
what???they had a fight??? :O that's not cool :pale: i hope they make up soon bcuz Akame is nothing without Kame and Jin together being friends. they have been friends since as long as i can remember.....anywayz, where did u get the screencaps that showed they were ignoring each other??? i want to see it,but i really hope that they stop fighting :cry: :cry: :cry: bcuz I :heart: AKAME!!!!!

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 16th, '05, 06:13

Well, here's ONE link..this kind of just skims over the topic (read the captions underneath the screencaps). I had another site with screencaps that went into detail, and also the screencaps were of a performance and it was BAD! KAT-TUN were separated into groups of 3 and 3 to dance, and the group with Jin and Kame totally broke up and stopped dancing.. :-(

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kirie_kya/5175.html

Maybe this is really old news btw..I'm not sure..I only know about this coz of these 2 sites I mentioned. Thats why I was wondering if anyone knew about it..maybe its just for publicity?
:unsure:

esthyun

Post by esthyun » Nov 17th, '05, 05:31

Aku wrote:Well, here's ONE link..this kind of just skims over the topic (read the captions underneath the screencaps). I had another site with screencaps that went into detail, and also the screencaps were of a performance and it was BAD! KAT-TUN were separated into groups of 3 and 3 to dance, and the group with Jin and Kame totally broke up and stopped dancing.. :-(

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kirie_kya/5175.html

Maybe this is really old news btw..I'm not sure..I only know about this coz of these 2 sites I mentioned. Thats why I was wondering if anyone knew about it..maybe its just for publicity?
:unsure:
wow.. didn't know that. :crazy: sometimes i do wonder if they are nice in person. but from interviews and performances etc, i can sorta conclude that they are humble !

i am not so much into jin, but for kame, i watched the gokusen reunion and he look really kawaii when he blushes...

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 17th, '05, 05:34

@Aku- the screencaps were really cool 8) and the captions made me laugh :lol Kame and Jin looked really HOT :wub: :wub: :wub: thanks sooo much for the link :thumright:

guccha22

Post by guccha22 » Nov 17th, '05, 06:00

Aku wrote:By the way, I've been reading that the members of KAT-TUN had a fight? :unsure: Mostly Kame and Jin.. I've seen some screencaps of their shows/concerts as well where they totally ignore each other. Anyone know about this?
There are a lot of talks about this, if you check out some Johnny's forums. I think Akame are "fighting" because of the whole Nobuta wo Produce thing. Kame is acting with Jin's best friend, Yamapi. and because of the show, the two [Kame & Yamapi] came out with a unit called Shuji to Akira & even came out with a CD. KAT-TUN hasn't even debuted officially yet, but Kame is ahead of them by coming out with a CD.. so I wouldn't blame AT-TUN if they're mad or jealous because of that. Jin mostly because of the Yamapi thing. Maybe he thinks his friendship with Yamapi will be taken away from Kame? I know it sounds immature but it's normal to feel that way.. but I may be wrong. I don't know those boys personally so idk what goes on off screen. :P

Aku

Post by Aku » Nov 17th, '05, 06:03

Esthyun - yeah, I just started dling Gokusen 2 for Jin! ;) He's REALLY cute! :)

Jecky - yer welcome! :) It was a really well done site - also they have the entire thing on clubbox there if you want it. I have to go to work now, but I'll try to find the other site over the weekend and post it here. (that ones a bit more shocking coz they're in the middle of a stage show and ignoring each other..so far as to mess up their dance routine).

Guccha - oops, just posted like a second after u so am editing this. Rumours are that its coz of Yamapi huh? That guy really is friendly with everyone..u should check out the clips/video from the link I gave out before. Darn... :( sounds like a silly reason...

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 19th, '05, 03:13

Aku-i'll be sure to download it :mrgreen: and pls. find that site bcuz i really want to see clip that they were totally ignoring each other.
guccha-what???did they really fight about that :crazy:
Gosh, i really hope they make up soon and be friends 4 ever :cry: cuz i LOVE Akame :wub: :wub: :wub:

jidaa

Post by jidaa » Nov 19th, '05, 13:27

Thanks so much. All about KAT-TUN. :D

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 21st, '05, 08:00

this train may have long left the station, but if you guys haven't downloaded kat-tun's concert from jpopsuki yet, you better haul tail over there, that was like .... so good and stuff. :lol
actually, i just like to drool over the members, i never expected much beyond that. while not all the songs they performed appeal to me, a lot of them are surprisingly good and their dancing kicks ass in a stunning way.
a really awesome show they put on, much more to them than looks, who knew? :wink:

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 23rd, '05, 04:13

I adore Akame, a bit of Junno as well. I'm not really into their music, just the boys.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 23rd, '05, 07:26

i don't need to be into their music to enjoy them sweating onstage for roughly 100 minutes. :P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:26

hehe I downloaded this concert too :P and about their music...I actually like some of the songs like Kizuna for example and I totally love Care - Jin has such a sexy voice :heart: I can have only this one song in Winamp and listening to it for an hour over and over again hehe

just found a nice site (not me actually but someone from jdorama :P) which is called I see Ueda and Jin and Kame have their sections too...there's a lot of funny info about them like this one..
[about Jin] "His first kiss was with the star of the drama "Anego" (the kiss scene in episode 2), for which he was so nervous that he cleaned his teeth before every take (and had to do about 19 takes)." (hmm but how come I don't believe it XD)

oh and there was also this quote: Kame: "I want to try making love with a 30 year old woman." :rofl: omg I'm too young for Kame :lol

and a pic...remember when I asked if he could play guitar? gosh he really can and he looks awesome when playing :wub:

(can't we have one thread for KAT-TUN? :unsure: )

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 24th, '05, 02:08

yamatsumi wrote:hehe I downloaded this concert too :P and about their music...I actually like some of the songs like Kizuna for example and I totally love Care - Jin has such a sexy voice :heart: I can have only this one song in Winamp and listening to it for an hour over and over again hehe
hah! another serial song abuser! i drive people nuts playing one song over and over... :P i think kat-tun's ballads are way better than the other stuff, but i didn't really pay all that much attention to the music as i was watching this :lol
yamatsumi wrote:just found a nice site (not me actually but someone from jdorama :P) which is called I see Ueda and Jin and Kame have their sections too...
thx for the site, yamatsumi, that's pretty cool. :thumright:
yamatsumi wrote:there's a lot of funny info about them like this one..
[about Jin] "His first kiss was with the star of the drama "Anego" (the kiss scene in episode 2), for which he was so nervous that he cleaned his teeth before every take (and had to do about 19 takes)." (hmm but how come I don't believe it XD)
19 takes, eh? *volunteers for stand-in* :P
if that was his first kiss, it's good he got some practice, since he apparently got caught in a little tete-a-tete with uehara takako recently. i guess once you get a taste, there's no going back... :lol i hope the rumors about possible recriminations against jin aren't true, how suck is it to not be allowed to date? :x
yamatsumi wrote:oh and there was also this quote: Kame: "I want to try making love with a 30 year old woman." :rofl:
hey, what's so funny?!!! :glare: :P
yamatsumi wrote:and a pic...remember when I asked if he could play guitar? gosh he really can and he looks awesome when playing :wub:
he sure does... :wub:
yamatsumi wrote:(can't we have one thread for KAT-TUN? :unsure: )
isn't this it? :mrgreen:

one other thing that really impressed me in this concert was junno's dancing, is that boy agile or what? and i think i kinda like koki now too, he's cute :heart: :lol

renko

Post by renko » Nov 24th, '05, 02:36

ironicwave wrote:i hope the rumors about possible recriminations against jin aren't true, how suck is it to not be allowed to date? Mad
Why is he not allowed to date? o_O??

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 24th, '05, 03:06

ironicwave wrote: 19 takes, eh? *volunteers for stand-in* :P
if that was his first kiss, it's good he got some practice, since he apparently got caught in a little tete-a-tete with uehara takako recently. i guess once you get a taste, there's no going back... :lol i hope the rumors about possible recriminations against jin aren't true, how suck is it to not be allowed to date? :x
didn't hear any other news so I guess everything's fine...or at least I hope so
ironicwave wrote:
yamatsumi wrote:(can't we have one thread for KAT-TUN? :unsure: )
isn't this it? :mrgreen:
we have KAT-TUN thread, Jin thread, Kame thread and I'm just waiting for Junno, Koki & Ueda fans to join thread making party...this is kinda confusing...eh I guess I'll be just posting stuff in this thread :P so expect more pix :lol
ironicwave wrote: one other thing that really impressed me in this concert was junno's dancing, is that boy agile or what? and i think i kinda like koki now too, he's cute :heart: :lol
eh I didn't have time to watch it yet (too much stuff downloading recently XD) so I'm not sure yet who else I like except akame hehe but I'll watch it this weekend for sure

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 24th, '05, 03:08

renko wrote:
ironicwave wrote:i hope the rumors about possible recriminations against jin aren't true, how suck is it to not be allowed to date? Mad
coz of crazy fangirls who can't stand seeing their idols with other girl

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 24th, '05, 03:49

yamatsumi wrote:
renko wrote:
coz of crazy fangirls who can't stand seeing their idols with other girl
well, that's most likely the catalyst, i heard that johnny's entertainment flock is sorta kept tight under wraps in that respect (and apparently in general).

i think johnny kitagawa and his marketing machine are creepy. XD
they may give a lotta kids great opportunities, but they seem to sacrifice a lot for it.
i don't even want to get started on the more unsavory rumors. XD XD XD

renko

Post by renko » Nov 24th, '05, 04:16

So I guess the fangirls in Japan are just that much scarier? Because dating is certainly not an issue in the US. I think China too? Or are they just doing this to keep the fangirls happy?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 24th, '05, 20:06

ironicwave wrote: i think johnny kitagawa and his marketing machine are creepy. XD
they may give a lotta kids great opportunities, but they seem to sacrifice a lot for it.
agree, but they always have a choice (ok but on the other hand what choice is that :P) like it was with Takki I guess. I think they are going to sacrifice a lot but I actually don't blame them coz what else can they do? most of them have no education so all they've got is their look and talent (or just their look :lol)...but the rules are creepy anyway :fear:
renko wrote:Or are they just doing this to keep the fangirls happy?

or rater not to make them mad after all everyone makes money coz fangirls buy albums and stuff ne~ but those fangirls are scary!! they don't want their idols to have gf coz they hope they still have a chance :roll I guess I'm not at this stage of fangirling :lol (thanks God!!) but I must say that when for the first time I saw my oppa kissing a girl in one of his MVs "I hate that girl" crossed my mind XD but it was for a second only :shhh:

anyway, back on topic = KAT-TUN pix:

Image <--- I like Ueda on this pic!! he's got such a cute smile :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
(credit: I'm not sure but I think it's from jdorama)

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 25th, '05, 23:08

^yamatsumi,thanks for the pics.KAT-TUN is sooo kawaii XD i'm such a HUGE fan of them :wub: :wub: :wub: and thanks for the I See Ueda website :D
<--- I like Ueda on this pic!! he's got such a cute smile :D
he smiles sooo kawaii :wub: :wub: :wub:
and i've been wondering for a long time....when is KAT-TUN realsing an album??? :unsure: i really love ALL of their songs. i dl some of their songs,but there's always screaming fans in the backround :glare: does anybody have info. on when they're going to realse a cd???Arigatou ne :P
Attachments
K*A*T*T*U*N
K*A*T*T*U*N
potato20050818.jpg (53.27 KiB) Viewed 12819 times

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 25th, '05, 23:35

Jecky wrote: and i've been wondering for a long time....when is KAT-TUN realsing an album??? :unsure: i really love ALL of their songs. i dl some of their songs,but there's always screaming fans in the backround :glare: does anybody have info. on when they're going to realse a cd???Arigatou ne :P
hmm I think that no one knows that :whistling:

btw, anyone has a list of their songs?

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 26th, '05, 02:48

yamatsumi wrote:
btw, anyone has a list of their songs?
try the I See Ueda website. i think she has most of them :P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 26th, '05, 12:17

Jecky wrote: try the I See Ueda website. i think she has most of them :P
:doh: I only checked Jin, Kame & Ueda sections + pix XD thanks for the tip

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 26th, '05, 21:39

i made a little mini-review of the concert based on the songs mostly, obviously just my personal view, but here goes anyway:

GOLD - only an intro, the whole thing is presented later on, but good
Le ciel - only liked koki's rap part in that one
Never again - liked this song
Harukana Yakusoku - ok, this wasn't terrible, kinda cute, but that's it
Peaceful Days - i don't know if the non-concert version has the repeated k.a.t.t.u.n. chants, but without those, the song kinda sux imo
My Angel, you are Angel - well that was just booboo XD
Real7 - hah, that was cool, i love koki being the little badass in his hoodie :P i like this song
JINX (nakamaru solo) - that one could grow on me
junnosuke's solo (no idea what the name is) - this was ok, though i liked the dancing best

buahahaha, little comic relief skits - that was pretty funny

Fight all night - i can easily continue living without hearing this again
Messenger - ditto

this part seems to be a medley of cover songs of some sort
Conga - heh, well, if you liked the original, this was kind of a cute rendition
(something or other) no senorita - short and negligible
Moon River - bakanishi has a really nice voice singing this, pretty good
Oh e oh! something or other salsa - yeah, whatever

Love in snow (ueda solo) - well, this wasn't one of my favorite slow songs, it doesn't downright suck or anything, i could get used to it, but i still think kame and jin have better solo voices
Kizuna (kame solo) - yeah, that rocked (his ballet-esque performance as introduction however XD ) when you hear kizuna though, you notice the extreme difference in production between it and the rest of the lineup - i mean, this one's just so refined in comparison

this part just has a few excerpts of songs
Heartbreak Club - nothing impressive
Love or like - again, not impressed
CLAP ~something or other~ - pretty short and nothing to write home about
I LIKE IT - yeah, that was nice, something i could listen to independently from the visual input
DESTINY - bleh, generic (just another short excerpt anyway)
Drive me drive on - XD fast forward please

enter bakanishi dance solo - *faint*
the following screen/singer interaction was cool to look at too :D
in no uncertain terms, that whole bit just kicked ass
Murasaki (bakanishi solo) - uhuh, i like this song, nice melody, and naturally, nice voice :wub: so this whole segment gets a :thumright:

GOLD - this is the whole song and yeah, i like it
Pikapika2 - this like a few of their other songs reminds me of songs you listen to when going to a big party fest and everyone gets drunk, you don't really care if the music isn't that great as long as you can loudly chant along :D
tsuki no michi - see views on pikapika2 for this one

this is pretty much the finale, they come out tossing gifts, etc.
no matter, matter - nothing special
do ~ nika naru sa(?) - again, nothing special

so altogether, the music isn't really all that wonderful as a whole, but there are certainly highlights in there and the performances are mostly really great to look at. they have great stage presence and visually, it's really impressive...
just don't expect to listen to all these tunes independently and like them without the eye candy. of course, taste isn't a matter to be argued about, but this was my take on the whole production.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 27th, '05, 02:25

ironicwave, were you talking about KAT-TUN First Concert that was uploaded recently to jpopsuki? coz I feel like I've just watched something else than you :unsure:
God that was pretty horrible XD I'm taking back all I said about their music :P I like Jin's voice tho :wub: I loved him singing Kimi wo Omoutoki (btw, I prefer his version to TOKIO one) and I liked Hanasanaide ai too :lol I think Kame is quite a good singer 8) and he's got amazing contact with the audience!! I liked him talking all the time hehe
I have to agree that Koki is pretty cool :D and I like Ueda a little bit now as well hehe such a crybaby :cry: he was cute in some strange childish way :lol but Junno & Nakamaru didn't impress me much
I totally disliked their clothes!!! :crazy: I thought I was prepared for the worst but I actually didn't expect it to be that bad!!
They are all great dancers so the perf itself wasn't that bad (I'll just turn off the sound next time XD) and it was pretty funny too specially the part with book reading :wub: Junno was cute as tokei san :mrgreen: hmm but I didn't faint even once :whistling:
what I liked the most was actually the SP clip at the end mwahaha I found out what KAT-TUN means in English :rofl:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 27th, '05, 02:34

i'm downloading the one you're talking about right now, the one i was sorta reviewing up there was the winter concert kaizokuban with the pirate theme. that has been on jpopsuki for a while.

lol, goodness, i hope downloading this new one isn't too much a waste of time.
as you can see from the song review above, their music didn't impress me much on this one either, there are a few nice ones though, but i can't say it was a waste of bandwidth either. maybe give it a try and see.

KAT-TUN as in cartoon you mean? that's the explanation i've seen for it.
and where junno is concerned, he just seems to be the most acrobatic in the bunch and i liked what i saw in kaizokuban. i guess you'll just have to see for yourself :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 27th, '05, 02:51

oh that's what I thought :lol ok so I'd better go and look for the other concert hehe I hope it's better than this one :lol and I hope Jin has a better hairstyle too XD
this First Concert was really nothing special imo but it actually surprised me coz I have a lot of perf clips and I liked most of them :roll
yup, Junno it the the most acrobatic and that's all actually but Koki is :wub: but Jin is my number 1 and nothing will change it :heart:
and yes, it was cartoon but I was so surprised that it has a meaning that I just couldn't stop laughing :lol
hmm I guess it's worth downloading just to watch this SP which is really cute. they are talking about the band and about each member :-) really sweet

edit: Kaizokuban has no seeders so I think I'll download Kat-tun ocean concert :-)

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 27th, '05, 03:03

the kazokuban has a third part which is just the members talking too, i haven't really watched that yet.
jin's hairstyle, eh? was it that scary? :lol his hairstyle in this one is basically the same as in gokusen 2 which i liked. :wub:
again, i'm not plugging any songs here, don't expect too much on that basis. :mrgreen:
i agree that none will replace bakanishi no matter what, but i've given koki a solid third place now. :P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 27th, '05, 03:21

I loved his hairstyle in Gokusen 2!! :wub: my favourite one hehe but here ha's got this kinda blondish hair that I don't like much

hihi Hanasanaide ai was really cool!! dance was hot and I liked the song before = the best part of the concert :wub:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 27th, '05, 03:33

oh, i'd heard he had his hair blondish once, but never saw it til this pic:

i still think the pic is hot though, probably cause you don't see much of the hair. :lol

i prefer black and dark brown on him myself. :wub:

Panda Chan

Post by Panda Chan » Nov 27th, '05, 03:34

Cute All Gang!!!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 27th, '05, 17:41

ironicwave wrote: Image
gosh this hairstyle was pretty horrible XD Jin looked kinda ok only when wearing his bakaboushi :mrgreen:

but I meant something like this...it's not really blond hehe

anyway, I've just found out that the concert I'm downloading right now is the one you have hehe it was uploaded in 2 versions so I got little bit confused :P have part 2 & 3 but part one is still around 10% :cry:

don't you have an impression that Kame is a leader of the band? the whole First Concert was his show and the others were only a bonus (a nice one :wub: ) the same was in that SP at the end...I don't know if he's really a leader it's just what I noticed when watching that concert :lol

about the songs...I found some mp3 I have on my comp and Jin's solo songs are my favourite of course but I also like Hanasanaide ai, Never Again, Real7 and Love or like
I don't like Le Ciel XD
but this are only few songs I remember...I have to watch the other concert and I'm waiting for their debut :-)

jica

Post by jica » Nov 27th, '05, 18:38

I've read somewhere that Ueda is the leader, but I don't think he acts like that. Yes, Kame seems more to be the leader (and Jin seems to be the most popular...)

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 27th, '05, 18:49

i haven't seen anything definitive stating that kame is the leader of the band, nor that he isn't... but after reading the bits on ueda on "i see ueda" fansite, i doubt ueda is the leader. it says kame took him under his wing because he's had to deal with a lot of insecurities and only after kame did this did he start to open up and relax.
kame in a leader position seems natural, though i've heard they all pretty much look up to nakamaru (is he the oldest?). both kame and bakanishi are very popular, but kame seems calmer than bakajin, so this strengthens any assumption of his being a leader-type. not that i really care anyway... in terms of talent i'm convinced that akame are just the major talent in the band, while the others surely bring their own into it, they seem secondary on just about every level.
on a different angle, i'm still sort of appalled at what i read about the ueda - nishikido conflict... i haven't seen any real footage, just the "hear-say" on "i see ueda", but if it's a fact, i'm stunned. i would've never pegged ryo to be that kind of person, bashing on someone weaker (atrocious). but i'll reserve judgement on that til i see some concrete evidence, it just being a statement as is, i find it hard to believe.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 27th, '05, 20:45

I'm pretty sure that Ueda is not the leader :P
and about Kame...it's not that I care about it or something :P maybe he's just extremely talkative hehe and that's why I got such an impression :roll
about Ueda and Ryo...hehe people were talking about this on different forums so I think it's true :mrgreen: haven't seen this show myself tho. I'm not a NewS fan (Ryo is from NewS, right? :unsure: ) so I actually know nothing about him...however I read that fans weren't surprised with such a behavior :mrgreen: hehe we should ask someone from PBF since those girl are real Ryo specialists :lol

and here's one of my favourite Ueda pix (omg he should eat more XD)
(credit: jdorama)

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 28th, '05, 00:37

i thought ryo was from news too, but i've heard him mentioned in combo with kanjani8, but who the hell knows with all their crossover performances anyway? if fans aren't surprised by such behaviour, are you referring to ryo in particular (as in he's just a major ass) or johnny's entertainment groups period? and here i thought just women went through that kind of henpecking amongst themselves. :lol

and ueda does need to eat more, well, most of them do, they'd surely blow away in a stiff breeze. :lol 8)

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 28th, '05, 00:56

ironicwave wrote: if fans aren't surprised by such behaviour, are you referring to ryo in particular (as in he's just a major ass)
that's what I meant :mrgreen:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 28th, '05, 01:00

yamatsumi wrote:
ironicwave wrote: if fans aren't surprised by such behaviour, are you referring to ryo in particular (as in he's just a major ass)
that's what I meant :mrgreen:
LOL! well, then, no ryo nishikido thread for him. :P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 28th, '05, 01:08

ironicwave wrote: LOL! well, then, no ryo nishikido thread for him. :P
as I said I'm not a NewS fan so... :whistling: but how anyone can be sooo mean to sweet Ueda? :crazy:

anyway, this is sooo cute haha Bakanishi looks as usual :rofl:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 28th, '05, 01:11

buahahaha, now i see how the monkey reference in korean actors fits. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: i don't really know much about news other than yamapi being in it i guess, but i liked ryo from ganbatte ikimasshoi! and 1 litre of tears, so that news is fairly disappointing. i'm not a fan of bullying the weak (who in their right mind would be?) so here's me wondering what the hell is up his ass. :cussing:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 28th, '05, 01:16

gosh, why is Ryo sooo mean to Ueda-kun??? :x did Ueda do anything to him that made him mad??? that's why i don't like Ryo.what's up with him anyways???messing with kawaii Ueda??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i like NEWS but not him.
yama-chan, funny pic of KAT-TUN in monkey suites :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 28th, '05, 01:20

Jecky wrote:gosh, why is Ryo sooo mean to Ueda-kun??? :x did Ueda do anything to him that made him mad??? :crazy: that's why i don't like Ryo. :crazy:
yama-chan, funny pic of KAT-TUN in monkey suites :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
he said he just don't like him and that's why :evil:

oooooh so that are suites? and I thought they eventually showed their true faces without makeup and stuff :whistling: :lol

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 28th, '05, 01:27

lol and while we were on the subject of being mean....
shame on you, yamatsumi :P

this isn't much better though than the pic of yamapi in a sheep's outfit. i swear they make them wear the dumbest crap. just one of the minor sacrifices of being a celebrity eh? making a complete ass out of yourself for all to see. :lol

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 28th, '05, 01:33

yamatsumi wrote: oooooh so that are suites? and I thought they eventually showed their true faces without makeup and stuff :whistling: :lol
haha... :lol :lol :lol KAT-TUN really look kawaii in the monkey suits though :lol XD and as i read for a couple of posts b4, Ueda is the leader. if u have seen their first concert and at the end in the interview,KAT-TUN were cheering for their leader bcuz he was saying thanks to all the fans or something....but i really do perfer Kame to be the leader though :unsure: Ueda is doing an O.K. job as leader :thumright:
Attachments
kawaii ueda
kawaii ueda
u3.JPG (18.34 KiB) Viewed 14042 times

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 28th, '05, 01:48

ironicwave: me being mean? NEVER!! :mrgreen:
Jecky wrote: and as i read for a couple of posts b4, Ueda is the leader. if u have seen their first concert and at the end in the interview,KAT-TUN were cheering for their leader bcuz he was saying thanks to all the fans or something....but i really do perfer Kame to be the leader though :unsure: Ueda is doing an O.K. job as leader :thumright:
really? I watched that yesterday and I don't remember that part XD but Ueda doesn't seem to be a leader type to me...
and I must say that Kame got a big + for taking care of Ueda :thumleft:

I'm uploading the rest of this cute photo session with the little girl...the pix will be up in a minute :-)

done...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
(credit: idolthoughts)

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 28th, '05, 05:05

^ that little girl is sooo lucky....taking pics with KAT-TUN and all :glare: i wish i was her......cute pics though :wub: thanks yama-chan for sharing them :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 29th, '05, 01:37

Jecky: nice pic of Ueda! thanks girl

just wanna say... JUNNO, TANJOUBI OMEDETOU!!!

my favourite Junno pic :wub:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 29th, '05, 06:10

^ Oh yeah, it's Junno-kun's birthday! :party:
:party: HAPPI B-DAY JUNNO!!!!! :party:

:dance: :party: :dance: :party: :dance: :party: :dance: :party: :dance: :party: :dance:
(credits to Johnnysjrfans2004 & milk white)

xLilVietDevilx

Post by xLilVietDevilx » Nov 29th, '05, 06:17

WE LOVE KAZUYA kaka :wub:
Attachments
Kamenashi Kazuya 18.jpg
Kamenashi Kazuya 18.jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 13965 times

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 29th, '05, 18:26

@yamatsumi: OMG, i just watched that first concert. :lol :rofl:

ok, now i see what you mean, i can now safely say the kaizokuban is way better.
buahaha, still laughing.... ok, enough of that.... it was their first after all.... buahahaha....

it's good to see their performances as well as the boys themselves have matured. that was pretty darn.... i can't even find an appropriate word.... :scratch:

was it hasanaide you liked? that one was pretty good actually, i liked it too. and love or like sounded better in this one than kaizokuban for some reason.
the talk session was nice as well. but altogether, not too many high points in there, eh? :blink

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 29th, '05, 18:42

ironicwave: now I'm laughing too :rofl: I really hope that the other one is better hehe I need an opportunity to faint :lol and there was non in this first concert :roll even Jin singing Kimi wo Omoutoki wasn't all that hot :cry:

yup I like hanasanaide ai and love or like :D hanasanaide ai is my favourite part coz not only the song is nice but I also like them dancing there (and the clothes were the best too)
and love or like...hmm did the sing this one? :unsure: I've got mp3 downloaded from jdorama and I think it's not that bad coz I can actually listen to it without looking at them hihi

I'm still downloading kaizokuban :cry: I'm still missing the 1st part but the speed is not that bad today...5-6kb/s XD (at least it's moving :roll ) and I've already got 52% :cheers: maybe I'll finish it by the end of this week :P

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 29th, '05, 19:35

holy crap, i totally forgot to comment on those HIDEOUS FITTERS!!! XD XD XD
their stylist must've been on drugs of some sort. :alcoholic: :goggle:
please dear lord say they didn't pick those themselves. :lol
i'll seed the first part for you too, but be warned, my upload is probably crappier than those outfits. :P but hey, if it adds 1 or 2 kb/s..... :whistling:

EDIT: ok, it took a while, but i'm finally connected to you, unless there's someone else with bitcomet from poland. :lol like i said, u/l rate won't be much since i can't direct the speed to you alone.... but whatever, can't hurt. :-
EDIT take 2: ummm, i think i figured out how to route my u/l to just you at least on this torrent. going at about 3-5 kb/s... :lol that's at least a 50% increase.... yay, i'm so proud of my crap connection. :cheers:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 29th, '05, 20:15

^ thanks girl :thumleft: it's 18kb/s now :cheers:

and their clothes are horrible but I'm sure they didn't pic it up themselves :lol I think that there's only one stylist for the whole J's jr coz their clothes looks all the same XD
that cap of Jin I posted earlier was from hanasanaide ai and this outfit isn't that bad :mrgreen:
hmm I think I'll take some caps from different shows they were in :lol or this would be too scary :fear:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 29th, '05, 20:26

heh, could be scary if the shows are older... i did download a few of the variety shows they do just for kicks... there's a lot of fun stuff on those... japanese tv shows still amaze me with their sheer silliness.... but definitely not worse than any of the crap i would see if i actually watched tv here in germany... which i adeptly avoid like the plague... XD

btw, i have a scheduled disconnect in about 3 hours or so, but i'll try to hook back up to you when i come back on. *pats her little ip locator widget* :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 29th, '05, 20:34

I hope I'll finish it in 3 hours :pray:

I think I have something uploaded to megaupload (I have to find a link tho) but it's not a perf hehe but they are standing in that scary outfits hehe I'll look for it in a minute :D I's Koki, Nakamaru & Kame voice lesson and Jin starting baito clip have you seen it? really fanny :lol

in the meanwhile Junno pix...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 29th, '05, 20:41

found it.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BX113MQM :lol omg poor Kame hihi
Last edited by gunjourui on Dec 28th, '05, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 29th, '05, 20:45

nope, don't think i have... i'll have to check the shows i downloaded, i've only seen one kattun da! episode where koki and ueda go to a sports stadium to show how to dj a volleyball game or somesuch stuff. i wish the other two rotten shows would finally finish so i could just put out all my 16 kb/s max to you..... i know, it sux.... XD
i don't see that part really finishing in 3 hours, but like i said, i'll be back on immediately and try to hook up.

those junno pics are really nice, though after seeing him in those talks he seems kinda stiff to me.... or maybe not very sure of himself? just a feeling i got....

i'll check back a little later, have japanese lessons with my online sensei soon. :lol

oi, was just about to post when i saw your link.... thx a bunch.... :thumright:

EDIT: oh yeah and junno, happy b-day and stuff.... :lol

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 29th, '05, 22:22

really big thanks for seeding this :salut: gosh this is going to take awhile :P

Junno looks cute in those pix but I had the same impression hmm there was something about him that didn't really interested me but who knows maybe I'll change my mind...I used to wonder how anyone could like MatsuJun and now.. :wub: hihi I need to watch more shows with T-TUN to make up my mind about them...I already like Koki and Ueda tho :-)

here are some songs that I've got from jdorama for those who haven't seen the concert and don't know their songs :-) (all songs extracted from concerts):

Jin (solo) - Care <--- my totally favourite :heart:
Jin (solo) - Amazing Kiss <--- a serious fangirling is going on when I listen to this song XD god I have to see him singing this song :mrgreen:
Kame (solo) - Natsu no owari <--- kinda cute Kame solo song...it reminds me of some other song but I can't remember which one :scratch: and there's this fangirl shouting Kame :D
KAT-TUN - Hanasanaide ai <--- this is fun!! :lol always feel better after listening to it hihi
KAT-TUN - Love or Like <--- I like it more and more!! :wub: this is a really good one!!
(credit goes to girls from jdorama)
Last edited by gunjourui on Dec 28th, '05, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 30th, '05, 05:02

^^ :w00t: OMG!!! thanks sooo much yama-chan for all those KAT-TUN music. LOVE or LIKE has got to be one of my favorite.it sounds soooo good :music: also thanks for the clip. it was sooo funny :rofl: Bakanishi and Kame look soooo kawaii XD XD XD
kawaii Junno pics too :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: he's just sooo adorable too :wub:
thanks again for sharing them :mrgreen:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 30th, '05, 17:20

^ no problem! glad you liked it :D and those voice lessons are so funny hehe I have another one somewhere..with Junno, Koki & Kame :lol gosh this sensei is hilarious :rofl:

btw, anyone heard Ne ganbaruyo? KAT-TUN sing it with kanjani8...it's another nice one :wub:

EDIT: I uploaded this song and added link :-)
Last edited by gunjourui on Dec 28th, '05, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 30th, '05, 17:36

thx for the links, yamatsumi.... i haven't listened to them all yet, but i also really liked hanasanaide ai. :wub:

and that clip was hilarious, that sort of side glance kame gives koki and nakamaru right after he asks her to practice with him too and she goes: HUH? waaaaaaah, that cracked me up!!! :lol :lol :lol he is so good with his facial expressions!!!
wonderful clip yamatsumi, really.... hontouni arigatou, ne? :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 30th, '05, 17:55

I'll look for the second lesson hehe I just don't remember how I named that clip so it may take some time :P in the meanwhile I'm uploading something else :-)
btw, is megaupload ok with you? I know it doesn't work for some but I just don't like using YSI :mrgreen: let me know if it doesn't work

ironicwave: can U seed kaizokuban for a bit longer? :pray: yesterday I almost fell asleep waiting for the download to be finished eh but I didn't make it :cry: I'm at 91.7% right now onegai!! btw, I've got all KAT-TUN da! eps if you needed help in the future :P

ok upload finished..
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SREKKBZE
Last edited by gunjourui on Dec 28th, '05, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 30th, '05, 19:39

done :-)
koki, junno & kame voice lesson + Jin-superman haha this one is also hilarious :lol I watched it again and still can't stop laughing :rofl: Kame really has to understand neko's feelings :mrgreen:

nya~~ minna :lol
Last edited by gunjourui on Dec 28th, '05, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 30th, '05, 19:57

oh, i had assumed you were done, but i guess we just weren't connected any longer... sure, i'll seed some more. megaupload is fine, when it doesn't want to work i use the "save as" function which has always done the trick so far...
i do have all the current kat-tun da! episodes, the only one i can't seem to finish is kat-tunx3 2005.08.06.... one seeder, barely any upload at all. :-(
thx for the new link, always enjoy those skits. :lol

ok, lemme see about that connection again. :-)

EDIT: ok, i gotcha... no disconnects pending, so should finish soon...

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 30th, '05, 21:47

it's finished :cheers: thanks so much!! if not you I would have to spend next 19h downloading this last 8% XD I'll keep seeding this file until the rest of the people finish :-)

oh so you have all eps of KAT-TUN da!? I thought you had only one hehe bad memory (not good not good coz the exam is on Sunday :roll ) unfortunately I don't have that show you're trying to download :-( most of the older files is poorly seeded so I didn't managed to get them :cry:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 30th, '05, 22:18

well, it IS still being seeded, it will just take me about 3 days... :lol
i only went for kat-tun da! and kat-tunx3, didn't bother with the rest....
if you need any of those, just let me know...
back to japanese lesson for me and good luck on your exam. :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 30th, '05, 22:22

ok, I should check kat-tunx3 than :-)

yup, I should study too :sweat: btw, don't you take nihongo nouryoku shiken this year? what's the level of your Japanese?

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 30th, '05, 22:37

nope, no such exams for me... this is just a hobby... but i have an online sensei who kicks me in the butt to actually learn... he knows japanese extremely well, though not a native speaker himself and i test out what i learn from him on my japanese friend. :lol
if not for him, i doubt i'd make any progress at all... XD

EDIT: i can't really tell you my level as such, i'm not entirely ignorant of the language, but very far from fluent, hard to say... :scratch: