[TwDrama] The Rose (TTV, 2003)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
kurukuku

Post by kurukuku » Aug 31st, '05, 17:55

I love this series so.............so much!!!! :wub: :wub: Someone can upload this in clubbox for me? Pleaseeeeeeee :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

xiaolin

Post by xiaolin » Sep 10th, '05, 00:06

Does anyone know any working OST links for this series? Especially to the ending song called sung by 阿桑 called leaves?

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Sep 11th, '05, 21:05

xiaolin wrote:Does anyone know any working OST links for this series? Especially to the ending song called sung by 阿桑 called leaves?
Well I was never able to get the full OST for this drama, but I do have the beginning song "Hua Dou Kai Hao Le" that S.H.E. sang, and the ending song you were talking about "Ye Zi (Leaves)" sung by A-Sun. But if you want them, just let me know and I will send them to you somehow either through megaupload, clubbox, or whatever..... :D

Roudy

Post by Roudy » Sep 13th, '05, 19:52

does anyone know where can I dl the manga of this drama. because I heard that cloud412 dropped the rose project after ep 17 and I really liked the show.
I cant understand chinese so plz help me.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Nov 29th, '05, 00:18

Short story: I haven't touched anything related to dramas lately so I have no idea what is going on. Haven't visited this forum at all.. or go online that often unless I have something serious to do. I feel extremely irresponsible about not saying anything before leaving, but I think I'm just really stressed and moody, and can't help it. Too many things have happened.

I don't know if anybody even cares anymore, but for fans of this series who seriously want to take it on and realize that it does require a great deal of commitment, pm me within the next week or so if you are reliable and have the ability to do it. I will mail you my dvds and hopefully something can take off.

Edit: Also, for people who e-mailed me, I considered this my recreational account so I ended up not using it when I wanted to focus on work & school. My account ended up getting deactivated due to inactivity so I didn't mean to ignore you, but if I did, I probably didn't even get your message.

and for those I feel like I owe explanation to without going into detail. I've been very tired & stressed out. My problems?
Family member has schizophrenia, went into hospital, came back and has experienced multiple relapses.
Another family member had a stroke, coma, paraylzed.
Gambler uncle opened credit card account under his brother and incurred a lot of debt. His own brother sues him. My dad ended up paying for everything. He's never had anything resembling luxury, and as a family, we've never had anything because he always working, frugally saving up this money and it's all gone. Worse yet is that I know that person is insincere and I doubt my dad will see the money until he's a crippling old man.
Just a lot of strain and tension with one of my siblings as well.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 30th, '05, 22:11

u really have to go thru a lot... im really sorry to hear that :( but dont worry... im sure things will eventually be better, so dont lose all your courage ok? my family experiences most of the things ur going thru too... so i guess we are similar in some way, eh? u just have to cheer up and live ur life to the fullest... life is never fair but believe me, there r ppl who are living even worse than us ^^ and remember there r always ppl who r praying for u n ur happiness too (i am!)
well i just knew bout this series The Rose.... i ve always been a big fan of the manga, but never knew that it was made into a c-drama!! pretty awesome i must say :D n i really want to watch it...
so does any kind soul know of a clubbox link that has this drama? i tried the links in the previous page but they didnt work T_T sigh if sm1 could upload it in their clubbox, ill be more than grateful!!

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Nov 30th, '05, 22:15

olala i just checked Jadedangel's clubbox!!! and i found the first 2 eps of The rose!!! thanks a million ^^ plz let me be ur humble servant!! hehehe um im not sure if they hav subs in it but anyway imma dl them first and see how its like kekekek the two male characters r pretty hot! (from thepics i saw :P) thanks to jadedangel again <3 <3 <3

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 9th, '05, 05:00

hi does any1 still hav the Making of or the NGs of this drama? id love to see them :wub: so if u do plzz share it with me ive tried searchin for it but all the official sites were dead :( so T_T... ill really appreciate it if u can share it with me somehow :) thanks

Zaino

Post by Zaino » Dec 12th, '05, 16:05

Can anyone have sharing this series in clubbox, please post it again? I would like to see this series so much. Thank you. :roll

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 15th, '05, 19:28

lavenderchan

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 31st, '06, 03:21

ummm, I was just wondering if there were 24 or 30 ep to the rose. thanks.

cel

Post by cel » May 11th, '06, 14:11

Currently watching ep 10 and all I can say is that I really like it. Joe cheng is so cute playing a not so straight guy. I absolutely love him! :wub: . Hopefully I can finish Dling this series.

christinachan

[Discussion]The Rose

Post by christinachan » May 11th, '06, 14:47

Hi!!!!....Just a little something that i would like to sure with those who enjoys this drama....I've watch this drama abut 2 years ago,immediately i fell in love with the character played by Ella of S.H.E....at the same time i also fell for JIN and KUAH(Played by Jerry Wei and Joe Cheng)...in fact i even meet up with Jin or Jerry on his bday last year and have spoken to him this year too on his bday....In real life, he's a very nice guy and quite a big kid tooo!!!! :roll :wub: :D :P

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: [Discussion]The Rose

Post by gixo » May 11th, '06, 15:13

christinachan wrote:Hi!!!!....Just a little something that i would like to sure with those who enjoys this drama....I've watch this drama abut 2 years ago,immediately i fell in love with the character played by Ella of S.H.E....at the same time i also fell for JIN and KUAH(Played by Jerry Wei and Joe Cheng)...in fact i even meet up with Jin or Jerry on his bday last year and have spoken to him this year too on his bday....In real life, he's a very nice guy and quite a big kid tooo!!!! :roll :wub: :D :P
I am so jealous. haha. You actually met him in real life. Does he really look as handsome as in the dramas?
Btw. is the making of available somewhere? Haven't found it on d-a but I read that someone wanted to ul it.

christinachan

[Discussion]The Rose

Post by christinachan » May 12th, '06, 21:25

Actually!!!...JIN/Jerry is really as good looking as in the drama :P , besides that, there's the extra charm that he usually only shows with people he's comfortable with....I was
lucky to have met him last yr during his Bday :D , unlike the year before, he was very relax and happy...Just like a small boy!...especially after he receive his present from us!!!!...Really miss not going this year :evil: ...it was a BBQ an d he spend more time with the fans this time round!!!...Hope to be able to go next year.

LollyPop

Post by LollyPop » Aug 4th, '06, 20:36

i love this drame so much :wub: ! i cant find episodes past 19 for the aiv :cry: . are there any more? can someone help me? :pray: please!

om369

Post by om369 » Aug 7th, '06, 10:55

http://www.youtube.com

You can check this link here :-)

It goes exactly accordingly & with chinese subtitles. ALL 35 episodes.

I watched the whole thing BECAUSE I needed to know what happens in the end & if Kui is really Ella's brother in the end.

you must put in the rose & the author is jakondo

ALSO you should sign in too it does not cost anything & it is free :roll

om369

Post by om369 » Aug 7th, '06, 20:50

I do like her alot after seeing the rose...

I do want to know though ... in the rose what episode shows Jin accidently walking into Ella's room while she's naked???

booklvr1256

Post by booklvr1256 » Nov 2nd, '06, 01:15

Hey! Does anyone know of another summary for this drama beside the one at lunardreamz? Or can you make up a summary of this drama by yourself? Because I'm not sure if I want to watch it or not and the summary at lunardreamz doesn't really give you much info on what it's about.

aznstarlu

[Twdrama] The Rose

Post by aznstarlu » Dec 7th, '06, 04:33

i love this series~!
i know its old but its really good
but it has lots of meanings to every show [:

i love how ELLA acts in this. its like she can easily cry any second!
:lol

hrmm i was wondering if anyone knew more about the actors? like the one who plays JIN (Huang Zhi Wei OR jerry Huang) <--from drama wiki

i think hes cool xP
and and ella is just the best <33

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Dec 7th, '06, 05:26

there's already a thread for this...

- http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_6605.htm

aznstarlu

Post by aznstarlu » Dec 7th, '06, 05:37

oh.
haha whoops im sorry x[

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 23rd, '07, 03:09

the drama is pretty good///kept me watching it until episode 8 from the beginning. i luv ella and joe cheng in it. (actually Kui was the main reason y i started watching this drama!) but i didnt like Jin, so...unconvincing and emotionless...how could Bai He fall in luv with HIM?! and the ending sucks...o my poor Kui....(wanna hug him so tite and give him a kiss on the cheek) but yeah, as i was saying the beginning was better than the later ones cuz it's kinda repetitive,,

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Feb 23rd, '07, 03:12

nigoat wrote:the drama is pretty good///kept me watching it until episode 8 from the beginning. i luv ella and joe cheng in it. (actually Kui was the main reason y i started watching this drama!) but i didnt like Jin, so...unconvincing and emotionless...how could Bai He fall in luv with HIM?! and the ending sucks...o my poor Kui....(wanna hug him so tite and give him a kiss on the cheek) but yeah, as i was saying the beginning was better than the later ones cuz it's kinda repetitive,,
please don't say that. I haven't finished yet. But I do for sorry for Kui.Everyone he loves it related to him. But something is seriously wrong with Jin.

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 23rd, '07, 17:08

Tatsuri wrote:
nigoat wrote:the drama is pretty good///kept me watching it until episode 8 from the beginning. i luv ella and joe cheng in it. (actually Kui was the main reason y i started watching this drama!) but i didnt like Jin, so...unconvincing and emotionless...how could Bai He fall in luv with HIM?! and the ending sucks...o my poor Kui....(wanna hug him so tite and give him a kiss on the cheek) but yeah, as i was saying the beginning was better than the later ones cuz it's kinda repetitive,,
please don't say that. I haven't finished yet. But I do for sorry for Kui.Everyone he loves it related to him. But something is seriously wrong with Jin.
omg :goggle: sorry! but keep watching it u'll find it totally worth while watching...and altho i didnt like Jin nor the ending, i cried at a lot of scenes where Jin and BaiHe...ok i'll stop cuz i'll just gonna ruin it for those who havent finished watching it...

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » Mar 1st, '07, 06:52

hi guys

I want this Drama on dvd but only find the VCD version
where can I get it help me please

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 2nd, '07, 08:17

nikita wrote:hi guys

you won't find a DVD with sub's on it though. you can buy it on this chinese website that sells chinese movies its like a low budget website. i don't remember the site sorry

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » Mar 4th, '07, 13:24

christaluvsdrama wrote:
nikita wrote:hi guys

you won't find a DVD with sub's on it though. you can buy it on this chinese website that sells chinese movies its like a low budget website. i don't remember the site sorry

Thank you I found one

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Aug 28th, '07, 15:29

OMG. I've tried finding The Rose in a full VCD set with subs and all thoe extra NG's and behind the scenes stuff. but NO. Ever store I've tried. I only manage to find the boot-legged one with no subs and no NG's. Worth it? I think not. Can't believe nobody likes Jin/Jerry. I think that Jin's character is suppose to be dull and when he rages out he becomes all angry and all. But i see ppl disliking JERRY for the character. I definetly think that Jerry is a GREAT actor for being to put up with all that. Plus he's extremely HOT. And as for Kui, he was my i guess second favorite charactrer- a very diversed actor if you've seen what he's played for as other characters for other dramas. But my heart was rooting for Bai He and Jin all the way!!. The ending was AMAZING!- ill say no more. But i'm extremely extremely confused about one thing: Okay dont look if u haven't seen the ending ;)
How can Jin love Qin and Bai He at the same time? Did he see something in Bai He at first that resembled Qin?-And that's why he started liking her? Or was it that she changed him? Who does he love more?
^i know it's like a billion never ending question, but i would liked it if a few were answered! Thanks!!!- Besides this, this is the only site and thread that i can find of The Rose. WHY?! is it that unpopular? But i saw that it was 2004's most watched drama. And when you search it up, not many links come up with The Rose...Its by far my favorite drama although it's pretty old!

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Aug 31st, '07, 12:39

euniceng446 wrote:OMG. I've tried finding The Rose in a full VCD set with subs and all thoe extra NG's and behind the scenes stuff. but NO. Ever store I've tried. I only manage to find the boot-legged one with no subs and no NG's. Worth it? I think not. Can't believe nobody likes Jin/Jerry. I think that Jin's character is suppose to be dull and when he rages out he becomes all angry and all. But i see ppl disliking JERRY for the character. I definetly think that Jerry is a GREAT actor for being to put up with all that. Plus he's extremely HOT. And as for Kui, he was my i guess second favorite charactrer- a very diversed actor if you've seen what he's played for as other characters for other dramas. But my heart was rooting for Bai He and Jin all the way!!. The ending was AMAZING!- ill say no more. But i'm extremely extremely confused about one thing: Okay dont look if u haven't seen the ending ;)
How can Jin love Qin and Bai He at the same time? Did he see something in Bai He at first that resembled Qin?-And that's why he started liking her? Or was it that she changed him? Who does he love more?
^i know it's like a billion never ending question, but i would liked it if a few were answered! Thanks!!!- Besides this, this is the only site and thread that i can find of The Rose. WHY?! is it that unpopular? But i saw that it was 2004's most watched drama. And when you search it up, not many links come up with The Rose...Its by far my favorite drama although it's pretty old!
From what I know there weren't any english subs made(legally) only japanese and korean and like vietnamese from the sites I checked for long ago. So its a blessing that ppl here were willing to do these.

Okay!! I have a reply for you
Say your husband died and when he was alive he said when he died that if he ever left he'd want you to find someone else to love again. Okay! Now your husband is dead, didn't you love him when he was still alive? Just like your other family members if they passed away, won't you still love them. So, I don't see anything wrong with Jin always loving Qin, but he loved her to the point where he just didn't move on with his life, so he was stuck in his memories of when Qin was alive, him loving her. Bai He comes in the picture and changes his life, brought him back out of the darkness and he starts to live and love again. Bai He didn't resemble Qin. What was Bai He like? She wasn't stunningly beautiful(I'm not saying Ella is ugly, I think she's beautiful actually, but the character, just referring to the manga)smart, but she was very naive, innocent, but kind and had a warming nature about her and she had beautiful heart which made her very beautiful in that sense. When someone dies, don't you initially forever will keep them in your heart? That love doesn't seem so wrong, does it?

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Sep 7th, '07, 23:01

^ I guess i kinda get it, but he still thinks about Qin too much. I know his love for her was so strong but he thinks about her everyday. But i understand what you mean. Who do YOU think Jin loves more in the ending? It's just hard for me to accept how a man can love two women SO much at the same time, alive or dead. But i understand. Thanks! :)

ali_sen

Post by ali_sen » Sep 7th, '07, 23:27

This was by and far the most amazing drama I've ever seen. While I've liked pretty much every drama that I've been able to find with Joe Cheng, this was the first drama in which his acting was astounding. I hope he won an award!

I suppose Jerry/Jin did a good job too, but I just didn't find him even remotely attractive. I (and all my friends here) were rooting for Joe all the way! But it was really Joe's acting (and Bai He's devious sister) that livened up what otherwise would be a very tedious story, albeit great plot.

euniceng446

Post by euniceng446 » Sep 7th, '07, 23:52

^ AGREED. this was by far the BEST drama i have ever watched compared to the other 38 dramas. but i really like jin better. idk why. I already watched all the other dramas by joe cheng. and it was because of him and ella that i watched this, but in the end i liked Jerry Huang the best. ( his acting and him!) his character had this weird attraction, personality- wise...but also looks- wise. i love this drama.

Somekindofpeanutdessert

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Oct 16th, '07, 17:08

At first I didn't like this one. It was too out of the ordinary. But I kept watching and I couldn't stop until I was finished. Joe was amazing in it. Really different from how I was used to seeing him (I saw ISWAK first). I thought though, that the whole Jin/Bai He romantic development was boring. I didn't think the guy who played Jin was a very good actor. He was too stiff and didn't have enough personality. So the whole time I was most interested in the Kui-inner-conflict about being in love with his sister. What made me really mad though, was that there was that girl, Xiao Feng, and she's in the opening credits and everything, and it appears as though she's meant to be the new Kui-love-interest, so I'm sitting here through the whole drama waiting for her to show up thinking "Oh yay! Kui is going to eventually learn how to love other people so he can be happy too!" So she shows up for one episode and chases after Kui and he starts to be accepting of her and even has the whole flashback thing going on and says to her "When you're not here look up at the stars and think that I'm looking at them too" and blah blah blah and for what? She ups and leaves after an episode and Kui is left chasing after Bai He again. And then he's left miserable at the very end and he gets no one! And no one cares about him at all! ARGH!

So now that I'm done venting, I have a question. There's this one song from The Rose that's not on the soundtrack and I'm trying to figure out what it is. It shows up in a couple scenes. It's a guy singing and I couldn't tell you any of the lyrics because I don't speak Mandarin well. Oh, and it's not the guy version of Ye Xu You Yi Tian. But does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Mar 22nd, '09, 19:02

So far I watched the first 8 epi...boy if it's addicting!! :w00t:
Seriously, once you start it you can't possibly put it down :lol
I already knew the manga (what a complex plot **) and I must say it follows the original story pretty well...plus the actors are very appropriate in their roles. I've heard only good things about it, and myself I couldn't say otherwise :thumleft: