How did you come across D-Addicts?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

How did you come across D-Addicts?

Friend's recommendation
18%
Link from Jdorama
10%
Link from other sites
25%
I googled it
17%
Luck
22%
Others
8%

Total votes: 180

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 19th, '05, 07:40

I got to know d-addicts on jdorama.com :)

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Oct 19th, '05, 08:35

i actually found d-addicts while googling for jem encodes and chinese/korean dramas...i used to go to jem's original website like his first one http:encodes.free.fr or something like that and this was like in 2003 or something but there was such a lack of seeds there that downloads took forever and i stopped searching for dramas :-( ....but late in 2004 while on college campus i missed watchn dramas and i was like homesick and I started searching for dramas again and dundundun...d-addicts showed up:D i was so delighted....hahaha :lol it kept me company when i was homesick.... 8)

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Oct 21st, '05, 02:44

It's been so long since I've been a member of d-addicts that I don't even remember how I came upon it, so I just chose luck. ^_^

doramara-ba
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by doramara-ba » Oct 21st, '05, 03:49

A little over a year ago I was channel surfing and came across a station that happened to be showing the drama Good Luck!!. It looked like a great drama, so I googled to see if I could find it. Someone (not gingertoys) was selling it on eBay for $20 (with English subtitles even!) and to save money on shipping I bought Good Luck!! and Summer Snow at the same time. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I saw 'Did you buy this on eBay?' appear on the screen! The subsequent messages referred me to JTV's IRC channel for free downloads, but the queues were so long I don't think I ever managed to download a single episode of anything. Ultimately I found my way to JTV's web site and found d-addicts through a link on their site. I've been d-addict'ed ever since--of course now instead of buying dramas on eBay, I send PayPal donations :-)

Mrs Hwang

Post by Mrs Hwang » Oct 21st, '05, 15:43

Hello, I joined d-addicts today so I thought this thread would be a good way of an introduction. :-)

I'm a mature student at Sheffield University in the UK doing East Asian studies and Korean language. Luckily, one of the guys in my Korean class also enjoys watching K-dramas and he is the one who recommended this site to me. So, thank you, Ray (or 레이) if you ever read this! :lol

Mrs Hwang
aka Suzanne 수잔

floss

Post by floss » Oct 21st, '05, 18:46

Googled for some tv torrents from mainland china, then I found this place. I wasn't really looking for dramas, but oh well I guess. I haven't watched much of anything from here because I'm waiting for any new series released w/ subbed, in order not to get crappy d/l speeds. So I'm here (GD) most of the time.

mutinous

Post by mutinous » Oct 21st, '05, 18:49

friends recommendations!

best recommendation EVER!

KimiWaPet2150

Post by KimiWaPet2150 » Oct 22nd, '05, 14:31

I was searching everywhere for a Kimi Wa Pet torrent, and finally found one through you guys. ^__^ I love D-addicts! ::huggles you all::

- Rachel

slashdevdsp

Post by slashdevdsp » Oct 22nd, '05, 14:56

hmm lemme think...

hmm thinking real hard ....

still i dont remember how i came across d-addicts ne totally forgot :p

but damn its addictive. havent been to a www that is this addictive :) d-addicts.com suits the nature of the website very well.

I must say and big thx to all the moderators/site admins keeping the website afloat and all others involved not forgetting all the lovely :p fansubbers and uploaders :)

domo arigatou

EvoGenesis

Post by EvoGenesis » Oct 22nd, '05, 16:30

my friend introduced me to the wonderful world of *Drama's and just today recomended this site to me.

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Oct 22nd, '05, 16:36

EvoGenesis wrote:my friend introduced me to the wonderful world of *Drama's and just today recomended this site to me.
Welcome EvoGenesis

From animesuki I found Jtv. Jtv linked me to d-addicts.

capucine

Post by capucine » Oct 23rd, '05, 11:43

I found this site from forum in Thai's webboard. It suggest that this is a good site for asian dramas and it's TRUE! :thumleft:

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 24th, '05, 17:18

I actually found this site while looking for information on Densha Otoko. A friend of mine from Japan told me it was funny so I searched around and came across this site. I immediately signed up to become a member.

jubeichanxoxo

How did I end up at D addicts

Post by jubeichanxoxo » Oct 25th, '05, 00:31

I was looking for korean drama's since thoses are the ones that jerk the tears out of you ....anyway I went to some love letter fan site and clicked on something. man my story is lame :D but I am grateful to have found this forum.

theBen

Post by theBen » Oct 25th, '05, 08:35

Sorry if this is long and boring. I began to watch Densha Otoko on ch.18 here in southern california and immediately fell in love :wub: .....of course since there were no subs and the t.v. guide only lists the show as "japanese drama hour" i was f*#ked on determining the title of the show.

I have not had access to the internet or even a computer for a few years(long and sad story) so i began thumbing my little Samsung cell phone which i had just obtained as well (no i do not live in a cave....well not anymore :glare: ) and used the way too tiny internet browser to start a desperate search for more info on Densha. Hours of sore thumbs and strained eyes brought me to wikipedia, and on a whim i searched otaku and WHAM!!! found the paragraph on Densha and eventually a link to this site. Unfortunately this site does not work (at least on my phone) therefore i wrote down the address.

Well now i have a computer and broadband!! The first thing i did was go to this site (that and sign up onXBLive) and I'm glad that i did. Hopefully i can make a new home in these forums.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Oct 25th, '05, 09:13

theBen wrote:Sorry if this is long and boring. I began to watch Densha Otoko on ch.18 here in southern california and immediately fell in love :wub: .....of course since there were no subs and the t.v. guide only lists the show as "japanese drama hour" i was f*#ked on determining the title of the show.

I have not had access to the internet or even a computer for a few years(long and sad story) so i began thumbing my little Samsung cell phone which i had just obtained as well (no i do not live in a cave....well not anymore :glare: ) and used the way too tiny internet browser to start a desperate search for more info on Densha. Hours of sore thumbs and strained eyes brought me to wikipedia, and on a whim i searched otaku and WHAM!!! found the paragraph on Densha and eventually a link to this site. Unfortunately this site does not work (at least on my phone) therefore i wrote down the address.

Well now i have a computer and broadband!! The first thing i did was go to this site (that and sign up onXBLive) and I'm glad that i did. Hopefully i can make a new home in these forums.
welcome to d-addicts dude :thumright:

Lil_jojo

Post by Lil_jojo » Dec 5th, '05, 02:48

I new this site cuz I was chatting in a tagboard at korean-manhwa n there was some1 who told me that I could find HYD here :thumleft:

Hua

Post by Hua » Dec 5th, '05, 03:30

:scratch: i saw my sister go thru this site for a long time now and thought wot the buddah is she doin in this site all the time and i was into dramas aswell but didnt know where to get them from hehehe but now she doesnt go on this site or others ne more cause im on the net 24/7 hahaha i end up d/l the rest of her movies that arent finished yet and i keep on adding more list of dramas to wotch :lol im so bad :w00t: but hey as long as she got her dramas d/led finished. Oh by the way D-ADDICTS RULE!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

sasorisa

Post by sasorisa » Dec 5th, '05, 03:42

I've always watched anime, read manga, and listened to jRock (not a really a jpop fan). So everyday, I check animesuki for new updates for my anime and I saw a link for HYD and was like.. eh?? That lead me to SARS fansub webpage... from there I downloaded Gokusen (which I knew was a manga but never read). And then I kinda forget - I think there was a page on jdorama that pointed me here....

Sadden_One

Post by Sadden_One » Dec 5th, '05, 04:02

a friend told me about this site
and she also made me addicted to dramas :lol

Vanilla_Spider__x

Post by Vanilla_Spider__x » Dec 5th, '05, 04:15

For me- I happened to be looking up an asian movie- I think it was Casshern and the website had a section about dramas and had some Japanese and Korean dramas- Full House's summary caught my attention and I googled it for torrents and came across d-addicts. I'm happy that I did!

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Dec 5th, '05, 07:42

My friend's recommendation. When I looked for the subtitle 2 months ago, she recommened this silte. Without her, may be I wouldn't know this great site.

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Dec 5th, '05, 07:57

Ahhhhh..my love story with D-Addicts and Jdorama is related to each other...

One Sunday afternoon last October.. I was looking for something to watch in Shoutcast TV... I came across the azntv stream and at that time, they were showing Kimi to Itahibi or H2.. Something caught my eye and I started to watch.. I found out that it was only episode 2. So I watched, watched, watched.. until episode 8. Then it got cut off and I was so pissed that I tried to remember what was the site that kept on flashing at the beginning of the shows.. it was studio-oto. The group that subbed the series. I vowed to complete the episodes and some eps needed seeding and I was directed to *drumroll please* D-ADDICTS! :)

since then, I have downloaded almost 15 completed series thanks to D-addict. And that's not including the series for this season.. hehehehehe..

yobri

Post by yobri » Dec 5th, '05, 08:25

Searching for jdoramas... probably a mention on jdoroma.com, I think. Registered rather recently, but lurked for some time now :-)

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Dec 5th, '05, 08:40

I watched GTO drama with the help of my filipino friend who already had the series and uploaded it to me through AIM. Later on though, IRC anime fansubbing group AnimeHaven released HQ versions of the GTO drama eps, so I ended up redl'ing the entire series. After GTO, AnimeHaven subbed "Beautiful Life", another jdrama, so I decided to download eps 1 just to check it out. I loved it! I asked my friend for another drama series suggestion and he said check out "Long Vacation". I thought to myself why not... they brought it up in GTO and Kimura Takuya was awesome in "Beautiful Life". Then BAM... I was blown away by "Long Vacation". The characters were awesome, and it made me a fan of KimuTaku and I got more interested in Matsu Takako. This led to me watching Jem's version of Hero. Hero frickin sealed the deal with the KimuTaku-Matsu Takako combo. Searching for more, I was decided to look into Love Generation, which led me to D-Addicts. ahhhhh... With the JSotW and an active forum, I was able to discover all sorts of other good dramas, outside the KimuTaku/Matsu Takako realm.. heh. That made D-Addicts a keeper! =)

Recently I have discovered a new interest in k-dramas though and Ha Ji-won (my fave korean actress... damn versatility! Check out Damo and What Happened in Bali... we need seeders!!)... , not so much because of D-Addicts, but rather through my discovery of a site called Asian DVD Club =O but perhaps that's a tale to be told on the forums there ^^;; Although I recognize alot of d-addict heads there... XP

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Dec 5th, '05, 09:38

It was kinda good luck.
I stumbeled across some raw versions of Pride and totally fell in love with it... Half a year later I wanted to find a place where I can download it. I wondered if something liek this existed... ^^ My Japanese isn't relaly good, so I needed some subs...
So I was looking through the net and found a forum where they discussed where to get Drama... ^^ And so I found it.
Yay!!!
And first thing I did was getting Pride... ^-^ Of yourse...

I was realy lucky!!! ^____^

draco

Post by draco » Dec 5th, '05, 10:03

pure luck.. when I were googling for "full house korean drama" :lol

Lynn Minmei

Post by Lynn Minmei » Dec 5th, '05, 10:30

i was searching for lovers in paris that day when i saw a link from jtv.

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Dec 7th, '05, 21:33

googled.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 7th, '05, 21:34

Whenever I would search for a taiwanese drama, it always showed up on the results. So one day I decided to check it out, since then... I'm always here! :D

xiaowanzi

Post by xiaowanzi » Dec 13th, '05, 17:21

heeehee...

im from jdorama~ :wub: :cheers: :P

[D-W]Katsu

Post by [D-W]Katsu » Dec 13th, '05, 17:24

Link from studio Oto.

Free Bird

Post by Free Bird » Dec 13th, '05, 17:27

i was searching or the cdrama xian jian qi xia zhuan at google, and by luck i found a site with a link to this one, and true this site is great.

easy

Post by easy » Dec 13th, '05, 20:35

I was surfing around, because of some jdoramas and j-actors and so i saw this site around 5 times. Once i decided to register ..

shyne

Post by shyne » Dec 13th, '05, 20:51

A friend gave me the link to dl Full House which i haven't download, because i end up downloading something else. :mrgreen:

Le Piaf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Le Piaf » Dec 13th, '05, 21:04

Goooooooooooooogle !!!!
Noticed d-addicts was often on the top of the results while typing the name of a drama...

tiepyon

Post by tiepyon » Dec 15th, '05, 09:26

Just luck, and follow some links in asian movie site.

NoWoRRieS

Post by NoWoRRieS » Dec 28th, '05, 04:32

Originally looking for Asian movies, then through random clicking ended up here. Didn't actually join until this May though...

kunornadia

Post by kunornadia » May 24th, '07, 10:31

My friend recommended D-Addicts to me.This site has proved to be wonderful.

kazuto2000

Post by kazuto2000 » May 25th, '07, 23:35

In my search for Goong episodes, I came across with this forum and found out later there were torrents for the series... :)

meera

Post by meera » May 26th, '07, 00:14

im not really sure...but i think i accidentally found the lnk from jdorama......

zinaa

Post by zinaa » May 26th, '07, 00:25

i was hoouked withe kdrama and jdrama from youtube one and half year ago... and by luck i found out about this site...

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 27th, '07, 08:08

i forgot how!! but i owe this from GOOGLE!!! <3

DMPA

Post by DMPA » May 27th, '07, 08:14

aaah, yes, that wonderful day! I still remember it! I was looking for Kimi wa petto on isohunt, and it gave me the file with the adress, so i clicked on it, but it took me a while to actually 'understand' the site lol, yes...the best day of my life XD

.::+Seraphim+::.

Post by .::+Seraphim+::. » Jun 2nd, '07, 14:02

I was looking for information on Love Complex on google and came across this site. And I am so happy! ='D

shyme

Post by shyme » Jun 30th, '07, 11:20

I was surfing the net for Korean dramas...

Ore.Sama

Post by Ore.Sama » Jul 1st, '07, 05:40

well after I got my lil sis hooked into anime and after she watched HNYD (the anime version). She got the link from Animesuki and started downloading drama startin from HNYD (live action). Then got me addicted to drama + d-addicts... funny huh!? "^^

gatherer

Post by gatherer » Jul 3rd, '07, 18:09

I discovered this site by accident as I performed various torrent searches. Wonderful site! :alcoholic: