Chinese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
Eleven

Post by Eleven » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:08

Ah I've look Sky (shi ba sue de tian kong) this drama was very funny ! A very good drama the teacher of litterature is very funny !
But about Hero the movie , i dislike it, it's very bad -__-"

Zanbonzakura
Deactivated

Post by Zanbonzakura » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:34

為何不用華語來談哪?

rosetyler
Deactivated

Post by rosetyler » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:45

weird, why isn't a chinese speaking thread, people typing in english?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 2nd, '05, 23:41

Eleven, isn't Gu Lao Shi the greatest? Makes me wish I was in 三年八班.

Since people are insisting, no laughing at mistakes...
Eleven wrote:But about Hero the movie , i dislike it, it's very bad -__-"
I thought "英雄" wasn't bad. A bit too "deep" for natural viewing, though. 不是天下最好的电影, 但是有些内容; 会让人想一想好和怀的差别. Eleven, 为什么你不喜欢它呢?

看了 "神话", 还觉得不错. 那些打仗的画面拍的很带劲! 故事内容吗...needs work. :P Bloopers也很有趣! 成龙唱的还不错呢.

我想看 "神狐" 和 "宝贝". 有没有谁看过这两个电影, 能给些意见吗?

我觉得大多数的电影只是ok, at best. 不太爱看它们; 还是喜欢连续剧. 但是如果你最近看了什么好电影, 请介绍介绍吧!

rosetyler and Zanbonzakura, please feel free to type in Chinese and I'm sure there'll be responds in kind. 8) It just requires more effort for some :whistling: and in other cases it might be a technical problem.

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 3rd, '05, 03:29

因为 njstar 够无聊,又难用。。。
hanyu pinyin 可以了吧?

strawhatpirates
Deactivated

Post by strawhatpirates » Dec 3rd, '05, 08:42

i thought xp got it's own input method editor or something like that?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 3rd, '05, 09:19

strawhatpirates wrote:i thought xp got it's own input method editor or something like that?
Win 2K does too, in the language settings.
avexdevil wrote:因为 njstar 够无聊,又难用。。。
hanyu pinyin 可以了吧?
Don't see why not. Qing4 ba!

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 3rd, '05, 09:32

meh, I don't really like typing in Chinese, it hurts my brains @_@

I was so surprised when I found out that Zhang Zi Yi was playing the geisha in that movie.
I was sort of looking forward to seeing which Japanese they would cast for the role.
Ick, seeing her in that role will sort of ruin it for me.... I just wanted the story itself to interest me. Oh and the other Chinese or HK actress, what's her name again, she'll play the geisha that trains Zhang Zi Yi?

I haven't watched any of the movies you guys are talking about XP
I don't really watch Chinese MOVIES all that much... none really interests me too much, and when I lived in China, I never went to the theatres at all.

Has anyone watched Initial D?

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 3rd, '05, 15:57

boniface wrote:meh, I don't really like typing in Chinese, it hurts my brains @_@

I was so surprised when I found out that Zhang Zi Yi was playing the geisha in that movie.
I was sort of looking forward to seeing which Japanese they would cast for the role.
Ick, seeing her in that role will sort of ruin it for me.... I just wanted the story itself to interest me. Oh and the other Chinese or HK actress, what's her name again, she'll play the geisha that trains Zhang Zi Yi?

I haven't watched any of the movies you guys are talking about XP
I don't really watch Chinese MOVIES all that much... none really interests me too much, and when I lived in China, I never went to the theatres at all.

Has anyone watched Initial D?
I believe the chinese actress u're referrin to is Michelle Yeoh. I haven't watched Inital D cuz it deals wit cars & da fact Jay Chou is in it just doesn't interest me. Heard a lot of ppl say it was good but it ain't gonna change my mind.

folder5
Deactivated

Post by folder5 » Dec 3rd, '05, 17:48

boniface wrote: Has anyone watched Initial D?
I heard that is doesn't resemble the anime at all.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 3rd, '05, 17:59

to Zanbonzakura and rosetyler:

the reason some people type it in english is because the thread says "chinese SPEAKING d-addicts". it does not say "chinese WRITING d-addicts"

also, just because some people know how to speak chinese doesn`t necessarily mean that they know how to write or read chinese.

and isn`t the point of this thread for people who can speak chinese, and for people who can`t but want to learn? so if you type in chinese, no one can come and try to join the thread that does not know how to read chinese.

:-)

thresholdplan
Deactivated

Post by thresholdplan » Dec 4th, '05, 05:25

isn't typing in chinese also learning?

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 4th, '05, 07:20

嗨我还觉得头文字D那场戏还满不坏的。。。可是周杰伦做歌手就够了,看他演戏之后很想呕吐。。。整场戏之中,他的表情/容根本都没变, 好差:(

反正我还是觉得NJSTAR这software 真麻烦, 我现在还是使用正径版。。。我已经用了多70天,每天超过30天要等一秒,所以每次开NJSTAR的时候要等四十秒左右。。。够闷了!

上面回复的member也满对的,大多数的人能讲华语, 但一个字目都不会些啊。。。很平常的吗。。。我本身有五年多没写华文字了。。。现在写这段话的时候有点奇怪的样子。。。情别阶意。。。可可^_^

doctorose
Deactivated

Post by doctorose » Dec 4th, '05, 10:42

avexdevil wrote: 上面回复的member也满对的,大多数的人能讲华语, 但一个字目都不会些啊。。。很平常的吗。。。我本身有五年多没写华文字了。。。现在写这段话的时候有点奇怪的样子。。。情别阶意。。。可可^_^
我同意!

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 4th, '05, 11:26

i meant 写, grrr, 死 NJSTAR...

superbankai
Deactivated

Post by superbankai » Dec 4th, '05, 12:28

大家好!不會華語,可以學的。我也是本來不會寫的,但是我自己學怎樣寫。雖然不是很好,但是至少可以寫嗎! 對不對?

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 4th, '05, 16:22

can anyone help? my njstar stopped working on my computer... i tried installing it and uninstalling it, but now everytime i click the icon, an error report pops up... and so i either click "close" or "send error report".

is anyone getting a similar problem?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 4th, '05, 18:04

avexdevil wrote: 嗨我还觉得头文字D那场戏还满不坏的。。。可是周杰伦做歌手就够了,看他演戏之后很想呕吐。。。整场戏之中,他的表情/容根本都没变, 好差
那么差呀? 我是觉得歌手演戏有些别扭, 要是他/她没有那种技巧. 我想演戏肯定不是那么容易的事情! 我还没来得及看 "头文字D", 但是我也不知道the original故事, 所以我想我看完了,不会觉得太失望的.
avexdevil wrote:反正我还是觉得NJSTAR这software 真麻烦, 我现在还是使用正径版。。。我已经用了多70天,每天超过30天要等一秒,所以每次开NJSTAR的时候要等四十秒左右。。。够闷了!
你用PC还是Mac? 如果你用PC, and OS > 2K, 我提议你用Windows OS的Chinese typing system. 很方便! That goes for everyone who has problems typing Chinese on Windows PCs with awkward programs (no clue about Macs). If you've got at least Win2000, the built-in language bar is really nice for writing Chinese. Set it up from Control Panel > Language Settings, then you can add Traditional/Simplified typing capabilities.
avexdevil wrote:上面回复的member也满对的,大多数的人能讲华语, 但一个字目都不会些啊。。。很平常的吗。。。我本身有五年多没写华文字了。。。现在写这段话的时候有点奇怪的样子。。。情别阶意。。。可可^_^
我一辈子都没写几个中文字 :P
superbankai wrote: 大家好!不會華語,可以學的。我也是本來不會寫的,但是我自己學怎樣寫。雖然不是很好,但是至少可以寫嗎! 對不對?
太对了! 8) 我觉得 自己学东西会比家长或者老师逼你学更有意义,也更有趣!

@Pokey: Hopefully someone here can help. I never used NJstar much, so I don't know what the problem could be. Maybe there's a more updated version available you could try installing over your original version? (If you're on Windows 2K or above and if NJstar is too problematic, try the OS typing system.)

Hmmm...to add another topic/增加个话题: 最近看了什么好书吗? 或者谈谈你喜欢的作者和书吧!Lately I haven't gotten to read anything. The only book of note in English I've read is the 6th Harry Potter.

rozenthemaiden
Deactivated

Post by rozenthemaiden » Dec 4th, '05, 23:02

self learning is a better way to learn chinese than in class. at least that's my experiences.

sillypanda114
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sillypanda114 » Dec 5th, '05, 02:51

^Yeah. The only good thing about a class is that it helps you with conversational skills and maybe gives you an incentive for having to memorize vocabulary for a vocab test. But... at the Chinese school I used to go to, none of the students actually spoke in Chinese to each other, and the teachers had horrible accents, so that did nothing for learning to speak fluently. When I lived in Illinois, there was this Chinese school that was really good and I learned so much. I could have actually passed for a native Chinese at that point. Then I moved to California and went to that crappy Chinese school, my Chinese went POOF, which is kind of funny considering the Asian population over here.

NJStar always has random times that it doesn't work. I complete gave up with trying to figure out that thing. Ugh. But I can't find any other programs. I tried downloading the officepack from windows, but for some reason, I need my installation CD... which I can't find. Kyah. What programs do you guys use to type in Chinese? There are so many Chinese forums out there! But they all type in Chinese so I can't really respond. -_-

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 5th, '05, 08:45

Aww I'm sorry about the language issue.

When I named this thread, I just wanted to include people who has some sort of relation to Chinese/Taiwanese/HK things. I thought that if I just put Chinese D-addicts, then Taiwanese or some HK people wouldn't come... and I couldn't put like China D-addicts or China related....etc. That just sounds awkward. So I thought lots of people spoke Mandarin even in HK and Taiwan and actually "Chinese" doesn't even limit to Mandarin....?

Either way, I think the most important is for people to join in on the discussion, and understand. Some people who can read Chinese might not have the program for typing Chinese... Do whatever makes you comfortable :P

I personally SHOULD be typing in Chinese for practice... but I don't really want to since Chinese is somewhat of a tiring subject for me to mention and I want to relax here. :lol

But for those who are trying to learn more Chinese, I totally admire your efforts! The skill will come in handy someday, as all the Chinese adults around me say. :salut:

azndgn26
Yeah I think it's Michelle that I'm talking about. I really wanted more Japanese in that movie.

As for Initial D, I haven't read the manga or watched the anime, so I really liked it.
Some parts were kind of draggy, but it was mostly entertaining? I forget, since I've re-watched it many times just for the hot guy parts :wub:
I use to think Cantonese sounded weird(no offense!), but after hearing all these hot guys speak it, I worship it.

But now that you mentioned it, Jay really doesn't change his expression much in the movie :lol haha mostly he leans on one arm looking bored while driving at 120mph on fast curves.

I was one of the Jay resentors before the movie, but actually seeing it made me convert a little and try his songs, which were actually pretty good. I just thought the record company packaged a good-for-nothing up.

Calcifer I've been reading the third book in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and other stuff for the weekly reading log at school.

kimo

Post by kimo » Dec 5th, '05, 14:28

Hi everyone. New member here. Im a singaporean and i take chinese in school. so..what chinese do most people here learn? tradional chinese or simplified(not sure if simplified is the right word) :-)

大家好 :D

maayagardenofeverything
Deactivated

Post by maayagardenofeverything » Dec 5th, '05, 21:46

大家好!我來自馬來西亞!

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 6th, '05, 06:01

kimo Hi and welcome! I went to Chinese school once, and they taught traditional. But it was mostly Taiwanese who went to that school. I didn't like it because I've been dealing with simplified most of the time...

What's Singapore like?

maayagardenofeverything
你好! 马来西亚是什么样的?

Is your username a song by Maaya Sakamoto? :lol

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 6th, '05, 06:48

eek yeah my njstar stopped working..

i`m also taking mandarin classes in school, my high school offers it, so i might as well XD

i actually learnt a lot of chinese from these classes, it`s laid back, but you learn so much. and you can have discussions about the culture and stuff.. i really do enjoy mandarin class ^^

kimo

Post by kimo » Dec 6th, '05, 09:31

boniface wrote:
What's Singapore like?
hot weather here..summer all year round, lots of nice food :mrgreen: . k/j drama progress is very slow. Must download most of the things i want to watch, if not who knows how long must i wait to watch the show on tv or cds

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Dec 7th, '05, 05:03

after watching some tw dramas, i've really wanted to improve my chinese. everytime i watch them, my reading and speaking skills sky rocket. if i watch as many tw dramas as i have korean ones, i would be an expert.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 10th, '05, 02:51

@boniface: On your title comment, I did find the "Chinese-speaking" phrase a bit odd at first, but I understand your point. Though I think "Chinese" doesn't relate only to those who speak Mandarin or Cantonese or Hokkien or Shanghainese or any particular language/dialect. "Chinese" simply represents both a diverse ethnicity and a nationality, though these two don't necessarily have to correlate. People can be Chinese ethnically regardless of a different citizenship (like me) or political standing, and Caucasians or Africans can be Chinese citizens. Being Chinese ethnically doesn't stop you from being a dedicated citizen of another nation. Just my thoughts on the subject.
boniface wrote:I've been reading the third book in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and other stuff for the weekly reading log at school.
怎么样, 好看吗? 我知道有个电影based on the 1st book, I think...
bioshiva07 wrote:after watching some tw dramas, i've really wanted to improve my chinese. everytime i watch them, my reading and speaking skills sky rocket. if i watch as many tw dramas as i have korean ones, i would be an expert.
I agree; I practice traditional Chinese reading with Tw/HK series and simplified with Mainland ones. They're always perfect teachers 8)

carsony

Post by carsony » Dec 10th, '05, 03:03

yeah i'm welcome here . . . hahahaha

cow

Post by cow » Dec 10th, '05, 13:09

Calcifer wrote:@boniface: On your title comment, I did find the "Chinese-speaking" phrase a bit odd at first, but I understand your point. Though I think "Chinese" doesn't relate only to those who speak Mandarin or Cantonese or Hokkien or Shanghainese or any particular language/dialect. "Chinese" simply represents both a diverse ethnicity and a nationality, though these two don't necessarily have to correlate. People can be Chinese ethnically regardless of a different citizenship (like me) or political standing, and Caucasians or Africans can be Chinese citizens. Being Chinese ethnically doesn't stop you from being a dedicated citizen of another nation. Just my thoughts on the subject.
arr agree completely!

me ethnically chinese but am a brit also :salut:

hi all originally from hk~

something abt myself:

my love for jp drama has completely died but my fire for kr drama + all things kr has just lit up :roll :wub:

hk drama.. dun watch the recent ones anymore coz they are sooooooo "old soil" :sleeping:

much much much prefer the good old 80s/90s stuff or the black & white era :thumright:

like some of the chinese mainland productions that were focused on historical events or books or person recently.. eg the one on the Qing Emperor

dun quite like the Tw drama coz i find them alot more "old soil" than the hk drama!! :sweat: but i luv their entertainment shows. like the one hosted by harlem! its really funny!! 8)

me forever luv the "wu xia" (sp?? sorry my pin yin sux. pls correct me!!! ). my fav author is "leung yu shung". hes less well known than "jin rong" but "leung" wrote the very famous "white hair witch legend" [ direct translation from chinese title] which has been put onto the big movie screen + tv a few times

havent read any eng novels for ages.. so illterate :unsure:

cow.

dinkimoo

Post by dinkimoo » Dec 10th, '05, 14:02

me ethnically chinese but am a brit also
me too! :cheers: yay

i like watching those tvb dramas, although the storylines border on ridiculous at times. oh, and those food programs as well, like the soup one, where this womn travels al over china and samples different soups, and while the soup's boiling in a see-through pot, there's a kind of marching/army type music going on in the background.

in terms of dramas, i'm watching tvb's sex and the city/monk/kindaichi copy.

that was a bit ramble-y :lol

pikanchi_double

Post by pikanchi_double » Dec 10th, '05, 14:52

Hi minna! ^^ I'm a new member and a Chinese girl who lives in France...I wanted to know if you know severals chinese dramas which seem to be good? (not Taiwanese but chinese).

"The outsiders" is a taiwanese or chinese drama?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 11th, '05, 18:27

pikanchi_double wrote:Hi minna! ^^ I'm a new member and a Chinese girl who lives in France...I wanted to know if you know severals chinese dramas which seem to be good? (not Taiwanese but chinese).

"The outsiders" is a taiwanese or chinese drama?
你好 and welcome!

"The Outsiders" is a Taiwan production. If you're looking for recommendations, there's a nice list here. What kind of Chinese series are you looking to watch (ancient/modern)?

koua_xiong

stuff

Post by koua_xiong » Dec 11th, '05, 18:41

Hi there i am a new member i am not chinese and can't speak chinese but i just love chinese movies and tv series... do anyone in here i mean anyone knows a site where i can order chinese tv series (ancient) like these kind of tv series chinese paladin and tian long ba bu that have english subtitle bacuse i can't understand chinese ... so if anyone in here know any site where i can order something like these please tell me thanks..... oh one more thing do anyone knows when will the series ROCh 05 comes out and is there going to be one that have english subtitle.... please tell me thanks alot.... :salut: :scratch:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 11th, '05, 18:52

YAY! 我的中文的software终于work啦!!!!! 哈哈哈

你们好吗?我是从中国来的,我很喜欢看台湾的drama,korean drama, japanese drama..

虽然我的中文没有那么好,我还是很努力地学,所以请多多指教!

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Dec 11th, '05, 19:24

i donno wot is going on wiv my nj star... cant type chinese rite now...

to pikanchi_double: one recommendation is xian jian qi xia shuan.... it is soooo good!!!!!!!!! i havent finished the series yet, as my frd ripped it for it last yr, and i lost my last disc :( now i'm stuck at eps 21 (out of 38); jing fen shi jia sounds good too, but both of them are starred by liu yi fei, as u like her

cow

Re: stuff

Post by cow » Dec 12th, '05, 11:49

koua_xiong wrote:Hi there i am a new member i am not chinese and can't speak chinese but i just love chinese movies and tv series... do anyone in here i mean anyone knows a site where i can order chinese tv series (ancient) like these kind of tv series chinese paladin and tian long ba bu that have english subtitle bacuse i can't understand chinese ... so if anyone in here know any site where i can order something like these please tell me thanks..... oh one more thing do anyone knows when will the series ROCh 05 comes out and is there going to be one that have english subtitle.... please tell me thanks alot.... :salut: :scratch:
o.. probably have to wait for fansubs or set up a company urself to get the official license and get them all translated into eng. or simply, learn chinese yourself :)

i do know TVB been releasing their older tv series which can be ordered at yesasia but they only have subtitles in chinese :(

mind you there are alot of diff version of "tian long ba bu" out there. even TVB alone has made at least 2 "tian long ba bu" so its better if u specify which vers you are after!!!

cow.

pikanchi_double

Post by pikanchi_double » Dec 12th, '05, 19:03

Thanks wing_wings for your recommandation! after Hanadan, I'll try it!!! ^^

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 12th, '05, 19:12

Hello everyone... I'm half-Chinese... does that count? :blink I still remember how to read a bit in Chinese, just don't know what the heck I'm reading. Anyway, I've been a fan of JDoramas, and some Kdramas as well as movies for a couple of years now. I've just very recently got into watching CDramas, particularly the Wuxia shows. Unfortunately for me though, I seem to find a lot of resources for these videos, just not in English subtitled form. I guess I'm gonna have to go back to class and re-learn my uhh, 'abc's', all over again... :D

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 12th, '05, 19:15

P0KEY wrote:YAY! 我的中文的software终于work啦!!!!! 哈哈哈

chong zong guo lai de yi ding yao hue qiang hua yu ma...nu li de xue hai hao, ju zhong yao shi bie wang zi ni de gen wor ^_^.

ballistic88

Re: stuff

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 12th, '05, 19:21

koua_xiong wrote:Hi there i am a new member i am not chinese and can't speak chinese but i just love chinese movies and tv series... do anyone in here i mean anyone knows a site where i can order chinese tv series (ancient) like these kind of tv series chinese paladin and tian long ba bu that have english subtitle bacuse i can't understand chinese ... so if anyone in here know any site where i can order something like these please tell me thanks..... oh one more thing do anyone knows when will the series ROCh 05 comes out and is there going to be one that have english subtitle.... please tell me thanks alot.... :salut: :scratch:
If you do a search right here on D-Addicts for Return of the Condor Heroes 2005, you should find a discussion and promotional pics of this show. That discussion should be able to answer BOTH of your questions. I just found them myself, actually... hope that helps!

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jho » Dec 12th, '05, 19:49

Kyaaaa.. I'm Chinese =) I was born in HK but now I live in Canada.

I enjoyed watching Revolving Doors of Vengeance over the summer~ I didn't get to finish it (my mom stopped renting it after school started -___-) but it was so gooood. Loved it! <3

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Dec 12th, '05, 19:53

jho wrote:Kyaaaa.. I'm Chinese =) I was born in HK but now I live in Canada.

I enjoyed watching Revolving Doors of Vengeance over the summer~ I didn't get to finish it (my mom stopped renting it after school started -___-) but it was so gooood. Loved it! <3
what would it be called in chinese? is it a tvb series?

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 13th, '05, 06:21

avexdevil wrote:

chong zong guo lai de yi ding yao hue qiang hua yu ma...nu li de xue hai hao, ju zhong yao shi bie wang zi ni de gen wor ^_^.
我是五岁来美国的,所以我的中文不那么好... 我不懂你最后说得两个字... maybe是我的拼音读得不对?

我从我五岁来的时候一直到现在十六岁没有回国过,但是我的英文很好哦! 我在美国长大的,但是我很喜欢中国.

but my english is better than my chinese (go figure). :mrgreen:

meowmeowmeow.

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 13th, '05, 07:15

zui hao liang ge zhi means don't forget your roots ^_^. yea my pingyi is dodgy as well :P.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 13th, '05, 07:35

avexdevil wrote:zui hao liang ge zhi means don't forget your roots ^_^. yea my pingyi is dodgy as well :P.
oh lol... hehe

i haven`t..... but i guess i`m also american cuz i grew up in american culture and am used to a lot of american things =)

sze_sze

Post by sze_sze » Dec 13th, '05, 08:18

P0KEY wrote:
avexdevil wrote:

meowmeowmeow.
i understand la, POKEY :-) i was born in HK and came to canada when i was 8 but my english is wayyy better than chinese even tho i can still read and speak chinese... it's wierd tho, i when i want to type chinese, i have to "think" in manderin because i only have pin yin input and other kinds of input are too much of a bother.

你一定要回中國去狂一狂啊! 一定比你小的時候變得多!

:thumright:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 13th, '05, 08:53

sze_sze wrote:
P0KEY wrote:
avexdevil wrote:

meowmeowmeow.
i understand la, POKEY :-) i was born in HK and came to canada when i was 8 but my english is wayyy better than chinese even tho i can still read and speak chinese... it's wierd tho, i when i want to type chinese, i have to "think" in manderin because i only have pin yin input and other kinds of input are too much of a bother.

你一定要回中國去狂一狂啊! 一定比你小的時候變得多!

:thumright:
i`m actually going back for the first time in 11 years in about 2 weeks (my winter break)... i`m so excited! i can`t meet to see my family again, and everything :mrgreen:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 13th, '05, 21:44

ballistic88 wrote:I've just very recently got into watching CDramas, particularly the Wuxia shows.
What wuxia series have you watched so far? Which did you like best?
sze_sze wrote:i was born in HK and came to canada when i was 8 but my english is wayyy better than chinese even tho i can still read and speak chinese...
我去过几次香港(Kowloon); 那里的malls很大呀! 街里也很热闹.
P0KEY wrote:i`m actually going back for the first time in 11 years in about 2 weeks (my winter break)... i`m so excited! i can`t meet to see my family again, and everything :mrgreen:
好羡慕你啊! 我要等到明年夏天才能再去中国玩儿. 你知道你要去中国的哪些地方吗?

我特别喜欢中国的夜市, 你也应该好好享受! 在中国花美元会让人感觉特别合适 :P

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 14th, '05, 00:51

Calcifer wrote:
P0KEY wrote:i`m actually going back for the first time in 11 years in about 2 weeks (my winter break)... i`m so excited! i can`t meet to see my family again, and everything :mrgreen:
好羡慕你啊! 我要等到明年夏天才能再去中国玩儿. 你知道你要去中国的哪些地方吗?

我特别喜欢中国的夜市, 你也应该好好享受! 在中国花美元会让人感觉特别合适 :P
我只有两个星期,所以我不会去很多地方...主要就是去看我的外公,外婆,因为我十一年都没有回去过...但是我是新疆人,所以我要去新疆 :-)

但是我听说夜市非常好玩儿,因为我在学校里学过夜市...但是我在学校学traditional chinese, but it all works out :-)

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 19th, '05, 01:35

P0KEY:是啊, 夜市很好玩的. 有的东西便宜的不得了! 我相信你一定能买到很多你喜欢的东西.
但是, 看好啦货, 别买到不好用的东西.

I envy you so much~! I really want to go back once, and shop a whole lot.

For Cdramas and other dramas as well, I actually think some Chinese sites offer a great amount of it. You can try searching on Google in Chinese for whatever you need. I dont' dl from Chinese sites though, because it's slower since I live in the US? and reading their instructions and things hurts my eyes. I have to stare at some letters for awhile before I get what it's saying... :whistling: try reading a whole page that way.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 19th, '05, 02:34

boniface wrote:P0KEY:是啊, 夜市很好玩的. 有的东西便宜的不得了! 我相信你一定能买到很多你喜欢的东西.
但是, 看好啦货, 别买到不好用的东西.
Totally! 以前买连续剧的时候, 我们看了有看the discs,就怕买到坏的, 看不了的. 现在好象好多了, 现在discs 的质量都不错. 但是总是小心为好 8)

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 19th, '05, 04:23

Calcifer wrote:
boniface wrote:P0KEY:是啊, 夜市很好玩的. 有的东西便宜的不得了! 我相信你一定能买到很多你喜欢的东西.
但是, 看好啦货, 别买到不好用的东西.
Totally! 以前买连续剧的时候, 我们看了有看the discs,就怕买到坏的, 看不了的. 现在好象好多了, 现在discs 的质量都不错. 但是总是小心为好 8)
在中国会卖台湾连续剧吗?我想会国去买些台湾的,象恶磨在身边,or something like that.... 我知道恶作剧之吻还没有出来,但是我想买些象战神那种东西... (i`m not sure if i wrote the words right in that sentence... o.O;;; )

and also, (it takes too long typing chinese) does anyone recommend some good magazines to buy there? like ones with celebrities like mike he, or joe zheng in them or something :-)

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 19th, '05, 04:44

P0KEY: Yeah, you'll definitely find Taiwainese dramas in China. As for magazines, I have no clue :P

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 19th, '05, 19:23

Your sentences sound fine to me, Pokey :) And ditto to boniface; you'll definitely find Taiwan series in China, as well as those from other countries if you go to video stores. If I'm not mistaken, the Mainland's a huge market for Tw merchandise. 我家所有买的台湾剧, 象 "流星花园2", "来我家吧" etc 都是在大陆买的.

对不起, 我对magazine一窍不通...

jamz101

Hey

Post by jamz101 » Dec 19th, '05, 22:40

Hey people sorry if im completely changing the subject but im new to d addicts. so far ive been downloading mostly japanese dramas, i was wondering if you could recommend any chinese dramas for me?

I actually have a huge interest in China and the Mandarin diallect as I would to study it in 2 years time at edinburgh university in scotland. I want to become a translator out of it all. So farive been teaching myself little bits and bobs just for fun, and so I have a head start when it comes to starting the degree course.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good Chinese drama to get, whats the best?

I might aswell mention i'm watching 1 Litre of tears, Hana Yori Dango and Dragon Zakura, and about to start Gokusen but they are japanese. Are there any Chinese dramas similiar to 1 Litre of tears cause I found that really moving, its changed me a lot, kinda taught me to stop moaning at my little problems and enjoy life to the fullest lol

ps.sorry for my bad punctuation im in a hurry lol

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Dec 19th, '05, 23:19

boniface wrote: I was one of the Jay resentors before the movie, but actually seeing it made me convert a little and try his songs, which were actually pretty good. I just thought the record company packaged a good-for-nothing up.
You did NOT just say that... which other Jay resentors are there? Let me convert them!!
Have you heard his new CD? There's a song on it that satirises the media and his record company. He compares the media to dogs. Funny as hell.

kkcream

Post by kkcream » Dec 20th, '05, 00:08

I am also made in China :lol

我是1997年来到美国, 所以我仍然能读一些简体中文, 但写的字 ... :blink 哇, 太可怕了。

现在已经4年多没有回去 ... 盼望下个夏天能够回大陆去买衣服, 狂夜市 XD

请大家多多照顾 / 多多包涵!

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Dec 20th, '05, 00:13

sadotsu wrote:
boniface wrote: I was one of the Jay resentors before the movie, but actually seeing it made me convert a little and try his songs, which were actually pretty good. I just thought the record company packaged a good-for-nothing up.
You did NOT just say that... which other Jay resentors are there? Let me convert them!!
Have you heard his new CD? There's a song on it that satirises the media and his record company. He compares the media to dogs. Funny as hell.
*raises hand* - I'm one of the resentors....*crawls back into the shadows*

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 20th, '05, 07:32

boniface wrote:P0KEY: Yeah, you'll definitely find Taiwainese dramas in China. As for magazines, I have no clue :P
oh dude, i can already imagine all the video/dvd stores just earning all my money XD they`ll be like "COME BACK NEXT TIME PLEASE!!" when i buy all their merchandise :lol

but i`m excited! CHEAP DRAMAS! =D

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Dec 20th, '05, 07:41

GhstDreamer wrote:
sadotsu wrote:
well he was already one of my favourites years ago, when his first album was out. i wish i can find a canton version of the movie! (i've watched da mandarin version of it but some ppl said da canton one is better) and yes, nov's siu bon (supin??) is soooo good, i love da first song (ye qu) and fa ru xue......
sorry for being so off topic

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 20th, '05, 08:45

wing_wing1 wrote:
GhstDreamer wrote:
sadotsu wrote: You did NOT just say that... which other Jay resentors are there? Let me convert them!!
well he was already one of my favourites years ago, when his first album was out. i wish i can find a canton version of the movie! (i've watched da mandarin version of it but some ppl said da canton one is better) and yes, nov's siu bon (supin??) is soooo good, i love da first song (ye qu) and fa ru xue......
sorry for being so off topic
Well I just thought that, before I actually heard anything by him, he was not as hot as everyone made him out to be, and probably had no talent. Seriously, compared to a few boy band members and you'll get what I mean. And I dislike over-rated things... :P

cow

Post by cow » Dec 20th, '05, 11:31

boniface wrote: Well I just thought that, before I actually heard anything by him, he was not as hot as everyone made him out to be, and probably had no talent. Seriously, compared to a few boy band members and you'll get what I mean. And I dislike over-rated things... :P
i just have to agree w boniface... his 1st album was yes, a fantastic bomb. but after tat.. he just kept making the similar stuff again and again..

not saying that this aint good- afterall this is his style. but if u hear the same style of songs/albums after albums... isnt tat abit boring?? also doesnt it sort of indicate that is the maximum he could reach....?

much much much prefer David Tao and Wang Lee Hom (whos unfortunately, homosexual :( ) esp Tao. love the way how he tries to use & mix diff musical elements into his stuff. from Teresa Tang to gospel choir... v cool :)

cow.

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Dec 20th, '05, 14:11

i love David tao too, and i can't believe Wang Lee Hom is ahomo!! he is soooo sexy! used to be my dream lover when i was younger (what a shame lol i cant day-dream about him anymore lol!) i also agree with boniface he seems to stick with this particular style for too liong, and he seems to be in need for a change..... but some of his songs are just good, i just cant get bored with it. hoever, i think that wand lee hom need some change as well, he recent album did not get much of my credit, as tao is just not releasing albums recently..... i understand that we have to wait for quality songs, but i cant stick with him like this forever!
i also klike ar du and guang liang's songs, malaysian singers are good!

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Dec 20th, '05, 14:19

...Wang Leehom is gay??? What the hell??? Whatever, I didn't like him much in the first place.
Anyway, about the Jay thing... I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I still love him. HEHE.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Re: Hey

Post by Calcifer » Dec 21st, '05, 00:15

jamz101 wrote:I actually have a huge interest in China and the Mandarin diallect as I would to study it in 2 years time at edinburgh university in scotland. I want to become a translator out of it all. So farive been teaching myself little bits and bobs just for fun, and so I have a head start when it comes to starting the degree course.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if anyone could recommend a good Chinese drama to get, whats the best?
I haven't seen a Litre of Tears so I can't quite say what Chinese dramas are like that...but if you can give more guidelines on what kinds of series you're looking for, I think a lot of people can help you out.

Hi kkcream! 欢迎来到我们的psuedo中文thread.:D

As to singers...I like Jay, though I actually thought his first album wasn't as good as some of his later ones. I agree that some of his songs are similar or have similar feelings, but I enjoy almost all of them. Besides, what do you expect when he's written so many songs? Not every single one will be completely revolutional if they're still to be his style. My favs include 东风破, 夜曲, 发如雪, which I found to have a similar feel as 东风破. I like David Tao too (I love 孙子兵法 and Susan说), though I haven't tried all his music yet. Ah Du and Guang Liang are nice too :-)

Anyone know "The Flowers"? They have some hilarious songs, some that borrow from American music. They sound like a Chinese Greenday or Good Charlotte.

What songs of Leehom's are good that people would recommend? 他的中文名字是什么?

I definitely recommend Anson Hu/胡彦斌 as a singer. I love his voice and the music he writes. He sings "Waiting For You," which some people may know because of the series Love Contract. His other songs are just as great, though the one that got me hooked on him was 红颜. :wub:

jamz101

Thanks

Post by jamz101 » Dec 21st, '05, 00:43

Thanks for replying. Well A Litre of Tears is a quite moving drama. Its is about this girl who is diagnosed with spinocerebellar atrophy which is the degeneration cut to short so eventually she is unable to move, talk, eat etc. The drama follows here life from the age of 15 before she finds out and you see how it gradually starts to effect her, eg, falling over, dropping things.

Anyway I have no particular preference for any kind of Chinese drama, but what would you recommend? Anything at all, thanks...

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Re: Thanks

Post by Calcifer » Dec 21st, '05, 00:59

jamz101 wrote:Thanks for replying. Well A Litre of Tears is a quite moving drama. Its is about this girl who is diagnosed with spinocerebellar atrophy which is the degeneration cut to short so eventually she is unable to move, talk, eat etc. The drama follows here life from the age of 15 before she finds out and you see how it gradually starts to effect her, eg, falling over, dropping things.
That sounds really sad and deep. I'll have to check out that series sometime.
Anyway I have no particular preference for any kind of Chinese drama, but what would you recommend? Anything at all, thanks...
If you'd like to learn Mandarin, Mainland and Taiwan series are the most common ones available that can help you out. The Singapore series I've seen also use Mandarin, and they often have Eng subs.

There are quite a few modern Taiwan idol series with Eng subs, many of them at this site. Meteor Garden 流星花园 is a pretty famous one (Tw version of Hana Yori Dango), and Mars 战神 is a must see, I think, because the plot is quite interesting and dark. Others include At the Dolphin Bay, The Outsiders, Starry Starry Night, Love Contract, The Rose and Devil Beside You. The Mainland also has good modern idol series, though pretty much none of them have Eng subs, which could be a problem...

There's also the whole other genre of Chinese series: those that take place in ancient times. They're my personal favorite, but again, not many have Eng subs, though I could recommend some titles anyway if you want them.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Dec 21st, '05, 01:04

jamz101 wrote:Anyway I have no particular preference for any kind of Chinese drama, but what would you recommend? Anything at all, thanks...
I personally like "It started with a kiss" because a favorite director of mine directed this drama. And since he and Joe Cheng had did a wonderful job in their last collaboration, THE ROSE, I gave this new drama a try. And, it has lived up to the hype.
And for learning Mandarin, this is a good one to try. It doesn't have too many slangs or proverbs that may confuse non-native speakers.

Another one I recommend is "Xian Jian Qi Xia/ Chinese Paladin." I just love it! Highly recommend to anyone who likes wuxia/fantasy genre.

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Dec 21st, '05, 01:10

cow wrote:
much much much prefer David Tao and Wang Lee Hom (whos unfortunately, homosexual :( ) esp Tao. love the way how he tries to use & mix diff musical elements into his stuff. from Teresa Tang to gospel choir... v cool :)

cow.
I really like David Tao - too bad I don't understand a word of Mandarin...I heard it was just a rumour that LeeHom is gay...supposedly it was something Vivian Hsu told the press and LeeHom refused to comment on his sexuality. He thinks the only thing that is important for people to know is his music. I don't think he is though - I mean the song Last Night was written for his ex-girlfriend.

jamz101: Meteor Garden is a popular choice - it happened to be my first TW drama...I've never watched a mandarin drama before. Another one is A Chinese Ghost Story or Chinese Paladin for ancient series.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Dec 21st, '05, 01:54

Kumaxell wrote:
jamz101 wrote:Anyway I have no particular preference for any kind of Chinese drama, but what would you recommend? Anything at all, thanks...
I personally like "It started with a kiss" because a favorite director of mine directed this drama. And since he and Joe Cheng had did a wonderful job in their last collaboration, THE ROSE, I gave this new drama a try. And, it has lived up to the hype.
And for learning Mandarin, this is a good one to try. It doesn't have too many slangs or proverbs that may confuse non-native speakers.

Another one I recommend is "Xian Jian Qi Xia/ Chinese Paladin." I just love it! Highly recommend to anyone who likes wuxia/fantasy genre.
it started with a kiss = :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

i wholeheartedly recommend this drama and also Devil Beside You. :mrgreen:

jamz101

cool

Post by jamz101 » Dec 21st, '05, 10:47

thanks a lot guys for your help, I really appreciate it, its good to know people are out there willing to help, thanks :D

cow

Post by cow » Dec 21st, '05, 12:04

GhstDreamer wrote:
I really like David Tao - too bad I don't understand a word of Mandarin...I heard it was just a rumour that LeeHom is gay...supposedly it was something Vivian Hsu told the press and LeeHom refused to comment on his sexuality. He thinks the only thing that is important for people to know is his music. I don't think he is though - I mean the song Last Night was written for his ex-girlfriend.
well we will find out one day whether Lee Hom is gay or not 8)
from the record company's pt of view, theres absolutely no way for Lee Hom to declare his true sexual orientation for obvious reason anyway

theres a very strong rumour of Andy Lau being a bisexual too :roll this one surely is interesting...
me i :wub: the current Andy Lau to bits!!! the time when he did all the old old TVB dramas in 80s/early 90s was also cool too!!

not many homosexual r "natural born" ... eg Lesilie Cheung. he went out w quite a few very famous hk actresses, and some very $$$$$$ upper class married women who paid him $$$$ just to spend a night alone w Lesilie b4... then so what? he turned out to be a homosexual too :)

guess theres still a long way for Lee Hom to make an official declaration nei. :roll

even hes homosexual, it doesnt stop me from liking him (he gorgeous!! :wub: ) but it is also true that he hasnt changed his music style much too ~_~ abit disappointed

David Tao belongs to those "slow pace but fine work" singer nei!!! :wub: him too even thou hes not very good looking!!! :cheers:

cow.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 21st, '05, 13:27

David Tao is better-looking than Anson Hu but I still love 'em! They're famous for their musical talent, so that's all that's important.

jamz101, you should check out the Chinese Series Recommendation thread too.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Dec 21st, '05, 13:38

Hm. I wish he was gay. That'd be so funny.