[Discussion] Ichi Ritoru no Namida

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Ichi Ritoru no Namida?

Life-Altering (5)
77%
See it (4)
19%
Probably shouldn't miss it (3)
2%
Only if you have time (2)
1%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 622

rdoll

Post by rdoll » Dec 20th, '05, 17:06

sunmoon wrote:either way i will always support stem cell research though... human lives are the most valuable things so if u can save human thru sm kind of cells whether it is "life" or not i still think its reasonable enough
Well, I'm against the stem-cell research of course. To me, it's wrong to use a 'fetus' as a research eventough it still not born yet. And it also wrong to do the abortion either. Unless they start to use a fetus of a pig or other mammals, I will definitely against anything to do with the stem-cell research.

Anyway, South Park 'season 7 ep 2' has a good story about stem-cell.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 20th, '05, 18:51

if my family member was about to die and can only be saved by stem cell, then there would be no reason i will go and protest against stem cell research...
its a question of morality, so i dont think we can argue about each other's point of view....
however, like someone already said, for the fetuses or children that will have to die or abort soon, being able to help research that will save lifes of thousands of people, would def be very meaningful to them in their short lives...
lets say ive got an incurable disease, and even if i knew i was about to die soon, and knew that i could be able to help the medical research in one way or another, i would def do that...
anyway im a liberal so u can guess that im pro choice....
again its a question of morality.... so theres no right or wrong answer.... its up to each person's view about these issues...

myke

Post by myke » Dec 20th, '05, 20:33

man...
the 10th episode is really sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:
i can stand it any more. i in tear now.

i hope n pray to god for this deases can get it antidote/cure :roll
i hope so

sutafairu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sutafairu » Dec 20th, '05, 22:20

The last episode is seriously the saddest one I've ever seen. I'm going to have a hard time when I time/edit it...

But I was looking at some of the research that's still ongoing with regards to the disease. Aya had the disease starting in about 1978 (if my math is right, since according to the last episode she died in 1988), and since her death, there's still no cure for the disease. The pharmacological therapies are much better now though. There's also a staggering number of types for the disease. Research continues to be done, to improve therapies that decrease the symptoms and try to make the lives of those afflicted just that little bit better.

ninhnv

Post by ninhnv » Dec 21st, '05, 12:23

At half of this episode, when "Shiseido" and "P&G" are shown on screen I thought it's the end but.............. :cry: big big cry. It's the saddest one I have ever watched. :(

Aya, you're great........you make me feel happy with what I'm having.

ninhnv

Post by ninhnv » Dec 21st, '05, 12:27

sutafairu wrote:The last episode is seriously the saddest one I've ever seen. I'm going to have a hard time when I time/edit it...

But I was looking at some of the research that's still ongoing with regards to the disease. Aya had the disease starting in about 1978 (if my math is right, since according to the last episode she died in 1988), and since her death, there's still no cure for the disease. The pharmacological therapies are much better now though. There's also a staggering number of types for the disease. Research continues to be done, to improve therapies that decrease the symptoms and try to make the lives of those afflicted just that little bit better.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/ataxia/ataxia.htm
What research is being done?

The NINDS supports and conducts a broad range of basic and clinical research on cerebellar and spinocerebellar degeneration, including work aimed at finding the cause(s) of ataxias and ways to treat, cure, and, ultimately, prevent them. Scientists are optimistic that understanding the genetics of these disorders may lead to breakthroughs in treatment.
Select this link to view a list of studies currently seeking patients.
http://clinicaltrials.gov/search/term=A ... generation

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Dec 21st, '05, 15:31

sutafairu wrote:It's more of a debate over whether cells in the multiplying stage can be considered 'life'. A similar argument can be brought up with abortion. In the labs, they don't use what we would think of as 'babies' for stem cell research at least from the papers that I've read. Most everything is done with cell cultures. I could probably ask on of my friends about this since she did stem cell research for breast cancer.

At the same time, there is lots of research being done to see exactly what factors direct differentiation in stem cells. We know certain pathways but there's a lot that we don't know yet. Nerves can be regenerated though.. and there's even still debate over whether we, as people, can regenerate our own nerves. It was originally thought that once our nerves died, they wouldn't regrow, but we have evidence that contradicts that.

Gotta love genetics.. ^^;
It's hard to say wether a child is alive at that stage or not. I'm not sure myself...
That's why I'm not against stem cell research or aborton.
Also... when the fetus is aboted anyways, why not using the cells for a good reason?
------

Just watched 10th episode...
Really a sad episode... >.<
I'm still wishing for a happy end... but I think that won't be possible...

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 21st, '05, 15:47

ninhnv wrote:At half of this episode, when "Shiseido" and "P&G" are shown on screen I thought it's the end but.............. :cry: big big cry. It's the saddest one I have ever watched. :(

Aya, you're great........you make me feel happy with what I'm having.
me too!! i thought it was already the end. i cry a lot at the end of the series. :cry:
i'm glad that she passed away peacefully.

shinkenmike

Aya's diary

Post by shinkenmike » Dec 21st, '05, 20:12

I just finished watching the last episode, and I have to say that the series was an absolute masterpiece. It was so emotionally touching on so many levels, and though it is sad while you're watching it, afterwards you feel motivated to be a better person, and to not take things for granted in life.

Is there any website online that I could order the Ichi Rittoru no Namida diary from? I mean, Aya's diary, the one in real life. If there is, can anybody post me the link or direct me to where to look? Thanks.

thaigerl

Re: Aya's diary

Post by thaigerl » Dec 21st, '05, 20:32

shinkenmike wrote:I just finished watching the last episode, and I have to say that the series was an absolute masterpiece. It was so emotionally touching on so many levels, and though it is sad while you're watching it, afterwards you feel motivated to be a better person, and to not take things for granted in life.

Is there any website online that I could order the Ichi Rittoru no Namida diary from? I mean, Aya's diary, the one in real life. If there is, can anybody post me the link or direct me to where to look? Thanks.
Where did some of you download the last episode? I have a clubbox link but it is not working because it is like stuck in pause and I have no torrent or other link fo rit. I'm dying to see it RAW or subbed. Please share!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 21st, '05, 21:09

^ it's on the tracker...as usual... O_o;;;

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 21st, '05, 21:23

i have just seen ep 10... still waiting for the subbed version of ep 11... huhu its a really sad drama.... i liked ep 7 and 8 the most...

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Dec 21st, '05, 21:26

I see it on the tracker now. I didn't before on d-addicts which is why I wondered. Anyway, thanks mizune.

alina

Post by alina » Dec 22nd, '05, 01:58

I've just watched the last episode, I was :cry: almost the whole time.
This is really one of the saddest drama I've ever seen.
And the person who plays Aya plays the roll very convincing.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 22nd, '05, 03:46

1L of Namida is the best dorama series I've ever seen by far. It's definitely going to alter my life forever. I must admit that I was once one of those "Heartless gaze", but I learned that this could happen to anyone, and they must be trying hard to make the best of it. It also taught me that there's always something to look forward to, even in the hardest times.
Finale was amazing! I was close to tears through the first half, and shed a few tears when Asuo was reading the diary :cry: I'm glad they didn't use "Only Human" for the ending credits. Although a great song, it's just too depressing. The ending of this dorama turned out to be a cheerful, optimistic one, showed how Aya was able to make a difference even though she was not able to move like an average person.
My favorite part was where they took a photo again 5 years after the discovery of the illness. It's great to have a family that supports you all the way through such hardship. What Akko said: "There's always a place for you to come back" was the sweetest thing ever :cry:
I may be really dumb, but it took me all 11 episodes to understand the meaning of the ending theme title: "Only Human". I thought it was something like 'She fought so hard, but in the end, she was only human and died', or 'She's different, but she's still a human being'.
Now I realized that it's because 'ONLY (greedy) HUMAN would try so hard to extend (fight for) his/her life, unlike all the other animals.' as Asuo once said.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Dec 22nd, '05, 03:52

i must have cried a litre of tears while watching the series.

Em_mie

Post by Em_mie » Dec 22nd, '05, 14:39

^I know...the title of the drama is VERY fitting. Now other "tear-jerkers" just don't do it for me anymore. They can't stand up to the power of this drama.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 22nd, '05, 18:25

^ I agree. No doubt this is the best drama I've watched this year. Normally, I don't understand why there is such an option such as "life-altering" on the polls in this forum, because to me, no matter how good a drama can be, it never makes me feel that it can alter life. But this drama, it's so powerful. It really makes me think and it definitely changes my points of view. I really wish I can get a hold of Aya's diary in English somehow.

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Dec 22nd, '05, 22:56

^ Mikomi, I love your banner of 1 Litre. It's very sweet.

This drama is definitely powerful. Even now that it is finished, when I listen to the soundtrack, it's like it starts all over again and I don't get tired of it [not yet anyways]. I love the ending but somehow I wish that Aya and Haruto could have been together.
I guess the last scene where Aya is back in her school gym playing basketball and Haruto stands by the door and watches is kind of like 'a new beginning in the world without her illness'. At least it gives a glimpse of hope that in a new world they can start afresh and truly be together. The tears just came out at that scene.

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 23rd, '05, 04:18

monday night juz wont be the same after this :P

haih.. why do they skip 2 years during epi 10 :cry:
i think she will at least have some good time wif asou during that time

why they have to skip pass all of it and juz show the worst part :(

anybody know where can get a copy of the diary of tears?
preferbly got translation :P

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 23rd, '05, 06:28

I don't think you can get the diary translated. According to an earlier poster, it's 3 books! So unless it's a corporate sponsored translation, I doubt anyone has the time to actually read through all three books and then translate and then upload it.

But who knows, maybe after this drama, someone might become interested and start a book fansubbing group.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 23rd, '05, 09:51

ooh really? after watching this series i really want to read the diary..
my friend didn't want to know the ending of this story. she is kinda hoping that a cure is found and aya-nee can live and be happy with asou-kun. i watched episode 11 and we all know what is going to happen. i mean if the story is changed into that there is cure,this story would end up with a cheesy ending but great plot. but i think i prefer the ending than hoping that aya end up happily ever after with asou-kun ( which in a way they did end up happily).i cried too much at the end of the story when a lot of people comes to her funeral. just how much she impact each and everyone life in here is incredible. i'm glad that at least i know her story

isn't it wonderful that at least each of us research a lil bit about the disease?i mean if it wasn't for this series we all wouldn't know or care about it

myke

Post by myke » Dec 23rd, '05, 18:31

impression151 wrote:I don't think you can get the diary translated. According to an earlier poster, it's 3 books! So unless it's a corporate sponsored translation, I doubt anyone has the time to actually read through all three books and then translate and then upload it.

But who knows, maybe after this drama, someone might become interested and start a book fansubbing group.

yes....
me 2. i hope there will be.
i also want 2 read the book. in translation of coz.. :cheers: 8) 8)

MERRY CRISTMAS .....

lordViN

Post by lordViN » Dec 24th, '05, 06:45

I have 2 question: wich fansubing group is better PBfansubs or kioku??? and does anybody knows if they both are using the chiisana_tantei RAWS or they do they own encodings and if its like this wich have better quality PB or Kioku???

thanks... :-)

edit:: one more question PBfansubs will continue subbing this drama???

heppy

Post by heppy » Dec 24th, '05, 08:00

i personally feel that PBfansubs is better.. but i cant really see the difference.. hopefully PB will cont to sub the epis..

:-( :cry: the last epi is one of the most touching 1.. coundn't stop crying.. it's just so sad.. yet v heartening to see that in even in her worse state of illness her words(diary) still reached n helped other ppl.. ayaa~ my heroine.. hmmmm T.T

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 24th, '05, 09:53

I haven't seen any of the PB fansubs for this drama but I like kioku fansubs right now. Especially with their quick releases. Of course, there are some minor errors in English but you get the point. And since Kioku is almost done (by Monday if they can stay sober during Christmas), I would suggest getting that to watch the show first.

And if you don't like the subs, switch to PBF and wait for their release.

But I must give big props to TVBT and subpig, they take 1 day to release the Chinese subs for this drama. And they release it in RMVB, great quality mixed with small file size...just awesome. Overall, big props to all fansubbers for taking the time to do all this.

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 24th, '05, 10:29

is that chinese sub? so for those who are not chinese cant watch it
I personally prefer PB but since it takes a long time for them to release 1 ep so i watch kioku's . But I think i will do if PB still want to release any episode due to their file quality, really better than kioku.
Last edited by pipi on Dec 26th, '05, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Dec 24th, '05, 15:02

I really don't feel comfortable when people start comparing us (Kioku) to PBF. It bring back the whole "competition" thing, and that's one of the main reason we (1 litre team) moved off d-a, to avoid it.
As for english errors, because of our tight time frame, we don't send our episodes off to QC. So after translation, editing, timing, there are still some slight errors. We are currently considering the possibility of re-releasing a revised version of the series when the DVD comes out. Those will be QCed.
As for file quality and source. We do not get our RAW from D-A. We got it from somewhere else, and the RAW files are actually slightly bigger than the ones on D-A. But we encoded all our episodes to 350MB for the purpose of consistancy and it'll be easier for people to burn either 2 episodes per CD disk or all 11 episodes onto DVD.

lordViN

Post by lordViN » Dec 24th, '05, 15:53

cereza wrote:I really don't feel comfortable when people start comparing us (Kioku) to PBF. It bring back the whole "competition" thing, and that's one of the main reason we (1 litre team) moved off d-a, to avoid it.
As for english errors, because of our tight time frame, we don't send our episodes off to QC. So after translation, editing, timing, there are still some slight errors. We are currently considering the possibility of re-releasing a revised version of the series when the DVD comes out. Those will be QCed.
As for file quality and source. We do not get our RAW from D-A. We got it from somewhere else, and the RAW files are actually slightly bigger than the ones on D-A. But we encoded all our episodes to 350MB for the purpose of consistancy and it'll be easier for people to burn either 2 episodes per CD disk or all 11 episodes onto DVD.
well well... sorry for comparing, but I find very informative for those who are still downloading the series now that is complete to know wich one is better, and where else we can ask than here in this thread cos this is a discussion thread indeed. thanks for the info and sorry again for making fell you unconfortable.. :-)

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 24th, '05, 19:45

cereza plz dont feel uncomfortable... its unavoidable that ppl often compare stuff ... but as long as u feel happy doing the series, then why care bout ppl's opinions... i personally dont have much preferences cuz i think both groups have done a great job ^^ and cereza believe me lots of ppl out there (like me) who are really thankful for ur releases... it doesnt matter which group is better... because all fansubbers are trying to share the dramas with everyone and so lets be happy with that... we all love 1 litre of tears, right!! ^^ :D

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 24th, '05, 19:49

haha yeah, don't get me wrong, big up to all fansubbers. I just told them that if they want to watch it now, they should pick up kioku fansubs.

And regarding the english stuff, don't worry about it. Like I said, it's just slight things that don't really matter as long as people get the point.

And for the Chinese subs, you don't have to be Chinese to watch them, you just need to know Chinese words.

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Dec 26th, '05, 07:57

heyy,does anyone noe when kioku posts their releases?(time)
p.s thanks to all who put in effort for 1 litre of tears(kioku)

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Dec 26th, '05, 15:40

we'll be posting it up in a few hours of time
it's currently being re-encoded.

runpup

Post by runpup » Dec 27th, '05, 00:59

Final episode no. 11 is now available here:

http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... s&id=14865

chenny1

Post by chenny1 » Dec 27th, '05, 02:49

i devote 1 litre of tears to this drama from autumn to winter, and I was always looking forward to the drama each week, even I did know what the ending would be.

Fatanstic drama with warm family, fighting spirits, attitude towards living

I really love this drama

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 27th, '05, 17:14

great series. I bet it takes more than 1 litres of tears each person after watching this.
thanks so much for subbing this dorama, Kioku :D

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 27th, '05, 17:22

juz finish the last episode :cry:

i cry alot :-(

she really is a great person
she can continue to live on for 5 years after she lose the ability to talk and walk
imagine staying in bed for 5 years
waiting for the time to come :cry: :cry:
i want to buy the diary even if without translation :-(
anybody know how much is one copy? :scratch:
buy to keep also nice :lol

Greatest drama ever :thumleft:

no mood do anything now, better go to sleep :-(

kinki

Post by kinki » Dec 27th, '05, 17:31

i watched the last ep, but didnt have time to write here (gomen)
i cried more a litre of tears while watching this drama. :cry:
Im really glad that no one voted STAY AWAY coz this drama deserve GREAT reviews!!
i loved every single episode in this drama. :wub: i loved every single quote of Aya-chan's diary.
:wub:
i wanna get a copy of the book....really hope it'll be published in English..
i want more people to watch this and start to appreciate their live more and get encouraged like me. :salut:

kiyami

Post by kiyami » Dec 27th, '05, 18:01

I finished watching the final episode couple minutes ago, but I needed time to stop crying. ^^;

This series has been an emotional rollercoaster. There were parts when I was so angry at some of the characters, struck by the cuteness (Ah, Rika's so adorable!), and wow...sad.

It's rare for me to cry while watching/reading something, but the ending got me into tears.

It really changed my life. I'm turning 15 in a couple months and the series really got it into my head to stop wasting my time over stupid things and make every second worthwhile. This is definately a series that everyone should watch.

I'm really hoping for an English translation of the book.

Rainee

Post by Rainee » Dec 27th, '05, 18:13

i just finished the last epi a few mins ago too.. it has been a very good drama.. i especially like the parts where they wrote aya's words out.. very touching.. surprisingly i think the last episode is alot milder than it should be, compared to episode 8 and 10.. but of coz i shed tears for every single episode still..

i wanna get my hands on the book too~ translated of coz as i cannot read japanese

aya is such a strong and inspiring person *sobz*

neena

Post by neena » Dec 28th, '05, 02:16

i've only seen 1-7 i'm still waiting for 8-11. So far, I love it!! Its one of the saddest serie's i've ever seen. i cried in some parts. i give a lot of credit to Erika, the girl who plays Aya. I love Aya. She's an angel. LIVE LIFE TO ITS FULLEST!

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 28th, '05, 02:45

Rainee wrote:i just finished the last epi a few mins ago too.. it has been a very good drama.. i especially like the parts where they wrote aya's words out.. very touching.. surprisingly i think the last episode is alot milder than it should be, compared to episode 8 and 10.. but of coz i shed tears for every single episode still..

i wanna get my hands on the book too~ translated of coz as i cannot read japanese

aya is such a strong and inspiring person *sobz*
if translated then cant see her handwritting if its print out using computer :unsure:
for me i prefer to see her own writting even if i cant read :lol

by juz looking at it is already enough to giv me inspiration :salut:

mms

Post by mms » Dec 28th, '05, 03:12

just did a marathon finish. great drama. great story. great acting. everything's great. really. erika played the role really great. aya-chan is really adorable. n the story is well delivered with great performances n great storyline as well as great supporting roles. every ep is great itself n the script, which should include aya-chan's own writings, round it all up again to the beginning - a great drama.

this is one drama though u know it's going to be sad, u'd just simply be moved to watch it through. surely stays in memory lane for some time.

live on.

i'm gonna call home now.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 28th, '05, 05:03

um does any1 hav this song Remioromen's Konayuki? i dlded the OSTs of this drama once but it didnt have this song.... if sm1 has it plz plz share it with me :( i love this song so much :(
and in Music Station superlive, I saw Remioromen for the first time... i think the main singer of the band was very cute :D *his hair is so kawaii* :D

Rainee

Post by Rainee » Dec 28th, '05, 05:42

if translated then cant see her handwritting if its print out using computer :unsure:
for me i prefer to see her own writting even if i cant read :lol

by juz looking at it is already enough to giv me inspiration :salut:
i agree too~ but wad i mean is to see like a line after line translation... erm which probably no one will ever do.. *sigh*

she took such tremendous effort to write and that's wad makes all her words more deep and touching.. :cry:

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 28th, '05, 09:29

um does any1 hav this song Remioromen's Konayuki? i dlded the OSTs of this drama once but it didnt have this song.... if sm1 has it plz plz share it with me i love this song so much
http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... s&id=13228
here is the single includes konayuki

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Dec 28th, '05, 12:31

I just finished watching the last epy. I think everyone should watch this drama. It changed my perspective about life....its so sad that this is a true story T_T

mms

Post by mms » Dec 28th, '05, 12:49

poor aya. she looked great with asou-kun. too bad she won't be able to get married.

(woke up this afternoon still remembering the sad drama)

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Dec 28th, '05, 17:47

This may have already been asked before, but here goes anyway :P
Has the official diary/book been translated to English and sold outside of Japan? If so, where can it be bought. ^_^

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 28th, '05, 18:49

thanks for the link pipi :D
i watched the last ep and didnt think it was that sad... i prefer eps 6-8 ... to me those eps were sadder and u see how society and ppl are nowadays :( sighz...
over all it was a good drama ^^

Srey Mao

Post by Srey Mao » Dec 28th, '05, 21:18

One of the best dramas I've seen yet.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Dec 28th, '05, 22:08

It doesn't beat Sekachuu IMO. :P

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 29th, '05, 01:23

best drama of 2005

jaye_

Post by jaye_ » Dec 29th, '05, 06:32

im halfway thru....so far it's been really good!!
hope to finish soon~

anyone has the song payed at the end of the drama?? i can't seem to find it
thanx alot :D

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 30th, '05, 04:12

kyosak wrote:It doesn't beat Sekachuu IMO. :P
On the contrary, I like this series a thousand times more than Sekachu. Sekachu centered mostly around the two main characters and the love that can't be forgotten. I found it hard to watch sometimes, coz it is slow. I felt releived when it finally ended. It was extremely sad--no question about that-- but I couldn't relate at all.

On the other hand, this one I like from start to finish. When I saw the flashbacks on the last episode, it made me realize how far we've gone. I felt the 10 years that the 11 episodes had represented instead of the actual 11 weeks journey. Thanks to all the fansubbing group who've been involved on subbing this drama, namely :heart: PBFansubs and Kioku :heart:
This is an amazing drama. Everyone should watch it! :cry:
jaye_ wrote:anyone has the song payed at the end of the drama?? i can't seem to find it
thanx alot
all the insert/ending songs and even the OST were uploaded on d-addcits. The one ur looking for is K - Only Human.

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 30th, '05, 05:34

kyosak wrote:It doesn't beat Sekachuu IMO. :P
sekachuu is no where near this drama IMHO :whistling:

1 litre of tears wins sekachuu by a thousand miles :salut:

classyangel

Post by classyangel » Dec 30th, '05, 12:39

What's the name of the actor who plays Asou-kun? Not the dad or the son who died but the one who helps the disease-striken girl? :goggle: I'm really bad with names

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 30th, '05, 12:41

classyangel wrote:What's the name of the actor who plays Asou-kun? Not the dad or the son who died but the one who helps the disease-striken girl? :goggle: I'm really bad with names
Nishikido Ryou :-)

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 30th, '05, 18:05

I loved This Drama .. :wub: although it's soo sad and made us cry at poor aya :(
But at the end of the last episode..they didn't show us Asou-kun's Reaction to aya's death ???????
I didnt like that.. i wanted to c his reaction .. !
that's what i was longing for throughout the last episodes ..but why didn't he appear once again after her death?!!!!!!
Anyone agree with me ..??

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 30th, '05, 18:11

*Lifo* wrote:I loved This Drama .. :wub: although it's soo sad and made us cry at poor aya :(
But at the end of the last episode..they didn't show us Asou-kun's Reaction to aya's death ???????
that's what i was longing for throughout the last episodes ..but why didn't he appear once again after her death?!!!!!!
At first I disliked that too. But than I thought about it. In real life there was no Asou and the producers wrote him in not just as a love interest but also to show how Aya changed the life of people outside the family. Like the people who read the diary and changed and Asou represented all of them.

renney_lim

Post by renney_lim » Dec 30th, '05, 23:06

WroW wrote:
*Lifo* wrote:I loved This Drama .. :wub: although it's soo sad and made us cry at poor aya :(
At first I disliked that too. But than I thought about it. In real life there was no Asou and the producers wrote him in not just as a love interest but also to show how Aya changed the life of people outside the family. Like the people who read the diary and changed and Asou represented all of them.
but after all, asou's character is just a fictional character...

swt_aznxxbabe

Post by swt_aznxxbabe » Jan 3rd, '06, 02:29

I'am sorry but does any body have only the files of the subtitles, not the entire episode for episodes 4-11. Please if you have it can you post it...i love this drama because it is soo real and sad...I tried downloading the PB subs and the kioku subs but they won't work...so if you have the subtitle files please tell me ...thank you..i voted life changing... :)

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Jan 3rd, '06, 03:58

hey guys! Im currently watching episode 10 right now... so Im realy close to the end [currently waiting for my mom to get off the phone so I can finish it! shes been watching it with me and gets mad if I try and watch without her.] I voted this show as "life changing" as well... man this show has kept me on the verge of tears the whole time Ive been watching it... and I dont usually react to dramas! >.< maybe it has something to do with Aya reminding me of one of my closest friends... they look the same! >.<

anyway I was wondering if anyone has the mp3 for <b>K - Only Human</b> which is the ending theme song for the show... I already dled the OST buh I dont think its there... and I also tried some of the other links on the forum. so if anyone has any links or can tell me where to dl it, it would be most appreciated! alright my mom is finally off the phone! time to finish! =)

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Jan 3rd, '06, 04:14

flipnicity wrote:
anyway I was wondering if anyone has the mp3 for <b>K - Only Human</b> which is the ending theme song for the show... I already dled the OST buh I dont think its there... and I also tried some of the other links on the forum. so if anyone has any links or can tell me where to dl it, it would be most appreciated! alright my mom is finally off the phone! time to finish! =)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... 97e17f6c04

there u go :P

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Jan 3rd, '06, 04:59

ano... isnt that a video file? not an mp3? ^^ thanks tho! Im going to dl that video also... buh if someone out there has the mp3 please post a link. thanks! ^^

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Jan 3rd, '06, 05:34

:cry: :blink are the two things Im feeling right now after watchin the end... <B>BUT</B>...
ok I just finished watching the last episode and understand that Asou was a fictional character from what was written above... buh did he actually die in the end too? cuz he and aya met on the basketball court? cuz that was my interpretation... anyone have another view?
I really liked this show... its up there in the favs... and highly recommend it to people looking for something more serious and true-to-life... :cheers:

anchan

Post by anchan » Jan 3rd, '06, 06:23

i probably did shed a litre of tears watching this series. i learn to appreciate life more. it's so sad. she's so strong. i know i couldn't be like that if i was in her shoes.

deathstar550

Post by deathstar550 » Jan 3rd, '06, 06:26

Yeah, it really was an awesome show. :)
My interpretation: Asou didn't die... that last scene on the basketball court where Aya smiles at Asou was probably one of Aya's last thoughts before the end. Their chance encounter at the basketball court is probably one of her most treasured memories. Of course, in the real memory, she was in a wheelchair already... so that last scene, where she was standing, must've been a dream of hers. It couldn't have been anything other than a dream... :(... with her disease she would never be standing ever again. But on a brighter note, she found what brought joy into her otherwise short and cruel life, and was able to go remembering these precious things.

I couldn't imagine Asou doing anything other than working as a doctor in some hospital somewhere, helping people. That want to be helpful to other people is something that he admired in Aya... the time they spent together really taught him a lot. "Live on," said Aya. I can't imagine him throwing that all away...

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Jan 3rd, '06, 06:33

flipnicity wrote:ano... isnt that a video file? not an mp3? ^^ thanks tho! Im going to dl that video also... buh if someone out there has the mp3 please post a link. thanks! ^^
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XEBSRVPF

i uploaded it :D

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Jan 3rd, '06, 13:53

deathstar550: thanks for your interpretation! =) I totally agree with you. ^^

broken_string: thanks for uploading the mp3! Only Human is such a good song! T___T

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Jan 3rd, '06, 17:57

I just finish watched this drama...Right now I can't say anything...My mind are blank and thinking of nothing...

The final episode are too heartbreak....First time I ever drop tears so much :-(

But overall these drama are great indeed....Very meaningful... :thumright: :-)

balmyzz

Post by balmyzz » Jan 3rd, '06, 21:11

I also just finished watching this drama. I probably went through a box of tissue with how much I cried, especially towards the end. Definitely a must-watch drama. Many thanks to the fansub grps otherwise I would've never watched it.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Jan 3rd, '06, 22:55

I watched all 11 episodes last night :cry: :cry: I must've cried 10000 litres of tears on it hehe
my eyes got sooooo puffy I looked sooo funny lol
but it's truely a very very very touching drama,especially since its based on a true story..loved how they would show u the real girl's pictures on each episode!
and it really made me think about my life :unsure:
I really want to get a copy of the book!! :cry: :cry:

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jan 4th, '06, 00:28

CraZyaH wrote:I watched all 11 episodes last night :cry: :cry: I must've cried 10000 litres of tears on it hehe
my eyes got sooooo puffy I looked sooo funny lol
but it's truely a very very very touching drama,especially since its based on a true story..loved how they would show u the real girl's pictures on each episode!
and it really made me think about my life :unsure:
I really want to get a copy of the book!! :cry: :cry:
The entire series in one night?! Crazy! :w00t:

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Jan 4th, '06, 00:43

the fact that this drama was based on a true story made it more real for me... and I think that if most people whove seen this drama are asked about it, would say life changing. :cry: it seriously makes you think about the things we tend to take in life for granted such as walking or speaking or even eating! >.<. .. and stories like Aya's give us hope that maybe what we are going through in life isnt so bad... ne?