Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
*Kay*

Post by *Kay* » Nov 29th, '05, 00:22

littlemissfab wrote: So you're after the 20-somethings kind of drama.... uhm.. yeah.. Tokyo Wankei with Nakama Yukie.. but then again I'm biased because I like her.. hehehe.. then there's Beautiful Life with Kimura Takuya... tearjerker. Uhhhh.. that's all I can think of right now...
Well, since I am 20-something I can see how I'd be interested in those types of dramas. But.. Thanks for the recommendations and I will be looking into these dramas in the future.

Kay

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Nov 29th, '05, 16:05

i'd recommend hoshi no kinka.

hoshi no kinka 1 was the best imo, but the 2nd was also great. didn't see the 3rd one, mainly because the actors changed, no more noriko sakai :glare:

itoshi kimi e is quite a tearjerker as well. :-)

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Nov 29th, '05, 20:51

moonchyld wrote:i'd recommend hoshi no kinka.

hoshi no kinka 1 was the best imo, but the 2nd was also great. didn't see the 3rd one, mainly because the actors changed, no more noriko sakai :glare:

itoshi kimi e is quite a tearjerker as well. :-)
I just happened to have that 3rd one. Haven't seen the first two though :-( Mari Hoshino can't compare to Noriko Sakai, but the drama isn't too bad. I learned quite a deal of Japanese sign language :P

Lyssa77

Post by Lyssa77 » Nov 29th, '05, 22:21

Also looking for japanese historical dramas. Except of dramas mentioned by Father_V I've found here "Ooku - Hana no Ran"

are there any more taiga dramas?
:nuts:

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Nov 30th, '05, 02:26

Hm. If you're looking for parent/child relationships, Otousan is probably that only one that I can think of. But the children are all quite old, in their 20s.
It's about a father who is getting remarried and how his four daughters adjust to it. They also sort out their own lives as they realise how important it is to him to get remarried. It's quite funny and moving, I cried almost every episode.

yumeaki

Post by yumeaki » Nov 30th, '05, 03:26

Not sure if I’m getting cold-hearted… I actually didn’t cry much while watching [Seikachu]…. :scratch:

I recommend [Algernon ni Hanataba o]. It’s pretty weepy for me to see how Haru’s IQ level just go down, down and down. Santamaria was good in that drama.

And I agree that [Mukodono] is good. Even though it’s funny, I cried at almost every episode (more for Mukodono 2) because it’s touching.

silbermond

Post by silbermond » Dec 2nd, '05, 22:14

*Kay* wrote:
littlemissfab wrote: So you're after the 20-somethings kind of drama.... uhm.. yeah.. Tokyo Wankei with Nakama Yukie.. but then again I'm biased because I like her.. hehehe.. then there's Beautiful Life with Kimura Takuya... tearjerker. Uhhhh.. that's all I can think of right now...
Well, since I am 20-something I can see how I'd be interested in those types of dramas. But.. Thanks for the recommendations and I will be looking into these dramas in the future.

Kay
Hi Kay,

i was currios, is there any eng subs for that film that you've mentioned before?
the beautiful life?

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 2nd, '05, 22:24

silbermond wrote:
*Kay* wrote:

Kay
Hi Kay,

i was currios, is there any eng subs for that film that you've mentioned before?
the beautiful life?

http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/index.h ... =beautiful

It's a TV-Drama, and it's really good.

silbermond

Post by silbermond » Dec 2nd, '05, 22:37

Seghal wrote:
silbermond wrote:
*Kay* wrote:

Kay
Hi Kay,

the beautiful life?

http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/index.h ... =beautiful

It's a TV-Drama, and it's really good.
Thanks for the link, I've download the film, but couldnt find the english subs.. :(

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 2nd, '05, 22:42

Some additions to my recent recommendations:

- Yasashii jikan
- Hiroshima Showa 20 nen 8 gatsu muika
- Hotaru no haka
- 1 rittoru no namida
- Tokyo Friends
- Musashi

san_kurogane
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Recommend Tearjerkers, Please.

Post by san_kurogane » Dec 3rd, '05, 00:47

NatsumeMan wrote: Can anyone recommend some good tearjerkers?
(Preferably stories that involve parent-child relationships or sickness rather than romance.)

Thank you.
A few months ago I saw a drama that fits perfectly into your qualifications. Shiawase no Shippo.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/shippo

Maybe you can read the synopsis there to see if I am correct. It involves parent-child relationship AND has sickness in it.
I only got to see the last 5 or 6 episodes of this but it is the only drama that 'really' brought tears to my eyes. And Mizuno-san is beautiful.

I can send you my raws if you want to watch this.

evosantin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by evosantin » Dec 3rd, '05, 16:09

I'm also a tearjerker-drama lover here. The one that made me cried the most was Itoshi Kimi e. No one has beated that one so far for me (Not even 1 Litre :lol) It's not about death so maybe some people find it less touching compared to Sekaichu or Kamisama, but the romance was awesome.

Bu tif you're more interested in children/family tearjerker, how about Ai Kurushii? I didn't really like it but it's about family with sick mother and so on. Maybe it can be one of your taste. Or Grave of The Fireflies? (children, poverty, war... what else can you ask? :P)

Btw I think the last episode of Joou no Kyositsu was very touching.

ussoptheliar
Deactivated

Post by ussoptheliar » Dec 3rd, '05, 16:20

GTO makes me cry everytime I watch it. That's your tear jerker right there!

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Dec 3rd, '05, 16:26

yeah somehow i like sad dramas too, and i tear at some pts in most japanese dramas as they are really touching... so that makes it hard for me to recommend
but i heard of this 1 which involves family and children... hikari to tomoni.
dealing with autistic children, shld b real sad, n touching.

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Dec 3rd, '05, 17:33

there was this amazing 6 episode drama by Shinji Takeda and Kanno Miho.. Kanno was mute here and it followed their love story (first 2 eps), their marriage (next 2 eps) and finally the problems they encountered with their child (last 2 eps). it's a tearjerker alright! XD

According to ashley @ jdorama.com (thanks~ :D), its title can be loosely translated to "Your Hands are Whispering".. but I've never been able to find that drama, not even in jdorama's database.. :cry:

If serious is ok with you, as well as non-love story tearjerkers, then I highly recommend shiroi kyoto. you can download it from chinese bittorrent sites. :thumleft: it was one of the best jdramas of all time (for me anyway hehe :P )!

folder5
Deactivated

Post by folder5 » Dec 3rd, '05, 17:35

wow, the storyline sounds good. If you ever find it, share it ok?

thresholdplan
Deactivated

Post by thresholdplan » Dec 4th, '05, 05:14

GTO definately!

ckamc240

Post by ckamc240 » Dec 5th, '05, 03:14

Hi Everyone! I am looking for some very current or being subed jdrama's to watch that everyone here would recommend. Currently watching and waiting on Hana Yori and trying to get the rest of Moto Kare. Looking for just new series's since they are easiest to get.

Thanks Everyone :)

groink

Post by groink » Dec 5th, '05, 03:39

silbermond wrote:Thanks for the link, I've download the film, but couldnt find the english subs.. :(
There are no soft subtitles. All JTV releases come with hard subtitles.

--- groink

Jubeiyagu

Post by Jubeiyagu » Dec 5th, '05, 05:56

Densha Otoko
Last Christmas
Hotman
Dragon Sakura
Nobuta Wo Produce
Trick 1-3
Engine

silbermond

Post by silbermond » Dec 5th, '05, 17:54

groink wrote:
silbermond wrote:Thanks for the link, I've download the film, but couldnt find the english subs.. :(
There are no soft subtitles. All JTV releases come with hard subtitles.

--- groink
ohhh... ok :D
thanks for the info anyway..

cmge

Post by cmge » Dec 6th, '05, 05:36

Sekai No Chuushin De, Ai Wo Sakebu ... trully a certified tear jerker... i just finished with the drama, then movie and now waiting for the book to be transalated... :cry:

i guess i did that in reverse... :O ...

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 6th, '05, 06:32

mering w/ the recommendations thread...

Demibaby

Post by Demibaby » Dec 7th, '05, 20:38

Just finished the first episode of Densha Otoko, it's one of the best jdramas that I've seen (so far @ least) that doesn't have anything to do with high schoolers :P It's about this 22-23 year old Otaku. This drama is very recommended!!!!!

Alegi

Post by Alegi » Dec 11th, '05, 22:53

GTO if i have to choose one at least :)

supeng

Post by supeng » Dec 13th, '05, 12:54

hi...can anyone give me the link or website to the place where i can download 'Love Generation' by Takuya Kimura and Matsu Takako?Please,i really want to watch this j-drama...

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 13th, '05, 12:57

supeng wrote:hi...can anyone give me the link or website to the place where i can download 'Love Generation' by Takuya Kimura and Matsu Takako?Please,i really want to watch this j-drama...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

SSSS

Post by SSSS » Dec 14th, '05, 00:54

Can anybody recommend any school romance dramas thats currently being seeded from episode 1? Ive searched through this thread and most of the ones recommended arent being seeded anymore at all or the early episodes arent being seeded anymore. Or if possible, can someone reseed some of the older episodes of some good ones such as Gokusen?

Thanks

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 14th, '05, 04:40

The most we can do here is to point you towards titles. It'll be up to you to check if they have seeds.... Please use the Seeding and Upload Requests/b] forum to request seeds (make sure you read the Stickies first though).

That being said, I'm not sure what you mean by high school romance... ^_^;
Gokusen is high school, but definitely not romance....
Are you really looking for a romance or just anything with a high school setting?

One drama that definitely has seeds is Sekai no chuushin de, Ai wo sakebu, a (tragic) high school romance, and the batch torrent for it here is part of the Permanent Seeding Project.

supeng

Post by supeng » Dec 14th, '05, 05:43

i would like to ask wat player and codec(s) do i need to play 'Love Generation' because it says that it is in an unsupported format..i've got real alternative codec,ac3filter,vobsub,Divx,Haali Media Splitter and Realplayer but it still cannot play.i tried to use gspot to know which codec is needed but it is not supported media file so cannot..can anyone pls help me?

Cinderella

Post by Cinderella » Dec 14th, '05, 06:00

I've would say GTO, Gokusen, last xmas, kamisama mou sukoshi dake, and friends

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Dec 14th, '05, 07:29

right now...i would recomend Brother Beat , Hana Yori Dango,Nobuta wo Produce, and Densha Otoko :mrgreen:

SSSS

Post by SSSS » Dec 14th, '05, 11:01

mizune wrote:The most we can do here is to point you towards titles. It'll be up to you to check if they have seeds.... Please use the Seeding and Upload Requests/b] forum to request seeds (make sure you read the Stickies first though).

That being said, I'm not sure what you mean by high school romance... ^_^;
Gokusen is high school, but definitely not romance....
Are you really looking for a romance or just anything with a high school setting?

One drama that definitely has seeds is Sekai no chuushin de, Ai wo sakebu, a (tragic) high school romance, and the batch torrent for it here is part of the Permanent Seeding Project.

By high school romance... I mean just that. A romance drama in a high school setting. Sorry for the confusion, I thought Gokusen was romance. Do you (or anybody else) have any more recommendations for a high school romance thats currenely seeding? I'll try the ones you suggested too.

supeng

Post by supeng » Dec 14th, '05, 12:20

may i ask wat r all the codecs dat ur computer have installed and wat is the player dat u used to watch the dramas?pls reply,thank you.

yuechan

Post by yuechan » Dec 14th, '05, 15:14

i like the ring (ringu)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 14th, '05, 16:22

SSSS wrote:By high school romance... I mean just that. A romance drama in a high school setting. Sorry for the confusion, I thought Gokusen was romance. Do you (or anybody else) have any more recommendations for a high school romance thats currenely seeding? I'll try the ones you suggested too.
Any criteria? Do you require complete series? If not, Nobuta no Produce and Hana Yori Dango are both high school romance and they will complete soon. These are all series that you can still get pretty easily from ep 1. Not sure if 1 Litre can truly qualify as a High School romance tho the series is mostly about her high school "years" and there is romance ... but it's also a great drama.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 15th, '05, 02:08

High school romances.... hmm... this was actually harder than I thought it would be... :scratch:
Off the top of my head:
Strawberry on the Shortcake
H2
Minami-kun no koibito < ehhhhhh.... sort of... at least both characters are in HS... :roll:

Kamisama mou sukoshi dake < HS girl, older man
Koukou Kyoushi < HS girl, older man
Majo no Jouken / Forbidden Love < HS boy, older woman

anybody got anything else?

Marikina

Apartment-setting dramas?

Post by Marikina » Dec 16th, '05, 08:32

I need reccommendations for series that are like "Long Vacation", "Kimi wa Petto", and "Last Christmas", where two people with conflicting personalities are forced to live and interact within (more or less) the same apartment.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '05, 08:46

Here're some:
Suekko chonan ane sannin
Double Kitchen
Itsumo futari de
News no Onna
Itazura na kiss
Aishiteru to ittekure
Yanpapa

EDIT: Some more:
Mukodono / Mukodono 2003
Ruri no shima (ok... it's an island, not an apartment, but it's small)
Engine
Meguri ai
Home Drama
Last edited by mizune on Dec 16th, '05, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Post by groink » Dec 16th, '05, 08:56

HOMEWORK
Hitotsu Yane no Shita

Man, there are dozens more, but my mind just isn't functioning right now...

--- groink

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '05, 08:57

yeah, this is like a staple archetype for drama plots... there're tons... ^_^;;;;

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 16th, '05, 20:51

Highschool romance... well, I think these dramas would be qualified as hs romances:

- Sekai no Chuushin
- Hakusen Nagashi
- Itazura na Kiss (not on D-addicts tracker and doesn't have English subs, but if you could read Chinese, you could find the batch at btchina).

Well, it's harder than I thought. I've seen lots of recent dramas taking place in hs, but they don't normally deal entirely with romance.

sandra

Post by sandra » Dec 18th, '05, 11:22

Gokusen 2 and Nobuta wo Produce are really nice. I love both dramas. My fav dramas ever. Plus, u'll get to see handsome and cute guys in both dramas! ^^"

hoannie

need shows

Post by hoannie » Dec 19th, '05, 10:24

i love love ..... LOVE hana yori dango :D
now that its finished would anybody have suggestions on shows thats similar to hana yori dango. something that contains lost of humor, and where the characters relationships are just soooo cute.

I hear it started with a kiss is good but i cant seem to find any torrents from the beginning with end subs. direct downloads would be too slow.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Jimmy777

Post by Jimmy777 » Dec 20th, '05, 04:29

There are so many good ones. One of my favorites would have to be Sleeping Forest. It was different and kept you guessing to the end.

bantut

Post by bantut » Dec 20th, '05, 04:54

after going through the thread, im planning on watching Sekai no Chuushin de next, as i finished Beautiful Life today (it was very good all the way through)
other jdoramas that i would recommend would be:

Densha Otoko
Gokusen
GTO
Summer Snow
Orange Days
Long Vacation

Wingwong

Out of all the new dramas now, which 1s highly reccommended

Post by Wingwong » Dec 20th, '05, 17:56

Out of all the new Japanese dramas out this season, which is definitely, must see? Again THIS SEASON of THIS YEAR.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 20th, '05, 20:14

I think you should put this in the Recommended Japanese Dramas thread, since you're asking for a recommendation.

In my opinion, I'd definitely choose "One Litre of Tears"/"Ichi Ritoru no Namida". It's one drama that nobody should miss. It changed my view about life. The drama is touching, meaningful and inspiring. You won't regret watching it. Warning though, it might be very sad.

Info @ Jdorama: http://jdorama.com/drama.959.htm
Wiki page: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichi_Rittoru_no_Namida

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Dec 20th, '05, 20:29

Hana Yori Dango and Nobuta wo Produce were both great if u like teenage/school dramas :D

and I heard a lot of great reviews about 1 Litre of Tears,hoping to watch it once i'm done with my tests and all :-(

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 20th, '05, 20:31

You could also take a look at the "D-Addicts's Ranking for 2005 JDramas" thread, just ignore the dramas from the previous seasons 2005.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26414

To quote Ruroshin:
Ruroshin wrote:Top 10 so far:

Nobuta wo Produce
Hana Yori Dango
Densha Otoko
Ichi Rittoru no Namida
H2
Dragon Zakura
Engine
Gokusen 2
Slow Dance
Anego
Nr 1, 2 and 4 are from this season.

Personally I would recommend Nobuta wo Produce and Ai no Uta.

impression151

Post by impression151 » Dec 20th, '05, 21:53

I too would recommend 1 litre of tears/ichi ritoru no namida. It's just good. The finale just came out like 20 minutes ago on D-addicts so expect kioku to release the final subs on Monday. If you know Chinese, the subs for them usually come out tomorrow.

broken_string

Post by broken_string » Dec 21st, '05, 11:26

mikomi wrote:I think you should put this in the Recommended Japanese Dramas thread, since you're asking for a recommendation.

In my opinion, I'd definitely choose "One Litre of Tears"/"Ichi Ritoru no Namida". It's one drama that nobody should miss. It changed my view about life. The drama is touching, meaningful and inspiring. You won't regret watching it. Warning though, it might be very sad.

Info @ Jdorama: http://jdorama.com/drama.959.htm
Wiki page: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichi_Rittoru_no_Namida
i second tat :cry:
is a must watch :-(

the best ever drama for me :D

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Dec 22nd, '05, 02:57

Recommend me a good J-drama series. So far I've watched Beach Boys, GTO,, Hotman, and Hana Yori Dango.

I have some of Densha Otoko and Strawberry on the Shortcake. Anything with good comedy and is emotions is fine. Thanks.

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Dec 22nd, '05, 02:57

Oh, and it has to be ENG subbed.

flcia

Post by flcia » Dec 22nd, '05, 04:05

is one litre of tears eng subbed?
cuz the last time i checked theres only chinese subbed ones...n the eng subbed is only 4 episodes...
any group doing this?

bantut

Post by bantut » Dec 25th, '05, 00:57

hi, im looking for a good comedy drama after all the serious dramas ive been watching lately lol
Comedies ive already seen include:
Densha Otoko
Gokusen
GTO

hopefully there is something that is just as good

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 25th, '05, 01:30

bantut wrote:hi, im looking for a good comedy drama after all the serious dramas ive been watching lately lol
Comedies ive already seen include:
Densha Otoko
Gokusen
GTO

hopefully there is something that is just as good
You could try Long Vacation. It's one of my all-time favourites and it's really funny.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Long_Vacation

soscarygs

Post by soscarygs » Dec 25th, '05, 16:20

My absolute absolute so far:

Last Christmas
Summer Snow
Beautiful Life
Sekai No Chuushin
1 Litre of Tears

Narutokun

Which Jdrama can you recommend?

Post by Narutokun » Dec 26th, '05, 01:06

HI iam new here sorry when iam doing wrong *gomen*

I the last 2 weeks i watched 2 Jdramas "1 Litre of Tears" and "Crying out of Love - in the center of the world"

I really like these to series and now iam unsure what i should watch next can you recommend me any Series that are also good or have the same story line?

i will really appreciate that.

thx in advance

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Dec 26th, '05, 01:41

Check out the RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JAPANESE DRAMAS sticky.

Moving to Japanese Entertainment...

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 26th, '05, 05:07

flcia wrote:is one litre of tears eng subbed?
cuz the last time i checked theres only chinese subbed ones...n the eng subbed is only 4 episodes...
any group doing this?
the e-sub for 1 litre at jpopsuki.com is up to ep 10 now ... ep 11 will hopefully be released next week

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Dec 26th, '05, 06:23

Tiger and Dragon is a great comedy series.

I think you can appreciate it on a number of levels. First you get some good actors and actresses who are just pleasant to watch.

Then you can just enjoy the story which usually involves some major turn-around.

And finally if you know some Rakugo (traditional Edo period comedy) you can really appreciate how the episodes are constructed. And I guess the timeless aspect of human nature.

To be fair the show does try to explain the original Rakugo stories, but I find that they run out of time to do it proper justice. Too much is happening in the show.

dan12

Post by dan12 » Dec 27th, '05, 02:11

1 litre of tears is a much watch, i crieds soo hard, i love ericka or aya shes cute and a great actor i hope to sdee more of her. i cant wait to see shinobi too shes one of the actor

akira_shock

Post by akira_shock » Dec 27th, '05, 10:06

i really liked engine an gokusen2..i didnt see the first gokusen but i heard it was like the same..

classyangel

what to watch next!

Post by classyangel » Dec 27th, '05, 17:26

Hey, I've just finished Hana Yori Dango and Nobuta wo Produce and I loved them both. I don't know what I should watch next. Something of similar themes perhaps but if there are any good (not seriously dramatic love triangles) series that you recommend, please shout out! :D

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 27th, '05, 17:40

Have you watched Ichi rittoru no namida (1 Litres of tears) yet? this series has just finished, ep 1-4 can be found right here at d-addicts and the rest at jpopsuki
not love triangle or something but great series.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Dec 27th, '05, 20:21

engine, 1 litre of tears, nobuta wo produce are all good ^^

1M

Post by 1M » Dec 27th, '05, 23:45

pipi wrote:Have you watched Ichi rittoru no namida (1 Litres of tears) yet? this series has just finished, ep 1-4 can be found right here at d-addicts and the rest at jpopsuki
not love triangle or something but great series.
I also recommend 1 litre.
Just finished watching that. any recommendations!??? :mrgreen:

SHiNB0

Post by SHiNB0 » Dec 28th, '05, 02:35

what genre is 1 liter.... is it comedy?

classyangel

Post by classyangel » Dec 28th, '05, 02:46

thanks alot! I'll give this a shot :lol can't wait! how long is the series? Jdorama's seem to be shorter than kdrama's.

anyways, thanks again :thumleft:

meme104

Post by meme104 » Dec 28th, '05, 02:51

it is 11 episodes :wub:
short ha
try it but don't forget to tell us your opinion :thumleft:
i hope u will like it :thumright:

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 28th, '05, 04:23

1 litre, its imo the best of 2005, so unbelievable realistic, heartbreaking, wellacted and just everything - ive cried 1 liter myself:(

and i hope that someone can answer this - when does the new season with new dramas start?

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Dec 28th, '05, 04:28

Can someone recommend me some 'certified tear jerker' dramas that are relatively new? I've already seen 'Ichi Rittoru no Namida' and 'Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu', so if you guys know of any better ones (although I'm highly doubting it at the moment :D), please post them! Thanks~!

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Dec 28th, '05, 04:29

classyangel: Merged your thread with this existing one.

XoRENEWDLIFEoX

Post by XoRENEWDLIFEoX » Dec 28th, '05, 08:54

So Far I've only watched three drama series and they're are all outstanding

JDrama - Hana Yori Dango #1-9
KDrama - Full House #1-16
CDrama - Meteor Garden (1st Season)