44%

Total votes: 291

Yorokobi

jun matsumoto vs shun oguri

Post by Yorokobi » Nov 19th, '05, 08:41

Hey Everybody

I am becoming obsessed with these two actors
Jun Matsumoto and Shun Oguri
I love them both but im not sure which i like better. I think im leaning a little towards Jun
what do you guys think?

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Nov 19th, '05, 08:48

Oguri Shun is much better! :wub: Don't get me wrong, I like Jun and all, but Shun is so much cuter. :thumleft:

astures99

Post by astures99 » Nov 19th, '05, 08:50

hummm I prefer matsumoto jun.... I really like the way he acts in HYD live action...

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Nov 19th, '05, 10:46

I seriously CAN NOT decide. Wahhh~

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 19th, '05, 10:46

where's "I luv them both" option?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Nov 19th, '05, 10:56

I would have but i wanted to make people have to chose so that i can see which one people really pefer but if you love them both just yell it out in a post

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!

kko_lit

Post by kko_lit » Nov 19th, '05, 11:10

this really made me think 'cause both actors are really good. haha!

but i voted for oguri shun, because i think he looks better. haha! :lol

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Nov 19th, '05, 14:11

Too close of a decesion. How about a tie for right now until we can get another new series with both of them not on it at the same time.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 19th, '05, 14:20

I think to me Jun wins acting wise as he's capable of playing any role and actually being really good without exceptions. Shun is also a good actor but only for a certain kind of role. He on the other hand wins my vote for his looks and his aura. What a gorgeous young man. :wub:
To make it short: Jun's the better actor in my opinion but I'm more interested in Shun as he has that certain something.

Jisatsu

Post by Jisatsu » Nov 19th, '05, 14:30

um... I don't think we should compare two different actors..

They are really differnt and also the way they playisn't the same...

I Love them both... But I voted for shun for several reasons...

cees

Post by cees » Nov 19th, '05, 14:44

:crazy: that is a tough decision mm. :unsure: :unsure: 4 me i voted 4 Jun but that doesn't mean i dont like Shun... i chose Jun coz i think that he is more good looking than Shun and i liked his acting in HYD more than Shun......

:wub: :wub: :wub: I LOVE U JUN :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Nov 19th, '05, 21:22

sesshu.kotoyumu wrote:Too close of a decesion. How about a tie for right now until we can get another new series with both of them not on it at the same time.
i agree with that yay! lets watch more jun and shun dramas ^_^

by the way how come your sig doesnt have jun in it?

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 20th, '05, 02:00

We need less of a thread like this, this just spell troubles.

I decided not to vote, it doesn't even matter that much.

MooL

Post by MooL » Nov 20th, '05, 02:02

Jun! Matsumoto Jun WINS! It's so easy for me to choose.

He's so flexible with all of his roles, and he's by FAR the greatest. He's wonderful.

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Nov 20th, '05, 02:09

... This question is really easy!!!

JUN of course!!! yay!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

There's no guy cuter than him!!!

hecate

Post by hecate » Nov 20th, '05, 02:18

It was a hard decision, but in the end, I have to pick Jun. He's the cutest. :wub:

nororu

Post by nororu » Nov 20th, '05, 02:41

MatsuJun kawaii !!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
Last edited by nororu on Nov 20th, '05, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

rissa0301

Post by rissa0301 » Nov 20th, '05, 02:46

That is a very hard question, neee... ^^"""
but i vote for Jun!!! ^^
Shun is very great in gokusen, densha otoko, azumi, etc...
Jun is very great too in all he did ^^;
But for Hyd's drama.. I think Jun is doing a better job ~^; since Hanazawa Rui is the type Shun does a lot...

Jun saikouuuuuuu x)

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Nov 20th, '05, 06:39

For me I chose Matsumoto Jun. He's acting is getting so much better and he makes a perfect Doumyoji (originally I thought Akanishi Jin would have done a good job, but now I can't imagine anyone else playing he role!)

However, I still say that Oguri Shun is probably my favorite actor playing the Hanazawa Rui role. (Heheh that includes over Kimura Takuya who played Hanazawa Rui 1993 Comic Book CD series too!) :P

oceansportrait

Oguri Shun

Post by oceansportrait » Nov 20th, '05, 08:02

Oguri Shun by far. Although I don't like his acting in HYD, it was probably as much the director's fault as his because he just doesn't fit Hanazawa Rui. He has a wide range in the characters he plays (all of which he is convincing in, except for HYD ^^). I loved his character in Summer Snow. I still don't know how he was able to alter the way he spoke to match that of a partially handicapped (hearing) person. Where as with Matsumoto Jun...I've seen him in Gokusen and Kimi wa Petto. He's good at being the "silent, cool guy" but once he opens his mouth his acting just goes down the drain.

Furion

Post by Furion » Nov 20th, '05, 17:45

I think I prefer Shun more, I've seen him in many drama's and I must say his acting is right on, and his roles are quite diverse but he handles it very well. As for Jun, I've only seen him in HYD, Gokusen and Kimi wa Petto, I dunno his acting can be quite unconvincing at times, in some instance it feels as if they're forced. But he's pretty good at making facial expressions.

Aisling

Post by Aisling » Nov 21st, '05, 00:10

:wub: Shun is much better of course!!!
besides being a good actor he`s charismatic and handsome and tall 8)
as for Jun I think of him as good actor altough I can`t agree with the idea of him being Tsukasa as for Shun I live his role as Rui that`s why I miss him in episode 5
Jun I totally love him in Gokusen but Shun I love him in every drama he appears!!
so for me Shun Oguri is better
don`t be mad remember this is just personal oppinion :D

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Nov 21st, '05, 00:17

I haven't seen both actors act aside from HYD. However, based on what I'm seeing so far, my vote goes to Jun. I mean, at first I didn't like that Jun was playing Tsukasa's role, but he's grown on me. His acting is really really impressive and I absolutely adore it!! I understand that Shun's character Rui, doesn't really give him the chance to show his acting skills, but hey.. I can't do anything about that.. I'm quite a sucker for those playing Tsukasa's roles! :wub:

NaTsUmE_MaYa

Post by NaTsUmE_MaYa » Nov 21st, '05, 00:22

Kathleen wrote:I think to me Jun wins acting wise as he's capable of playing any role and actually being really good without exceptions. Shun is also a good actor but only for a certain kind of role. He on the other hand wins my vote for his looks and his aura. What a gorgeous young man. :wub:
To make it short: Jun's the better actor in my opinion but I'm more interested in Shun as he has that certain something.

i'm totally agree with you..I LOVE BOTH OF THEM...

Both JUN n SHUN SAIKOU!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sunadwich

Post by Sunadwich » Nov 21st, '05, 00:31

Il LOVE THEM BOTH
they have a lots of personality. moreover they act very well for example in HNY shun plays a melancholy, cold and calm boy whereas in gokusen he's the big smooth, the scum the same goes for jun in HNY he was the "big boss who hit all what move" but in Gokusen he 's the smart boys who can do whatever for his friends, they support them... and his role on kimi wa petto is not bad
in fact they are great :cheers: :thumright:

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Nov 21st, '05, 00:52

Shun Oguri is a much better actor...period. :-)

godmode

Post by godmode » Nov 21st, '05, 00:58

personally i think Shun is a better actor and better looking that Jun.
Do people really consider Jun to be good looking? He has a weird shaped face and giant protruding teeth. :blink

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 21st, '05, 02:00

I prefer Jun (just look at my avatar).
In therms of acting, I think both can act well. Shun was good in Summer Snow, now at HYD, he´s so-so. Jun is great in HYD, but actually, I didn´t like him too much in Kimi wa Petto.
But for me, Jun is more handsome, he´s got such a great charisma, and from I´ve seen him on interviews, he seems to be a funny and cheerful guy, which is the type I most like. Shun just doesn´t appeal to me in therms of beauty/charisma.

Actually, I prefer Takeshi Kaneshiro. :wub:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 21st, '05, 03:13

gosh...such a hard question.....but i have to pick MatsuJun.i really LOVE BOTH OF THEM,it's just that i think that MatsuJun acts better than Shun. and Jun is really kawaii in most of his doramas that he's acting.Like, Kimi wa Petto as Momo(he was sooooo adorable and at the same time he was soooo hot XD i wish he ws my pet :wub: ), and Gokusen as Shin and right now in HYD as Tsukasa Doumyouji :wub: as for Shun, he really good in acting too and he has such a loveable face :wub: :wub: :wub: So it was a really hard desicion for me cuz i LOVE :heart: BOTH OF THEM ne :wub: :wub: :wub: (((>///<)))

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Nov 21st, '05, 03:42

BOTH BOTH BOTH BOTH..too hard to decide!!

on one hand jun is also in a band and an AMAZING actor... but shun is soooo cute1^_^ and a great actor too...

wahh im crazy loool

aisu_kurimu

Post by aisu_kurimu » Nov 21st, '05, 03:45

I think Oguri Shun is hot and a good actor, but Matsujun is (a little, very little) less hot but a much better actor...

I'm going with Matsujun >_<;;;;; :wub:

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Nov 21st, '05, 05:49

my first drama w/ these two is HYD. at first i was more drawn to orguri and then later as tsukasa, jun totally grows on you! i believe that both guys can act pretty well, like in gokusen. but, orguri's tall, lean look (shallow i know) won me over!

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 21st, '05, 06:09

I think Shun is the better actor.

Seeing him play a wimpy kid in GTO and then a Tough guy in Gokusen was cool.
A boy with hearing trouble in Summer SNow, and then a guy who can swing long swords and kill people in Azumi 2 was also cool.

Anyone can recommend another drama he acts in?
I wanna see him act in other roles so i can see just how talented an actor he is

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 21st, '05, 06:38

that's a really hard question.

:cry: :cry:

i voted matsumoto jun.

i'm so sorry oguri shun!! i still love you! :wub:

mms

Post by mms » Nov 21st, '05, 22:42

to hav them head-2-head, i could only vote based on HYD. n i like matsu jun better, so he has my vote. haha i havn't read the manga nor hav watched meteor garden so i dont know how it would turn up in the end n would surely like it left that way for now. let the story unfolds by itself... but i hope matsu jun wins. i think he's a better man in the series. well, that's up to ep5, dont know if i change my opinion later... but i already voted haha.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 22nd, '05, 00:04

Yaa!! This is a tough decision cuz I like both actors. They are both talented in their own way and both are cute ( ahhh so gorgeous actually :wub: ) So in the end, I still can't choose one. Hey I also like Tacky ( the main guy from Yoshitsune ) aahh so many great actors. Just can't chooosee :mrgreen:

Chunly

Post by Chunly » Nov 22nd, '05, 00:07

i love them both but i will go with oguri shun! :wub:

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Nov 22nd, '05, 14:23

hands down Jun Matsumoto! I Love him! :wub:

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 22nd, '05, 16:22

erm...
i think this question isn't based on hyd right?
and it's not as if i choose one, i don't like the other right?

shun i like, jun i love.
reason?
he may not be handsome in the classic sense, but there's an aura about him that makes me feel he's the most gorgeous guy in the world...^^ haha... ok, i'm a big jun fan...

and he's got the potential to rule in the acting industry in japan in future... i don't think this is a biased remark. he's not particularly tall, he's not born a great actor.
but he improves in leaps and bounds and he's got an x-factor. you can't help looking at him. at least most of the people i know feels that way, be it for good or for bad.
and many times, his special aura makes you overlook some of his short comings, his acting flaws, etc... (he won an award for his portrayal of shin in gokusen btw)
so ya, he's special.

as for shun, i like him in gokusen.
i think gokusen is gokusen only with jun and shun in it. period. coz they are both great actors and bring their roles to life.
but gokusen was the only drama where i think shun was good.
i wasn't impressed with shun in stand up basically coz nino stole the show.
that ninja movie with shun and ueto sucks. the plot sucks. period. didn't offer the actors a good chance to show off their acting skills.
hyd didn't emphasize shun's role enough. maybe in the later eps.
but i will still watch shows with shun in them... he's cute. haha!
^^

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Nov 22nd, '05, 18:13

what kinda questionis that??... its obviously MATSUMOTO JUN is better...

shun was really cute in gokusen. but jun was just too hot...
and now in hana yori dango. i dunno jun's amazing acting has blind me from rui's charm. rui can't even be compare to tsukasa in the series!!

apples

Post by apples » Nov 22nd, '05, 18:19

errr... before HYD, i'd have to say neither. but watching jun as domyouji, i finally realized how hot and cute he really is.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 22nd, '05, 18:48

shouting I luv them both is no fun if the option is not included in the poll :lol so I eventually decided to vote :P and if this poll was made after Gokusen I wouldn't hesitate even for a minute and voted for Shun but now it's hanadan time so I guess I vote for Jun coz I totally love him as Tsukasa :heart:

Kuroi_Tsubasa

Post by Kuroi_Tsubasa » Nov 22nd, '05, 18:55

MatsuJun<333333333333333333333333 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
even tho i like Shun - how can anyone make me fall in love with hin like thisif not MatsuJun?!?
beautiful, sexy, cute, have the most beautiful smile i have ever seen, great singer and dancer - do u really need me to keep on?!? :D

Pandachan

Post by Pandachan » Nov 22nd, '05, 19:03

I voted for Jun Matsumoto...only because I've been a fan of him since Kimi wa petto and a fan of Arashi for a while now...

yet, hmm...My friend really likes Oguri Shun ^^ so we kinda have these discussions everyday, and I really like the way he acts.....

It's a very hard choice, but I decided to go with Jun ^^;; sorry Oguri fans! :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 23rd, '05, 00:20

Jun ? , Jun !! Jun ? Junn , Junn? Junnnnnn ayayayya :D stop asking me LOL

Schala

Post by Schala » Nov 23rd, '05, 12:55

I'll vote Oguri Shun...

But I'm biased because I really haven't seen too many of Jun's dramas. I've only seen Gokusen and Kimi wa petto. So I really haven't seen enough to make a fair vote.

But I've liked Oguri Shun ever since I first saw him in GTO. Then I saw Azumi and I was like "Hey, that guy looks like an older version of Noboru.....wait! IT IS NOBORU!" Haha. And it's funny because I kept watching jdramas that had Shun in them, and I never knew he was. So I'd just stumble across more jdramas with him, when I didn't even know. ^^0

I dunno, I just think he's a really good actor. I mean, in Summer Snow, he pulled off a hard of hearing person quite well. I know some Japanese, but not a lot, and if I can tell his speech sounds different in a language I'm not fluent in, I think that's really good acting. ^^

sasorisa

Post by sasorisa » Nov 23rd, '05, 22:43

My vote goes to Shun! Everyone mentions Summer Snow and GTO when it comes to his performances but strangely those are the two that I have downloaded but have yet to watch. Mainly cuz I know Summer Snow will make me cry and because I'm afraid GTO the show will not live up to it's manga counter part which I LOVED.

But back to the poll - after watching Jun in a few dramas I felt that he was indeed a good actor that was steadily improving but what I realized or at least it's feels noticeable to me is that the tone of his voice seems the same (I can't really describe what I mean... -_-;;) . Plus, just the fact that he's a Johnny's screams 'IDOL", which I don't really dig (but I -looove- Yamapi -> why isn't my lil bro this cute?).

Schala

Post by Schala » Nov 23rd, '05, 23:10

sasorisa wrote:Mainly cuz I know Summer Snow will make me cry and because I'm afraid GTO the show will not live up to it's manga counter part which I LOVED.
Well, if it counts for anything, in my opinion, the drama is much better than the anime and manga. I mean, obviously it's not as long, and some characters are not even in the drama, but it's still awesome. I personally like the Onizuka in the drama more than the manga/anime Onizuka.

Also, I'm basing this only on the 7 volumes I've read of the manga. But I have seen the entire anime series, and the manga seems to be exactly like the anime. Almost verbatim.

sasorisa

Post by sasorisa » Nov 25th, '05, 05:22

Schala wrote: Also, I'm basing this only on the 7 volumes I've read of the manga. But I have seen the entire anime series, and the manga seems to be exactly like the anime. Almost verbatim.
I've read all 25 volumes of the manga and I've skimmed through the anime but really, for me it ended kind of abruptly. Usually, the manga version of anything is more complete or in some cases drawn-out but I think it enables the mangaka to have more character development.

So I think having read the entire GTO series I'd feel a little cheated that the drama didn't cover everything. -_-;; (that's what happened when skimmed through BECK the anime. The manga is SO great and the story and characters develop so much more after the anime ended but where the manga continued).

Kimi wa Petto was ok from manga to drama transition though. And I loved Gokusen (1), since I never read the manga!

margarita

Post by margarita » Nov 25th, '05, 11:42

I like matsujun but oguri is not bad as an actor..
I found oguri shun in 24 emergency ward III as an younger brother in the hospital related family. And this time in Hana yori Dango, the charactor is far different. He acts well.

However my personal opinion is ,, oguri does not seem to be the most suitable actor as Hanazawa Rui. It may probably be because of the image i had when he acted in 24 EW III.

Hmm,, it became soooooo difficult vote. :scratch:

OK. I' ll vote Matsujun just because I'm a fan of him :P

xiaowanzi

Post by xiaowanzi » Dec 13th, '05, 18:07

i dunno...

i really dunno who my vote shld go too~ =....(

I think both of them r vv gd gd actors...

athida

Post by athida » Dec 14th, '05, 00:01

It started with me liking Jun and it still is MatsuJUN!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: XD He just has that charm about him that draws all attention to him. :w00t: XD XD Shun is cute and all but he will remain the best supporting actor (as an eye candy) when paired with Jun... ex. Shin and Uchi in Gokusen, Doumyouji and Rui in HYD.

red velvet

Post by red velvet » Dec 14th, '05, 04:23

Whil eI do love me some Shun, I think that Jun has that certain SOMETHING about him that you can't deny.

Like Shun is the better actor, in some respects, and is much cuter, there's something about Jun that steals the show. He's just got that charisma that appeals to you. I love watching him be silly, goofy, as well as being dark, mysterious, and sexy.

Well they're both my baby's daddys so it's all good.

van737

Post by van737 » Jan 5th, '06, 20:45

:D :D i love them both

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 5th, '06, 21:31

jun :heart::wub:
nothign else to say, im just in love ^^

evildevil

Post by evildevil » Jan 6th, '06, 07:39

I love them both in HYD. I voted for Shun though. :D

This is my first J-drama so yea I have no idea about two of them. When i start watching, i already fall in love with Shun hahaha. I mean, Shun is perfect for Rui's character, and I love Jun as Tsukasa too. :D. Jun's ... serious face plus his innocent acting in front the girl is really :wub: haha. I'm happy dat Tsukushi chose Tsukasa. But, for the whole time I always love Rui's character and dat lovely person who plays it .. Shun !!! ^^

Yoh-Asakura

Post by Yoh-Asakura » Jan 6th, '06, 08:20

Ofcourse Shun Oguri ........... :D

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Jan 6th, '06, 10:00

松本潤
Matsumoto Jun~

sour_mango

Post by sour_mango » Jan 6th, '06, 21:31

i voted for oguri shun because i just find him so attractive!!

Genuine

Post by Genuine » Jan 7th, '06, 00:08

i prefer Shun

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Jan 7th, '06, 05:50

easy question.

You could see it from my avatar, JUN MATSUMOTO all the waaayyyy!!! :cheers: Yay!

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 8th, '06, 11:26

hmmm....can't really pick :cry: :cry: :cry: can't it be both?

sweetxvanilla

Post by sweetxvanilla » Jan 8th, '06, 12:04

lol

tinyportraits

Post by tinyportraits » Jan 8th, '06, 17:17

I voted for Shun. He's an awesome actor. I've seen Summer Snow several times, and I somehow didn't realize that was him as Hanazawa Rui in Hana Yori Dango, because it's such a different character. I was totally shocked. (I love Jun as part of Arashi, but not quite so much as an actor.)

love01

Post by love01 » Jan 8th, '06, 21:14

i like both of them :D at first i dont like jun but later on im starting to like him more and more especially in HYD...there's just something about him that makes me like him i cant explain it really...but still i find shun cuter :D

xiaowanzi

Post by xiaowanzi » Jan 11th, '06, 16:01

Matsu Jun :lol

though i voted jun, but shun is also kinda cute ne?!

blau

Post by blau » Feb 8th, '06, 18:35

Me to I voted For MATSUMOTO JUN :wub: :wub:

guccha22

Post by guccha22 » Feb 9th, '06, 00:16

I voted for Oguri Shun. I like him better as an actor. I knew MatsuJun from like 6 years ago. Only recently [few years ago] I started watching Gokusen and actually saw MatsuJun act. I liked his character, and he seems to act well, but I saw Oguri Shun and I just fell in love! I liked his character and the way he acted. He was so cute also.

And then HanaDan, I liked Hanazawa Rui's character. I think Oguri is always the cool guy and MatsuJun is the cool "leader" that ends up being normal kinda guy. XD but yeah, I felt that Oguri Shun acted better.

& I also liked Oguri in Densha Otoko. Although he had a small part and had a weird character. He looked cool.

I think variety-wise, MatsuJun is good. He's hilarious in D / G no Arashi or anything Arashi related. Sometimes he tries too hard though. lol

mandychan

Post by mandychan » Feb 9th, '06, 00:24

JUN!! He is the Man lol YAY JUN!! ok I am done. JUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

SyaoranX

Post by SyaoranX » Feb 9th, '06, 19:41

before i would say that they are just about even however after seeing HYD. i would have to say Matsu Jun. He beat Shun by a hair. they were both awesome in HYD but Matsu Jun's acting grabbed me more.

SuO

Post by SuO » Feb 12th, '06, 12:30

absolutely Jun-Domyouji
so cute
still i like Rui though :wub: :wub:

alliemon

Post by alliemon » Feb 12th, '06, 12:39

Acting-wise - Jun
Looks - Shun

X3;

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Mar 2nd, '06, 14:09

Forever Jun! :wub: The first young chap to mesmerise me with his acting ability.

I like Shun too...he's a good actor...but nothing compared to Jun, IMO. Still, Japan should be glad to have two young guys with such potential to become really good :)

evil_zai

Post by evil_zai » Mar 3rd, '06, 04:11

yey!!!! shun all the way!!!!
i mean, i like jun too, but i just love shun. how he manages to make every role he plays his is really amazing. once he plays something, it becomes his own. very hard to think of another actor who can possible play it too. he's very versatile. plus he looks sooo sweet.... and he's tall. haha. and i like it that he has a girlfriend he seems very happy to be with.

yingaling84

(dreamy look)

Post by yingaling84 » Mar 3rd, '06, 04:19

Definitely Oguri Shun.....so incredibly cute. :wub: :wub: :wub: