STAY AWAY (1)
No votes

Total votes: 72

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Discussion] Tokyo Friends

Post by xiaryx » Sep 4th, '05, 00:37

This straight-to-dvd series has a couple of great songs that make it unforgettable. What do you think?

Please help to update wiki info!
Last edited by xiaryx on Sep 4th, '05, 01:19, edited 5 times in total.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Sep 4th, '05, 01:00

I am going to go with shouldn't be missed cus so far I have only seen the first two eps and it was really fun and interesting to watch (gotta finish up the remaining eps).It kinda reminded me of Searchin for my polestar and Ai to iu nano moto ni (aka In the name of love) which all have the friends/love/togetherness theme around it.I was kinda surprised it didn't air on tv and went straight to dvd :blink .Well so far what I have seen I like it and do recommend it to anyone who likes these sorta dorama's.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 4th, '05, 12:24

shucks. i still have this on my hard drive, hoping someone will be willing to sub this series. it has several good actors/actresses in it. hopefully, i can watch this series with subs, and i can join in on this discussion.

tianj

Post by tianj » Sep 4th, '05, 14:29

There was someone who said they might possibilly sub it, and another who said they will sub it if there were no one else subbing it. But haven't heard from them in a while, so I dunno what's the progress.
I was thinking maybe the Jdramas could be subbed in a fashion similiar to how the kdramas are done: although you get ep 1, then maybe 4,5, and then 2,3, but it seems to be very efficient and less committment for each subber, so it goes pretty fast. So one person choose which which episodes they want to do and post it on the forum before they do it(so don't do redundant work). And more people choose until all the episodes are taken. What do you think? The Chinese subbers does something similiar from what I hear and they have extremly fast releases.

senru711

Post by senru711 » Sep 4th, '05, 16:11

yea there is a chinese group subbing it. the group is called [SUBPIG] and so far they have just released ep 1 of it.. :-)

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Sep 4th, '05, 16:15

@tianj, very good suggestions. But there are alot more kdrama fan than jdorama fans :(. I really like the first song they performed in the series. The second song "Friends" was ok but not too memorable.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Sep 5th, '05, 02:35

I know that the theme song "Friends" can be found on Ai Otsuka's Daisuki dai yo album, but does anyone know how I can find the other song "To me" by Boo Bee Benz? I actually like Ai Otsuka's version better, but I am having a hard time finding it... I checked the Tokyo Friends official site and they didnt say anything about releasing an ost.thanks!

mms

Post by mms » Dec 10th, '05, 16:55

haa, can't wait for the movie continuation. the songs are great. yea i like the series. because i like ai's voice!!! nevertheless, great story too. ayo!

just wondering is sabakan a real band? whose song is Friends? who wrote it? i know ai sing the song, but there'a also a Sabakan version of the song. there's 2 version of Friends. if someone may answer my questions, arigatou.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 10th, '05, 17:30

Sabakan is not a real band and "Friends" was written by Otsuka Ai.
The Sabakan version is just a different music arrangement (basically a 3-4 piece band arrangement using just guitar and drums like Sabakan).

kiwigloomy

Post by kiwigloomy » Jan 12th, '06, 08:25

even it has Otsuka Ai in it, but i must say.... it's really not a good Jdrama at all
it only has 5 episodes... and the ending was crappy too.... and all the relationships getting mixed up
The story plot was too simple, not much can come out of it...

And yes, i like the first song as well (very much)!!!!! The seconds song was only average~

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Jan 12th, '06, 08:46

OMG!! Didn't know that it has already been released!! Have to dowload it quick!!

Hov08

Post by Hov08 » Jan 26th, '06, 08:38

Does anyone know where i can d/l the OST for this drama.....ALOHA

Hov08

Question...PLZ Respond....

Post by Hov08 » Apr 18th, '06, 07:07

Huh.....i was heard there was gonna be a movie follow up to the JDrama "Toyko Friends"....is this true...if so is there any info on to when it will be out?????

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 18th, '06, 13:58

Don't remember off the top of my head, but I think the movie debuts around 8/11 or something like that. Which means it'll be quite awhile yet...

There is a discussion thread for Tokyo Friends in the JDrama Discussion forum...
Please do a search for an existing topic before randomly posting a new thread.

Thanks

Hov08

Post by Hov08 » Apr 19th, '06, 05:57

MAHALOZ for the reponse.....huh...im sorry 4 not lookin...maybe next tyme...... :P :P :P

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 23rd, '06, 23:54

for some reason, i think the drama rather serves as some kind of derogatory view toward jap culture.... i mean japanese women aren't slutty right? i mean sometimes certain indivudual are weird, but not all. therefore i think it really stretches the real picture too far from reality.

nevertheless, it's a good drama that tells the hardship of japanese people. it actually tells us some thing that might be true about the real life of japanese people without the cliche aspect.

well i guess i love this drama more than Densha Otoko. But that doesn't mean I anticipated as much as I did with Densha. :wub:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Apr 25th, '06, 02:50

omg so many views yet only 12 replies? without wrong???

Flowers

Post by Flowers » May 8th, '06, 00:16

hey.. i REALLI HOPE that someones gonna reply this message.. but theres this song in tokyo friends and i dunno what its called... its wen survival company is in hokkaido? and they sing that song... could anyone PLEASE TELL ME? arigato!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » May 8th, '06, 00:49

^ Unfortunately, it's unnamed and uncredited....
There are actually 2 Sabakan songs that are currently unnamed and there is no official OST... :/

Flowers

Post by Flowers » May 8th, '06, 22:55

aw man.. i was realli looking forward to that song too >.< i realli hope that they come up with an OST for the continuation.. i mean their songs are soo memorable! THANKS MIZUNE =]

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Jun 6th, '06, 23:21

The release of the movie will be on the 12th of August: http://www.tokyofriends-themovie.jp/

Hov08

Post by Hov08 » Jun 7th, '06, 03:48

Thanx for the info :thumleft: :thumleft:
Do you have any info about an OST??????

hilarydufffanboy

Post by hilarydufffanboy » Jun 8th, '06, 14:51

yay. a thread for Tokyo Friends. Otsuka Ai is the best!

No news of an OST yet, but Otsuka Ai's new single will be Yumekui, and it will be released on 2nd of August! It will feature Yumekui as the title track, as well as three other coupling tracks. I think they will be Chotto Dake, Tears, and another song no knows the title of.

If an OST is released, then that SHOULD have Otsuka Ai's cover of To Me. "To Me" is originally BOO BEE BENZ song by the way.

Can't wait for the movie!! The pre-movie teaser DVD is being released on 19/7!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 30th, '06, 02:33

For everybody who has been assking about the OST for Tokyo Friends...

Tokyo Friends is releasing a collection CD for the movie which, according to the reviewer on the page, should include Otsuka's version of "to me" and "kimi to iu hana" as well as one of her previously untitled insert songs in the series, "chotto".... "Hurricane" seems like it'll be a new one for the movie...

Due out for release 8/23...
:)

Too bad it won't include Ricken's "Rumblefish"... I may have to buy their CD seprately... :roll

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 5th, '06, 13:37

Yaaaaaah ~
The movie's coming out in exactly a week!

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Nov 15th, '06, 04:58

has anyone seen the movie yet? I haven't. hopefully it'll be uploaded

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Nov 15th, '06, 08:22

I've been hoping for this movie to come out for a while!
There hasn't been any upload that I've found though.
When you find one, please post~!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 16th, '06, 05:25

The DVD is supposed to be released in Dec, but please remember that this will classify as something that falls under the No Movies Policy, so you won't find it uploaded to D-addicts...
I'd suggest keeping the eyeballs peeled at resources listed here:
Asian Movie Torrent Links

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Nov 30th, '06, 07:27

Ah~ I just watched the first episode from the batch, and wow~ Eita is so like, manly in this one. XDDD;

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Nov 30th, '06, 09:25

I know you can't post upload movies on D-Addicts so if someone found the movie could you please post a link here or say where you got the torrent. Thanks!

torpy

Post by torpy » Dec 23rd, '06, 12:43

Well, the movie is out (do an isohunt search for it) but subs are still lacking :(

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Dec 23rd, '06, 17:51

pwner4once wrote:for some reason, i think the drama rather serves as some kind of derogatory view toward jap culture.... i mean japanese women aren't slutty right? i mean sometimes certain indivudual are weird, but not all. therefore i think it really stretches the real picture too far from reality.

nevertheless, it's a good drama that tells the hardship of japanese people. it actually tells us some thing that might be true about the real life of japanese people without the cliche aspect.

well i guess i love this drama more than Densha Otoko. But that doesn't mean I anticipated as much as I did with Densha. :wub:
we all wish we walk into some small food place and see all those babes working there and they are all hungry for a man!! maybe its just a Tokyo thing?

my friend bugged me to watch this series and im glad i did. its really good imho. really cute girls, great great music and just plain old fun. it kinda reminded me of Nana for some reason, but better in that there wasnt only 2 songs. only negative is its wayyy to short. im glad the movies out . i got it already but didnt watch cuz i wanna wait on the subs. hate to ruin it by watching w/out em.

Terun

Post by Terun » Feb 11th, '07, 21:14

english subs for the movie are already out, for the 2 avi files version (700mb each)

BUT, the subs aren't veeery good. The subs are good enough for you to watch it and follow the story.
But it's not very accurate...
For example, there's a subtitle which says "Let me hear it again", and actually the person said "Say it in Japanese". I mean, you can follow the plot either way, it doesn't matter, but it's not exactly what you think it is...

And these subs has a lot of these innacurate lines, not to mention some missing lines...
Oh yeah, and there's also some English errors..
Hmm what else... oh yeah, there were lines that I'd delete... for example, there's a kiss scene in the movie, and they put the line "((this is a kiss scene))" in the middle of this scene.... I mean, this was really unnecessary...

Well, to summarize everything about these subs...
1) Innacurate lines
2) Missing/blank lines
3) Unneccessary lines
4) English errors (not that I'm good at English, but it was just some strange phrase constructions)

You can still follow the plot, but bear in mind about what I said if you're going to get these subs :P
[mod edit: links deleted - Do not post movie related subtitles. Please go to kloofys]

credits goes to the people at Channel-Ai (http://www.channel-ai.com)

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Feb 12th, '07, 01:36

Just wondering does anyone has the sub for the DVD version (direct rip from DVD) ? COz the DVD doesn't come with the sub.

torpy

Post by torpy » Feb 12th, '07, 09:49

Quite a good sub is up (and has been for a while) on kloofy.net (check the latest subs). I think both the 2cd DVD-Rip and the 1 file DVD-Rip have subs there...

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Feb 12th, '07, 09:55

Anyone know where I can dl this movie???

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Feb 13th, '07, 11:38

torpy wrote:Quite a good sub is up (and has been for a while) on kloofy.net (check the latest subs). I think both the 2cd DVD-Rip and the 1 file DVD-Rip have subs there...
May I know where can I find the link to the fan sub?

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Feb 16th, '07, 05:16

he put it up, kloofy.net but u have to sign up to enter i think.

http://www.kloofy.net/modules/news/

then use the search box on the right side and type in tokyo orrrrr, go here

http://www.fantasticsuperclub.org/forum ... opic=23036

they have the subs here too.

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Feb 16th, '07, 08:03

howzitboy wrote:he put it up, kloofy.net but u have to sign up to enter i think.

http://www.kloofy.net/modules/news/

then use the search box on the right side and type in tokyo orrrrr, go here

http://www.fantasticsuperclub.org/forum ... opic=23036

they have the subs here too.
Kloofy wise, I still can't find. As for the other one, I think I had registered too many fan sub already. Hence I think I just forget it. Thanks anyway.

aleco

Post by aleco » Feb 20th, '07, 01:22

Anyone know where I can dl this movie???
thx

hun

Post by hun » Feb 23rd, '07, 08:20

I DLed it properly, but I can't see ep.4, 5

What should I do? I play it by "GOM player" and "VLC player"

please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Linh[hyd=3]

Post by Linh[hyd=3] » Mar 1st, '07, 19:01

Hummm... is there a season 2 ? because i find the end a little odd o_O .. love the song ! ai otsuka <3

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 3rd, '07, 19:46

Guys, please remember not to post move related download links (including subtitles).
Thanks