RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Jan 13th, '06, 20:42

wait ..i saw in your sig you currently watch ISWAK .. :-)
you gonna fall for JOE
Many person now picth a tent in a ISWAK tread in many site
so funny

Everyone who want watch something really great ..ISWAK ..
from Itazura na Kiss manga

18/29 too is great serie ^^ for a romantique serie

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Jan 13th, '06, 20:48

Miaka FY wrote:wait ..i saw in your sig you currently watch ISWAK .. :-)
you gonna fall for JOE
Many person now picth a tent in a ISWAK tread in many site
so funny

Everyone who want watch something really great ..ISWAK ..
from Itazura na Kiss manga

18/29 too is great serie ^^ for a romantique serie
oh yeah joe is hot hehehe,I love It Started with a kiss :D

18/29 seems good but I don't know the pictures just weren't very encouraging for it >.>;

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Jan 13th, '06, 20:53

a good serie ...
where we can saw two person who hate before and fall slowly in love
Chinese Paladin i hear they have something like that
(currently download it)

Meteor Garden only the first season please
Snow White ...yes it's really good recommendation :-)

Veronica

Post by Veronica » Jan 13th, '06, 21:14

thanks for all your answers :)
I am downloading My name is Sam soon kim .. will try the rest soon :)

thanks! :thumright:

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Jan 13th, '06, 22:07

My Sassy Girl Type of Dramas
1. My Girl
2. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
3. Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young
4. My Love Patzzi

My Sassy Girl Type of Movies
1. My Little Bride
2. My Tutor Friend
3. Windstruck
4. My Sassy Girl

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Jan 13th, '06, 22:26

There is only one choice, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyung (aka Sassy Girl Chun-Hyung), best comedy kdrama ive seen in ages (also has parodies of dramas such as Full House and Sorry I Love you, see if you can spot them!!).

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jan 13th, '06, 23:50

... the korean romantic comedies i've seen so far are very similar. They all basically have a love triangle or rectangle, and the main characters don't get along in the beginning. So far, i've seen: Attic Cat, My name is Kim Sam Soon, Delightful Girl Choon Hyang, Wonderful Life, Super Rookie, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang and my love patizzi.

The ones with a relationship contract of some sort: Attic Cat, MNIKSS, delightful girl choon-hyang, My Girl

the ones where the main characters don't get along in the beginning: Attic Cat, MNIKSS< Delightful girl choon-hyang, Wonderful Life, My love Patizzi, My girl

Love rectangles/triangles: All of the them.

I recommend: MNIKSS, Delightful Girl, Super Rookie and the most recent one that's still airing: My girl

I find them all funny (some more so than the others... some died towards the end)

Hest foder

Post by Hest foder » Jan 14th, '06, 01:38

All dramas ive seen so far is kinda both fun and sad :)

JenBell

Post by JenBell » Jan 14th, '06, 04:57

Watch My Girl...enough said

Veronica

Post by Veronica » Jan 14th, '06, 12:10

LOL the movies I've seen them all! I am addicted to korean movies.. but "full house" was the first korean serie I've seen.. and I am afraid I will get addicted to them as well x)))

Thanks again! :wub:

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Jan 15th, '06, 12:24

Recommended dramas
I'm sorry i love you - So Ji Sub and ImSoo JUng has great chemistry!

RESURRECTION - keeps you at the edge of your seats

EMPEROR OF THE SEA - great story; it has history, romance, lots of action..yeah..and of course drama. Plus, the cast is great- Choi Soo Jong (IMHO one of Korea's greatest actor), Song Il Kuk, Chae Si Ra

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT- its like a Korean Kramer vs Kramer- heartbreaking.. Chae Si Ra just oozes with talent

GREEN ROSE - Lee Da Hae shows she's not just a pretty face, Go Soo is just spot on as a man burdened with a crime he didn't commit

MY LOVELY SAM SOON - what can I say: just abouT everybody loves the chubby Miss Sam Soon !!!

FASHION 70s - i just adore this drama - its plot, the people in it, the historical background and the FABULOUS soundtrack !! I think its highly underrated.. I enjoy sweet, lighthearted comedies too ( Full House, Sweet 18) but this one is really moving. Many people say the first 4 episodes are great and its downhill after that. Totally disagree with that...the rest are awesome as well coz of the great acting..and I think Cheon Jung Myung as Chang Peen is SEXY as hell - ha ha ha !!!!

Sassy Girl Chun Hyang - its funny and entertaining..'nuff said

My ' OH- DARN - I WASTED-MY MONEY-AGAIN '

SECRET LOVERS - only the belly dancing was worth watching!

WEDDING - Love Jang Na Ra and Ruy Shi Won but somehow i think there is just no chemistry between them plus Jang Na Ra looks like a schoolgirl married to a much older man. The scenery and house are soo beautiful

LAWYERS - the heroine looks depressed and tired throughout the series which just about kills the story..which is a waste because the acting of the other actors really shines - like Kim Sang Kyung (great!) and Chu Sang Mi (also fantastic acting). Chu Sang Mi plays the female colleague of Kim Sang Kyung,, i wish she's playing the heroine!![/u]

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Jan 15th, '06, 14:13

Delightful Girl Chun Hyang ! very funny ! i think its even better than FULL HOUSE

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Jan 15th, '06, 16:28

kona99 wrote:high rating doesn't nessarrily guarentee the quality of the drama. There could be many well-made drama with poor rating and vise versa.

From 2005, the dramas i thought worth watching were these.
-My Lovely SamSoon
-Fashion 70s
-Resurraction
-To Marry a Millionaire (still airing)
-Sweet Spy (just finished)
-My Girl (still airing)

And as rating-wise - average rating thruout the show
1. My Lovely SamSoon 37.7%
2. Rosy Life 34.2%
3. Letters to the Parents / Precious Family 30.1%
4. Emperor of the Sea 29.6%
5. Spring Days 28.5%
6. Be Strong Geum-soon 27.5%
7. Lovers In Prague 26.4%
8. My Precious Child 25.7%
9. Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man 24.8%
10.Fashion 70s 24.5%
I have seen 3 of the shows: Sam Soon, Fashion 70s, Emperor of the Sea..they're really good..
IMHO it really depends on what kind of dramas you like to watch.. recently I met a lady who ONLY watched SAD dramas; she didn't like FULL HOUSE and the likes of it; I've also met people who choose only VCDS and DVDs with attractive people on the cover! And these people do not budge from their choices..so.. again its a matter of personal preference
Personally I wasted my money buying these- 1 % of something, Super Rookie, First Love of Royal Prince ( Its the WORST k drama ever :x )- but there are many people who enjoy these shows......
now I'm thinking a LOT if I wanna buy one!

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Jan 15th, '06, 16:58

bugsie wrote:
What does OST mean?
Official Soundtrack
not quite, it actually stands for Original Soundtrack

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Jan 15th, '06, 17:10

azndgn26 wrote:
bugsie wrote:
What does OST mean?
Official Soundtrack
not quite, it actually stands for Original Soundtrack
ah yeah, my mistake. thanks for correcting my mistake. :thumright:

Kadaj

Post by Kadaj » Jan 15th, '06, 17:31

My top5
1)Emperor of the Sea :notworthy: :wub: :notworthy: :cry:
2)MISA :cry: :cry: :cry:
3)Dae Jang Geum :wub:
4)Full House :wub:
5)Love to kill

JoSungMo

Post by JoSungMo » Jan 15th, '06, 17:50

Agree with Junebaby about Prince's first love being one of the worst kdrama in history.
I didn't see it to the end because it was so dull.

Back to topic.
I heard (Historical drama) Yi soon shin got good viewer ratings and great recommendations. I'd see it but the drama is over 100 episodes. Dang how do I found the time to see all the good dramas.

buddhajai

full house

Post by buddhajai » Jan 16th, '06, 01:30

this movie is so funny and its good

youngpilchoe

Post by youngpilchoe » Jan 16th, '06, 14:44

Wonderful LIfe

LadyAniji

Post by LadyAniji » Jan 19th, '06, 12:22

SWEET SPY!!!!! It's fantastic! :wub:

kiSs_02

Post by kiSs_02 » Jan 20th, '06, 20:14

i would recommend (current drama now)...

marrying a millionaire and it started with a kiss xD
mainly cuz im watching it now...
it started with a kiss is SO GOOD so AWESOME and the characters have PERFECT chemistry... even though the male can be a bit dense in the romance section.. it's a HILARIOUS drama xD

marrying a millionaire is also very good.. it makes me laugh but it's even better if u understand korean 8)

TengHong89

Any new korean drama pls recommend

Post by TengHong89 » Jan 22nd, '06, 08:04

Pls recommend new dramas that are broadcasted in korea currently.

tsp_uk

Post by tsp_uk » Jan 22nd, '06, 12:38

My Girl is really good, you should definetly watch that.

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Jan 22nd, '06, 14:41

You can check the Recommended drama thread and also:
Drama just recently shown in Korea- 2006
Sweet Spy - good reviews, only recently ended, already sold in the net
My Girl - 3 episodes left in Korea, so far all good reviews

Dramas from 2005
My Name is Kim Sam Soon- WON MANY AWARDS, very popular !
Sassy Girl Chun Hyang - top ten in Korea!
My Rosy Life- No 1 in Korea just recently
Super Rookie- mixed reviews
Emperor of the Sea - mixed reviews, but in my opinion many guys love it
Fashion 70s - mixed reviews, but MY PERSONAL FAV :mrgreen:
Green Rose - good reviews
RESURRECTION - good reviews :mrgreen:

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Jan 23rd, '06, 02:23

My Girl - 3 episodes left in Korea, so far all good reviews
Says who? I haven't found any sources that says it'll end in 3 episodes. Ending in 3 episodes means it'll end at 15, which is an irregular number to end at.

love_hearts

Post by love_hearts » Jan 23rd, '06, 03:20

try goong (palace)/ princess hours ^___^

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 23rd, '06, 04:11

Merging with RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS thread...

bshater

Post by bshater » Jan 24th, '06, 05:02

my top 4:
Full House
Resurrection (this drama will blow you off your seat)
MISA
Autumn's story

venutoispoke

Post by venutoispoke » Jan 28th, '06, 07:48

SWEEEEEEEEEEEETT SPPYYYYYYYYYY

DARN IT'S HILLARIOUS..LI-CEN-SEE

Worth of watching!

wai_muna

fav dramas

Post by wai_muna » Jan 30th, '06, 03:51

1)all about eve
2)wonderfull life
3)attic cat
4)my sister in law is 19
5)my girl
6)the bean chaff of my life
7)miss kim the million dollar quest

i love all these dramas

hksaznlibra

Post by hksaznlibra » Jan 30th, '06, 06:25

I don't know how so many people likes My name is Kim Sam Soon. I couldn't stand it, in fact I deleted all my downloads it was so bad.

Body guard was much better not saying much for body guard though =O/

I would recommend

wonderful life
Misa
Full House

h2lam

Post by h2lam » Jan 30th, '06, 14:29

hksaznlibra wrote:I don't know how so many people likes My name is Kim Sam Soon. I couldn't stand it, in fact I deleted all my downloads it was so bad.

Body guard was much better not saying much for body guard though =O/

I would recommend

wonderful life
Misa
Full House

I agree with you, I downloaded all eps of My Lovely Kim Sam Soon, it was not good at all and quite boring at times. I stopped watching at ep4. It's so slow and lame. I need to watch something that is exciting or has a good story line that draws me in each episode, basically there has to be something going on every time. I also find Winter Sonata so long and boring, they drag on the story way too much, it's just way too slow, I dont know why people like it so much either.

I recommend; All About Eve, Full House, Oh PHil Bong Soon, Lover in Harvar, Lover in Paris, All In,

Ethereal18

Post by Ethereal18 » Feb 1st, '06, 02:57

Hilarious Much Watch Dramas: "Full House" & "My Girl" :wub:

Overall OK Dramas With Some Great Parts: "Sweet 18", "Wonderful Life", & "Delightful Girl, Choon-Hyang", "My Lovely Sam-Soon"

[/list]

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 1st, '06, 14:13

I would say :

Beautiful Days
Green Rose
Super Rookie
Sweet Spy
Sunlight Upon Me
Phoenix
My Girl
Sad Sonata

Those are my top :D.

Movies would be :

My Little Bride
Love Is So Dive :D

sassy_sweet17

Post by sassy_sweet17 » Feb 2nd, '06, 17:04

Hello!!!! does anyone here know where i can download ost for korean movies like... the classic and my little bride?
thanks!!

supeng

Post by supeng » Feb 4th, '06, 02:37

i had to say dat the best k-drama i've ever seen was FULL HOUSE!!!omg..u will just love it when u watch the first ep...and u will get hooked on it till the very last ep...and i must agree that u will not get tired to watch this series again and again...i bought the vcd and currently watching the third time...it is an all rounded drama...funny,romantic,emotional and adiicting!!!most of the parts r funny..how to say??it just lightens up ur day after watching every ep of full house...it is a must watch k-drama...

adora

favorite korean romantic comedies

Post by adora » Feb 4th, '06, 03:02

My Girl
definitely worth watching. The main girl character is really good in it. I was surprised because she always came out as the delicate, soft pretty girl. And she's still a relatively new actress. Plus, she grew up in Australia.. i'm impressed at her korean. Supposedly she's pretty decent in Japanese too.

Romance
Not the funniest, but it is mostly light. Not a recent drama though.. I think it's a bit old now...And the main guy in it was a new actor when this came out. He was pretty good back then.. He seems to have declined from there in my opinion. Anyway, the story is really romantic.. even though the age difference takes a little getting used to.

Full House
People wrote about this a lot already... It's cute and funny. Song Hae Gyo is the real star of this drama. Bii kind of got on my nerves..
his going back and forth between two women was frustrating to watch. (It was obvious from the start that other girl was in love with both Bii and the other guy.. she's the typical possesive, spoiled girl who wants all the guys to look at her only) But I guess some people get a kick out of flaky wishy washy Bii. Or I guess cuz girl viewers thinks he's so cute, it's forgivable for him to have two serious girlfriends at the same time until towards the end when the pressures just started to mount on him...boom! happily every after with the main girl. I bet players thought it was a sad ending bc he ended up with only one chick when he had two dangling from his pinky for most of the drama... besides that (or maybe bc of that), it's still fun to watch.
Byul nan namja Byul nan yuhja (Peculiar Man Peculiar Woman)(Bizarre Bunch)
I'm not sure how this korean title exactly translates (I made up my own). I'm currently watching this... and it comes out on cable (with subtitles) in some regions as Bizarre Bunch. It's okay.

Sarang Eun Moht Mahl yuh (Can't stop love) aka ( IQ 98 )
I'm not sure how to translate this korean title as well. I looked up the official website and it seems to have sort of a sub name of 'IQ 98'. Really cute drama.. I'm currently watching. The girl is adorable. The story is pretty sweet and funny.

Movie: Gamoon eh young gwang (Marrying the Mafia)
There is a Marrying the Mafia I and II . Each are different in story line. But both are really fun to watch. The first one is really cute and romantic but the second one is considered to be funnier.

Movie: Welcome to Dongmakgol
A bunch of soldiers from the north and south meet up at this secret small secluded village during the Korean war. REALLY funny movie. I very much recommend to all.. Excellent acting here by everyone. Great script.

Movie: Geu nyuh rul meet ji mah seh yo (Don't believe her) a.k.a. Too Beautiful to Lie
If you like Kim Haneul this movie is for you. I personally don't know what so great about her... she's not pretty at all like people say she is.. she's a so-so actress despite all the accolade that she's great... but this movie script is pretty funny and entertaining.

Drama (serious and rather long): Dae Jang Geum
Dae Jang Geum is a great drama. Based on a real historical figure. There are many records of the real Dae Jang Geum. The main actress (Lee Young Hae) who plays Dae Jan Guem isn't that great of an actress who is now starting to look a little worn and older. Everyone else did much better acting in the drama though. The script and the rest of the cast really made this one a great drama to watch. Lee Young Hae is a big star though who gets a lot of good parts to decent scripts. She's considered to be beautiful to my bafflement. I guess she's kind of old now so the beauty part has kind of died down than what it used to be.

Does anyone have any other funny dramas or movies to recommend?
Last edited by adora on Feb 8th, '06, 00:57, edited 4 times in total.

praine

Post by praine » Feb 5th, '06, 10:37

actually it all depends. everyone has different likings.

For those heavy depressing dramas: Stairway to Heaven (got me depressed for days), Glass shoes.

For light-hearted, comedy kind dramas: My Name Is Kim Sam Soon (LOVE THIS TO BITS! i think i like this better than full house. I totally love HYUN BIN! x) ) , Full House (it's still good, pretty hilarous)

MUST WATCH: one and only Dae Jang Geum (i'm not a fan of ancient dramas but this one got me hooked. i really like the ending plus all the great actings. =D )

Currently watching: A Love to Kill, MISA, Lovers in Paris

as you see, i'm still a new k drama fan. x)

Eagletony

My favorite is...

Post by Eagletony » Feb 10th, '06, 09:01

Rusurrection/Buhwal....it's kinda underrated I think..

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Feb 11th, '06, 10:12

suggeted korean movies and dramas....>

my sister in law is 19...my girl....the attic cat...my tutor friend....100 days with mr arrogant..my boyfriend i stype b...a lot of...haaa...i love most of korean movies and dramas..:P

u guys can add me to myspace and friendster using my email

j_muna_1999@yahoo.com..

Big Smile.. have a nice day always...peace

kookieazn

Post by kookieazn » Feb 12th, '06, 06:05

i dont see what the big deal is about full house?? i mean all they do is fight and yell. its just like attic cat. i personally think its overrated.

But i love my girl! funniest drama i have seen so far!!

Lilish52

Post by Lilish52 » Feb 12th, '06, 06:12

My Girl and Kim Sam Soon (both are hilarious)

jes!

Post by jes! » Feb 13th, '06, 10:54

i haven't watched any k dramas lately but some of my recommended dramas are..

Stairway to Heaven- kinda depressing but i LOOOVEE it!
All-In!
Beautiful Days
My Name is Kim Sam Soon- entertaining! hehe
Fashion 70s
Autumn in my Heart
Miss Mermaid- kinda long =)
Three Leaf Clover

Jinusean

Post by Jinusean » Feb 15th, '06, 00:35

Kim Sam Soon is regarded by most of the Korean community as one of the best drama's that have come out in the recent years, a classic. I have relatives in Korea, family in the United States, and every single one of them gave raving reviews about it and forced me to watch it. I was not dissapointed and fell instantly in love with it. Never have I seen such unanimous love and support from a drama from my Korean friends/family/acquaintances.

For those that say it was a terrible drama:
I'm not sure how you guys missed it but it could have happened because of what's lost in the translations (if you are non-korean speaking). Some of the dialogues that are beautifully written in deep thoughtful prose are not exactly translated accurately and it's also harder to admire Sam Soon's amazing acting ability if you don't understand the language (She is a GREAT actress). Furthermore maybe it's cultural jokes that cannot be understood such as how Sam Soon plays such an untypical korean girl.

My opinion is that it delivers from the beginning to the end. Best drama on the list.

Baby-Bash

Post by Baby-Bash » Feb 16th, '06, 08:56

the best k-dramas iv'e ever watched are:
1-Full House
2-Autumn in my heart(i cried alot while watchin it,)

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Feb 16th, '06, 09:05

and what about Goong? I love Full House too, but even though Goong is still airing, I think this drama is quite alright.

JUNEBUG

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by JUNEBUG » Feb 18th, '06, 22:47

jaycee05 wrote: Taste Sweet Love (Snow White) - Finally, I was able to finish this drama (technically, coz I've skipped a huge chunk of ep16). That's no surprise, it's a kdrama after all, meaning, the last 4 episodes will painfully drag. The approach in humor is unique, and it makes fun of plastic surgery in Korea. And I liked the first few episodes to the point that I was addicted. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed at ep10 onwards. There is no chemistry between the main characters whatsoever. The excitement was lost, and instead I felt annoyed with KJH and LW. I don't know what the writer is thinking on how he keeps making up some uncalled conflicts. Argh :glare: .
The fun part was Jin woo and his business with horse-face Hee-won. When they took Hee-won out of the picture, the whole drama went skidding downward--really fast.
:w00t: WHAT? Some of the most boring stuff in the show was between Jin-woo and Hee-won (even though I absolutely love Jin-woo as a character :P ) sure the story does start to slow down and gets dragged out in the middle, but the character are so lovable that you just cant stop watching :lol , and no chemistry your joking right? Sun-woo is so in love with Young-Hee that you wish you were Young-Hee! this is one of my favorite shows of all time and I would recommend it to anybody interested in a cute "chick flick" love story :wub:

beastlair

Post by beastlair » Feb 19th, '06, 00:43

i like sweet 18, and damo

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Feb 19th, '06, 01:02

JUNEBUG wrote:
jaycee05 wrote: Taste Sweet Love (Snow White) - Finally, I was able to finish this drama (technically, coz I've skipped a huge chunk of ep16). That's no surprise, it's a kdrama after all, meaning, the last 4 episodes will painfully drag. The approach in humor is unique, and it makes fun of plastic surgery in Korea. And I liked the first few episodes to the point that I was addicted. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed at ep10 onwards. There is no chemistry between the main characters whatsoever. The excitement was lost, and instead I felt annoyed with KJH and LW. I don't know what the writer is thinking on how he keeps making up some uncalled conflicts. Argh :glare: .
The fun part was Jin woo and his business with horse-face Hee-won. When they took Hee-won out of the picture, the whole drama went skidding downward--really fast.
:w00t: WHAT? Some of the most boring stuff in the show was between Jin-woo and Hee-won (even though I absolutely love Jin-woo as a character :P ) sure the story does start to slow down and gets dragged out in the middle, but the character are so lovable that you just cant stop watching :lol , and no chemistry your joking right? Sun-woo is so in love with Young-Hee that you wish you were Young-Hee! this is one of my favorite shows of all time and I would recommend it to anybody interested in a cute "chick flick" love story :wub:
I gotta agree with jaycee on this one....it was painful trying to finish the last 5 episodes or so. Younghee and Sunwoo just don't pass as a couple for me. I was all rooting for Younhee and Jinwoo and all of a sudden Sunwoo comes in the picture. What the hell? I ended up liking the "horseface" Hee-won better than I liked Sunwoo...I don't know he just annoyed me.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Feb 19th, '06, 01:30

Jinusean wrote:Kim Sam Soon is regarded by most of the Korean community as one of the best drama's that have come out in the recent years, a classic. I have relatives in Korea, family in the United States, and every single one of them gave raving reviews about it and forced me to watch it. I was not dissapointed and fell instantly in love with it. Never have I seen such unanimous love and support from a drama from my Korean friends/family/acquaintances.

For those that say it was a terrible drama:
I'm not sure how you guys missed it but it could have happened because of what's lost in the translations (if you are non-korean speaking). Some of the dialogues that are beautifully written in deep thoughtful prose are not exactly translated accurately and it's also harder to admire Sam Soon's amazing acting ability if you don't understand the language (She is a GREAT actress). Furthermore maybe it's cultural jokes that cannot be understood such as how Sam Soon plays such an untypical korean girl.

My opinion is that it delivers from the beginning to the end. Best drama on the list.
Share the same feelings, Sam Soon is hard to beat, not even MyGirl can. I have a theory why some people (very small minority) don't like SamSoon. As one already described, she is not your average Korean drama heroine - slim, pretty, innocent (virgin-like or actually) gentle, helpless. Sam Soon is just the opposite - loud, sometimes vulgar and rude. Despite that, I find her utterly funny and she is the GREATEST actress I've met. Without her, I doubt SamSoon would be this popular. She literally carried the show (thanks also to supporting cast).

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Feb 19th, '06, 01:38

Watching Goong right now..its pretty good

JUNEBUG

Post by JUNEBUG » Feb 19th, '06, 03:39

tikleabubble wrote: I gotta agree with jaycee on this one....it was painful trying to finish the last 5 episodes or so. Younghee and Sunwoo just don't pass as a couple for me. I was all rooting for Younhee and Jinwoo and all of a sudden Sunwoo comes in the picture. What the hell? I ended up liking the "horseface" Hee-won better than I liked Sunwoo...I don't know he just annoyed me.
OK! OK! :D I will say that Young-hee didnt love Sun-woo as much as I would have liked but finding Sun-woo annoying that hurts :O . In my case I wanted Sun-woo and Young-hee together but then half way though I wanted Jin-woo to win out thats why the show is so good it keeps you interested by leting you decide which characters going to be your favorite I still think its one of the best shows but I do see where some people would get bord of it. :P

Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Feb 19th, '06, 19:25

My Girl :cheers: Very funny! Highly recommended.

ShortaznGirl

um

Post by ShortaznGirl » Feb 21st, '06, 00:14

i really LOVED the kdrama full house and i thought song hye kyo were so extremely funny and cute together. :wub: does anyone know a good romantic comedy that illl enjoy as much as this??

ovo

Post by ovo » Feb 21st, '06, 00:42

I would say my favorite of all time is My Name Is Kim Sam Soon :wub: Although I really enjoyed My Girl but no drama could beat Sam Soon. I think those viewers who have negative feelings about this drama because Sam Soon is not the typical, ideal Korean girl as they were expected...and this probably applies more to male viewers. My brothers didn't even bother to finish the series because "she's so ugly". How disappointing :-(

About Goong...no offense to those who are addicted to this series but I find it dragging and slow. I do love the characters and from reading all the praises from those who have read the manga, I kinda expect it to be more funny and special. But I found myself forward alot to get to Shin and Princess's part. I hope it'll speed up soon...

Into_the_Blue

Post by Into_the_Blue » Feb 21st, '06, 02:56

My fav. of all time is FAll Story, the one with Song Hye Kyo.. it's so freaking good.. haha, and my second fav. is Truth / Honest.... it's a good series, y'all should watch it sometimes

samme

Post by samme » Feb 21st, '06, 07:58

i would definitely recommend sassy/delighful girl chunhyang and winter sonata(endless love)... mah fave... :thumleft:

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Feb 21st, '06, 12:29

ovo wrote:I would say my favorite of all time is My Name Is Kim Sam Soon :wub: Although I really enjoyed My Girl but no drama could beat Sam Soon. I think those viewers who have negative feelings about this drama because Sam Soon is not the typical, ideal Korean girl as they were expected...and this probably applies more to male viewers. My brothers didn't even bother to finish the series because "she's so ugly". How disappointing :-(

About Goong...no offense to those who are addicted to this series but I find it dragging and slow. I do love the characters and from reading all the praises from those who have read the manga, I kinda expect it to be more funny and special. But I found myself forward alot to get to Shin and Princess's part. I hope it'll speed up soon...
hey, i agree with you that Goong is draggy and slow. I normally like to watch manga translated drama. i even fell asleep at certain parts of the show. The drama focused too much on love issues and I would prefer if they focused on how Yul plotted to be King of Korea instead.

adora

Post by adora » Feb 21st, '06, 23:50

i think i would have liked Delightful Girl Chunhyang if the main girl was someone different.. even remotely attractive or cute. She's really ugly.. and scary looking.. especially when she tries hard to act cute... it really doesn't match her at all. Her clothes looked horrible on her too (think super super funky, little eight year old girlie clothing and hair style on an adult- tall, lanky, old, ugly faced woman). It hurt my eyes to watch the screen everytime she came on.. it's too bad bc everyone else was good and the script wasn't that bad either.

I agree My name is Kim San Soon would not be understood by Non-Koreans. It is filled with lots of nuances and korean culture.. things only noticed by koreans who know korea well enough... It is an excellent k-drama.

Someone mentioned Miss Mermaid. It is a serious drama.. but i think it's definitely worth watching.. It is really slow and long.. and it starts to pick up in the middle. But it is definitely worth the wait.

Someone also mentioned My sister in law is 19. Its a cute one.. although, I have something against girls overacting to be cute. To the point its blatantly fake and choking in superficial sweetness. The main girl character is like that.. Actually that actress is like that in all her dramas. She can only do that one character. She's a horrible actress more concerned about her vanity than the role. She also has a terrible lisp that she makes more apparent when she wants to be cute.. which is all the time.. even if the scene is dark, serious or passionate she plays it with the same fake cuteness.

Ethereal18

Re: um

Post by Ethereal18 » Feb 23rd, '06, 02:32

ShortaznGirl wrote:i really LOVED the kdrama full house and i thought song hye kyo were so extremely funny and cute together. :wub: does anyone know a good romantic comedy that illl enjoy as much as this??
I think you will enjoy My Girl...... :wub:

^_MISA_^

Post by ^_MISA_^ » Feb 23rd, '06, 03:37

I'm sorry I lo ve you The (K-Series) In My Heartttttttttttt ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

http://www.popcornfor2.com/forums/index ... ic=26&st=0

MISA CLUB IN THAILAND

^_MISA_^

Post by ^_MISA_^ » Feb 23rd, '06, 03:38

Taisora

Post by Taisora » Feb 23rd, '06, 07:19

I loveddddd Country Princess. (From the pages I've read I didn't see anyone mention it.. Why?) Actually, that series really attached me to this website. I don't even recall how I got here.. I think it was maybe through watching.. Hana Yori Dango, or something..
In any case, I thought the series was excellent.. I wish they added a little more at the end, but I guess it's better when I don't get everything I want. xD
Can anyone tell me other series Bae Doo Na is in? I love her! :cheers:

ShortaznGirl

Post by ShortaznGirl » Feb 24th, '06, 04:32

srkfan wrote:Definitely 'Miss Kim Mkaing 1 Billion Won Project'!
:w00t: I WATCHED THE VIETNAMESE VOICE OVERS OF THAT!!!! lol :whistling:

DDRMELEE

Post by DDRMELEE » Feb 24th, '06, 12:45

Sassy Girl Chun Hyang- best drama ever!!
My Girl
[img]http://tinypic.com/e9isty.jpg[/img] [img]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4910/s ... 02b9nm.jpg[/img]

Mousie

Post by Mousie » Feb 28th, '06, 23:02

Im interested in "The Nine-Tailed Fox". (Kumiho Hwaejun)
I saw this a while ago o_O. The guy from Seodong Yo is in it ^___^. anyone know if its available for download?

AdDiK.Ky

Post by AdDiK.Ky » Mar 1st, '06, 00:26

I loved My Girl, i thought it was the best kr drama ever

h3rl1n4

Post by h3rl1n4 » Mar 1st, '06, 22:08

Sad Drama Yet still Watchable and RECOMMENDED:
1. Stairway to Heaven
2. Autumn in My Heart (1st Korean Drama I watched.. .n I am so addicted to Korean TV SERIES)
3. Four Sisters
4. Love Letter

Romantic Comedy...
1. Wonderful Life (should be WATCHED.... the baby, Shin-Bi is so adorable...)
2. My name is Kim SamSoon... (Hyeon Bin is so cute there... hihihi)
3. Full House

Romantic
1. Save the last dance with me... (very touched...)
2. Love Story in Harvard....

lunz888

Post by lunz888 » Mar 2nd, '06, 07:25

1% of Anything

It has a good meaning behind it... tho the drama ending is dragged a bit, but overall, I have to say it's a great drama =)

tbtang81

Post by tbtang81 » Mar 6th, '06, 05:54

My Girl and Delightful Girl Chun Hyang are really good series.

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Mar 18th, '06, 04:57

i bought this series because I love Dae Jang Geum so much. Viewer rating for DJG was 50 % but this drama, 63 %.. I thought nothing could top DJG but 63%..well gotta check it out ...
Many nights later..
Yeah, now I can see why most people in Korea thinks this is one of the BEST DRAMA ever !
Despite the severe lack of eye candy ( if only the lead actor looks like.. you know..Bae Yong Jun or Ju Jin Mo or Kim Min Joon or Song Il kuk. ..bla bla, bla. you get it), the drab clothes in the beginning, the nondescrpt music which lacks punch..
it is AWESOME ! Just brilliantly acted and a plot that keeps me on the edge and the kind of details which rival any top National Georapic documentary.. WOW
I'm talking about THE LEGENDARY DOCTOR HUR JOON..It's up there with DJG and HaeSin..!

shopalcholic girl

CJW

Post by shopalcholic girl » Mar 19th, '06, 19:50

become a fan of her..i like how she is a natural tear jerker.. i've seen her in winter sonata, STh and now Beautiful days..

anyone recommend any other good (recentish) tv dramas with her in

thanks

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Mar 19th, '06, 20:38

Autumn in my heart is the first K-drama I ever watched and I must say I'm quite impressed with the korean soaps. Very much outdo's north american soaps. and i like how it's only 20 episodes long so it doesn't drag out for a freakin eternity.

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 19th, '06, 20:59

Oh Pil Seung and Summer Scent are both good to me ^^! so don't agreed there ...
anyway, recently best ever are MY GIRL AND GOONG ^^!
very different theme and feeling to these two drama than all those kdrama i've seen so far.
Abit tired of those sad sad love to death ones ... similar plots ... knew each other when they were kids and met laterwhen they are adults... abit sick of those ... unless it's super cool and good looking people in it and the plot twists aren't so corny as normal ones..hehe'
Full House was quite good too.
MODEL was the second kdrama i've seen and i went crazy for those ppl. ^^ahh... it was cool.

emykina

Post by emykina » Mar 22nd, '06, 18:09

emm.. it started with a kiss ..what kinda of drama is it?? same as devil beside u or meteor garden or what?? whos the actor?? hehe then i will catch it soon :lol
alcozar wrote:There is only one choice, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyung (aka Sassy Girl Chun-Hyung), best comedy kdrama ive seen in ages (also has parodies of dramas such as Full House and Sorry I Love you, see if you can spot them!!).
sorry, i love u?? i agree its a great drama :roll but its :cry: :cry: :cry: i cried from ep1 till the end. i cried even when i just read the summary from the internet.. :cry: :cry: :cry: coz i cant wait to know the ending..