7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Jan 6th, '06, 13:15

Frankly spoken it gives me the creeps when the drama Doumyouji silliliy laughs or grins in some scenes (for example in the zoo when he doesn't get the name of that animal right). It makes him look too stupid, I'm feeling embarrassed in his place!!
Actually, the whole smiley thingie was one of the aspects I really liked about Jun's portrayal. His Dounmyoji REALLY deviates from the text (seriously folks, would the *real* Dounmoyji wear pink fur? hellz no! :D ), but I liked how his sad-clown / monster characterization matched Makino's relationship with the school, high class world.

Oddly enough, my first impression of Dounmyoji was that, he was somehow a Japanese appropriate of the ultra hot-blooded K-drama male lead. In fact, I initially approahced HYD manga as a sort of "poor girl / rich boy" K-drama on paper.
I also disagree as for the love triangle. I think it was a much bigger deal in the manga than in the drama, and I also maintain that even towards the end of the series a lot of readers still had hopes for
Nah, I have to disagree there, because in the drama, the triangle eats up about 6-7 episodes of the show.
Part of me wanted Rui to have a relationship with Makino, maybe during the amnesia arc. It was just the way Kamio wrote their first date as a zilcho chemistry thing told me, the triangle would never really go farther. Any flirtation with it afterwards seemed just that.
Btw, I think you should say it the other way around: GTO is a shounen version of Hanadan (although I don't think so at all! I'd rather compare GTO to Gokusen) since Hanadan is at least 5 years older.
Yeah, I kinda wince at the Gokusen=GTO Lite cliche, because what made the original Gokusen (shoujo?) hilarious was its yakuza humor. The TV adaptation was when it really became a GTO-esque show.

When I started watching the Hanadan anime, I actually thought a lot of GTO. The whole "poor girl in rich school" storyline isn't new; but Kamio really ran with the concept.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Jan 6th, '06, 16:26

slippyepic wrote: seriously folks, would the *real* Dounmoyji wear pink fur?
Well I don't know but he had some funny outfits before: http://niko-niko.net/hana/hana.html
Pink fur is by far worse than a red cowboy hat and that funny t-shirt, but still...
Nah, I have to disagree there, because in the drama, the triangle eats up about 6-7 episodes of the show.
I hate to repeat myself so please just reread the paragraph about the whole thing about demanding to lick shoes and stuff from my last post. :wink:
It was just the way Kamio wrote their first date as a zilcho chemistry thing told me, the triangle would never really go farther. Any flirtation with it afterwards seemed just that.

In the anime where Tsukushi even spoke out later on in the Shigeru arc that she's finding herself falling for Rui again. In the manga she said she'd rather be with Rui than with Doumyouji, especially after her and Rui's relationship got better. It's true that being around Rui was at first rather boring and dull but he changed as the story progressed and he learned to open up himself a bit more. So being with him wasn't the same as it was during their first "date". There was always some kind of spark between Rui and Tsukushi, even though it might not have been as remarkable and great as it was between her and Doumyouji.
Err and no, Gokusen is of course a shounen. I was just saying that if another show resembles GTO then it's Gokusen. (I wasn't the only one who said that.) The Live Action was really different though, I agree.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Jan 6th, '06, 17:02

Err and no, Gokusen is of course a shounen. I was just saying that if another show resembles GTO then it's Gokusen. (I wasn't the only one who said that.) The Live Action was really different though, I agree.
No seriously, I think Gokusen was actually a shoujo. I read it was published in a shoujo mag (Margaret?) It surprised me too!
I hate to repeat myself so please just reread the paragraph about the whole thing about demanding to lick shoes and stuff from my last post
Right, I caught that, but from my point of view the J-drama story put Rui and Donmyoji in a competitive situation with Makino from the get-go. By the end of episode 1, the show was already using Rui as "white knight" in order to develop Donmyoji's confused emotions/feelings toward Makino. I see your point of view, but I mantain that the J-drama was largely written around the triangle (especially early on where sequences were written strictly so that Doumyoji could react to whatever Rui did for her), causing M+D to be somewhat decentralized (thus the lack of active screen time), whereas the manga was pervasively M+D.

My spin on Rui/Makino . . .
I don't think it was so much a spark between the pair, as that they simply found a comfortable friendship worked well for them. She had mostly let go of her illusions about Rui, which were artificially built up from her struggle and ambivalence over Domyoji. But, just as with any close opposite gender friend in regular life, that comfortable, easy friendship is an easy way to compare and speculate whatever issues she had with Domyoji. I started to think of him as Will to her Grace, I suppose -- there, but sexless and therefore a harmless fantasy as well as confidante. In a romantic relationship, Rui would be amused by Makino, and Makino would just be lulled into admiring Rui's princely beauty without really being able to interface with it. Kamio seemed fairly consistent with that since Makino first heard his violin. When she was in love with him, he wasn't real; when he became her friend, he was a mirror to reflect whatever insecurities she had with Domyoji. At least, the way I read it, Rui as potential BF never got more "real" than his function as his best friend's Other.

sonikmonkee

Post by sonikmonkee » Jan 7th, '06, 01:40

sonikmonkee

Post by sonikmonkee » Jan 7th, '06, 01:40

chunny

Post by chunny » Jan 7th, '06, 14:00

its the best EVER!!!WATCH IT!

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 7th, '06, 21:40

u can also dl the whole thing you know, the torrent is here at d-addicts :thumleft:

xsnowangelx

Post by xsnowangelx » Jan 7th, '06, 22:43

yt_toshi wrote:
xsnowangelx wrote:hi gurlies! i was wondering if any1 no where i can get the themesong in the series by a girl... its plays everytime something sweet is happening .. like when Rui saved Makino in da lab.. cuz i tried dl-in thru torrent here.. theres partically no seeders =*[ thanks!
Torrent was killed here, but you can find it on Jpopsuki and her name is Ai Otsuka.
yt_toshi and whisperss_57~ thanks for informing me abut da site..i checked it out :mrgreen: .. i couldnt dl da song actually.. i cant even find da link or someding :pale:

noura

is the house a real house??

Post by noura » Jan 8th, '06, 19:30

I just had finished watching the drama and it was amazing!!
I liked Doumyji's character but they didn't do it much like the Manga..(I meant the drama itself) they changed some things here and there .. I liked that ,so the people who had read the manga and watched the Anime would not get borred ..
I just want to ask about Doumyoji's Villa .. Is it a real Villa in Japan or is it just decoration?? I can't read japaness so I can't look in the web sites..
Thanks.

love01

Post by love01 » Jan 8th, '06, 21:06

juz wanna ask...which one do u guys think is better...hana yori dango or meteor garden??? :-)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 8th, '06, 21:45

love01 wrote:juz wanna ask...which one do u guys think is better...hana yori dango or meteor garden??? :-)
See the vs thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23903

drewnamis

Re: is the house a real house??

Post by drewnamis » Jan 9th, '06, 04:51

noura wrote: I just want to ask about Doumyoji's Villa .. Is it a real Villa in Japan or is it just decoration?? I can't read japaness so I can't look in the web sites..
Thanks.
http://www.british-hills.co.jp/bhintro/index.html

sheilapiglet

Post by sheilapiglet » Jan 9th, '06, 23:52

does anyone know where I can d/l the planetarium song in mp3 format?..also, does anyone have clips of the behind the scenes/NGs?...are these even out yet?...really hope that they make a second season as well.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jan 9th, '06, 23:53

yep the planetarium song is under the torrents section on d-addicts!

i think there are a few iviews, which will also be under torrents.. do a search and you will find them!!!

:salut:

sheilapiglet

Post by sheilapiglet » Jan 10th, '06, 05:20

thanks..but i don't use torrent or clubbox...so am looking for an actual link that I can d/l from=)

dan12

hana yori dango overated

Post by dan12 » Jan 15th, '06, 14:37

seriously this tv show is a blow compare to nobuta or 1 litre of tears the cast are down right boring and horrible maybe but a handfew what do you guys think.

archerz

Post by archerz » Jan 15th, '06, 14:49

the show is fun but the ending suck big time. overall it's just another school drama.

kinki

Post by kinki » Jan 15th, '06, 14:51

i watched it coz its based on one of my favorite manga and anime. i enjoyed this show, but its not that "WOW" it was very normal...yeah i think that ppl are overrating this show here in d-addicts.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jan 15th, '06, 17:02

It's very stylish and well-packaged, but yes, there's not much to the plot. At any rate, I enjoyed it. It's OK to have a drama that's just "fun."

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Jan 15th, '06, 17:18

hana yori dango overated
here's an opinion for you.
maybe you should start a judgemental thread like this AFTER learning how to spell.

archerz

Post by archerz » Jan 15th, '06, 17:22

enkhee wrote:
hana yori dango overated
maybe you should start a judgemental thread like this AFTER learning how to spell.
come on man, it's nothing to do with the topic

Furion

Post by Furion » Jan 15th, '06, 17:28

Yeah, the whole thing was presented very well, the setting, the music, everything is top-notch.. I dunno about the cast being boring, I thought Inoue Mao's performance was very enjoyable.. But yeah in terms of plot, it's not exactly something you can call fresh.. Although I have immensely enjoyed this drama, I can't really say it's the best ever... ^^

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Jan 15th, '06, 17:41

archerz wrote:
enkhee wrote:
hana yori dango overated
come on man, it's nothing to do with the topic
perfectly true. that was a little harsh. i apologize.

HYD was no Sandglass, but it was one the best dramas that came out in 2005. personally, i think Densha was the drama that was overrated. but that's just my opinion and handful of other people might agree with me. sure it was nice to see Shun once in a while. but ...

i'm off-topic again.
since threads are meant to be disputed and rebutted or otherwise become completely uninteresting, unless there are pictures and news, i'm here to disagree with the topic 'hana yori dango overated'. HYD was NOT overrated. it was the perfect little dose of happiness for rainy Fridays.

cees

Post by cees » Jan 15th, '06, 17:44

kinki wrote:i watched it coz its based on one of my favorite manga and anime. i enjoyed this show, but its not that "WOW" it was very normal...yeah i think that ppl are overrating this show here in d-addicts.
same thing here i watched it bcoz of the anime ....but i cant say that i didnt enjoy it coz i did.....and i think that the end wasnt how i expected :-(

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jan 15th, '06, 18:13

Same here didn't enjoy, not much substance but put up with it till the end ...LOL

hak3m

Post by hak3m » Jan 15th, '06, 18:18

COme on man, HYD is not that bad.. Yes you can say the plot was not that good.. And compared to the manga, i know the ending turn out to be different.. At least you should point out what is bad about the casts.. what is bad about he drama specifically..

For me HYD is a good drama..
1. Picture: I am pretty amazed by the director who directed this drama. He did an excellent job making the night scenes so realistic. When i say realistic, i meant that you wont notice the backup light that they always use for night scenes.. usually you can see this one spotlight, supposedly to be taken as the moon light or street light. But if you seen the part when Tsukasa got beaten by sakurako and co., the set was configured so well for night scene, even the lines of tsukushi's and tsukasa's clothing were clear in the dark.

2. Cast: Much much better than nobuta.. in nobuta, they emphasize a lot on ____ they forgot,the cuteness of that girl they called nobuta was almost forgotten.. In HYD, even though the story is much more fiction than nobuta wo produce, both the main male characters and females act so naturally and were so into their role.. IN nobuta wo produce, the main male character seems so pretentious.. I always get goose bumps when he say goobbye to his friends, "bye bye bicycle",, Is that cool in Japan?? maybe its a cultural thing.. why didnt they greet.. " hai hai hyena" too.. hehe.. maybe i am going overboard here.. I am sorry.. I was expecting so much from Nobuta wo produce when i heard its much better than HYD. But i was a bit disappointed because i didnt make me laugh at all.

3. The school: The school at HYD is much more better than nobuta.. I am not saying nobuta should have a high class, British architecture school.. But come on man, the school looks like a mess.. Even in the drama Beach Boys, back in the good old days, the picture of the school was taken nicely. Yes, they were only, entrance-pool- and a table near the window.. but it didnt look like the abandon building in Detroit..

anyway.. this is my opinion.. dont have time to check for grammar.. but please tell me your opinion bout HYD being sucks..

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Jan 15th, '06, 18:23

everyone's got their own opinions, the quality of thins like drama and other art forms can only be decided by a viewer, that's why I never read reviews.
Personally, I really liked HYD, and I tried watching 1 litre of tears, but found it boring and stopped downloading it.

there is no such thing as something universally liked, or disliked. I mean, there has to be SOMEONE who can call "glitter" their favourite movie. just not me.

Hirococo

Post by Hirococo » Jan 15th, '06, 18:38

Internet, opinions, serious business, haha, etc.

xkke

Post by xkke » Jan 15th, '06, 18:54

I thought it was so-so, not too great, but not too bad. It was interesting enough to keep me interested. But is wasn't as exciting as the anime or manga.

But one thing I hated most was the "ehh?!" part that Makino always says. It happened like 10x an episode. It was really annoying.

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Jan 15th, '06, 19:03

Everyone got their own taste I guess, but ok.. this is coming from a BIG Jun & Shun fan .. it is a bit overrated. :sweat: Not much of a plot and a bit bad acting from supporting roles. :whistling: But I really enjoyed the show all the same. It was just good fun, deff not bad. Mao and Jun's performance was refreshing. It's just because the serie was too short. Surely if it had more episodes ppl would have liked it better.
But HYD isn't as overrated as NwP tho. The "Bye bye cycle" made me cringe too. And with all those surreal side characters... my simple mind totally didn't get the humor of that show :scratch:
Last edited by Kirari on Jan 15th, '06, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

jane_3

Post by jane_3 » Jan 15th, '06, 19:07

All I got to say is that, 'I liked it'. Even better than Nobuta. I didn't really get all caught up with it, kind of slow.

They put alot of money into HYD. I mean look at all those limos and dresses. The scenery and houses was beautiful too. I'm the type of person that likes that crap.

I didn't think it was bad. I haven't seen the anime or read the manga. So I can't compare.

Well thats just my opinion. I'm not going to criticize other people's opinions, cuz people think differently.

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Jan 15th, '06, 19:11

I don't think it was bad. It was oen of my favourites from the season. I dunno, I guess depending on what you were expecting, it could've been "better", but for me, I thought it was at least decent~ ^^
I've never watched the anime either so I didn't know what to expect. The ending wasn't that great, I don't think. It annoyed me a little :x What annoys me even more is that they're gonna have an HYD2/might have an HYD2 because I'm not much for sequels, but yeah, just my opinion ^^;;

XxenTric

Post by XxenTric » Jan 15th, '06, 19:12

I'm a huge fan of Hana Yori Dango the manga and the anime so I fell in love with HYD the drama eventhough it was short and they had to lump plot twists and such. I still loved it. They had a great cast IMHO. Best performances from Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao. I thought the director did a great job. The production was really good. It was funny and romantic. This is in an enjoyable drama if you take it for what it is. I wish it was longer so they could've been more true to the manga and didn't have to skip arcs but for a short series, they did a wonderful job.

I saw one episode of Nobuta and I haven't continued with it *shrugs* I liked Kazuya in Gokusen 2 but in Nobuta - he's kinda annoying XP But I'm biased when it concerns MatsuJun since I've liked him as an actor since Kimi wa Petto.

It's all about preferences.

dan12

Post by dan12 » Jan 15th, '06, 20:25

come on matsumota is a cheezy actor, especailly in the fist episode when the f4 came in i was like come on wtf is this. Also its involved with a bunch of rich kids and not realistic. Im not saying hdy is a bad its drama its just not that good. To one who comment about 1 litre trying watching it to the 2nd or 3rd episode the fist episode was okay. Also the by by cycle was kinda cool, you know how japanese people are they like to incorporate american words and nobuta had a deeper meaning than the lame love story in HDY

xiaowanzi

Post by xiaowanzi » Jan 15th, '06, 20:49

hmmm... i don't think hyd is over-rated. not at all. i just feel that their works r being appreciated. i mean, it's definitely way much better than MG.

I can't make comparison to 1 litre of tears cos' i haven't watch it. but i heard some good comments n i'll prolly give it a try... :-)

as for nwp, i think this is one drama which is really over-rated. i was looking at e screencaps made by a fan cos' i tot of watching it. but it turns me off instead.. so i ended not watching a single epi at all... :whistling: maybe for now. but prolly after all this big hoo-ha has cool down, n i find some interesting stuffs abt nwp, i'll watch it.

as for comparison to other doramas, i think "each has its own". it only up to individuals who appreciates e works of e production crew n actors/actresses or not. right?! :P

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jan 15th, '06, 21:09

i watched all the three drama,nobuta,hyd and 1 litre of tears. but 1 litre of tears come up to be my favorite drama. i totally love it. hyd was okay but i think if they make the story longer maybe i can like it better. i'm sorry but i like meteor garden better than hyd because i really don't think i can say i really like jun character at the end. i don't think like oguri shun character at the end either. it wasn't all that romantic. so yes i think it was overrated a bit. but it's not as bad as nobuta. i don't get all those humor in nobuta.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Jan 15th, '06, 21:11

I´m a fan of Hana Yori Dango manga, but even not being a fan of it, I would have watched the drama anyway - just because the CM preview looked very interesting.

Ok, the drama isn´t the best I´ve ever seen, but it´s close to. I loved it, even knowing the whole story, I still enjoyed it a lot. The only actor and actress I knew there were Oguri Shun and Matsushima Nanako, but the main couple (Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao) was great. In my opinion, they did a surprisingly great job. The filming is amazing, the settings also wonderful, and the plot - although I was a bit disapointed with some parts of the drama - was pretty well done, since they had a short time to do the drama.

I watched Nobuta and Ichi Rittoru too. But I think the one that is over-rated is Nobuta. I couldn´t even finish the first episode. Usually I like school dramas, but this one...

Ichi Rittoru was a good drama. In terms of plot, pretty better than Hana Yori Dango. But I didn´t think the acting was that great. The acting can´t be compared to Hana Yori Dango or Nobuta cause the stories were different. But I could compare it to Sekachu, and the acting in Sekachu is way better than in Ichi Rittoru.

So, to say, Hana Yori Dango isn´t the best drama, but it´s one of the best to me. Of course, that´s all my opinion. Each one of us have our own taste.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 15th, '06, 21:19

i dont think its overrated , its just that there are LOTS of girls who love jun and shun < ie me XD > and well, it being their latest show it obviously will get lots of great reviews from those of us who love the actors..

personally, it was a pretty good drama because it was short and sweet. not long and draggy. i have to say tho, there were parts i found were a bore...

zey

Post by zey » Jan 15th, '06, 21:22

I think this drama pretty good ^__^ it's fun to watch ... maybe it's a bit over advertised but the cast did well though ... I like the girl Makino

with the ending, I think there may be hana yori dango 2 (laugh)

ky0zero

Post by ky0zero » Jan 15th, '06, 22:21

Wouldnt class it to being a top drama series. More like something fun to watch to fill the time

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Jan 15th, '06, 22:26

I didn't expect much from this drama at first because I thought the main characters weren't all that great and I thought that this wouldn't beat the Taiwanese version because I liked that one alot. But this drama definitely past my expectations because the acting was great, the directing was great, and it was really entertaining. :-) So I don't think that it was really overrated.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jan 15th, '06, 22:44

It's cute, short and well-done (great music, surreal settings etc.) but it wasn't memorable to me. It lacked substance, intelligence and deeper meaning and I for one find neither Shun nor Jun very attractive. (Kazuya and Yamapi on the other hand... :D )

It didn't measure up to the style of Densha Otoko or Nobuta either, which, although not very intelligent either, had a very unique style and feel to them. I like the Harry Potter-esque music in HYD, though! A lot.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jan 15th, '06, 22:44

i think it was excellent. The acting was great, the story was good, i liked the props as well. It didn't drag so much as compared with MG. In fact, i think i liked it better than the manga as well (cuz that manga was way too long, i didn't bother finishing it)

I liked both Nabuta wo produce and HYD... i don't think either of them was overrated.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Jan 15th, '06, 23:05

I'd have to disagree w/ the whole "Hana Yori Dango over rated". I don't think so, I thought it was well done. About the plot, well they did follow up with the manga, so you can't really say that they weren't original. And the ending, yes it's completely different w/ the anime ending, but it's what was suppose to happen, based on the manga. As for the cast, I'd have to agree that some [emphasis on some] were pretty boring, but the main cast did very well, they were clearly in sync w/ their characters and I found that refreshing. There are other dramas out there where the actor/actress didn't seem to understand their character. Well that's my opinion anyway.

I stand by with what I think, Hana Yori Dango was one of the best dramas that was released in 2005. And being that I'm a total fan of the manga, I think it the jodorma flowed well w/ the manga.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Jan 15th, '06, 23:06

I had a fun time watching it because the characters were so unique. I would definately not call it weak or overrated. The ending could have been better but it also screams *season 2*.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 15th, '06, 23:11

i know this is TOTALLY off topic. but dan12, arent u the one who went to jun's board and created a sort of conflict there with your, "jun is ugly" comment???

i was just thinking that mabie not liking jun may have affected your opinion on HYD being overrated...

but its just me.. and yes its off topic... :mrgreen:

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 15th, '06, 23:12

not overrated, great funny lighthearted drama with intresting characters

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jan 15th, '06, 23:13

In a way HYD is overrated because the story is very predictable...

However, acting in HYD is 100x better than NwP. Shocking!>??!

dan12

Post by dan12 » Jan 15th, '06, 23:43

noo not really, now since i looked at hes not that ugly anymore i guess im just saying why hdy is overated not just cause of jun

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jan 16th, '06, 00:15

I don't see how Nobuta wo Produce is any better than Hana Yori Dango...

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jan 16th, '06, 00:24

well i thought at first that jun is not that cute or whatever. but you know his character grows on you and since then i tried to watch his movie and series. he's not bad afterall. although i much prefer tomoya nagase than him

uhare

Post by uhare » Jan 16th, '06, 00:41

NWP has a more intriguing plot. It had more depth, was more inspiring and is definitely something we can all relate to....not the usual romantic cinderella story illustrated in HYD. That's why I don't think you can compare the two.
The acting in both dramas were fine ...casts from both dramas were wonderful. (if you ask me kame and yamapi's performance was spectacular) I personally enjoyed NWP more because it's light-hearted(for the most part) ....I felt like I was maturing with shuji and it was unpredictable. ..going off topic..

at any rate, NYD is not overrated....but i think the growing popularity of Oguri Shun might be tho. I thought NYD was way too short and there was too much emphasis on domyoji and Rui...they should shine some light on the other members of F4 (i don't know if that's the way it should be in the anime/manga)

inutikidude
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by inutikidude » Jan 16th, '06, 01:35

Hmmm sometimes i think hyd is a lil overated. Me being a hyd fan (i read the manga, watched the anime and taiwanese drama), the jdrama was enjoyable. I mean heck its Jun as Tsukasa XD'. I kinda like the taiwanese version better since it was damn hilarious =P. I really liked how they included TOJ in the jdrama. Tat was one of my favorite plot in the manga >.<. As for the ending of the jdrama, i loved it. It followed the manga so well. I wont say it was perfectly followed but it at least tsukasa had to go back to NY. I am a HUGE fan of Tsukasa x Makino so plz dont take this the wrong way -_-. The ending is perfect cuz it is kinda impossible for Tsukasa to just throw everthing away. The thing i hated is that Tsukasa didnt promise Makino that he would return like he did in the manga -_-. So um yeah the manga is the best after xD.

aa

Post by aa » Jan 16th, '06, 02:08

:alcoholic: i fell asleep watching the last two episodes of the series. :mrgreen:

doc_tomoe

Post by doc_tomoe » Jan 16th, '06, 02:10

Well there is NO WAY that any director or producer could ever pack all the stuff that made HYD manga/anime so great in 9 friggin' episodes. I mean come on Tsukasa would do anything for Tsukushi in the anime right ? they make a big deal out of it how he would sacrifice himself for Tsukushi. It was such a wonderful story how Tsukasa earned a place in her heart little by little... The anime also did a great job in displaying how tsukushi thought she met the love of her life in Hanazawa Rui (who btw sucked big time in dorama even if his actor is kinda good in other doramas) only to be confronted with the never ending love of Tsukasa. This resulted in a plot where you never knew how it's going to end.
You just can't unfold a story the way the anime does in just 9 eps .. there's no way ..
Also because of the great timing in anime .. it was superb .. nowadays timings like that wouldn't be possible because in anime everything has to happen in a flash .. same thing in dorama ... I think the actors were kinda good in dorama .. especially Tsukushi and Tsukasa ... they just couldn't compare to their anime pendants ...

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 16th, '06, 02:29

...merged the "HYD overrated" thread to the main discussion thread...

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Jan 16th, '06, 03:52

it's not GRAND. but i totally enjoyed watching it. it's very lighthearted, but i was disappointed with the ending as well. as for the cast, i think everyone did a fine job, and i really liked how it wasnt long and draggy like MG. i also really liked the actress who played as rui's gf. ah, i cant remember her name, but i was really glad of the outcome for them. :-)

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Jan 16th, '06, 21:52

While I respect that everyone has an opinion, I don't agree that ayone should come on here and say anything is overrated compared to their "favorite drama of all time!!!". I mean, if you're comparing it to your favorite, of course you're not going to like it as much!

I would never compare any series to any other, because even if korea has a version and taiwan has a version and japan has a version, they all stand on their own. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with HYD at all, I'd be saying this if someone was trying to compare any other dramas. They aren't there to be picked over and compared, they are to be enjoyed. If you don't like it as much, why stir an argument with people who did like it. We all have our tastes.

Also, if the ending is different from the anime, I'm glad. HYD's anime annoyed me to no end. I spent 52 episodes dying to know how it ended and nothing happened to give me some closure. If they have some closure, good times. I haven't even seen it all yet. From what I have seen though, I really like it. It's fun to watch, even if I know the story. I didn't really think of Jun as Tsukasa either, but he's actually very good. Maybe not as cute as Rui's actor, but then, it fits with the story. Rui's supposed to be really cute and Domi is supposed to be this semi-good looking idiot. All in all, it was a well done series.

chunny

Post by chunny » Jan 20th, '06, 16:31

Pirate wrote:While I respect that everyone has an opinion, I don't agree that ayone should come on here and say anything is overrated compared to their "favorite drama of all time!!!". I mean, if you're comparing it to your favorite, of course you're not going to like it as much!

I would never compare any series to any other, because even if korea has a version and taiwan has a version and japan has a version, they all stand on their own. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with HYD at all, I'd be saying this if someone was trying to compare any other dramas. They aren't there to be picked over and compared, they are to be enjoyed. If you don't like it as much, why stir an argument with people who did like it. We all have our tastes.

Also, if the ending is different from the anime, I'm glad. HYD's anime annoyed me to no end. I spent 52 episodes dying to know how it ended and nothing happened to give me some closure. If they have some closure, good times. I haven't even seen it all yet. From what I have seen though, I really like it. It's fun to watch, even if I know the story. I didn't really think of Jun as Tsukasa either, but he's actually very good. Maybe not as cute as Rui's actor, but then, it fits with the story. Rui's supposed to be really cute and Domi is supposed to be this semi-good looking idiot. All in all, it was a well done series.

Well said Pirate!Well said!!! :salut: :thumright:

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Jan 21st, '06, 00:15

Pirate wrote:While I respect that everyone has an opinion, I don't agree that ayone should come on here and say anything is overrated compared to their "favorite drama of all time!!!". I mean, if you're comparing it to your favorite, of course you're not going to like it as much!

I agree, well said!

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Jan 21st, '06, 01:32

Hi, everyone!

Does somebody know where i can find Hana Yori Dango manga RAWS (written in Japanese)? Please, if somebody knows it, PM me. Although I´ve read it already in English, I would like to read it in Japanese as well. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this!

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Jan 21st, '06, 01:40

There are usually several original volumes for auction on eBay at any given time. Thats where I would start.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 22nd, '06, 00:51

shiruchan wrote:Hi, everyone!

Does somebody know where i can find Hana Yori Dango manga RAWS (written in Japanese)? Please, if somebody knows it, PM me. Although I´ve read it already in English, I would like to read it in Japanese as well. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this!
Hello!!
How are you? We haven't talk too much... :-(
But you can download HYD RAWS in #lurk in mIRC
You can see they homepage.
http://gotlurk.net/
It is really easy because it's only download in bots.
**Se você não souber mexer no mirc no meu site tem um tutorial.
http://gdrodrigues.sites.uol.com.br/hyd ... almirc.htm
Espero que consiga, qualquer dúvida me escreva
entre no fórum em português sobre Hanadan que fiz
http://s15.invisionfree.com/HYD_Brasil/index.php
Saudades
:lol **

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 25th, '06, 17:02

I was reading arashi thread in another forum when i saw fybabe's post
About 47th award...
Seems that Inoue Mao and Matsumoto Jun win!!! \o/
Inoue Mao as best actress
and Matsumoto Jun as best support actor...
(support actor?O_O)
第47回ドラマアカデミー賞
最優秀作品賞:「野ブタをプロデュース」
2花男
3リットル

最優秀主演男優賞:亀梨和也「野ブタをプロデュース」
2滝沢
3山下

最優秀主演女優賞:井上真央「花より男子」 <------ HERE!!!! HERE!!!!^^
2沢尻
3菅野

最優秀助演男優賞:松本潤「花より男子」 <------ HERE!!!! HERE!!!!^^
2錦戸
3森山

最優秀助演女優賞:堀北真希「野ブタをプロデュース」
2薬師丸
3小池

新人俳優賞:ウエンツ「正しい恋愛のススメ」 (特別恭喜小w同學,和歐巴桑談了40多集戀愛……||)

音楽賞:「野ブタをプロデュース」

監督賞:「野ブタをプロデュース」

脚本賞:木皿泉「野ブタをプロデュース」

タイトルバック賞:「大奥」

特別賞:「熟年離婚」

審査員の順位

作品賞野ブタ・リットル・花男

主演男亀梨・山下・滝沢

主演女沢尻・井上・伊東・観月

助演男森山・松本・松平健

助演女堀北・小池・薬師丸

テレビ記者の順位

作品賞花男・野ブタ・リットル

主演男亀梨・滝沢・山下

主演女井上・沢尻・菅野

助演男松本・にしきど・谷原

助演女堀北・薬師丸・小池

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 25th, '06, 17:24

Matsumoto Jun for best "supporting" actor? I think that they entered the categories so that they would not go head to head with Nobuta (and vice versa), which seems to have rocked the awards in all other categories

edit:
Hmmm... just checked the site:
http://www.television.co.jp/drama/drama_academy
The most recent award is still the Nov. 2005 awards for summer 2005
I guess the website is slow to update because the awards are supposed to be today ...

littlesky

Post by littlesky » Feb 5th, '06, 08:10

I love this series!
I love matsumo jun too...LOL :blink

this drama is totally funny and ROMANTIC... even the plot is... of course like HYD anime and MG... it still has its uniqueness.. I guess it's bec. I love the cast!!

SunStar

song from Hana Yori Dango

Post by SunStar » Feb 7th, '06, 02:03

hi ppl...

i downloaded the OST to Hana Yori Dango... but it doesn't have the song that a woman sang... it's the slow song that was played a lot and was played during the scene where Doumyouji and Makino were stuck in the elevator...

does anyone have it and willing to share? i will be forever grateful!

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Feb 7th, '06, 02:15

Otsuka Ai - Planetarium :) there should be a torrent here~

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 8th, '06, 09:29

are you absolutely sure that's the album the song is from... cause i would buy it right now... but i need confirmation!!! LOL... i'm soooo crazy about that song... i can't get it to stop playing in my head...

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Feb 8th, '06, 09:38

Yes, that's the song. It's from her latest album Love Cook.

Zenith

Post by Zenith » Feb 10th, '06, 06:56

Reeeeally late to the topic but I have to say this xD:

I can't get enough of this drama: I adore it. It's amazing! :P *love, love, love, love x100000*

tsukushi

Post by tsukushi » Feb 10th, '06, 15:12

sunstar and the rest of Hanadan junkies - I made an MV for the drama Hana Yori Dango with Ai chan's planetarium song.

Enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M1VFFHO2

supeng

Post by supeng » Feb 10th, '06, 15:45

i lurve this drama so much and i really hoped that inoue is dating with oguri shun in real life.....lol

mcg

Post by mcg » Feb 10th, '06, 20:26

I'm just wondering, Any chance of an special? Just saw the drama last weekend, and I noticed they siad something like 'See you soon' at the end of last episode.

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 11th, '06, 04:51

yeah... i heard ppl saying that there is a possiblity of a season 2 for HYD... i really hope it's true... it would be nice to continue Domyouji and Makino's relationship further... and his mother intruding more... and eventually accepts Makino in the end... or something like that... LOL