I so wanna get some of those actor's hairstyles.

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
TheCerebralAssassin

I so wanna get some of those actor's hairstyles.

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Jan 31st, '06, 15:30

Like the guy on the left here, [img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... atcast.jpg[/img] or something like it. Any tips? I already have hair texture similar to that and I thin my hair when it gets too thick. I guess I'll also need a hair straightening iron and a stronger hair clay.

canadiangurl

Post by canadiangurl » Jan 31st, '06, 15:32

that would be gorgous, that hair style is really cute,
unfortunatly i dont know much about it sry ..just thought i would put my word on the subject ^_^

nagai yasumi

Post by nagai yasumi » Jan 31st, '06, 15:48

I love that guy... Hair like that would be awesome. Just take a photo to a Japanese hair stylist if you can find one in your area (just email the nearest Japanese counselate. They seem always super-happy to help with stuff like that. It's kinda "fun" work for them. If not, they can probably at least tell you a place that does layered, Japanese style cuts.)

Good luck!

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Jan 31st, '06, 15:52

Thanks for the help. I'll goggle and hope to find a counselate. Being in NY I haven't seen any Japanese hair places that much, and I also don't want to spend a fortune if it won't last long.

As a backup does anyone know any good, affordable, hair irons? I'm pretty sure the dorama actos use the professional stylist, but it's a bit inconvenient to me.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Jan 31st, '06, 19:35

My younger sister uses ones with ceramic heads, i think they are the best ones, but that guys hair dont look too heathly, i reckon its been overstyled~~~ makes it brittle and unshiny, but uh yeah it probably needs coloring aswell!

good luck :D

veritati

Post by veritati » Feb 1st, '06, 20:57

There was a similar thread on this forum from last year. I suggest you use the search function. But you need to go to a Japanese stylist to get your hair cut right, and then use wax to style it accordingly. The stylist must be one trained in Japan though because it's not the same if they learned from somewhere else. I live in NYC and my stylist is awesome. He's not taking any new client right now because he received too many referrals. But he can try to fit you into his schedule if you give him enough time. It costs $50 for a haircut, and anything else is extra.

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Feb 1st, '06, 23:08

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:Thanks for the help. I'll goggle and hope to find a counselate. Being in NY I haven't seen any Japanese hair places that much, and I also don't want to spend a fortune if it won't last long.

As a backup does anyone know any good, affordable, hair irons? I'm pretty sure the dorama actos use the professional stylist, but it's a bit inconvenient to me.
Oh really? You live in NY too? That's cool, I'm from Rye, NY ^^. Yeah, actually, my hair looks very similar to his. Sometimes I visit the hair salons to get the look, or of I'm relatively short on funds, I use a straightening iron, a wintercap, and some hair cream. (I'll explain in a bit).

Well, if you live close to the city, I reccomend a place called "Commune." The owner's name is Aki and she is a VERY talented hair stylist.

If you want to do it yourself, I reccomend getting a True Ceramics Hair Straightener. (You can find it at CVS for 29.99). Before you got to sleep, put a winter cap over your head so that the top portion of your hair will be straight and flat when you got to sleep.

Once you wake up, the hair that protruded from your wintercap should be rather curly, and the portion you covered should be nice and flat! (shiny too!)

Okay, now, you use the straightening area to "finetone," (or bold shall we say?) some of the areas you want to straighten. If you want to curl your hair some more, then try using your fingers and avoid gel/wax/mousse to curl it as much as possible. This is because putting stuff into places you want to curl might do the exact opposite- it generally weighs it down so you won't get that nice flowing hair when a little breeze passes by. =]

Anyways, put some cream on to make your hair wavy like his. I reccomend putting little time bits (like, the diameter should be a FOURTH of a dime). Now, apply this cream to the ends of your hair. If your hair isn't nice and wavy after the wintercap + straightening treatment, then you can also apply some cream to those areas as well, but be careful that you don't overdo it.

I presume those are the tips I can give you for now, if you can post a picture of your hair, I can probably help you some more. Good luck! :salut:

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 2nd, '06, 00:53

This is my hair naturally [img]http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3979/me1qw.jpg[/img].

That was taken a year ago. This is more recent [img]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8973/me2jpeg5zt.jpg[/img]

That was my hair after a cut+some thinning. It's now about the same length as the first one.

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 2nd, '06, 04:31

Also, I can't seem to find anything about that "commune" salon.

Also, what hair cream's would you recommend?

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Feb 2nd, '06, 06:17

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:Also, I can't seem to find anything about that "commune" salon.

Also, what hair cream's would you recommend?
NUDY: Waxy Cream Arrangements.
It's a Japanese brand so you might have a bit of trouble finding it.

Avoid "10" superhard gels, try sticking to moderate ones, otherwise you'll have hard, wet-looking hair instead of the "wavy" look.

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 2nd, '06, 12:03

Do you happen to know a place to get it?

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Feb 2nd, '06, 18:51

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:Do you happen to know a place to get it?
Sure, do you know where Eastern Village is? Near there is a Japanese supermarket (it's a bit hidden but Japanese people living in the city know of it) where you can purchase a variety of hair products, with "Gatsby" being the most dominant one.

Also, Mitsuwa in New Jersey should be carrying it too.

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:35

Yeah, I think I've been there once. One more question. How do I mold it to move up and parted like that? My brush just makes split ends and a big bald line in the parted area. It takes away the shine too.

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Feb 3rd, '06, 04:45

You might want to buy a Japanese Men's fashion magazine. Is there a Japanese bookstore nearby you? I've never read one myself since I'm a girl, but I often buy Japanese women's fashion and hairstyle magazines cuz I like how how they style their hair too. Sometimes they show how to style hair and what products to use to obtain that style. (Even if you can't read Japanese, usually there are easy to follow pictures). Good luck!

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 3rd, '06, 14:56

There's that bookstore called Kinokuniya in the city I can go to.

dayzi

Post by dayzi » Feb 3rd, '06, 15:08

since I'm not an expert here but to gain that kind of hair style as in when ur applying a wax u had to use ur hand instead of brush and maybe just twist a little by the end and also some wax doenst work on certain type of hair and maybe in ur condition I would recommend used hairspray where there is extra hold in it ( i know this since i've already experiment it on my hair and other ppl)

p/s:- gatsby is a good brand for wax and currently my sis using it.

ToriQ

Post by ToriQ » Feb 4th, '06, 03:20

Go style!
Attachments
Gatsby - Mat Type Styling Wax1.jpg
Gatsby - Mat Type Styling Wax1.jpg (222.7 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
Gatsby - Megahold Type Styling.jpg
Gatsby - Megahold Type Styling.jpg (191.68 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Feb 4th, '06, 03:35

i love styling my hair too!
as mentioned, Gatsby is v popular, followed by lucido, uno, mod's
try using those dry, matt type to create out-of-the-bed look...
magazines like smart head, hair, are v useful too...

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 4th, '06, 04:32

Awesome. I guess I'll stop by and pick some gatsby up. So far the iron works great and makes my hair really stright and shiny. I'll try the wontercap trick tonight.

lumines

Post by lumines » Feb 4th, '06, 05:04

hey do they sell gatsby at cvs or rite aid? If not, is there a similar product to gatsby that is sold there? Also, do you happen to know the name of the place or address of that japanese store which sells gatsby cream?...I live in the city so I can try to search for it. Ty

lasusal

Post by lasusal » Feb 4th, '06, 08:09

Theres this Japanese hair salon like a street away from Baruch college (if you know where that is)..I think its call studio tokyo or something..always walk pass it but cant seem to remember its name

dayzi

Post by dayzi » Feb 4th, '06, 11:59

ganbete TheCerebralAssassin for ur J-hairdo project. Hope it works :salut:

lumines

Post by lumines » Feb 4th, '06, 23:24

So is there an alernative to Gatsby's Mat Style wax? Maybe a product you can pick up at you local rite aid? lol

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 5th, '06, 00:23

The best hair shaping product I know in the US is Dep: Sports clay. It holds hair really well through rain and wind, but comparing US hair products to JP hair products may be tough.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 5th, '06, 01:31

i agree gatsby products are very good, my buddy who i shared a apartment with brought me back some mud i think its called from hk, was ideal thing for my hair.

its impossible to buy gatsby stuff in uk from where i have looked, annoyed because its very difficult to select european/american hair products that suit east-asian hair type :)

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 5th, '06, 01:42

wow... this is perfect timing cuz I have an appointment at the salon tomoro... Ive been growin my hair out for about 3 months now; my goal was to get a style like those long-textured styles like the guys on k and j dramas have... buh the thing is I have naturally wavy hair despite being asian T___T and now cuz of that its starting to look really unkept... and this is hard for me cuz Im always have to dress up formally every week and find that styling my hair is always a dilemma and leaves me feeling under-dressed regardless of how dressy my clothes are... you guys get what I mean right?

so I had two options: either cut it back to a fauxhawk as I originally had it before or ask the stylist for a style that matches my facial structure and length now that looks clean and allows me to keep growing it... what do you guys think? Im in a bind right now... the length of my hair is a lil bit shorter than that model on the "Gatsby - Mat Type Styling Wax1.jpg" pic you guys posted... also if you have any suggestions of styles that you guys think look good that would really help as well! thanks in advance!

dayzi

Post by dayzi » Feb 5th, '06, 12:18

well flipnicity, the best is that ask the profesional hairdresser opinion about it coz the hair cut is also depends on ur hair texture (either it;s wavy,curly or straight ), face shape and features coz not everyone suits cutting or doing j or k drama's hairdo.

p/s:- the good thing askin about hair stylist is that they know their best when it comes to cutting's ppl hair and who knows ur hairdo can create a new buzz or trend which will be folllowed by the rest of em ( by the time j or k drama hairdo is like yesterday's news to u )

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 5th, '06, 13:04

thanks for your sugestion dayzi! I'll ask the stylist when I go today... wish me luck... if it goes well I'll post before and after shots... hahahah!! ^^

dayzi

Post by dayzi » Feb 5th, '06, 13:59

ganbete/fighting flipnicity. Hope it works !!! ^_^ .

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 5th, '06, 14:06

FIGHTING! oh yeah if you have pics of any style suggestions that look nice... post them k? thanks dayzi! aja aja <b>AJA!</b> =D

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 5th, '06, 17:12

UPDATE:

I tried sleeping with the wintercap, but it's uncomfortable, I'll prolly only do that if I'm rushing to class in the morning. I ironed my hair, and I did like the guy in the second pic for the gatsby thing and made the sides go up with a little of my sculpting clay. The sides come up solid so I then ironed the sides to make it more natural looking and it seems to have worked well. I don't have a digicam and my cellphone's internet got disconnected a while back so I can't post pics, but I think it turned out well considering I did it myself. Thanks for the help. I thinned my hair a few weeks back so it's not exactly like the one in the pic, but I think it looks good on me. :cheers:

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 5th, '06, 18:35

thats good to hear dude... as long as u like it then thats all that matters... =) Im going to the salon today... I onno how its going to turn out. buh here goes!

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Feb 5th, '06, 18:40

i think it's pretty hard to copy those actor's hairstyle. they have personal hairstylists, but hey,if you can do it, go for it.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 5th, '06, 23:38

<b>UPDATE:</b> hey guys I jus got back from the salon... I decided to keep the length og my hair and try and keep on growing out my hair jus to see what it would look like. The stylist said the "shaggy bedhead" look would suit me... buh right now it looks really weird cuz its in an "in-between" phase in growin. theyre not too familiar with asian hairstyles so maybe I'll go to an asian salon next time.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 5th, '06, 23:40

western stylists are pretty unknown about asian hair i can tell you, its very difficult to get a decent hair cut from them but the nearest asian one for me is in London which is about 50 miles away... big trip for just a haircut :lol

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 5th, '06, 23:43

wow... wingsky youre from england? thats cool man. yeah the person who cut my hair was actually asian... buh it was a western hair salon... buh a lot of the styles now are similar to those of asians... buh styll I dont think they can cut "asian hair" as well as asian... [thats a given]... lolz

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 13th, '06, 04:24

Hey, guys. Just wondering what kind of Japanese hair coloring product is the best? Also what color is this hair (one on the lleft) [img]http://www.mognet.net/graphics/projectg ... eencap.jpg[/img]?

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 15th, '06, 14:31

Need some help. I went to the Japanese Grocery in East Village and picked up some hair products by Gatsby. One was mat hair clay which I know how to use, the other was a hair dye. My main problem is not only can't I read anything on the box, but I've only had my hair dyed professionally and know nothing about how to do it myself.

So, can anyone instruct me on how to use the Gatsby: SMart Brown hair dye?.

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Feb 16th, '06, 03:19

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:Need some help. I went to the Japanese Grocery in East Village and picked up some hair products by Gatsby. One was mat hair clay which I know how to use, the other was a hair dye. My main problem is not only can't I read anything on the box, but I've only had my hair dyed professionally and know nothing about how to do it myself.

So, can anyone instruct me on how to use the Gatsby: SMart Brown hair dye?.
Yeah, sure thing,
When you open it, you'll have like, a small, squeezable tube, and a plastic container.
Extract all the contents of the tube into the container, and then, if you want to dye your entire hair, then (granted that you put those latex gloves on) just smother all of it into your hair. If you want highlights, or like, small specific areas of your head to be colored, then take some aluminum foil (this is the "gakusei" way, [poor japanese students living in the USA... (laugh)]), and take a disposable toothbrush and smear it. After that, wrap your hair into the aluminum foil and fold it once. Remember, no crinkling! Just one fold!

Also, I found that Gatsby products damage your hair, and, if you want to get the desired results on the box, let it stay on your hair for 10 minutes more than the reccomended time period.

Ahh... I learnt the hard way. I had to go through 4-5 boxes over a course of 3 months to get this right... (tear)

Well, with that said, I'd only reccomend Gatsby hair coloring products only if you're going exclusively for a J-pop style look (which you are, in this case).
There's a few negative things about it:
1) It damages your hair a lot... and there is no conditioner included, unlike most American products, which include a conditioner.
2) The results are nowhere near as "drastic," as the box, you know, that cool guy with medium-length spiky hair, who's hair is so beautifully colored. The trick, like I've said before, it to keep it on your hair for the 10 additional minutes.
3) Often times, (some of the colors are, others aren't), you will either end up with a really dull or really metallic luster in your hair. I don't know why, but either way, it's not too cool. So, check every 5 minutes, wipe away a little tiny bit of the coloring substance and see how the result is looking on your hair. If your hair is still darker than you think it should be, let it stay. If you're satisfied, hop into the shower and rinse away.

Well, yeah, that's my Gatsby Hair Coloring advice in a nutshell.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 16th, '06, 03:28

i guess im lucky in toronto, there are TONS of asian haircutting places ^^

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 16th, '06, 04:23

Thanks, but I already dyed my hair before I saw your post, lol. No problem though, my mom gave me instructions, and gave me her conditioner. I like my hair color is fine now, it's the "smart brown" one, which seems to be the most popular among j-kids currently, according to music vids and doramas(which might not be accurate). I'm debating about whether I should thin my hair now, so I can make it more like the picture for the Gatsby mat style, but if I thin too much I can't get the nice solid bangs and look I originally wanted.

Any tips on where/how to thin? I've been thinning my hair regularly every two weeks or so., I usually do it all over, but today I just did the sides and the back so it doesn't get too puffy.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 16th, '06, 09:58

whisperss_57 wrote:i guess im lucky in toronto, there are TONS of asian haircutting places ^^
speaking of which... do you know any good "asian salons" in Toronto??? I used to go to one on Spadina... buh they were kinda rude and their english was very limited... so I stopped going there... now I get it done at a "western" salon [Donato at Square One]... theyre really good there and they treat u nice too... buh the thing is... its not the same as cutting it in an asian place... :-( so if you could suggest some good places that would be most appreciated! thanks in advance! :D

ryuushin

Post by ryuushin » Feb 16th, '06, 21:55

flipnicity wrote:
whisperss_57 wrote:i guess im lucky in toronto, there are TONS of asian haircutting places ^^
speaking of which... do you know any good "asian salons" in Toronto??? I used to go to one on Spadina... buh they were kinda rude and their english was very limited... so I stopped going there... now I get it done at a "western" salon [Donato at Square One]... theyre really good there and they treat u nice too... buh the thing is... its not the same as cutting it in an asian place... :-( so if you could suggest some good places that would be most appreciated! thanks in advance! :D
My favourite salon place has to be in the one at Pmalll

go to the 2nd floor near the MHQ (karaoke place) and to the right u should see a salon there.. they do some amazing work. However if you look around that area you will fun tons of hair styling places on the 1st floor.

If ur not looking to spend too much money on styling i suggest going down to broadview and gerrard and check out the hair stylists there.. Amazing price around 5-8 or so but the job gets done amazingly and very friendly

If u take a picture that you want with you to them they can style it all you want. The only problem is if your hair is too short then its too late, so i advise you to have it long when you go there..

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 16th, '06, 22:16

flipnicity wrote:

ahh i last went to one called cooneys and it was smwhere downtown on.. uh i dont remember which street i think queen?? but its a little sign on the sidewalk and u have to walk up the stairs ^^ really good place to go.
Last edited by whisperss_57 on Feb 16th, '06, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 16th, '06, 22:16

ryuushin wrote:
flipnicity wrote:
My favourite salon place has to be in the one at Pmalll

go to the 2nd floor near the MHQ (karaoke place) and to the right u should see a salon there.. they do some amazing work. However if you look around that area you will fun tons of hair styling places on the 1st floor.

If ur not looking to spend too much money on styling i suggest going down to broadview and gerrard and check out the hair stylists there.. Amazing price around 5-8 or so but the job gets done amazingly and very friendly

If u take a picture that you want with you to them they can style it all you want. The only problem is if your hair is too short then its too late, so i advise you to have it long when you go there..
pacific mall is good too ^^ just sometimes a little crowded..

ryobreak

Post by ryobreak » Feb 17th, '06, 04:40

If you've got the cash and you're lazy to fix your hair every morning, just get a straightening perm.

Otherwise, you can buy an iron and straighten it on a regular basis.

As far as I'm aware, you just have to fiddle with your hair if its not "naturally," as thin as you want it to be.

Also, if your hair is naturally too straight, then you can do the reverse and buy a curling iron.

You can buy a decent curling iron for 10 dollars, but for some reason, the straightening irons run for about 30-40 each.

Oh, you may not believe me, but actually, before you shampoo, if you pour a cup of milk onto your hair, sift it through, and let it stay for about 90 seconds, you're left with hair feeling even more moisturized than leading conditioners. Some people don't like the smell of milk or the idea of putting it into their hair though, so I guess it's all personal preference. Shampoo after milk treatment, no "additonal," shampoo amounts are necessary.

Again, you can go on the professional level and enter a salon, do it yourself granted you're given the tools, or you can take the "poor man's secret" way, and do all kinds of wacky things (which do work though ^^).

Yeah, so it depends on how much money you're willing to spend to do these sort of things.

Personally, I've experimented with all of these things. I've started to avoid salons noawadays though, because the stylist might be more adept, but I certainly know MUCH MORE towards what I want my hair style to look like. That way, if I do it myself, I know exactly where to cut, where to straighten, what to curl... etc...

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Feb 17th, '06, 05:11

I was wondering.. is there any site where you can learn some technique on how to style your own hair? Sites that have both guys and girls hairstyle. THanks.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 17th, '06, 10:22

thanks for your suggestions <b>ryuushin</b> and <b>whisperss_57</b>!!! I'll keep those places youve mentioned in mind next time I get a haircut. =)

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Feb 17th, '06, 23:25

I wanna make my hair like some of Kimura Takuya's hairstyles in this dramas but my head is big and flat in the back and long hairs just wouldn't go with my face. :(

Rewrite

Post by Rewrite » Feb 20th, '06, 21:30

Hi i live around in New Jersey and I was wondering if theres a japanese salon at that MItsuwa Marketplace? Thanks in advance

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 23rd, '06, 15:49

I find that a man with long hair's best friend is a tie or rubber band. Wrap your bangs with them at home and it doesn't get in your eyes while eating and such, it also prevents the front from being too flat.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 23rd, '06, 19:09

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:I find that a man with long hair's best friend is a tie or rubber band. Wrap your bangs with them at home and it doesn't get in your eyes while eating and such, it also prevents the front from being too flat.
I saw the guys on Nobuta wo Produce doing that.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 23rd, '06, 23:38

flipnicity wrote:
TheCerebralAssassin wrote:I find that a man with long hair's best friend is a tie or rubber band. Wrap your bangs with them at home and it doesn't get in your eyes while eating and such, it also prevents the front from being too flat.
I saw the guys on Nobuta wo Produce doing that.
KAME!!! :wub: :wub:

kame has great hair ^_~

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 24th, '06, 00:30

two weeks ago I was debating whether I was going to cut my hair back to short or whether I should keep on growing out; it was getting really unmanageable and since my hair is wavy it was a pain to style... I ended up booking an appointment with my stylist and when I got there asked for some advice on what I should do... she told me I should keep going cuz its easy to cut hair buh hard to grow it long. so I agreed, she ended up just thinning it out and making everything even so when it grew out I would have a nice "shag"... buh then days after my "cut" I started regretting it... and wished that I had cut it short... so to make a long story short... a week after I cut it. :roll

<b><I>I wonder if I made the right decision?<b><I> :whistling:
Attachments
Now
Now
IMAG0090.JPG (64 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
Before - wrong cam date; actually from 02.06.06 =)
Before - wrong cam date; actually from 02.06.06 =)
IMAG0056.JPG (64 KiB) Viewed 7137 times

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 24th, '06, 01:46

flipnicity wrote:two weeks ago I was debating whether I was going to cut my hair back to short or whether I should keep on growing out; it was getting really unmanageable and since my hair is wavy it was a pain to style... I ended up booking an appointment with my stylist and when I got there asked for some advice on what I should do... she told me I should keep going cuz its easy to cut hair buh hard to grow it long. so I agreed, she ended up just thinning it out and making everything even so when it grew out I would have a nice "shag"... buh then days after my "cut" I started regretting it... and wished that I had cut it short... so to make a long story short... a week after I cut it. :roll

<b><I>I wonder if I made the right decision?<b><I> :whistling:
yaaaaaaaa i like it =D verry hottt!!! you made a good decision. where did you go for ur cut?

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 24th, '06, 01:48

Yeah, I got it off Nobuta ^_^

BTW, Don't cut your hair. It may be annoying at times and look like crap for a few weeks, but hang in there. Everyone who has good hair has to go through that phase. Basically, just wear a cap until it's the right length.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 24th, '06, 02:08

yaaaaaaaa i like it =D verry hottt!!! you made a good decision. where did you go for ur cut?
thanks! this is how my hair was before I started growing it out... it had lines on the side before too... I ended up getting it cut at the place I usually go to... Donato :lol I couldnt get the lines done tho cuz it wasnt the stylist who originally cut my hair into a fauxhawk... buh oh well cant have everything.

TheCerebralAssassin: too late dude! :blink

zooeychan

Post by zooeychan » Feb 24th, '06, 02:20

ah i had a fauxhawk once.

it was equivalent to the asian mullet. my mom practically cried when she saw me come out of the salon looking "like a rooster."

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 24th, '06, 03:40

zooeychan wrote:ah i had a fauxhawk once.

it was equivalent to the asian mullet. my mom practically cried when she saw me come out of the salon looking "like a rooster."
hahahah thats funny! my mom likes my fauxhawk... shed rather have my hair like this than having it long and "messy" according to her.

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 24th, '06, 15:49

You're lucky. My dad questions my sexuality because I dye my hair and have several hair products. My mom thinks I'm a Japanophile even though I told her that I simply like the styles(although I do listen to j-rock, watch anime and doramas).

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 24th, '06, 16:13

TheCerebralAssassin wrote:You're lucky. My dad questions my sexuality because I dye my hair and have several hair products. My mom thinks I'm a Japanophile even though I told her that I simply like the styles(although I do listen to j-rock, watch anime and doramas).
thats too bad man... :-( well dont get me wrong, my parents before had the same mentality as your dad when it came to guys "dying their hair"... and it took forever to convince them, [especially my dad] to let me dye my hair... buh now they seem to be more understanding and now even my lil brother has highlights... buh if I ever came home with my ears pierced I would seriously be homeless... :whistling:

just giving them time I guess is all you can do... my dad would rather have me keep up with my appearance than going out looking like I just woke up and as for the "Japanophile" thing... its a cultural thing... you're very intrigue with Japanese culture and theres nothing wrong with that. :lol I guess I am lucky... my parents watch doramas with me and listen to k and jpop! :lol

edit: asian countries, especially Japan and Korea are very trend setting; most of the time they come out with stuff such as fashion before any European or North American countries... I like a lot of the stuff the guys on dramas wear... buh at the same time they wear stuff that you couldnt catch me dead in... :whistling: buh if you notice a lot of the stuff that's considered "trendy" now such as belt bags... people in asia were rockin them ages ago... I remember when My Sassy Girl came out in 2000, guys were already wearing PINK before pink was even "allowed" for guys... hahaha!

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 25th, '06, 05:26

Well, my mom watches lots of doramas with me lol.

chocolate615

Post by chocolate615 » Feb 27th, '06, 03:16

flipnicity, you look like the guy from Korean drama series "Secret lovers" dont you think?

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 27th, '06, 03:22

chocolate615 wrote:flipnicity, you look like the guy from Korean drama series "Secret lovers" dont you think?
I havent seen it... is that a bad thing that I look like this person? :unsure:

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 27th, '06, 03:24

flipnicity wrote:
chocolate615 wrote:flipnicity, you look like the guy from Korean drama series "Secret lovers" dont you think?
me neither.. care to show a pic?

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Feb 27th, '06, 05:02

whisperss_57 wrote:
flipnicity wrote:
me neither.. care to show a pic?
Sorry to butt in...but here is the pic; i think there's some resemblance :-)
Attachments
secret_lovers_choi_do_kyeong.jpg
secret_lovers_choi_do_kyeong.jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 7481 times

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 27th, '06, 05:06

:blink I dont look like that! I find that kind of insulting. :glare:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 27th, '06, 05:30

omg flipnicity, rest assured u do not bear any resemblance to that guy...

but there i was, feeling sleepy at work, when i saw that pic and couldnt help but burst out laughing!!! :lol its wayyy too far-fetched :mrgreen:

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Feb 27th, '06, 05:32

flipnicity wrote::blink I dont look like that! I find that kind of insulting. :glare:
Believe me that photo doesn't do the actor justice...he's quite handsome if you watch the drama - really!!! He's actually better looking that the lead actor in that drama. I guess I said there's some resemblance b/c he doesn't look like your typical korean, but more like a filipino, sorta like Eric Moon too. Don't take offence pleaseeeeeeeeee...II'm sorry if you did.

flipnicity

Post by flipnicity » Feb 27th, '06, 12:52

its alright <b>Ohlala</b>... I jus dont think I look like him thats all... X____x buh as u mentioned he doesnt really look like your "typical korean"...

buh seriously Ive gotten every asian nationality all except my own - just yesterday I was with my mom at this chinese furniture store and was jus waiting when people started coming up to me saying: "Excuse me... how much is this?" all I could say was: sorry I dont work here. >___>

@furelise: thank u! I feel rest assured! =)!

TheCerebralAssassin

Post by TheCerebralAssassin » Feb 27th, '06, 16:24

My friend tells me I'm more Korean than most koreans he knows, considering that I work in a Korean Dry Cleaners and hang out in Flushing(which is mostly Chinese and Korean. My chinese friend calls me an "FJ" which I think means a Korean merchant.

itzjustfranciz

Best Hair? Pictures?

Post by itzjustfranciz » Jun 12th, '06, 20:40

anybody got any pictures of stars with the bestest hair?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 13th, '06, 02:15

merged...

jonnyboi

Post by jonnyboi » Jul 31st, '06, 07:02

hey u guys i juz need to know how long my hair has to grow out until i can get a "shaggy cut" similar Lee Dong Wook in MY GIRL. Plus CerebralAssassin is the dep sculpting thing really strong? Cause im using garnier fructis wax and its good for the first few hours but my hair eventually returns to its normal state.

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Jul 31st, '06, 15:57

Hi,

Anyone know of a good Asian salon in the NYC/NJ area? I'm actually from Central Jersey but I go into the city a lot... and I am in desperate need of a cute haircut :D

Thanks!