Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

What you guys do with the dramas?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

What you guys do with the dramas?

Post by YouShan » Feb 12th, '06, 05:21

After you guys finish downloading certain dramas and fell in love with them. It is very hard to delete it off the hard drive to make room for another drama. What do you guys do with the dramas you fell in love with. Do you only keep those you love or you keep everything?

SHiNB0

Post by SHiNB0 » Feb 12th, '06, 05:22

i keep everything cause i got a crapload of space.... :D

Trebicyem

Post by Trebicyem » Feb 12th, '06, 05:24

I keep the one I like,
Delete the one I did not,
Then talk about the good one to all my friends
and if any of em is interested I share em :D

kookieazn

Post by kookieazn » Feb 12th, '06, 05:25

i just burn all the eps and their respective subs on to a cd and then delete them. i usually burn all the series that i watch just in case i want to watch them again later. saves space on my laptop

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Feb 12th, '06, 05:31

I keep everything. I run low on space and burn stuff to data DVD-R. Then I fall behind on downloads. I usually don't even watch most of the stuff before I burn it.

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Feb 12th, '06, 05:39

I backup every drama series on dvdr but I still keep all dramas on harddrives for serving on mirc.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 12th, '06, 05:41

Trebicyem wrote:I keep the one I like,
Delete the one I did not,
Then talk about the good one to all my friends
and if any of em is interested I share em :D
:)

Poochy

Post by Poochy » Feb 12th, '06, 05:44

I'm with rico, as you never know when that hard drive is going to die. :D

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Feb 12th, '06, 05:45

neonkinpatsu wrote:I keep everything. I run low on space and burn stuff to data DVD-R. Then I fall behind on downloads. I usually don't even watch most of the stuff before I burn it.
Sounds about right... :P I do the same thing, but will tend to keep Toyohara's dramas on on my hard drive as long as I have the space so I can continue to seed his stuff. It's still all burned to DVD, though, and I'll reload as necessary (any dramas I have, not just his). I usually fall behind in getting things burned off because I'm holding out on hopes that there might be soft subs available soon and I can burn it all together. But as soon as I need space, they get burned to make way for new.

And I keep everything I download. I never know when something is going to grab my interest when it didn't at first.

halozz

Post by halozz » Feb 12th, '06, 06:09

the ones i download are usually the ones i love.. so i burn everything to cdr...

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Feb 12th, '06, 06:11

I keep them on 2 of my HDD's, 500GB :) :D
I dont like burning them on DVD cause knowing me, I'll just lose them :D

canon05

Post by canon05 » Feb 12th, '06, 06:17

I usually keep the dramas I like and delete the ones I didn't like.

Schala

Post by Schala » Feb 12th, '06, 06:21

I burn the ones I really like and think I might watch again down the road. The ones I'm not overly impressed with, I just delete.

Sometimes, I burn the drama before even watching it. I have a dvd player that plays divx files, so that way I can lay on my bed and be comfy while I watch it. ^o^

Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Feb 12th, '06, 06:35

Can't believe some of you delete these files after downloading them. You spend all that time downloading those files and then just because you either do not like the drama or are running out of hd space you delete them.

For me I download everything to my hard drive. I then back up all the files with subs if they come with them as a data file to dvd-r or dvd+r discs. I can fit six 700mb file on one dvd-/+r disc or eleven 350mb files on one dvd-/+r disc. If I really like a drama I will then record them to a dvd-/+r disc so I can watch them on my Tv. Or make copies of them and share with my friends. I could never delete these files.

Plus what is with some of you putting these on cdr's. With the cost of dvd burners under $40 and blank dvd-/+r's costing $0.20 each what a waste still using a cdr burner.

babiieguryl

Post by babiieguryl » Feb 12th, '06, 06:48

Well I delete all of them and go out to buy the real dvds (one's that I like) :heart:
Attachments
weeee.jpg
weeee.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 8407 times

DataSpy

Post by DataSpy » Feb 12th, '06, 11:01

I keep everything also, even if I don't like it, you can always share with a friend :).

uniquo

Post by uniquo » Feb 12th, '06, 11:11

I plan on encoding them to mpegs - hardsubed as I have never(yet) seen such good quality... I talk about the 700 mb version. So I can pack I'm hoping the whole goong series on 1 dvd.

aSn*GrL

Post by aSn*GrL » Feb 12th, '06, 11:16

hey people...
how do u burn it on dvd?
u must convert it first right??
i dunno how to convert..=S
cuz i don wanna delete it from my pc..
i really love the drama's

skachild

Post by skachild » Feb 12th, '06, 11:25

i will bun all the drama into CD or DVD coz im only have 40Gb in my harddisc :cry: ...!
but of coz i will kept a little bit longer for the drama that i just download so that i can seed it (usually i will seed/upload a single file download to 1Gb bfore i burn to DVD and delete the file) .. :roll

This is the drama that i download from d-addicts:
Super Rookie ep1-20, Win ter sonata ep8-18, Forbidden Love ep1-11, Hero ep1-11, Beautiful life ep1-11, Pride ep1-11, Unstuck in time ep1-22, to catch the uncatchable ep1-4 Chinese Paladin ep1-22, Devil beside you ep1-14 :salut: :cheers:

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 12th, '06, 11:33

I keep all the files on my external storage drive thing, connecting to my internet connection router. Hopefully one of the days i will afford a big tv and watch it through a pc connected to it >_<

ali-chan

Post by ali-chan » Feb 12th, '06, 12:49

I burn all of 'em on dvd´s, but I watched them before, while I´m sharing on bittorrent :w00t:

BoX

Post by BoX » Feb 12th, '06, 13:40

So far, I tend to burn everything on DVD's (recently started to use DL, to save space). But I'm also thinkig of buying new huge external HDD, because I use both PC and laptop and it's annoying to transfer constantly data.

@aSn*GrL: About burning DVD - it depends on what you want to do - to play it on standard dvd player and TV or just on PC. If it's ony for PC usage, then you can simply put several avi files on single dvd and burn it as data, just like usual cds. If you want to use it with dvd player you will have to use some software to convert it and create DVD-Video ( there is tutorial in TechTalk section on this topic).

Tao Libra

Post by Tao Libra » Feb 12th, '06, 14:02

Schala wrote:I have a dvd player that plays divx files…
Will your DVD player also play XviD files? I have been told that anything capable of playing DivX will also play XviD, because the codecs are very similar (or something like that), but I have no idea whether that's true. It doesn't sound likely… but then again, my DivX-player software seems to play XviD files (even without the XviD codec installed -- I tested it), so maybe it's true…

If it IS true, then I definitely want one of those players.

BoX

Post by BoX » Feb 12th, '06, 15:28

Yes, there are DVD players that are capable of playing MPEG4 streams (like xvid and divx). But bear in mind that this codecs are constantly developing and not all movies can be played on such player. My parents got one samsung and some movies just won't run :crazy:.

Schala

Post by Schala » Feb 12th, '06, 16:14

BoX wrote:Yes, there are DVD players that are capable of playing MPEG4 streams (like xvid and divx). But bear in mind that this codecs are constantly developing and not all movies can be played on such player. My parents got one samsung and some movies just won't run :crazy:.
Well so far all the dramas and movies I've downloaded have played just fine. There are actually a few dramas that will have screwy pictures though. They look like they have copy protection or something. o_O But they'll play fine if I play it on my computer.....so I dunno. Denchi Ga Kirerumade was like that, for example.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Feb 12th, '06, 16:27

for me i dont like to store dvd-rs w/o proper casings and covers for the dramas, so i tot i'd keep them in an external hd. one day it got corrupted and all my stuff was gone. a nightmare i wldnt even want to recall...

Rinoa Heartilly

Post by Rinoa Heartilly » Feb 12th, '06, 17:36

I like to keep everything on a hard drive because I'm liable to lose something if I burn everything to DVDs. My 75GB hard drive just recently got filled up, and so I went out and got 250GB one.

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Feb 12th, '06, 23:50

I wish I could keep everything i download, or even burn them, but lack of money and time doesn't let me do that. So what I generally end up doing is deleting them to make more space, unless it maes my "top 5" list. in which case I have the painfull task of deleting something *else* on my top 5 list.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Feb 12th, '06, 23:51

Since I share a computer with my brother, I have to delete them sooner or later and I don't mind because I still have the drama in my mind

pr1nc355sp4rk13

Post by pr1nc355sp4rk13 » Feb 12th, '06, 23:59

i burn them onto a dvdr..when my memory is low...eventually i'll just buy an external harddrive and put the dramas on there and just take it to college

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Feb 13th, '06, 00:18

i delete the ones i didn`t like, and delete the ones i watched already, and thought were ok. if i like one drama a lot, i burn them onto data disks, so i can open them up on my computer next time to watch it. and i buy the ones i totally love, so i can have the package and everything haha.

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Feb 13th, '06, 00:22

Wow, so many people resort to burning them. Some of the files I tried to burn are corupted, but I'll try to fix it.

I also burn them when I'm low on memory. There are a lot of good dramas out there! :lol

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Feb 14th, '06, 03:34

I burn them all... and delete them all after I finished watching them.
I don't have enough space for keeping them on my HDD... ^^

And after I burned them, they become a nice case and a great place somewhere in my shelf... haha... ^^

I have too many Drama that I really love. So I can't relaly keep one on my HDD... Whenever I find a new great series... I'd feel bad about deleting the old one... So I just delete everything... ^^v I even burn stuff, I'm sure that I won't finish watching... :sweat:

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Feb 14th, '06, 03:38

I delete most of the series...usually after each episode or 2...unless I'm totally in love with it and it's something I can imagine watching again. Then I make fancy DVD-videos with it XD
The stuff I usually burn are concerts and PVs. Those I know I can watch 1000 times.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Feb 14th, '06, 03:40

yep. i usually delete after watching 1 or 2 episode if the drama was okay. the one that i like such as 1 litre of tears,my husband 2003,love revolution and such i burn to dvd. i haven't try to burn kdrama yet since they take a lot more space than jdrama

drZero

Post by drZero » Feb 14th, '06, 03:54

i burn everything as data file, even if i don't like it. The ones i like i burn 2 copies (1 for keep safing and the other for viewing/seeding :D )

Fang_jing

Post by Fang_jing » Feb 14th, '06, 04:06

I transfer my favourite files to a 40 GB portable hardrive (a good investment for me, since I tend to use up the HDD of my laptop quickly).

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 14th, '06, 04:08

i burn them onto a DVD and watch it on my DivX player... or sometimes... i will burn them into DVDs... and show off to my friends who don't know anything about series or where to get them... LOL

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Feb 14th, '06, 04:11

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Feb 14th, '06, 04:15

I burn them all. AT first i would burn them on cd-r then later on i would burn onto dvdrs but when my friends were complaining about not being able to view them i started burning them onto cd-r's again. I have soooo many cds since most of the drama i download are 700mb. so its a cd a episode. i buy 100 cd-rs every other month :|

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Feb 14th, '06, 05:18

[quote="Kamui6"]

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Feb 14th, '06, 16:20

note to self, by more desk space for my spindles :)
Neon reminded me.

ap

Post by ap » Feb 14th, '06, 17:11

techie wrote:note to self, by more desk space for my spindles :)
Neon reminded me.
ya know, spindles are meant to be stacked on the floor, 5-6 high. just leave enough room to able to walk to the desk. :whistling:

ap

just noticed, your a mod now. ruro mustof screwed up somewhere :w00t:

Poochy

Post by Poochy » Feb 14th, '06, 17:47

neonkinpatsu wrote:
Kamui6 wrote:It hurts to loss 120gigs at once. :cry:
I know what it's like to lose ~90GB all at once though because that happened to me this past summer ;__; Still never really recovered.
I've lost a 1.2 terabyte raid array before, but fortunately it wasn't my drama collection, just some useless stuff (i.e. work). :D

Super_Nerd

Post by Super_Nerd » Feb 14th, '06, 17:48

save them on a hard drive

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Feb 14th, '06, 20:04

neonkinpatsu wrote: I know what it's like to lose ~90GB all at once though because that happened to me this past summer ;__; Still never really recovered. I spent this past weekend (stuck indoors from snow) burning every complete drama I had, totaling around 100GB onto data DVD-R. Now I have space to catch up with downloading. That is, of course, after I burn American stuff my friends lent me (Chappelle season 2, Queer As Folk seasons 1 + 2). Simultaneously I have to burn other stuff I owe 2 friends of mine from a long time ago. T__T I need another drive, maybe an external :P

I have most of my stuff in spindles. But, many of my drama DVD-R's are now in CD sleeves/envelopes in a box. I ran out of room for spindles in my desk :lol Note to self: buy more DVD-R's this week O__O
Some of the files lost were related to JTV. :whistling: That was a pain. I still have some folders, some of which contain CDRs that i need to convert but haven't had time.
ap wrote:
techie wrote:note to self, by more desk space for my spindles :)
Neon reminded me.
ya know, spindles are meant to be stacked on the floor, 5-6 high. just leave enough room to able to walk to the desk. :whistling:

ap

just noticed, your a mod now. ruro mustof screwed up somewhere :w00t:
:lol
Shelf in my closet devoted to spindles... running out of room, between spindles and shoes.

ap

Post by ap » Feb 14th, '06, 20:17

Kamui6 wrote:Shelf in my closet devoted to spindles... running out of room, between spindles and shoes.
obviously, the shoes will have to go. except maybe the 6 inch spikes :w000t:

ap

easy

Post by easy » Feb 14th, '06, 20:27

I have an external HDD, so i used to keep them, but the space becomes short, so i'm going to clear it the next time .. I'm going to delete the one's, that weren't that good .. i burn the stuff i fall in love with.

hmong_thoj

Post by hmong_thoj » Feb 14th, '06, 21:10

For me i will burn them on to dvd-r first them delete it from my hardrive. Them later on if somone needs an episode i could upload for them. Here are the k-drama i have at the moment, so please feel free to look over it.

1. green rose 2. wonderful life 3. my girl 4. super rookie 5. summer scent
6. bodiguard 7. loveholic 8. the last dance is with me 9. only you
10. my name is kim sam soon 11. phoenix 12. delightful girl choon-hyang
13. oh phil seung 14. secret lovers 15. say you love me
16. i'm sorry but i love you 17. hotelier 18. the successful story of a bright girl
19. friend 20. sprind day 21. all in 22. goong (not completed yet)
23. princess lulu (not completed yet) 24. marrying a millionaire (not completed yet)
25. my sister in law is 19 (completed drama but not subs) 26. the sweet spy (not completed yet)
27. autumm tale 28. four sister 29. let's go to the beach (not completed yet)

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Feb 15th, '06, 01:03

I'm running out of space really fast.. only 2 GB left. =/

I was thinking of buying another internal HD with enclosure, but none of them are on sale. So that means I have to wait. I want to start learning codec, converting, video editing now so I can start burning dvds that plays on dvd players. But I have no clue where to start, I can just start in videohelp, but most of the knowledge and work is already completed by the cool guys/gals. I want to start somewhere where they tell you what this and that do. Haha, I sound so weird, but I really want to learn those stuff, seem so interesting.

Damit... my laptop takes about one day just to convert rm to mpg. >_>

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 15th, '06, 01:12

I once burned a load of anime episodes to dvd, to watch on a normal dvd player for a friend at work... from the actual divx avi thingys to mastered on dvd took almost 36 pure processing time, converting to CBR, merging episodes to one big file, converting to mpeg2, authoring dvd with menu and chapters (for episodes), and burning O_o that was when i had a pc... not sure how anymore to do it on my mac :lol

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Feb 15th, '06, 01:15

Can you do stuff like that on a Mac? My last experience with macs was in 1999.

I still want to learn how to do those things from scratch. Wonder if there is any tutorials that tells you what this and that do, what this and that means. Haha.

Maybe after that, I probably want to try a Graphic Designer field on campus.

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Feb 15th, '06, 01:19

I wanna know how to do it on a mac!! but not on this ibook i use now, am currently redecorating bedroom... no room for imac so laptoops only for a month or two :cry:

i learnt by trying things and seeing if they work better, if not try another way. one program you will need is tmpegenc (which did the converting and merging for me) i think it called, and a dvd maker which does the menus/chapters!

but yup, there is definitely tutorials out there! might even be on daddicts but im to lazy to look :lol

Poochy

Post by Poochy » Feb 15th, '06, 02:11

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Feb 15th, '06, 02:12

Haha, I should do that...

which dvd maker did you use that did the menus and chapters? That's what I'm looking into.

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Feb 15th, '06, 08:08

Now, this is what I call a tutorial. THanks! :wub:

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Feb 16th, '06, 00:20

my computer had such little space. so...i bought a laptop just for downloading dramas! i transferred the dramas i had on my computer onto the lap top. it's my "drama" laptop. the most prized possession i have right now.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 16th, '06, 02:30

My burner had died a while back so my hard drive has been filling up.

A new burner just came in today so I will once again burn stuff on DVD-R and delete stuff on the hard drive.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 17th, '06, 00:16

I always burn the ones I like onto CD's. So first I have to watch like first 3 episodes to see if I like it, then start burning all of the episodes if I identify it as worth it. Like I've watched more than what I have on CD's. The ones I dont like tend to be deleted right off the time when I find it boring or worthless. Hmm didnt even finish snow white because the acting got pretty bad at the end. And Love letter K-drama is tooo slow. If I watch something again, it should be something that I would like to recommend to others. SLLOOWW and dragging dramas gets on my nerves. I'm being more picky now cuz downloading really takes up too much time and burning too.

Oh, sometimes I also download the raws first and transferring them to my xternal hd until the subs are done and start burning them.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Feb 17th, '06, 00:25

I dl, dl, dl, then I burn, burn, burn, and finally, delete. lol, dats my daily routine.....

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 17th, '06, 10:50

Download until I have less than 1GB left then burn :P then they sit in a shelf
I got 100 dvdrs from amazon a while back so I'm good for a while to come :D
I think I've only deleted 1 drama so far and that's Dragon Zakura

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 17th, '06, 21:32

Lowest wrote:Download until I have less than 1GB left then burn :P then they sit in a shelf
I got 100 dvdrs from amazon a while back so I'm good for a while to come :D
I think I've only deleted 1 drama so far and that's Dragon Zakura
lol thats exactly what i do.

mahanga

Post by mahanga » Feb 18th, '06, 02:22

well i never realized that i would watch so many so at first i would just keep them on my spacious HD, but now i just burn them after watching/seeding them to make space for more!

plus i figure i pay enough for the bandwidth in getting them that i might as well pay the quarter it takes to burn on a dvd.

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Feb 18th, '06, 05:17

I just got a 250GB Seagate from Fry's Electronic. Now I can store more space!!

ademala

Post by ademala » Feb 18th, '06, 05:31

keep the drama that i like and burn it into dvd..
after that delete everything..

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Feb 18th, '06, 05:54

i download..watch..keep and sometimes i burn it

muffin707

Post by muffin707 » Feb 19th, '06, 16:09

I back up everything onto DVD. Seems a waste to delete after spending so much time downloading. :D

swtazngurl218

Post by swtazngurl218 » Feb 20th, '06, 20:34

I like to keep them just in case i want to watch it again. I haven't really deleted any of them off of my computer yet...i should start burning them onto a disk. I am running out of hard drive space -_-

daalig

Post by daalig » Feb 21st, '06, 06:08

I never delete anything. Everything initially goes to one of my harddrives, and when they're full I'll move them to DVD. Up to about 800gb of drama. >< My important files I'll keep a Harddrive copy and a DVD copy to be on the safe side.

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by YouShan » Apr 13th, '06, 02:15

well, i dont want to create another topic
so illjust contineue this old one i made a while ago

some you guys say that you guys burn them to keep it if you like it
what if the file you burn is corrupted but you are able to play it on your computer
but when you burn it, it would not burn because the file is corrupted (there is a messy frame)
how do you guys preserve your favorite episode if you could not burn it?

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Apr 13th, '06, 03:21

Well 600 gig of hard drive space but currently 10gig free..lol..But usually once a series is complete I burn it off to dvd-r right away (looks over at his 482 dvdr in spindles in the corner which only have dorama's on it)..Recently I get myself a dual burner so, just waitin for the price of dual discs spindles to go down..

and also in regards to keeping my disc safe..I have put them in spindles with covering on them, so no dust get's on them and have a whole glass cabinet full sealed.Plus since I am the basement, the room temperature is almost 0--5 degrees always throught the year (don't ask why..i sleep with dual quilts all year around), the disc are at a nice cool temp..Plus even if i have scratches on the disc, my dvdrw is able to read it no prob.Even few yr old ones..

LYF7anatic

Post by LYF7anatic » Apr 13th, '06, 03:44

Well, let me see. I would just store those series in the hard drive. Once it's full, I'd just add more to the 2nd hard drive. Nowadays, they're cheap. Check out this deal just recently. Seagate 200GB IDE/ATA Retail Hard Drive $40 After $40 MIR 8)

Lone_Prodigy

Post by Lone_Prodigy » Apr 13th, '06, 04:05

*doesn't have a DVD burner*

Well, I guess I'll struggle along with my CDRs for now.

Question to the DVD burners... at 8x speed, doesn't it take around 70 minutes to burn a whole thing? I know that at 4x, it takes 20 minutes to burn a whole CDRW, and a DVD is around 7 times the capacity of a CD. You must be patient people.

senakun

Post by senakun » Apr 13th, '06, 04:11

i save everything, cuz... u never know...

My hard drive is as big as the universe. :lol
Lone_Prodigy wrote:*doesn't have a DVD burner*

Well, I guess I'll struggle along with my CDRs for now.

Question to the DVD burners... at 8x speed, doesn't it take around 70 minutes to burn a whole thing? I know that at 4x, it takes 20 minutes to burn a whole CDRW, and a DVD is around 7 times the capacity of a CD. You must be patient people.
Lone_Prodigy:
8x takes about 8-10 minutes, if i recall correctly, to burn a whole 4.7 GB disc. It differs slightly from burner to burner. 16x usually takes between 6 and 7 minutes. Should take less time, but hey, 6 minutes is not that long a time to wait :)

1x CD = 150 KB/s
1xDVD= 1350 KB/s

I'm not sure where you live, but if you live in the US, a great 16x burner can be had for under 40 dollars!

BENQ DW1650: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827101011
NEC ND-3550A: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827152060
Last edited by senakun on Apr 13th, '06, 04:39, edited 5 times in total.

Rainer.T88

Post by Rainer.T88 » Apr 13th, '06, 04:19

Compress and archive it in .rar in a external HDD. I only made Cover designs and casings for drama's which are really good and then burn it using a few DvD-rs.

sometimes i create a multi session dvd.. so dont have to keep the file in a HDD just burn first, anything elsejust add later