how did u come up with your nick?, avatar and siggy..

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
dima
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dima » Feb 21st, '06, 08:25

nick: I had to put something there, so I used my irl nickname

avatar: I was so sick of all you [lay]men here brandishing cute chick avatars (no offence to female 51% of d-addicts), so I had to get a male or neutral avatar, then I chose a screenie from some asian production I really liked - last time it was a cat, this time a boy. I was thinking of 이병헌 but couldn't find a suitable pic...

sig: I truly believe siggies are stupid. really. so no sigs for me

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Feb 21st, '06, 08:50

my nick : i love eating apples, i eat at least 4 a day. ahaha and my favourite colour is pink.

my avatar: most of my plants in my room are clovers.i find them to be very pretty, i believe that they are a symbol of good luck.

sig : rain !!!! he a hottie. ehehe ^______________^"

eiD

Post by eiD » Feb 21st, '06, 19:24

eiD... same tone like a bold font>>>farid...<<<<my name

avatar>>>akitsuki yamato..the main character in suzuka(manga)

sign>>>n/a

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Feb 24th, '06, 16:12

Mika Nakashima?~

skachild

Post by skachild » Feb 26th, '06, 12:28

i change my avatar & sig again...
this time from Goong/Palace k-drama cast :wub:
i change my avatar & sig because the old one is quit big haha.... :lol and know i addicted to goong already. :salut:

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Feb 26th, '06, 21:40

There are some really huge sigs...hehe

alliemon

Post by alliemon » Feb 27th, '06, 02:35

nickname: (>O>); IlikeDigimon. And Allie is a sort of nickname I've had since a baby. Just sorta smushed them together.

signature: I've currently a bit of an obsession with MatsuJun. X3; He'ssocute! :heart:

naoto

Post by naoto » Feb 27th, '06, 02:43

skachild wrote:i change my avatar & sig again...
i change my avatar & sig because the old one is quit big haha.... :lol and know i addicted to goong already. :salut:
ooh... I was looking at the sig, and I'm like "that's LMF???". Yeah I bought lmf's greatest hits cd last week, didn't really care about what they said when I was younger but now it makes sense.

dayzi

Post by dayzi » Feb 27th, '06, 02:55

nick---> dayzi as in the flower daisy

avatar---> Jane from the Mtv cartoon Daria.I always think that she was such a cool chick in her own limelight

skachild

Post by skachild » Feb 27th, '06, 03:35

naoto wrote:
skachild wrote:i change my avatar & sig again...
ooh... I was looking at the sig, and I'm like "that's LMF???". Yeah I bought lmf's greatest hits cd last week, didn't really care about what they said when I was younger but now it makes sense.
yeah.. im also a fan of LMF :thumright: but sadly LMF will not release any more album bcause there are doing it like a project band and know there are concentrate on their own band such as N.T, Anodize, DJ Tommy and etc....! i really like their 1st album.. how amazing when a band hav 16 members in it playing hardcore music... really amazed me at that time hahaha..... :lol :lol
talking about their lyrics.. all their song is about our environment, social life and expecially politics.. talking about the useless gangster, useless politician that do nothing for their people and the problem in our social life... :salut:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 05:29

hm, always wondered how you came up with your nick, groink. loved robocon myself, but i also liked that one robot that could have a helicopter fly out of his head, and turn himself into a motorcycle.

anyways.....

nick - i don't drink (alcohol), but i was interested in japanese stuff. so guess the only thing that i got 'drunk' off of was jp things. hence, jholic. after this drama site got started, however, i became a k-holic and c-holic as well. i should have just started with d-holic.

ava - it was given to me by Ruro. i believe his reasoning was that i was posting so much here, i should just work here part-time.

sig - to tell you the truth, i don't think i had a sig file for my first 2000 posts (ah, those were the days). but i'll have to change it soon. :lol

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Mar 1st, '06, 16:27

Changed up my avatar and sig

Avatar: Getsumen no Heiki Mina (Lunar Bunny Weapon Mina) each picture is of the 12 androids apart of the mina series

Signature: Is more of a small bio to Mina Tsukishiro everyone is familar with this character from the Densha Otoko series.

Intresting facts about Getsumen no Heiki Mina

Each android name is Mina

Each android has some distinguishing fruit, vegetable, or life-form for the character.

Each android serial number is in coorelation with there ages.

Each android has a rank

There is already a 26 episode story for Getsumen no Heiki Mina

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Mar 4th, '06, 01:52

My nickname is short for Nemesis... a nickname given to me by a friend back in high school days. It certainly denotes how things were between us back then - you can think "love-hate relationship" :D After a while, the guy himself shortened it to Neme-chan, and then everyone else took to it.

My avatar is Dream Theater (a progressive metal band, for those who never heard of it) fangirl-ness. The burning heart image comes from the Images and Words album, and the writing is part of the lyrics for their song "Learning to Live". :)

.. how come I don't have any good ideas for a signature? It doens't help that I'm a Photoshop newbie, either... :D

drukes

Post by drukes » Mar 4th, '06, 01:58

drukes - my pet name. family and friends call me that more often than my real name andrew. :-)
avatar - that is exactly me hiding upon my eye shades. :-)

easy

Post by easy » Mar 5th, '06, 17:16

Name: My real Name is Isabella and I'm often called Isi, which is in Germany pronounced like easy

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Mar 5th, '06, 17:21

name: jr. high... i was crabby that all my names were taken away.. i went.. what's the weirdest one i can think of.... it was more like, "are u happy now??" grr.. lol
(melanie's my real name)
avatar: it's Taebin... he's :w00t: haha i just put 2 pics of him on top of each other
sig: it's a scene from my girl. ljk and ldh seems very happy here.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Mar 5th, '06, 17:33

Name: My name, without the x's
Avatar: I had a Bi one, but when all the avatars got deleted i got lazy to put it back up again.
Sig: My Prince Shin from goong, i'm totally obsessed with this series. After watching that episode i just thought i had to make it into a sig! :lol

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 12th, '06, 13:19

hehe... :P :P change my avatar again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
this time is about sport..!!! :lol
A PIC OF RONALDINHO(BARCELONA & LAMPARD(CHELSEA) exchange their jersey after the Champions league 06 first round stage(won by barcelona) :cheers: :cheers: :thumright:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Mar 21st, '06, 00:34

Changed sig again. :w00t:
First sig = JTV sig for staff use, This one's from one of our current projects, Boku Dake no Madonna.

Second sig = 17frames from X-men :wub: , The last stand trailer.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Mar 21st, '06, 05:51

Well I like stars (well the ones in the sky)..so was I had to have "star" in my nick..Was gonna go with Deathsta, but like WTF star wars..no way in hell..I like the movie, but not gonna devote my nick to that..Then was gonna go with outlawstar from an anime, but had already that on another forum.So was gonna put blackhole, but then just decided to make up some crap and thus the name became "blackstarjr"..didn't wanna go senior cus would seem I was like in my 50's..lol..

Sig: All I have to say is "For the love of Ito Misaki"...

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 21st, '06, 05:54

SEJABIN - a.k.a. Princess.

Let's just say I'm suffering from a bad case of Goong Fever!
LoL.

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 21st, '06, 06:14

Nick: Comes from my real name. My first name means Crown in ancient greek, so I took kanmuri which is the japanese equivalent. Kurisumasu refers to my last name, which means Christmas.

Avatar: Currently it is Matsumoto Jun, a screen cap from Tokyo Tower I took and modified. I might change soon.

Signature: Signature 1 is from Mago Mago Arashi of 03.11.06 I think. I just like when Ohno and Nino are affectionate toward one another because they are so cute. As for signature 2 it is a pic of Matsujun with a Shakespeare quote.

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 21st, '06, 06:37

i was wondering how to add on avatar .. i used to be able to do it but now only adding url is allowed??
is it the same for you guys?? And also regarding sig .. wow.. you guys made all those ... so interesting.. how do one go abt to make SIG ... still or moving....pls tell ^^

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 22nd, '06, 03:08

Well most of the time I find a pic I like and I play with it in Photoshop until it gives the result I want. To make it move you need to make an animated gif, which is basically a picture with several layers that are shown one after another creating the illusion of movement. I usually do mine with screen caps, and need to play with print screen a whole lot before I get the exact shot I want.

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 22nd, '06, 10:55

hi... its me again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
this time i change my sig :P :P
the 1st one pic is from H2~Kimi to itahibi drama ( all the main cast) really love tis drama, i watch it like 3 times last week :lol :lol
dunno about the second 1.. got it on frienster(at my friend testimonial) so i just put it in my sig, it something about the ring movie rite.. but tis ghost can bleed & die lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gohan127

Post by gohan127 » Mar 22nd, '06, 11:28

nick: dbz got me addicted to anime, I've been watching the series trough my whole teenage years. my real name is Johan, and i really liked gohan. 127 is just to make me unique. it is just a number that relates to nothing around me.
avatar: it's my main character in guildwars! that game got me so hooked last summer, i got 1300+hours atm, since i found d-addicts i started playing less :-( i can't believe ninetailed fox had such an impact on my life.
sign: none yet, but i do know 1 I'm gonna upload as soon as i got time!

gyoza

Post by gyoza » Mar 23rd, '06, 03:14

Nick: Few years ago when I didn't know any Japanese I wanted to 'adopt' a fake Japanese name. Since they knew I didn't know any, my friend suggested 'gyoza' and I happily accepted, not knowing that it meant 'fried dumpling'. Oh well, could have been worse. :)

edekba

Post by edekba » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:40

edekba = A thai phrase that was used for me when i was younger tho i changed it around. Basically it means the crazy kid, when your parents are scolding you or being mad @ you.I was called I Dek Ba (male) but i think EdekBa looked cooler which is the same thing but refering to females. :-x

i/e - The
dek - Child
ba - Crazy

avatar/sig - eh ... too lazy to do nething w/that stuff

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 17th, '06, 10:59

new sig... from a drama call Sorry i love you. :wub:
:mrgreen:

MyAuspiciousWish

Post by MyAuspiciousWish » Apr 20th, '06, 17:39

I have big dreams but there's one that I absolutely hope it'd come true...So that's why it's called myauspiciouswish...=D the avatar is my favorite actor...

Diabolix

Post by Diabolix » Apr 21st, '06, 00:57

For my nickname...I'm a real sword lover so I always dreamed of the "perfect blade" and the name I would give it would be Diabolix. That's why it's Diabolix.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Apr 21st, '06, 01:45

I used to be an anime freak (still am, but less than I used to be) and I was still in my tomboy phase (still am, but less than I used to be) when I saw Hunter x Hunter. I thought that Satotz was really badass, and decided to adopt a romanised version of his name, changing the "t" to a "d" to make it less recogniseable.

wai_muna

Post by wai_muna » Apr 21st, '06, 08:39

wai = my middle name
muna = my 1st name....

i dont have any avatar yet :P

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 28th, '06, 16:36

JTV sig - created by Kukuri for DA
Blue dancer - I was watching a reggeaton vid and i like blue. :lol

ItohMisaki's_FAN

Post by ItohMisaki's_FAN » Apr 28th, '06, 21:57

Nick: I recently saw Densha Otaku and Itoh Misaki was simply stunning.

Avatar: I'm a pretty big Pearl Jam fan...

Sig: Self explinatory

teamFun

Post by teamFun » Apr 29th, '06, 15:36

LOL... skachild has changed sigs quite a number of times... currently it's Utada Hikaru from her COLORS PV right? I love that PV it's really pretty :lol

My nick is sort of a tribute to Hideo Kojima's stealth action game Metal Gear Solid, with team standing for Tactical Espionage Action Man (referring to the protagonist, Solid Snake)... Sorta like the song "secret agent man", just not... and Fun is really my last name... no really, I get a lot of comments on that... >_<!!

My avatar is of Matsu Takako, also a tribute to her since she got me into J-drama and J-Pop in the first place with Long Vacation and Yume no Shizuku respectively...

My sig basically is a Latin quote from Isaac Newton, which basically translates to: "Plato is my friend, Aristotle is also my friend, but my greatest friend is truth"... It's sorta a testament that despite all the great minds and being fans of people and their works, it is important that we do not reject or deny the truth in favour of our biases towards these things... :lol

skachild

Post by skachild » Apr 30th, '06, 12:17

teamFun wrote:LOL... skachild has changed sigs quite a number of times... currently it's Utada Hikaru from her COLORS PV right? I love that PV it's really pretty :lol l
haha... :lol :lol u noticed it, i tot no one realized it hehe... :P :P :P
when i think back.. i really changed my sig alot... at first it was the LMF, then goong, after that its 1 liter of tears.. the again is sorry i love you... :unsure: :unsure: and know utada hikaru... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
actually i don know what MV it was... just i suddenly i really like black color.. so i change it with utada hikaru & also my avatar misaki ito.. also in black.. :whistling: :whistling:

jonasr_jp

Post by jonasr_jp » Apr 30th, '06, 12:54

Nick Jonas is my name the R stands for my family name Rönnegård, and the JP is there to show my geekiness for japan.

Avatar I guess it's just a lame picture of myself, nothing to say about that.

Signature a picture of Osaka from Ikoma, a picture of me and my gf and a picture of some fireworks in Nara. There is also a link to my travel diary, where i write about my travels to japan.

teamFun

Post by teamFun » Apr 30th, '06, 18:57

skachild wrote:haha... :lol :lol u noticed it, i tot no one realized it hehe... :P :P :P
when i think back.. i really changed my sig alot... at first it was the LMF, then goong, after that its 1 liter of tears.. the again is sorry i love you... :unsure: :unsure: and know utada hikaru... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
actually i don know what MV it was... just i suddenly i really like black color.. so i change it with utada hikaru & also my avatar misaki ito.. also in black.. :whistling: :whistling:
Haha... how could I not notice? That is one of my favourite PVs of all time... Utada is simply gorgeous in the PV! I would upload it, but I am not 100% sure of what the rules are here... I know that there are certain content you can't upload though...

On top of that, if I did upload it, it will probably be on rapidshare or yousendit since I am not sure how to create and upload torrents... :lol LOL...

But if anyone wants it and it's ok to upload it, I will happily oblige :-)

yurrie

Post by yurrie » Apr 30th, '06, 19:08

nick .. my name ...

siggy... my love!!!!!! :wub:

oberon

Post by oberon » May 2nd, '06, 15:00

nick: oberon, is the king of elves from "A midsummer's nightdream" written by Shakespeare

avatar: Doreamon, old skool manga/anime!! yeah

sig: is from the movie XXX, it is a very bad movie, but I liked it when Vin Diesel said this.

caryncyh

Post by caryncyh » May 2nd, '06, 15:13

nick: comes from my name: Caryn Chin Yean Hui with the last three letters the acronym of my name.

avatar: currently very much smitten over Lee Jun Ki and i thought this picture of him was a lil "freaky" looking since he rarely does pictures like this.

sig: pretty much self-explanatory. i openly admit that i am LeeHom's whore so yeah.. :wub: the four line stanza is part of a short elegy i wrote. this is the full elegy in case anyone's wondering.

The heavy drops of rain do hit,
On the grave of my love I sit,
And a thousand tears I cry,
Till my insides are all dry.

Where are you now my Lord?
I thought I had your word,
You knew that we were meant to be,
Yet you took him away from me.

A thorn plants itself in my cold heart,
I hurt with every beat of my heart,
I yearn for every moment with him,
But there were too few moments with him.

I shudder as I kiss his cold lips,
I could feel my heart torn into bits,
As I lay him to eternal sleep,
My heart follows where he now lays deep.

it is pretty depressing but yeah...

teamFun

Post by teamFun » May 3rd, '06, 01:49

@caryncyh - LOL... that is quite depressing, but beautifully written nonetheless :-)

KoreanMania

Post by KoreanMania » May 15th, '06, 13:29

nick - KoreanMania : a total Korean freak :lol

avatar - thus, the South Korea flag :D

sig - For the upcoming World Cup 2006... Tae~han min guk, Hwaiting!!! :cheers:

Prowler_88

Post by Prowler_88 » May 16th, '06, 13:29

Nick - Iron Maiden song (rerecorded in 1988)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 18th, '06, 11:21

Nick: it was my aim/aol screenname from way back when (yea...the days before broadband and aol was the only option.....probably even before netzero and metconnect was readily available) and the name just sort of stuck with me throughout these years~

Avatar: ah, i use to change it frequently~ i guess the last time I changed it was when I was obsessed with "The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog" *Matthew Ming Dao Lin is uber hot! was and still is!

Signature: i'm a big fan of Won Bin....and i'm too lazy to photoshop another banner~ lols

shadow20002

Post by shadow20002 » May 18th, '06, 13:18

Well, i take this nick just because my identity isn't reveal to anywhere since i was online back in 1996.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » May 19th, '06, 16:46

lilswtangel wrote:Nick: it was my aim/aol screenname from way back when (yea...the days before broadband and aol was the only option.....probably even before netzero and metconnect was readily available) and the name just sort of stuck with me throughout these years~

Avatar: ah, i use to change it frequently~ i guess the last time I changed it was when I was obsessed with "The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog" *Matthew Ming Dao Lin is uber hot! was and still is!

Signature: i'm a big fan of Won Bin....and i'm too lazy to photoshop another banner~ lols
Since you have Matthew Ming Dao as your avatar and thinks he's hot... you've got to watch "The magicians". I think it's a little corny but he's as adorable as ever. We have such good taste in men lilswtangel.

Now back to wonbin, but i feel guilty for even saying Matthew is cute. :wub: Loves wonbin forever :wub:

hitorichan

Post by hitorichan » May 21st, '06, 17:35

Name - Hitori [It's been with me ever since I was on Gaia, originally HitoriTenshi] Friends called me Hitorichan. Haha. ;D

RTR_BMS_lva

Post by RTR_BMS_lva » May 28th, '06, 07:07

nik: i thought of it as it stand for my fav tvb couples.

avatar: use any that is fungyi or tavia related.

sig: same for avatar

JenBell

Post by JenBell » May 28th, '06, 07:15

Got my avator from shk pic basically because she looks so cute in it...and my sig..thats me sleeping...pics taken by baby sis to blackmail me into giving her my PC monitor...got 4 Dell 30"...

I dont mind the pic of my face but the pic of my feet is so funny...I curl up my toes when I sleep so she took like a million photos of them because its just plain weird.

Zan

Post by Zan » May 30th, '06, 15:58

I took my nickname from a song by the japanese rock band Dir en Grey which is my favourite and my avatar rapresents Shinya, the drummer. In the signature I mixed all my favourite stars... *LOVE*
Both, are made by me ;D

hagin

Post by hagin » May 31st, '06, 08:20

I choose bec. i like bonnie in harry potter and daniel

ukbratboy

Post by ukbratboy » Jun 2nd, '06, 07:09

I used to be a brat and spent a lot of time in UK :-)

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 19th, '09, 14:56

kuro meaning black in japanese since well... its my favorite color and I'm not creative enough to come up with names I just stuck to it lol, the 570 in it is well... the 3 numbers is the total kills i got in socom in 2 weeks worth of playing ><

Avatar and Sig is Hikki I think I'm in love with her lol

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 19th, '09, 16:01

groink wrote:Ska is KILLER!!!!!!!!! Favorite ska bands are The Tantra Monsters (based in Hawaii) and Fishbone.

"groink" came from a fanzine I used to read back in the 1980's. It was also a sound I used to make while in chatrooms during the early days of IRC (late 1980's.) One time, an MP standing guard at Pearl Harbor saw my license plate "GROINK". He told me it's a word from Calvin & Hobbes, although I've never bothered to confirm this piece of information.

My avatar (as of this post) is ROBOCON, a childish tokusatsu character created by TOEI (now TV Asahi), and televised in Japan during the early 1970's. He's my all-time favorite tokusatsu character! I've written articles about him, including a scenario where he kicks the crap out of the other TOEI super heroes because of his long arms and body armor.

--- groink
Thank you so much for this, you have brightened my day! :clap:
I've been curious about this for a long time. :lol

My turn, very simple.
Nickname: Taken from the movie Moon Child. One of the main characters named Kei, added 'ko' make it a female name, and added my year of birth.
Avatar: Varies, sometimes Gackt a musican I like, sometimes my family's black Golden Retriver/Labrador. :-)
Another time I had a sunflower, I like the Swedish summer season the most.
Signature: Use it to inform about VSSing

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 19th, '09, 16:21

my nick which of course would never change until i stop using D-addicts is one of the most questions im used on getting... it means biniBningPunkista (which should be spelled as Binibining Punkista) means Lady-binibini Punkista-Punk. why have i thought of using it? simple, i love the punk music but somehow mellowed along the way but i still enjoy it up to this day.

my avatar and siggy changes A LOT. it varies on the actor/actress and drama's i am hooked up with and what i am watching. but only one thing stays... the link that it leads to: my fan-fic site. ^_^v

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Feb 19th, '09, 19:07

I was in jr. high....I was just angry I couldn't get an email address with my name (this isn't even the correct way to spell my name). Nowadays I go by a different username... I just didn't think to change it when I registered for d-addicts

my signatures and avatar's are always changing...
avatar: it's Aaron Yan (farhenheit). His smile's just sparkly :lol
siggie: lol I am a bishie addict. Originally from a wallpaper I made... it started with yamapi and JJ's boots (they had cool looking black boots). Then I added Jin because it'll look weird without him.... then I got into a Wu Chun phase and just added him after the fact.

fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Feb 20th, '09, 05:23

uhmm....

fj = for my true nick noheart = i love the villain in care bears

avatar = trying to mimick noheart...the hood and keep your face concealed

siggy = just my idols and my art site (just want to share)

IcemanNorth

Post by IcemanNorth » Feb 20th, '09, 06:08

My nickname I stole from Wing Commander 1. One of the pilots had a callsign called Iceman. The devs of that most likely took it from Top Gun.

My avatar is the Coat of Arms of the County in Germany, I grew up in. The City and the County have the same name, and the county Coat of Arms looks cooler then the one from the city.

theotheryoungergiri

u really shouldnt use your real name

Post by theotheryoungergiri » Jan 2nd, '11, 05:12

agiri wrote:nick: my name's anisha giri. hence anisha giri. simple enough right?

avatar: took a good 30 mins to make, but it was inspired by my undying love for BI.

signature: it's called: good, old fashioned advertisement for the fanfic i'm currently writing featuring: surprise, surprise, BI!. Lol. Also took a b.tch load of time to make. >_>;;

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Jan 2nd, '11, 08:19

felguard: A character from Warcraft III and World of Warcraft. He is a demon from the underworld.

joisebizkit828

Post by joisebizkit828 » Jan 8th, '11, 15:00

it is just my name and part of the name of my favorite band at that time(Limp Bizkit)..... i have been using this name for 10years+... been wanting to change it because i dont like this band anymore~~~

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jan 8th, '11, 15:12

the name was made up by my brother and I stole it XD

the avatar and sig was made by me and they are TVXQ - DBSK :)