Chinese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 24th, '05, 21:56

聖誕快樂 !!!!!!!! :D

angelicflame

Post by angelicflame » Dec 24th, '05, 22:30

i'm chinese too!

joe ma from triumph in the skies is really handsome and triumph in the skies is one of the best HK dramas recently. didnt watch it personally but heard great reviews of it from my friends.

anyway, my fave j-dramas include hana yori dango, long vacation, shiroi kyoto.

as for HK and Taiwan ones, i usually watch them on TV. my faves include Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa.

hibiscus

Post by hibiscus » Dec 26th, '05, 04:55

Da Jia, Sheng Dan Kuai Le!

boniface

Post by boniface » Dec 28th, '05, 10:23

dude, I didn't know that Leehom might be gay either... :|
But I don't really listen to him anyways... I started noticing him more after I listened to his collaboration with Gackt. Otherwise, it was hard to connect Leehom Wang with 王力宏.

I actually don't find many of the mainland actors attractive. I like the Japanese and a few Korean actors better. Ah I feel like a traitor.

I do like, Jimmy Lin(林志颖), Alec Su(苏有朋) from a few dramas. [决代双矫] anyone?

A pic of Jimmy
Attachments
Look at all the girls around him haha
Look at all the girls around him haha
Jimmy Lin.jpg (80.34 KiB) Viewed 15255 times

haiku

hello

Post by haiku » Dec 31st, '05, 05:49

I would like to speak chinese fluently that is my new years resolution

nice meeting you guys

boniface

Post by boniface » Jan 1st, '06, 08:13

oh that's a good resolution. i hope it comes true.

Nice meeting you as well, what sorts of dramas do you like?

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Jan 1st, '06, 12:35

大家新年快樂!

sauerkraut

Post by sauerkraut » Jan 2nd, '06, 22:41

新年快樂!! 怎麼都沒人寫中文啊 呵呵 well, anyway, seems like there aren't so many chinese folks around here... i mostly watch taiwanese dramas, but i've also started watching j-dramas recently...

my fave taiwanese dramas are (in no particular order):
惡作劇之吻
海豚灣戀人
薰衣草
愛情合約
仙劍奇俠傳
but i've also watched lots of other dramas... great stuff... :mrgreen:

pe3kabo0

Re: hello

Post by pe3kabo0 » Jan 7th, '06, 15:50

haiku wrote:I would like to speak chinese fluently that is my new years resolution
same! im learning mandarin and my cantonese is terrible ><

Pink*Paradise

Post by Pink*Paradise » Jan 7th, '06, 18:27

I'm chinese too^^ but i live in vienna (austria)...:D

I can speak mandarin, cantonese, german, english and I'm learning french now^^

Chenjamin

you dont have to download full house to watch it

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 7th, '06, 18:40

boniface wrote:Yeah, there are lots of Chinese sites to download from. ^^; I think most of us here are not in China?

But I want to watch Full House so much. I've heard so much and it's rated high on the favorite K-drama list. I recognize some actors in there, and it just looks nice.

Yet I'm currently downloading Nobuta no Produce and the Ryo Nikishido drama(forgot the name)....
hey did you know that you dont have to download full house to watch it. You can watch it on YOutube.com
Many fans have just uploaded episodes for you to view on Youtube, the three that i saw are Full House, Love Contract, and My MVP Valentine, they are all on Youtube.com

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 7th, '06, 18:53

i have watched so many series, there is like no stop..... Eh, to tell you the truth, FUll House was really good but Love Contract was not so great, My MVP Valentine was fun to watch the basketball part but the acting was sort of horrible (I am a basketball fan). I would recommend any of the Jing Yong's Wuxia Series, I love those,
I recommend: Duke of MOunt Deer(andy lau version), Tian Long Ba Bu(2003 version), Xiao Ao Jiang Hu(2000 version), Yi Tian Du Long JI (alec su version), Return of the Condor Heroes (Louis Koo version),
I do not recommend Jing Yong's Lian Cheng Jue (it was boring)
Cant wait till Return of Condor Heroes 2006 come out (Liu Yi Fei is a good actress)
Currently watching : Xian JIan Qi Xia Zhuan (sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet series)
O yes, I love almost all the funny TVB Series, i have watched too many too name
I do not recommend taiwanese series like Outsiders, Westside story or watsoever, the acting seems worse than my school play

skachild

Post by skachild » Jan 8th, '06, 08:07

hey chenjamin... u & me are the same ah! also like wuxia drama haha..im also currently watching Xian JIan Qi Xia Zhuan(the best wuxia drama i have ever watch) :thumright: LYF is quit cute in the drama rite haha... :wub: . did u finish watching Xian JIan Qi Xia Zhuan already... ? im just untill ep-17.. ep18 not yet available at d-addicts.com 8)
im also waiting for ROCH 06 (also still got LYF & her act r very good)... hope tis drama really be release at the end of this month.. :mrgreen:
ROCH 95 are my favourite... cast by lousi koo & carmen lee, do u know where i can download tis drama(wit original voice, cantonese).? :O
did u watch twin brothers drama from tvb..? quit good & got a lot of wuxia scene :salut:

Last edited by skachild on Jan 8th, '06, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Unknowns

Post by Unknowns » Jan 8th, '06, 08:31

Im vietnamese, but i love chinese stuff.. I want to learn chinese so bad. So later dont need any translation or anything, just watch the series and understand..

Currently watching Chinese Paladin (Xian JIan Qi Xia Zhuan),, This is a very good series,
Been a while, didnt watch TVB series.. The series in TVB seen like it getting boring. And the story is kind of the same..

cupids

Post by cupids » Jan 8th, '06, 15:31

I am chinese too!! :D

boniface

Re: you dont have to download full house to watch it

Post by boniface » Jan 11th, '06, 04:14

Chenjamin wrote:
boniface wrote:Yeah, there are lots of Chinese sites to download from. ^^; I think most of us here are not in China?

But I want to watch Full House so much. I've heard so much and it's rated high on the favorite K-drama list. I recognize some actors in there, and it just looks nice.

Yet I'm currently downloading Nobuta no Produce and the Ryo Nikishido drama(forgot the name)....
hey did you know that you dont have to download full house to watch it. You can watch it on YOutube.com
Many fans have just uploaded episodes for you to view on Youtube, the three that i saw are Full House, Love Contract, and My MVP Valentine, they are all on Youtube.com
Oh wow, that's great. I was afraid of the long downloading times :|

seems like a lot of you are learning Chinese? I hope you progress really fast

i've watched all of the old Jing Yong dramas, and every time they remake it it gets better.
It seems you guys all have good opinions of Xian JIan Qi Xia Zhuan. Is that a remake? Who is in it?

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 11th, '06, 23:24

hey skachild,
eh, i think you can download all of these series on btchina.net u must type in chinese, u can just go to yesasia.com to get teh chinese name if u dont have chinese input,
I am currently watching xian jian qi xia zhuan ( ihave watched till ep17 but i have all the episodes because i downloaded the rawversion on btchina.net)
I have the louis koo version on VCD set, got it two years ago on my trip back to china
i just learned how to download these tv series from Calcifier, now i am downloading like crazy, go to btchina.net and if that doesnt work go to bt2.btchina.net
or bt3.btchina.net
then on the bottom mid right, there is a serach box, type in chinese or copy and paste, then walah, you have the series
I have to agree that ROCH 95 was a sweet version, my uncle recommended me to it, he said the 1998 version sucked

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 11th, '06, 23:27

hey boniface
xian jian qi xia zhuan, this is the first time they made the movie i think
you are probably thinking about all the games that it had made, i say you should go download it on btchina.net the ep1-34 dvd version if u understand Chinese, the 1-38 version has horrible graphics
If you dont speak mandarin or cannot understand it to your like, then i recommend Calcifer's fan-subbed version because he did a really great job in subbing, the guy definitely knows really good translation......he ...is...incredible in english/chinese

fatr

Post by fatr » Jan 12th, '06, 01:43

my favorite series is probably still Shanghai Tan(上海滩) or "The Bund"

also, from mainland china, 大宅门 "Big Family Door?"

don't really watch much taiwanese shows, i think the only one i've watched is 天国的嫁衣 "Heaven's Wedding Dress?" which was the worst acted show i've ever seen

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 12th, '06, 02:21

Hi everybody,
so happy that not too many are writing in Chinese. I can kind of read but I have my porbs with the simplified version 'cause I am a GBT (German born Taiwanese) :thumright: So my reading skills in Tradional Chinese are definetely much better.

I really enjoy Taiwanese Drama. When I started with Meteor Garden, my Chinese wasn't that good. I could understand the whole content but there were some phrases ... ( Do you guys know Zheng Yu?) Made my mom to watch and translate for me :D
Oh, KAROKE is absolutely helping to improve reading skills. At least it helped me.

I also like to watch Japanese Drama. Do you guys know "Young Papa"? But my Japanese isn't that good, so I really have to concentrate on listening and comprehension. So exhausting. :pale:

Korean Drama are also very nice. Do you know where to get the Chinese Verion of Sweet 18 ( I watched it in Taiwan in Chinese)

skachild

Post by skachild » Jan 12th, '06, 14:55

Chenjamin wrote:hey skachild,
eh, i think you can download all of these series on btchina.net u must type in chinese, u can just go to yesasia.com to get teh chinese name if u dont have chinese input,
I am currently watching xian jian qi xia zhuan ( ihave watched till ep17 but i have all the episodes because i downloaded the rawversion on btchina.net)
I have the louis koo version on VCD set, got it two years ago on my trip back to china
i just learned how to download these tv series from Calcifier, now i am downloading like crazy, go to btchina.net and if that doesnt work go to bt2.btchina.net
or bt3.btchina.net
then on the bottom mid right, there is a serach box, type in chinese or copy and paste, then walah, you have the series
I have to agree that ROCH 95 was a sweet version, my uncle recommended me to it, he said the 1998 version sucked
oic... 8) thanx man, i will try to download at bt china.. of coz i can read chinese but not very quit good liao.. :lol
im just download xian jian qi xia zhuan at bt china.. just watch ep-28.. will finish download ep-29 2day... but still i will download from calcifer bcause of his good effort.! :salut: so thanx man... :mrgreen:

fuyuke

Post by fuyuke » Jan 12th, '06, 15:06

hi i m a chinese too :D
currently i m addicted to watching j-dorama and my favs are
nobuta wo prdouce
gokusen 1 and 2
dragon zakura
hana ri dango.
i dont really watch anymore taiwan dramas but i like the frog prince and i heard that devil beside u was quite a nice show too.
for korea shows, the only one that i could watch till the very end was full house. basically i dont really like korea show since the drama always ended up letting the girl die of some cancer. :scratch:

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Jan 13th, '06, 02:18

fuyuke wrote:hi i m a chinese too :D
currently i m addicted to watching j-dorama and my favs are
nobuta wo prdouce
gokusen 1 and 2
dragon zakura
hana ri dango.
i dont really watch anymore taiwan dramas but i like the frog prince and i heard that devil beside u was quite a nice show too.
for korea shows, the only one that i could watch till the very end was full house. basically i dont really like korea show since the drama always ended up letting the girl die of some cancer. :scratch:
omg, i am currently addicted to the exact j-dramas as you do! already finished hyd (watched it twice), dragon zakura (eps5, still waiting for hard sub version from PBfansub), nobuta no produce (i love Kame!!!), and gokusen 1 and 2 (kumiko is sooo cool!). also finished with Ai no Uta (would not recommend it unless you are a nari fan), Desha (i love shun-kun!) and Stand Up (I love all the characters there they are so good-- and so cute!). i'm watching KO One right now, quite a funny (witty is a better word i think) taiwanese drama (never been a fan of T-dramas i'm sorry). will attempt to start kimi wa petto, anego and summer snow (and the rest of the series' specials and some other J-movies i've been downloading since last year) after my exams :salut:

tinlunlau

Post by tinlunlau » Jan 13th, '06, 17:05

i'm from Toronto, Canada....chinese...parents from hong kong...etc...blah blah blah...yadda yadda yadda..
i actually help translate for Joy Sales and EMP. dealing mainly with special features for movies on their DVD's but y'know...got my experience thru doing fanscanslations on manga and translating Jackie Chan related news articles (which landed me in my contribution to the recent release of "The Myth"). and i'm not currently busy with the dvd release of "A Chinese Tall Story" starring Nicholas Tse and Charlene Choi.

curiousplay

Post by curiousplay » Jan 13th, '06, 19:38

fuyuke wrote: for korea shows, the only one that i could watch till the very end was full house. basically i dont really like korea show since the drama always ended up letting the girl die of some cancer. :scratch:
seems like the drama shows you have been watching are the heavier melodramatic type. there are actually alot of k-dramas which have a similar genre as full house that you can try :-)

curiousplay

Post by curiousplay » Jan 13th, '06, 19:40

fuyuke wrote: for korea shows, the only one that i could watch till the very end was full house. basically i dont really like korea show since the drama always ended up letting the girl die of some cancer. :scratch:
seems like the drama shows you have been watching are the heavier melodramatic type. there are actually alot of k-dramas which have a similar genre as full house that you can try :-)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 13th, '06, 20:39

Hello, can anyone recommend a good programm to change dat into avi?

boniface

Post by boniface » Jan 16th, '06, 02:20

Chenjamin wrote:hey boniface
xian jian qi xia zhuan, this is the first time they made the movie i think
you are probably thinking about all the games that it had made, i say you should go download it on btchina.net the ep1-34 dvd version if u understand Chinese, the 1-38 version has horrible graphics
If you dont speak mandarin or cannot understand it to your like, then i recommend Calcifer's fan-subbed version because he did a really great job in subbing, the guy definitely knows really good translation......he ...is...incredible in english/chinese
Oh cool, I'll watch that soon...l
I can read and speak Chinese, so that won't be a problem, but I'm glad that there's a good fansubber out there. :salut:
And also, thanks to you, I'm almost finished with watching Full House :cheers:
Ah it's such a great drama! But it's getting just a bit repetitive right now... well, only like 2 episodes left :wub:

To gixo: I'm sorry but I don't know any programs...

And to the people who are just joining us, WELCOME!! hehe

to Fatr:I loved 大宅门, and so did my parents, my grandparents... so on... It's a more mature sort of series, and the storyline is quite deep. I didn't really like the sequel though.... it was ok,but not as good.

As for japanese dramas, I just finished Nobuta... Ah it was nice, I liked the storyline a lot.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 16th, '06, 07:32

boniface wrote:I actually don't find many of the mainland actors attractive. I like the Japanese and a few Korean actors better. Ah I feel like a traitor.

I do like, Jimmy Lin(林志颖), Alec Su(苏有朋) from a few dramas. [决代双矫] anyone?
决代双矫 with Jimmy and Alec 太好玩儿了! One of my fav Tw series. 小鱼儿很可爱。

Nothing traitorish about it. Just personal preference. 我喜欢很多台湾的演员, 但是大陆也有很多很hot的男人!
sauerkraut wrote:my fave taiwanese dramas are (in no particular order):
惡作劇之吻
海豚灣戀人
薰衣草
愛情合約
仙劍奇俠傳
A technicality: 仙剑奇侠传/Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan is a Mainland make (a Hong Kong company), though it has cast members from all three areas and Singapore. (boniface, when it's not out of bandwidth, the review in my sig has some info about the series.)

愛情合約 has such a weird ending...but Mike He rocks! Ah Ken seemed a bit masochistic for some reason, taking all that abuse from Xiao Feng. And poor, poor Xiao Bai... :cry: I liked him, couch treasures aside.
Chenjamin wrote:I do not recommend Jing Yong's Lian Cheng Jue (it was boring)
I respectfully disagree. I thought Lian Cheng Jue was one of the best modern wuxia makes so far. It's definitely on my list of excellent wuxia series, and I'd list it before TLBB, Yi Tian Tu Long Ji and Xiao Ao Jiang Hu because it has better plot pacing for people who don't already know the story, doesn't concentrate on using special effects to carry the story and doesn't overdo magical or unrealistic fights. An extra lure was seeing Liu Xiao Ling Tong in a very interesting role considering his star role in 西游记so long ago. I'd highly recommend Lian Cheng Jue :thumleft:
Chenjamin wrote:...i recommend Calcifer's fan-subbed version because he did a really great job in subbing, the guy definitely knows really good translation......he ...is...incredible in english/chinese
Just a quick clarification: I'm a girl :)
fatr wrote:my favorite series is probably still Shanghai Tan(上海滩) or "The Bund"

also, from mainland china, 大宅门 "Big Family Door?"
你说的"上海滩"是个早期香港production吗?

我知道很多人喜欢“大宅门”。我还没看呢, 但是我爸妈都夸它。

现在大家在看什么连续剧? 有没有人看“血色残阳” 或者 ”八大豪侠"?

fatr

Post by fatr » Jan 16th, '06, 08:03

holy crap i just clicked on the chinese paladin link. i didn't know it was 仙剑奇侠传! lol

played that game like 10 years ago, i'm glad they made a series for it.

calcifer: 对,是的。 周润发演得太棒了! and 赵雅芝is too..hot. haha

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 16th, '06, 18:53

eh,, sorry Calcifier about that mistake
O yeah, thanks for the great fan-subs, keep the hard work.
i just downloaded EPisode 1-28 of 八大豪侠, it starts out pretty sweet, I like wuxia series so thats prolly why but i definitely though Lian Cheng Jue was a little draggy in the middle
O yeah, Xian JIan Qi Xia Zhuan is getting a little draggy in the middle righ tnow (watching ep 23) do u know when is the good part coming in, like the fighting and the comedy becuase i dont really prioritize the romantic part that much (i am a guy) But overall the show is sweet, and thanks again for your hard work!!!!

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 16th, '06, 19:12

No problem, Chenjamin. I've gotten other people thinking I'm a guy, maybe because it's assumed girls aren't interested in wuxia series.

Lian Cheng Jue was more serious than some wuxia series I've seen, though I didn't think any part of it dragged, except for some scenes when they were all stuck in the snow on the mountain. I thought that was understandably slow. Only so much you can do when you're just trying to stay alive. There was some nice intruigue involved too, and of course the search for the treasure, which I loved.

Xian Jian does start to drag a little because they delve into substories and long philisophical rants. There's not much comedy past ep 19, I'd say, so you're already past the funny stuff. Action towards the end picks up but I don't like the way it was done. Overall I'd say Xian Jian doesn't have the fighting that less fantastical series has, since they can just substitute wushu with computer graphics.

You like 八大豪侠 so far? I only started watching the 1st ep. Jeez, Fan Bing Bing's character is way too young and pretty to be the bu kuai's wife. Their costumes are also really odd. Her outfit belongs on a modern fashion show runway...A lot of modern wuxia costumes seem to go for "cool" rather than authentic, which I find annoying unless it really is a pure fantasy. But the story looks relatively interesting.

starwind159

Post by starwind159 » Jan 16th, '06, 19:36

I have to say thanx a lot to Calcifer for subbing xian jian qi xia zhuan. Hu Ge's character just cracks me up all day long and Liu Yi Fei is soo pretty.
I've been watching another series with Hu Ge, 天外飞仙. I am very surpirsed with the series in general because in the first 26 episodes there are only like five fight scenes and three of them are all full of "magic". It's kinda funny and of course, the romance is corny, but still fun to watch.
Oh yeh, I was wondering if calcifer would upload the rest of the RAWs for xian jian.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 16th, '06, 19:55

Haven't gotten a chance to watch 天外飞仙 yet, though I plan to. There's been a real revival of the fantasy plots lately. I think "Magic" fighting isn't as interesting as people really waving swords around, fake wushu or not. But anything with Hu Ge I'm all for. He's so cute in the 小倩 story.

starwind159, the raws for Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan are available at btchina.net.

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 16th, '06, 22:55

聊斋志异, MyKongFuGirlfriend, 八大豪侠, are the three series i have recently downloaded full, i got bored withmy computer so i put it to some use, i only got bitcomet for two weeks, do u think they will go after me for donwload over 30 Gigs of stuff?
O yeah, in 八大豪侠, the clothing looks pretty cool, i think that chick looks pretty hot in that "winter clothes" although they are pretty weird, I like the humor part iwth that big dude from Stephen Chow's movies. They should have just put Stephen chow in the Series, and then the show would be a top seller... But overall, i only wathced 1 episode and felt it was pretty worth while to watch, can anyone tell me antyhign about 聊斋志异, and MyKongFuGirlfriend, i just saw the cover for it and it looked pretty cool but i was wondering if they are any good? I heard ROCH 06 is going to be good, Calcifier, do u know when it will come out on btchina.net? U have helped me so much.....can i add you to my friend list.....o yeah, how do i add? Thanks again for all the awesome help you gave......ALL HAIL TO THE MAGNIFICENT QUEEN CALCIFIER!!!!!!!!

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 16th, '06, 22:58

聊斋志异,,,,, o yeah,
聊斋志异 has all those actors and actresses jimmy lin, hu ge, and a bunch of chicks....i say you should watch it if u like watching the new generation acting....its pretty sweeet

osakana

Post by osakana » Jan 19th, '06, 06:07

I'm Chinese~ I don't speak it very fluently though, because I never went to school in China. D: But I understand and speak enough to communicate my everyday thoughts.

My parents actually get me drama series as a way of encouraging me to study Chinese. ...I guess it's working. ^^;

boniface

Post by boniface » Jan 21st, '06, 09:17

Chenjamin wrote:聊斋志异,,,,, o yeah,
聊斋志异 has all those actors and actresses jimmy lin, hu ge, and a bunch of chicks....i say you should watch it if u like watching the new generation acting....its pretty sweeet
haha *perks up* Jimmy Lin? I'll check it out.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Jan 21st, '06, 09:24

I just saw Senorita 100% and omg... it got so draggy. It started off okay, but well. Those annoying IM people and Xiao Feng's clumsiness is so unbearable. Poor Wallace, he had to play such a boring character.

boniface

Post by boniface » Jan 22nd, '06, 22:58

I feel like an idiot, but what's 聊斋志异 in English?
Is it here at D-addicts?

What's Senorita 100%? But wow that sounds boring bleh.

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 23rd, '06, 05:28

boniface wrote:I feel like an idiot, but what's 聊斋志异 in English?
Is it here at D-addicts?

What's Senorita 100%? But wow that sounds boring bleh.
eh....I really dont know either lol,,,, i dont even know what those words say....not to mention meaning....lol...but i know that if you copy and paste and then go to btchina.net and type it in
u can find it
and download it....
sorry...just trying to help :-(

fufu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fufu » Jan 23rd, '06, 06:25

《聊斋志异》 is novel compose of many different short stories. It's a very very VERY very famous book written in Chinese history. The short stories are mythical and are usually about some strange things (like ghosts, a painter that can make his paintings turn real, etc...)

Maybe some of you are probably familiar with that famous Hong Kong movie, "A Chinese Ghost Story", which stared Leslie Cheung and Joey Wong. That is a short story from 《聊斋》.

Sorry, I don't know how to translate the title to English either :unsure:

Actually, I just want to know which episodes does Hu Ge appear in :wub:

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 23rd, '06, 23:34

wow, thanks for such indepth chinese information

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 24th, '06, 04:46

聊斋/Liao Zhai is the name or penname of the author, I believe. He made ghost/supernatural stories, especially those about fox spirits, very famous. There's a common trend in his stories about fox spirits (usually female) where he breaks the cliche of them being evil, heartless beings leeching off helpless humans and turns the tables, making them the protagonists instead. Pretty much all of his female fox spirits are the (often tragic) heroes.

fufu, Hu Ge appears in the story "Xiao Qian." ep 34, 35, something like that. Not sure as I haven't gotten the whole series yet.

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Jan 24th, '06, 05:08

so these are a group of short stoires?, taht is sweet, that means less commitment and simply watching them as movies....thanks calcifier and fufu for such enlightenment

cow

Post by cow » Jan 24th, '06, 12:43

Calcifer wrote:聊斋/Liao Zhai is the name or penname of the author, I believe. He made ghost/supernatural stories, especially those about fox spirits, very famous.
no. 聊斋志异 is written by 蒲松龄

heres is a very good general bkgd of 聊斋志异 written in simplified cn
http://www.ccnt.com.cn/literature/wenxu ... aozhai.htm

cow

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Jan 25th, '06, 13:34

My bad. Thanks for the correction, cow.

boniface

Post by boniface » Feb 5th, '06, 05:04

oh I get it, it's a series of short stories.
so do Jimmy Lin only appear in a couple of episodes? cuz I want to see him a lot ^^;

fufu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fufu » Feb 5th, '06, 05:46

Calcifer wrote: fufu, Hu Ge appears in the story "Xiao Qian." ep 34, 35, something like that. Not sure as I haven't gotten the whole series yet.
Thanks for the info :-)

hmmm...I just watched the first episode of this story...I'm kinda disappointed. The CG looks cheap :blink

Oceanblue

Post by Oceanblue » Feb 6th, '06, 01:56

Hi, I'm new here. I just wonder if anyone like to watch dramas (either J or Kdramas) in chinese sub? I found out that some jokes part translate in Chinese sub much better than Eng sub do. No offense for Eng sub lovers but it just my own opinion after watched 2 diff sub version..

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 6th, '06, 02:12

I haven't, but I believe you when you say that Chinese subs would be closer to K or J dramas. There's a lot in common in the cultural backgrounds that would be impossible to get across with English.

PS, a late Happy New Year to all!

boniface

Post by boniface » Feb 9th, '06, 03:49

yeah probably it is closer, but I dunno where to find the subs, and sometimes it's hard for me to read.
but sometimes, when I read the English subs, people tend to explain certain things in the same way... know what I mean? I know what they are talking about when they explain it in the way that they always do, and so it's ok. What matters is that I would understand it anyway, because of my background. I don't think that made sense ^^;

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 24th, '06, 05:35

i'm really bad at writing chinese :unsure: , but here goes:
don't laugh ok :P

我想问有看韩剧的朋友们,你们比较喜欢看英文字幕,还是中文字幕?
因为我最近才发现 BT 有中文字幕的 My Girl 和 Goong 。
我一直都是下载英文字幕的,然后从 clubbox 下载 raw video,你们呢?
还是直接下载中文字幕的 BT 会比较快?

谢谢! :mrgreen:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 24th, '06, 13:51

furelise wrote:i'm really bad at writing chinese :unsure: , but here goes:

还是直接下载中文字幕的 BT 会比较快?

I won't laugh if you won't :lol

我想,要是你能读中文,可能bt会快;我用clubbox的时候,比bt慢的多. 当然,你可能会发现clubbox比bt快. 还有,bt平常是.rm的file, 有时,clubbox会有high quality video; 也就看你想要什么quality的video.

大家在听什么中文/汉语 etc 的音乐? Tw, HK, Mainland, Singapore, Malaysian, etc: share what you're listening to! 我现在在享受JJ林的"曹操". 很好听!

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 24th, '06, 18:18

Calcifer wrote:

还是直接下载中文字幕的 BT 会比较快?

I won't laugh if you won't :lol

我想,要是你能读中文,可能bt会快;我用clubbox的时候,比bt慢的多. 当然,你可能会发现clubbox比bt快. 还有,bt平常是.rm的file, 有时,clubbox会有high quality video; 也就看你想要什么quality的video.

大家在听什么中文/汉语 etc 的音乐? Tw, HK, Mainland, Singapore, Malaysian, etc: share what you're listening to! 我现在在享受JJ林的"曹操". 很好听!
哇我明白了,quality/file size 的确不一样。

也有朋友向我推荐 JJ 的新歌,我刚听了“曹操”和“原来“。“曹操” 很特别,JJ 的唱法好像和以往不同喔!
不过我还是比较喜欢“原来“ :lol
最近很少听新歌,好像都在听drama OST,大家有什么好歌请推荐!中文/粤语歌我都听! :D

boniface

Post by boniface » Feb 25th, '06, 07:08

I've been listening to Full House's OST.

it's because my computer got a virus and we had to reformat... lost everything.. T_T
but yeah I want to know what other music you guys are into!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 25th, '06, 07:44

sorry for using english, but i'm at a computer that doesn't have IME installed. plus, my chinese writing skills are not that good. :whistling:

chinese subbed kdramas can be found readily, and i do agree that sometimes things come across better in chinese. however, i think it depends on the translator. sometimes they may choose not to translate jokes or such over, as they know that it wouldn't come out right. oh and btw, if anyone is interested in those kdramas with Chinese hard subs, you can get them from YDY site (link in my signature) or you can get them from YYCAF clubbox (link in the chinese clubbox thread.)

as for what i'm listening to...the bulk of what i'm listening to is Wang Lee Hom, though i have to admit, there are a lot of kdrama OST songs mixed in. my favorite WLH song right now is "Hua Tian Cuo". i can listen to it again and again and i won't get tired. oh, and i also like one of the instrumental pieces from Ai Qing Mo Fa Shi (it's also the song that's played on the official website). it's just really catchy. i don't know what it is about the song. :-)

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 25th, '06, 12:06

habukie, thanks for pointing out the YYCAF clubbox! omg it's a veritable treasure trove of chinese subbed dramas!! :wub:

what's "Hua Tian Cuo" translated in english? 花天错???:mrgreen: lol never heard before :scratch:

pissenlit

Post by pissenlit » Feb 25th, '06, 13:24

还是直接下载中文字幕的 BT 会比较快?

習慣上 我是比較喜歡看有中文字幕的韓劇
但通常有中文字幕的戲是real player file 居多
所以 我都下載英文字幕的戲
畫質看起來比較好吧! ^^....

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 25th, '06, 18:35

pissenlit wrote:

还是直接下载中文字幕的 BT 会比较快?

習慣上 我是比較喜歡看有中文字幕的韓劇
但通常有中文字幕的戲是real player file 居多
所以 我都下載英文字幕的戲
畫質看起來比較好吧! ^^....
喔,说真的,对我来说看英文字幕是比看中文字幕快多了 :mrgreen:

在这里想和大家分享JJ林俊杰的“原来”部份歌词,蛮感人的 :

原来最疼痛的表情竟是没有情绪
原来最残忍的画面可以甜言蜜语

我不懂得如何更爱你
影子讽刺地跟着我难分难离

原来最孤单的是我还是那么想你
原来最悲哀的是我不能面对自己

你收的干净
我也会不留一点痕迹

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 25th, '06, 18:54

furelise wrote:habukie, thanks for pointing out the YYCAF clubbox! omg it's a veritable treasure trove of chinese subbed dramas!! :wub:

what's "Hua Tian Cuo" translated in english? 花天错???:mrgreen: lol never heard before :scratch:
np. i just came across the YYCAF clubbox purely by chance. i guess a lot of people prefer not to get .rm/.rmvb files, but truthfully, the quality isn't that bad. i think that they use the HQ kdrama files and convert them. the other good thing is that sometimes you'll find a drama subbed in chinese that you won't find the english subs for.

you're close. it's 花田錯. it's a song in WLH's new style...it incorporates traditional Chinese opera elements into a modern song. i like it even more than 心中的日月 (from his previous album), which also incorporated elements of traditional Chinese music/instruments. he even learned how to play the er hu. :D i'll have to take a look at 原来. looking at the lyrics, it sounds pretty good. :-)

cvt

Post by cvt » Feb 26th, '06, 19:38

我是從我們是最佳的瓷太人

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Feb 26th, '06, 19:40

habukie wrote:
furelise wrote:habukie, thanks for pointing out the YYCAF clubbox! omg it's a veritable treasure trove of chinese subbed dramas!! :wub:

np. i just came across the YYCAF clubbox purely by chance. i guess a lot of people prefer not to get .rm/.rmvb files, but truthfully, the quality isn't that bad. i think that they use the HQ kdrama files and convert them. the other good thing is that sometimes you'll find a drama subbed in chinese that you won't find the english subs for.

you're close. it's 花田錯. it's a song in WLH's new style...it incorporates traditional Chinese opera elements into a modern song. i like it even more than 心中的日月 (from his previous album), which also incorporated elements of traditional Chinese music/instruments. he even learned how to play the er hu. :D i'll have to take a look at 原来. looking at the lyrics, it sounds pretty good. :-)
原来... is that one by WLH too???
:O:O 花田錯 is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 27th, '06, 02:38

A lot of artists use traditional instrumentation in at least one of their songs: Anson Hu, David Tao, JJ Lin, Jay Zhou, SHE, FIR, 信乐团, Lee Hom (why does he spell it like that? I used to think he was Canto from the "Hom" spelling because it's not a Mandarin spelling, and doesn't seem like a Taiwan-style either). I think traditional chinese + modern music sounds fantastic. Now it seems the trend is going back to the different minorities and really traditional stuff like opera. David, Jay and now Lee Hom all have songs with snippets of opera or folk-style singing, and I'm wondering if Anson will too in his upcoming album.

曹操 and 原来 are JJ Lin. Hua Tian Cuo is Lee Hom (who's listened to 盖世英雄/Gai Shi Ying Xiong? How cool is Jin?! 你们对力宏的"chinked out"词有什么看法?).

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 27th, '06, 03:27

cvt wrote:我是從我們是最佳的瓷太人
what in the world is that??

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 27th, '06, 03:48

Calcifer wrote:A lot of artists use traditional instrumentation in at least one of their songs: Anson Hu, David Tao, JJ Lin, Jay Zhou, SHE, FIR, 信乐团, Lee Hom (why does he spell it like that? I used to think he was Canto from the "Hom" spelling because it's not a Mandarin spelling, and doesn't seem like a Taiwan-style either). I think traditional chinese + modern music sounds fantastic. Now it seems the trend is going back to the different minorities and really traditional stuff like opera. David, Jay and now Lee Hom all have songs with snippets of opera or folk-style singing, and I'm wondering if Anson will too in his upcoming album.

曹操 and 原来 are JJ Lin. Hua Tian Cuo is Lee Hom (who's listened to 盖世英雄/Gai Shi Ying Xiong? How cool is Jin?! 你们对力宏的"chinked out"词有什么看法?).
looks like u guys are pretty familiar with 力宏's songs... wish i can join in the discussion but i've pretty much lost touch with his music :unsure: it's funny though, i remember i was crazy about him a few years back, when i bought his 公转自转 album.. muahaha anyone remember that? :lol but then later i thought his songs started to sound really sad and he sounded like he was about to cry in some of his songs :P no offence to Lee Hom's fans but maybe it was cuz i happened to hear his sadder songs on radio? :scratch:

i have just heard 花田錯 on you guys' recommendation, and i'd say it sounds like pop opera :lol

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 27th, '06, 04:09

@Calcifer: i agree with you about the spelling. :-) i really thought he was cantonese, as well. until i read more about him cause i just really liked his songs. i really love his new style, though i personally hate the name "chinked-out". and though he's not the only one who incorporates traditional chinese instrumentation/elements into his songs, to me, it's slightly more impressive just from the standpoint that he's an ABC and didn't grow up with all of this. :-) and about his new album, i have to say that i really like it. i love the collaboration with jin. it's really awesome. the song with bi is so-so. i think it's pretty cool that bi tried to sing in chinese, though.
oh, and kinda off-topic, but i can see your avatar now! :cheers:

@furelise: well, i don't blame you for thinking that about his songs. he really does have a lot of ballads (not all of which i can stomach.) :-) the sad fact is that people expect ballads of him. if you listen to his new album, there are a couple of ballads thrown in, and if you read in some forums, there are plenty of people saying that they love his ballads and can't understand the other songs. personally, i tend to like his faster songs, or at least songs that are kinda mid-tempo. that's why i'm glad that he's trying out something new and expanding musically. try 心中的日月. it's also really good. i'll get you re-hooked on 力宏 yet. :D

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 27th, '06, 04:55

habukie wrote:@Calcifer: i agree with you about the spelling. :-) i really thought he was cantonese, as well. until i read more about him cause i just really liked his songs. i really love his new style, though i personally hate the name "chinked-out". and though he's not the only one who incorporates traditional chinese instrumentation/elements into his songs, to me, it's slightly more impressive just from the standpoint that he's an ABC and didn't grow up with all of this. :-) and about his new album, i have to say that i really like it. i love the collaboration with jin. it's really awesome. the song with bi is so-so. i think it's pretty cool that bi tried to sing in chinese, though.
oh, and kinda off-topic, but i can see your avatar now! :cheers:
I'm actually not that big a fan of Lee Hom; I have a lot of his music out of curiosity (figured he's not famous for nothing) but most of his songs don't do much for me. But I really liked his daring/experimentation with Gai Shi Ying Xiong and 完美的互动, and I liked the music/words to Hua Tian Cuo and Zai Mei Bian(or more like "Bia'er"; he really overemphasizes the "er" sound, like in "哥儿门". It's almost humorous.)

Alex's rendition of "龙的传人" isn't bad either, but Nic's "黄种人" beats that hollow if you're looking at catchy ethnic pride songs, even if Nic probably didn't write the music/words. I agree with the coolness of Alex collaborating with Bi and Kim Jong Hee(?). Korean is getting popular, it seems; JJ's new song 只对你说 has the chorus in Korean. But when it comes to ballads, I like David's better than Alex's. (Is David an ABC too?) I definitely prefer Anson and JJ overall, though. 有人听过Anson's”红颜“吗? It's a must-listen. Then again, I think all his songs are.

Anyone here listen to 功夫before? They're a rap group, which I wasn't sure I'd like being accustomed to Jay's rap-with-good-melodies, but they have some excellent, hardhitting stuff.

Share what other Chinese (-singing) artists you like! I'm especially interested in any new Mainland ones or those from other Chinese-speaking countries, since I already know most of the Taiwan artists.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 27th, '06, 05:02

calcifer...what movie/series is that on your avatar? looked bad @ss.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 27th, '06, 06:18

habukie wrote: @furelise: well, i don't blame you for thinking that about his songs. he really does have a lot of ballads (not all of which i can stomach.) :-) the sad fact is that people expect ballads of him. if you listen to his new album, there are a couple of ballads thrown in, and if you read in some forums, there are plenty of people saying that they love his ballads and can't understand the other songs. personally, i tend to like his faster songs, or at least songs that are kinda mid-tempo. that's why i'm glad that he's trying out something new and expanding musically. try 心中的日月. it's also really good. i'll get you re-hooked on 力宏 yet. :D
Muahaha we'll see about that :P i'll see if i can get my hands on 心中的日月 :lol

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Feb 27th, '06, 06:31

crazylife123 wrote:calcifer...what movie/series is that on your avatar? looked bad @ss.
I think it's from that awful new movie, "The Promise". Biggest piece of crap I ever saw. Have you guys seen it?

Sweet Neko

Post by Sweet Neko » Feb 27th, '06, 08:37

Favorite TVB drama? Has to be Always Ready! Ekin Cheung acted really good in that drama! And I learnt alot about teh GFS there! I actually went there before Always Ready aired XP

I dont really like Wu Hum Ye *Dont know her english name...* But the drama where she acted with Ron Ng was OK

Love the Last breakthrough *Is that the english name?* Fantastic drama XP

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 27th, '06, 09:27

Sweet Neko wrote:Favorite TVB drama? Has to be Always Ready! Ekin Cheung acted really good in that drama! And I learnt alot about teh GFS there! I actually went there before Always Ready aired XP

I dont really like Wu Hum Ye *Dont know her english name...* But the drama where she acted with Ron Ng was OK

Love the Last breakthrough *Is that the english name?* Fantastic drama XP
What's 'The Last Breakthrough' in Chinese? My fav TVB drama has to be War and Beauty 金枝慾孽 i loved this drama :wub:, it's so good, it's a classic! and sheren tang was great in it as well!!

Sweet Neko

Post by Sweet Neko » Feb 27th, '06, 09:30

The Last Breakthrough... Its the one about the Doctors with Raymond Lam and that other guy. Was aired in near end of 2004 so I forgot the name for it. My whole class loved it

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 27th, '06, 09:38

Sweet Neko wrote:The Last Breakthrough... Its the one about the Doctors with Raymond Lam and that other guy. Was aired in near end of 2004 so I forgot the name for it. My whole class loved it
oh is this it? 天涯俠醫 i've not watched this cuz i'm not really into doctor shows :whistling: