Zheng Yuan Chang

Discuss about your favourite Chinese Actors and Actresses.
Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Jan 13th, '06, 20:39

lolllllllllll look like i see all Joe fan here too lolllllllll
love_crisis : lolllllll are you going sleep in this tread like AF too ^^

pitch a tent and sleep here everyone

how many tread we have for Joe O.o and in how many site

i'm with Joe too
JOE FAN yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
lollll

everyone should come here so
http://joecheng.invisionplus.net/

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Jan 14th, '06, 12:31

^^ Yeah, I sleep here sometimes. :lol but this thread isn't update like the thread in AF. So many Joe's fans there.

I found Joe's thread in http://www.jay-chou.net lol. I'm in that thread too. Always sleep. haha...cause there're a fews of Joe's fans there.

Y@M

Post by Y@M » Jan 14th, '06, 20:06

hes soo fine. love him.. my new all time fave.

Y@M

Post by Y@M » Jan 18th, '06, 01:28

All i can say is im in love with him.

tlina069
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tlina069 » Jan 18th, '06, 01:33

Y@M wrote:All i can say is im in love with him.
So Y@M, no more Ming Dao for you huh? :whistling: Hehehehehe...
Sorry...sorry...a bit off topic :offtopic:
I only watched the first 10 minutes of WZBQ ep. 1, so far I still think Joe and the gang can act better. :D I'll let you know if I ever change my mind. :)

Y@M

Post by Y@M » Jan 18th, '06, 01:38

tlina069 wrote:
Y@M wrote:All i can say is im in love with him.
So Y@M, no more Ming Dao for you huh? :whistling: Hehehehehe...
Sorry...sorry...a bit off topic :offtopic:
I only watched the first 10 minutes of WZBQ ep. 1, so far I still think Joe and the gang can act better. :D I'll let you know if I ever change my mind. :)
(off topic) noPE. Still ming dao..

butta loving YC too.

Keep watching it. And do tell me.

puka

Post by puka » Jan 19th, '06, 03:53

i love this man, man! hes so fine. especially with the bandana or something. Yay! Love the way he act. Him and Ariel look so cute together, height doesnt matter. haha yaY! I Didint notice him until i notice mike. heard he was a good friend of Mike and that Him, mike and Ethan, the 3 of them will definely bury F4 Alive! WOo... (no offense) THaTS TrUe though.... Gosh even though they dont sing(???) they look betta...... F4 is "back in those days"... (to me)..!

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jan 19th, '06, 04:46

F4 cant sing...
and they arnt even handsome...
pfftt...
joe's gang will kick their ass...someday lol

weizi

siAo zHonG...

Post by weizi » Jan 20th, '06, 08:58

:wub: hey i like him sOOo muCh..hehe
noe him since his 1st drama the roSe..reali pretty guy huh..he seems like tat kind more sincere not like other actors..

Rinrin

Post by Rinrin » Jan 29th, '06, 18:56

heheh i'm read the whole thread from page one :D
this is another reason i think i should start improving my chinese lol..
it's a shame cause i'm chinese myself xDD
hm.. since i've looked around there isn't much pictures of him posted...sorry if it's the wrong page but here's a few of my favourite pictures of him xD
ImageImage
omg is this cute or what...xD

kiSs_02

Post by kiSs_02 » Jan 29th, '06, 19:05

Miaka FY wrote:lolllllllllll look like i see all Joe fan here too lolllllllll
love_crisis : lolllllll are you going sleep in this tread like AF too ^^

pitch a tent and sleep here everyone

how many tread we have for Joe O.o and in how many site

i'm with Joe too
JOE FAN yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
lollll

everyone should come here so
http://joecheng.invisionplus.net/
yes yes please join joe cheng's blog!!! he's AMAZING .. his acting could use a little work but other than that.. perfection xD

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jan 29th, '06, 19:44

you know what? i think this thread needs more pictures.

he is so hot in iswak.gosh i love those cool and aloof type of guy :wub:

sorry but i still love F4.maybe because they were the first that is tall and gorgeous.nevertheless i love joe too :lol

Rinrin

Post by Rinrin » Jan 29th, '06, 20:13

milleu87 wrote:you know what? i think this thread needs more pictures.
hehe that's what i think too >:D
he's so hot omg xD..
click the spoiler tab to see more ^^
it's so cutee xD
.... :lol
and my favourite one of all time...xD this is the one my avatar is...

stacers

Post by stacers » Jan 30th, '06, 19:49

omg. he is AMAZINGGGGGGGGG : ) guys that can look good with long hair... like WHOAA just AMAZINGGG : ) i loveee both his character in the rose and it started with a kiss. lol the rose so funny. crazy incest hahaha... liking his brother AND sister lol but yeah still so goodd only on ep 9 right now waiting for the rest to dl and hoping to be able to get eng subs for the later eps if anyone knows where i can get them please let me know : ) cuz only goes up to ep 17 so i need them for 18-end anyway yeah SOOO amazing : ) and tall is GOOD lol... it really only looks good if you have a guy that's like a whole head taller cuz thenn when you wear heels he'll still be taller. if you have a guy that's almost the same height then like you can't really wear heels cuz you might be taller than him. lol anyway yeah i'm crazy but joe is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jan 31st, '06, 16:18

yay! this thread is alive again!! Joe is wonderful!!! very cute and hot!!! I'm going to miss him after ISWAK!!!! :cry:

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Feb 2nd, '06, 06:53

Just wanna Say hello to everybody. Finally, this thread isn't silent. Haha...

kstar

Post by kstar » Feb 2nd, '06, 07:02

Hmmm >.>;;~~ i can't wait for his new drama.. x_x! Anyone know when it'll air?

puka

Post by puka » Feb 3rd, '06, 17:44

Heres some pix of joe in the book i bought from yesasia. Aww .. so HOT..

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/funky/pearl/IS ... iasjoe.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/funky/pearl/IS ... nisjoe.jpg[/img]

MORE pix posted under it started with a kiss thread page 35.(NOTE: under chinese entertainment) PEACE!

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 6th, '06, 08:53

kstar wrote:Hmmm >.>;;~~ i can't wait for his new drama.. x_x! Anyone know when it'll air?
Hi, i saw a vid of a press conference for his new drama, co-starring a korean actress...not sure what is the name of the show though...

but according to his interview, he said that he will remain handsome in the new drama...muahahha....as in image wise, cuz normally for actors in ancient series they would have to shave their heads, but he says in this drama he will keep his hair intact...

thank god!!! hahhaha :lol

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 6th, '06, 09:03

u know, i'm suddenly imagining joe with those ancient hairstyles.... like, with a bun on top of his head... or worse, with a pigtail XD :shocked:

OMG the horror!!! i think he is more suited to modern dramas... :D

weizi

joe's fans..

Post by weizi » Feb 6th, '06, 09:09

u all can support joe at the poll i create
the title is:

MoSt good lookin taiwaneSe drama actor

he's few votes behind n u all can help him by just vote for him..^^

:salut:

j_doll123

pic of new drama?

Post by j_doll123 » Feb 6th, '06, 22:04

furelise wrote:u know, i'm suddenly imagining joe with those ancient hairstyles.... like, with a bun on top of his head... or worse, with a pigtail XD :shocked:

hehe i've been lurking around this site for a while.. i duno if this is the new drama u guys are talking about.. but heres a pic.. :-) i think he still looks cute... look at that model pout ^^
[img]http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/8741/joe5kj.jpg[/img]

correct me if im wrong ^^
credit goes to his official site

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: pic of new drama?

Post by furelise » Feb 7th, '06, 01:51

j_doll123 wrote:
furelise wrote:u know, i'm suddenly imagining joe with those ancient hairstyles.... like, with a bun on top of his head... or worse, with a pigtail XD :shocked:

hehe i've been lurking around this site for a while.. i duno if this is the new drama u guys are talking about.. but heres a pic.. :-) i think he still looks cute... look at that model pout ^^

muahahhaha :lol is this the new drama?? i'm not sure either..
n yeah...he doesn't look half bad!! still as cute...n oh yes, that sexy lil pout of his, those kissable lips :w00t:
this is one droolsome "emperor" :wub:
wow if he will be acting as the emperor in the show.. he's gonna be so hot!!

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Feb 10th, '06, 04:36

The new drama title is 'Geng Zi Wind and Cloud' But I don't know what will they call in english after they finish make a movie like ISWAK.

kimbo

Re: pic of new drama?

Post by kimbo » Feb 12th, '06, 09:16

j_doll123 wrote:

Oh gosh what a HOT emperor LOL! Joe is my current love at the moment because of ISWAK. I noticed him a few years back from The Rose and Nine Ball but didn't pay much attention to him. Now, I can say that I'm a total fan! :thumright:

Azngurl_meiying2006

Post by Azngurl_meiying2006 » Feb 13th, '06, 04:52

Ohhh,he luk cute!! ^_^

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Feb 13th, '06, 04:56

hahaha.he still looks gorgeous with those pigtail!

lurenjia

Post by lurenjia » Feb 19th, '06, 05:14

erm well..
i think the photo was taken a few yrs bac if u would go to his official website n see the date
so i dun think it's frm the show
cos it started filiming only in jan this yr

moonsight

Post by moonsight » Feb 21st, '06, 06:01

I really love Joe. oh! Well. I have seen many other good looking actors such as Edison, Nicholas, Mike, Vic. But Joe is the most handsome of all handsome guys. Since I have watched ISWAK, he definitely becomes my ROLE MODEL and Prince in my dream. :wub: :wub: Love Joe forever.

tofu_lady

Post by tofu_lady » Feb 21st, '06, 06:20

Joe Cheng kinda reminds me of Edison Chen at some angles. haha, or maybe it's just me.

I finished watching ISWAK! Loved him in it. Each time he and Xian Qin are standing near each other, I freak about his height cause he's so damn tall compared to that little shrimp Ariel Lin.. (not that I'm any taller than her :whistling: and don't kill me if you like her cause I love her, too).

He has a really freaky laugh though... it's really loud... and his head just totally loses control and falls back. hahahaha :lol it's so freakishly cute.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Feb 21st, '06, 06:34

^^ i agree. He has a weird, some what evil laugh, but since its joe its cute! lol :lol Kinda catchy too, when i hear him laugh i start laughing as well...then again i may just be me. :lol I love JOE!!!! I can't wait to watch his new drama hopefully someone will sub it! :pray:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 21st, '06, 06:37

tofu_lady wrote:Joe Cheng kinda reminds me of Edison Chen at some angles. haha, or maybe it's just me.

I finished watching ISWAK! Loved him in it. Each time he and Xian Qin are standing near each other, I freak about his height cause he's so damn tall compared to that little shrimp Ariel Lin.. (not that I'm any taller than her :whistling: and don't kill me if you like her cause I love her, too).

He has a really freaky laugh though... it's really loud... and his head just totally loses control and falls back. hahahaha :lol it's so freakishly cute.
i see abit of similarity too... i think it's in their smiles :wink: they both have this devilishly wicked smile that makes our hearts go :heart:

more so on edision, and for joe that smile comes out in ISWAK and on the catwalk :mrgreen:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Feb 21st, '06, 06:51

xKiMix wrote:^^ i agree. He has a weird, some what evil laugh, but since its joe its cute! lol :lol Kinda catchy too, when i hear him laugh i start laughing as well...then again i may just be me. :lol I love JOE!!!! I can't wait to watch his new drama hopefully someone will sub it! :pray:
i cant wait for his new drama Geng Zi Feng Yun too.. wonder when it's coming out and what it's about :-)
all i know is the female lead is a korean actress (not very pretty or cute though :mrgreen: ), but i remember reading somewhere that the director is also the same guy who directed Princess Pearl "Huan Zhu Ge Ge".. or something like that? :whistling:

rumikochan

Post by rumikochan » Feb 23rd, '06, 07:48

I really want to see another serie with Joe in it after ISWAK but his new serie doesnt' really appeal to me, maybe it's bc of the main female lead. The Korean actress doesnt' look cute and when they stand together, they don't quite match ...ah..maybe I am still in the Joe & Ariel sympton. Can't get over how cute they look together. I agree with some of you that Joe does resemble alittle of Edison at certain angles. Edison used to be quite good looking but then I don't found him that good looking anymore, maybe it's the hair cut but Joe is definitely more hottier. I love his height too. He's so shuai.

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Mar 3rd, '06, 13:00

he was so cute in it started with a kiss ^_^ ahhh..

pei*

Post by pei* » Mar 3rd, '06, 15:40

Hey..I just joined this forum because I found it very interesting. I started watching "It started with a kiss" a few weeks ago...Imma watch episode 16 today! And I REAALLLYY think Joe is cute! :wub:

Anyway, where do u guys download the episodes?! I use e Mule but its kindda slow, and in You Tube too =/
could u guys please help me?! =/

=*

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Mar 6th, '06, 11:59

Ah...sorry for I didn't drop my post here for a long time. Haha...I have an exam, really stress! And I'll disappear until 18 March. :cry: But glad to know Joe has more fans. hehe...

pei, ISWAK in bittorrent files are in this site in torrent page. But if you want in the direct link, try this site. http://silentregrets.com/?cat=9

And don't miss Joe Cheng's english Forum. Haha... :cheers:

pei*

Post by pei* » Mar 7th, '06, 02:12

Hey love_crisis thnx for the tip! =]
yeah I'll go into that site later!
But thnx so much!..I watched chapter 18 today..i cried so much!..I'm going to cry even more on chapter 19 man!!..
Thnx

snowbb

Post by snowbb » Mar 7th, '06, 02:15

his acting improved a lot from his earlier dramas `` the best one he''s acted in is probably ''it started with a kiss'' .. =)

belle83

Post by belle83 » Mar 11th, '06, 12:25

OMG!!!!!... i didnt realize there's joe's thread here.... im soo gald i found this thread. i've just fin watching iswak... my 1st joe's drama. yeahhh 1st time i saw him... he reminds me of edison chan... but then i realize that is guy is wayyyyy cuter and hotter!!!

i really adore this guy... hope to watch more of his drama. but it seems that the rest of his drama are not completely sub. i went to store today and saw some of his drama... but they are really expensive. but i've no choice... i really wanna watch his dramas... and im not chinese literate... soo i need sub

can someone tell me which should i watch 1st... the rose, magic ring, or nine ball??...

and thanx love_crisis, i've been trying to find joe's english forum ... thanx soo much :cheers: . hoepfully i can know about this guy better in da future.. and nice knowing you guys... lets spread joe's love ^__^V

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Mar 19th, '06, 23:08

HE'S A HOT DANCER, TOO!!

SooJin.

Post by SooJin. » Mar 20th, '06, 19:28

xsnowangelx wrote:awWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
its JOE CHENG! :wub: gosh im in love wit this guy rah now! kekekeke...
tho idun really like one of his teeth da sticks out.. um.. on his right side? :whistling:
Are you kidding? That's what makes his smile so adorable. :wub:

^What?! He can dance too?! I want to see T_T *dies*

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Mar 21st, '06, 05:00

SooJin. wrote: What?! He can dance too?! I want to see T_T *dies*
yea... u can search for it at youtube.com

Chidori-Chan

Is Joe Cheng GAY or just girly ??!! ^^?

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 20:17

hey guys!
sometimes ago, i saw on YouTube some shows on HAPPY SUNDAY (tw variety show), and this one on Joe Chang caught my eyes.... as I'm watching ISWAK at the moment. OMG, his real person totally ruined the image of zhi shu in ISWAK for me...LOL.....he's really gay.... or just plain girly ...........

And is he and mike he a couple ?? :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=h ... rch_videos

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=h ... rch_videos

:argue:

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 3rd, '06, 20:23

:glare: He's not gay...You should think of like maybe you and your girlfriends...do you guys hug each other and stuff like that and it looks like you're lesbos but you're not right?

I hope the comment about him and mike he being a couple is a joke...

Maybe that's just his personality? So just because his personality isn't like Zhi Shu in ISWAK then suddenly he's gay?

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 3rd, '06, 20:26

I also noticed that you might have posted a comment on that video saying "so gay"...KanaChidori is you right? :unsure:

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 20:37

true ^^ that's me ... i'm wondering if he is gay or not or just plain girly ...
i don't think mike is gay .. ?! anyway, it's just what i feel after i saw the Happy sunday shows...

pr1nc355sp4rk13

Post by pr1nc355sp4rk13 » Apr 3rd, '06, 20:47

haha thats how joe really is..he's known for his silliness and stuff...he and mike are best friends and they always joke about how girly joe is. joe just likes to play around with mike and stuff..but poor mike...i would think its annoying after a while

viet_kitty

Post by viet_kitty » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:05

haha... i don't think he is. cuzz Mike and Joe has been bestfriends for a long time. i think ever since highschool or something like that

Sofyx

Re: Is Joe Cheng GAY or just girly ??!! ^^?

Post by Sofyx » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:16

Chidori-Chan wrote:hey guys!
sometimes ago, i saw on YouTube some shows on HAPPY SUNDAY (tw variety show), and this one on Joe Chang caught my eyes.... as I'm watching ISWAK at the moment. OMG, his real person totally ruined the image of zhi shu in ISWAK for me...LOL.....he's really gay.... or just plain girly ...........

How old are you?...

And why is 'gay' in capital letters?

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:19

Sofyx wrote:

How old are you?...

To make people notice the shiny capital letters

oooooorrrrrrr. she has a dead mouse on her caps lock key..lol :P

vanggirlie

Post by vanggirlie » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:22

i always thought he was either gay, metrosexual, or feminie (if this isn't the same as metrosexual). so yea no surprise to me.

[edit]
ok i watched one of the clip on youtube and i think he's not as gay-ish in real life than he seems in his dramas and stuff. why does he act more feminie in dramas than in real life...it's weird.

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:26

Sofyx wrote:

How old are you?...

Got yr attention didn't it ...haha....

:P

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:28

So for you an actor character in real life should be the same than in his dramas/movies or the show is ruined :blink ? If you don't like his personality stop watching ISWAK, coz it is just a role and if you watch The Rose or another of his drama you'll see something else. I don't know where is the problem with him being gay or not, just appreciate the drama instead of juging the actor private life ... :glare:

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:30

So for you an actor character in real life should be the same than in his dramas/movies or the show is ruined :blink ? If you don't like his personality stop watching ISWAK, coz it is just a role and if you watch The Rose or another of his drama you'll see something else. I don't know where is the problem with him being gay or not, just appreciate the drama instead of juging the actors ... :glare:
Actually I liked ISWAK despite of him being gay or not ^^
just that when i first saw the clips from HAPPY SUNDAY .. it got my attention...well the after shock is over ... so ....

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:32

Hmmm... even if he isn't gay, he may not like Chidori-Chan. I wonder what the difference between gay and "really gay" is in this context? If you parse that post as if it were English, then "gay" means "girly", so I guess "girly" is "gay"... and "really gay" is... Uh, "really girly"?!

And what would a "girly" moderator think of this thread?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 3rd, '06, 21:42

pokute wrote:Hmmm... even if he isn't gay, he may not like Chidori-Chan. I wonder what the difference between gay and "really gay" is in this context? If you parse that post as if it were English, then "gay" means "girly", so I guess "girly" is "gay"... and "really gay" is... Uh, "really girly"?!

And what would a "girly" moderator think of this thread?
That it belongs in the Chinese actor thread, Joe's thread, for one thing.

ji_cabinx

Post by ji_cabinx » Apr 4th, '06, 22:11

ahh. I luv joe! I made a fanlisting for ISWAK for anyone who's interested!! http://iswak.undying-love.org. pretty soon, there will be one for JOE CHENG too!!! ;)

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Apr 6th, '06, 04:16

Zheng Yuan Chang
?????????????? pix please?....is dat JOE??? :scratch:

_fAnG_

Post by _fAnG_ » Apr 7th, '06, 14:51

Hi! :) I'm new here but my first dramaserie I dl was "It started with a kiss" and I really, really liked it!
He's soooo cute ^^ :wub:

_fAnG_

Post by _fAnG_ » Apr 7th, '06, 14:52

Hi! :) I'm new here but my first dramaserie I dl was "It started with a kiss" and I really, really liked it!

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Apr 8th, '06, 03:09

_fAnG_ wrote:Hi! :) I'm new here but my first dramaserie I dl was "It started with a kiss" and I really, really liked it!
Hi ="_fAnG_" ...well wecome!!!!! hehhe...u must love dat drama a lotz cuz you write the same thing twice!..muahhaa jk!...WELCOME!!!!!! :salut: :cheers:

_fAnG_

Post by _fAnG_ » Apr 8th, '06, 14:18

angelyly wrote:
_fAnG_ wrote:Hi! :) I'm new here but my first dramaserie I dl was "It started with a kiss" and I really, really liked it!
Hi ="_fAnG_" ...well wecome!!!!! hehhe...u must love dat drama a lotz cuz you write the same thing twice!..muahhaa jk!...WELCOME!!!!!! :salut: :cheers:
Thank you!
I'm so glad that I'm a member here now and I will be watching dramas all day long :cheers: or at least when I have nothing to do.
I'm totally obsessed now :lol
Hihi :mrgreen: I'm trying my best here :P but my hand slipped ^^
Yeah. I really love that drama, and I'm overseeing it again.
Do you/anyone have any recommendations about which drama I shall watch now? loveli love//¨Fang

weizi

JOE

Post by weizi » Apr 9th, '06, 12:35

i finis watchin iSWAK n it was reali GREAT..i mean jOe's the person person for d rOle ZS rite.. :wub:

cant wait for it started with a kiss 2.. :salut:
Attachments
ISWAK9.jpg
ISWAK9.jpg (5.22 KiB) Viewed 10637 times

_fAnG_

Post by _fAnG_ » Apr 9th, '06, 14:49

hmm :whistling:
When will ISWAK 2 be aired? I heard rumours that it will be aired 2008?

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Apr 14th, '06, 17:04

Long time I didn't leave my post here. hehe...miss you all and miss Joe too.

Now I wonder what's Joe drama will broadcast first? Between Geng Zi Fen Yun and ISWAK 2. hehe... :whistling:

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Apr 22nd, '06, 07:58

Whaaaaa.....why this thread is so silent!?!?!? Where're you, YC's fans?????

Here's the latest pics in magazine

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/x ... /ko24a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/x ... /ko26a.jpg[/img]

Source : Joe's Starry
Credit : Joe Cheng's English Forum

citi

Post by citi » Apr 22nd, '06, 17:02

it doesn't matter to me what he is, but he played that gay skit in ISWAK well.... :whistling: really well

H2O

Post by H2O » Apr 23rd, '06, 22:40

Hey, I'm a little confused. Can SOMEONE explain to me....
---What's his REAL name? Joe Cheng, or Joe Zheng Yuan Chang?
---How did ChAng became ChEng? O.o
---What is his first name, Zheng or Chang? (I thought they usually goes from last, then middle, then first name O.o)
---How come I've seen people called him "Bryan"? Where did that come from???
---What drama is he currently working on RIGHT now?

Please REPLY. Thanks!

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 23rd, '06, 22:55

His Chinese name is Zheng Yuan Chang 郑元畅 (Traditional is 鄭元暢) according to most sites. He's Joe Zheng according to the pinyin (newer Mainland) way of spelling which is being used more and more. Since he's from Taiwan, they also spell Zheng Cheng. Both Zheng and Cheng refer to the same Chinese surname "郑(traditional is 鄭)".

So his last name is Zheng or Cheng depending how you choose to spell it, but they refer to the same Chinese word. His first name is Yuan Chang 元畅. There is no such thing as a middle name in Chinese: Yuan Chang together is his given/first name, but you're right about the order of last name first, first name last. The "Cheng" or "Zheng" that's his last name and the "Chang" in his first name are not the same word.

Apparently he has two English names. He used to be called Bryan/Brian, but it seems his more well-known name is Joe now. His offical webpage is Joe's Family, after all.

No idea what he's working on right now, sorry. Maybe ISWAK2?

H2O

Post by H2O » Apr 24th, '06, 00:02

Calcifer wrote:His Chinese name is Zheng Yuan Chang 郑元畅 (Traditional is 鄭元暢) according to most sites. He's Joe Zheng according to the pinyin (newer Mainland) way of spelling which is being used more and more. Since he's from Taiwan, they also spell Zheng Cheng. Both Zheng and Cheng refer to the same Chinese surname "郑(traditional is 鄭)".

So his last name is Zheng or Cheng depending how you choose to spell it, but they refer to the same Chinese word. His first name is Yuan Chang 元畅. There is no such thing as a middle name in Chinese: Yuan Chang together is his given/first name, but you're right about the order of last name first, first name last. The "Cheng" or "Zheng" that's his last name and the "Chang" in his first name are not the same word.

Apparently he has two English names. He used to be called Bryan/Brian, but it seems his more well-known name is Joe now. His offical webpage is Joe's Family, after all.

No idea what he's working on right now, sorry. Maybe ISWAK2?
Oh! Thanks so MUCH for your reply. It's more clear now! ^_^ THANKS! :salut: :lol

About this official Web site, is it really HIS OFFICIAL site, or it's became so popular that it became official. Sorry, I can't read Chinese whatsoever, so I can't understand ANYTHING in the Joe Family page. :lol :lol :lol :unsure:

CKL

Post by CKL » May 2nd, '06, 02:11

I know, why don't they have the translating for his official 4rum :cry: I wished i can understand or at least can read the Chinese :pale:

cel

Post by cel » May 3rd, '06, 22:44

Just finished ISWAK and I really like it. I'm DL the rose now and there aren't enough seeders. Does anyone know what Joe's next project? Hoping he'll have another project with Ariel, they look good together. :wub:

SummerDream

Post by SummerDream » May 13th, '06, 11:54

:-)
Only know him in Taiwan series - > It started with a kiss
He looks nice when he is acting cool...

rickt

Post by rickt » May 16th, '06, 03:31

just finished watching "It Started With A Kiss" too! Joe seems to be a great actor since he can portray such a cool character on screen while in reality he's a goofy person. but yeah, he does seem a little feminine in ISWAK special and a couple of clips that I watched on youtube. not that it matters, as long as he can act well in his roles! :)

I found a few clips of Joe on youtube where he had to learn to dance like Bi/Rain? also where he danced 3 Bears like Bi/Rain did in Full House. what was all those reference to Bi/Rain about, anyone knows?