[Movie Discussion] Shinobi

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
lala59

Post by lala59 » Feb 26th, '06, 01:05

Thanks for the links both of you guys.

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Feb 26th, '06, 01:35

I cant seem to get into the clubbox website.
Can someone give me the direct torrent link for the movie plz?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 26th, '06, 01:43

No direct links to movie downloads.
This means direct links to torrent files, edonkey, YSI, etc...
Ppl have been mentioning where to dl this movie from in this thread and I think we provide more than enough help as is... Please make some minimal effort to try looking yourself... :roll
Asian Movie Torrent Links

myke

Post by myke » Feb 26th, '06, 15:01

Hahahaha.....
Thankz for the link n also for the information about the ' SHINOBI ' release...
i have finish dl n direct watch the movie after dl...
the movie is quit good ma...
especially 4 the CG (i think)
after seeing the movie i think i same as the anime BASILISK....
except for the ending where Oboro kill Genosuke ( in anime Oboro kill himself)

IT A GOOD MOVIE

Mustiiien

Post by Mustiiien » Feb 26th, '06, 15:15

I saw it yesterday, and it was pretty good, cool fighting scenes, Odagiri Joe was good as Gennosuke.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Feb 26th, '06, 15:29

Just saw the movie. I think its good, better than Azuma imo. Too bad Erika Sawajiri's role was way too short :lol :lol :lol

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Feb 26th, '06, 15:44

I just finish watched this movie... Really great stories and cool....
Odagiri Joe and Nakama Yukie did a great job for playin their role...Like neokenzo said, too bad Erika character way too short :D

Anyway I looking the OST, the music kinda cool also suit with the movie...

lala59

Post by lala59 » Feb 26th, '06, 20:57

Another difference between the movie and the anime was that Koshiro was a member of Iga in the anime not a member of Koga.

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Feb 26th, '06, 21:00

koshiro was supposed to be much much younger too i tihnk
i missed the parpelegic guy who hid his sword in his throat

myke

Post by myke » Feb 27th, '06, 03:49

yes.. i agree with Lala59

yes 2..Erika role is too short....
she look so innocent in the movie...(role as Hoturobi)
in anime she look scary...
and that Yakuji Tenzen.... man he really a bad guy....really no like him

i like where Gennosuke fighting with many shinobi at the temple...
really saiko best...

taro

Post by taro » Feb 27th, '06, 21:57

You might want to give some spoiler warnings, although the ending doesn't really come as much a surprise. I thought it was interesting because there is no really out and out evil bad character. Although what's his name, Tenzen was pretty bad. But he was being something of a realist, going with the changing of times, which was what was behind the story.

chunu

Post by chunu » Feb 27th, '06, 22:20

aah...I'm in love with this movie after 7 Swords! :wub: :wub:

does anyone knows where I can d/l it's OST?

thanks!

Zonakusu

Post by Zonakusu » Feb 28th, '06, 06:44

try tokyotosho.com

Ken-chan

Post by Ken-chan » Feb 28th, '06, 16:39

I also liked this movie. It isn't on top of my favourite movie list but it's definitly worth watching.
My favourite shinobi would be Sashamaru, he was quite cool :)

and I agree with what some of you people said..MORE ERIKA SAWAJIRI TO THE PEOPLE!! :)

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Feb 28th, '06, 17:09

I just finished watching it at 3 a.m and it was good! :)
I never know the anime or novel though, but I really like Gennosuke and yakushiji tenzen!

I just wish that Oboro didn't kill Gennosuke though....:(

ultrasoul

Post by ultrasoul » Feb 28th, '06, 17:31

I've watched this movie recently and I liked it very much.

The trailer was interesting and Nakama Yukie is one of my favourite actresses.

The story was kind of short and I was afraid they would make the ending like the manga.
She dies and he kills himself to be with her. Not exactly a happy ending.
Although this ending wasn't that happy either.

The special effects did go well with the movie. Not too much or exaggerated, but good enough to show the special abilities of the characters.

Some scenes reminded me of a possible ninja scroll live action movie. That would be so great. :cheers: And I think with the sfx nowadays it can be made. Just need a good cast, too.

I think it was for sure that there won't be many bloody scenes in it like in the manga or anime. This would possibly be the same with a ninja scroll movie, because they will try to reach a wider audience.

Overall, a nice movie to watch.

chunu

Post by chunu » Mar 1st, '06, 20:03

Hi....just wanted to share this beautiful song from the movie.
the link is avaliable for 7 days only.

HEAVEN....Shinobi:

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NN5L ... O567I7NYWH

enjoy :wub:

feng

Post by feng » Mar 2nd, '06, 01:09

damn.. this movie was awesome. just watched it today. wish they showed the two main characters fight more. ending was kinda slow and fast but i guess made it meaningful..
awesome graphics. awesome scenary. awesome story. acting was not bad too...
this must be my favorite jap fighting movie with a historical context... next to this is azumi.. so if u like'd azumi..this will blow ur mind.haha

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 2nd, '06, 20:25

Wow, this movie was more violent than I imagined. Nakama Yukie in the end really surprised me.
It's really cool movie! SFX is Hollywood level, it's great! I hope they release more movie like this in the future. :thumleft:

apples

Post by apples » Mar 3rd, '06, 16:55

I tried to watch the anime Basilisk, but it was too weird for me, not to mention confusing at first. After two episodes, I gave up on it. So I was sorta surprised when I watched the movie cos it reminded me of something familiar. Maybe I should check out the anime again.

I liked this movie way better than Azumi. It did seem quite short even though it was almost 2 hours long. I guess it was impossible to get more development from the characters.

At first I doubted Oboru and Gennosuke's ability, but it was cool to learn near the end that they're the strongest fighters. Ending is just sad though.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 3rd, '06, 17:08

i enjoyed the movie a lot, for visual reasons mostly though...
it did seem the plot was sort of hurried and unfinished, but that could just be because i did watch the anime before this...
and i didn't really picture a live action gennosuke the way odagiri joe looked...
but the hair grew on me... :lol
but oboro actually stabbing gennosuke??? wtf??? i haven't read the manga, maybe that's the way the story is supposed to go, but that totally shocked me... XD
anyway, great movie either way... :lol

apples

Post by apples » Mar 3rd, '06, 17:16

ironicwave wrote: and i didn't really picture a live action gennosuke the way odagiri joe looked...
but the hair grew on me... :lol
but oboro actually stabbing gennosuke??? wtf??? i haven't read the manga, maybe that's the way the story is supposed to go, but that totally shocked me... XD
anyway, great movie either way... :lol
he would have looked much better with a longer hair like yashamaru. Speaking of which, I loved his fights! So awesome.. In the anime he looked like a spider and it looked too strange for me (one of the reasons I didn't continue it). But in the movie, he looked so hot!! :wub:
From what I've read somewhere, the stabbing didn't really happen in the manga/anime. One or both of them died in a different way.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 3rd, '06, 17:32

apples wrote:he would have looked much better with a longer hair like yashamaru. Speaking of which, I loved his fights! So awesome.. In the anime he looked like a spider and it looked too strange for me (one of the reasons I didn't continue it). But in the movie, he looked so hot!! :wub:
From what I've read somewhere, the stabbing didn't really happen in the manga/anime. One or both of them died in a different way.
actually, yashamaru wasn't the spider-looking guy, yashamaru looked a little like koshiro in the anime, but in the first match his hair was cut short if i remember, so he was sort of hot in the anime too... :lol in the anime, yashamaru was the one fighting the spider-guy from koga...
and yes, the fights were indeed awesome... i really wish they had included all the characters, not just 5 on each side, but some, like the spider-guy, would've just looked too silly or their techniques would've been too hard to show in live-action...
i've actually seen the anime ending which is why the movie version shocked me so, but since you said you want to maybe watch the anime after all, i'll not mention it here... have fun... :D

apples

Post by apples » Mar 3rd, '06, 20:04

Really? Then I'll get it asap! I don't download anime, I just watch from my brother's collection and Basilisk didn't really fit his taste. I just hope it's good.

Actually, I was craving for more action. The only fight I was satisfied with was that of Yashamaru, Tenzen and maybe Gennosuke . The others were just too rushed for me. It seems like I didn't even see enough of their techniques, like Hotarubi and Saemon. It's like they introduce the character and killed them off right away. Maybe they had a time limit or something? They must have cut out a lot of scenes and just chose the most significant ones.

I'm still pondering who's hotter in this movie: Yashamaru or Gennosuke. :D

-----
EDIT: I'll stick with Yashamaru... my mother just said something disturbing about Gennosuke. :crazy:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 3rd, '06, 20:15

apples wrote:Really? Then I'll get it asap! I don't download anime, I just watch from my brother's collection and Basilisk didn't really fit his taste. I just hope it's good.

Actually, I was craving for more action. The only fight I was satisfied with was that of Yashamaru, Tenzen and maybe Gennosuke . The others were just too rushed for me. It seems like I didn't even see enough of their techniques, like Hotarubi and Saemon. It's like they introduce the character and killed them off right away. Maybe they had a time limit or something? They must have cut out a lot of scenes and just chose the most significant ones.

I'm still pondering who's hotter in this movie: Yashamaru or Gennosuke. :D

-----
EDIT: I'll stick with Yashamaru... my mother just said something disturbing about Gennosuke. :crazy:
the anime has 24 episodes i think, so there's way more time to show fight scenes and storyline... not all of the characters are very palatable actually, some are fairly gross to look at... but i enjoyed basilisk all the way, i hope you do too... :D

haha, now i'm curious what your mom had to say... :P

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 7th, '06, 00:32

I love Odagiri Joe's hair in this movie! Actually, I like this whole movie, from the quiet beginning to the "I can't believe she did that" ending. Like what others had said, it's special effect was just enough to enhance it's story and not overwhelm it. My favorite getsu is Oboro's eye of destruction. I was definitely "wow"-ed.

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Mar 8th, '06, 11:32

Hei does anyone know where can i download Basilisk manga...the manga that you all mention before this that related with this movie....

Thank

enemenemuh

Post by enemenemuh » Mar 8th, '06, 15:17

u could just go and buy it. it's available in German, e.g. :lol :lol

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Mar 8th, '06, 19:53

nicpkh wrote:Hei does anyone know where can i download Basilisk manga...the manga that you all mention before this that related with this movie....

Thank
It's on stoptazmo.com. You have to sign up for it though to download Basilisk.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 9th, '06, 02:59

Does anyone know if the novel (1958, yeah it's almost 50 years old) that both the manga and the movie are based upon is translated?

"Makai tenshou" (movie version came out in 2003) and "Yagyu Ninpouchou" were also done by the same author, if anyone is interested.

Schala

Post by Schala » Mar 9th, '06, 11:31

I just watched this last weekend. I was really disappointed with it, to be honest. The only thing it had going for it were the visuals. The plot was really boring. There was little to no character development. I need to be able to connect somewhat with at least ONE character in a movie or drama, and I really couldn't while watching this movie. I was bored that I kept getting distracted. I really like to be drawn into a movie so much, that I can't get distracted. This movie just didn't do it for me. Nakama Yukie's acting wasn't up to par either, imo. She seemed overly dramatic and stoic. I thought she could have done better. :/

cmge

Post by cmge » Mar 11th, '06, 09:47

i finally got time to watch it and i must say and agree amongst the others that have seen it that the ending was kind of weak.... Erika Sawajiri as Hotarubi was HOT!!! :wub: ... i would of prefered more fighting amongst the ninja's but alas it was cut short...

the visuals and the CG were done really well.. not over the top at all... i still enjoyed it but i was expecting alot more... seeing that i saw the anime (only upto ep20) b4 the movie...

Yukie Nakama will always be Yankumi to me... her "Eyes of Destruction" was soo rad tho.. much better than its anime counterpart... :D

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 11th, '06, 22:57

This isn't a rant but I don't understand what people mean by the ending being weak. Do people expect Oboro to kill Tokugawa Ieyasu? Ieyasu in the show is a real historical character, and you can't just change history. If it's to remain a period piece, some historical accuracy needs to be maintained.

A possible analogy would be an Indian warrior that assassinates George Washington just as the Revolutionary War comes to a close. It would not make much sense.

myke

Post by myke » Mar 12th, '06, 04:56

historical just history...in our ife :P
just make it history

just remember the historey to make our new future :mrgreen:

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Mar 12th, '06, 05:00

SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dywen

Post by dywen » Mar 15th, '06, 15:20

Jsut finished watching this movie and i have to say that it is good :salut: , well i had no high expectations since most japanese movies i watched don't have great visuals but they are fun to watch just the same :P also there were alot of negative comments but i really liked it. it was abit altered from the manga maybe thats y most people dont like but what can we expect of the limited time.
Just wondering, did any of you guys notice how in the part where oboro tried to use her eyes of destruction she couldn't do it then she unsheathed her dagger? Is it just me but it looked liked she tried to kill herself and somehow gennusuke used his jutsu since his eyes were flashing.

from my understanding of his jutsu it seems like he reverses the attack of his enemy like if you try to slash him your blade turns on you, so i guess that when oboro decided to kill herself he used his jutsu on her making her kill him.
anyways in the anime she really did kill herself maybe the movie added a new twist to the story

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 15th, '06, 17:55

dywen wrote:
Just wondering, did any of you guys notice how in the part where oboro tried to use her eyes of destruction she couldn't do it then she unsheathed her dagger? Is it just me but it looked liked she tried to kill herself and somehow gennusuke used his jutsu since his eyes were flashing.

from my understanding of his jutsu it seems like he reverses the attack of his enemy like if you try to slash him your blade turns on you, so i guess that when oboro decided to kill herself he used his jutsu on her making her kill him.
anyways in the anime she really did kill herself maybe the movie added a new twist to the story
I'm pretty sure Gennosuke's jutsu is just to slow down time around him. He can 'reflect' enemy attack because he can catch it, then throw it back. I think Oboro probably thought Gennosuke would kill him with his jutsu, but he just stood there and let her live..

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 15th, '06, 18:12

@Schala - I feel the same way. After everybody was SO enthusiastic, I thought it was gonna be just great, but was generally dsappointed with everything except the effects. The acting and the plot were just a real disappoinment... especially seeing Nakama Yukie being directed so badly. I pretty much blame the director for the way it turned out. I wish Takashi Miike had directed it.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 15th, '06, 21:17

The movie had a lot of potential with the cast and the visuals, but the story and directing was a bit weak, so not as good as it could have been.

But overall, it was still quite a good movie, I'd give it an 8/10

sw33t_angel

Post by sw33t_angel » Mar 18th, '06, 01:45

i just saw the trailer for tis drama. i tink it's prettie good. is it out in download with eng sub?

Schala

Post by Schala » Mar 18th, '06, 17:37

sw33t_angel wrote:i just saw the trailer for tis drama. i tink it's prettie good. is it out in download with eng sub?
It's actually a movie, not a drama, so it's not offered on D-Addicts.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 19th, '06, 02:29

sw33t_angel wrote:i just saw the trailer for tis drama. i tink it's prettie good. is it out in download with eng sub?
You get almost all torrents on isohunt. However, quality is not very good, and sub is VERY poor.
It actually comes with official English sub on DVD. Buy it through Yesasia link top left (support d-addicts as well as Shouchiku!).

Kae

Post by Kae » Mar 20th, '06, 00:03

I love the visual. There could've been more action. There wasn't enough time for the characters to develop. Nevertheless, I'd still buy the DVD.

ladyfoxx

Post by ladyfoxx » Mar 20th, '06, 06:44

i was dissapointed. :glare: maybe if this movie came out 5 years ago i would have been impressed but, there was nothing about this movie that was good. Same 'ol predictable plot and not to mention trite and borderline overused. And yes, no character development. The ending was blah, like i said overused. ***sigh*** It makes me sad because it could've been great----if only it came out 5 years ago.

sejabin

Post by sejabin » Mar 21st, '06, 05:39

Kae wrote:I love the visual. There could've been more action. There wasn't enough time for the characters to develop. Nevertheless, I'd still buy the DVD.
I agree.
I thought the characters were killed off so easily. That made me mad.
There could've been more scenes of Oboro fighting too.
meh...

Still a good film, but not the best.

blueMC

Post by blueMC » May 6th, '06, 11:19

Watching the movie was like seeing a video game with real people, but much, much better...

It was such a visual spectacle -- vivid colors, intense shots of landscapes, great unique angles during the fight scenes, images coming to life, even the close-ups of the actors were beautifully done. From start to end, you could watch the movie and not care about the story. Not that the story sucked, but the visuals were just fantastic.

I like how the love angle was presented, it wasn't mushy. It was rather subdued and very "ninja-esque", but nonetheless, sincere and true.

The effects and action scenes were done with a certain amount of restraint so they didn't come off as too showy or overindulgent. But they were still awesome and so exciting. The speed during the fight scenes was balanced by slow-paced moments like when the 2 leads first met and the scene at the end.

Throughout the movie, they were able to preserve the ancient Japanese style and setting of the story amidst the SFX-enhanced action scenes. Overall, it was a fine blend of modern technology and the Japanese aesthetic. I'm only disappointed because it was too short. Also, I'd love to see it on the big screen ~

irwinc

Post by irwinc » Jun 1st, '06, 22:34

I've just seen this film. It stank. It must be from all that cheese...

youkka

Post by youkka » Aug 7th, '06, 07:16

i watch the movie it was great :D

good adaptation of the anime Basilisk :D

sachin

Post by sachin » Apr 1st, '07, 12:37

shinobi was awesome.. :w00t:
the best movie i haver ever seen..i like movies with ninjas and shinobis and samurais and so on.! SHINOBI WAS VERY COOOL!! :cheers:

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Apr 5th, '07, 00:57

it seems like the violence was to attract the male population, whilst the lovey dovey parts was to attract the female population... huh...

it was decent at most.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Apr 5th, '07, 01:16

I don't understand why people are hooting and hollering about this film, it gets an A for AWFUL.
There were limited fighting scenes and the two main characters seem to be wandering to nowhere. I mean from the forest to the desert, it doesn't makes sense. I hated this film. The costume, the look of the film were so low-budget.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 5th, '07, 08:17

^ Were you paying attention to the film? They were not wandering to nowhere... They had a clear purpose in the movie. By the way, the film is completely filmed in Japan, that was a sand dune. The biggest one is in Tottori, it's probably filmed there.

I liked this film a lot... The only thing that I didn't like was the acting... Nakama Yukie could've done better.

Yes the fighting scenes ARE short, but I thought it was pretty cool. Short fight scenes are more realistic. Seriously, fighting with such weapons can't possibly last long like all the anime fights. It was by far the best CG I've ever seen in a Japanese film. They are low budget compared to US films.

Ore.Sama

Post by Ore.Sama » Apr 5th, '07, 12:11

Simply Awesome ^^... totally agree with 8thSin

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 6th, '07, 04:00

I really like the anime and manga version. The live-action movie was cool but I don't enjoy it as much. I find it funny how they made Gennousuke the more emotional one and Oboro as more cold-hearted. :lol

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Apr 8th, '07, 14:10

The manga was better.
The anime was better.
The book was far better.

All those changes to the plot, missing characters... how to f*** up a great storyline. And no offense to Nakama Yukie, but she was too old, too mature for Oboro.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Apr 8th, '07, 23:23

8thSin wrote:^ Were you paying attention to the film? They were not wandering to nowhere... They had a clear purpose in the movie. By the way, the film is completely filmed in Japan, that was a sand dune. The biggest one is in Tottori, it's probably filmed there.

I liked this film a lot... The only thing that I didn't like was the acting... Nakama Yukie could've done better.
It was by far the best CG I've ever seen in a Japanese film. They are low budget compared to US films.
Freaking yes, I was paying attention and this movie was a piece of ****. The costume could have been better. Just because you're low budget, doesn't mean you should have no plot. Seriously people, this movie was a piece of crap and that's why it bombed at the box office.

Acting=puke
No chemistry between lead guy and girl.

livinz_soljah

Post by livinz_soljah » Apr 14th, '07, 05:17

hi, does anyone know if there's a direct download link for the subs? i cant seem to d/l them from clobbox mandyquyen... it only 20k, but like i can't seem to get a connection... oh and i was wondering if the subs founded in this clubbox works with the dvdrip version from idol unlimited... dunnoe why, but the subtitles arent there at idols with the movie.... if anybody can help me, i'd very much appreciate it. thanks ^_^

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 14th, '07, 07:14

livinz_soljah wrote:hi, does anyone know if there's a direct download link for the subs? i cant seem to d/l them from clobbox mandyquyen... it only 20k, but like i can't seem to get a connection... oh and i was wondering if the subs founded in this clubbox works with the dvdrip version from idol unlimited... dunnoe why, but the subtitles arent there at idols with the movie.... if anybody can help me, i'd very much appreciate it. thanks ^_^
For subs, go to kloofy.net.

livinz_soljah

Post by livinz_soljah » Apr 16th, '07, 11:29

hey THanks alot Ueda Jiro. Found it and it works perfectly. Thanks a bunch!! ^_^

anoney

Post by anoney » Apr 16th, '07, 16:17

Takekaze wrote:The manga was better.
The anime was better.
The book was far better.
And this was the problem.

The movie had too much to live up to. Like most comic book movies they never really manage to capture the full impact of the comic/book so we are left with an average movie and a subpar comic book adaptation.

I enjoyed the movie because I had no idea it was based on anything to start with. As I discovered the manga/anime I too found myself agreeing with the naysayers to some extent. As a movie though, I stand by my original reaction when I first saw it; enjoyable fluff.

TRaven

Post by TRaven » Apr 16th, '07, 17:14

Yea, this movie wasn't too good.

And the part that gets me is,
HOW DOES SHE HAVE EYES AT THE END?!?!?!?!?!?!

anoney

Post by anoney » Apr 16th, '07, 17:24

I assumed she didn't poke them out, she only injured them (thus leaving her blind). Hence, the discolouration of the eyes.

TRaven

Post by TRaven » Apr 17th, '07, 04:27

anoney wrote:I assumed she didn't poke them out, she only injured them (thus leaving her blind). Hence, the discolouration of the eyes.
boo! i wanted empty sockets dammit! EMPTY SOCKETS!