Palace / Goong (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
cuteaznj9

Post by cuteaznj9 » Mar 11th, '06, 07:06

ai!!! the BEST!!! shin sooo CUTE!! when will the rest of the episodes come out?

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » Mar 11th, '06, 08:29

CraZyaH wrote:
xKiMix wrote:awww...Even if i'm a Shin camper, i would have to admit, he did deserve that slap.
What pisses me off is that its both obvious that they like each other but they are still are going to have the divorce/step down from being the next king! Its perfect now since they both like each other but they are still planning to do those things. and CG is really slow, and not noticing that shin likes her, he gets jealous, and show hints, and kisses her! Then again it maybe that freakin Hyorin's fault that cause her to doubt shin's love. :glare:
well I think the reason why she doesn't notice that he actually likes her,is because she thinks he's being more possessive than loving,,,and he does seem like that kind of person,u know the kind that likes to have everything just for the sake of it :glare:
EXACTLY... I think CG is feeling that way..

Nevertheless... SHIN is still the best :wub: hehe..
He was so cute when he sat by the bed looking at himself and wondering if CG saw him naked..HAHAH :goggle:
ooooo wed wed.. come quickly!! :wub:

ranggi23

Post by ranggi23 » Mar 11th, '06, 08:50

Hi guys i`m new to this site..I am extreamly addicted to Goong..I `have watched` esp 18 :cry: ,even though i don`t understand it bcoz there is no subs, but still i could feel the pain than Shin has...huhuhu..By watching that, i have a feeling that the ending will be bad,if not why would they have to make an extra esp..any comments??? :whistling:

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 10:42

ranggi23 wrote:Hi guys i`m new to this site..I am extreamly addicted to Goong..I `have watched` esp 18 :cry: ,even though i don`t understand it bcoz there is no subs, but still i could feel the pain than Shin has...huhuhu..By watching that, i have a feeling that the ending will be bad,if not why would they have to make an extra esp..any comments??? :whistling:
This is what I got off soompi.com
Submitted by CindyW88 on Wed, 03/01/2006 - 3:13pm. category: tv/film news
2/28/06 – MBC decides to extend the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Palace” for 4 more episodes. These 4 episodes could be called “Season 2 production”. Originally, the drama has 20 episodes and will wrap up on 3/16. On 2/28, the drama manager of MBC Kim Sa Hyun reveals, “We will extend 4 more episodes of the drama ‘Palace’ as season 2 production. As to the problems pertaining to organization and TV commercials, details remain to be discussed. The production of 4 more episodes is underway now.” This drama is popular with TV ratings close to 30%.
So season 1 = 20 epsodes + 4 extra episodes
and Season 2 should start Winter 2007

:whistling:

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » Mar 11th, '06, 10:49

Sigghhh.. I really hope the open ending to prepare for season 2 wouldn't leave us hanging and frustrated.. :glare: Better be good!!

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 11:03

i'm still waiting for episode 15 sub to be out. I'm controlling myself not to watch it without the subs... arghghh.. Cant' wait :crazy:

grr

Post by grr » Mar 11th, '06, 11:06

HEY guys! I'm new here too!

This drama has not been shown here in Hawaii but it will be soon. However, I've already watched the first 10 ESP. through this thread and youtube...just wondering when will the completed subtitled vods (ep 15, 16, 17, 18...etc..) come out?

Sorry for being impatient! with just the 10 episodes that I've watched, I'M ALREADY HOOKED.... and I'm actually disciplining myself not to watch the rest until I know all episodes had been subtitled..hehehe...

I'm not sure if i made sense....anyway, to those people who helps with subbing THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 11:12

by the waycrazyah, i like your sig
:P

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 11:12

grr wrote:HEY guys! I'm new here too!

This drama has not been shown here in Hawaii but it will be soon. However, I've already watched the first 10 ESP. through this thread and youtube...just wondering when will the completed subtitled vods (ep 15, 16, 17, 18...etc..) come out?

Sorry for being impatient! with just the 10 episodes that I've watched, I'M ALREADY HOOKED.... and I'm actually disciplining myself not to watch the rest until I know all episodes had been subtitled..hehehe...

I'm not sure if i made sense....anyway, to those people who helps with subbing THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well I'd say watch episodes 11-14 till the subs for the rest are ready and out :-)

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » Mar 11th, '06, 11:16

CraZyaH wrote:
grr wrote:HEY guys! I'm new here too!

well I'd say watch episodes 11-14 till the subs for the rest are ready and out :-)
YUPZ... watch the rest first... for all you know.. you'll be obsessed and even watching the episodes without subs! LIKE ME! :alcoholic:

grr

Post by grr » Mar 11th, '06, 11:17

CraZyaH wrote: well I'd say watch episodes 11-14 till the subs for the rest are ready and out :-)
that's true but I think I won't be able to compose myself waiting...for the rest to come out..hehehe...

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 11:22

grr wrote:
CraZyaH wrote: well I'd say watch episodes 11-14 till the subs for the rest are ready and out :-)
that's true but I think I won't be able to compose myself waiting...for the rest to come out..hehehe...
well do as the rest of us,watch them Raw ^^
or you could just go to the Goong thread at Soompi.com and read the summaries and spot translations they have ^^

ranggi23

Post by ranggi23 » Mar 11th, '06, 11:23

Guys, have you watched Goong MV (obvious song) made by some one..This MV is hilarious..Soo cute and sweet seeing Shin and CG fighting..

Here the link:

Give credit to them..

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 11:32

ranggi23 wrote:Guys, have you watched Goong MV (obvious song) made by some one..This MV is hilarious..Soo cute and sweet seeing Shin and CG fighting..

Here the link:

Give credit to them..
hahahaha!!! that was sooo cute and hilarious XD!!!!

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 11:37

haha yah sooo cute!!!

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Mar 11th, '06, 12:51

Well eventhough the subs for 15-18 is not out yet , i can't wait to watched ep 19 & 20 alr even without the subs, wonder wat is going to happen at this coming week ep

Koryo84

Post by Koryo84 » Mar 11th, '06, 13:35

I just hope that there won't be an open end...
Season 2 is coming in Winter 2007 O_____O ?
Almost two years to wait?
Or is it in 2006/2007 ? >.<

What I hope for the ending of Season 1 is :
that in the episodes 19 + 20 Shin will finally say I love you to CG XD~
Perhaps they will show this press conference where CG originally wanted to announce her divorce but Shin said, that he loves her *g*
Everything, but NO open End!!!!

Perhaps they'll follow the manga ^^; but.... no.. there must be a happy end with CG & Shin!
Nya, I'm happy that I've found a series which hooked by with the first episode... and I don't need the subs *~* for it!
There wasn't any other korean series I really liked (this season).. so... first time I'm happy to understand this language XD

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 13:38

Koryo84 wrote:I just hope that there won't be an open end...

Perhaps they will show this press conference where CG originally wanted to announce her divorce but Shin said, that he loves her *g*

Perhaps they'll follow the manga ^^; but.... no.. there must be a happy end with CG & Shin!
what 2 years? 2007 is next year lol :whistling:
I don't think they'd give it an open ending cuz that would totally ruin the drama :glare: but I think they might add more to the story,other than Shin & CG's relationship.

Edit:
My Girl was one of the best kdramas of this season XD you should watch that

Koryo84

Post by Koryo84 » Mar 11th, '06, 13:50

CraZyaH wrote:
Koryo84 wrote:I just hope that there won't be an open end...

what 2 years? 2007 is next year lol :whistling:
I don't think they'd give it an open ending cuz that would totally ruin the drama :glare: but I think they might add more to the story,other than Shin & CG's relationship.

Edit:
My Girl was one of the best kdramas of this season XD you should watch that
Yeah, next year XD but counting it in months >.< quite long... we've only march now *sigh* and if the second season will be aired in winter 2007/2008 :cry:

I hope that they will make a perfect ending for the first season and as you said, for season 2 more developing into other relationships *nods*
If there would be an open end for season 1, I don't think that I could sleep well until season 2 *lol*

Hm, I'll give the other drama a try ^.~ but I love "Goong" because of those half-historical things *___*
Last edited by Koryo84 on Mar 11th, '06, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 13:50

havent watch it yet...

but i heard quite alot about My girl... :D

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 13:54

ocling wrote:havent watch it yet...

but i heard quite alot about My girl... :D
omg ! you both should watch iT!! it was one of the greatest kdramas made so far XD!!

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » Mar 11th, '06, 14:00

HAH! i'm watching My girl now.. @ Ep 13.. it's the other drama that i'm hooked to.. Must Watch! :cheers:

But.. i really dun have a clue wat to expect for goong's ending. every episode now is like.. you tot CG and Shin will open to each other then comes the misunderstanding .. shishh... :glare:

and one thing for sure!! this aint going to be a tragic ending series where the 2 main character errmm... better not say it!! *cross finger* :unsure:

Koryo84

Post by Koryo84 » Mar 11th, '06, 14:02

No O.O this absolutely can't become a tragic series ><

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Mar 11th, '06, 14:03

It would be a long wait for season 2, anyway, if they follow the manga ending how is it 1??
Can anyone tell me??

Koryo84

Post by Koryo84 » Mar 11th, '06, 14:04

manwha is still ongoing~

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 14:04

ahh guess i'm going to watch My Girl now.. :lol :lol

PsychoWabbit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by PsychoWabbit » Mar 11th, '06, 14:07

errmmm.. would it be too much for me to ask,,, :blink where can i download manwha... heehe.. sowi...

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Mar 11th, '06, 14:07

Well i juz finished dl all the ep of My Girl, now i can see it 1st while waiting for the ep 19 & 20

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 11th, '06, 17:01

ohh !!! my girl
i'm have all episodes and love it!!! truly good serie to watch and recommend..

O.O wait!!! 2007 it's come Goong season 2
that long o.o and that really long ...

i'm waiting for a episode 19 and 20 too omg

ps: so that mean a manhwa gonna have more 16 vol .... :scratch:

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 17:07

yah 2007 is a long time :-(

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Mar 11th, '06, 18:29

Miaka FY wrote:ohh !!! my girl

i heard it was going to be around 14? :unsure:
Maybe that's why they are going to air the other 4 episode in 2007, maybe they are going to wait till the manhwa finishes? :unsure: it would be more logical that way because since they got the story from the manhwa, it should end somewhat like the manhwa too.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 18:30

xKiMix wrote:

Maybe that's why they are going to air the other 4 episode in 2007, maybe they are going to wait till the manhwa finishes? :unsure: it would be more logical that way because since they got the story from the manhwa, it should end somewhat like the manhwa too.
ROFL!!! Kimi that sig!! LOL!!

cute :unsure:

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 18:32

yeah cute!

where you all get sigs like that?

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 18:34

ocling wrote:yeah cute!

where you all get sigs like that?
I just learned and made mine lol kimi makes hers too hehehe

ocling

Post by ocling » Mar 11th, '06, 18:37

ohhh wow~~ what software did you use?

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 11th, '06, 18:39

ocling wrote:ohhh wow~~ what software did you use?
off topic haha,but I used Virtual Dub first to cut the frames and save the image sequence,then used Adobe ImageReady to create the gif ^^

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Mar 11th, '06, 18:40

CraZyaH wrote:
xKiMix wrote:

ROFL!!! Kimi that sig!! LOL!!

cute :unsure:
:lol When i saw that scene, i was like: "okey, time to change my sig...." :whistling:

ocling yup i make mines, too. I use photoshop. I like making my own sigs, so its original. I'll hunt down whoever steals them!!! :twisted:

HopelessxRomantic

Post by HopelessxRomantic » Mar 11th, '06, 21:11

I personally love Shin && Yul both. They're both VERY good looking guys. :wub:

I think its sort of dumb to make the second season so far away.
I would think people would lose interest.

Its so frustrating that CG and shin dont really know that they like each other. :x
Thats one thing that I seriously hate about K-dramas
yet they're so addicting.

jumbo

Post by jumbo » Mar 11th, '06, 21:18

what sucks is that they didn't show us a preview of the next episode instead they show the bears which are really cute but i want to know what happens next

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Mar 12th, '06, 02:43

xKiMix, i love your sig, lol! so funny!

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Mar 12th, '06, 06:33

^^Thanks! :D :P
xKiMix wrote:
crazy_me wrote:
wishful_thinking wrote:
it would have been better if he said something different rather than saying "im your husband" =(

maybe something sweet?
yeah i agree with you but his response was so like him :lol plus the fact that he was angry and jealous at the same time because of what Yul did to his wife earlier :whistling: oh well, that's shin, haha :lol
Well, i'm thinking the reason why shin acts that way, is because he doesn't really know how to act affectionately to others. Unlike yul, who spent 14 years with his mother, and he has been cared for and knows how to show affection. Like the time Shin called his mother, "mom," he seems like he is wondering how it would feel like to actually call your own mother, mom.
usyagitntn was right from the sub thread, lets discuss about that topic here!

crazy_me

Post by crazy_me » Mar 12th, '06, 06:46

Well, i'm thinking the reason why shin acts that way, is because he doesn't really know how to act affectionately to others. Unlike yul, who spent 14 years with his mother, and he has been cared for and knows how to show affection. Like the time Shin called his mother, "mom," he seems like he is wondering how it would feel like to actually call your own mother, mom.
i agree with you :thumleft:

okei please spare me with this one, it's gonna be my first and last off topic statement i promise :pale:
just want to ask if there are any sites where i can dl photoshop free? or i don't have any choice but to buy one? coz i've been seeing you guys making cute signatures and i want to learn too, lol..

catherinele21

Post by catherinele21 » Mar 12th, '06, 06:55

CraZyaH wrote:
ocling wrote:ohhh wow~~ what software did you use?
off topic haha,but I used Virtual Dub first to cut the frames and save the image sequence,then used Adobe ImageReady to create the gif ^^
hehe how cool, i wanna learn how to make one too! cool sig. pic ya got there!

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: ...

Post by xKiMix » Mar 12th, '06, 07:23

crazy_me wrote:
i agree with you :thumleft:

okei please spare me with this one, it's gonna be my first and last off topic statement i promise :pale:
just want to ask if there are any sites where i can dl photoshop free? or i don't have any choice but to buy one? coz i've been seeing you guys making cute signatures and i want to learn too, lol..
^^ i don't think you have to put a spoiler tag for that one! lol
I got mines from limewire, but you would have to search which ones have serial numbers, and you have to watch out for the trial ones also. --end off topic :P

VietZeus

I have to get something out of my chest. Please forgive me!

Post by VietZeus » Mar 12th, '06, 08:05

Goong (palace) Spoiler WARNING.

Does anyone ELSE notice Shin, Goong (palace), dresses gayer than anything you have seen in your life?

Except for the tall frame, everything about him indicate he is gay. He even make the man suit looks gay (by sitting with one leg crosses the other; now most men would look good in the suit if it wasn't for that ridiculously thin and womanly body of his).

Go back to episode 5 almost at the end of the episode, you will find a scene where he sat like a woman pointing his butt up.

Episode 1 he wore a pink shirt with a white tight pant. Oh come on guys, he makes Little Richard look like a pimp.

What agitate me the most is "How the hell did this gay, i meant guy, landed the main male character role?" and Yoon Eun Hye is adorable.

He acts badly. I know how Rain acts; this guy wouldn't be able to lick his shoe. For example: WARNING SPOILER

The part where Hyorin said:" Do you have to make that face (worried face) in front of me?". I was sitting there wondering WHAT FACE?

NO EMOTION whatsoever from his acting. Stone cold face. The other male role, Yul, acts better than HIM.

For the love of god, he is not good looking. Unfit for Yoon Eun Hye and unfit for good Korean drama.

I could not feel anything from his acting except for the verbals that forced the situation to be understandable.

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 12th, '06, 08:11

Lookwise i don't think he is suitable for this role as SHIN in manga is supposed to be very good looking, for me he isn't.
But to be slightly fair abt this, Shin's character in the manga is supposed to be stone faced and COLD.
I think as for the way the actor dresses that isn't up to him ??! It'¨s the costume department's choice!??
I like Yul's actor more. He is cute. ^^ And suits YUL's characters in the manga. Though manga's people are always more perfect and beautiful than real life people.....so.............we shouldn't be too hard on the real people...hehe

xzinkz

Post by xzinkz » Mar 12th, '06, 08:16

you know what ? i'm gonna have to agree with you about the gay part. i'm glad someone came out and said it. i thought i was the only one feeling that way. i've watched up to ep 3 and this drama for some reason isn't getting to me.

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Mar 12th, '06, 08:23

ok then can you explain why he landed a SUPPORTING role?

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Spring_Waltz

bad acting that's why

NO it is unexcusable to dress like that. Shin dresses more gay clothes than all of San Francisco clothing lines.

Why doesn't Yul look gay? huh? he's also a prince. he's also a character in this story and I don't recall him look like a homo in any suit.
Last edited by VietZeus on Mar 12th, '06, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Mar 12th, '06, 08:26

Well, i don't think that Shin looks or is gay at all. First, he doesn't choose for his clothes on the drama otherwise he would probably never wear these horrible things. Second he is taller and thinner than Yul so his body look careless (dunno the real word for this). And what is a big deal with a guy wearing a pink shirt or whatever it is? You can't compare these two characters because they don't have the same role. One is supposed to be the bad guy and the other the super cool guy, I'm not saying that Yul actor isn't good but I do prefer Shin one because he looks cutter and his acting is better in my opinion.

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Mar 12th, '06, 08:35

Maddie87 wrote:Well, i don't think that Shin looks or is gay at all. First, he doesn't choose for his clothes on the drama otherwise he would probably never wear these horrible things. Second he is taller and thinner than Yul so his body look careless (dunno the real word for this). And what is a big deal with a guy wearing a pink shirt or whatever it is? You can't compare these two characters because they don't have the same role. One is supposed to be the bad guy and the other the super cool guy, I'm not saying that Yul actor isn't good but I do prefer Shin one because he looks cutter and his acting is better in my opinion.
WHoaa there. I saw all 14 episodes and I never once thought Yul is the bad guy. The real bad guy is Shin, he is an A**.

Yul is just a poor guy who is forced to follow his mother. He didn't like to see his mother try to commit suicide again. He wanted to be King only because he was in love with the crown princess AND Shin hurted her badly.

Yul's mother made him look like the bad guy.

Ok he tries to team up with Hyrin but he did his best to protect the one he loves from hurting. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Never once that he forced himself on her (kiss). He was not greedy of power or politic but to follow his heart. He did not try to black mail her.

Shin on the other hand could not make his own damn mind up. He abandoned his wife why?; because his mother expect him to be more powerful? and go out with Hyorin during the trip to Thailand?

Oh come on this is so far the most ridiculous drama I have ever seen.

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Mar 12th, '06, 08:45

When I said "bad guy" I wasn't referring to Yul. He is quite nice and Shin is (was for now) bad. How to explain his behaviour? If you analyze the whole thing, you'll see that he may not show it but the divorce idea hurts him too even thought he was the first to talk about it. If his relation with CG ends now, he won't go back with Hyorin, I'm pretty sure about it. You can't be mad at him just because he didn''t treat CG well from the start because he already told her that he liked someone and she knew that someone. Now he is starting to change and anyway there are 6 more episodes left before the next season, let's see them before arguing maybe you'll change your mind (or me who knows).

miriko

Post by miriko » Mar 12th, '06, 08:55

Ok... I understand your post... Especially about the wardrobe... But then again nothing for me will ever beat that super weird green shirt that Bi wore in Full House (when they were at the hotel in China)

But give the actor a break... Its his first drama and he's cute to boot!

I think all of the main cast in this drama need some SERIOUS acting lessons, but that doesnt mean they wont get bette...

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Mar 12th, '06, 08:58

miriko wrote:Ok... I understand your post... Especially about the wardrobe... But then again nothing for me will ever beat that super weird green shirt that Bi wore in Full House (when they were at the hotel in China)

I think all of the main cast in this drama need some SERIOUS acting lessons, but that doesnt mean they wont get bette...
totally agree on this

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Mar 12th, '06, 08:58

Don't we already have a Goong thread? :scratch:

I agree that his wardrobe is ghastly :pale: but you could put the blame to whoever is responsible for dressing these kids. There's a certain touching scene between Shin an CG, but the moment I saw his polka dot shirt...I burst out laughing. Even YEH looks a bit weird on some of her get-ups. They make her look bulky when she's not. I like her best in her school uniform. For the acting department...he's doing an ok job for a debut drama. It might turn off a few guys, but as u can see...his fanbase is growing. I don't think he's a good actor myself, but his acting doesn't annoy me...so it's all good. Except for those random moments, where he fumbles and plays with the teddybear. :crazy:
Yul's wardrobe is normal...no ribbons, not a lot of silks, regular pants, that's why you don't find him as "gay" as Shin. And that's also coz, he has the shoulder for CG to cry on but to be dumped later on. Poor him.

cuteaznj9

Post by cuteaznj9 » Mar 12th, '06, 09:12

Maddie87 wrote:Well, i don't think that Shin looks or is gay at all. First, he doesn't choose for his clothes on the drama otherwise he would probably never wear these horrible things. Second he is taller and thinner than Yul so his body look careless (dunno the real word for this). And what is a big deal with a guy wearing a pink shirt or whatever it is? You can't compare these two characters because they don't have the same role. One is supposed to be the bad guy and the other the super cool guy, I'm not saying that Yul actor isn't good but I do prefer Shin one because he looks cutter and his acting is better in my opinion.
I agree with Maddie ^^
SHIN is not gay.....even though his outfits are..doesn't mean he wears that in real life...he's suppose to portray a spoiled rich prince......and shin is a perfectly fine actor

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 12th, '06, 09:12

miriko wrote:Ok... I understand your post... Especially about the wardrobe... But then again nothing for me will ever beat that super weird green shirt that Bi wore in Full House (when they were at the hotel in China)

that is EXACTLY the same outfit i was thinking of when i read the first post. :lol

and i agree. i don't think it's really fair to single out any one of the main actors. none of them are really that good. i'd have to say that the guy that plays yul is probably the best out of the bunch.

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Mar 12th, '06, 09:13

Maybe this thread should be merged? :unsure:

As the others said, his clothing does really suck, but you should put in to mind that it wasn't his choice to wear those. About the acting, it may not be all that great but it's not horribly bad either. In the manhwa, where this drama originated i think he is playing the role quite well, a guy that is cold, cool, and at times emotionless. And for him the one being the bad guy, thats also in the manhwa. As i brought up in the goong thread, he was raised to be a prince, he couldn't even call his mother "mom" he hasn't learn how to show affection. As for Yul who spent those 14 years with his mom lived a normal life and learned how to express his feelings freely. He may of had the supporting role in Spring Waltz, but if his acting was so horrible then why would they extrend Goong for another season?

Fang_jing

Post by Fang_jing » Mar 12th, '06, 09:38

Yes, Joo Ji Hoon acts really gay sometimes. Obviously he doesn't have full control over what he wears, but the way he moves (the precise gait, the delicate movements) are--in my mind--immediate give aways.

As for his acting...I think it's no worse than Yul's. All of the main characters look painfully inexperienced (although the girl who plays CG is rather charismatic and fun), especially compared to the great performances by the secondary cast members.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 12th, '06, 10:02

o my :blink hahaha

hey he used to be/is? a model,and I think his moves are pretty much like the rest of the "asian-male-models" but he's just soo skinny that his moves look gay I guess lol

and about his clothing,well first,they've all got their own stylists,so he doesn't really get to pick what he wears..also, I believe what he wears in the drama is a lot like what Shin's been wearing in the manhwa..same with Kim Jung Hoon and manhwa Yul :unsure:
it's his first lead role.hmm and its probably his FIRST time acting (?),so I think you guys shouldn't be expecting much from him...and just like kimi said,he's supposed to act "cold",people who've read the manhwa should know what I mean..
hehehe but anyway,glad u all think Kim Jung Hoon's a better actor :wub: :wub: :wub:
xKiMix wrote:Maybe this thread should be merged? :unsure:
well this is mainly about Joo Ji Hoon not Goong,so I guess merging it with Joo Ji Hoon's thread would be better I guess :unsure:

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 12th, '06, 10:15

xKiMix wrote:Maybe this thread should be merged? :unsure:

As the others said, his clothing does really suck, but you should put in to mind that it wasn't his choice to wear those. About the acting, it may not be all that great but it's not horribly bad either. In the manhwa, where this drama originated i think he is playing the role quite well, a guy that is cold, cool, and at times emotionless. And for him the one being the bad guy, thats also in the manhwa. As i brought up in the goong thread, he was raised to be a prince, he couldn't even call his mother "mom" he hasn't learn how to show affection. As for Yul who spent those 14 years with his mom lived a normal life and learned how to express his feelings freely. He may of had the supporting role in Spring Waltz, but if his acting was so horrible then why would they extrend Goong for another season?
they're extending goong because of high ratings of course. All three main leads for goong need major acting lessons. I watched the first 12 episodes because of Yoon Eun Hye. After the 12th episode, the acting started to get to me so i stopped watching goong.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Mar 12th, '06, 10:19

I was feeling the exact same way but not about Shin but about Yul. Shin's mannerisms (for instance the way he sits) works in his favor.

Yul, on the other hand.... WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING? He already looks really feminine. He shouldn't be wearing fruity necklaces and bright pink sweaters. I like Kim Jung Hoon, really. In tv shows and in Banjun drama, he comes off as just a charismatic bishounen, but in Goong... if you haven't seen the latest episodes then this thread is out of date. Yul comes off gay to the max!!!!!!!

As for Shin's wardrobe, it's cool except for the occasional polka dot and bow tie. :pale:

[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4002 ... rhdtv5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/2789 ... rhdtv4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4092 ... rhdtv9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5651 ... orhdtv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/2027 ... rhdtv2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6218 ... rhdtv3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3273 ... hdtv10.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/2494 ... hdtv11.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7197 ... rhdtv7.jpg[/img]

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Mar 12th, '06, 10:26

I agree that the wardrode dept definitely made wrong decisions for JJH's costumes. Especially since YEH had some really nice costumes and hairstyles. When he's wearing a normal suit and tie, he looks good. Too bad the wardrobe dept tried to be over creative. (Too much creativity = those bib shirts :P )

In regards to his acting, I think he's doing okay... especially for a newbie. Actually, when I first started watching, I thought the female leads acting lacked a bit... Especially the actress that played Hyorin. Even though she is trying to get Shin back, she never really shows any emotional expressions. Sometimes I used to think, "Do you really want him or you just saying it?"

But I guess now I'm used the entire cast. :-)

knuts

Post by knuts » Mar 12th, '06, 10:28

LOL, Vietzeus, I am glad you brought up. I thought I was being picky.

It is not only his clothing, the way he moves, he sits, etc....is so ..... I would not be surprised, if the actor playing "Shin" was gay.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 12th, '06, 10:30

Ssang wrote:I was feeling the exact same way but not about Shin but about Yul. Shin's mannerisms (for instance the way he sits) works in his favor.

Yul, on the other hand.... WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING? He already looks really feminine. He shouldn't be wearing fruity necklaces and bright pink sweaters. I like Kim Jung Hoon, really. In tv shows and in Banjun drama, he comes off as just a charismatic bishounen, but in Goong... if you haven't seen the latest episodes then this thread is out of date. Yul comes off gay to the max!!!!!!!
well I would say that what Kim Jung Hoon's been wearing so far is how Yul is dressed in the manhwa but with a "real life" look ofcourse,cuz everything seems great when drawn,but not when worn lol...
Attachments
Yul : Manhwa x Drama
Yul : Manhwa x Drama
YulManhwaDrama.jpg (222.97 KiB) Viewed 3042 times

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 12th, '06, 10:30

so goong has a second season !^^ COOL
looking forward to it.
at the moment, i'm at ep8, so far i'm liking it. I read the manga as well, but not word for word yet. Just looking through very fast as I want to know what happened next ^^
Anyway, seems like guys here like YUL or yul's actor more than SHIN. ^^
I think they should hv find someone really good looking and doesn't have small eyes for SHIN....well at least he does have the height. Anyway, yul's actor is better looking so Shin's actor lose out in that sense.
As for the drama being crazy or weird, the story is adapted fr manga .... so it's not real life stuff we are talking about, fantasy ....it's fun!

ReiBirdina

Post by ReiBirdina » Mar 12th, '06, 11:33

Are they going to have the same cast for Season 2 for sure?
I read on some forum that the main actors didn't respond yet :/
Heehee sorry if this question annoys anyone :/ I'm just really
..reaaaalllyyy anxious :o...

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Mar 12th, '06, 11:56

has anyone ever paid attention to how real royals dress sometimes? :lol
granted, the stylists on this show aren't exactly earning prizes, but as has been stated, not really the actor's choice here...
personally i'm just fine and dandy with joo ji-hoon's acting style... i think it fits the character... for a starting out performance, i think he's being treated rather harshly...
about his affectations... crossing legs and the like...
would anyone here be more satisfied if he slouched back with legs apart, scratching his privates and letting out a good belch here and there? would that be manly enough?
aside from the fact that he hails from the model world, royalty does undergo a completely different set of rules for carrying themselves...
the comparison to yul doesn't carry either, after all, he's been out of the palace for 14 years, it would make sense for his entire appearance to be more worldly...
finally it bugs me that "gay" and "homo" are terms still used to ridicule a person...
i think stating that he comes off a bit feminine would've brought the point across without being so glaringly offensive... :x

Dana1013

Polka dots etc

Post by Dana1013 » Mar 12th, '06, 12:15

Ironicwave"Finally it bugs me that "gay" and "homo" are terms still used to ridicule a person...
i think stating that he comes off a bit feminine would've brought the point across without being so glaringly offensive... :x
Thank you for saying this, Ironicwave! My thoughts exactly.
Yes, the polka dots are horrible...even on most women, and yes, some of the Asian actors lool slightly feminine (especially the ones with shaggy long hair :-) ) to western eyes but hey, I really like those cultural differences and in the end, it's what attracts me to Asian dramas - finally something that's different from what I see every day!

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Polka dots etc

Post by pockiiee » Mar 12th, '06, 12:26

Ironicwave"Finally it bugs me that "gay" and "homo" are terms still used to ridicule a person...
Quoted again for emphasis, I think Ionicwave has a really good point here. -

I think a lot of his awkwardness can be put down to strange wardrobe choices and inexperience. I think many of the mannerisms the actor has that bother you might be explained by his past in modeling- male models often pose in what could be considered a feminine way, and the fact that the cast is inexperienced really shows, it's not just Shin.

I find that K-drama wardrobe/stylists often put the extremely wealthy into strange clothes - let's not forget Bi 's green sweater in full house which has been mentioned before. I also think they may be trying to copy the style of the Goong Manwha, which comes off strange in real life.

Well, the guy isn't going to win any awards for his acting in my opinion, but let's not be too harsh. One nice thing about this series is that the teenagers actually look like they could be in their teens, and they're not 30 somethings in high school uniforms as far as I know - I think the awkward acting adds to that feel, and despite all of its shortcomings I'm enjoying this series.

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Mar 12th, '06, 15:39

I don't want to shove my point into anybody here but hear me out.

Has the gay looking man disease spreaded to Korea?

Japan is full of them. Men who look, dress, hair the same way as women.

Men are born with the ability to be more psychical than woman: faster, stronger and quicker. We can build muscles and burn fat faster.

Since when did men turn into women? Now I don't mind about men using cosmetics to keep their skin good. I'm also using cosmetic medicine because I had quite a bad case of acne.

But having hair like women, body that doesn't have any muscles; dresses like a homo and you call that sexy?

I'm sorry but didn't the gay men already declared that THOSE ARE THEIR STYLE FROM A LONG TIME AGO?

Women out there, do you want to make love with other women?

Is this a shallow excuse for asian men to not work out?

One of the reason why I like Korean Drama is because men do look like real men; like one of those post Korean actors have great body). I don't feel uncomfortable when the main beautiful girl fall for him.

Yes I hate every damn minute of Shin dressing up gay, acting gay and even talks like women.

Don't blame the staff from his gay dressing. HE MAKES THE CLOTHES LOOK GAY.

And yeah royal do act like that but like Prince Williams, he is thicker and doesn't move as homoly as Shin. He doesn't have that kind of hair as Shin. HE SURE AS HELL DOESN'T ACT AND TALK GAY AS SHIN.

[/u]

kodoko

Post by kodoko » Mar 12th, '06, 15:48

oH my, please kindly give this poor guy(Shin) a break. I think a lot of people especially the manga readers have high expectations of this drama series. His performance might be mediocre or stiff but take into consideration he is just a new actor. Comments and criticism are allowed but no personal attacks, please. :-(

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Mar 12th, '06, 15:51

VietZeus wrote:
Has the gay looking man disease spreaded to Korea?
Japan is full of them. Men who look, dress, hair the same way as women.
I think the less offensive term is "metrosexual"

Blend of metropolitan and heterosexual
Noun
metrosexual (plural metrosexuals)

1. A man concerned with self-image, self-indulgence and money.(Usually urban, heterosexual, probably affluent).
2. A man who is seen, sociologically, as having attributes common to homosexuals, but is in fact heterosexual.[1]

This taken from wiktionary.com

And yes, I'd say the trend is currently moving that way - I notice the new adverts for men's face cream here in Europe, etc.... I don't think it's just in Japan and Korea. I have no problem with the idea, it's great when guys put in some effort too :), a

VietZeus wrote: Yes I hate every damn minute of Shin dressing up gay, acting gay and even talks like women.
Don't blame the staff from his gay dressing. HE MAKES THE CLOTHES LOOK GAY.

[/u]
try using feminine rather than gay, you're tone seems kind of homophobic, but I see what you're saying. I think the metrosexual thing has gotten a bit extreme, in some cases, but I don't really get that vibe from Shin myself - just try to suspend reality and stop being so worried about his sexual orientation - It's really not important and though he seems "gay " to you I think there are a lot of girls who would disagree with you - check the soompi forums- and remember there are probably cultural differences at play here.
Last edited by pockiiee on Mar 12th, '06, 15:55, edited 2 times in total.

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Mar 12th, '06, 15:52

kodoko wrote:oH my, please kindly give this poor guy(Shin) a break. I think a lot of people especially the manga readers have high expectations of this drama series. His performance might be mediocre or stiff but take into consideration he is just a new actor. Comments and criticism are allowed but no personal attacks, please. :-(
I'm not attacking a particular person here.

What I am so angry about is the "sexy men" from japanese point of view is being set in this drama, SHIN.

I lost some respect for Korean drama now and that had never happened before.

And if Korea is turning to that direction for the looks of men then I'll just have to look else where for entertainment.

Return of Condor Heroes 2005 (Li Yu Fei is a goddess)

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Mar 12th, '06, 16:00

pockiiee wrote: try using feminine rather than gay, you're tone seems kind of homophobic, but I see what you're saying. I think the metrosexual thing has gotten a bit extreme, in some cases, but I don't really get that vibe from Shin myself - just try to suspend reality and stop being so worried about his sexual orientation - It's really not important and though he seems "gay " to you I think there are a lot of girls who would disagree with you - check the soompi forums- and remember there are probably cultural differences at play here.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=feminine

fem·i·nine Audio pronunciation of "feminine" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fm-nn)
adj.

1. Of or relating to women or girls. See Synonyms at female.
2. Characterized by or possessing qualities generally attributed to a woman.
3. Effeminate; womanish.
4. Grammar. Designating or belonging to the gender of words or grammatical forms that refer chiefly to females or to things classified as female.

n. Grammar

1. The feminine gender.
2. A word or form belonging to the feminine gender.

It seems more offensive than gay to me. Should we start naming males who are "feminine" as emales?

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Mar 12th, '06, 16:09

VietZeus wrote:
kodoko wrote:oH my, please kindly give this poor guy(Shin) a break. I think a lot of people especially the manga readers have high expectations of this drama series. His performance might be mediocre or stiff but take into consideration he is just a new actor. Comments and criticism are allowed but no personal attacks, please. :-(
I'm not attacking a particular person here.

What I am so angry about is the "sexy men" from japanese point of view is being set in this drama, SHIN.

I lost some respect for Korean drama now and that had never happened before.

And if Korea is turning to that direction for the looks of men then I'll just have to look else where for entertainment.

Return of Condor Heroes 2005 (Li Yu Fei is a goddess)
Honestly, i really don't see what's your point.So you are saying that you have lost respect for korean dramas because of the male's characters wardrobe? Sorry, but I think it's ridiculous. You may say you don't like them because they act badly or their plot are not intersting , you have the right to think so, but what is the point of criticizing the way they are dressed? i agree that sometimes, i think Shin 's outfits are really weird but when i watch goong personnaly, i am not only focused on their clothes. i Think the plot is fine and even though their acting can be improved and they are still young, I like the cast.
In addition, you may find them ridiculous, but nevertheless, they are really popular with the female population of d-addict(look at this thread if you don't believe me!), so it means that even though you find them "gay"looking(and I really don't like this expression), they are still attractive and sexy for a lot of girls. so please , if you don't appreciate a serie, don't use reasons so trivial such as clothes or hairstyles.