Anime that is rewatchable over and over and over, ect...

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
himeko

Post by himeko » Mar 14th, '06, 18:51

DEFINITELY Sailormoon! Honestly.. I think I watched the Sailor Stars season like 3 or 4 times now 8) And the 1st + R seasons (watched twice); Super and SuperS seasons (watched three times probably)

The moonlight carries the message of love.. :wub:

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 14th, '06, 18:53

If you're going to watch Ghibli, I'd also suggest watching, Totoro, then Heisei Tanuki Kassen then Whisper of the Heart. That's a great Ghibli Trilogy that shows how western Tokyo changed.

And as the yakuza in Kisarazu Cat's Eye says, Ghibli movies are the best when you're broken hearted! :P

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 14th, '06, 19:01

Haha! Of course I love Binchou-tan and Bottle Fairy!! Don't forget Ojamajo Do-Re-Mi and Mahou Shoujotai Arisu!!

Kisaki~

Post by Kisaki~ » Mar 14th, '06, 19:11

Fruits Basket, one of my favorite animes. I've bought the DVD Box, it's so damn adorable XD

and of course Haibane Renmei....

and Totoro is worth of mentioning

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 14th, '06, 22:32

pokute wrote:No mysteries to me... are you dl'ing Cobra from ILA?
No. I actually bought the Space Cobra Laserdisk Import Box back in 1991.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 14th, '06, 22:40

marmalade boy :heart:

and fushigi yuugi

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 14th, '06, 22:51

mieko wrote:
pokute wrote:No mysteries to me... are you dl'ing Cobra from ILA?
No. I actually bought the Space Cobra Laserdisk Import Box back in 1991.
Woah. Oh! I see... you're the guy with the old doramas!

There's a COMPLETE laserdisc set of Urusei Yatsura at Anime Jungle in Los Angeles, unopened, for $200.

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Mar 14th, '06, 23:24

animes of all time:

definitely:
ramen 1/2
itially D
dragon ball z
sailor moon
slam dunk
peach girl
card captor sakura
高達
聖鬥士星矢
幽遊白書
魔法少女豬士丁
新世紀褔音戰士
i cant remember the name of that one, but it was on telly in mid 90's i think, in hk's 本港台..... it's something about 3 girls fighting for the future, with their 'basic' elements of fire, water and wind. it is really good and i would love to watch it again......... however, no one i know seem to remember this series..... this is one of my favourites!

btw, sorry that i couldnt post out the english names of my favourite series...... used to watch them in telly when i was little so i have no idea what their names are in english...... but most of them were really popular back in my days........lol i feel so old just thinking about it

sorry for being a bit off topic aswell

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 14th, '06, 23:30

[/quote]

Woah. Oh! I see... you're the guy with the old doramas!

There's a COMPLETE laserdisc set of Urusei Yatsura at Anime Jungle in Los Angeles, unopened, for $200.[/quote]

Yeah, that's me :) When it come to Anime & Dorama... I live purpetually in the 80's :)
If it was'nt for the fact i got all of UY like 15 years ago i would be tempted by that
LD box.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 15th, '06, 05:58

mieko wrote:Since i'm old school some of these titles may be a mystery to you :)
I know every one of the list you posted, but virtually none from most of the other posts... :fear:

BlueGreenAngel

hehehe

Post by BlueGreenAngel » Mar 15th, '06, 06:14

Elfen Lied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
watched it like 15 times each episode

i just love how the atmosphere changes...
first its like people's head getting chopped off , to like
a pink haired girl going "nyuu~~ nyuu~~" and pissin herself , lol

--------------------------------------------------------------

midori no hibi
ranma 1/2
akatsukin cha cha
sailor moon :wub:

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 15th, '06, 07:36

mizune wrote:
mieko wrote:Since i'm old school some of these titles may be a mystery to you :)
I know every one of the list you posted, but virtually none from most of the other posts... :fear:
Yeah... There simply has'nt been alot of good anime made in a long time :(

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Mar 15th, '06, 07:38

I prefer mangas over anime.

michi_de_manque

Post by michi_de_manque » Mar 15th, '06, 08:04

My favorites are:
1. Fruit Baskets **sigh** I wish there are more of this...
2. Conan Detective
3. Hikaru No Go

ToukonStuart

Post by ToukonStuart » Mar 15th, '06, 10:53

Almost anything Ghibli! Particularly Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, and Kiki's Delivery Service...
Last edited by ToukonStuart on Dec 30th, '16, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 15th, '06, 13:39

Escaflowne. Nice and short, so I won't get sick of it after so many episodes. Also, the first half of Yu Yu Hakusho, but that's probably just me.

Almost all anime movie is re-watchable to me, except Inuyasha 3-4, because it became just too repetitive.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 15th, '06, 16:01

Just got some Cooking Master Boy - and was astonished to see just how much Yakitate Japan was inspired by it... the mock-serious tone of the "battles" in YJ are a total goof on the battles in CMB: "He managed to coat every single grain of rice pefectly with egg yolk, giving it a brilliant golden color! Gaah! How is it possible?!".

Woah. Update: Episode 69 is the last episode in Yakitate Japan.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 15th, '06, 16:10

8thSin wrote:Almost all anime movie is re-watchable to me, except Inuyasha 3-4, because it became just too repetitive.
But, but... IY was Journey to the West without the sutra! Have you seen Mermaid Forest? That is a total creepfest and I think Rumi's best work of all... she didn't have to tone down the violence like in IY, so it's just blood, guts, and gore!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 15th, '06, 17:18

Okashii wrote:Yes I'm watching Mushishi as well, its great!.
WOOO!!! :w00t: another mushishi fan! omg, i am so addicted to this series.. somewhere around 8-12 (not those exact numbers.. i just mean somewhere in the middle of what's been released so far) i thought it was getting slightly repetitive. i mean the stories were different.. but it was always (hmm not sure if this is a spoiler)
ginko going to some village.. finding the problem.. and then either fixing or not being able to fix it.
but it definitely picked up again. especially in ep. 12
the one about ginko's past (wait.. i think it was ep12.)
LoL, yea.. i love that show. :lol

k_fan

Post by k_fan » Mar 15th, '06, 21:52

mieko wrote:Captain Harlock SSX
You've got to be kidding me! I hated that anime with every fiber of my being, lol. >.<
kood wrote:I prefer mangas over anime.
If it's shoujo, I agree, but I think it's easier to pull off action types in anime. Oh, I forgot to mention Ninja Scroll. That's a good one.

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 16th, '06, 06:28

k_fan wrote:
You've got to be kidding me! I hated that anime with every fiber of my being, lol. >.<
I did'nt realize this was a "bash somebody's picks thread"

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 16th, '06, 16:54

mieko wrote:
k_fan wrote:
If it was, there's a few popular picks that would not go unbashed ;^) In this case however, the bashing is so ludicrous that it just reflects badly on the basher, don't you think?

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 16th, '06, 19:03

pokute wrote:
mieko wrote:
k_fan wrote:
If it was, there's a few popular picks that would not go unbashed ;^) In this case however, the bashing is so ludicrous that it just reflects badly on the basher, don't you think?
Yeah... I've been through the whole thread and i'm the only one whose choice was actually
picked out pretty much told "yeah that sucked and you're nuts to have liked it".
I'll lament the lack of old school dorama/anime fans on this board but i've NEVER in any way
attacked anybodys viewpoints. Maybe it's being a little sensitive but i believe the old addage,
"If you can't say anything nice, don't any anying at all" ...

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 16th, '06, 19:10

mieko wrote:
pokute wrote:
mieko wrote:
Yeah... I've been through the whole thread and i'm the only one whose choice was actually
picked out pretty much told "yeah that sucked and you're nuts to have liked it".
I'll lament the lack of old school dorama/anime fans on this board but i've NEVER in any way
attacked anybodys viewpoints. Maybe it's being a little sensitive but i believe the old addage,
I wish I could say the same... alas, I have a huge big mouth. I will be reborn 1000 times as a customer service rep for M$.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 16th, '06, 19:13

I just dl'ed Hunter X Hunter based on the glowing reviews... looks like a fun shounen romp that I totally overlooked before. Much more interesting looking than (pokute bashes two shows with >200,000 dl's each week).

And no two ways about it, if you love Yakitate Japan, you will feel the same about Cooking Master Boy, and can brush up on your Cantonese at the same time ;^)

honey_pooh

Post by honey_pooh » Mar 16th, '06, 19:28

Dun laugh at me for saying this.....The only anime that I watch again and again , even a hundred times but neva get sick of is DORAEMON.
No matter how many anime I have watched, it's always the only one that I have rewatched again and again for like 10 years.
Last edited by honey_pooh on Mar 16th, '06, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

dashmoo

Post by dashmoo » Mar 16th, '06, 19:31

Mushishi all the way! I just love that opening song.. it's just so relaxing :)

current faves aside from that one are: Mai Otome (finally starting to get interesting), Yakitake Japan!, Karin (when will Winner-kun called Karin's friend by her name hah).

I still like Bleach and Naruto though :)

Also waiting to watch the next installment of Tsubasa Chronicles :)

pissenlit

Post by pissenlit » Mar 16th, '06, 19:49

Kenshin! :wub:

and Yakitate Japan

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 16th, '06, 20:06

honey_pooh wrote:Dun laugh at me for saying this.....The only anime that I watch again and again , even a hundred times but neva get sick of is DORAEMON.
No matter how many anime I have watched, it's always the only one that I have rewatched again and again for like 10 years.
Doraemon is great !!! Been watching ep's on and off for the last 20 years !!
Used to do a double bill of Doraemon & Ninja Hattori-Kun.. :)
I like waking up to a ep while having my first coffee. My brain isn't awake enough
inthe morning to process more compliated Japanese. :D

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Mar 16th, '06, 20:06

Well if it was me.I would have to pick

1.Hana Yori Dango
2.Love Hina
3.Kenshin
4.RahXephon
5.Berserk
6.Slam Dunk
7.Samurai Deeper Kyo
8.Fame of Recca
9.Ajimu

hmmm..after looking at anime list, had tooo freaking many titles to list so just listed what I would rewatch over and over again from the first 30/3295 dvds of only anime mind u (dorama,music etc etc diff catalog..lol)

mieko

Post by mieko » Mar 16th, '06, 20:08

pokute wrote:
And no two ways about it, if you love Yakitate Japan, you will feel the same about Cooking Master Boy, and can brush up on your Cantonese at the same time ;^)
I keep hearing the title "Cooking Master Boy" is that supposed to be Mister Ajikko or
Chuuka Ichiban ? Both are great :)

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Mar 16th, '06, 20:09

I could watch Azumanga Daioh every day and never get tired of it.

k_fan

Post by k_fan » Mar 16th, '06, 20:44

pokute wrote:
mieko wrote:
pokute wrote:
I wish I could say the same... alas, I have a huge big mouth. I will be reborn 1000 times as a customer service rep for M$.
Whoa, relax, I was just surprised, that's all.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Mar 16th, '06, 20:44

mieko wrote:
pokute wrote:
I keep hearing the title "Cooking Master Boy" is that supposed to be Mister Ajikko or
Chuuka Ichiban ? Both are great :)
Chuuka Ichiban. And it looks like Mister Ajikko was never fansubbed ;^(

LauLau

Post by LauLau » Mar 16th, '06, 21:01

Ebichu !! :thumleft:

So funny ! :lol

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 15th, '06, 16:46

I've watched Naruto over 3 times now and probably will be watching it for one more once part2 starts.

Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence, this you can watch infinite times!

Hunter X Hunter, wtfpwns!!!!!!

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Jul 15th, '06, 23:53

Hm o.o there're a lot of series I could name (most of them either short or comedies). I dunno about those long ones like Bleach and Naruto, cause I don't think I'd have the patience to sit in front of my screen rewatching all those eps. *cough* okay I lied, I probably "would" have the patience....I have all the time in the world after all >_>

Excel Saga, Azumanga Daioh, Fruits Basket, <-those are 3 that I'd NEVER get tired of (cause they're comedies =D)...even if I watched it over and over for the rest of my life. I could names hundreds (based on my shelves filled with dvds and burned cds XD) of series that are good to rewatch. Most of them are oldies (oldies for me is anything 2004 and earlier lol)...since there aren't that many new anime series that are good as of late ;_;. OH..duh, Ouran High School Host Club. Once that finishes I'd definitely watch it over. Probably same with NANA.

Furi Kuri too...only 6 episodes. XD

chiyuffie

Post by chiyuffie » Jul 16th, '06, 00:17

Fruits Basket
Cowboy Bebop

Fruits Basket is so cute I can't help watching it over and over. The story's good too though I prefer the manga to the anime.

Cowboy Bebop - what's not to love. It's random and it has Spike Spiegel for the girls and Faye for the boys. It's attractive. Ed's adorable and Jet keeps things together. I love all the episodes. Even though they're mixed up, it still allows you to learn the complex story of Spike.

kyou_enna

Post by kyou_enna » Jul 16th, '06, 00:26

Oh that's right! Cowboy Bebop. If I had all the dvds or eps I would watch that over a lot as well. Back in the day when it aired on CN all I used were vhs tapes and I think I threw those out O.o. I watch the movie a lot though.

esper

Post by esper » Jul 16th, '06, 01:51

One anime I can watch over and over again is Gankutsuou.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jul 16th, '06, 04:30

escaflowne
hikaru no go

I used to follow about a dozen animes, but since finding subpig mid last year haven't watched many recently, too busy following 12 dramas and 6 variety shows a season :lol

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Jul 16th, '06, 04:37

OH man WAY TOO many to list

but here goes:

DEFINTLY Initial D (all 4 seasons)
Hunter X Hunter
Cowboy Bebop
Samauri Champloo
Ranma 1/2 (only the 1st 4 seasons)
Beserk
GTO
Yakita Japan (LOVED IT)

piccu

Post by piccu » Jul 16th, '06, 21:30

Hikaru no Go
GTO
Honey & Clover
Naruto
HxH

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Jul 16th, '06, 21:37

I've watched these animes over and over again.. and I still can't get over it :w00t:

-Hana Yori Dango
-Fushigi Yuugi
-His and Her Circumstances
-Initial D
-Spirited Away [a movie, but a really good one]

fu22bu22

Post by fu22bu22 » Jul 16th, '06, 21:43

[img]http://www.asia.demon.nl/files/sd.gif[/img]Slamdunk & Fruit Basket ... are the ones I can think of :roll

Yorugao~Moonflower

Post by Yorugao~Moonflower » Jul 17th, '06, 22:50

One anime I can watch over and over again is Gankutsuou.
This is the only anime I've been rewatching recently. Now I just wish Mahiro Maeda did the prequel to the series and covered the first half of the book :roll

boogiexpie

Post by boogiexpie » Aug 20th, '06, 01:34

i love fruits basket and ranma 1/2 ^^

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 20th, '06, 05:04

Initial D First Stage
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku Hen
Legend Of Galactic Heroes
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Denwa

Post by Denwa » Aug 20th, '06, 13:20

School Rumble
School Rumble Ni Gakki

thread over... 8) :lol

TrashTerror

Post by TrashTerror » Aug 22nd, '06, 15:23

Spirited Away
Glad I bought it in Hong Kong on my way home from New Zealand, else I had to wait a few years before it was released in Holland.

RieRie

Post by RieRie » Aug 27th, '06, 02:29

for me it would be:

Rurouni Kenshin
Fruits Basket
Saiyuki
Full metal alchemist
His and her circumstances

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Aug 27th, '06, 03:06

The anime I keep around and rewatch...

Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Peacemaker Kurogane
Reign the Conqueror
Paranoia Agent
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell

dcunited

Post by dcunited » Aug 30th, '06, 07:47

Area 88 and Cowboybebop are two series that i can always watch over and over again.

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Sep 1st, '06, 01:23

Hana Yori Dango!

And maybe Kodocha... the main character's mom drives around indoors in a tiny car and has a squirrel living on her head. If that's not classy, I don't know what is.

dianevee

Post by dianevee » Sep 1st, '06, 01:32

the anime's that are worth watching over and over again are:

Rouroni Kenshin
Ranma 1/2
FullMetal Alchemist
FullMetal Panic
InuYasha
Cardcaptor Sakura
Alice Academy
Slam Dunk
Fushigi Yuugi

:thumleft:

douglas2k6

Post by douglas2k6 » Sep 3rd, '06, 07:16

FullMetal Alchemist is a show I can rewatch over and over....which I have, lol!

Some anime to watch over are:

His and her circumstances
Rahxephon
Evangelion
Samurai Champloo
Macross Plus
Ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the shell 2nd Gig

imaretard

hhmm

Post by imaretard » Oct 8th, '06, 03:13

gundam (all kinds)
dragonball(all)
fruits basket
NANA
evangelion
bubblegum crisis(all)
sunny pig
magical knight rayearth
initial d(all)
full metal(all)
fushigi yuugi
samuria x
coboy bebop
outlaw star
hXH
NARUTO
paradise kiss

spokeydokey00

Post by spokeydokey00 » Oct 31st, '06, 03:55

|sUiZiD| wrote:
godmode wrote:RahXephon
oh yeahh, thats a damn good anime, I just love it. But I didn't heard a lot people talking about it....... if you didnt seen it yet get it or you will miss a lot :D

an other I just cant get out of my mind is Berserk, its a damn masterpiece^^
I think RahXephon isn't talked about so much because it is very similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. I've seen the series and movie about 3 times. But the number 1 on my list would have to be COWBOY BEBOP. I put the entire series and movie on my ipod and used watched it inbetween, during, and on my way to classes.

BluSapphire

Post by BluSapphire » Dec 2nd, '06, 21:06

Hunter x Hunter-- hehe this my fav..
Full Moon
Peach Girl
Nana--- my new favorite
and also Magic Knight Rayearth

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Dec 2nd, '06, 21:29

Full Metal Alchemist(my all time favorite)
InuYasha
Hana Yori Dango

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Dec 6th, '06, 15:46

めぞん一刻 for the 5th time at the moment.

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Dec 13th, '06, 08:11

Well 1 of my favourite is Hikaru No Go 75 episdes + specials + movie, seen this 5 times. Also I marathoned this series 3 times in 3 days. (saw it all in 3 days ahaha)

TRUE ANIME FANS = Berserk <-- if you don't know Berserk then you don't know anime im freaken serious
(manga is 100x better and is still continuing. Anime does not tell you why it is called berserk. Also Gutts grows even older in the manga.)

The Twelve Kingdom, starts off a bit slow but the storyline is one of the best IMO.

Kenshin, the ovas are masterpeices that outlines his past.

GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I wouldn't say naruto 'cause it got freaken boring just read the manga.

EDIT: check out my anime list!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 14th, '06, 18:14

Phearsome wrote:Well 1 of my favourite is Hikaru No Go 75 episdes + specials + movie, seen this 5 times. Also I marathoned this series 3 times in 3 days. (saw it all in 3 days ahaha)
I loved this series! it can't get too much love :)
Phearsome wrote:The Twelve Kingdom, starts off a bit slow but the storyline is one of the best IMO.
I liked it alot (especially after the first arc) but the series doesn't have an ending :(

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 28th, '06, 04:36

FLCL and Paradise Kiss.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 28th, '06, 05:03

for me its GTO!! like the drama, the anime is also very good, and this anime made me search for the live-action version, then eventually i became a dorama addict.:)
my friends never got tired of Yu Yu Hakusho, they first watched it in 1995, and they are still watching it now(this is one of the most famous animes here in our country, it was replayed too many times and yet it is still very popular).

I.K

Post by I.K » Dec 28th, '06, 05:34

marienella_m wrote:for me its GTO!! like the drama, the anime is also very good, and this anime made me search for the live-action version, then eventually i became a dorama addict.:)
my friends never got tired of Yu Yu Hakusho, they first watched it in 1995, and they are still watching it now(this is one of the most famous animes here in our country, it was replayed too many times and yet it is still very popular).
i've watched the GTO the anime and now i'm looking to dl the live action. cant wait to get a chance to watch it :D

some other favs i've got are:

initial D
escaflowne
wolf's rain
samurai champloo

and i cant wait to get my hands on eureka seven :-)

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Dec 31st, '06, 10:23

auroragb wrote:
Phearsome wrote:Well 1 of my favourite is Hikaru No Go 75 episdes + specials + movie, seen this 5 times. Also I marathoned this series 3 times in 3 days. (saw it all in 3 days ahaha)
I loved this series! it can't get too much love :)
Phearsome wrote:The Twelve Kingdom, starts off a bit slow but the storyline is one of the best IMO.
I liked it alot (especially after the first arc) but the series doesn't have an ending :(
yea I know I wish they would of continue it :(

rossier

Post by rossier » Dec 31st, '06, 10:33

School Rumble first season.. yay ^^

aa

Post by aa » Jan 2nd, '07, 02:50

Here are the ones for me. Even though they were released quited a while back, I dunno when I get a change to watch them again I'm still entertained. haha.
Kenshin OAV (the first 4)
Fruits Basket

inhumanity

Post by inhumanity » Jan 2nd, '07, 13:24

GunGrave, Great teacher Onizuka, FMP TSR, Gankutsuou, Kenshin OAV trust and betrayal,