[TwDrama] It Started With A Kiss (CTV/GTV, 2005/2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
aibiwashere

Post by aibiwashere » Feb 5th, '06, 22:43

seika wrote:
Does anyone know what the next series will be after this?
"Bump Off Lover" with Angel Zhang from "At the Dophin Bay". It's a suspense/thriller drama. I believe there's already a thread for the series here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28406
Oh nice, thanks! I was wondering if they were going to continue with the love story theme since it was so popular.

flcia

Post by flcia » Feb 7th, '06, 14:02

does anyone know? have they (the casts) has been filming together for a year already??
cuz at the specials they kept on saying "this whole year" or smthn...not sure...my mandarin not so good...
anyone can tell me? i dont think it'll b that long though...

oh wait...r they just talkin like "in the past year..." cuz its like new year's specials

xingjing
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xingjing » Feb 8th, '06, 00:39

no idea what you're talking about.

anyways, i thought this drama was good, except... i was kind of disappointed. i mean, it dragged on and on and on. i almost got sick of it. but then, i got distracted with "my girl", so that's all fine now. oh, yeah, "goong" as well.

btw, i <3 joe cheng. i seriously do really really like him from this drama. though... he's kind of weird in reality (because of what he says).

ah well.

oceanic

Post by oceanic » Feb 8th, '06, 03:08

^
yeah, i thought it dragged a bit too.
BUT definitely catch the last two parts.
Well, episode 19 was like :blink wow
Ah Jin is just soooooo sweet there. :wub:

There's a scene with him and Ariel's character that just breaks your heart.
And some very sweet scenes from Joe too.

I have to say, he's one good actor!!!
Hopefully the finale will be a very good one too!
flcia wrote:does anyone know? have they (the casts) has been filming together for a year already??
cuz at the specials they kept on saying "this whole year" or smthn...not sure...my mandarin not so good...
anyone can tell me? i dont think it'll b that long though...

oh wait...r they just talkin like "in the past year..." cuz its like new year's specials
:-) Yeap, you're right.
I suppose you watched the special programme then.

They have been filming for a whole year together.
:lol I didnt know that Ariel can get that emotional.
But that was a funny lil program.
Cracked me up.

flcia

Post by flcia » Feb 8th, '06, 10:56

they have been filming for a year???! :blink
that is a LONGGG time...n its actually only 20 episodes...but they filmed it for a year...wow...
yeahhhh it was SOOOO hillarious...i like laughed till the neighbors thought i was crazy...its so funny especially when they played the game...LOL

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Feb 9th, '06, 15:06

Episode 19 is "the" episode. and a very gud front for the people who's still in dilemma and qouting that this series bores them. this episode is only deserved for the patient ones. I Think that all the scenes that they played in each episodes were important. it may bore others becoz they want some romantic stuffs to juz appear right away but ISWAK is really meant to torture people and i figured that every episode shows the development of their relationship and how much xq loves him and how zs learns to fall in love with her too. that's what the story is all about.

I Love episode 19! so gotta share this spoilers then..

before everything else, i watched this with no subtitle, but still, a lot of contributed translations and movement interpretation is enaf [but not that much really.] and upon reading the whole manga.
^ the suprised face to face situation... this time, xq didn't followed him in his date. they did really see each other coincidentally. zs movements shows obvious jealousy as he saw xq and ah jin. he changes seats as far as away from them and even have this emotions in his face when xq agreed that ah jin is his bf. [correct me on this ] zs throws so much insult to xq. typical defensive mechanism especially since his feelings for her is still so much guarded and he can't let it be shown.
^ Who won't fell inlove at the rain scene? zs in total desperate search for xq. the confrontation and admittance of each other's true feelings. i bet everybody clasped their hands in full volume as i did upon hearing his legendary line of "the one you like is me! you can't like anybody else!" the kiss and the lenght of their hug is really unforgettable.
^ asking for xq's dad's blessing. this scene is really in high vibes as everybody here is in their fullest emotions. zs mom keeps crying in happiness, so cute! and also of course listing all xq unattractive qualities, but still, zs accepts them. he knows and obviously didn't mind it at all. also in this scene, their body contact is numerous. keeps hugging and holding each other's hands. they didn't let go.
^ their bedroom conversation, of course who won't pass that? xq is still in doubt and still unsure of zs feelings but zs juz brushed them off easily with his pull and warm hug and an assurance that everything is true.
^ the dream kiss... not bad considering zs looks really cute here but of course, it's only juz a dream. but still, the idea of him caressing her and giving her that kiss eventhou it's juz a dream and eventhou it's not a real kiss is a lil disappointing.
^and lastly, the office scene... it's so sweet! zs in stressed but as xq come in, he smiled and lean his head on her stomach. saddened for him, she juz strokes his hair. a simple gesture but still with impact. first limited sweet moments with zs. and learning that Joe improvised that part to Ariel did make me really giddy! haha
can't wait for 20. :wub:

nitezstar

first tim

Post by nitezstar » Feb 9th, '06, 15:29

hi..i was strongly recommended this website by a friend and to be honest, im pretty surprised that it also showcases taiwanese drama too.

yeah, i have been catching the tw drama every sunday at 2am when the website uploads the file for us to download on a tw website. its really good this show, especially the soundtracks!!apparently it was on the top of the tw charts for quite some time when it was released.

do you know that they are thinking of filiming a 2nd serial for this show?but then "xiangqing" supposedly is reluctant to act because to the normal stigma in tw(apparently) that any continuation of the first drama will be a total flop. thats why the last i heard (from reading tw daily entertainment gossips) that 'xiangqing' hasn't given the nod to film the 2nd show.

i strongly encourage people to watch this show but its not the usual tw 'ou xiang ju'-idol dramas where they actually have lots up climaxes but rather, something that touches your heart in a simple, but deep way.

cheers!

sgwannabe
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sgwannabe » Feb 10th, '06, 15:39

can someone reup the mu links with hardsubbed episodes of this drama from episode 5 to the end? i've gotten hooked. thanks.

mimi_siko

Please help... searching for ep3

Post by mimi_siko » Feb 11th, '06, 10:56

Hi,
i have started to watch "it started with a kiss" recently and i am crazy about it, but i only watched the first and second eps. I couldn't find ep3 in the torrents :-( and when i was trying the links in other threads they were either expired or on clubbox, and i don't know how to use clubbox. So can someone upload ep3 in the torrents ?!

azntina

Post by azntina » Feb 12th, '06, 01:24

I love this taiwanese series. It's so cute and funny. I like Ariel and Joe's chemistry together. I didn't like taiwanese series before because they're usually whiny and people cry alot. But this series changed my mind. IT STARTED WITH A KISS ROCKS!!

Ceciel

Re: Please help... searching for ep3

Post by Ceciel » Feb 12th, '06, 10:01

mimi_siko wrote:Hi,
i have started to watch "it started with a kiss" recently and i am crazy about it, but i only watched the first and second eps. I couldn't find ep3 in the torrents :-( and when i was trying the links in other threads they were either expired or on clubbox, and i don't know how to use clubbox. So can someone upload ep3 in the torrents ?!
You can find them in de topic episode 4

clauric

Post by clauric » Feb 13th, '06, 04:33

xingjing wrote:no idea what you're talking about.

anyways, i thought this drama was good, except... i was kind of disappointed. i mean, it dragged on and on and on. i almost got sick of it. but then, i got distracted with "my girl", so that's all fine now. oh, yeah, "goong" as well.

btw, i <3 joe cheng. i seriously do really really like him from this drama. though... he's kind of weird in reality (because of what he says).

ah well.
hehehe i thought i was the only one..i know a lot of ppl said this was really good..i admit i loved this series..but i guess when it got really popular n they decided to extend it, it dragged..but ill still finish it..i dl most of the epis n im still stuck on epi 10..i blame it on MY GIRL too hehehe...
but ill finish this series since i love XQ...

sgwannabe
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sgwannabe » Feb 14th, '06, 04:40

I am hooked on this drama. I didn't feel as though it dragged that much. Ariel was making so many funny mistakes that I didn't care. :) Does anyone know or have an idea of when the DVD Series with english subtitles will come out? Thanks. :)

wee33

Post by wee33 » Feb 14th, '06, 06:22

it's so depressing knowing this drama is coming to an end! i can't wait to watch the sequel if they do make it offical. Joe Cheng was terrific in this!!! this is my absolute fav asian drama!

Pikachu

Post by Pikachu » Feb 28th, '06, 07:05

Just finished watching this drama and really loved it. XD;;; There were just a lot of cute moments, along with totally hilarious ones and then heartbreaking ones. T_T I bawled my eyes out so mcuh and also laughed my bum off. XDDD;;

Anyway, do you think someone will post DVDrips later on or is this just wishful thinking? XD I guess I sort of got babied by the fact most dramas I've watched recently (hanadan, goong, my girl, etc) has HQ versions of the raw and so when I burn and watch on my TV it has such nice quality. I want to buy the DVD so I can watch it on TV but @___@ i really don't trust the english subtitles included in uhh those DVDs. XDDDD;;

Ah well. I can't wait for 2007. XD

Grapz

Post by Grapz » Feb 28th, '06, 13:32

what happens in the sequel? like whats the plot

pao113
Philippines

sequel?

Post by pao113 » Feb 28th, '06, 15:18

Is it true that there would be a sequel coming in 2007 for this series?

ebony

Re: sequel?

Post by ebony » Feb 28th, '06, 19:02

pao113 wrote:Is it true that there would be a sequel coming in 2007 for this series?
yes a sequel is planned.

ebony

Post by ebony » Feb 28th, '06, 19:04

Grapz wrote:what happens in the sequel? like whats the plot
i believe it focuses on their married life and zhu shi and xiang xin (i think that's how you spell the names) being a doctor and nurse.

me4you

Post by me4you » Feb 28th, '06, 20:20

its so sweet ................
zhi shu dressing up as a bride
freakie laugh like hell
neway
this drama is better than the 1 in jap

Kage Musha

Post by Kage Musha » Mar 4th, '06, 02:00

Anyone knows the actress' name of Zi Qi? (Ziyu's sister)

Will be looking forward to the sequel :-)

belle83

Post by belle83 » Mar 5th, '06, 13:24

hello all ^__^V

i've just fin watching ISWAK... and OMG!!!! i really love this series. both joe and ariel are soooo cute in this drama.... im looking forward for the sequel too... and yeah hope they'll hv the same casts... coz all of them were great in ISWAK1

now looking forward to watch more of joe's and ariel's dramas. got a request ... can someone help to upload the MVs for ISWAK. i've d/lded the mv from youtube but the quality isnt soo good. does anyone hv it in avi format or anything as long as its clear. hopefully a kind soul can help upload it using sendspace or ysi... thanx soo much in advance and sorry for any trouble... ISWAK :thumright:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Mar 7th, '06, 00:54

ebony wrote:
i believe it focuses on their married life and zhu shi and xiang xin (i think that's how you spell the names) being a doctor and nurse.
Xiang Qin a nurse? I'm horrified. How many patients will have to die under her care before Zhi Shu learns to reanimate the dead :P Just kidding. I'm thrilled that there would be a sequel and I hope the director will still be Winnie (his nickname). Afterall, Winnie makes Joe look really good.

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Mar 7th, '06, 11:52

Hello! I am bit behidg with this one due to internet trouble. Can anyone tell me if Joe baby and Arile end up together?

I am sick of people dying on me!

kawaiineemei

watched ISWAK? DEFINITELY!

Post by kawaiineemei » Mar 8th, '06, 00:25

OMG! I LOVE THIS SERIES SOOOOOOO MUCH! aww!! it made me cry at the end. its soooo good! Joe and Ariel are so adorable!

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 8th, '06, 03:12

Kumaxell: lol the fun part will be seeing how Zhi Shu cleans up the mess after her :P And yes, it's confirmed that Winnie wil be directing the sequel as well, it just wouldnt be the same without him

narutaru: of cuz they end up together! lol don't worry, no one's going to die in this series :mrgreen:

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Mar 8th, '06, 10:04

Yay!!

Now all I need is for Shin and CG to end up together in Goong and my life will be happy!

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 9th, '06, 02:12

narutaru wrote:Yay!!

Now all I need is for Shin and CG to end up together in Goong and my life will be happy!
lol i'm almost 100% sure that is going to happen too!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 9th, '06, 03:29

furelise wrote:

i think you can be 100% sure, given that both of these series are based on manga/manhwa. :lol

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 9th, '06, 04:51

habukie wrote:
furelise wrote:

i think you can be 100% sure, given that both of these series are based on manga/manhwa. :lol
ah u r right. how could i've forgotten. which reminds me, i still haven't gotten down to reading the goong manhwa yet XD

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Mar 10th, '06, 12:09

Scanlations for Goong manga are way too slow for my liking, so I kinda gave up on it. Since It Started with a Kiss manga has never been really completed, I didn't even bother.

At least this series seems to have a good end to season 1. I truly fear the end of Goong series 1. I hope Shin will let CG know...

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 13th, '06, 05:59

narutaru wrote:I truly fear the end of Goong series 1. I hope Shin will let CG know...
Why? Is Goong going really bad? I got distracted by other dramas; not sure what is happening now :P
Could it be... Shin still can't make up his mind btw his wife & Hyorin? :glare:

zaisea

iswak episode 11 (2/2)

Post by zaisea » Mar 16th, '06, 06:31

I couldn't find the second part of episode 11 anywhere on youtube or the iswak.blogspot site. Does anyone know where else I could find it? thanks!

p.s. sorry if this has already been answered - i didn't want to ruin what happens next by surfing through the whole discussion.

joey tan

Post by joey tan » Mar 16th, '06, 14:53

i haf watch it..... l like the actor very much
:thumleft:

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Mar 16th, '06, 17:11

i love this series. :wub: haven't seen something like this in a long time from tw ......this series is long, but once you start you can't stop! :D

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 16th, '06, 17:17

im still downloading it... :unsure: ep7-12 is at 40%
after that... i still have to dl 13-20...
its gonna take a while ><

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Mar 17th, '06, 18:00

I've seen the first Episode and the first half of the second one and it's interessting.
I'm looking forward to the ohter Episodes.

joey tan

Post by joey tan » Mar 18th, '06, 21:38

Who can tell me how and where can i download IT STARTED WITH A KISS

joey tan

Post by joey tan » Mar 18th, '06, 21:56

How to browse to JOE personally website????

emrams

Post by emrams » Mar 18th, '06, 22:13

joey tan wrote:Who can tell me how and where can i download IT STARTED WITH A KISS
here on the d-addicts website. just go to the section called "torrent" and put it in the search. it will list all the eps that are available.

yummiekiwi

Post by yummiekiwi » Mar 18th, '06, 22:25

HMM if it follows the manga it will continue at their honeymoon vacation :mrgreen: They are going to Hawaii!! Haha I can't wait until 2007! HMm just one more year! :w00t:

octane

Post by octane » Mar 19th, '06, 02:33

the beginning was pretty good.
but I find after episode 13, the story is kinda boring.
nothing much seem to happen.
and personally, I don't like the main character
not the artist, but the character!

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Mar 19th, '06, 05:15

Hi guys :-) just want to know what program do i need to watch this RMVB file. i have finished downloading, but don't know what to use in order to play it. :-( please and thank you :D

nancy

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Mar 19th, '06, 05:15

Hi guys :-) i have just finished downloading this series, but i don't know how to get the subtitle to work with realplayer. can someone HELP me? :cry: please and thank you :-)

yummiekiwi

Post by yummiekiwi » Mar 20th, '06, 00:32

I had this same problem but I decided to use Window Media Player Classic and it worked just fine. :lol If you don't have windwos media classic just DL it from this link below and reset ur outputs according to the screen shot and tada! Options is in the "view" column of the player.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... lassic.cfm

[img]http://www.geocities.com/yumyumkywi/ss.jpg[/img]

SooJin.

Post by SooJin. » Mar 20th, '06, 19:32

yummiekiwi wrote:
HMM if it follows the manga it will continue at their honeymoon vacation :mrgreen: They are going to Hawaii!! Haha I can't wait until 2007! HMm just one more year! :w00t:
Oh god, I can't even wait T_T I just finished this series today and I miss it already :( I didn't even realize that there would be a Season 2 until the end of Episode 20!

I know what you mean. I watched like 5 in one day because I was so freaking addicted and the previews for the next episode would always just kill me with anticipation :x

Monchii

Post by Monchii » Mar 20th, '06, 22:48

ISWK is such a cute drama, i must say Joe reminds me of edison.. lol but the taller version with longer hair =P.. Joe looks really cute ^^

silverpromises

Post by silverpromises » Mar 21st, '06, 00:43

after reading a lot of the posts, I REALLY REALLY REAAAAAAAAALY want to watch it now. but i can't decide between the taiwanese version or the japanese version. I guess it depends if the Japanese one has subtitles. I didn't know that guy's name was joe though...he doesn't seem like a joe. I loved him in the rose...i totally cried for him!! and his hair made me laugh.

yummiekiwi

Post by yummiekiwi » Mar 21st, '06, 00:56

HAHa!! oMG I totally recommend the Taiwanese version it's MUCH MUCH better than the Japanese one according to me b/c Joe and Ariel are so cute 2gether and Joe is HoT :wub:!!! =D HMm I thought he was okay iN Roses his acting got a lot better since then.=D haha

During the mean time that I'm waiting for ISWAK 2 I will spend all of my time watching "Goong"!! It's an awesome series! =D :wub:

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Mar 21st, '06, 01:00

I agree with yummiekiwi...The taiwanese version is sooo cute. Im not even sure if the Japanese version has subtitles. Well his english name is Joe but his real name is Zheng Yuan Cheng (or Chang?)

yummiekiwi

Post by yummiekiwi » Mar 21st, '06, 01:06

haha Cheng Cheng Cheng Cheng CHENG!!!! hahah

I love that last part where she went "JIANG JIANG JIANG JIANG JIANG"

Super "cu ai"!!!! :mrgreen:

ncyd

Post by ncyd » Mar 21st, '06, 01:23

thank you so much yummiekiwi for your help. :salut: as you can tell, i'm not good with computer (just the basic) :D

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 21st, '06, 02:02

OvertheRainbow wrote:I agree with yummiekiwi...The taiwanese version is sooo cute. Im not even sure if the Japanese version has subtitles. Well his english name is Joe but his real name is Zheng Yuan Cheng (or Chang?)
It's Zheng Yuan Chang in pinyin :P
silverpromises wrote:after reading a lot of the posts, I REALLY REALLY REAAAAAAAAALY want to watch it now. but i can't decide between the taiwanese version or the japanese version. I guess it depends if the Japanese one has subtitles.
silverpromises, I would also recommend you watch the Taiwanese version first. I watched episode 1 of the Japanese version (with Chinese subs only) and I didn't like the female lead. Her facial expressions were annoying. And her ears distracted me..... XD But the male lead was ok though.. he looked cool and arrogant enough to be "Zhi Shu". Though of cuz not as cute as Joe :wub:

mikkichan

Post by mikkichan » Mar 21st, '06, 03:06

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I didn't know where else so I just ask here. I hope you guys don't mind. Anyway, I just finish watching this series in 2 days and OMG!! I love it!! It's such an excellent drama. Joe look HOT and so cute in there. I also love all the songs in this drama so I was just wondering does anybody know where to get the OST for ISWAK?

yummiekiwi

Post by yummiekiwi » Mar 21st, '06, 04:12

ncyd wrote:thank you so much yummiekiwi for your help. :salut: as you can tell, i'm not good with computer (just the basic) :D
No Prob!! I wasn't a very technical person myself but the drive (or shall I say addiction) to watch Dramas made me overcome that obstacle... Haha

mikkichan wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I didn't know where else so I just ask here. I hope you guys don't mind. Anyway, I just finish watching this series in 2 days and OMG!! I love it!! It's such an excellent drama. Joe look HOT and so cute in there. I also love all the songs in this drama so I was just wondering does anybody know where to get the OST for ISWAK?

You can go there for the ost.. when you click on it. Make sure to uncheck everything BUT leave the last one which is the OSt and Ta Da!

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... f88465b4ab :mrgreen:

I hope I wasn't being too confusing :lol

GTOnizuka

Post by GTOnizuka » Mar 21st, '06, 04:22

Hello,

I was tracking down this series on yesasia, but they didnt have the series with english subtitles. Does anyone know if they will? Ive seen it already, but I wanted to get it on dvd. Thank you for your help. :D

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 21st, '06, 05:03

GTOnizuka wrote:Hello,

I was tracking down this series on yesasia, but they didnt have the series with english subtitles. Does anyone know if they will? Ive seen it already, but I wanted to get it on dvd. Thank you for your help. :D
I doubt they will have official English subs for it so soon. It's rare enough for Taiwanese series to come with English subs. But this drama being as good as it is, I think there's a strong chance they will sub it in English, like Meteor Gardens :-)

citi

Post by citi » Mar 22nd, '06, 21:43

I'm curious to see how the 2nd season will be.... did the 1st season follow the manga closely? (i've been following goong (for instance) and the drama doesn't follow the manga that much...I was wondering it ISWAK was the same...)

And there's a japanese version of ISWAK!?! :blink

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Mar 22nd, '06, 21:57

citi wrote:I'm curious to see how the 2nd season will be.... did the 1st season follow the manga closely? (i've been following goong (for instance) and the drama doesn't follow the manga that much...I was wondering it ISWAK was the same...)

And there's a japanese version of ISWAK!?! :blink
Yes..ISWAK is based on a Japanese manga so of course there will be a japanese version

burninG

Post by burninG » Mar 22nd, '06, 22:39

Don't know much about Ariel Lin's career and dramas, but I hated her role as Qian Xin.. Just the kind of girl I couldn't stand. Not cute at all. Drama's ok though..

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 23rd, '06, 01:19

i love the original japanese version, but that's probably cause i watched it first. it's one of the first dramas i ever watched. and of course, takashi kashiwabara is really good in his role. joe also pulls it off quite well, but i think that kassy does a better job. i think whichever one you watch first will ruin you for the other version. it's pretty rare that you can find a "remake" that will be as good as the "original." and i'm not labelling one or the other, i'm just saying that whatever you watch second will always be "the remake" in your mind. it's like mike's new series. i know that all the tomoya nagase fans out there are wondering if he can do that role as well as tomoya did in the original.

oh, and for all those who were asking...there are no english subs for the japanese version. a group was talking about making them, but nothing so far.

and as for joe's name...it's strange because when he first came out in "the rose" he was sometimes known as brian instead of joe...so it was kinda confusing...is he brian or joe? it seems like it's joe now. :-)

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 23rd, '06, 14:14

habukie wrote:i love the original japanese version, but that's probably cause i watched it first. it's one of the first dramas i ever watched. and of course, takashi kashiwabara is really good in his role. joe also pulls it off quite well, but i think that kassy does a better job. i think whichever one you watch first will ruin you for the other version. it's pretty rare that you can find a "remake" that will be as good as the "original." and i'm not labelling one or the other, i'm just saying that whatever you watch second will always be "the remake" in your mind. it's like mike's new series. i know that all the tomoya nagase fans out there are wondering if he can do that role as well as tomoya did in the original.

oh, and for all those who were asking...there are no english subs for the japanese version. a group was talking about making them, but nothing so far.

and as for joe's name...it's strange because when he first came out in "the rose" he was sometimes known as brian instead of joe...so it was kinda confusing...is he brian or joe? it seems like it's joe now. :-)
Hi habukie! (our other thread is gettin silent... have to think of more stuff to bring up :wink: )

Back to the topic, it's great to hear another point of view since most people here haven't watched the Japanese version due to the lack of English subs. I do agree with you that whichever version you watched first (and love) will always have a special place in your heart :D Probably due to the convincing performance put up by Ariel, in my mind Xiang Qin is supposed to be much shorter than Zhi Shu and have long straight hair. But when I saw the other version, the actress is tall and gangly with short hair and huge.... ears... and it just didn't feel right to me :unsure: Btw what mike's new series are you referring to? I would like to check that out... though for now I'm really looking forward to Ariel's new drama Tokyo Juliet :cheers:

And yes, he's officially Joe now :lol Bryan was the name he used during his modeling days I think. Even now on his modeling co.'s website, they still put his name as Bryan. I much prefer Joe :-)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 23rd, '06, 17:07

furelise wrote:Hi habukie! (our other thread is gettin silent... have to think of more stuff to bring up :wink: )

Back to the topic, it's great to hear another point of view since most people here haven't watched the Japanese version due to the lack of English subs. I do agree with you that whichever version you watched first (and love) will always have a special place in your heart :D Probably due to the convincing performance put up by Ariel, in my mind Xiang Qin is supposed to be much shorter than Zhi Shu and have long straight hair. But when I saw the other version, the actress is tall and gangly with short hair and huge.... ears... and it just didn't feel right to me :unsure: Btw what mike's new series are you referring to? I would like to check that out... though for now I'm really looking forward to Ariel's new drama Tokyo Juliet :cheers:

And yes, he's officially Joe now :lol Bryan was the name he used during his modeling days I think. Even now on his modeling co.'s website, they still put his name as Bryan. I much prefer Joe :-)
hey furelise! that other thread is getting moldy from lack of discussion. i think all the castrato talk brought it down. just kidding! :lol

but as for the topic. i always feel so outnumbered when i talk about the original version. because when i started watching ISWAK, ariel just didn't fit the role for me. she looked too pretty and just not stupid enough. seriously, in the japanese version, with those big ears and being all gangly...that's what made me really think, could a girl like that really get a guy like Zhi Shu? :-)

btw, mike's new series is called Let's Get Married (我們結婚吧!) and according to reports, it's a remake of Mukodono/My Husband. so mike is getting ready by practicing his singing, which apparently isn't his strong suit. :D

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 24th, '06, 18:31

habukie wrote: hey furelise! that other thread is getting moldy from lack of discussion. i think all the castrato talk brought it down. just kidding! :lol

but as for the topic. i always feel so outnumbered when i talk about the original version. because when i started watching ISWAK, ariel just didn't fit the role for me. she looked too pretty and just not stupid enough. seriously, in the japanese version, with those big ears and being all gangly...that's what made me really think, could a girl like that really get a guy like Zhi Shu? :-)

btw, mike's new series is called Let's Get Married (我們結婚吧!) and according to reports, it's a remake of Mukodono/My Husband. so mike is getting ready by practicing his singing, which apparently isn't his strong suit. :D
Hahaha! That nasty c-word! :lol

Anyway if anyone is interested, I found this site where they did a comparison of the Japanese and Taiwanese version. Both are rated excellent :-) http://niko-niko.net/dorama/2006/01/ita ... -kiss.html

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 24th, '06, 18:46

habukie wrote:
furelise wrote:Hi habukie! (our other thread is gettin silent... have to think of more stuff to bring up :wink: )

hey furelise! that other thread is getting moldy from lack of discussion. i think all the castrato talk brought it down. just kidding! :lol

Haha, Taiwanese like to change their english names now and then. So confunsing.

WHAT. Mike is going to sing? hmmm... have you watched "love contract". In the last episode he sang for Ariel and it wasn't really... :scratch: ... good. Plus I read somewhere in an interview in which he said that he wasn't going to sing 'cause he doesn't considers himself a good singer. And now he suddenly changed his mind? Oh well, whatever. There are more bad singing actors in Taiwan :D So he is in good company.

thinking about more stuff to bring up. Did you watch the special? haha, so funny when they compared the director with Lili. I think it' ll be hard for the translator (cupids?) to explain that joke 'cause he has to review the whole story about Lili.
Last edited by gixo on Mar 27th, '06, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 25th, '06, 18:49

gixo wrote: thinking about more stuff to bring up. Did you watch the special? haha, so funny when they compared the director with Lili. I think it' ll be hard for the translator (cupids?) to explain that joke 'cause he has to review the whole story about Lili.
hehe funny that u bring that up. i'll be doing the translation for the second half of the special :mrgreen: cupids has finished half of it and now she's busy with school work so i'm taking over :D about the Lili part, i think it's impossible to explain the whole story during the short span of time in btw scenes... if i were the one doing the translation for that i'd probably just add a quick note, bearing in mind that the transition to the next scene could occur in a sec or less.. but honestly i think seeing the resemblance in the photo is funny enough :lol

habukie: well guess what, i skipped through ep 1 of Itazura Na Kiss and went on to watch ep 2/3. and it's starting to grow on me :-) it's getting funnier and it doesn't hurt that Kashiwabara Takashi is cute :mrgreen: too bad the video quality i got (from xiaomao) is really bad.. the colors look all washed-out :glare: but i guess it can't be helped since the drama is like 10 years old.. :O

ran_chan

Post by ran_chan » Mar 26th, '06, 04:00

I just finished watching the twdrama and I loved it.

Does anyone know where I can find the dvdrip of this drama. If you do, please post the link. Once I download the dvdrip, I'm planning to upload it on d-addicts.

So pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 28th, '06, 22:09

furelise wrote:
gixo wrote: thinking about more stuff to bring up. Did you watch the special? haha, so funny when they compared the director with Lili. I think it' ll be hard for the translator (cupids?) to explain that joke 'cause he has to review the whole story about Lili.
hehe funny that u bring that up. i'll be doing the translation for the second half of the special :mrgreen: cupids has finished half of it and now she's busy with school work so i'm taking over :D about the Lili part, i think it's impossible to explain the whole story during the short span of time in btw scenes... if i were the one doing the translation for that i'd probably just add a quick note, bearing in mind that the transition to the next scene could occur in a sec or less.. but honestly i think seeing the resemblance in the photo is funny enough :lol
sure the resmblance is funny enough. I just love the mixture. The director as Lili + he is the gay guy who lives together with ZS in XQ's fantasy. I just love it. The older gay guy who sometimes looks like Lili (even though they are supposed to be two charactrers) seduces young ZS. Hmmm... kinda like the real story. :mrgreen:
you are taking over the translation? Interesting. I am sure all the people here will love you forever :lol

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 29th, '06, 03:46

gixo wrote:
furelise wrote:
sure the resmblance is funny enough. I just love the mixture. The director as Lili + he is the gay guy who lives together with ZS in XQ's fantasy. I just love it. The older gay guy who sometimes looks like Lili (even though they are supposed to be two charactrers) seduces young ZS. Hmmm... kinda like the real story. :mrgreen:
you are taking over the translation? Interesting. I am sure all the people here will love you forever :lol
hehe yes i luv the director's scenes, n that scene on the bus, when ah jin accidentally sat on the "fat lady" was absolutely hilarious! esp the part where "she" used her bag to slap his butt and told him off at the police station.. muahhaha!! :rofl: couldn't stop laughing... he is a talented director and actor :mrgreen:

love me forever? haha i don't know how many people are still interested in the special now that the drama has ended for quite some time...

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 29th, '06, 11:35

furelise wrote: love me forever? haha i don't know how many people are still interested in the special now that the drama has ended for quite some time...
I bet there are still a lot of people who will love you. I often see requests about the "subs for the special" (haven't seen them so much recently though) I guess everyone became more patient or is afraid of harsh answers :roll

Evael

Post by Evael » Apr 2nd, '06, 08:53

argh still downloading ep 13-20... though i already watched ep 19 and 20 on youtube...
omg that was very very cute... oh well... still have to watch ep 13-18 XD
have to wait till its downloaded...

chidaib17

Post by chidaib17 » Apr 2nd, '06, 23:57

omg, i just finished this, the wedding was so funny, when i saw those guys wore a wedding dress i was like "wtf" and laugh like hell, man, i wonder does someone do it the real life? if they did, it would be funny like hell. And i saw the NG, omg, Joe Zheng is totally different from Zi Shu from the movie, i mean totally different, i mean he's really funny, and his laughing >_< it was so evil. Well, i like his stranght hair than curly. Joe Zheng looks so good in suit, do u guy think so? i mean 2 last episode, he wore the suit to the old man company, i mean, he looks so manly >_<.....Man, but why sometime i felt he's little gay, but never mind...the end was so funny, i like the wedding and the NG too...>_< i dunno what else to say but love it...

suzune

Post by suzune » Apr 5th, '06, 03:52

I've just watched the final of ISWAK and loved it! The wedding scene is truly hilarious. I'm excited to see more!

I also have a question: at the last episode in the end, they do some parodies with other taiwan dramas, isn't? Anyone can inform the names of those and dramas for me? I'm especially interested in watching the one that had all the leaves falling on them. XD Anyone knows the name/here I can find it? Thanks--

octane

Post by octane » Apr 5th, '06, 04:09

suzune wrote:I've just watched the final of ISWAK and loved it! The wedding scene is truly hilarious. I'm excited to see more!

I also have a question: at the last episode in the end, they do some parodies with other taiwan dramas, isn't? Anyone can inform the names of those and dramas for me? I'm especially interested in watching the one that had all the leaves falling on them. XD Anyone knows the name/here I can find it? Thanks--
the raining scene is from The Rose (the same director)
the leaf part is from the mv of the theme from The Rose (with Selina from S.H.E)
I think there is another one...don't remember what it is..:P

mangorock90

Post by mangorock90 » Apr 6th, '06, 15:00

I just finished this series..so nice especially the part they get married.