Goong VS My Girl VS Full House

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.

which drama do u like??

Full House
24%
My Girl
42%
Goong
34%

Total votes: 895

cees

Goong VS My Girl VS Full House

Post by cees » Mar 14th, '06, 07:42

those three dramas r my best k-dramas that i have watched....just wanted 2 know what ppl will choose....

Full House

[img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... lHouse.jpg[/img]

My Girl

[img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... banner.jpg[/img]

[img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... ygirl2.jpg[/img]

Goong

[img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... tocast.jpg[/img]

meme104

Post by meme104 » Mar 14th, '06, 07:43

i think Goong is the best drama i ever saw :wub:

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 14th, '06, 07:48

definitely not full house... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
my girl or goong..!!!! :blink :blink :doh: :doh:
i think i prefer goong than my girl but its qut hard to decide....!! :sweat: :sweat:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 14th, '06, 07:53

Can't compare my girl and goong :crazy: :crazy: Both are great. So I'll restrain myself from voting :roll

CuTiE 100%

Post by CuTiE 100% » Mar 14th, '06, 07:55

Goong is the best
i didnt watch my girl but for sure goong is much better than full house

violette

Post by violette » Mar 14th, '06, 07:58

Yeah...it's difficult for me to choose which drama is the best because I luv all of them. But if I have to choose, I'll choose My girl. It's an interesting film.

clauric

Post by clauric » Mar 14th, '06, 09:02

MY GIRL--i never got bored--i was looking forward to it..i even watched the ending LIVE--heheh didn't even get sleep n i had class in that morning..i love lee da hae's character!i also love dong wook oppa n lee da hae together..i laughed and cried..ahh good memories!!!

full house--yeah i liked it too..it was my fave romantic/comedy until dleightful girl n mnikss aired..rewatching it-->boring..so i wished i didn't watched it the thrid time around..bi's character became annoying..shg's character was funny but the old jokes became dull..and the kiss-->oh my horrible..

goong->i will pick goong over full house..i love the manhwa..the series is ok/good..but im so behind maybe becoz i didn't have much excitement when i watched my girl..

so YEAH MY VOTE IS MY GIRL!!!

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Mar 14th, '06, 16:15

i think goong is the best out of all of them....

*Lifo*

Re: Goong VS My Girl VS Full House

Post by *Lifo* » Mar 14th, '06, 16:27

cees wrote:those three dramas r my best k-dramas that i have watched....just wanted 2 know what ppl will choose....
They are my top favorite too!!
Sorry, Can't decide!!!!!!!!

ovo

Post by ovo » Mar 14th, '06, 16:31

1. My Girl
2. Full House
3. Goong

I don't know why many are so in love with Goong. No offense to all the fans but I find not as funny and intrigued as My Girl and Full House.

VangBoy313

Post by VangBoy313 » Mar 14th, '06, 16:38

I haven't watched goong yet still waiting for the whole series to finish before i start watching it. so right now i would perfer my girl. that movie is the best movie i've seen since full house.

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Mar 14th, '06, 16:41

FULL HOUSE ALL THE WAY!!!!!
THEN IT"S GOONG!!!
then my girl(too many sad seens for me sorry) :cry:

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Mar 14th, '06, 16:42

FULL HOUSE!!!!! totally loved it!!

My Girl can't coment havne't watch it yet planning on soon!

Goong?! wah? it's leading??? i get people is in the mood for GOong since it's still endign? but Goong is nothing compare to Full house seriously...... goong is really slwo pace and it's really got me to ZzZZzzz sometiems wehn the elder are talkings...not like full house when song hye gyo was with Bi's parrents it's hilarious they are so funny but when it's come to Goong so so boring i think b/c the mom is too serious and the dad hardly do anything...only the grandma is an exception...but that's not enough...and there not much happening ot both the main lead...very slow...hardly can name how many funny moments...but for full house they like alot....

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Mar 14th, '06, 16:43

Goong all the way :)

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Mar 14th, '06, 16:44

FULL HOUSE AND MY GIRL!!!

MY FAVS :wub:

soutsada7

Post by soutsada7 » Mar 14th, '06, 17:36

Full House all the way, aja aja fighting!!!

bryoko

Post by bryoko » Mar 14th, '06, 18:14

My Girl is the best one out of the three!

i watched FH first and i thought it was pretty cute, but i wouldnt rewatch the whole thing again.

then i was waiting for goong when i started on MyGirl..and i was completely Hooked! i even deleted my goong eps to make room for it..its the only series out of the three that the relationship betw the leads didnt drag. the PERFECT romantic comedy :wub:

honestly,i think goong is only watchable because of the main girl and the gorgeous settings, but it pales in comparison in terms of the plot and pacing of the manhwa and of course MY GIRL

my girl BBASHYA!~!!

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Mar 14th, '06, 18:31

definetely My girl, bestk-drama i've ever seen(with my name is kim sam soon sorry!!), but i really enjoy Goong too

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Mar 14th, '06, 18:33

FULL HOUSE ALL THE WAY!!!

MY GIRL- was quite good too, but not as good as full house..
GOONG- i have no idea what the fuss is about but I found goong rather boring... shouldnt even be in this equation...
Last edited by guccijana on Apr 2nd, '06, 22:56, edited 2 times in total.

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 14th, '06, 18:42

LOL all i know is it's definitely not Goong when they made such an ugly female lead hahaha
Goong...compared to My Girl and Full House...good one.

On the other hand the Goong manga owns.
Last edited by Horizon on Mar 14th, '06, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Mar 14th, '06, 18:53

Well Goong now is my fav, even thought the drama FH & My Girl is not bad also
Love the OST from all these 3 dramas, they can makes a very nice song for these drama

himeko

Post by himeko » Mar 14th, '06, 18:55

I watched full house + my girl, and am currently watching goong right now.

DEFINITELY the best out of the three is Full House! I watched that like three times, and I still love it! The chemistry between Bi + Song Hye Gyo is unbelievable!!

Up next, I would pick My Girl for #2. Was another sweet and funny kdrama, and Gong chan + Yoo rin were so cute together!

3rd, I would pick Goong.. maybe I would have a different opinion if I read the manhwa first.. but .. I'm enjoying the drama but it just seems like.. there's something lacking. Maybe it's the slow plot line (plus they extended it to 24 eps now!).. and I can't feel too much chemistry between the two main leads.. I just feel like all of a sudden CG likes Shin, and then all of a sudden Shin started liking CG.. I can't really see the point where it turned that way. Just me though.

mikal19
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mikal19 » Mar 14th, '06, 19:13

1. full house, reason...shk, enough said
2. my girl
3. goong (havent seen it)

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Mar 14th, '06, 19:16

isn't this getting tiring? why need to compare my girl to full house and to goong. each of its own have its own attraction.

well anyway i vote for my girl.it is the best korean drama i ever watched and i totally fell in love with kdrama after that. mind you i already you fh and currently following goong.

Shina

Post by Shina » Mar 14th, '06, 19:42

Goong the best :D

StinkyT0fu

Post by StinkyT0fu » Mar 14th, '06, 19:44

1. Full House
2. My Girl
3. Goong

angelatnyc

Post by angelatnyc » Mar 14th, '06, 20:07

i would choose My Girl, because LDH and Lee Jun Ki's acting was fabulous. anyone seen LDH in sweet 18? at first i didn't recognize her until i went to one of her thread. and LDH kissing scene wasn't a totally freezed one. not like Full House.
Full house gave me a totally turn down on the kiss scene. In My Girl i feel it's funny and sad.

kiwizm

Post by kiwizm » Mar 14th, '06, 20:14

def not full house
it was funny BUT so stoopid -___- SO FOBISH argh x__x

my girl is funny but the end sucks ... =____= (and i hate the bgm xD)
so i prefer goong for prod, music, story ( a little bit more interesting than a stoopid love triangle) and at least i dun have to handle the ugly lee junki -_-

knuts

Post by knuts » Mar 14th, '06, 20:18

My Girl is the best, no doubts and question about that.

To me, Goong does not belong in this equation. It should be MNIKSS imho. Even then, My Girl wins....so I guess, it does not matter, he, he.... :D

jz

Post by jz » Mar 14th, '06, 20:31

goong period end of story... i mean come on! its got KJH ^^

is it just me or is the love plot for full house and goong really similar?

cuz it totally works out! minhyuk=yul, song hye kyo=chae gyung, bi=shin, and the other grl=hyorin. cuz yul and shin are like cousings rite. while minhyuk and bi are best friends. then you have the whole both guys love CG/SHG. and the other grl loving bi/shin. plus the contract marriage for full house and political marriage for goong, and how the two end up fallling in love despite the anxious and worrying feelings that they are being cheated on...

I SWEAR IT IS SO SIMILAR! <3 goong is better tho

KLCB

Post by KLCB » Mar 14th, '06, 20:45

YAH! GOONG is the BEST!

soutsada7

Post by soutsada7 » Mar 14th, '06, 20:51

jz wrote:goong period end of story... i mean come on! its got KJH ^^

is it just me or is the love plot for full house and goong really similar?

cuz it totally works out! minhyuk=yul, song hye kyo=chae gyung, bi=shin, and the other grl=hyorin. cuz yul and shin are like cousings rite. while minhyuk and bi are best friends. then you have the whole both guys love CG/SHG. and the other grl loving bi/shin. plus the contract marriage for full house and political marriage for goong, and how the two end up fallling in love despite the anxious and worrying feelings that they are being cheated on...

I SWEAR IT IS SO SIMILAR! <3 goong is better tho
lol, I never thought of it that way, but you know what, you are right :lol although I prefer FH more though :D

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 14th, '06, 20:59

Seems i forgot to rank them...

1. Full House
For me Full House is a classic...like Sea God and Dae Jang Geum League.

2. My Girl
Pretty Good, i think most people that say this is the greatest kdrama they've ever seen haven't seen enough krama or simply can't get clubbox to work and have no way to get the older serieses that aren't seeded anymore because My Girl is clearly average.

3. Goong
Having read the manga i don't like the way they chose to do it with the drama. If it was only a drama i would say it was good but knowing that the (GREAT) story was already there for them they really had it easy and i don't see HOW they could bring it from its original greatness down to this mediocre bs. The people that say Goong is great seriously need to read the manga and then you'll see the directors deserve a slap for this one (preferably by the author, Park So Hee; but i'd take anyone slapping them at this point).

magdaso

Post by magdaso » Mar 15th, '06, 00:10

Hey Horizon, that's funny because I'd like to say the same thing too about people who say Full House is the greatest Korean series they've ever seen. Especially those fans whose first Korean drama was Full House, and so they'll never be able to let that go as their favorite Korean series, saying it's the best Korean series ever and nothing could beat it. To be honest, I've heard and read more people saying Full House is the best series ever, and I think the same thing too when I read comments such as those, like 'have you seen any other dramas in your life?'

So if you're going to say that about My Girl you might as well say the same thing about Full House, and also Goong for that matter. I just feel like you're picking on My Girl, and My Girl fans. My Girl is one of the best series I've ever seen, and the reasons why, you'll probably never understand. Just like how I'll never understand how some people can praise Full House to eternity. Like someone said earlier, to each their own.

My List here:
My Girl
Goong
Full House

My Girl just touched me in a way neither of the two other dramas did. My characters touched me, and so did the story. The love story was especially captivating. Seol Gong Chan's and Joo Yu Rin's love story kept you in suspense till the very end, even all the while it was clear how strongly they loved one another. JYR's character is amazing; a smart, self-sufficient girl who'll never give in to pitying herself. Her look on life is so refreshing, never wavering in strength even til the very end. Even in her final lie, she was strong and totally in control of herself. There is a lot of things I find admirable in YR's character, and her cutesy personna I find that Lee Da-hae did it all very naturally, a great actress. You have to remember that Lee Da-hae's character is supposed to be out there, exaggerated facial expressions was exactly what the role called for. And LDH made it all very natural, being consistent throughout the drama to show that this is exactly what YR is like, so that you believe, all her expressions, her movements, her body posture, all of it adds up to being the person that YR is. YR was completely brought to life thanks to LDH's portrayal.

With Full House, yes, it was good, there were good laughs between SHK and Rain's character. But the drama suffered a lot from going in circles. I think around episodes 5-14, it was the same thing over and over again that honestly if you were to skip some episodes, you would not be lost at all, since the drama focusd entirely on these two and their story seemed to not be going anywhere at all. It was clean, eat, bicker, Ji-eun makes some corny jokes about turtles and rabbits (very cute yes, but corny yes too), Rain goes out w/ Hae-won, and SHK goes out w/ the other guy. Yes, in between their love develops, Rain starts showing her softer side to Ji-eun, Ji-eun finds herself falling harder for Rain. But you know what, all of these sweet developments between the two leads are so overshadowed by the fact that everything remains the same, and the misunderstanding between the two characters continues, and I think even gets worst, as neither of them are honest with one another. The story in Full House honestly didn't move for so many episodes. And in the last 15-16 episodes, more bickering, and more misunderstandings, and more not telling the other person who you felt. And another thing about Ji-eun's character, is that I never understood why she lead the other guy on the whole time. Up until the almost the very end, episode 15, she lead him on, even though she knew full well of her feelings towards Rain. I just never understood that, and to me that's another reason why SHK's and Rain's lovestory in Full House was not as captivating, because it seemed that both of them were quite fickle at times, and neither really had the confidence in their love to put their foot down for it.

Goong is more appealing to me than Full House. At least the story does move, eventhough it too drags a lot. And the love story between the two leads is also frustrating, w/ more misunderstandings and whatnot. But I am taken in by the setting, the background story, the sub characters who are adding lots of color to this drama, beyond it already being so colorful. But looks of the drama itself is not going to do either, the acting here by the leads pales in comparison to both My Girl and Full House. The chemistry between the leads is really awkward. I can see that they are acting, which is what you're not supposed to be able to tell. I am still currently watching this drama so I'll leave that at that.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Mar 15th, '06, 00:41

Well since I am still in the process of watchin My Girl and Goong, hard to say till I have finished watchin both to rank how i fee about the series..but initially after watchin 5 eps of Goong and My girl right now this is what i think

1.Full House
2.My Girl
3.Goong

Even right now I will hold Goong to my #3 slot cus though i like the dorama, i feel it has to be on my #3 slot.But as I keep watchin My Girl, it gives Full house some competition..Well once I finish watchin till ep16 will i see if it moves onto the #1 slot.One thing I don't like about My Girl is that the female lead exaggerates too much on her physical comedy.Well kinda reminds me of Han Chae Young from Choon Hyang.Well anyway for now Full House #1 for me

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Mar 15th, '06, 00:45

awww... to me goong n full house are equal :-( they both have their own comedy n stuffss... really hard to pick when they are sooo different... lol... well... they are similar too.. but beside da point... goong n full house are my favs :D

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Mar 15th, '06, 00:53

magdaso wrote:So if you're going to say that about My Girl you might as well say the same thing about Full House, and also Goong for that matter. I just feel like you're picking on My Girl, and My Girl fans. My Girl is one of the best series I've ever seen, and the reasons why, you'll probably never understand. Just like how I'll never understand how some people can praise Full House to eternity. Like someone said earlier, to each their own.
Hear, hear!

I've seen all these dramas too (not to mention TONS more) and I still think My Girl is the best in regards to this poll. Although I loved Full House, I do agree that it dragged at times, and was a lot of the same thing over and over again. And although I adore Goong too, it's taking forever for the main couple to get together, and the story has been a little boring at times... very draggy. And (this is just me), I find it hard to follow all the customs of the Palace--not to mention all the different names, and their importance.

But like stated, it's all a matter of opinion. I could care less if someone prefers Full House or Goong... but if they attack my choice, then I might get physical. :argue:

hisa

Post by hisa » Mar 15th, '06, 00:58

Goong and My Girl are my two top favs...I voted My girl though because I like the actors better and the main couple is the most adorable couple I have ever seen...many good times too, never got bored, didn't drag (at least not the very unbearingly noticeable dragging) and it was actually meaningful.
Goong is great too, and Im luvin it...buuuutttt...there's just something about my girl that I can't help but like it more. Not to mention I effin love the ending for My Girl.

flowerlove

Post by flowerlove » Mar 15th, '06, 01:03

I voted for MY GIRL!

My Girl is simply a great love story. I really liked Lee Da Hae's portrayal of Yoo-Rin. Plus, I really like the character of Yoo-rin. She was sweet, caring, intelligent, not so naive, not too perky, not bratty nor selfish. I found out that Yoo-rin was very much like me when I first started watching the series. It wasn't boring or draggy at all for me, and it kept me on my toes throughout the whole series until the very end. Plus, the ost for it is very good.
Full House was boring for me to watch. I didn't like the main girl's character one bit. She was so naive and she annoyed me to no end because she couldn't even see that her friends were just using her and kept sticking with them no matter what.

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 15th, '06, 01:19

LOL the funny thing with My Girl is you (well definitely I) don't know exactly why you like it so much...if i had to put my finger on it i'd have to say Lee Da Hae and her character Yoo Rin but i think there's more to it than that.

To magdaso: I didn't say Full House was the greatest at all, i said it was a classic for me (and it wasn't anywhere close to being my first kdrama). There's just something about it that makes it special for me.

Goong is a superb story there's no denying it. What i'm saying is the drama sucks. It's not original (because it's already an existing story) and they do nothing to add to it. If anything they spoil it with an ugly female lead. There's no way an ugly female lead is truly lovable (which is what she's supposed to be) no matter how much you try. Usually with "ugly" female leads they make sure she is still pretty even though she has to act like an average girl (which even the AUTHOR did with the manga). But with the way they've done her, she is truly a normal mediocre girl...and who wants to see normal people on tv.

pajnra

Post by pajnra » Mar 15th, '06, 01:21

i seen full house and my girl but not goong. full house was pretty good but my girl was way better!

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Mar 15th, '06, 01:27

No Contest: My Girl FTW!
Runner up: Goon
THird place: Full House

cuteaznj9

Post by cuteaznj9 » Mar 15th, '06, 01:34

asiangirldee wrote:awww... to me goong n full house are equal :-( they both have their own comedy n stuffss... really hard to pick when they are sooo different... lol... well... they are similar too.. but beside da point... goong n full house are my favs :D
I agree :D
Goong ang Full House are both good....except I don't know how Goong will turn out because it's new...but I can't choose between them yet.. :unsure:
My Girl....I haven't seen than one :|

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Mar 15th, '06, 01:44

Horizon wrote:It's not original (because it's already an existing story) and they do nothing to add to it.
Neither is Full House. It was inspired by a manga too, and was written by Soo Yeon Won.
As far as I know though, My Girl is completely original and isn't based on a manga. Though I can't say that for sure... if there is a manga, I'd definitely want to read it. :lol

Yukino Miyazawa

Post by Yukino Miyazawa » Mar 15th, '06, 01:49

OMG! This is the hardest decision ever! I voted on the last thread that was My Girl vs Full House.

Now, I think this is kind of not fair because Goong isn't even done and it's supposed to be going on its second season. Personally, I love all three respectively. Full House got me started on K drama, My Girl was on of my favorites, and Goong is my current obsession.

Let me compare the 3 dramas:

Kisses:
Full House - tight-lipped, not passionate, but cute
My Girl - Awesome kiss! Full of emotion and Lee Dong Wook did a great job!
Goong - Haven't really seen an "actual" kiss that wasn't forced - both main characters have yet to even really admit that they're an actual couple.

Humor:
Honestly, all three are equally funny

Love Rivals:
Full House - Kim Sung Su is hot. Thumbs down hotter than the other 2!
My Girl - I think his name is Lee Jun Ki. In the drama, they made him too obsessive over the ordeal but he was cool towards the end where he encouraged them to be together. Honestly, they made him look weird in that drama, but I thought he was cute in Lee Soo Young's "Grace" and "Secret" videos.
Goong - Yul is cute, but he's getting crazy.

Final Decision is - due to the fact that it is my current obsession and I'm curious about what's going on with Shin's parents and Yul's mom - GOONG!

But it's such a tought decision! :scratch:

Who made this thread? :glare: This is evil...

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 15th, '06, 02:03

ajewell wrote:Neither is Full House. It was inspired by a manga too, and was written by Soo Yeon Won.
Whether it was inspired by a manga is irrelevant. Infact a lot of stuff is "inspired" by manga. What i am saying is if you have nothing to add (not even eye-candy) and actually make it worse (in my opinion) why bother? I was simply giving my reasons for the way i ranked them currently.

I haven't read whichever manga inspired Full House so i can't say anything about that but if i do read it i'd change Full House's rank accordingly. It definitely wouldn't get a lower rank than Goong though because at the very least the eye-candy justifies its existence (how else could you get to see Song Hye Gyo and Bi both onscreen at the same time and even bickering). Mangas are already better at telling stories than tv programs. If you're not going to even give us some eye-candy then i don't think you should bother.

And yes i do realise i'm being extemely harsh with goong but it's only because i loved the manga so much and i can't get over how they portrayed the characters, they totally look wrong . Well i guess i am a little biased because of the manga but meh, what can you do.
Last edited by Horizon on Mar 15th, '06, 02:18, edited 2 times in total.

becu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by becu » Mar 15th, '06, 02:11

hehe.. ..look now who's the boss.. ..My Girl !! Yes, My Girl ! :lol

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Mar 15th, '06, 02:20

Horizon wrote:I haven't read whichever manga inspired Full House so i can't say anything about that but if i do read it i'd change Full House's rank accordingly (It definitely wouldn't get a lower rank than Goong though because at the very least the eye-candy justifies its existence...there's nothing, yes NOTHING in my opinion to justify this live action of goong being made). Mangas are already better at telling stories than tv programs. If you're not going to improve/change it it in some way or even give us some eye-candy then i don't think you should bother.
I actually own the first volume of the manga of Full House... and I have to say, I really prefer the drama. But having only read the first volume, it could have gotten better. And just out of curiousity... what eye candy are you referring to in Full House? It says you're a male, so are you talking about Song Hye Gyo or something? Because in Goong, as a female, there's plenty of eye-candy for us... :P

Though honestly, I don't watch dramas for eye-candy... but I agree with you about live-action's not being able to live up to their manga counterparts. Except for GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka. I loved that live-action adaptation!

Anyway, if you ever decide to read Full House, here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158664 ... e&n=283155

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 15th, '06, 02:34

LOL yeah i'm a guy but the eye-candy i was refering to in Full House was Song Hye Gyo and Bi. (yes guys, guys can judge if another guy is "cute" without being gay :glare: )

Sure Bi's face isn't that great...Joo Ji Hoon who plays shin is pretty cute (is it me or does he look like he has a little indian in him?) but Bi is a superstar and i'd much rather see Song Hye Gyo and Bi (two superstars) being a couple than Yoon Eun Hye (I'm sorry, she seemed like a nice person when i saw her on x-man but who the hell is she?) and Joo Ji Hoon (again, who? he's cute though and i see he has done a lot of modelling and is in spring waltz which i have yet to watch, i want to though)
Last edited by Horizon on Mar 15th, '06, 02:47, edited 3 times in total.

ReiBirdina

Post by ReiBirdina » Mar 15th, '06, 02:39

1. Full House - The chemistry between the characters were AWESOME :D
SHG and Bi's reel relationship was TOO hilarious!!!
The plot was so good and funny, I liked the light-heartedness of it.

So far Goong and My Girl are at a tie :o But it'll break as
Goong comes to a temporary close so I'll see ^-^...

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Mar 15th, '06, 02:42

GOONG THE BEST , BEST OF THE REST ^- ^
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHTTING!! :thumright:

hitrunningh

Post by hitrunningh » Mar 15th, '06, 02:44

Here find a list for goong things!

Goong Ost
Princess Hours OST (MBC TV Series)

Goong Ost Music Sheet
Perhaps Love(Melody) - Princess Hours OST
Perhaps Love(Piano) - Princess Hours OST

Goong Chae Kyoung Seriese

Chae-Kyoung's Rena Chris Tiara Hair Pin
Chae-Kyoung's RenaChris Miss Cat Ponytail
Chae-Kyoung's Rena Chris Heart Ponytail
Chae-Kyoung's Rena Chris Apple Ponytail
[Princess Hours(Goong)]Chae Kyoung's Mickey Mouse ponytail

Goong Doll Seriese

Princess Hours' Alfred Bear : Replica 2006(Limited Edition)-Including three of postcards
Goong Bear
Goong Bear melody cellphone accessory
Chae Kyoung's "DooBoo" doll
Teddy Bear recording doll

Goong Chae Kyoung's Fashion Seriese
Chae-Kyoung's Cap
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's Coser white shawl
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's Coser embroidery blouse
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's embroidery OPS
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's Coser gull tank - set
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's coser gold foil embroidery fusion Korean dress
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's Coser embroidery Korean jacket
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's coser chiffon dress
Chae Kyoung's CoComiu backpack
Prince Shin's backpack

Goong Chae Kyoung's Accessory Seriese
Crown Necklace
Chae Kyoung style cute earring 1 - (For 2 set)
Chae Kyoung style cute earring 2 - (For 2 set)
Chae Kyoung style cute earring 3 - (For 2 set)
Chae Kyoung style cute earring 4 - (For 2 set)
Chae Kyoung style cute earring 5
Chae Kyoung's rabbit earring
[My Girl/Goong] Stylish stone necklace&earrings set 1
[My Girl/Goong]Style necklace&earring set 2
[My Girl/Goong]Style necklace&earrings set 3
[My Girl/Goong]Stylish stone necklace&earrings set 4
Goong Brooch
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's coser trinkets handphone rope(Small size)
[Purchasing agency]Chae Kyoung's coser trinkets handphone rope

Goong Starionary
Princess Hours(Goong) comic printed clear file set
Princess Hours(Goong) comic printed note book
Princess Hours(Goong) comic printed schedule pocket book

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Mar 15th, '06, 02:46

My order:

1. Goong
2. Full House
3. My Girl

1. Goong - I think it's really intriguing, and the soundtrack is really good :D It doesn't get old or annoying fast, and they're songs you can listen to after the drama is over XD That doesn't happen very often ^^;; Plus, the character's chemistry with each other is really... special ^^;; Indescribable :D

2. Full House - it was good, I'm not gonna say that since I watched other things, all of a sudden, it's bad or something ^^;; It was a bit too cliche, but I didn't mind at the time. The whole arguing thing got old towards the end of the series, though :/

3. My Girl - I didn't like it. It was a blatant Kim Sam Soon rip-off, and in my opinion, Kim Sam Soon is MUCH better T.T;; I thought the first episode was pure recycled theatrics that I've seen just about everywhere else~

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Mar 15th, '06, 05:06

1st. Full House
2nd. Goong
3rd. My Girl

Full house was through out entertaining.

Goong, you can't wait for the next episode - but seriously anyone else feel like a 2nd and 3rd love trianlge?

My girl - its good but not that great. I couldn't stand some parts.

doughtygal

Post by doughtygal » Mar 15th, '06, 08:21

I voted for My Girl, just bc I think the storyline is cute and funny....hehehe

samstar

Post by samstar » Mar 15th, '06, 11:52

mallepa wrote: 3. My Girl - I didn't like it. It was a blatant Kim Sam Soon rip-off, and in my opinion, Kim Sam Soon is MUCH better T.T;; I thought the first episode was pure recycled theatrics that I've seen just about everywhere else~
eh? can you explain why you think My Girl is a rip-off of Sam-soon? i know it's your opinion, but i just want to see your justification for it. maybe i'll learn something new. like what besides both being a romantic comedy with strong female leads who are kind of out there, what exactly about My Girl gives you the impression that it copied Kim Sam Soon?
asking because both are my favorite korean romantic comedies. i was obsessed w/ KSS for like half a year after it came out. and the same wtih My Girl, after finishing it just last weekend, i'm now recovering from My Girl blues. funny how i love both dramas, find them both to be great, pure delights, and when i read you comment about My Girl ripping off Sam-soon, i can't see it all. like what is it? is it the plot that's the same? the characters? stuff that happens in the two dramas that are exactly the same? the beginning? the middle? the ending? is it because Yoo-rin eats alot and talks to herself, and daydreams like Sam-soon? is that all?
i just don't see it. My Girl a 'blatant rip-off'? of KSS? :scratch: how so?

back to topic:
1. My Girl:
the jokes were funny! the story was balanced with humor and serious moments. the romantic moments between Gong-chan and Yoo-rin did not disappoint at all! their kiss! each episode kept me hooked. the search for the real grand-daughter kept me guessing until the very end, and the end surprised me. :lol this series also has so many meaningful little things in it, like the meaning behind the snow, and the karoke song that Yoo-rin sang, and the snowglobe. i won't say it's the best series ever, because i did feel that the ending left out some of the sides stories. but My Girl definitely tops in this list. a very entertaining show throughout with some of the best acting, especially from the Lee Da-hae who played Yoo-rin. i don't think any other actress would have done this character justice. love strong female characters! also, My Girl's romantic chemistry absolutely tops the chemistry in the other two dramas.
2. Full House:
Full House is the original, the classic? please. many people complained that Full House copied Attic Cat that came before it. 'two characters who hate each other forced to live together due to circumstances, then find themselves falling in love with one another.' sounds too familiar to be original. but hey, i liked Full House. it was lighthearted, brezzy fun. it wasn't meant to be too heavy or anything, and i enjoyed it like that. so yeah, i didn't take it too seriously, because there was no real point to it. there was eye-candy, and some sweet moments, and some funny moments. i enjoyed Full House a lot too, but it just doesn't beat My Girl imo. Full House was a good drama, but it wasn't outstanding on any level, not in acting, not in plot, not in its characters. the chemistry was really good between Song Hye-gyo and Bi. but their final kiss was definitely a let down. really undermined the chemistry they had all through the series.
3. Goong:
i started watching this before My Girl. i gave up! okay, no, now i'm watching again it, only because i'm done with My Girl, but still. each episode of this series is so boring. i feel like i'm just watching pretty pictures pass through the screen. the mood is so melo, which doesn't have to be bad, but for this drama, it feels deathly boring. so i'm on episode 7 and i heard it gets better. i hope so! because right now it's so slow. and even worst when the actors stinks up the screen too. i like Yoon Eun-hye, but if anyone is going to complain that Lee Da-hae acts too cute in My Girl, Eun-hye to me is even worst, because her acting is really unpolished. her cuteness is what i would call forced. and the male leads are really a dissappointment. none of them have presense or charisma on screen. heard that they are all newbies. well, it definitely shows. sticking it out with this series and hoping it'll get better. but right now, it's not so great as everyone is saying it is.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 15th, '06, 12:49

Well said, samstar. You said exactly what I felt about all 3 dramas. And I too, have quite a few episodes of Goong which I have been putting off watching. But I will definitely watch them, since I've already downloaded them. Sometimes I feel like I'm just watching it just for the pretty sets and cute teddy bears :P. Not forgetting all the hype over it. IMHO, Goong could have potentially been so much greater if they had used better actors and actresses. Hopefully it gets better and their acting/chemistry improves...XD

For the record, I rank them:
1) My Girl :thumleft:
2) Full House
3) Goong

mallepa

Post by mallepa » Mar 15th, '06, 15:16

samstar wrote: eh? can you explain why you think My Girl is a rip-off of Sam-soon? i know it's your opinion, but i just want to see your justification for it.
Sure ^^;; This is just the way I see it, so I'm not trying to knock down anyone's opinions of the show ^^;;
I don't know if it's just me, but I think the whole "out-spoken, unpredictable" female lead has been used too many times. In My Girl, the first thing that ran through my head when it started up at the airport scene was "oh god, not again" :x It's just an old idea being recycled over and over again. :x Plus, they still have the whole older lady-younger guy relationship thing that's been used before, most recently in KSS. Plus, I didn't find My Girl funny at all. :x
Maybe if they aired the drama a few years after KSS came out, I would've seen it differently.

... well, that's just what I think ^^;;

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 15th, '06, 15:16

gonna have to wait till goong is over to vote :roll

m0nya

Post by m0nya » Mar 15th, '06, 15:32

goong is an obsession.. i don't know.. mayb coz the plot is abt a life in a palace..something different

from our ordinary life..n make it different from other korean dramas??

royalblood

Post by royalblood » Mar 15th, '06, 15:36

CraZyaH wrote:gonna have to wait till goong is over to vote :roll
yeah, that's a good idea........ :-)

jfboy2000
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jfboy2000 » Mar 15th, '06, 15:38

interesting....
i think goong is one of the best ive seen. then it would be full house. i disliked my girl. i thought it sucked. i don't understand why so many people like it....

oh well, everyone's different. we each have our own opinions. as the japanese say, "juu nin, tou iro"/”十人十色”.

royalblood

Post by royalblood » Mar 15th, '06, 15:47

jfboy2000 wrote:interesting....
i think goong is one of the best ive seen. then it would be full house. i disliked my girl. i thought it sucked. i don't understand why so many people like it....

oh well, everyone's different. we each have our own opinions. as the japanese say, "juu nin, tou iro"/”十人十色”.
wow....i thot my girl was one of the best kdrama i've ever seen......

well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion......... :lol

yull_lind

Post by yull_lind » Mar 15th, '06, 15:59

can't compare
but vote for MY GIRL
best korean drama i ever watch
and i'm in love with seol gong chan
+ the OST is the best.. really enjoy it :thumright:

Horizon

Post by Horizon » Mar 15th, '06, 17:14

well i have to say the My Girl OST is great. But it would have been my favourite OST if they stuck that "pluck a star" song LDH was singing when they sayed with those villagers and the other one she sang on it. Heck if the OST only had that "pluck a star" song on it and nothing else it'd still kick ass.

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Mar 15th, '06, 21:33

My Girl all the way! :D. BASHA! She is sooo acttractive and decent :D. So Beautiful! :D

[img]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5977 ... ae21xj.jpg[/img]

sks77390

Post by sks77390 » Mar 15th, '06, 22:36

I rewatched all episodes of Full House and My Girl and the beginning of Goong before voting just to be sure...

Not that I think it's the best Kdrama ever but what makes the difference according to me is LEE DA HAE. She is only 21 and already very talented.

I liked Full House because it was a good drama and there were SHK in it ( She obviously has a pretty face and she improved her skill in this show).

The first time I watched My girl, it reminded me of Full house, maybe because the characters played by SHK and LDH were quite similar in the first episodes.

But little by little, whereas the character played by SHK became more and more insipid, the character portrayed by LDH grows on me. She made her emotions deeper whenever she smiles, cries or in her sorrows. Her facial expressions were so cute and convincing.

I like SHK because her beauty is obvious like someone said. And I give her credit for admitting her lack of acting skill in an interview for her new movie. I truly hope she'll improve to become a great actress....

As for LDH, she is already recognize as a young talented actress. She won awards for her role in Flower King Fairy and for...... My Girl.

As a conclusion, I can say that Full House and Goong may be good comedy dramas for my eyes but only My girl touch my heart....

Just my thoughts.

PS: Since I've watched Green Rose, I find LDH very Gorgeous and she is taller than SHK ( 170cm ) :wub:

This girl is really blessed.

huangziwei

Post by huangziwei » Mar 16th, '06, 12:56

couldn't dl full house, so that only leaves me goong & mygirl...
my girl is so funny... i almost rolled off my chair of laughing a several times :D
but still... i love the story of goong...
not to mention shin & yul :P
so... 1 vote more for goong!! ^^

samstar

Post by samstar » Mar 16th, '06, 13:40

mallepa wrote:
samstar wrote: eh? can you explain why you think My Girl is a rip-off of Sam-soon? i know it's your opinion, but i just want to see your justification for it.
Sure ^^;; This is just the way I see it, so I'm not trying to knock down anyone's opinions of the show ^^;;
I don't know if it's just me, but I think the whole "out-spoken, unpredictable" female lead has been used too many times. In My Girl, the first thing that ran through my head when it started up at the airport scene was "oh god, not again" :x It's just an old idea being recycled over and over again. :x Plus, they still have the whole older lady-younger guy relationship thing that's been used before, most recently in KSS. Plus, I didn't find My Girl funny at all. :x
Maybe if they aired the drama a few years after KSS came out, I would've seen it differently.

... well, that's just what I think ^^;;
thanks for explaining your justifications mallepa.
truthfully though :blink , i think you're judging a little too harshly against My Girl. these similarities that you pointed out are really minor details compared to the bigger picture presented in both dramas, which i find to be vastly different from one another when it comes to plot, on-going themes, the various characters and their relationships with each other, etc.

"out-spoken, unpredictable female leads" - i don't think this point is enough to qualify the My Girl drama as a whole to be a rip-off of KSS just because this characteristic of the two dramas' female leads are similar. yes, KSS and JYR have this aspect of their characters in common, but they are also very different in many other qualities. besides, you even mentioned that this type of heroine has been used several times before, which makes KSS not the first to present this type of strong leading female image. how can My Girl be a rip-off of KSS when KSS wasn't even the original? and on a side note, i find it refreshing that PDs are presenting us more and more with heroines who are not only strong but colorful, full of attitude. God forbit K-dramas try to deviate from presenting the oh so common damsel in distress roles for the leading ladies, not.

"older woman-younger man relationship" - i'm going to assume you are talking about the secretary's and Jin-Guo's (sp?) relationship. okay, yes, the similarities in age coupling is definitely there. but other than the obvious age thing, there is absolutely nothing else about this couple and the couple in KSS that are similar. the couples dynamics in their respective dramas are completely different from the other, not to mention how their relationship develops, and of course, what role their relationship plays to the development of the plot itself. to say that My Girl ripped-off from KSS for this reason is even more far-fetched to me.

like i said, i love these two dramas, two of my favorite dramas of recent. that's why i was initially curious about your reasoning behind My Girl being a 'blatant rip-off' of SS, as being a huge fan of both dramas, that never even crossed my mind. :scratch: i was hoping to learn something i may have missed about the two dramas. but my impression after reading your post is that your basing your judgements against My Girl on really superficial details. saying My Girl is a blatant rip-off of KSS is a little too harsh, and it doesn't hold up based on your reasonings.

i'm not trying to knock you for your opinions of the drama either. it's okay that you don't like or even hate the drama. didn't find it funny at all? that's okay, everyone has different tastes. but as a fan of My Girl, i'm going to defend the series when i see that claims of it being 'a blatant rip-off' are obviously unjustified. it's a little unfair and insulting not only to the drama, but also to the scriptwriters and PDs.

imisu

Post by imisu » Mar 16th, '06, 20:40

i liked full house a lot, then began watching goong and thought it was better, but now watching My Girl, I think it's the best! So cute and funny!!! Goong started to annoy me a bit bc she was always so submissive, not enough spunk and became a bit boring. So my vote went to my girl!!

lil_vi3t_cupid

Post by lil_vi3t_cupid » Mar 17th, '06, 03:23

my girl! I love lee junki he is such a spunk

sweetsweet
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetsweet » Mar 17th, '06, 04:48

My Girl! My Girl!!!

I loved the actors there, they had awsome chemistry ~ good actings, great ost, good storyline, fast paced..They blended comedy and sad really well, I cried and laughed at the same time. The dialogues between Gong Chan and Yoo Rin then Jeong Woo were just oh so sweet~

Full House, even though I also liked the drama, it was very repetitive. I mean, all Bi and SHK doing was cleaning, bickering, eating, telling lame jokes..

Goong - I have nothing to say, like many, I'm watching it for the manga, the pretty settings, the oldies and the palace. The main actors, I know it's their first time but still..no offense they are like some flower vases moving on the screen..the first 10 episodes were boring and draggy, but it does get a little better in the latter eps. However, it's still lacking chemistry between the leads. Don't get me wrong, I do like Goong but I don't think it's great or good, just an okay.

yummiekiwi

Post by yummiekiwi » Mar 17th, '06, 23:23

Full House all the way!!!! It was my first drama.. I've always thought that dramas were corny and with very bad acting but Full House changed my mind. HAha now I'm like a Drama Monster watching everything I can get my grubby hands on!

Goong is pretty awesome too I love Yul!! :wub:

Although I'm starting on My Girl.. it seems interesting :D!!

All very hard choices tho.. :scratchchin:

albapeach

Post by albapeach » Mar 17th, '06, 23:28

my gurl wins for me
cute story , nice actors~

goong is cute...but...i dun really like the theme

and full house was totally boring -0-;;; she moves in and out, in and out blablabla

Nadil
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Nadil » Mar 17th, '06, 23:53

I love all these dramas very much! But I vote for FH because it was my first kdrama^^ it's so awesome :wub: OST is great too :cheers:
Full House Full House Full House Yehh........ :clap: :w000t: :thumleft: :thumright: