Bittorent Client Recommendations

Discuss technical and geeky things here.

What Bittorrent client do you use?

ABC
9%
Azureus
23%
BitTornado / TheSHAD0W's experimental BT client
10%
BitComet
30%
Nova Torrent
0%
official BT client (by Bram Cohen)
6%
TorrentStorm
1%
Shareaza
2%
eXeem
0%
µTorrent
19%

Total votes: 834

JenBell

Post by JenBell » Feb 1st, '06, 17:26

I have been using burst for ages. I can download most torrents just fine. For other ones I use bitcomet. With burst I constantly hit my max bandwidth when downloading. Just set it up properly, change priorities to above normal and off it goes. Also, make sure u have a patch copy of tcpip.sys in the right folders.

I am sure most people have this done already...if u dont...shame on u, oh and how are getting decent download speeds then? sp2 limits u to 10 connections which is nothing. As usual people...google for anything u need

Also, remember that ZoneAlarm all versions will make ur tcpip stack unstable for torrent downloads if u used a patch copy of tcpip.sys. Best performance for torrent downloading so far is NIS 2005-6. I use norton when downloading and zonealarm at other times. Unloading norton services is also pretty easy so, its all good. Thats all u really need for software firewalls :alcoholic:

Oh and azereus or whatever its called...I just think it does not have the control parameters I want also, java is just crap for this sort of thing, u want minimum cpu cycles used for maximum throughput. People with USB modems would loose more download speed from there topend. As for the rj45 crew, always remember to change the pri for ur bit torrent program to above normal. While these programs do not need alot of cpu time, most of them anyway, it will make there reference to other services much smoother...making ur download speed consistent and higher than usual. Might not be but alot but it does help when downloading large files. People dling 700mb files would see the most benefit.

End my ramblings...so who do I vote for? None of them...writting my own program for torrents at the moment;-) (its amazing what ur willing to do to get better download speeds oh and making my program based on burst source - dont worry its only for personal use) :blink

anakmelayu

Post by anakmelayu » Feb 22nd, '06, 02:45

list of bad isp :
Rogers, Canada
Shaw Cable, Canada
http://www.cogeco.ca/
http://www.eastlink.ca/
iburst, New Zealand
http://www.fibertel.com.ar/
http://www.biscit.net/
Telenet, Belgium
http://www.virtua.com.br/
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/
Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company

to check the rest:
http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Bad_ISPs

anakmelayu

Post by anakmelayu » Feb 22nd, '06, 02:47

yamiazn

Post by yamiazn » Feb 22nd, '06, 03:12

I started with Bitlord because I saw it on mininova but then I switch to alot of other clients but I came back to bitlord because it has all the function, the upload restriction on it works, you can set priority for files, resume is quite fast, I been using it for dling batch files and it been very effective despite some people saying it has spyware and stuff but I have found none yet =/ good client just that it a little big on memory but it nothing compare to azureus

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 01:41

since i've been gone for so long, i just upgraded to the latest btornado and went along my merry way. this new utorrent sounds rather interesting, however.

dEvIlDuDe

Post by dEvIlDuDe » Mar 8th, '06, 05:03

I'm still using the old orig bitorrent 3.4.2 hehe I just like the simplicity of it... it gots good spped normal is 50 -130-300(if there are good speeds)... KAA releases get me 100+ stable doesn't hav up limiter so I contribute just fine on the upping...

I'm also intrigued by this utorrent one... the [H]ardocp.com forumers like it...

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Mar 15th, '06, 04:27

Does anyone know which clients can seed files FROM A CD-ROM?

Official BT wouldn't let me, BitTornado wouldn't let me. BitComet lets me upload a file which is on CD but I'll have to restart the program occasionally because of error messages and memory leaks.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 15th, '06, 04:39

BitComet is fastest for me. However, it doesn't have super-seeding mode.

Which program is best for super-seeding? I tried Azureus and BitTornado, and didn't like either.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 15th, '06, 05:02

6502inside wrote:Does anyone know which clients can seed files FROM A CD-ROM?
it is not recommended to seed from a cd-rom. you're just asking to buy a new cd-rom drive very soon. as you're seeding, the drive continually reads. it's quite possible you'll ruin your drive AND your cd.
8thSin wrote:Which program is best for super-seeding? I tried Azureus and BitTornado, and didn't like either.
8th: to tell you the truth, i'm not sure if superseed is really needed unless you're the initial seeder. a lot fhe clients/tracker seems pretty smart about the seeding. or maybe i'm just imagining it. i've used btornado for the longest time, and i like it's super-seed mode.

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Mar 16th, '06, 08:14

jholic wrote: it is not recommended to seed from a cd-rom. you're just asking to buy a new cd-rom drive very soon. as you're seeding, the drive continually reads. it's quite possible you'll ruin your drive AND your cd.
Thank you for your opinion, but I can't agree. Both CD-ROM drives and CD-R media are cheap and plentiful. More importantly, my Sega Saturn is proof that a quality drive and CDs can last for many years with thousands of hours of use. My question still stands.

sw33t_angel

Post by sw33t_angel » Mar 17th, '06, 18:04

i thought azureus and bittornado are the same thing. i think i got both. dont know y.

so is it good or not so good?

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Mar 17th, '06, 18:20

I am using Bit Spirit as the Bittorent Client program

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 17th, '06, 23:53

6502inside wrote:Does anyone know which clients can seed files FROM A CD-ROM?
Azureus will allow you to seed from DVD/CD-ROM drives.

In versions 2.4.x
Open the torrent, you will get the "Open Torrent" manager window
Select "Seeding" for the "Add Mode"
Right click on the file in the "Files in torrent" list and select "Change Destination" and select the file you want to seed from the DVD/CD-ROM drive
Do not change the "Location to save data" option. If this is not set to a writeable path you will get an error.

Even when seeding at full speed my drive rarely reads continuously as jholic suggested. That being said his warning about ruining your drive and media should not be dismissed off-hand. Trust me on this. :P

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 17th, '06, 23:56

8thSin wrote:BitComet is fastest for me. However, it doesn't have super-seeding mode.

Which program is best for super-seeding? I tried Azureus and BitTornado, and didn't like either.
I use Azureus for super-seeding when I'm the only seed on old/rare torrents. uTorrent also has super-seeding though.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 18th, '06, 06:34

sw33t_angel wrote:i thought azureus and bittornado are the same thing. i think i got both. dont know y.
so is it good or not so good?
i prefer bittornado. azureus is a good client, but i believe it is java-based, which i feel makes it a greater risk in terms of security. both clients have a lot of good features.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Mar 19th, '06, 02:03

jholic wrote:azureus is a good client, but i believe it is java-based, which i feel makes it a greater risk in terms of security.
Sorry, but this is big nonsense. Java is a programming language. The Java Runtime Environment in which the application runs is very mature. Lots of important software is written in Java. The Azureus source code is open and can be checked by millions of users for errors. Where is the security risk?
Please don't confuse memory usage with security.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 19th, '06, 02:33

saigo_x wrote:
8thSin wrote:BitComet is fastest for me. However, it doesn't have super-seeding mode.

I use Azureus for super-seeding when I'm the only seed on old/rare torrents. uTorrent also has super-seeding though.
Thanks, I tried uTorrent, it's slower than BitComet, but seems to be working okay. Azureus takes too much memory for my laptop. It feels like I'm encoding something when that program is on.

vietunit

Post by vietunit » Mar 19th, '06, 04:15

currently im trying things out.

Azureus : its okay, i have to learn how to set my rates though. oh yeah this baby loves memory
BitTornado : horrible speeds.
BitComet : Torrent just sat there, 20 mins later it'll take 15 days to dl a 350mb file
uTorrent: Tried it, seems okay, not that fast, but stable
ABC : almost like BitComet, sat there and then nothing.
i'll be tryin BT++ and soon so i'll update later.

-- edit ---

okay i tried official and all that other crap.

im sticking with uTorrent. feels like your not even running bt lol.
barley uses any mem. its speed is like 4 out of 5, 5 being higest.

i recommend uTorrent to people that like to multi task. (dling 3 torrents/music/games)

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 19th, '06, 19:57

8thSin wrote:Thanks, I tried uTorrent, it's slower than BitComet, but seems to be working okay. Azureus takes too much memory for my laptop. It feels like I'm encoding something when that program is on.
Your welcome. I still have uTorrent installed, although I rarely use it. I mostly seed and so Azurues is the perfect program because of the numerous features and information it provides. The amount of memory it uses is not as big an issue for me as being able to closely monitor the status/health of the torrents I'm seeding, as a whole or by individual peer. In that respect none of the others come close.
For those that like Azureus but were turned off by the amount of memory it uses, you can scale this down by disabling any unneeded features. Most people can do without the logging, statistics, extra plugins, and even distributed tracking (depending on the tracker).
Regarding Bitcomet, I really dislike this client not as a leecher, but as a seeder. Many low peer torrents I am on which have Bitcomet clients are unstable. Bitcomet seems to cycle alot more than other clients. This is epecially true when I am using superseed mode. Many Bitcomet clients will grab a piece and then cycle out and back in after receving a complete piece.

soutsada7

Post by soutsada7 » Mar 19th, '06, 23:22

bitcomet.

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 19th, '06, 23:27

soutsada7 wrote:bitcomet.
agree... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bitcomet 0.63 :thumright: :thumright:

vietunit

Post by vietunit » Mar 19th, '06, 23:39

bitcomet suks for me lol, stickin wtih uTorrent xD lagless

of _the_fire_roots

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 19th, '06, 23:43

bitcomet doesnt suck. i just like utorrent better cause its small and simple

dan99

Post by dan99 » Mar 20th, '06, 21:23

used them all for a long time... now using utorrent.. one single 160k exe file.. no install.. I max my download speeds.. pause/resume.. priorities actually worlk.. sits around 6 - 8mb memory and 2 - 4% cpu.. small.. simple.. gets the job done..missing a preview function.. but a simple copy and rename solves that..

countryboy

Post by countryboy » Mar 20th, '06, 21:30

definitely BITCOMET. use very little resource if you set it to not reserve the full file size at download time.

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 20th, '06, 21:52

wich one is the best for mac OX?
I use the official BT or Bits on Wheels...Am I wrong?

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Mar 20th, '06, 21:56

kokko8 wrote:wich one is the best for mac OX?
I use the official BT or Bits on Wheels...Am I wrong?
There's always Tomato and Azureus. However, they should all work the same if you have everything setup correctly.

Besides, you're not really wrong at all since if they work out for you, then why change it?

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 20th, '06, 22:35

Thx for your reply!

I don't know, maybe I can expect even better speed?
The perf are randomly good...sometimes I get 20 kb/s but often 4 kb/s...with 3 seeds.

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Mar 20th, '06, 22:47

I personally use Tomato. I find that it's easier to use, and I get (slightly) better speeds when I'm at college (evil thick firewall)

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 20th, '06, 22:59

what kind of speed do you get behind a firewall?

I'm really interested to know, I'm in the same situation...

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Mar 20th, '06, 23:06

It's really dependent of how many I have going at once. I'm really impatient, so I usually have 10 or so...and then it's around 1 or 2K each.

If I just have one or two it usually ranges around 5 or 6. Not too bad, but it's a lot better when I'm at my house.

I'm also using a port that was designed for the bittorent users.

What kind of speed do you get?

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 20th, '06, 23:12

between 3 to 30 kb/s...
with 7 torrents at the same time, for a total download rate of 65 kb/s
and with 50 kb/s of upload.

amsibm

Post by amsibm » Mar 22nd, '06, 10:14

Let see, I started with the original client, then moved on to the experimental client. Followed by azureus, and now utorrent. Loved azureus, used it for a long time before switching to utorrent. Speed wise, I think they are all fairly similar. With azureus and utorrent, one can control the uploads/downloads better. If not for the amount of memory used by azureus due to java, I would probably still be using it.

lexle3

Post by lexle3 » Mar 22nd, '06, 10:21

i use bit spirit now, and i would highly recommend it.

why? because i get extremely fast speeds in a short amount of time.

http://www.167bt.com/intl/

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » Mar 22nd, '06, 10:27

Too bad, it doesn't exist on OSX :(

lync

Post by lync » Apr 4th, '06, 22:57

I notice that a majority of you are using bitcomet as a client. Although I'm sure none of you are doing it knowingly, bitcomet has a reputation as a "cheating" client, that behaves aggressively to trackers and unfairly to other clients by doing things like:
-misrepresenting upload/download ratios
-favouring other bitcomet clients when uploading
-ignoring "private" flags on torrents from private trackers
-excessively disconnect/reconnecting in order to trick other clients into uploading to them more

The thread here has most of the major problems in the first post and several others in later posts. Other reports of it's unfair behaviour can be found here in the last section, here in the first few posts, here, or googling for "bitcomet ban"

For those of you who will point out that this none of this is "officially" confirmed (who would be the official anyway?), I can only point out that the whole reason I discovered all this is because I was noticing that clients (and seeds) using bitcomet send me far less data than clients using other programs and almost never have >1 share ratios with me. (I use Azureus)

Anyway, I hope people will consider switching to other bittorrent clients, I won't even try to suggest which one.. Anything that treats other users fairly is ok by me.. (I believe that excludes BitLord, which I've been told is a BitComet clone).

I'm sure in a community like this where so many people are willing to put in huge amounts of time and effort to translate and subtitle shows (thanks by the way), no one wants to intentionally exploit other users

vietunit

Post by vietunit » Apr 4th, '06, 23:22

yeah what u said is true, makes it rough on other cients, but no probs with utorrent atm, i'll give bitspirit a try after i finish dling the tob series

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Apr 5th, '06, 04:06

lync wrote:-excessively disconnect/reconnecting in order to trick other clients into uploading to them more
I can comfirm this without a doubt. I've mentioned it many times that low peer torrents where I am the only seed are often unstable if there are Bitcomet clients in the swarm, especially when I use superseeding. There must be some settings in Bitcomet that make it so agressive because I have seen some Bitcomet peers that have excellent share ratios and don't cause so many problems. The newer versions seem to be less troublesome it appears.

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Apr 12th, '06, 09:33

I myself started with Azureus. But like someone mentioned it eating a lot of resources, I decided to switch to uTorrent. Its clean fast and no frills interface is not bad at all.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Apr 15th, '06, 21:22

It's official, I hate BitComet. I just cannot get any torrent I seed to work well with superseed if there is even one Bitcomet client in the swarm. What the hell is wrong with that program? Is it some leech setting that the user sets that is causing this problem? Is it only coincidence that most of the peers using Bitcomet have low share ratios? Or that torrents without Bitcomet clients reach 100% availability of parts alot faster?
I am talking about torrents where I am the only seed thus the preference for using superseed mode. Low peer torrents with only Bitcomet clients run at 56k speeds when I use superseed. Even if I use standard seeding mode it still takes longer than other torrents with few or no Bitcomet clients.
It's not a connection problem obviously. And it's not a general problem with superseed mode because other clients don't cause problems. I've also seen quite a few peers using Bitcomet that have high share ratios, although I can't specifically recall any when I was using superseed mode.

shadow20002

Post by shadow20002 » Apr 24th, '06, 15:12

Back in time, i was always stick with Bittornado but since you can't download multiple torrents without having to share your bandwith with each one, i use Utorrent. The best of all, it use less memory than any other clients.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Apr 25th, '06, 16:05

The current BitTornado release has some code added to it that is highly suspect. Numerous transient connections are made to a single host that has nothing to do with the torrent, and the nature of the communication with that host is unknown. This strange behaviour was detected in a distribution retrieved from bittornado.com.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 25th, '06, 16:35

i use the official BT client.. works fine for me... no complaints...

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Apr 25th, '06, 16:46

guccijana wrote:i use the official BT client.. works fine for me... no complaints...
The official bt client used to choke on multi-tracker torrents, other than that it's just fine. Does it handle multi-tracker torrents now?

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Apr 25th, '06, 17:05

pokute wrote:
guccijana wrote:i use the official BT client.. works fine for me... no complaints...
The official bt client used to choke on multi-tracker torrents, other than that it's just fine. Does it handle multi-tracker torrents now?
jap.. ahh it did used to only download 3 torrents at a time (which was a pain).. but now its much better multi-tracker torrents all the way (as many as ones heart desires he-he)
its pretty good..

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Apr 25th, '06, 17:17

I just grepped the source for the official BT client. As far as I can tell it does not handle multitracker. I don't think multitracker is a good thing, but choking on it and doing nothing is worse. So I guess BitTornado and µTorrent are the only known clients that handle multitracker torrents correctly?

pixelex

Post by pixelex » Apr 25th, '06, 17:23

Azureus is a beauty for sure. Started with BitComet, but have been very happy ever since changing over to Azureus. It works really fast for me, after tweaking the options recommended by their website.

Azureus also allows you to selectively download individual files within torrents, do other clients do that as well? Options and configuration settings in Azureus are also tops.

Buck

Post by Buck » May 2nd, '06, 19:38

pixelex wrote:Azureus is a beauty for sure. Started with BitComet, but have been very happy ever since changing over to Azureus. It works really fast for me, after tweaking the options recommended by their website.

Azureus also allows you to selectively download individual files within torrents, do other clients do that as well? Options and configuration settings in Azureus are also tops.
Other clients let you do that too, yes. I guess everything just depends on you and your computer. Like me a few days ago I switched to uTorrent because Azureus was giving me a hard time with downloading and ever since I switched to uTorrent I haven't been having much difficulty downloading at a high rate.

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jun 12th, '06, 20:26

I can't decide which one to try out. I'm using the official Bittorrent right now, and it had always served me well until I switched to the new version that's all fancied up and stuff. But still, it's okay. Lately, though, my speeds have been horrible. I'm wondering if this is because of the program or if there is just something wrong with my DSL connection.

I'm not sure how to get good upload speeds (reading all that high-tech stuff is confusing), but I want a program that is safe and uses little memory. Also has to have decent speeds. Was thinking of trying uTorrent. Is it safe?

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 12th, '06, 20:38

I recommend people using older clients who are having slow downloads upgrade to newer versions. Many users have upgraded to newer clients that are using transport encryption to get around ISP filtering.
theresalynne wrote:I'm not sure how to get good upload speeds (reading all that high-tech stuff is confusing), but I want a program that is safe and uses little memory. Also has to have decent speeds. Was thinking of trying uTorrent. Is it safe?
uTorrent is a nice low-cpu client. I have it installed and still use it occasionally.

wizardmao

Post by wizardmao » Jul 6th, '06, 14:20

Guys, I've a question.

If under my seed/peers, it shows 1/59[1/608]

It means I'm connected to 1 seed and 59 peers right?

However there are a total of 608 peers avaliable... is der anyway to help me connect to them all?

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Jul 8th, '06, 03:32

I'm not sure how the client decides how many peers to connect to (maybe it's configurable on some clients) but if there are 600 peers you really don't need to be connected to all of them. Having that many connections would be an inefficient use of bandwidth.

wizardmao

Post by wizardmao » Jul 8th, '06, 07:07

but... de peers is too little and im downloadin veri slow...

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Jul 9th, '06, 07:05

there are more than a few causes of slow downloading, I think it is covered in the FAQs

lwq

Post by lwq » Aug 5th, '06, 15:02

I am usign bitcomet right now. Is it good? How can i speed up?

mister

Post by mister » Aug 5th, '06, 15:14

i don't think there's a way to speed up any type of bittorrent client because it really in the end requires people to seed for you to go fast

lwq

Post by lwq » Aug 6th, '06, 00:33

i see... anyway, i saw the show peer status thingy on the torrents.... can explain that?thanks.

ndoodles

Post by ndoodles » Aug 7th, '06, 17:36

I used the official one first and didn't like it as much as Azureus so I recommend Azureus!

hkun

Post by hkun » Aug 10th, '06, 19:54

I use BitComet, but sometimes it can't connect to seeders...

glace

Post by glace » Aug 22nd, '06, 00:07

Hi, a newbie.
When i started to download for the first time, by the recomandation of my friend I downloaded Bitcomet, I've found it a little bit difficult to used, because of the interface. Then by the time, looking for a better client, I've discovered utorrent. It's the best client of the moment.
I'have read on pc mag, and many other review that until his creation, azereus was the best.
It's a lightweight BitTorrent client for Windows (170 Kb only), and it doesn't use many system ressource, and it is said to best th fastest.

I have read on some post that some of we have a slow brandwith connection. It may be caused by the the lack of system ressource, because the ram isn't enough. But also, bc the connection is shared with others programs like msn messenger...

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Aug 22nd, '06, 00:30

Though I voted for BitComet in this poll before, I switched to µTorrent late last year and doinkies really likes it. ^_^ It also doesn't do the doinky things that BitComet does when seeding files, documented in an earlier post:
I notice that a majority of you are using bitcomet as a client. Although I'm sure none of you are doing it knowingly, bitcomet has a reputation as a "cheating" client, that behaves aggressively to trackers and unfairly to other clients by doing things like:
-misrepresenting upload/download ratios
-favouring other bitcomet clients when uploading
-ignoring "private" flags on torrents from private trackers
-excessively disconnect/reconnecting in order to trick other clients into uploading to them more
Since I discovered that, I decided to switch to µTorrent.

MifuneGoh

µtorrent

Post by MifuneGoh » Sep 4th, '06, 20:59

First I used Bittornado. But I didn't like the UI. And it was buggy.

So then I used Azureus. It had a nice, pretty interface and had lots of features. It's biggest fault is it requires the dog-slow Java VM to run. Ack...

I got tired of Java sucking up system resources and went back to Bittornado. Except, that version couldn't decide how big to display the UI. LOL

Someone suggested µtorrent to me and I've used it ever since. It's tiny, uses less system resources than any other Windows client (right now I am seeding two torrents from here, and it's using less than 4MB RAM, and CPU use is at 1% or less), and has a nice, clean user interface. Supposedly, it has a built-in bare bones tracker, like Azureus. Unlike Azureus, there's no web interface, yet. It also supports DHT, peer exchange, and protocol encryption (the latter was developed as a team effort with the Azureus folk).

I like how I can set things like number of connections, transfer rates, seed limits, and selective downloads *before* it connects to the tracker(s).

There may be some functions it doesn't support. But for the vast majority of Windows users, especially those with resource-challenged systems, or who are still using Win9x, there is no better bit torrent client than µtorrent. (This is just not arguable, so don't waste your breath, er, fingertips...heh.)

M.G
[/b]

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Sep 4th, '06, 21:26

I started with the official client it was nice and all and simple for being an official release. But i found Bitcomet tryed it out and since then i been using for anything bittorent related.

I highly reccomend it even like many people said it still has its pros and cons but we can live with that.

my vote BitComet FTW!!!

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Sep 4th, '06, 21:35

I use utorrent http://www.utorrent.com/ it uses very little computer resources, but it is windows only. Right now I'm seeding a 603 MB file and the program is using only 5.7 MB of ram , I used to use ABC but that used up lots of memory and cpu cycles because it was writen in Python, utorrent is written in C. The program itself is contained within a single executable less than 170 KB in size.

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 20th, '06, 21:10

µTorrent..

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Oct 21st, '06, 05:00

I used BitComet in the past, as it's arguably the most famous client besides Azureus. But then, I've found many torrent site banning BitComet and I switched to uTorrent. It's SMOOTH. It's such a light program and I can still surf pretty ok even though I'm seeding at a fairly high rate.

eternal_dragon_666

Post by eternal_dragon_666 » Nov 2nd, '06, 04:05

utorrent's the future of BT. It's got great speeds yet doesn't take up much cpu.
With Bitlord, I got speeds of DL: 60kbs, UL: 10 kbs.
With uTorrent, I get speeds now DL: 200kbs, UL: 80kbs.
so I don't need to describe any further, I'm sure all of you put speed as priority no 1.

dee8o8

What Bittorrent Client do You Use????

Post by dee8o8 » Nov 20th, '06, 04:36

i have used bittornado and utorrent.

just wondering what do you use and/or your feedback on what makes them better than the rest.
i just started to use utorrent due to the feature of selecting ,out of a batch, which ones to download.
prior to this i have been using bittornado.
whats good about it and whats bad about it?
i dont have much knowledge about this subject so any input is well appreciated!
thanks in advance!!!
:salut:

dmaechan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dmaechan » Nov 20th, '06, 04:44

the only BT client i've ever used is Azureus..so i don't really have anything to compare it with... but i haven't had any problems with it so far... i'm sure there are a lot of better BT clients out there tho

indokid

Post by indokid » Nov 20th, '06, 04:55

utorrent for my windows pc
azureus for my macosx

given a choice.. utorrent is the best out of all the torrent programs i've used

Aulcard

Post by Aulcard » Nov 20th, '06, 08:19

I have only used Azureus and UTorrent. I switched to UTorrent because Azureus uses CPU power like a **** and crashes occasionally. Probably the only thing I dont like about UTorrent is that there appears to be no option to disable that annoying popup balloon that comes up to inform you that a download is complete. Damn that balloon pisses me off. Also not being able to seperate complete from incomplete torrents in different but simultaneously viewable windows like in Azureus.

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Nov 20th, '06, 08:37

This thread could be more helpful
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15112.htm
Last edited by Shizuru on Nov 20th, '06, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 20th, '06, 08:37

I use Bitcomet after trying azureus one time... even if they are similar I like Bitcomet better
Last edited by littledraci on Nov 20th, '06, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

silverchain

Post by silverchain » Nov 20th, '06, 09:19

i used bitcomet as recomended by my frens..dunno about other bcos never used. But can someone tell me how do you set your bitcomet to make it more speedy :whistling:

7-go

Post by 7-go » Nov 20th, '06, 09:25

anybody here use Tuotu?

http://www.tuotu.com/

rumours says it can bypass Deep Packet Inspection (throttling)