[Discussion] Trick (All Seasons + Special)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Trick (All Season or One Season)?

It's magical!
71%
I learned a a Trick or two!
18%
I find out that magic is fake!
3%
I have been Trick-ed into watching!
6%
David Blaine is REAL!
2%

Total votes: 207

NRGchick

Post by NRGchick » Jan 12th, '06, 11:57

Thanks for this... I got interested in Yukie after I watched Gokusen and it led me to TRICK....... awesome series .. funny at times but difficult to understand at times as well... :scratch:

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 12th, '06, 20:44

After watching Gokusen and some other stuff by Nakama Yukie, I'm wondering if I like Nakama Yukie more or Yamada Naoko more.

I know it's crass but the humor in season 1 is just too good.

om369

Post by om369 » Jan 13th, '06, 17:30

I am the same thing ... :roll AFTER seeing Gokussen I just had to see "Trick"

I just finished seeing Season 2 and think that the he/she witch doctor might have said he would not make them leave the forest BUT remember he also went to see Yamada's mom. The witch doctor might have secretly promised not to harm Y & Ueta. Adding...witch doctor might have agreed to let Y's mom to handle the situation instead. I also think that the witch doctor is scared of Y more instead of her mom. Because...even when she was young he tried to lure her away YET she broke his spell. Adding again he tried to make her go to he/she and instead she just stared back at him with a glare and his face suddenly was pale or frightened. :scratch: So no I do not think he is a threat to her or her mom or he/she would not take SO SO long to find and see them.

What I like about season1 was how it rounded out how her father really died and her solving it. As for season 2 I liked how the in the taxi story the victim's real father came out and said that Yamada was truly a outstanding person in deduction and solving crime. BUT if he knew about her other secret natural ability which she herself do not know...well...that would be another story ... :whistling:

The ending might have been weird BUT it is a good opening for Ueta & Y to get together and solve more cases. I can not wait to see "Trick3"

:scratch: Does anyone know where do I download "Trick:Movie special"???

canon05

Post by canon05 » Jan 15th, '06, 10:33

^ You can find the movie at Wachi's clubbox. The link is in "Clubboxes with Jdrama" -- http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

Scroll down, you'll find the link to Wachi's clubbox.

For Bit torrent, you can find it at FSC--Fantastic super club. Hope this helps.

ashitakka

Post by ashitakka » Jan 15th, '06, 17:16

mmmm the second film is here in any mounths... may be they make another season ??? ^^U this will be the best think in this new year you know? XDDD

anybody know about this possibility ? anyone have information ?

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Jan 29th, '06, 14:43

Gir wrote:I see #TV-Nihon is now starting to release a version of the 1st Trick season. I haven't seen it yet, but it is suppose to be a high quality video verson. It is on their torrent site, and in "alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese" on Usenet.
The poster in a.b.m.j newsgroup wrote:No, this isn't a repost.

In my personal opinion, TV-Nihon's release of Densha Otoko is the one to have.
I was so pleased with the job they did, I hoped it wouldn't be their one and
only jdrama. It was not. ^_^

This is the first episode of their next jdrama project, Trick 1.

Like many of you, I've seen this series before. But I am very happy to have
this high-quality release. I've said this many times: T-N does great work.

I hope you all will enjoy this new release as much as I. ^_^

M.G
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DETAILS

Filename...........: [T-N]Trick1_01[3979E837].avi
File Size..........: 347 MB (or 355,808 KB or 364,347,688 bytes)
Length (duration)..: 00:45:27 (81,718 fr)
Video Specs........: Codec: XviD (4cc: xvid) 640x480 (1.33:1) [=4:3]
: FPS: 29.971 Bitrate: 869 kb/s Quality: 0.094 bits/pixel
Audio Language.....: Japanese
Audio Specs........: Codec: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
: 192 kb/s (96/ch, stereo) CBR @ 48000 Hz
Subtitles..........: Hardsub, English
I just thought that some might want to check it out

Eps 2 is out!

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Feb 23rd, '06, 13:18

hi y'all
so many of you really like trick he?
Is it true that they gonna air trick season 4 or is it just a rumour?
anyway, i'm in a low budget this time
anyone know how i can download trick the movie torrent for free?

thanks a lot :)

smartasien

Post by smartasien » Mar 12th, '06, 11:05

man this shows so awesome. SO awesome i even bought the movie. lol and i'm freaking cheap. But i just love ueta his character reminds me a lot of stephen chow. and u just gotta love the subtle kiddy love between ueta and yukie. :)

GO TRICK :cheers:

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Mar 23rd, '06, 00:29

I've really been loving this series, and it's great fun trying to figure out the tricks along with Naoko and Ueda... but I have a quick question about the ending to one of the mysteries in Season 2.

During the first case (the wounded warriors) what exactly is it behind the painting at the end of Episode 3? It said a receipt, but a receipt of what? Was the treasure actually discovered a long time ago and that was a collection of everything they'd bought with it or something? And what happened to that guy who's body was never discovered? Did he find the treasure and disappear, or did he actually die?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I really want to understand this ending!! :O

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Mar 23rd, '06, 00:39

I, like most of the others here LOVE trick....I guess for me it was the fact that I first started on Gokusen and then it moved on to Trick...(praises to TV Nikon)...but now that I find that there are 3 whole seasons I can't find the bandwidth to dl them all at the same time!!!! In reading some of these posts, I don't know whether I should watch the ending of season 2 without having season 3 finished....but all in all I AM SO looking forward to finishing the rest of Trick!!!!!!!!! Oh another note, anyone else getting Gokusen 2????????

ashitakka

Post by ashitakka » May 10th, '06, 19:56

THE NEW MOVIE IS ON THE ROAD !!!!!!!!!!

anyone saw it ?
i need information :P

when is gona be on dvd , and "is gona be SUBING" right ? ^^
i know that this is not a DRAMA but...TRICK is TRICK you know :P

please, some info ?

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » May 10th, '06, 20:10

great news!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » May 17th, '06, 21:25

For all the Trick 2 fans -

I had offered anyone interested in my retranslated & revised Trick 2 subs (based off of Baba's subs) to email or PM me if they were interested, but I can't keep up with the requests anymore, so I've posted them over at the subtitle section. (And if anyone remembers, I translated the Trick TV special, too!)

I hope you all find these subs enjoyable!
Click here to download!
Last edited by awrittensin on May 17th, '06, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

kokko8

Post by kokko8 » May 17th, '06, 21:33

domo!

seaweed

Post by seaweed » May 20th, '06, 18:17

awrittensin wrote:For all the Trick 2 fans -

I had offered anyone interested in my retranslated & revised Trick 2 subs (based off of Baba's subs) to email or PM me if they were interested, but I can't keep up with the requests anymore, so I've posted them over at the subtitle section. (And if anyone remembers, I translated the Trick TV special, too!)

I hope you all find these subs enjoyable!
Click here to download!
Thankyou very much for doing this!! I was intending to revise the subs myself but didnt have the time and effort to do it. Thank you!!

mayyeejeh

Post by mayyeejeh » Jun 29th, '06, 19:02

can someone tell me where can i download Trick the movie of 2002, the ones they have at d-addicts was just the tv special of 2005... so yea...

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Jun 29th, '06, 22:15

If you read this thread a bit more carefully before posting, you'd know.

reiayanami451

Post by reiayanami451 » Jun 30th, '06, 15:33

hello everyone, I am currently watching Trick 3 but I have a question about the end of trick 2:

Why does Yamada see Shiina Kippei in the forest? :glare: I know the actor but I don't get the joke...
Is there a meaning to that? Or is that just some nonsense like the hair growing?

cassius

Post by cassius » Jul 27th, '06, 15:42

hey isnt the second movie due out soon? has it already come out in japan?

Winddancer

Post by Winddancer » Aug 3rd, '06, 11:59

Sadly I have missed these 3 promo trailers of the Trick Special. Could someone be that kind for uploading them again? 8)

Hybrid Hunter

Post by Hybrid Hunter » Aug 15th, '06, 04:38

The second movie is already out in Japan and has been for a while now.

Does anyone have the ringtone that was in Trick Season 2 the first story, where when that person got that 'ringtone' call they'd die soon (forgot the name of it). Also the ringtone that Yabe continued to used in future episodes as well.
I want that ringtone, does anyone have it?

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » Sep 28th, '06, 20:07

i hope someone would upload Trick Movie 2 HQ .avi XD

granodemostasa

Post by granodemostasa » Dec 14th, '06, 06:32

a little late....
back in the day this show aired in Los Angeles, with subtitles. Then I grew up, went to college and completely forgot about it. Then my brother got a girl friend who's last name is "trick." About a week later I find Trick 1 on youtube, and then see more and more of it.... and once again, i'm hooked on this show. I've finished all 3 seasons already and would simply like to comment that this is (with the west wing) one of my favorite all time Television shows, regardless of language or nationality.

rickt

Post by rickt » Dec 25th, '06, 03:10

just watched Trick 2 movie a few days ago on the plane.
is it true that was the final of all the Trick series? you know how at the introduction there's usually an egg cracking and the yolk with different colours would come out..? this time a chicken came out instead of the yolk, and it said "it's the end". oh well... that goes my hope for watching season 4 of the series... :(

nonno

Trick on DVD

Post by nonno » Jan 4th, '07, 16:49

Does anyone know where I can buy the complete series of Trick and the movies etc?

Thanks

Nonno
(UK)

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jan 6th, '07, 10:10

hi I really want to watch this drama...
but it seems a bit scary? so im just wondering if it is...cuz im not very good with ghost stories n stuff LOL
thanks XD

megwon

Post by megwon » Jan 6th, '07, 20:22

sunmoon wrote:hi I really want to watch this drama...
but it seems a bit scary? so im just wondering if it is...cuz im not very good with ghost stories n stuff LOL
thanks XD
It's not scary at all.

Actually, this drama is funnier than it is scary. >>>

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jan 7th, '07, 08:08

haha i started watchin it today ^^ and now im hooked
it has its scary moments T_T lol so i jsut cover my eyes haha
cool series ~ cant wait to see the rest XD

DAT64X

Post by DAT64X » Jan 14th, '07, 20:15

^ You can find the movie at Wachi's clubbox. The link is in "Clubboxes with Jdrama" -- http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

Scroll down, you'll find the link to Wachi's clubbox.

For Bit torrent, you can find it at FSC--Fantastic super club. Hope this helps.

I did a comprehensive search of FSC but couldn't find the torrent for the first Trick movie anywhere. Having a difficult time finding a BT on general google search as well. As for wachi's clubbox, I can't read korean and have no idea how to download/access the movie from there.

Any info on where to find a torrent for the first movie (with english subs) would be appreciated.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Jan 18th, '07, 19:48

There are NO ENGLISH SUBS for the second Trick movie yet. It just came out on DVD a little over a month ago!

There's a torrent for the RAW DVD rip on FSS. (Are we allowed to discuss movies on other torrent sites?).

A sub looks to be in the work, although it might be a little while.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jan 27th, '07, 00:40

Does anyone know if any sub group is working on subbing the second movie?

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Feb 11th, '07, 09:13

That's kind of a weird thing to ask, especially given the post immediately preceding yours.
SusieQ wrote:There are NO ENGLISH SUBS for the second Trick movie yet. It just came out on DVD a little over a month ago!

There's a torrent for the RAW DVD rip on FSS. (Are we allowed to discuss movies on other torrent sites?).

A sub looks to be in the work, although it might be a little while.
~____~

*ahem*

I just finished watch S3 and I have to say... I loved nearly every minute of it. It's kind of sad, but as soon as I finished watching it one of my very first thoughts was "I'm glad I didn't die last week." Which you might think to be a bit of a shallow comment... only I very nearly died last week. :blink

So, yeah... it's good to be alive. I think I'm gonna have to go with "Laughter" for that whole meaning-of-life bussiness.

=^.^=

One of my favourite parts has got to be all of the weird little... side things in the show. 'Gotta love whoever directed it... the guys doing crap outside Ueda's university, random people pointing and laughing at Naoko, the Ueda-JUUUUMP! was particularly cool.... carrying the car door around, constantly hitting his head on things.... very nice. There's just too much in each episode to list out, but the depth of quality in the show really struck me (especially given the flimsy premise that Trick initially appeared to be).

S1/3 SPOILERS
One thing I really thought was odd was how the overall quality for the finale episodes in S1 and S3 seemed to... drop. S2's finale was pretty mediocre, but S1's was absolutely horrid... and then they repeated it for S3.

For the whole 1st season up to the last episode, Naoko was "There are no spiritual powers!" ...and then she suddenly starts going off on how she has magic powers.... Then for all of season 2 and 3 she's back at "Magic does not exist!" only to start believing she has magic powers in the last episode... it's horribly inconsistent. For the "regular" series' Ueda is the gullible one who starts to believe in magic whereas Naoko is the stringent empiricist.... but come the finales they have their roles reversed. :cry:

S3 episode 9 Spoilers
What do you make of the Naoko's prescience in the begining of ep. 9? Honestly, given the overall slant of the show I can't imagine it being a genuine ability... but given the way the scene was shot and how it was used it seems it had no other purpose but to indicate that Naoko had some sort of latent spiritual powers....
I still have the two movies to watch... though I may wait for the subs for the second one as my JP isn't all that good and I don't want to miss anything (my fluency is bad enough I'd miss a lot with this kind of show) but I would like to know where they fit chronologically... I'm assuming movie 1 fits between S2 and S3; does that mean movie 2 is after S4? Given the ending to S3, I wonder if the movie picks up the Ueda/Naoko relationship where the show left off or simply used the main dynamic from the rest of the series'.

granodemostasa

Post by granodemostasa » Feb 17th, '07, 11:07

the the role reversal seems off. My own theory is this:

the clues lie in the themesong: Gekkou. Yamada's character has no incentive to believe in the magic displayed in most episodes. however, when there are personal reasons (basically, the proposition of her being more than just a street magician, and instead a real spiritualist or someone important) she has a tendency to want to believe it. basically put, the Island and its fantasy provide an escape from the world she doesn't enjoy.

For Ueda, in S3's final episode, he has the opportunity to hear about the "tricks" after they have happened. as he normally does, he will dismiss them; which is why he believes that the Island people are tricking Yamada. he sorta arrives as a third party observer, while yamada's the one who has been covered into the atmosphere of the trick.

Aria

Post by Aria » Mar 1st, '07, 01:50

Hi. I just started watching trick and am looking for the subs for the 2002 movie. I tried getting them on clubbox but for some reason the downloading doesn't work often for me. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. :-)

oro77

Post by oro77 » Mar 1st, '07, 04:05

Aria wrote:Hi. I just started watching trick and am looking for the subs for the 2002 movie. I tried getting them on clubbox but for some reason the downloading doesn't work often for me. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. :-)
Can you tell me where you got the movie ?
I need to see the first and second one.

Aria

Post by Aria » Mar 1st, '07, 04:13

i got the movie at http://box2.clubbox.co.kr:8037/app/inde ... =kdwluverz. Just type in trick in the search box. Don't know where the second movie is. I'm looking for a clubbox with eps from the 1st season.

oro77

Post by oro77 » Mar 1st, '07, 04:17

Aria wrote:i got the movie at http://box2.clubbox.co.kr:8037/app/inde ... =kdwluverz. Just type in trick in the search box. Don't know where the second movie is. I'm looking for a clubbox with eps from the 1st season.
Thank you !
I also search for 1st season, I have a crappy version. Please post here if you find it.

Do I need to join to clubbbox to download ?

EDIT : Ok the right url is http://box2.clubbox.co.kr:8037/app/inde ... =kdwluverz
without "." :D

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jul 20th, '07, 00:56

i want a season 4, but the chick in the 2nd movie says the last, i dont get it...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 20th, '07, 01:22

This is probably the most hilarious & cracky detective serie I've ever seen lol LUVE it <3

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 20th, '07, 04:17

mikomiko123 wrote:i want a season 4, but the chick in the 2nd movie says the last, i dont get it...
At the very last scene when Ueda is walking with Yamada, the field displays a huge word for "finish", but then it shows a little "maybe" at the bottom right as the camera moves. There is still hope for another season. 8)

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 4th, '08, 09:05

I just finished to watch this great dorama (only the 1st season for now); and I have an odd question... Who´s the man swimming and screaming near the shore in the ending of episode 10 (1st season), right after Yamada and Ueda realize they´re trapped in that tiny "island"? -A saw it on VHSRip so the quality... Probably it´s normal that I can´t recognize him... :scratch:-

Right after that, the beautiful Chihiro Onitsuka appears singing "Gekkou", and in the camera from the helicopter I can only see Yamada & Ueda, and not that "3rd person" :unsure:

I think that maybe is Yabe... (Or maybe his partner?) But I don´t know... What´s he doing in the middle of the ocean? How did he get there? ^^U I should watch season 2 to know this? :blink

Thanks! :P

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 5th, '08, 12:18

?

:-(

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 5th, '08, 15:19

I just watched the first 3 episodes of the first season. I'm a little bit confused about the watching order: There are 3 TV seasons, one TV Special and 2 movies (Is the TV Special and Movie 1 the same thing?). In which order should I watch them? I don't have the movies, so where can I get them? (They aren't on the d-addicts Tracker)

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jan 5th, '08, 16:46

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I just watched the first 3 episodes of the first season. I'm a little bit confused about the watching order: There are 3 TV seasons, one TV Special and 2 movies (Is the TV Special and Movie 1 the same thing?). In which order should I watch them? I don't have the movies, so where can I get them? (They aren't on the d-addicts Tracker)
The order is:
Season One
Season Two
Movie One
Season Three
Special
Movie Two

D-addicts doesn't have movies, but I got mine in the jdramas livejournal group. You have to join to download though.

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 5th, '08, 17:06

And who's the crazy man at the shore in the tiny island of the "treasure", in the last scene of the last chapter of season 1? :unsure: :-(
Last edited by SquallAdv on Jan 6th, '08, 04:02, edited 2 times in total.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 5th, '08, 17:31

marspeach wrote:
Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I just watched the first 3 episodes of the first season. I'm a little bit confused about the watching order: There are 3 TV seasons, one TV Special and 2 movies (Is the TV Special and Movie 1 the same thing?). In which order should I watch them? I don't have the movies, so where can I get them? (They aren't on the d-addicts Tracker)
The order is:
Season One
Season Two
Movie One
Season Three
Special
Movie Two

D-addicts doesn't have movies, but I got mine in the jdramas livejournal group. You have to join to download though.
Well, I joined Jdramas at Livejournals, but I couldn't find out where the video files are. (I couldn't find anything in the "Archive" section) :-(

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jan 5th, '08, 18:08

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:
marspeach wrote:
The order is:
Season One
Season Two
Movie One
Season Three
Special
Movie Two

Well, I joined Jdramas at Livejournals, but I couldn't find out where the video files are. (I couldn't find anything in the "Archive" section) :-(
Look at all the tags on the side, in alphabetical order. The files are split, so you will have to join them with hj split. Read the faq there for more.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jan 5th, '08, 20:42

I don't think I ever saw the second movie... what was the premise? (mystery)?

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 5th, '08, 23:40

And who's the crazy man at the shore in the tiny island of the "treasure", in the last scene of the last chapter of season 1? :unsure: :-(

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 7th, '08, 04:16

Wow... I'm feeling so ignored... I think it's a simple question right? Anyone who have seen Trick Season 1 with DVDRip quality should know who's him... :-(

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 8th, '08, 04:19

?

:-(

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Jan 8th, '08, 11:24

probably nobody remembers..
i don't either.. sorry

why do you ask actually?

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 8th, '08, 18:08

Well, actually I just finished to watch the 1st season, and currently watching season 2; but since I saw the last chapter of season 1 I have that doubt that's turning me crazy... I don't know what's that man doing swimming and screaming all crazy in the middle of the ocean, and the odd thing is that in the last moments, when the credits appears, the camera shows the tiny island from an aereal view, and there's only Yamada & Ueda, I can't see a 3er person! Probably it doesn't have any importance, but I'm just curious and that's something I need to know!! :P

PD: Now I'm downloading the last chapter in DVDRip quality, but if someone could view again that moment to solve my doubt would just be perfect... :lol

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 8th, '08, 19:01

Is it that guy in the background? I really don't know who he might be tough...

SquallAdv

Post by SquallAdv » Jan 8th, '08, 20:56

Yep, that one! :scratch: I just finished to watch chapter 10 with DVDRip quality and still can't realize who's him... :glare:

What a mistery! :blink

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Jan 9th, '08, 03:04

trick is something you would call a show full of irrational and unexplainable silly things
maybe it's just the director wants to have a cameo part or something :p

ChibiStarTk

Post by ChibiStarTk » Feb 28th, '08, 13:12

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:Is it that guy in the background? I really don't know who he might be tough...

Yamada's fan - only fan that is - http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seto_Yoichiro

Remember, he followed her all over the place :P

calophi

Post by calophi » Jun 3rd, '08, 03:10

I have a quick question.

On Wikipedia, it mentions that Yukie had bound her breasts for the first two seasons, and then in season 3 she left them unbound and it lead to jokes about her breasts looking bigger all of a sudden. But I just re-watched season 3 and I didn't see anything like that in there! Is it only in the DVD versions where they might have extra scenes, or are they in the special or movie 2? And it's very possible I just missed the jokes, too.

If anyone remembers, can they let me know so I can check for reference?

Thanks in advance!

Insomniac

Post by Insomniac » Sep 22nd, '08, 00:22

Yeah, I always thought the guy was Yamada's stalker/fan. He always seemed to show up late, when everybody's already on their way back to wherever they came from.
Last edited by Insomniac on Oct 31st, '08, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

gordon_br

Post by gordon_br » Oct 29th, '08, 05:17

I watched this series quite a while ago. It was good enough to keep my interest snd get me to watch all three seasons and more, but I frequently thought that the directing made it a bit Korny. The plot was good and the "tricks" interesting, but the direction just made it too phony.

My original motivation for watching it is that I am a big fan of Yukie Nakama, but I did not think this series showcased either her acting abilities or her beauty. From that aspect it was a bit of a let down.

Overall a decent series, but not great.

PauliNHo__

Post by PauliNHo__ » Dec 11th, '08, 13:01

Today, i'will start season 3... i expected enjoy it !

daraec

Post by daraec » Dec 18th, '08, 13:05

Hi,

if anyone still want the movies, its prettty hard to find them specialy the first one, there are the link to download them, good quality and English subs.

First movie--> http://www.vietfiles.org/english-subtit ... itles.html (Dont get wrong with the image, the image its from second movie, but the downloads links are for the first)

Second movie --> http://www.tokiemedia.com/DownloadLink.php?cat=430

Enjoy!!!

PauliNHo__

Post by PauliNHo__ » Dec 24th, '08, 21:24

Thank very much, your link is very usefull!

ritadeangelis

Post by ritadeangelis » Jan 3rd, '09, 22:08

Hi everyone,

Do you know if there is any hope for a TRICK sequel.
At the end of TRICK the movie 2, there are kanjis which mean (translation by a japanese friend of mine) "The very end, maybe..."
Then we could believe that they are going to shot something else ?
Any more information ?

:D

Insomniac

Post by Insomniac » Dec 2nd, '09, 23:47

Actually, a third movie is coming in spring 2010!!!
I can't believe it has not been posted yet.
Gekijoban trick: Reinouryokusha battle royale
That's the name.
:cheers:

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 3rd, '09, 03:04

Seriously? That's incredibly awesome news!

Come to think of it, I don't know that I ever saw the second movie......

Insomniac

Post by Insomniac » Dec 4th, '09, 05:11

Seriously? That's incredibly awesome news!

Yup. It's even on IMDB, and that means it's quite official.

Second movie is funny. But I still like the fight in the Trick Special better. Still, movie 2 has some penis jokes, and those make me laugh my head off.

Anyway. Movie 3! :cheers:

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Dec 4th, '09, 06:27

Nice. I went ahead and nabbed DVD-rips. Man, it's nice to actually be able to see people's faces in the season 1 stuff. Damn, I love this show.

Looking back, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen either of the movies--never could find 'em. Guess it's about time to go looking again. It's a shame Trick'll never see a stateside release. I'd love to have my own copies.

lucreazia

Post by lucreazia » Dec 19th, '09, 14:36

http://www.88news.net/2009/11/12/%E2%80 ... #more-7399

I found that. I talks about the 3rd Trick movie and that there will be another special.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 2nd, '10, 09:49

That's right!
You can watch five trailers on the official site:

http://www.yamada-ueda.com/

Looks great !!! :cheers:

Validictus

Post by Validictus » May 4th, '10, 17:58

Wow I'm so surprised that no one mentions Season 1 ep 3 (Haha no Izuma). In ep 3 where Nakamura-san declares "kiseki nante hitsotsu mou okotte nai". Ironicly a miracle is going on and no one notices. The gun which she shot the glass with is magically floating. And Naoko, having removed both her hands on camera, allowed the camera crew to pan nicely around the gun to show that nothing was supporting it. I know that later on there will be plot holes, but this is more like a joke that no one has caught, so I'm bringing it to attention.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 5th, '10, 07:09

haha you are right. The gun is floating in the air... very mysterious :P i think this is definitely a joke!

RedSamurai

Post by RedSamurai » May 10th, '10, 19:12

I'm so excited to hear that there is a new Movie & Special to this one of a kind drama! By looking at the official site, I can tell that the movie started airing in Japanese theaters on the 8th of May with the special to follow on the 15th of the same month which is great... However, there's still no mention as to when will the DVD be released (thus we poor gaijin creatures be able to watch it) :roll
Does anyone have an idea? Anyway, it seems the wait will still be looooong before anyone of us gets a peek at the highly anticipated flicks, b/c you know it's very unlikely to be seeing a CAM version shot in Japan :glare:

@Validictus: Nice! I think I totally missed that despite watching it like 10 times now!

Validictus

Post by Validictus » May 11th, '10, 11:19

lol is that what all the posters are advertising...I see those posters all around tokyo and I thought they were marketing the rerun episodes of the series

Edohiguma

Post by Edohiguma » May 11th, '10, 14:08

They need a new series. Definitely. TRICK 4 has to be done. And Kanjiya Shihori has to be a regular.